Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1230
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground
     
    King Tius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    "It was just Miss Stormscale, Gorgon (she points to the dog) and I here. Is poor Miss Stormscale alright? I ran in here when I heard here scream but I couldn't find her and those THINGS...." She starts crying again but is able to steady herself. "What did we do to deserve this?"
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Game
    Dwaer Depths II - Pathfinder
    Dwaer Depths Wiki Page

    Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide


  2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Demos sighs, shaking his head, and the man's cold demeanor breaks down for a moment, granting his voice some warmth. "You did nothing to deserve this, no more than anyone could deserve a housefire or a robbery. This may be a more horrible and unnatural attack, but it's an attack all the same, and you can take no blame for it."

    He looks to the others, and then he quietly heads to the top of the stairs. "We need to get her outside before we sweep the basement for the last of these things. Keep an eye out for anything that may provide explanation as to why this has happened. Let's go, now; if we linger she may get harmed."
    I have several presentations tomorrow/today and a case of strep throat. Expect delays, and wish me luck.

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Goldfly's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Michiko gives a small smile at the distressed woman.
    "She's a bit scratched and shaken up, but she should be perfectly fine. Now, you should head outside; she was worried half to death about you two."
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mshady's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Toland

    The Paladin accepts the embrace with a grimace, and is glad for his armor during the embrace, which is as painful for him as it is joyful for her. He accepts her thanks with a forced smile and a stiff bow, before introducing himself.

    "You are most welcome. I am Toland Albright, a paladin of the Temple of Iomedae in the city. Please come by sometime during service. It would be a pleasure to see you there.

    The others are right about your mistress being worried about you. We should get you out of here. When you are ready, of course. You did not do anything to deserve what happened. Things, however extraordinary, do happen from time to time. It is the world we live in, sadly, but rest assured there will always be those like the others in the room to help in those times of need"
    the Paladin says, and smiles at her.

    Like I believe half of that. That gunslinger and I might be the only ones in here at all, if someone didn't offer a reward. Gold can motivate even heathens to do Iomedae's work though. Certainly enough gets splashed around this town to that end....

    Still though, I need to get her our of here before more come up. I doubt we are so lucky as to have cured this ill with one treatment.


    "While we all agree what happened here was undeserved... if there is anything you might know about what happened privately to help us understand what happened, I would hear you well on that. I am curious how the attack started and such. Any details you might know. Also, I must say, for such a night, you have managed it with much grace and strength. It took some wit to find a safe hiding place."

    Diplomacy Check + Bonus

    (1d20+9)[28]
    "Clerics: Just because they heal you, it doesn't mean they like you."

    Heretic's Bane - DM

    IC Forum: Heretic's Bane - Icewind Dale (and beyond)

    OOC Forum: Heretic's Bane - Group Chat

    Heretic's Bane Wiki - http://hereticsbane.wikispaces.com/

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Lyrie just follows. This encounter has shown how unexperienced she is. Well such things come. She tries to be the last in the row since she still assumes enemies and she wants to be as far away as possible from the paladin. For now she may need the weapon more than him. He has his shield right?^^

    "Deserve? That's still open."

    I know she doesn't know much about undead, but they only appeared in this house. Due to that people in here did something to find them or such.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground
     
    King Tius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    As the group escorts the woman and the dog down the stairs, she does her best to answer Toland.

    "I've no idea where these crazy things came from! Like I said, I woke when I hard Miss Stormscale scream bloody murder and I came running. I'm so glad she's alright, I don't know where I'd go if she was gone! I'll be sure to come and pray to Iomedae for sending you all to save me."

    When you reach the front door and knock, a frightened guard shouts to you. "Is it all clear?" After you give the all-clear, the door is opened and you all exit the house, some of you limping from your wounds.

    The crowd has thinned quite a bit but there are still near two dozen bystanders who give gasps of surprise at your reappearance. Gorgon takes off at a run and bolts straight to Miss. Stormscale, followed closely behind by Indala. The two women and dog share a tender moment as they embrace one another.

    The Captain of the guard is also still on site. He approaches you, now no longer on horseback. "What news from inside? Has the threat been eliminated? There's someone here who can tend to your wounds."

    A woman steps forward, her head and face concealed beneath a veil and hood....
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Game
    Dwaer Depths II - Pathfinder
    Dwaer Depths Wiki Page

    Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide


  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Calenestel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    57°39’55.5"N, 12°06’14" E
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    No. At second glance it's not a veil. Under the hood of the woman's cloak her whole face is covered by a green cloth mask; in the fickle lights of torches not even the colour of her eyes can be told. As she approaches you notice that under a set of studded leather armour she wears a green and yellow dress, divided for riding and running, with a high collar that leaves no skin showing beneath the mask and soft gloves in brown leather. Calmly she moves to face the paladin, immediately noticing that his wounds are the worst. "Hold still a bit, sir Tolland," she tells him in a soft, smooth voice. " This might tingle somewhat." In her low voice she starts murmuring, chanting maybe even singing, while her right hand move through a series of crips, precise but not overly complicated gestures. Finally she lays her hand on the paladins shoulder, washing away the worst of his wounds on a current of slightly tingling positive energy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Light Wounds, of course. (1d8+1)[9] Edit: Hey, nice!
    Let's see what that does to begin with.
    (Also, I'll put a little intro to my char in the OOC thread when I've taken my kids to the daycare.
    Last edited by Calenestel; 2012-08-24 at 12:24 AM.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" - Terry Pratchett

    Big thanks to Savannah for the AWESOME Papa Wolf avatar!


  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Demos looks around for a moment, observing the crowd, before addressing the captain and the homeowner. "There were at least a dozen skeletons inside, and they were not the easiest to put down. Their bones turned aside our blades, and in the end it was only by crushing them or shooting them," he holds up his pistol, "that we were able to destroy them. We have also cleared out the upstairs. That said, we have not had a chance to go downstairs, where several of the undead emerged; it simply wasn't worth risking the paladin's life or the woman's. Now that a healer is here, however, I think it's important to make sure that they're actually all dead."

    He looks to Miss Stormscale, sizing her up for a moment before speaking to her directly. "Ma'am, I really don't mean to be impolite, but there's no delicate way to put this. The ammunition I use for this weapon isn't exorbitant, but it is expensive for someone of my means. I've used a healthy amount clearing out those creatures, but I still have enough left to make my way. Before I go back in there, however, I would like your word that we will receive compensation, and that doing so isn't going to be an excessive burden on you. It may be crass, but I need to know before I disarm myself through expenditure of ammunition."
    I have several presentations tomorrow/today and a case of strep throat. Expect delays, and wish me luck.

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gorgon_Heap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Christmas City, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    The elf woman watches the women and animal for a long, thoughtful moment as if lost in thought. When the healer approaches and speaks, she again displays a wide, easy smile.

    "Sir Toland, is it? Well, great knight and paladin, thank you for absorbing those wounds to protect the less verile. It was most thoughtful." She pats his shoulder, and though she still grins mischieviously, there's no disrespect in her tone.

    "Jalaera Winterwind." She introduces herself to whomever is polite enough to listen as we mill about.

    As the pistoleer speaks, Jalaera casually looks between him and the house with a attitude of disappointed aloofness, but she says nothing.
    Avatar: Rain Coralcove, Cleric of Zeboim

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jalaera Winterwind, Arctic Elf Ranger
    Jalaera image
    Jalaera OOTS
    Oren, Cleric of the Silver Flame
    TRON d20 game Sarah Whitfield


    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

    "Why do the caterpillar and the ant have to be enemies? One eats leaves, and the other eats caterpillars. Oh, I see now. "

    - Jack Handy


  10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Calenestel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    57°39’55.5"N, 12°06’14" E
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Taking her hand from Tolands shoulder the masked woman turns towards the elf and bows slightly, just slightly more than an inclination of her head. "Well met, Jalaera Winterwind. I am Susannah; Susannah Pitt, servant of Sarenrae, Pharasma, Irori and Gozreh." A smile creeps into her voice as she ***** her head slightly to the side and adds: "It's a long story."
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" - Terry Pratchett

    Big thanks to Savannah for the AWESOME Papa Wolf avatar!


  11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Goldfly's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Michiko furrows her brow at the mention of Susannah's name. "Susannah... I don't think we've met before, but I vaguely remember mom and dad mentioning you to me once or twice. I'm Michiko Shizuka; my parents run the shrine to Nethys." She looks around at everyone and smiles. "It's nice to meet you all!"
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Lyria follows, still taking the position behind the others. As they leave she throws a view over the skeletons they just slay, maybe one still has something worthfull.

    Then outside they meet a priest of 4 gods? Sounds like splited personality for her.

    "The guy with the gun is right. There may still be more to do right now."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Demos smiles faintly at the monikers, before nodding politely to the others. "I suppose in the heat of the moment I failed to introduce myself. My name is Demos, son of Savien, who was captain of the Mystral Wraith."
    I have several presentations tomorrow/today and a case of strep throat. Expect delays, and wish me luck.

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mshady's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgon_Heap View Post
    The elf woman watches the women and animal for a long, thoughtful moment as if lost in thought. When the healer approaches and speaks, she again displays a wide, easy smile.

    "Sir Toland, is it? Well, great knight and paladin, thank you for absorbing those wounds to protect the less verile. It was most thoughtful." She pats his shoulder, and though she still grins mischieviously, there's no disrespect in her tone.

    "Jalaera Winterwind." She introduces herself to whomever is polite enough to listen as we mill about.

    As the pistoleer speaks, Jalaera casually looks between him and the house with a attitude of disappointed aloofness, but she says nothing.

    Toland

    When the veiled woman approaches, Toland recognizes her and nods at her approach. He smiles at her, relieved to see her on one hand, even if he still felt somewhat uncomfortable around her as well. It was.. complicated.

    "Yes, they always say it will tingle a little. No doubt it will tingle less than the original hurts though" he says and laughs quietly. "The legs the worst. One of them tried to tear out the artery" he says and pauses. "It's good to see you. A moment though, please?"

    The Paladin smiles slightly towards Jalaera and nods.

    "Aye, yes that would be Sir Toland" he says, than pauses. "I've not been knighted by the nobility. The Temple of Iomedae considers the few of us knights of our faith, 'knighted' by Iomedae on account of our blessing, so the Sir comes along with it although it's spelled S-E-R. I'm told the title aggravates actual noble knights to no end. Not that it bothers me much. Just Toland is fine though, honestly" he smiles at Jaaera, holding eye contact with her for a moment longer than strictly needed, than glances at her generally.

    "As for "taking one for the team" back there "I was just doing my duty back there, trying to hold them off a moment. That was not, of course, my favorite kind of duty of course"

    Diplomacy

    (1d20+9)[16]

    Distracted from the main conversation at first, he returns his attention to it as the gunslinger gives his report on what happened inside about the skeletons. He goes on to discuss their payment, and at first it raises his hackles but than he sees the man's point. His gun was damned effective, certainly. Still though... this could get ugly.

    Now rejuvenated, Toland joins the conversation and nods at Demos.

    "Well, I would certainly attest to his aim and effectiveness with his weapon. Without it, I've no doubt we might still be in there and these soldiers would be putting a torch to this magnificent house. I myself was felled and nearly died in there. My compliments on that remarkably solid table, by the way and my apologies for any scratches on it. While compensation is not of great concern to myself, I can understand his concern for himself and the others on the matter. Still though, no cause for concern on the matter, yes? You are certainly a person of means with such a house and in this district. What business were you in, might I ask?" Toland says to Mrs. Stormscales, trying to soothe matters.

    Diplomacy

    (1d20+9)[24]

    Turning back to the group, he looks back at the house and at them, but makes sure he is still in ear shot of Mrs. Stormscales.

    "So, I would agree with our gun-totting friend. While I confess to not understanding his weapons, he has a point on the other matter. Those skeletons came from somewhere below the house. We can either go back in there now, or board it up and return. This is no doubt NOT the end of the problem here. Of course, until someone goes down there, it would be quite unsafe for her to return to the house as who knows what else could be down there, ready to come up"

    He smiles slightly and hopes Mrs Stormscales catches his drift. She couldn't return to the house until someone went down below. Which was a different commission, wasn't it? The first being a rescue.
    "Clerics: Just because they heal you, it doesn't mean they like you."

    Heretic's Bane - DM

    IC Forum: Heretic's Bane - Icewind Dale (and beyond)

    OOC Forum: Heretic's Bane - Group Chat

    Heretic's Bane Wiki - http://hereticsbane.wikispaces.com/

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Calenestel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    57°39’55.5"N, 12°06’14" E
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    The masked healer nods in response to Michiko, with a somewhat more guarded set to her shoulders, but says nothing in answer. While the others discuss the current situation, what has been done and what is yet to come, she instead moves on to Lyrie (with a quick parting nod to the paladin), adressing the younglooking woman while eyeing her injuries: "Let me have a look at your wounds. Like I said to ser Toland: This might tingle a bit." Again she launches into her spellcasting, the same cadensce, the same strange words and the same precise gestures. And as she touches the arm of the wounded kitsune a tingling rush of energy moves through her body, knitting wounds and stilling bloodflow. With a nod for Lyrie she then moves over to Kiernan, kneeling down so as to face the gnome directly: "And how about you. Youv'e stayed quiet so far. Going back in as well?"
    She knew her own limitations well and knew she had already spent half of the amount of magical energy she could muster without rest. If the gnome would reenter the house with the rest of the group she'd heal his wounds too. Otherwise she'd bind them and let natural healing and rest do it's work instead.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Healz for Lyrie: (1d8+1)[3] Edit: Well. That's definetly a lot more disappointing than the last roll.
    I guess I might have to give Lyrie another CLW. But with only two spells left even before Sannah possibly helps Kiernan she won't be of much help after that.
    Last edited by Calenestel; 2012-08-25 at 01:48 PM.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" - Terry Pratchett

    Big thanks to Savannah for the AWESOME Papa Wolf avatar!


  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mshady's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Toland

    The Paladin looks around at the group for a moment before speaking again.

    "So, who would happen to have my morningstar? Or is that still inside? If we are going back in, I think I might have need of that again" he says and smiles serenely at the group.

    I do rather need that back. It may have been donated to the Temple, but they will still charge me for lost equipment out of the stipend I don't get...
    "Clerics: Just because they heal you, it doesn't mean they like you."

    Heretic's Bane - DM

    IC Forum: Heretic's Bane - Icewind Dale (and beyond)

    OOC Forum: Heretic's Bane - Group Chat

    Heretic's Bane Wiki - http://hereticsbane.wikispaces.com/

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Lyrie still not in Kitsune form nods at the cleric.

    "Thanks."

    Then she looks at the Paladin.

    ""I have it here. After you felt I thought I could better defende you with it since my weapons are rather useless against skeletons."

    She grabs into her bag draging out his weapon and handing it over to him.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gorgon_Heap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Christmas City, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    The elf stands near motionlessly, her white hair blowing in the night breeze. She turns the partisan with her fingers, grinding the butt into the cobbled street, but shows no other sign of impatience.

    She waits as the healer, Susannah, ministers to the wounded and hears out Toland's explanation of his title. She notes that as the big man tolerates Susannah's care, his eyes linger on her heartbeats too long as he speaks.

    She shakes her head not-quite imperceptibly in bemusement.

    "Tell us, girl," she says as the young woman offers Toland back his weapon, "you are inexperienced but willing, so how best can we use you if you intend to follow us back inside? It's your life to endanger, so I won't tell you not to come, but we should know what skills you possess."

    She points generally at those she describes, "For instance, we’ve a marksman and a pincushion, while Michiko knows magic of some sort and the gnome is mobile and can heal wounds.

    “So who are you?”
    Avatar: Rain Coralcove, Cleric of Zeboim

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jalaera Winterwind, Arctic Elf Ranger
    Jalaera image
    Jalaera OOTS
    Oren, Cleric of the Silver Flame
    TRON d20 game Sarah Whitfield


    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

    "Why do the caterpillar and the ant have to be enemies? One eats leaves, and the other eats caterpillars. Oh, I see now. "

    - Jack Handy


  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mshady's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Toland

    "I'm not the pincushion, am I?" Toland laughs at the remark.
    "Clerics: Just because they heal you, it doesn't mean they like you."

    Heretic's Bane - DM

    IC Forum: Heretic's Bane - Icewind Dale (and beyond)

    OOC Forum: Heretic's Bane - Group Chat

    Heretic's Bane Wiki - http://hereticsbane.wikispaces.com/

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Demos smiles at the banter, a sense of normalcy returning in the after effects of the battle's adrenaline. "You are a marvelous pincushion, Ser Toland, and one that I would not mind working with again. Once I finally have the resources to truly fix this old soul," he holds up his gun, "I'll have fulfilled my only current longterm goal. That said, future arraignments will have to wait."

    He looks to the lady of the house, nodding politely before speaking. "My lady, you have a simple choice before you. We can settle things here and leave you be, or we can go back inside; not to rescue anyone, but to ensure that there are no more of those creatures lurking in your basement and to see if we can determine where they came from, and why they've attacked your home."
    I have several presentations tomorrow/today and a case of strep throat. Expect delays, and wish me luck.

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Goldfly's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Michiko gives a wide smile. "I know my magic isn't very useful against these creatures- they don't really have a mind for me to alter. I'm still going to try, though!"
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground
     
    King Tius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Miss Stormscale detaches herself from her handmaiden and dog to stand up fully and address Demos. "Absolutely, it is the least I can do. Does 250 gold a person sound like adequate compensation? My husband is dead but he did leave me more than enough to get by." It occurs to you that this elderly rich woman may have a skewed opinion of how much money is needed to "get by."

    In response to Toland's inquiry, the old widow gives a brief account of her husband's career. "My late husband started out as a pole man (man who guides a raft) as a lad down south. He'd lived on the Dagger his whole life, eventually starting his own shipping company. After running up and down the river for nearly thirty years, I finally convinced him to sell his company to some pretentious half-elves and we retired here to Echo Bend, my birthplace. He's been gone six years now, and I still miss him every minute."


    When Sannah kneels down to address Kiernan, the gnome gives her a hasty bow but holds his hands up in a stopping motion. "I'll be venturing back in, yes, but I can handle myself." He draws a healing potion from his pack and pops the cork, downing it with one big gulp. "I mean no disrespect of course, but I'd rather you save your magics in case they are needed. I'll help finish the job, sure enough, but I've got no healing left in me. We may want to take a peak downstairs and decide if it can wait until morning."

    Hear Jalaera speak, the gnome pipes up again. "Truth be told I'm not that great of a healer. I know the spells, sure, but I'd rather use my spells to help me fight better. If the lady here can knit us back together, I wouldn't mind having her along."

    Before Miss Stormscale has a chance to answer, the Captain responds to Demos. "I want no trace of those creatures left. Make sure they're gone for good and Echo Bend will be in your debt. If the lady can't cover it, the city will."

    Current HP Counts
    Spoiler
    Show

    Demos: 11/11
    Jalaera: 11/11
    Kiernan: 11/11
    Lyrie: 6/11
    Michicko: 8/8
    Toland: 10/12
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Game
    Dwaer Depths II - Pathfinder
    Dwaer Depths Wiki Page

    Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide


  23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    "I'm Lyrie." she answers her question.

    What the hell does this elf thinks she is. There is no reason she needs to justify herself in front of the elf woman.

    "And I can ask you the same. where were you while I helkped the paladin. Why did you act like you seek death? And what are your abilities? For instance, we’ve a marksman and a pincushion, while Michiko knows magic of some sort and the gnome is mobile and can heal wounds.

    So what can you do?”


    Lyrie smiles but her voice was seriouse. There is no reason for her the elf woman isn't the leader nor in any way promoted to be.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gorgon_Heap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Christmas City, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Taken aback by the girl's vehemence, the elf looks uncertain if she should be insulted or amused.

    "You're rather full of yourself for someone who was unconscious five minutes ago." Now she does look amused, peering at the paladin, she says "Is that attitude catching?"

    Not waiting for further argument, she walks back to the house, waving vaguely at Demos as if to say, "You deal with it."
    Avatar: Rain Coralcove, Cleric of Zeboim

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jalaera Winterwind, Arctic Elf Ranger
    Jalaera image
    Jalaera OOTS
    Oren, Cleric of the Silver Flame
    TRON d20 game Sarah Whitfield


    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

    "Why do the caterpillar and the ant have to be enemies? One eats leaves, and the other eats caterpillars. Oh, I see now. "

    - Jack Handy


  25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RaggedAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Demos watches the display with growing irritation, though his face remains calm and composed. Before acknowledging the bickering women, he turns to the Lady Stormscale and the captain of the guard, giving them both a grateful and polite half-bow. "Milady, your offer is generous indeed, and will be more than enough to help me resupply myself, and to help me acquire the materials that I need to properly restore my weapon.

    Captain, allow me to say this before we return to Miss Stormscale's home; I will purge every skeleton in this city if it gets me one day and one night with a competent blacksmith or, failing that, the same amount of time in his workshop, and the materials I need to repair my weapon."
    Demos holds up the pistol, and in the torchlight and quiet it is easier to see what he is demonstrating; though the weapon is long and made of excellent materials, it is clearly worn, and the after-effects of endless wear and tear show on the wood and workings, though the metal of the barrel is conspicuously flawless.

    "This weapon was my fathers, and his fathers, back along a line that stretches further than I can rightfully understand. The only mark that we we make upon this weapon is a single notch in the wood of the stock when it passes owners." He twists it around to show dozens of fine etchings along the bottom of the wooden grip. "I am the forty-third notch, sir; and this is not this barrel's original grip."

    He allows his words a moment to sink in before walking back towards the woman's home. "If you can grant me the location and resources to repair this weapon, sir, you won't just be aiding a good man in need; you'll be aiding in the repair and restoration of an object that predates our society."

    Demos turns his attention to the group of mercenaries, or rather the rabble; they had quickly lost cohesion after the fighting had stopped. Demos was not the leader or the captain that his father had been, but he knew the proper words and actions. "Listen up, all of you. We are all useful and competent people, though in different ways; I know this, because not one of you is lying in there dead, and the only one of you that got close to death is the only one of us who's skill is undeniable."

    He nods to the paladin in a subtle but obvious show of respect. "We're about to go back inside, and we do not know how many skeletons remain, if any. Additionally, there may be more than skeletons in the basement, and that means that our strategy will have to shift accordingly. For now, however, we will proceed in a tight group, side by side and back to back. If for any reason you do not wish to continue, or cannot work together, please do me the favor of standing aside so the rest of us don't get killed due to petty infighting."

    Demos does not raise his voice, nor form any particular expression on his face. He looks at no one in particular, and he speaks as if discussing a trip to the market. Even still, his words are firm, clear, and unyielding.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's do this.

    And, yes, Demos' weapon predates the world's current civilization. The weapon can be sundered, jammed, broken, lost, and altered, to an extent, but the barrel itself is utterly unchangeable, and is made out of an unidentifiable metal. This has no mechanical effect, of course; it's just an excellent bit of fluff that I feel adds a deeper, ancient touch to the character.
    I have several presentations tomorrow/today and a case of strep throat. Expect delays, and wish me luck.

    LGBTitP

    Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mshady's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Toland

    The young Paladin listens to everything going on around him, how one of the ladies were upbraided a bit about her prowess and some friendly banter. For the moment, he is content to listen to things as he keeps his own council.
    What does not make sense about all this?

    Toland keeps asking himself this question, for he knows more than a thing or two about the undead. One of the things his particular Chapter was charged with here in the city was dealing with was any of the restless dead, at least in their own crypts. It was astonishing how POLITICAL things could get if you even offered the presumption of looking after some of the other tombs in the city. The other temples minded their follower’s dead. The noble families that minded their own could afford the best kinds of protection from the temples, but looked after their own family. It was only the commoners no one much minded, particularly the paupers who were not members of a faith and just died in the streets. They were burned, and posed little threat to anyone.
    You cannot have a skeleton without bones, yes?

    So where did THESE skeletons come from? No doubt going down below would answer some of the questions, but only answers now would help them. It must have been some kind of family tomb, perhaps old and forgotten. Certainly, skeletons could well be timeless in their animation but the number of them? There must have been twenty! No tomb important enough to rate that many guardians would be forgotten, would it?

    That left him with an answer he did not like at all.

    Toland waits and listens to Demos’ speech, and wonders to himself how it is that he was not the leader of this group. Had he not rallied them to some order to begin with, lead the incursion, slain many of the undead? At first, he found Demos’ presumption a bit… irritating.

    Or I could view him as a partner. It’s not like I enjoy doing it all myself, I just think that I should because someone needs to lead the flock. We have similar goals. He is the only one, other than me, who seemed reliable at putting these things down. Obviously I cannot do it all myself, as I did end up on the ground and on my way to bleeding to death. I think my pride can ride on the back of the horse for now…

    That pistol he carried too. He had heard of those. They were rare, and old symbols of authority as well. The man was right, what he carried did pre-date this civilization. His temple knew something about those things too. That was about all he knew about the matter, but it was true nonetheless. For now, that was between Demos and the guard captain. He knew his Temple had its own smithy. It was where his armor and sword was made, after all. Well, he would mention that part later…

    Back to the conversation!

    Demos nodded to the paladin in a subtle but obvious show of respect. "We're about to go back inside, and we do not know how many skeletons remain, if any. Additionally, there may be more than skeletons in the basement, and that means that our strategy will have to shift accordingly. For now, however, we will proceed in a tight group, side by side and back to back. If for any reason you do not wish to continue, or cannot work together, please do me the favor of standing aside so the rest of us don't get killed due to petty infighting."

    Demos does not raise his voice, nor form any particular expression on his face. He looks at no one in particular, and he speaks as if discussing a trip to the market. Even still, his words are firm, clear, and unyielding.

    Toland nods to Demos, returning the respect. The Paladin did find that he liked the young gunslinger, certainly. It was helping.

    “I think before we go down there, we should see about acquiring some torches and some sort of blunt weapons so everyone can do them harm. Surely we can rest a moment, but perhaps that passage should be barred by that table. If anyone has a sling and some stones, those could be useful in the tunnels. I have one, myself. If someone else has a shield or could use one, we could hold the line and let Demos and a slinger do some damage from behind us.

    Demos, a word too if you will?”
    Toland says respectfully, with a smile on lips.

    When/if Demos approaches, Toland speaks in a hushed tone.

    “Your gun came from a time that pre-dates our own, you say. Well, suppose that those skeletons did as well? I submit that any tomb not in the hallowed ground of a temple could only be a family plot and any family tomb that rated such guardians would be significant enough, visible enough, that it would be known of. We saw twenty restless soldiers and the possibility of more below? It is no tomb that was stumbled upon or disturbed by a workmen’s shovel or shift of the land, but a dungeon of some sort. Something of antiquity we may know little of. It is either that, or some necromancers lair, perhaps now untended who turned out the dead. Even so, it would still not be a tomb of our period. Perhaps we should have a closer look at the skeletons and determine of what race they belong.

    Also, I am not one to shirk from any danger, but we may do well to approach our journey below as a form of scouting and be willing to fall back in order if need be. There is as much a measure of martyr as there is a predisposition to prudence in my blood, what of it I have left”
    he says with a smile.

    He than lowers his voice a touch more.

    "I am not a believer in coincidence, at least in things of import. There is usually some design to them, divine or mundane, but seldom is a coincidence a coincidence. Why would 20 skeletal warriors come all the way up into this particular basement. What prompted them from their timeless guardianship? It was not the promise of a particularly fine wine cellar, I am sure. There may be more to Mrs. Stormscales than we know. Something does not seem... right about this to me"
    "Clerics: Just because they heal you, it doesn't mean they like you."

    Heretic's Bane - DM

    IC Forum: Heretic's Bane - Icewind Dale (and beyond)

    OOC Forum: Heretic's Bane - Group Chat

    Heretic's Bane Wiki - http://hereticsbane.wikispaces.com/

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    ((Hey Lyrie felt as well and just to save Toland, also did Toland take his weapon back he never said anything about it.))

    Sticky elf woman. Lyrie thinks when the elf heads away.

    And then she realizes what the old woman said. 250 Gold for each of them makes 1750 Gold in sum. Oh my god how rich must this woman be to spend such an amount of money. Lyrie seems a bit excited, but clams down fast. Wait the woman spends so much gold for this? There's a fly in the ointment! Noone would spend so much, or more she never met anyone doing so. It's even hard to find a job where oyu get more than a few chopper coins a day. So there must be something dangerouse still in there. It's best to do as the paladin said. A mace would be best in case other skeletons appear.

    Lyrie heads over to the Captain. With a playful smile. Hopefully she can attract him to get a few things.

    "Eh, Captain. You heared what Toland says and I have to say he is right. some of us don't have access to such kind of weapons and I wonder if you could help us out? Just a light mace would do the job. And I think you would like it if we return instead of the things down there?"


    She tries to be as playfully as possible to distract them amn and hopefully the others are more concentrated in Tolands speech.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Diplomacy check. (1d20+7)[26] (-1 if he couldn't be attrcted to her)
    I know not as good as the Paladin.

    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Calenestel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    57°39’55.5"N, 12°06’14" E
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    The hunch of the masked woman's shoulders makes it clear that she's hesitating when Kiernan more or less invites her to follow them into the house to evict the last skeletons. And her hesitation is only prolonged by the bickering between two of the women in the group. But finally she relaxes a bit and nods. "All right, this undead menace surely needs to be cleaned out. If you're going back in, then I'll join you. The Gods have given me a trick or two to use against the undead as well as to help and heal the living."
    Calmly Sannah turns to face a boy in the thinning crowd with worn clothes but less grime in his face than the usual street urchins. A silent hand gesture and the boy disappears into an alley to return with a heavy backpack with a crossbow strapped to it and a wooden staff. After a mumbled thanks and a coin the boy quickly disappears and the masked healer unstraps the crossbow and shoulders the backpack with a grunt. "As for torches, I have something better."
    After mumbling a few, short words and making just a couple of gestures she moves her hand over the tip of her staff and it lights up, shedding about as much light as a torch, but white and unwavering. "Now then. Ready to investigate what started this whole mess when you are." With a special nod of deference to the men, not out of any submission based on gender but due to them not bickering or staying quiet to the sides but instead taking the lead, Susannah picks up her crossbow by its leather strap and slungs it over her shoulder.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" - Terry Pratchett

    Big thanks to Savannah for the AWESOME Papa Wolf avatar!


  29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground
     
    King Tius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    The Captain's face flushes as Lyrie speaks to him. He seems particularly uncomfortable as he turns to one of his men. "Fetch maces and slings from the armory." The guard gives a quick salute and jogs off, returning ten minutes later with 3 light maces, 3 heavy maces, 4 slings, and 50 sling bullets.

    OOC: Loving the RPing. Let me know when you are all ready to roll and we'll dive back in to the house.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Game
    Dwaer Depths II - Pathfinder
    Dwaer Depths Wiki Page

    Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide


  30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Goldfly's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dwaer Depths [IC]

    Michiko frowns as Lyrie and Jaelara bicker. "Look, there's no need to fight right now. Right now, there's more important things going on- namely, that the undead have risen." She winks at the two women, before continuing. "I won't get in your way once our job is done."
    The sorceress then turns to Demos and listens to his speech, before standing straight in a military fashion, grinning widely, and saluting him."Yes sir! I'll be coming with you! Strength in numbers, and all that."
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •