New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Caroline is indeed here.

Caroline looks like a young adult fey of some kind, with a very curvaceous figure. She has slightly pointy ears, almost elf-like, and long brunette hair down her backside. She's wearing a light green sundress, with darker green edging, as well as images of yellow, blue and green wave patterns and fishes.

She scans the room, looking for someone they could talk to.
    Vincent, on the other hand, looks very much like a JRPG protagonist. Crazy hair, crazier clothes, and a sword that's taller, wider, longer, and heavier than he is. He only seems roughly young teens, but he is also clearly an elf so who knows what that means?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sigil Stripe decides to give the pair of video game characters a friend wave.

Why not?

He's been pretty sociable today and they both look pretty darn magic-y to him! If he's lucky they might be willing to show him some magic! And that would mean he would get to take some more notes in his hoofy journal! The more diverse forms of magic he can find the better, after all.

It isn't easy cataloging and classifying every form of magic in the Nexus, but darn it he's going to try!

Sooo...

Yeah.

There's a unipony waving at the pair of elfy looking people. If any NPC is interacting with them without them talking to him first then that must be important, right?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Heh. I'm still struggling to understand all this. I had always thought... I had always been told that there was only one way of magic." And that unicorns were dumb beasts, that foreigners were all crazy and a hundred other things that now seemed in doubt. Except the part about crazy foreigners. That sounded more the truth to him now than ever.

"But I thank you for explaining so much. I doubt I would have discovered things so easily on my own. Next he turns to Astrid, offering a hand to shake. "And it is nice to meet you as well, Astrid."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Halfling in the Playground

An idea pops into Bellan's head that looks a little like the post above. Less words, really. Since they're the most obvious place to start, he'll turn and talk to the bartenders, asking where he can find her. Other NPC regulars might be pestered as well.

Should all else fail, he'll simply stand and ask loudly, "Does anyone know where Zee's gone?" He really does sound rather concerned, though he doesn't expect answers from the randoms around here. Thankfully, he's gotten a bit better at controlling his vocal cords around these people, and his 'loud voice' isn't positively deafening.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-09-13 at 11:21 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1325

Levi, a guy with a sword across his back, is sitting down at a table with the wizard (ThirdEmperor's character), the healer (Me.'s character), the pony (Rebonack's), and anyone else who cropped up while I was deadtimed.

Appears that he's not involved in any conversation with any of them at the moment, mostly because I have forgotten if he was in the middle of hearing something and he forgot to reply, or what.

His sword is definitely smaller than Vincent's sword. But it's not that small, either.

6. - Top - End - #1326

Sigil quirks his head off to the side a bit. "I suppose that isn't too surprising. Most realms only have two types of magic. Technology and whatever they consider 'proper' magic to be. But given the nature of the Nexus it is inevitable really that things will end up clashing. Here! Let me provide you with a rather exotic example."

The unipong coughs slightly before holding his hooves somewhat cupped in front of himself and closes his eyes.

"Ia K'rax-Naggath fhtagn antorbok magormor pargon UAH!"

And then snaps them open again, now blazing with kaleidoscope of impossible colors. A blaze of some kind of opalecent white power suddenly bursts into existence between his hooves, pulsing and twisting as tendrils snake away from it as if it were a living and hungering thing.

The unipony smiles a silly smile.

"Eldritch power source, invocation focus. This sort of magic is really touchy. Wouldn't suggest it if you aren't well aware of what you're doing."

And unless your San score is padded pretty well.

Then an ear twitches toward the buggish looking being. "You're looking for Zee? Last I heard she was going to some sort of fancy party over in the drow quarter of the city."

7. - Top - End - #1327

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "Mmm. Well, you're still wiser than most. You'd have to b a madman to walk into a tavern like this without armor."
    "How often do fights erupted here?" Imesah is definitely new to the Nexus if she has to ask that.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Dwarf in the Playground

Astrid happily shakes the wizards hand. And watches Sigil's display with wide eyed admiration. That was pretty cool.

"A pleasure to meet you as well. Though I do have to run or else I am going to be late. I'll see you later Sigil. Thanks a bunch.

And with that the young girl takes off heading to her next job.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

Enshadu moves to sit back down as a man walks into Trogs. He wears a long black coat, black vest, and white collar, showing that he is a priest. He's wearing black slacks, white socks, and sleek black boots. He carries a chrome and black suitcase. He also wears a big, long, black hat. He has little silver spectacles and a small grey goatee. He's wearing a necklace with the holy cross of Pelor. His face is gaunt, and long, but not skeletal. He's tall and thin. His grey hair is pulled back, and his blue eyes sparkle with intensity. He has black leather gloves, with crosses on the palms. He seems to be lost. He definitely emits an aura of light though. This guy was some badass priest. He has a scar on his forehead though, like someone hit him with a brick. He walks to Bellan quickly, looking confused. Excuse me, sir. Where is this...place.

10. - Top - End - #1330

Astrid is waved to as she departs!

"Well, you aren't in Greyhawk anymore, if that's what you're asking," the unipony at the bar pipes up. If Rebo's memory of the DnD 'standard' setting is correct Unicorns are normally talking, intelligent critters. So Sigil Stripe shouldn't be too much of an outlier.

Well. Assuming one ignores the fact that he's more or less the size of a human if he stands up on his hind hooves. And the fact that he's way cuter than the usual magical horned horse.

Most normal unicorns probably don't channel eldritch magic, either.

"This is Trog's Tavern, specifically. More generally this is the Nexus. I take it you just blew into town?"

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Sigil Stripe decides to give the pair of video game characters a friend wave.

Why not?

He's been pretty sociable today and they both look pretty darn magic-y to him! If he's lucky they might be willing to show him some magic! And that would mean he would get to take some more notes in his hoofy journal! The more diverse forms of magic he can find the better, after all.

It isn't easy cataloging and classifying every form of magic in the Nexus, but darn it he's going to try!

Sooo...

Yeah.

There's a unipony waving at the pair of elfy looking people. If any NPC is interacting with them without them talking to him first then that must be important, right?
    Caroline spots the unipony waving at them, and can't help but stop and stare. *Blink Blink* Uh.... Is that unicorn waving at us? she slowly waves back, just in case.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't know. Is it even possible for unicorns to wave? Maybe it's flailing or having some sort of hoof seizure?"

Vincent will wander over all the same.
    "Hi."
    A.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #1333

Looks like he's waving!

Totally looks like he's waving.

"Hello there, travelers! Might I interest you in some fine magical items or spell training?"

Oh!

He's a merchant!

Selling magic-y stuff!

When's the last time our heroes sold their old gear and upgraded to some new stuff? Need to do that regularly after all.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Troll in the Playground

Caroline follows Vincent over, but passes him when Sigil Stripe speaks. And he talks! she blurts out loud. She looks giddy now, like she has to go to the bathroom, but happy, not stressed.

Oh look, and he wants to trade items and spells. Maybe he knows a spell to help you age.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

Vincent gives Caroline an odd look. She's been acting real weird ever since NO.

And to be honest, they actually literally went shopping at the end of the last adventure which wasn't very long ago at all in game time. So their cash is a little low, but they still have some. And plenty of junk to sell if necessary.

"Sure. We're looking for a proper aging spell for a Main Character. Hero of Destiny type stuff. Got anything?" That's Destiny with a capital D.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #1336

Hopefully she doesn't relieve herself in the middle of the tavern. That would be really awkward.

Like...

Seriously.

"An aging spell, huh? That's some serious magic..."
    the unipony replies, tapping his lower with one hoof. "I don't have a spell like that on me. But I DO have a recipe for crafting one. You know how to craft spells from components, right? If you don't then I would be happy to teach you for a small fee."

Take the Spell Crafting Tutorial?
    >Yes No

17. - Top - End - #1337

Levi the Sword Guy starts debating if he should go find this "MagMart" soon enough, to buy some thick heavy-duty chains.

He sits quiet for the moment, wanting to see if this kid will really go through the Spellcrafting Tutorial.

...after all, most NPCs don't suddenly up and leave while the Main Character is in the middle of talking to someone.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-09-14 at 08:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Samantha looks sheepishly at the wizard for not bringing down her shield in time, but, she shrugs it off easily. She listens casually to the unipony, and notices hows he seems to be talking to a lot of people, and also seems very knowledgeable.She saunters over to him casually and asks with a smirk "So, if I may inquire, my fine sir, how does one such as yourself become so wise and experienced. You seem to know a great many things, especially for a unicorn. May I ask how that happened?"

Meanwhile, Samuel receives the sarcastic note and reads it through once before it simply bursts into flames in his hands as he grumbles angrily under his breath, some words that may be heard "Just trying to help...how was I supposed to know, I'm not even from here...they said Fae,didn't they?...should've just stayed home, could be working in my lab right now, but no..."

About half-way through this rant, Samuel notices the new elf people, (as does Samantha) and he looks over at them with curious eyes. Samantha does so too, slightly, both doing so very casually.
    Last edited by Me.; 2012-09-14 at 09:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1339

He's talking to lots of people because Sigil gets very excited when talking about magic! It is, easily, his favorite subject. Out of all subjects. Ever.

Though at Sam's question he gives her a somewhat irritated look. "Especially for a unicorn? What's that supposed to mean?"

Whoops!

That probably wasn't a very polite thing to say.

"And it's because I study. A lot. I spend most of my time studying and experimenting and building spells. My special talent is understanding a wide spectrum of magic. See?"

He points a hoof at the image of a rainbow burst on his flank.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samantha looks a little embarrassed at his first remark "Oh, no no, I didn't mean to be rude or offensive, please don't take it that way. It's just, where I come from, while unicorns are very powerful creatures in their own right, and respected as such, they don't talk, or use their hooves as hands. And they certainly aren't capable of intricate works of magic. " She then smiles again at his comment "It sounds like you and my brother would get along swimmingly. Only difference is your very sociable. Him, not so much."

21. - Top - End - #1341

Okay.

She apologized.

That's good.

Sigil clearly relaxes when it becomes obvious that no offense was meant by the comment. "Oh, well... Alright. I guess that's sort of common with unicorns in some realms? Quite a few of the newcomes I've met in recent days have been surprised when I start talking."

And waving at them.

And other such things.

"Well, I think that's probably because I'm pretty closely aligned with the magic of Friendship. It's one of the main focuses of my study after all. And being a grump is no way to make friends."

He chuckles, rubbing the back of his head with a hoof whilst smiling awkwardly. "And... uuh... on that note, sorry for being a bit snippy with you."

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samantha nods as she replies back "Yes, that I know of, in most realms it's common for unicorns to not behave such as you. But, life is full of wonders I suppose. Magic of friendship, that's a new one, may look into that a bit more. But I totally agree, I keep trying to tell him that, but he just doesn't listen. He's so big headed, thinks he's so smart and knows best."
    And she smiles in reply to his apology "Oh, it's fine. No harm no foul. Name's Samantha, by the way, and you?" She then extends her hand in a friendly gesture.

23. - Top - End - #1343

The unipony frowns a bit. "That's one of the hazards of too much talent. Goes straight to the head if you aren't careful. Pride and all that."

He then offers a rather wide smile. "A nice helping of humble pie on a regular basis does wonders, though. I should see if I can find the recipe for that..."

Wait, what?

Eeerr...

Moving on.

He peers at the hand. Then offers one of his forelegs for shaking. Said hoof certainly doesn't look like it should have any means of gripping things... And should Sam take it she'll find that it feels like a normal horse's hoof. Just... smaller.

"Sigil Stripe. A pleasure to meet you miss Samantha. Have you been here in the Nexus long?"

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samantha nods at his true words, and chuckles softly at the odd metaphor. She shakes his hoof as she would a human hand and replies "No, we, being my brother and myself, are pretty new here actually. "

25. - Top - End - #1345

What IS her brother doing right now?

Sulking?

Looking aloof?

Both?

Those seem like terribly lonely activities.

He should really find something more fun to do!

"Welcome aboard, then. Hope you enjoy your stay and prove flexible enough not to have a nervous breakdown because of all the weird that happens here,"
    Sigil laughs. "The Nexus is a pretty amazing place to explore and learn from. But it can be frightening and dangerous, too."

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

If you really must know, Samuel is sitting at a table again, this one a little closer to his sister. He is eavesdropping on their conversation very discreetly, while also looking over to the other tow fae now and again. That odd grenade he found earlier has been carefully placed in his satchel.

Samantha gives a hearty laugh at this and says, waving her hand dismissively "Oh please, after everything I have seen and done in my life, I doubt anything here will break me. Not saying I won't be surprised, I'm sure I will, but I'm no stranger to shock." After wiping a few tears from her eyes from laughing so hard, she continues a little more seriously "But it does seem like a very interesting place. I personally am very excited to explore it more and learn about it."

27. - Top - End - #1347

Tipping his hat goodbye to Astrid as she leaves, the Wizard turns his attention back to Samantha's conversation with Sigil Stripe. The sheer amount the little creature was talking made it hard to keep up, but, every word was worth hanging onto for someone who knows little about this world.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #1348

Hahaha! Yeah...

Sigil talks a lot. He'll ramble endlessly if you allow it. Especially if the topic happens to be magic. There are few things he loves chatting about more! Gets very excited, starts talking more quickly, waves his hooves around a bit.

Right now talk is on the Nexus in general, but that's still an interesting subject in and of itself.

"That's a great attitude to take. Keep an open mind and a keen eye. Always be on the look out for something that's unusual. And not just in the 'talking unicorn' sense of unusual, either,"
    Sigil laughs. "The Nexus has this odd habit of often times show you what you want to see. If you're only interested in the same old bland things that's what you'll encounter. But both in the city and beyond is a patchwork of every place imaginable. Set out in search of adventure and wonder and that's exactly what you'll find."

Sage advice from the pony.

He taps his chest with a hoof. "I was born here. And I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what's here to see and discover."

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samantha nods deeply, slightly impressed at the unipony's exceptional command of the english language. "That sounds rather exciting.Thanks, I'll try and keep that in mind." She replies while taking a sip of her drink.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Hopefully she doesn't relieve herself in the middle of the tavern. That would be really awkward.

Like...

Seriously.

"An aging spell, huh? That's some serious magic..."
    the unipony replies, tapping his lower with one hoof. "I don't have a spell like that on me. But I DO have a recipe for crafting one. You know how to craft spells from components, right? If you don't then I would be happy to teach you for a small fee."
    Vincent will choose yes, unless Caroline protests in some way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast