New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fae WW II: Fae-ailed Plans

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Turning adds the turned person to the Turned. Enslaving converts them to the team of the person who collared them until the collar is removed.
    Is there a reason why the Familiar has the ability to turn? And wouldn't it be a problem if a Werekin were to be enslaved/turned since they're in contact with each other from the beginning of play and so they'd be all dead/turned soon and the game would be mostly over?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Is there a reason why the Familiar has the ability to turn? And wouldn't it be a problem if a Werekin were to be enslaved/turned since they're in contact with each other from the beginning of play and so they'd be all dead/turned soon and the game would be mostly over?
    Two of them, actually - First, the Turned don't begin with any players on them, so something has to turn people, and it makes more sense that the Werekin might want to gain temporary allies than that the Usurpers would risk turning townspeople. Second, in the fluff, the Familiar is the cause of the current werewolf problem, and the only one of the original Werekin with the ability to create others; normally, she keeps them away from society and slowly integrates them into the pack, but now she's in rather a hurry, as the Usurpers are going after her, so she doesn't have time to do that, leading to them forming their own pack.

As for the problem with Werekin being turned/enslaved, being enslaved is non-voluntarily working with whoever collared you, so from a fluff point of view it makes sense not to tell them everything, while from a meta perspective, it's quite possibly temporary, so selling out the team you go back to too badly is something of a risk. Being turned is a bit more of a problem, but that sort of thing is going to be a risk in any game with recruitment, even if it doesn't start with a network, unless there are no seers to make one.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'll just say that I'm skeptical about the result of the enslavement ability.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Two of them, actually - First, the Turned don't begin with any players on them, so something has to turn people, and it makes more sense that the Werekin might want to gain temporary allies than that the Usurpers would risk turning townspeople. Second, in the fluff, the Familiar is the cause of the current werewolf problem, and the only one of the original Werekin with the ability to create others; normally, she keeps them away from society and slowly integrates them into the pack, but now she's in rather a hurry, as the Usurpers are going after her, so she doesn't have time to do that, leading to them forming their own pack.

As for the problem with Werekin being turned/enslaved, being enslaved is non-voluntarily working with whoever collared you, so from a fluff point of view it makes sense not to tell them everything, while from a meta perspective, it's quite possibly temporary, so selling out the team you go back to too badly is something of a risk. Being turned is a bit more of a problem, but that sort of thing is going to be a risk in any game with recruitment, even if it doesn't start with a network, unless there are no seers to make one.
    I'm... a little bit confused about Turning and Enslavement. Let's say I start as a were-kin. I am happily going for a were-kin victory when I'm Turned by the Virulent. So, now I'm working for the Turned, but for some reason, I'm not going to tell them about everyone who is a were-kin because the Familiar *might* turn me back into a were-kin (of course, if I can tell them who the Familiar is...). Well... on the same night, I'm collared by The Forger, but for some reason I don't tell them about the Were-kin or the Turned because The Thief might remove my collar (unless I can tell them who The Thief is because he is the same guy as The Deft).

Meanwhile, if Team Were-kin knew I'd been Turned, they would probably have me killed or turned back as soon as possible (heh, not soon enough, ) and if the Turned knew I'd been enslaved, they would do the same to me... except that the were-kin want allies against the Usurpers? and the Turned are all cool with that - so, instead, I live until I'm no longer useful and then I die.

Meanwhile, now that I'm enslaved, what does that mean? I still use my powers however I want? Does my win condition change? Whose win condition do I use? Let's say I am The Deft Turned Thief and collared - may I remove my own collar? and what do you mean the Usurpers would worry about turning townspeople? I thought they could only enslave them.... which is fine, right? I mean it's not like their win condition has changed or anything, right?
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rules Lawyer #1 View Post
    I'm... a little bit confused about Turning and Enslavement. Let's say I start as a were-kin. I am happily going for a were-kin victory when I'm Turned by the Virulent. So, now I'm working for the Turned, but for some reason, I'm not going to tell them about everyone who is a were-kin because the Familiar *might* turn me back into a were-kin (of course, if I can tell them who the Familiar is...).
    Actually, if I understood correctly, the Familiar can't turn others into Werekin, the turning mechanic turn players only into Turned. Anyway, I think the Werekin/Turned interaction won't go as C'Nor expected, but since I don't think it'd hurt the Werekin players, I'm ok with that. But I think it'll be a short game.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rules Lawyer #1 View Post
    I'm... a little bit confused about Turning and Enslavement. Let's say I start as a were-kin. I am happily going for a were-kin victory when I'm Turned by the Virulent. So, now I'm working for the Turned, but for some reason, I'm not going to tell them about everyone who is a were-kin because the Familiar *might* turn me back into a were-kin (of course, if I can tell them who the Familiar is...). Well... on the same night, I'm collared by The Forger, but for some reason I don't tell them about the Were-kin or the Turned because The Thief might remove my collar (unless I can tell them who The Thief is because he is the same guy as The Deft).

Meanwhile, if Team Were-kin knew I'd been Turned, they would probably have me killed or turned back as soon as possible (heh, not soon enough, ) and if the Turned knew I'd been enslaved, they would do the same to me... except that the were-kin want allies against the Usurpers? and the Turned are all cool with that - so, instead, I live until I'm no longer useful and then I die.

Meanwhile, now that I'm enslaved, what does that mean? I still use my powers however I want? Does my win condition change? Whose win condition do I use? Let's say I am The Deft Turned Thief and collared - may I remove my own collar? and what do you mean the Usurpers would worry about turning townspeople? I thought they could only enslave them.... which is fine, right? I mean it's not like their win condition has changed or anything, right?
    Actually, turning is irreversible, barring shenanigans with Duilliath and ghosts. So the bit about possibly being turned back to your old team only applies to enslavement.

The Thief can remove their own collar, yes. If they didn't, which win condition they'd use would depend on which team had collared them.

And I think you got somewhat confused when reading the first paragraph from what you quoted. Gray Mage had asked why the Familiar had the ability to turn people, so what that meant was that someone needed to be able to turn people, and it makes more sense that the Werekin would do so than that the town would, so the Familiar is the one who turns people, rather than a town role.

If that doesn't answer all your questions, it's probably because I'm not entirely sure about all of them, so just let me know what it is that I should have further clarified, and I'll try to do so.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

May i join?
    its been a while.
    Despite everything, its still me.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure, though it's unlikely that it'll actually start at this point, since we still need fifteen or so more people.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Sure, though it's unlikely that it'll actually start at this point, since we still need fifteen or so more people.
    Waiting is a strong side of mine.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

It's been too long. I need to join this. Now. Although by the looks of things, it may not start for a while.
    this signature is dedicated to Lamp, the best wizard gnome there ever was...
    (Epee avi by none other than myself)
    Random String of Numbers: 12 18 99 90
    Check out some of my photography here
    Read about a project I'm involved in dedicated to providing safe drinking water here
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

It does seem that way, unfortunately. Maybe I need to advertise it more or something...
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-11 at 05:24 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Awwww... well the threads do seem slow recently.
    Also, still needing 15 players is not easy.
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

No, it isn't. But considering that there are almost as many wolves as Classic, and they're considerably more powerful (albeit, somewhat balanced by a much higher powered Town), it seems like it'll need at least thirty or so players to make it balanced, so...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

It has slowed up a lot recently. Meta is the only active game where anything has really happened in the last fortnight. Narrators with no power or having real life come up tends to slow things down.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

I'll join. But since you are going for minimum 30, it's not likely to start. Anyway you can decrease the minimum to just 20?

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=Head]#|Player|Death?|Role
    01|Grimmace, the||
    02|Count DingDong||
    03|Ramsus||
    04|Bushranger, the||
    05|Ur-Quan||
    06|TBFProgrammer||
    07|UsOurselves&We||
    08|Elemental||
    09|Tom the Mime||
    10|TigerFang||
    11|Gnomish Wanderer||
    12|Penguinator||
    13|Rules Lawyer #1||
    14|Phantom, the||
    15|D Lord||
    16|Gray Mage||
    17|Superdark||
    18|52.5 Lemons||
    19|Lex-Kat||
    20|Vesth||
    [/table]
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-09-01 at 07:35 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, sure, why not. Probably enough power roles to balance it anyway, now that I look at it again.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Time to make or break 20!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Yay!!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

room for one more to squeeze in at the last minute?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Certainly. It's traditional, in fact; last time, someone joined as I was in the process of sending out the role PMs.

Also, due to the delays, if everyone who's still in could post that, please?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Still in. Need 10 chars...

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Certainly. It's traditional, in fact; last time, someone joined as I was in the process of sending out the role PMs.

Also, due to the delays, if everyone who's still in could post that, please?
    Im am still in.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Sure, still in.
    The BareFoot Programmer

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still in.....vading the host body.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Still in this.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Who? What? Where?
    yep still here.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

I think I'm still in.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

If you are desirous of maintaining your position, you may remain within the game, yes; the request was intended primarily for those who joined towards the start. ()
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-09-21 at 08:09 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Nod, nod, nod.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Still in this.
    TigerPony avatar by Akrim.elf