New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Ivaz shakes her head a little. Never hold back, woman. Full force till they're laying on the ground in their own blood.

Otherwise, you give them opening to get you.

Plus, they're likely to start off slow. You start full force, you'll catch them by surprise.

((And I'm off for the night.))

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

"Good point. Usually it's more fun to give them a 'Sporting Chance', though," Amist points out with a smirk, taking a deep, shivering gulp of her Black Shadow.

('Night!)

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #123

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Tucked away in a corner table, an Ice Elf named Moon Called finally regains her composure. She sits up, although Sevran doesn't seem to be particularly excited to let her go.
    <"Xun. I'm sorry."> Moon Called says, rubbing her eyes on her sleeve. <"I'm turning into an emotional old woman.">
    <"Don't be so hard on yourself, Keska,"> Sevran chides gently. He sits awkwardly next to his general, not sure what to do with his hands. After a few moments he settles on fiddling with a napkin container. <"It's been hard on all of us. Keval won't say it, but it's killing her too.">
    Moon Called frowns, nodding softly. Of course Keval wouldn't show it, but she'd be beating herself up over it. She'd been the only one with Mallod when she died. <"She shouldn't be. It was my fault. I shouldn't have sent them out like that. It was a suicide mission.">
    <"You didn't know that.">
    <"Yes I did. I didn't know anything about the situation. I sent our weakest fighter beyond rescue and she died and one of our best nearly got captured and executed.">
    <"No. You sent two of your most flexible warriors to scout out an important mission. Keska, it's not your fault.">
    Moon Called sighs. <"Sevran, I know you're trying to help me, but... I made a mistake and people died.">
    <"It's war, Keska. Mistakes happen. People die. I know it's tragic, but it was a mistake. We're fighters, Keska. Death is part of the job.">
    <"I don't want the job anymore, then.">
    Sevran blinks, taken aback. <"What?">
    <"I'm so tired of losing people."> Moon Called curls her hands into fists, looking down at them. <"I'm getting old, Sevran. I want some stability in my life. I want friends I can count on to be with me at the end of the day. There's so much death in my life and I don't know if I can keep up with it.">
    <"Keska..."> Sevran frowns, reaching down to gather Moon's hands in his own. <"I promise I'll be there.">
    <"You can't know that,"> Moon Called protests. She tries to pull her hands away, but Sevran gently keeps his hold.
    <"Yes, Keska, I do. And I'm promising you now. I'll be there at the end of the day. Every day.">
    Moon Called lifts her head, looking up at Sevran. For a few moments they simply look at each other, before the younger male throws caution to the wind, leans in and kisses her.

For a few moments, mostly out of surprise than anything (or at least, that's what she would tell herself later), Moon Called lets Sevran kiss her. But then a sense of propriety falls over her and she pushes him away.
    <"No. I shouldn't be doing this.">
    Sevran pulls back, trying to disguise his hurt. <"Keska...">
    Moon Called shakes her head, moving further down the bench seat.
    <"Why not? Is it because I'm younger than you?">
    <"No.">
    <"Then why? It's because of Kear, isn't it?">
    <"Don't make me do this, Sevran.">
    <"I'm not making you do anything, Keska! You are. You're hurting yourself. I want to help you.">
    <"I'm fine. I don't need your help.">
    Sevran curls his fists in frustration. <"This is what I hate about us, you know. We're all so Xun-damned stubborn. Why are you still hurting yourself over him, Keska? If he cared about you he wouldn't stay away so much.">
    <"That's none of your business.">
    <"Don't give me that. We've fought together, we've hunted together, we've split each other's blood. There's no secrets between us, Keska.">

Moon Called takes a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves. <"I'm staying behind for a while,"> she says abruptly, changing the subject.
    It takes Sevran some time to process this. <"What? Why?"
    <"I promised a favour to an old friend. The rest of you should go enjoy the clansmeet. I'll call you back when I need you."
    <"Oh hells no. You're not staying behind.">
    <"Do I need to give you an order, Sevran?">
    <"No, because I won't listen. Either you're coming with us to the clansmeet or I'm staying here with you.">
    Moon Called sighs, still not looking over at her companion. <"Do what you will.">

Sevran's mouth hangs open for a long time, before he growls with frustration and stands up. He tromps up the stairs, heading to the room he shared with Keval.
    Xun damn it, he wished Mallod was still alive.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Good point. Usually it's more fun to give them a 'Sporting Chance', though," Amist points out with a smirk, taking a deep, shivering gulp of her Black Shadow.

('Night!)
    Ivaz nods. True. I'll give ya that one.

So, wait till you know they won't be fighting back so hard. Then toy with them.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

"Fair enough." Amist chuckles, downing the rest of her Black Shadow with a very significant shudder of the magically pleasant chill rippling through her lithe figure.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    The Cowboy's Table

"Oh. Well that makes this the start of an adventure then!" Which both terrifies and excites Isla. Probably terrifies her more though. "Maybe fate took you here because you had all these regrets and needed to get away from them?"

Which is, she believes, why she ended up here too. Her luck wouldn't let her be unhappy forever. So one of the only questions is why it took her here so early. She'd still had three months of relative freedom left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Cowboy's Table

"I've been killed. Does that count?" Gertrude is still here, after all. She's drinking the pineapple juice sparingly, and feeding the raw fish to her pike-hand, which seems to enjoy it.
    The Cowboy's Table Near the Door Why are my characters always near the door?

"Maybe," he decides in an indecisive way. Maybe he had to get away from them?
    "Although, I have been needing a new adventure for some time, now. Just sitting around on a horse all day isn't very excitin'."

Something odd catches his attention.
    "Dead?!?"
    Benjamin asks Madame Gertrude. "You tellin' me that you're a bloodthirsty zombie or somethin'?" he asks, half-laughin'. "Because people usually don't come alive very often after dyin'. What happened?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

A very alien looking creature enters the tavern. A floating body like a white saucer, and hanging beneath are a mingling of sharp teeth and long octopus like tentacles that drag the floor. Atop this aberrant creatures strange body stand two long stalks, each with an eye that surveys the room around it.

The flumph proceeds to take a seat and flip through a menu. "I wonder if this establishment serves cucumber sandwiches?" it mumbles to itself.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #128
    Halfling in the Playground

Sharon's eyes widened, and she shook her head quickly.
    "Oh! Oh, no no not at all, I mean that perhaps maybe you didn't get along with them or something and wouldn't want s-somebody to be saying that they were sorry for your loss," she explains nervously.
    "Oh. My apologies," Percival says, shaking his head and glancing down. "No, I got along fine. I just... haven't been home in a very long time."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Oh. My apologies," Percival says, shaking his head and glancing down. "No, I got along fine. I just... haven't been home in a very long time."
    "I'm sorry to hear that." Sharon reaches to give Percival's shoulder a brief squeeze. "Is there...something keeping you from going home?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #130

Percy looks up at Sharon a moment, pondering how this conversation will go. "To be honest? I'm dead, Sharon. I don't think I'll ever know." And this really, truly irks him. Being in a place like the Abyss can strip away much from a man, but it rarely takes the negative emotions. Homesickness can be hell too.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Sharon blinked in surprise.
    "...oh. I'm sorry, I didn't know...did you, um, show up here when you died?"
    She's especially curious if he arrived seated in a comfy chair.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #132

"Not quite. Hotter, and farther south, if you catch my meaning," Percy says, his tone an attempt at joking, his mind determined not to lie. Omit information about the circumstances of his death, perhaps, but he won't lie. "This place is nice, though."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Cowboy's Table

"I've been killed. Does that count?" Gertrude is still here, after all. She's drinking the pineapple juice sparingly, and feeding the raw fish to her pike-hand, which seems to enjoy it.
    Isla goes white. "Y-y-you're undead?"

And then Benjamin expands on that thought, with a light chuckle. It's that chuckle that calms her a little, and a bit of color seeps back into her face.

"If you aren't undead, then you must be blessed, Madame." On her planet few people ever get to see a second life on the mortal plane.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

The Cowboy's Table

"No, I'm not a zombie and I'm not undead. I'm a priestess, and the Temple in Inside, the one to which I am attached, used to keep slaves. One of them, unfortunately, was a druid. She later escaped, and when I spoke to her the first time after the event, she told me she would try to destroy my religion. I conveyed that back to my superiors, and the Temple was moved so she didn't know where it was- we were underground back then, see, and our Temple wasn't a public location like it is now. The second time I saw her, I spoke to her again. I wear a magic ring that grants me immunity to poison, and trusted in my abilities and faith in Dalachrech to protect me from magical or physical harm. What I wasn't expecting was for an apple seed to be slipped into my drink- the druid then increased its growth rate through her magic and it grew inside, destroying my internal organs and eventually forcing its uppermost branches out through my mouth and nose. I had no part in what had happened to her at the Temple- my death was unlawful. So the High Priest, realising that he would need help attaining justice; at some point the druid became a demigoddess of life, or something. Anyway, he went to the local authorities, released the last slave- the others died in an attempted apocalypse a while back- explained that slavery was legal in his homeworld, though regulated to prevent casual abuse of the slaves. He opened the temple to the public and asked the authority for help capturing the druid. When they caught her, they asked the High Priest what an appropriate punishment would be. He said weregild- asked her to pay for a diamond which could be sacrificed to Dalachrech in exchange for my life. She said she had the power to bring true life back to the dead, and the High Priest thought that better. So after a mix-up in which another deceased colleague was brought back by mistake, she gave me another chance at life." And all that happened on-screen. Well, not the moving of the Temple; as a private location whose inhabitants at that time were all my characters, I judged that could be performed without prior notice. Especially as several other parties had attacked the Temple and its staff before, making it the logical and sensible choice.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig, or rather his plotclone, strolls into Trog's again. Or rides, since he's mounted on Kullervo. He does get off the saddle when he's inside, though. As usual, he heads for the bar. Last time he was here, he got rudely snubbed and then Magtok pulled off some fish-gun nonsense. Hopefully this time will be better.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #136

"Fair enough." Amist chuckles, downing the rest of her Black Shadow with a very significant shudder of the magically pleasant chill rippling through her lithe figure.
    Ivaz simply takes another swig of her drink and starts looking around a little, seeing who all is here.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Not quite. Hotter, and farther south, if you catch my meaning," Percy says, his tone an attempt at joking, his mind determined not to lie. Omit information about the circumstances of his death, perhaps, but he won't lie. "This place is nice, though."
    "Oh. Well, I'm sure it's more pleasant than, um, there," Sharon says with a nod. "May I ask how you got here? Or d-do you know?"

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Ivaz simply takes another swig of her drink and starts looking around a little, seeing who all is here.
    Amist relaxes as well, swinging her leather-booted legs up onto the table with a grin as she too endulges in people-watching.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Crusader undeadtimes and is obviously quite disoriented from it, stumbling around dizzily and bumping into a table. After apologizing profusely for his mistake, he seems to be all together again, and decides to continue his mission. Searching for an empty spot that would allow a lot of visibility from those gathered, he gives another firey oration:
    "Good people who dwell within this building of sin, I beg you to cease your consumption of these accursed drinks that dull your minds and turn you violent or lustful! I implore you to leave this building at once, and conduct your business elsewhere, support temperate establishments, and spend more time with your families, for the time of our mortal coil is short, and we should enjoy the company of loved one's whilst we can!"

19. - Top - End - #139

Ivaz's attention is caught by the stumbling man. She watches him a moment, curious.

Then comes his speech.

Which causes Ivaz to burst out laughing. Very loudly. Loud enough to probably catch the Crusader's attention.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Amist breaks down laughing to the point of tears as well!

"Geez, which turnip truck did this guy fall off of?" she finally asks once she's able to speak again, still giggling.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by nanobot_swarm View Post
    The Crusader undeadtimes and is obviously quite disoriented from it, stumbling around dizzily and bumping into a table. After apologizing profusely for his mistake, he seems to be all together again, and decides to continue his mission. Searching for an empty spot that would allow a lot of visibility from those gathered, he gives another firey oration:
    "Good people who dwell within this building of sin, I beg you to cease your consumption of these accursed drinks that dull your minds and turn you violent or lustful! I implore you to leave this building at once, and conduct your business elsewhere, support temperate establishments, and spend more time with your families, for the time of our mortal coil is short, and we should enjoy the company of loved one's whilst we can!"
    Seems this has caught the flumph's attention. "Sir? I say, Good Sir? Though I am sure your cause is nobly fueled, I think it may be somewhat foolishly guided," it says from its chair, both eyes pointed at the crusader. "To speak of their pastime as sinful implies that they are sinners. People don't like to be called evil, y'see."

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Seems this has caught the flumph's attention. "Sir? I say, Good Sir? Though I am sure your cause is nobly fueled, I think it may be somewhat foolishly guided," it says from its chair, both eyes pointed at the crusader. "To speak of their pastime as sinful implies that they are sinners. People don't like to be called evil, y'see."
    Ivaz turns her attention to the flumph. Speak for yourself. I know exactly what I am, and I'm proud of it, buddy.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #143

The Cowboy's Table Near the Entrance Facing the Doorway

Benjamin listens attentively to Gertrude's story, nodding and making small comments at almost all the right moments, and, when she finishes, adds, "That's an amazing story. Normally, I wouldn't believe such a story, but right now it seems quite possible."

Especially after seeing a gun that turns normal people into mermaids and turns arms into hungry fish.

He hears the CRUSADER, and turns and looks at him. As what the CRUSADER said has nothing to do with this poor cowboy, he shakes his head and mutters, "Those're fightin' words." Returning his attention to the table and the people around it, he puts on a smile again.

"How did it feel like, being dead?" Does she remember? "I've always wanted to ask that question." There just aren't enough dead people who are able and willing to tell you what death feels like.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Crusader is confused by all the laughter he is recieving from the various patrons, seeing that he had said not a single humorous thing within his little speech. Remaining adamant in his cause, he questions them aloud, "I understand not why you all laugh so loud, is there a comical thing I said, or a joke that I had missed?" Upon hearing the challenge to his speech, the Crusader turns to the flumph, stares a moment at the creature, then retorts, "I do not wish to call them evil people, that was not my intent at all. The patrons of this tavern are merely misguided, wasting coin on and consuming a drink that drives them towards sin. Thus I merely seek to point out the error in their ways, and convince them to find other, more constructive, ways to spend their time."
    Then he turns to the cowboy and says to him, "Good sir I have no quarrel with you, please do not take it as such."

25. - Top - End - #145

Ivaz turns her gaze back to the Crusader, a little bit more harshness in her eyes.

Where do you get off tellin' me what to do, huh? I will do what I want, when I want, where I want, and there's not a damn thing you can do to change that.

You're welcome to try, though. I very much enjoy a brawl with my drink.
    She grins.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #146

An eye turns to Ivaz and glares at her. "Crazy people and cartoon villains aside," it says flatly. The flumph's focus then turns back to the crusader. "Calling out someone's pastime still elicits a negative response, as you've seen." It points a tentacle at Ivaz. "And see, that's another thing, you're assuming people can't handle themselves. That when one drinks alcohol they automatically become violent or lustful. There are plenty of responsible drinkers. Certain bar patrons excluded of course." Damn crazy drunks, ruining the logic of a perfectly good argument against prohibition.

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

"And who you want, right?" Amist winks at Ivaz, before nodding in agreement with the fluph. "Heck, I knew a guy once who was the biggest monster you ever saw - until he was drunk, at which point he was all smiles and cuddles."

((Cookie for the reference ))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Crusader turns to Ivaz and states, "Well that is incorrect, you do not possess unlimited freedom, for society is built upon laws that limit certain freedoms in exchange for social stability and the safety of the populace. For example, one cannot take that which belongs to another, theft is illegal, and those that commit it are justly punished. One is also not free to damage and or desecrate monuments and memorials, for they are for the common viewing and appreciation by the masses, dedicated to a significant event or person in that nations time. If either were legal, then there would be no authority to prevent or dissuade individuals from stealing from whomever they chose, and monuments and statues would be covered in graffiti and garbage. In that scenario mob rule occurs and there would be much chaos. That is not justice I can assure you, and it is good that we avoid it with our societal rules." Then, though his face is obscured by a helmet, Ivaz can feel a sharp glare coming from him as he says in a calm but somewhat hostile tone, "You are a friend to justice, correct?"

Then turning his attention back to the flumph, he retorts in a calm and friendly tone as one taking part in a spirited debate amongst peers, "You make a strong point, many are able to control their alcoholic intake and remain upstanding citizens. However, there are also many who in their drunken stupor, violently thrash their spouses and children, many who in a drunken state inadvertently harm others in their period of dull mindedness, often taking lives whilst commanding a vehicle or beast of burden of some sort. There are many who use alcohol to perform acts of sexual immorality, taking advantage of others when their senses are stupified, others spend too much of their mone upon alcohol, drinking themselves to death and wasting their income which could be spent for better purposes such as family. Thus, because of these that use drink towards ill ends, is it not best that we encourage them to quit such a habit before anything ill happens. And worry not, I am ready to endure any hardship I can endure whilst following a righteous path."

29. - Top - End - #149

Ivaz will glare him down as the Crusader goes into his explanation of things.

At his question, she finishes her drink and sets the glass down hard.

And what if I wasn't, hm? What then? You gonna "take me in"? Huh? Gonna "make me see the error of my ways"?

Ha!

You mention all these laws, but you seem to forget something. It is within the realm of possibility that I just don't care. About any of it. Especially justice. That's just a concept who's definition depends on who's in charge. Who's got the upper hand. Who's got the majority vote.

Ivaz will swing her feet from the table and stand up, still glaring at the Crusader. The laws are made by whoever's in charge. So's justice. All that stuff is just vague concepts that, when you really get down to it, don't matter in the grand scheme of things. That's all human stuff. Made up. Never existed before we did.

So, I'm just going with nature, in a way. Doing what the planet does in regards to your rules. Not caring.

Oh, and all those scenarios you just mentioned to...uh...whatever that thing is? Yeah, I usually wait till after I do those to get drunk. Can't enjoy them when I'm intoxicated.
    Ivaz gives a malicious grin and puts her hands on her hips, waiting for the Crusader's response.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Amist leans back in her chair, a grin growing on the half-drowess face.

She's quite happy that it looks like she's going to get both dinner and a show.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew