New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Kingdom of Arim I (IC)

Denes counts out 215 Crowns and hands them to Alexis, then sweeps the gems into a pouch. "T'was a delight to do business with you folks. Come by my shop anytime, if you've something unusual to deal in." With a short bow, he departs, taking the shield with him.

Captain Kavaren, upon being offered the sword, goes quiet for a moment, before reaching out to take the sword, face tight with emotion. "My friends... this is most generous of you. Truly, I can hardly voice how thankful I am. This will indeed be enough to regrow my arm. Thank you."

One of the smaller bells sounds the quarter hour, and the Captain grimaces. "I'm afraid I must leave you now. Mother Ilona expects me back in the infirmary. Hopefully, I can buy you all a drink in a fortnight, when I'm recovered. Until then." He rises, face still showing his emotions, and bows low to you all before leaving the room with the sword and gold. His steps are lighter than before buoyed by hope.
    Spoiler
    Show
    God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everyone), to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

- "Good Omens"

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Pleased that everything seems to have went as planned, Uriell walks towards Alexis to settle up on his share.

Turning towards Anthony, "Thank you for the invitation but there are several errands I must take care of first, but perhaps I will meet you there later," and although he had no intention of going to any bar, as drinking and womanizing wasn't his idea of a good time, he figured it be best to be courteous to his companions.

"Thank you all, it was a pleasure, and hopefully we will meet again," he says to everyone, and then quickly walks out the door.

With Hu immediately at his side he heads to his city home.

As he arrives at his home, he is immediately greeted by his mother, who's relief is noticeably visible. Smiling, Uriell kisses his mother on his cheek and walks through the door.

"I have something for you two," as he notices his father walk in from the common room. He then gives his dad the purse with his share of the gold coin. Despite his father's refusal, saying how they are just fine and its not necessary, the concerned look in Uriell's eyes are enough to have his father back down and say thanks.

Before any awkward silence could approach, Uriell speaks up, "So what are you cooking that smells so good?" Approaching the kitchen, he notices that Hu has already found the lamb stew, just out of his reach, but close enough for his drool to have puddled on the floor while he sat there, eyes fixed on the pot.

"Easy there boy, that mess you just made is liable to cause a nice trip and fall for Ma if she's not careful." Reaching onto the cutting board, he grabbed a small scrap of raw meat and tossed it to the anxious pup.

"Now now now, no eating 'til its ready"
    , his mother says as she bustles towards the stove, nearly slipping on the Hu's mess. With a quick smile, turned to frown, as his mother's stare penetrated his soul, Uriell nudges Hu and walks back into the common room. "Let's go rest a bit before dinner."

Besides, I still have to visit a trader or two and a historian, but that can wait until morning.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click 'em all!

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout

3. - Top - End - #453
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

Share settling still has some questions. Such as do we let players get the items they want for free, or do they subtract from their wealth? And Identification costs...

"It was the least we could do for you, Captain. Thank you for the adventure"

As the party comes around her, Alexis distributes their shares from the gold they managed to acquire.
    "I should be able to sell the rest, at fairly good prices, and then bring the gold here, to be split, in say... a week's time?"

As Anthony and Tulkar go to leave, Alexis simply follows them.

Spoiler
    Show

Alexis will spend some time studying the research on the burning hands spell, perhaps learning something in the process.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #454

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

Posting, so that others can know how much money they have

After she recovers from the effects of the bar trip, Alexis travels around town, visiting merchants, charming them, and selling the loot for good prices. The first place she visits is a small book store, where she gets a few props, helping her seem more legitimate, and more reasonable(masterwork tool of bluff and diplomacy)
    After that, she simply travels from shop to shop, selling what she can, for as much as she can.(going for 90% value)

She also pays for the identification of the silver ring, from the loot money.

Spoiler
    Show

Items selling
    Mysterious drink(200 gold, for a really really old alcohol.)
    5 throwing axes, heavy shield
    Fine scimitar(300)
    oil of magic weapon
    potion of bless
    After identifying the potions/oils, selling them
    the research for burning hands
    the bracelets of gold(full value)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2013-02-27 at 12:14 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Darius takes his share of the reward with a small smile. He lingered within the cathedral for a while, heading over to a pew to kneel. He spends a few minutes praying to Krin, asking for forgiveness for the lives he had taken, beseeching him for his blessings on those he had traveled with along with the Captain, and humbly asking that he might be granted a few days of peace before he was next called upon to defend the weak.

Once he had finished praying, Darius rose and, with a quick farewell to the ministers, returned to his home. He spent the next hour or so carefully removing, and then cleaning and repairing, his equipment.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokιmon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

In the few days since you ventured out to the Ashe Wood and returned, things have changed.

The biggest change is new tales you hear around you. The greengrocer at the market, telling the farmer about adventurers and kobolds in the Ashe Wood. A table of rowdy patrons in a tavern, telling each other fictional tales of the fight with Gyrax. You even heard some longshoremen down by the docks talking about how a cleric at one of the smaller churches of Krin led a service to thank the adventurers who helped out Captain Kavaren.

These tales strike a cord. Pride in your accomplishments is reason enough for some of you. For others, a desire for greater fame; the tales told now don't even mention you by name, and no one has yet to recognize you, but that could change.

The other change is you find yourself listening more closely to the talk and complaints of those around you. With an Adventurer's Charter in your pocket, they're no longer just idle gossip, they're opportunities. Opportunities for more fame, more wealth, more chances to help those in need.

It's been a week since you've returned from the Ashe Wood Manor. The loot you brought back should be sold by now, so you all journey to meet Alexis in a tavern close to the cathedral for your share. You bring with you the rumors you've heard; maybe the five of you can go out and do something about them too.

Rumors
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 – Bandits on the Road. Rumor has it that brigands are robbing people out near Crystal River. The Kerist Guard is planning on sending a patrol to deal with them, but wont be able to for at least a month. Toran Ironson, a guardsman stationed in the Iron-Heart Market, could tell you more.

2 – Fishing for Trouble. Apparently, the fishermen from Shorwell are worried. A couple of boats have gone missing, along with their crews, but the Guard doesn't think there's anything more involved then bad weather. If you want to know more, you should talk to Alton Brewmaster, the bartender at the Sandy Rest.

3 - Crime in Kerist. Some small time criminals are dropping hints that the Guard's looking for some quiet types to do some work for them. It must be important, or they wouldn't be trying to hire criminals for it. Smidge, a small time fence who does business in Grey Lizard Square, is the person you want to talk to about it.

4 – The Silent Monastery. The God's Watch Monastery has stopped reporting in. In fact, the Church hasn't heard a word from them in nearly two weeks. Sister Inella, a priestess of Krin, seems to know more about it.

5 – A Monster in the Hills. A forester just returned, looking for an audience with the Duke. He claims he spotted the tracks of an unusual monster up near the Kormaks, and wants the Duke to lend him some swords to go hunt it down. You can talk to him in the Walkabout if you want. His names Arn Ashbow.

6 – Trouble in the Mines. The merchants have been complaining for months about trade being down. Recently they've added a new complaint, something about the mines in Easton having troubles. Geor Kasinson is the most vocal of the iron merchants; maybe he can tell you more.

7 – Man on the Run. The Guard's smarting over the fact that a prisoner managed to escape from the Keep. They're itching to get him back, but no luck so far; no one knows where he's gone. Dal Crowsnest, a sailor on the Nordhal Racer, said he knows something about it, but hasn't said what.

8 – An Absent Bride. The story of how the Baron of Stallman's bride-to-be ran off with the priest who was supposed to perform the wedding is all over town. Story goes, a local barrister is trying to get the wedding ring back for the Baron. Kintara Sendasdaughter would be the one to talk to about it.

9 – The Dragon of the Ashe Wood. A man came into the city recently, as a delegate for a bunch of farmers from up near the Ashe Wood. They say a dragons been coming out of the woods and eating their livestock. The Duke doesn't believe it of course; there hasn't been a confirmed dragon sighting in the kingdom for nearly a century! Still, just in case, he's offering a bounty on it's head. Aliz Ildisdaughter, a clerk at the palace, is handling the bounty if you want to know more.
    Last edited by Keylac; 2013-03-07 at 11:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everyone), to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

- "Good Omens"

7. - Top - End - #457
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

It wasn't long before Uriell was back to spending most of his time in the woods. In fact, the relief of helping his parents cleared his mind so thoroughly that he was more relaxed now than he can ever recall.

Using the days to practice his druidic arts and wilderness survival was a welcomed pleasure after the previous mission. When he wasn't actively training, he'd find a cool bed of grass near the river and lay there for hours, watching the sky. The only interruption would be Hu, jumping into the river after a fish, or trying to chase down a squirrel, who proved to be the superior climber.

Occasionally he would see boats going up the Arim, or travelers going to and from Kerist, and while they paid him no attention, he was able to hear their dealings from time to time. When their talk seemed interesting, and oddly related to his previous quest, he followed them for a while, enjoying the tales. However, some travelers would report of other mysteries, not related at all to the Manor. He distinctively recalled hearing sailors complain about missing ships and other wilderness travels speaking of a frightening monster in the hills.

Why would this intrigue him, he wondered. Never before did he care of much more than himself, his family and the forest. Perhaps the latest adventure changed him, perhaps deep inside he sees a means to permanently helping his parents, or perhaps...just maybe...he actually enjoyed the adventure.

Spoiler
    Show

Uriell will head back into town at this point and see if he can find more information to lead him to Arn Ashbow at the Walkabout and Alton Brewmaster at the Sandy Rest.

Gather info (1d20+2)[16]
    Diplomacy (1d20+6)[25]
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click 'em all!

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Darius' week passed fairly uneventfully. His weapons and armour sat unused within his house, instead he took the time to help the farmers once again with their crops. However, his latest adventures had lit a fire in him. He couldn't stop thinking of the thrill he had felt at exploring in the Kobold's lair, along with the test of martial skill against their warriors. It was the same thrill that he had once felt on the battlefield.

As the days passed, he heard many rumours around town. Some he paid little heed to, but two in particular caught his attention. The tales of bandits at the Crystal River and the monastery that had fallen silent captured his imagination. He started considering how he could persuade the others he had traveled with to aid him with either of the two ventures. Both were certainly worthy of his attention, banditry was always a problem that needed immediate attention and, as a devotee of Krin, he felt obliged to check in with the Monastery to ensure they were safe.

With Alexis' date for reconvening rapidly approaching, Darius resolved to investigate these two rumours further.

Spoiler
    Show

Speaking to both Toran and Inella to learn more about their respective missions

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokιmon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

9. - Top - End - #459
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tulkar shrugs, "I suppose it couldn't do any harm, but if you are looking to recruit me you won't find any luck in that regard." He proceeds to leave with Anthony and Alexis.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Firbolg in the Playground

Anthony scowls in annoyance "Boy do I look like a bloody recruiter to you? Look at me I am scarred, maimed and a little off in the head, why would any sane lord send someone like myself out to recruit young impressionable men who only think of glory when the word war is mentioned. No I am only offering because I feel you may have talent, something proper combat training will enhance. You can decide for yourself what you want to do with it." The large man begins walking off towards his Lord's estate on the outskirts of the city and vouches for whoever decides to follow. Anthony will leave them briefly at the front entry so he can report in then will take Tulkar on a tour, leaving the elf to do as she pleases. "This is where the fodder is trained, not pretty and not fair but it is the reality, they're given enough training to be effective meat shields to the knights but that's all. Most die immediately at the beginning, if they take someone with them great, if they live a through a couple of battles then some will be trained further. Most are slaves or endentured servants, it's a brutal life but that's how this broken society is run. Over here we have the basic knight training, most of these dandies are sons of nobles but a trained eye can spot the scrappers, the ones who earned their place. That there is ol Black Eyed Sam, toughest son of a b1tch I ever came across, lost his eye in some border skirmish years ago. Does a damn good job breaking the noble whelps, fun to watch too the man should be a performer. Though I wouldn't want to get in a bout with him, he may be past his prime but Blackeye will knock you out with little effort, something I learned the hard way years ago." He turns from Tulkar and shouts" Oy Sammy, you must be getting soft, half of these worms aren't crying or puking." Anthony returns his attention to the young half orc again "If you want to train with us you will be doing it under him, every now and again I will show you a thing or two but my attention is usually on the already trained fighters, keeping them sharp. Well that be the tour, I rekkon it be time for that drink I owe you, come on I will take you to a local bar that isn't frequented by soldiers but I warn you don't pick a fight; butchers and carpenters may not be trained but they still hit damn hard."

Leading the Merry Band to the Busty Barmaid, Anthony opens the door and gives the bartender a wink and holds up a two fingers: one indicating Tulkar and the other the elf. The signal basically says 'Give em your strongest for as long as they can stand' wordlessly Anthony puts a few gold coins down then takes out a few seperate and whispers "This is for the boy, get him a pretty one maybe Jessie she's good with new bloods. Bring me my usual too and if you can, please tell that damn fool you call a bard to play something upbeat. If anything that damn elf I have behind me will try to sulk or worse nag everyone." When he has concluded his business Anthony sits down at a table in the center of the main room and extends his hand out to the others to join them. Soon a comely redhead brins two large steins filled with some unknown liqour, sets one down in front of Tulkar and the other in front of Alexis and pulls up a chair next to Tulkar while she expertly drapes herself over the young man. The bar tender himself brings a jug to Anthony with a single mug. Anthony waves the bartender away and fills his mug which he promptly holds it up "To a job done and our asse$ intact!" he downs the first mug, indicating the others should follow suit. He refills the mug but only sips from it, watching the other two. Once he sees them get tipsy he will leave them to their own devices and go to a room upstairs, with a couple of women of his own...

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright Arch and Avacoda fill in as you see fit, don't disappoint me you here Anthony will find more info about the runaway bride since he will be ordered to do it... and because hey the lady sounds a little free spirited. Also will be forced to look into the bandits.
    Blarg...

11. - Top - End - #461

GreenSorcererElf

Alexis subtly follows Anthony into the building, seeming as though he was escorting her, but avoiding his sight. She scopes the place out.

As they approach the bar, Alexis sighs at Anthony's choice, but follows him inside. As the "lady" drapes herself over Tulkar, she glances at Anthony, but keeps silent, wanting to see Tulkar's reaction. At Anthony's Toast, she raises her mug, and takes a deep swallow. Predictably enough, unprepared for the strength of the alcohol, Alexis is rapidly approaching the state of Drunk, and looks quite sad, and lonely, remembering all the things that she has lost over her lifetime.

(At this point, her control over her actions is minimal. Ask, or act, and she will respond. Sorry about the simplicity, but time was limited)
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #462

GreenSorcererElf

After some time, Alexis wakes up, somewhere, immediatly regretting doing so, due to the feeling of almost nausea, and a blinding headache. After several minutes, she manages to figure out two things: She was somewhere with hay, and there were several... disturbing things that were almost, but not quite remembered. Still, she had things to do, so she hunts down her clothing, and slowly starts heading around town, simply ensuring that the merchants were still there, and coming up with a plan to ensure the sale of the party's goods at the highest possible price.

After a day or two spent recovering, Alexis manages to make her trip, traveling to many of the merchants, using a combination of sweet talk, deceit, and magic to do her best to sell the items for a high price.

After some successes, and some failures, she simply wanders the city, hearing what she can, and helping those she can help.

After a rather short week, considering all that she had to do, Alexis traveled to the tavern, expecting to meet the others there, and to share the results of her labors. Once there, she chooses a corner table, and waits for the others to find her.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

13. - Top - End - #463

Initially, Tulkar seems awkward and uninterested. He is probably not understanding the girl more than he is not interested in her body. "What are you doing? Why are you doing this?" he asks awkwardly. As the night presses on and the alcohol is in his system, he feels less inhibited. He is now hugging her in a way, which looks about as awkward as before. Next, those watching could see the girl blatantly lean in, grab his crotch, and whisper something in his ear. He must understand whats going on, for he looks at her then looks around. "Alexis?" he asks, making eye contact with Alexis. It sounds as if he is asking for permission as the whore pulls him towards her.

14. - Top - End - #464

GreenSorcererElf

"Your choice. It always is, isn't it?"
    Alexis, at this point, would be more than a bit out of it.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #465
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Each of you wanders in to the tavern at about the correct time, looking for the others. A man in the robes of a Brother of Krin waves at you from a table against one wall, signalling you should join him. Walking through the tavern, you can't escape a slight satisfaction; ten days ago, you wouldn't have been able to afford more than a drink or two here, but now you could party all day long if you wanted. Probably not a good idea, but it's a nice feeling.

As you all join the Brother around the table, he nods to each of you in turn. "My apologies, good-men, good-woman. I'm afraid I've been sent here to meet you with a message. Your companions Darius and Tamni'el will not be joining you; both of them have been called away to take up other duties. Darius has requested that the church assist you in finding a replacement for the charter if you plan to continue adventuring under it. I will inform you if a qualified applicant comes to our attention." He glances out a window, at the position of the sun. "Under other circumstances, I would be fascinated to stay and enjoy your company, but I'm afraid that I must be off; many things to do. Please, enjoy this wine, as a thank you from us at the Cathedral for your assistance to the Captain." With that, he rises, bows to you all, and makes his way out the door, leaving three bottles of fine wine and four goblets on the table.
    Spoiler
    Show

- "Good Omens"

16. - Top - End - #466

GreenSorcererElf

As the others take their seats, Alexis considers the strength of the group, coming to the conclusion that between Anthony and Tulkar, they have a decent front line, and between herself and Uriell, they had magic covered. Thus, while an additional adventurer would be handy, one would not be required to survive.

As the brother finishes talking, Alexis, with a reasonably polite tone asks
    "I am sorry to hear about Darius and Tamni'el. May they have luck in their continued journeys."

After he leaves, Alexis looks at the goblets with a slightly green face, remembering, well, not remembering, as the case may be, what happened last time she drank in a tavern.
    Declining to pour the wine, Alexis simply looks to the others, and passes them a bag each
    "Here, your share of the profits from the sale of goods acquired. The ring enhances your skill at jumping, which is decently useless, so perhaps we should sell it as well. In any event, have you made any further plans? I have heard several rumors that might be worthwhile investigating."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #467
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Walking into the tavern, Uriell had a slight smirk on his face. Thinking of how such a powerful wolfhound could always make the wimpiest sounds when you told him to stay outside.

Taking a seat at the table, he listened to the brother and actually felt a slight sad feeling come over him, when he heard some companions would not be rejoining them.

I guess I had become a bit fond of them, for amusement sake of course.

When the brother got up and left, Uriell casually pushed his goblet away, as he never had come to appreciate the taste of wine.

Speaking up in response to Alexis' question, "I too have heard a few rumors myself. One dealing with some dreadful monster in the hills, and the other reporting of sailors and their terrors at sea."

Pausing for a moment, as if recalling some information, he then continues, "I don't ever recall actually being on a boat, but while I'd prefer something that keeps my feet on solid ground, I do not oppose another....adventure of sorts."

"What rumors might you have come across?"
    he says openly to everyone.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click 'em all!

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout

18. - Top - End - #468

Tulkar has a somber look in his eyes when he begins to engage the girl. His hands move slowly and awkwardly over her body reflecting his inner caution of the situation, as hers glide smoothly and and seductively over him. Soon, Tulkar, well intoxicated, pays the bartender/in keep for a room. He retreats with the girl, his face looking somehow frazzled and freaked out, while his body looking eager. Who could tell what would go on behind closed doors?

19. - Top - End - #469

Tulkar's head throbbed when he awoke in the morning. At first he didn't know where he was exactly, and the last night was quite vague to him. He stood up, then he saw the girl. She was wearing next to nothing, as was he. Tulkar felt sick to his stomach. An odd urge came over him to touch the girl, to do things to her, but he stubbornly resisted it. Not like this, he thought, it shouldn't have been like this, and I shant let it happen again. Frantically, he pulled off bed sheets and rifled through cloths for any signs of what might have happened, or how far he actually got with her. By Delan, what did we do? She stirred, beginning to wake, and Tulkar panicked. Flustered, he threw on his cloths and departed the room. He couldn't have said why he left.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    Later, Tulkar found himself a room of his own, at the inn if none other were applicable. He spent the first day by himself. He was reflective then, and hung over besides. The more time he spent on it, the more the situation from last night made him angry. He spent a large amount of his time in the last week training. This happened largely by himself in an ally. He purchased a target, flour sacks, and pig carcasses whenever they were cheap and used them to train. Whenever one of his brawny companions was around, he would invite them to train with him, and discuss philosophy while doing so.

20. - Top - End - #470

Anthony was disinterested at the offer of wine, he was in the middle of breaking new recruits and the last thing those poor souls needed was a drill sergeant drunk and raging. It was a pity the templar didn't show, an extra shield in the fray was always a good thing but he did understand duty. "Sure sell it, I have no need for jumping, I am no grasshopper. Have you seen Tulkar, the boy didn't come around the training yard last week. He could have really benifited from solid instruction but I digress... I see you're shying away from the wine old Gustav must have shown you a good time indeed."
    Blarg...

21. - Top - End - #471
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hearing the large man speak, gave Uriell a questioning look for a brief second, until he looked towards Alexis and realized she must have had an interesting experience with some liquor.

Smiling to himself, he leaned back a little in his chair, patiently awaiting the remainder of the party or any other rumors of sorts that his companions might have heard.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click 'em all!

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout

22. - Top - End - #472

GreenSorcererElf

Looking at the others listening attentively, Alexis starts explaining what she has heard in her wanderings
    "There seems to be quite a lot of rumors about possible jobs going around. There are rumors of bandits on the road, with the guard intending to deal with it later, so most likely not a rumor. I know a fellow we can speak to for more information. Some fisherfolk have gone missing in Shorwell, although I imagine that a barkeep can tell us more. The guard is looking for some cautious types for some job. I think that Smidge can tell us more about that one. There is a monastery that has stopped all communication. It was of Krin, I think, so their temple might be a decent starting point. Some forester claims that he saw some tracks, and wants to kill the source. There are some troubles in the mines in Easton, so I suppose an ironmonger might know more. There was a prisoner escape, which could be interesting. Now, this one is amusing: Apparently some nobleman's wife to be decided to run off with someone else. Even more amusingly, it was the priest. I think there is a barrister trying to get the ring back, but I figure she deserves it. And, finally, I think the kobolds might be running amok, since there are rumors of dragons in Ashe Wood. Now, that is all I have heard, but you might have heard something different. If not, well, I think we might need to think about this a bit."

In the interest of not missing anything
    Spoiler
    Show

1 – Bandits on the Road. Rumor has it that brigands are robbing people out near Crystal River. The Kerist Guard is planning on sending a patrol to deal with them, but wont be able to for at least a month. Toran Ironson, a guardsman stationed in the Iron-Heart Market, could tell you more.

2 – Fishing for Trouble. Apparently, the fishermen from Shorwell are worried. A couple of boats have gone missing, along with their crews, but the Guard doesn't think there's anything more involved then bad weather. If you want to know more, you should talk to Alton Brewmaster, the bartender at the Sandy Rest.

3 - Crime in Kerist. Some small time criminals are dropping hints that the Guard's looking for some quiet types to do some work for them. It must be important, or they wouldn't be trying to hire criminals for it. Smidge, a small time fence who does business in Grey Lizard Square, is the person you want to talk to about it.

4 – The Silent Monastery. The God's Watch Monastery has stopped reporting in. In fact, the Church hasn't heard a word from them in nearly two weeks. Sister Inella, a priestess of Krin, seems to know more about it.

5 – A Monster in the Hills. A forester just returned, looking for an audience with the Duke. He claims he spotted the tracks of an unusual monster up near the Kormaks, and wants the Duke to lend him some swords to go hunt it down. You can talk to him in the Walkabout if you want. His names Arn Ashbow.

6 – Trouble in the Mines. The merchants have been complaining for months about trade being down. Recently they've added a new complaint, something about the mines in Easton having troubles. Geor Kasinson is the most vocal of the iron merchants; maybe he can tell you more.

7 – Man on the Run. The Guard's smarting over the fact that a prisoner managed to escape from the Keep. They're itching to get him back, but no luck so far; no one knows where he's gone. Dal Crowsnest, a sailor on the Nordhal Racer, said he knows something about it, but hasn't said what.

8 – An Absent Bride. The story of how the Baron of Stallman's bride-to-be ran off with the priest who was supposed to perform the wedding is all over town. Story goes, a local barrister is trying to get the wedding ring back for the Baron. Kintara Sendasdaughter would be the one to talk to about it.

9 – The Dragon of the Ashe Wood. A man came into the city recently, as a delegate for a bunch of farmers from up near the Ashe Wood. They say a dragons been coming out of the woods and eating their livestock. The Duke doesn't believe it of course; there hasn't been a confirmed dragon sighting in the kingdom for nearly a century! Still, just in case, he's offering a bounty on it's head. Aliz Ildisdaughter, a clerk at the palace, is handling the bounty if you want to know more.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

23. - Top - End - #473

GreenSorcererElf

"Ok, now, I have been thinking about how best to do these rumors. Now, we should probably spend a day here, seeing what we can pick up. After that, we can regroup, and see what we have learned. I think we will be spending some time traveling, so horses will probably be needed."
    She pauses, and looks to the others
    "You do have funds to buy a decent horse, right?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

24. - Top - End - #474

Anthony raises an eyebrow "Course I do, I am at the employ of a bloody Lord and if I can't find a horse I would be a shame to the house. I was already tasked with looking into bandits anyways, apparently his Lordship is heading that way and wants it cleared."
    Blarg...

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Looking a bit uneasy, Uriell speaks up. "Well, I have never had any need for a horse so unfortunately I don't have a clue how much one costs."

"Or maybe...", he takes a break as he pictures himself riding Hu, and then shakes his head, "no, no that will never work," he trails off whispering.

With his focus back on the group, "I will look into finding a horse. I assume you have a rumor you would like investigated? Or were we planning to assist Anthony on his Lord's request?"
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click 'em all!

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout

26. - Top - End - #476

Tulkar nods sullenly, "I would be willing to purchase a horse for myself if that's how the group wishes to proceed."

27. - Top - End - #477

GreenSorcererElf

"Ok then. Now, I think that if we each investigate one or two of these rumors tonight, and then another one in the morning, we can learn a fair bit fairly quickly. Anthony, can you see if your lord will provide any more information on the bandits, such as preferred targets, places of operation, that sort of thing? And then, in the morning, talk to the iron merchants, see if there are any more details to be had about the troubles in the mines? I can investigate the rumors of crimes in Kerist, as well as the missing bride. Uriell, can you see what you can find out about the monster in the hills, and see if the so called dragon is just the kobolds from that ruin? Tulkar, please see what you can learn about the Silent monastery, and if you can learn anything from the barkeep at the sandy rest about the troubles in Shorwell? If I have the time, I will see if I can't learn about the man on the run as well. Meet back here at noon tomorrow?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

28. - Top - End - #478

Anthony smirks "Sure lass just don't hit the bottle tonight or you may not get done in time, though if it means anything Gustav says that you were courteous enough to puke in the stable instead of the inn." Standing up the big man slowly made his way to the door without turning back. Once outside he headed back towards the training grounds to keep his end of the agreement.
    Blarg...

29. - Top - End - #479

GreenSorcererElf

Alexis chooses to ignore Anthony's statement, curiosity over what happened that night suppressed, for the time being.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

30. - Top - End - #480
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Up around dawn, Uriell spent some time at the river before heading back to the inn to meet up with his companions. Heading back into town got the usual whimpers from Hu as normal, but he quickly stopped as his attention became occupied by the city cats and rats as we walked through the streets.

Arriving back at the inn slightly before noon, the table from the previous day was again unoccupied so he took a seat and waited for the rest to return, curious if their inquiries were as fruitful as his own.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click 'em all!

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout