New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Ivaz chuckles and shakes her head a little at the Crusader, folding her arms across her chest.

Like I said, the earth and nature don't give a crap about any laws or morals. So, those things are human concepts. We made them.

I never said I was "better" than the laws. Never said I was better off for it. I just said I don't want to. Pretty simple reason there. I just don't feel like it.

And as for these "fearsome predators" you speak of? Yeah, many things have tried to kill me. And I'm still here. And if I were "wronged", do I look like the kind of lady who'd go whine to the cops about it? Hell no. I'd find the bastard that did it and snap his neck. And that's if I feel like being nice. Or I'm in a hurry.

I may be on a destructive path, but it's a fun path, so what do I care? I'll deal with the afterlife when I get there. Who knows? I might even enjoy the warm weather.

Ivaz swings her arms down and casually strolls closer to the Crusader, putting extra emphasis in her movements. So, let me ask you something, Mr. High and Mighty. You say you're on some kind of holy mission. Is it a recruitment gig? See how many people you can get to join your team, eh? Might stand handing out jackets and shirts soon? As incentives, of course.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Those silly people are still arguing about law, order, and booze? Seriously? At this point it's just becoming absurd.

Anywho...

Sadei follows her cousin over to the fireplace, humming a quite and uplifting song that may very well begin to mend the half-fiend's hand. How very useful! Thankfully it isn't the sort of magic that makes undead burst into flames for no reason, otherwise it would probably make Rein really uncomfortable.

The lewt heap continues to be very phat.

"I... I guess that was one of those random encounters? I'm glad no one got hurt too badly..."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

That would be very... uncomfortable.

"I guess you deserve first pick, huh?"

Reinholdt says, stepping back to the pile of lewt and moving to shift it over to the fireplace where Victoria and Sadei can go over it too.

Reinholdt's very adept at moving lewt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #214

Ally waves at Rein after spending quite some time deciding if she should. On one hand, he's psychotic, on the other hand, he's one of the few people she's talked to in the Nexus. So if he looks in her direction, he may see the redheaded thief waving and nervously smiling her best "Please don't cut off your other ear in front of me" smile at him. Then she returns to waiting for Lynette to reply to her.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks." Victoria smiles at Sadei, understanding what the song was doing. "That was strange. Usually the Random Encounters aren't too dangerous. I mean, I've never heard of anyone dying in one, or anything." She grins at Reinholdt when he brings the loot over. "But the risk is certainly worth the reward."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

6. - Top - End - #216

The Cowboy's Table Near the Doorway
    "Darn it!" exclaims the cowboy. For the second time, he misses a great Taste of Adventure just by minutes! One day, Benjamin will get his revenge on the Deadtime for keeping him out of the battles!

He seriously missed that battle against the flesh-eating cloud. And he would have helped, too...

Ben's attention returns to the conversation with the two ladies. "That's great," he says after hearing that something actually happens after death. "I've actually been wondering what happens after dying. Better than nothing, I guess."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Oh. Well, I'm sure it's more pleasant than, um, there," Sharon says with a nod. "May I ask how you got here? Or d-do you know?"
    "I was summoned here in the service of Lord Dalachrech," Percival says, rather neutral on the subject. It's a job, other than his side attempt at photography, and it keeps him busy. "A broad improvement, for certain."

The tall demon glances behind him, scanning the scene of terror that has come and gone. "Gods, turn your back for one minute in this place..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #218

They certainly LOOK dangerous.

But oddly enough even people who appear to have been slain by an encounter end up being part of the encounter to begin with. Like it's all some elaborate but ultimately harmless form of entertainment.

Weird.

But then the Nexus itself is pretty weird too, isn't it?

Anywho!

Lewt! Aside from heaps of gold coins and gems (which will turn out to be made of plastic upon closer inspection) there are a number of very real and very useful things in the pile! Or at least they're probably useful. Stuff from encounters almost always is.

Uuhh...

Dice.

A d4. A d6. A d8. And a d10.

No d12 though.

Never gets any love.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh. I haven't heard much about him," Sharon says, nodding in agreement in his assessment of the scene as the protective deadtime ooze sloughs off of her.

Amist, for her part, somehow has managed to get a bucket of popcorn...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt waves back to Ally! Hi! See, he's not psychotic. Just... socially challenged.
    Invisible sad face here.
    Reinholdt waits for Victoria to pick first.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Dice? Well, that was an underwhelming result for her first Random Encounter. But maybe they did something interesting. Victoria reaches to pick up the d4.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt will save Rebo a little time and personally go for the d8, his favorite kind. D8s are awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #223

"Actually, she brings up an interesting question, is this part conversion work? Or at the very least, are you instructed to promote your church during your speeches?" the flumph says with genuine curiostiy. "Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just might make things harder for you though."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

He retorts, more annoyed than angry, "Well since the earth and nature were created by our divine mistress, and that many of the laws of society are based around her divine mandates for our race. Therefore they do transcend this physical realm, whether or not the natural realm reflects the divine mandates for society is irrelevant.
    I apologize for misrepresenting your life, and comend your honesty, too often I have encountered those who claim they are above good and evil, and that they are superior beings for not following morality and other such nonsense. They are almost all cowards who have no valor, and make parasitic worms look affable."
    When she mentions enjoying the warm weather, he gives a deep belly laugh that seems to outlaugh all the previous laughes made at him and his speech. When finished he states, "Oh you tell such a marvellous jest, for it is truly mad to believe that any would look forward to the unimagineably cruel punishments the Lord of Cinder would inflict upon them for being corrupt souls. Oh it is too much, my sides doth hurt."
    Now addressing her last questions he says more seriously, "No, recruitment was not my intent, I merely travel the lands, righting whatever wrongs there are, and correcting people on the error of their ways, putting them on the path to salvation. However, if you would like to join the Sovereign Military Peacekeeping Order of the Holy Goddess's Divine Raidence, then first thou would have to repent for your sinful life, performing many good works and such, and then prove yourself worthy in both combat and doctrinal knowledge. It is a dangerous path I undertake, I will not force others to follow upon it, lest they be willing, hence why I have not yet mentioned it till asked."
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2012-08-01 at 11:50 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Sadei, for whatever reason, doesn't seem very interested in the lewt. The chimeras have never really bothered with magical items at all. Their own innate abilities are plenty sufficient. And akin to their mother there's a reasonable chance that magic items won't like like them very much.

The last time Sadei tried to loot some lewt the device exploded when she tried to focus her will through it.

And that's terrible.

Anywho!

The four sided die is a Die of Cardinal Elements! Each side associated with one of the four classical elements, earth, fire, wind and water. Simply by rolling the die an elemental of the corresponding type will be summoned! Though only one can be summoned at a time.

Rein got the Die of Resplendent Brilliance! By rolling the die it will release a beam of light corresponding to one of the seven colors of the rainbow! Or all seven in the case of rolling, well, an eight. What do the beams do?

...that's an excellent question!

16. - Top - End - #226

Ivaz shakes her head. Eh, no. No way, no how. No joining some religious group.

Also, something you might want to consider during your time here. Your deities are probably unheard of around here. You can go ahead and mention them all you want, but odds are good there aren't many people here who know them.

Ivaz will lean against a table near the Crusader. And it's true the other way around. Like my home, for instance. We don't have gods. Just spirits. Ten, in fact. One for each element. And you haven't heard of any of them because they don't exist in your home.

Also, odds are good that some of your laws don't exist where other people are from. Should probably learn the law of the land before you start telling people they're wrong and sinful and stuff.

And I will fully admit that I can easily be called evil. I have no shame in that. I am a proud, sexy, murderous woman.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

17. - Top - End - #227
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Oh. I haven't heard much about him," Sharon says, nodding in agreement in his assessment of the scene as the protective deadtime ooze sloughs off of her.

Amist, for her part, somehow has managed to get a bucket of popcorn...
    "You don't want to. He's a Demon Lord," Percival explains, still studying the scene. He gives an irked little half-smile. "I shouldn't complain. I'm a demon who isn't in hell. Can't ask too much."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, that's nifty." Victoria says, grinning as she turns the die over in fingers. "I wonder what the others do." But she had heard stories about what had happened to people who took too much from the pile.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not even sure what mine does." Reinholdt says. That's a first.

Guess the only way to find out is to roll it in a random direction so the point is pointing at a random person!
    So he does that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #230

Rein rolls a 6!

That would be indigo!

A dark blue beam of light lances out of the die, arcs through the air, and lands right at Rein's feet, creating a five foot by five foot square of indgo color right under his toes!

Huh.

Well.

That's...

Interesting?

Sadei eeps slightly at the sudden movement and scoots away just in case the beam does something nasty.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Victoria blinks at the square at Reinholdt's feet. "Well that's... useful?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "You don't want to. He's a Demon Lord," Percival explains, still studying the scene. He gives an irked little half-smile. "I shouldn't complain. I'm a demon who isn't in hell. Can't ask too much."
    "I suppose t-that is a plus," Sharon observes with a nod, and only a slight stammer.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

"I, uh, guess if I wanted to play a really weird game of twister maybe?"

Reinholdt takes a stick and pokes at the Indigo! A fresh stick even!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #234

Rein prods at the indigo square under his feet! It responds by being colorful! It must do something. Right? Usually encounter lewt provides an explanation of how it functions and to what ends. This is rather unusual...

Oh.

And the D8 will find itself back in Rein's hand again.

How nifty!

Maybe this is all it does?

Make colored squares on the floor?

Random Encounters DO spit out dud items every now and again...

25. - Top - End - #235

Ashley watches the colored spot of light with some interest, but soon pulls away and gets out a book for her to read.

26. - Top - End - #236

Ally notices Ashley and immediately goes over to quietly sit next to the mage.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig shrugs off deadtime and looks at the scene after the random encounter.
    Whoa, what a mess. Good job on preventing this thing from eating us all, though.

Kullervo, meanwhile, backs away from MHF a little. It smells wrong. He's used to many wrong smells, having carried his master into different places, but still.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #238

Ashley pretends not to notice Ally sitting next to her, but that pretense can only last a few seconds before she scoots as close as is acceptable to her. "Hi, Ally."

29. - Top - End - #239

Hi, Ash. She tries to put an arm around the other woman's shoulder. I missed you.

30. - Top - End - #240

As Ally puts an arm around her shoulder, Ashley leans in and slides an arm around her waist. "I missed you too. How have things treated you?"