Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 361
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Timlaff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec
    Gender
    Male

    Default Tornado Valley [4E] - (IC)

    Game in progress....

    OCC Link : Click here



    Tornado Valley...
    An arid continent, where's cultures are difficult, forests are rare and water is scarce... Where most of the rivers are dried up...
    The import from the southern continents is necessary to sustain colonies of Tornado Valley.
    Only few town and village manage to survive.
    But from few years things are stable in the region. Varin, the Capitale city of Tornado Valley, is able to help all other major cities in the region, by sending food, providing defenses against evil forces.
    Because, any kind of creatures roams everywhere in Tornado Valley...



    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Timlaff; 2012-08-01 at 07:28 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Timlaff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    DM
    5 years since your separation...

    May 1st, 1229
    The day before your appointment at Westfalls Inn, you all meet where you used to camp several years ago. Except Liam, he had to take the North road… During the evening you could feel the silence. Nobody was talked to still have something to say at the official meeting on the next day. Of course you have exchanged the courtesies of use, you celebrated your reunion but nothing more…

    Your companion Liam was still missing, so you all wait until tomorrow to tell your stories about the last 5 years.

    May 2nd, 1229
    Very early the next morning you leave for Westfalls, you’re just a few kilometres away, you’ll get there early enough to have breakfast. When you arrive in front of the Inn.. the smell of bacon and fresh bread makes you drool. You enter without waiting… Liam is already there, sitting at a table with a glass of hot beverage, waiting for his lunch to be served!

    The hug, the handshake… Three empty chairs around Liam’s table are waiting for you, so you sit down…

    A big woman comes out the door behind the bar, she is a little hairy in the face and she has the gait of a calf with three legs!
    - "You have something to pay?" She said while throwing a bowl of fresh bread on the table…

    The smell of the bread makes you quickly forget the rudeness of the waitress…

    But her hoarse voice brings you back to the reality pretty quickly…
    - "What do you want to eat?" Said Matilda already in motion even before you finish order your food…

    So with the uncertainty of having a decent breakfast in the next few minutes, you dip into the basket of bread to fill your hunger just before looking at each other, five years have already elapsed…

    - "So, what’s up?" One of you want to said...
    Last edited by Timlaff; 2012-07-31 at 07:12 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Québec, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    LIAM

    Sitting at the table, sipping his cofee is the boy you once new as Liam. But a little boy he is no more. 5 years have been good on this one. His muscles have fully developed and are taught by the hard fisherman's work. He wears some simple clothing, but these are much nicer than the ones he had 5 years past. Life has been good for this one.

    Even though he is obiously happy to see you, you notice that his eyelids are sagging from much stress, and that he his preoccupied by something that has been draining his energy for a while. As if he hadn't slept for a couple of night.

    "Wyndiam, Birel, Titan, you all have come. Praise be Melora. It is so good to see you all again. What did you do those past 5 years?"

    You can see that even if he his courteous, Liam is burning to change the subject. He has some pressing mater to discuss.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Timlaff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    DM
    Since you are the only guests in the inn this morning, Matilda wastes no time getting back to bring your breakfast.

    - "Eat while it's hot."
    Good humor returns quietly on her face...

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Birel
    The tall and slnder elven figure walks toward the table, his long blond hair braided in a long poneytail. His deep blue eyes show signs of wisdom, a common trait of the elves, but you also can see a bit of wild spirit in his gaze. Giving a quiet smile Liam's way he reply
    "Good to see you too friend. I've travelled all around the country, getting to know the layout of the land, so I can guide you around better, among other things. How about you?"
    The tall elf havent changed much in the last five years. He still wear the same travelling greenish cloak, a brown tunic and some nicely crafted hide armor, all quite used, but not as dirty as one would expect from a ranger. At his belt, the stylish pummels of a rapier and dagger, that many would consider a weird choice for someone who spend more time in the wilderness than in the civilized lands. A longbow also rest over his shoulder, beside his backpack and quiver.
    Pulling a chair, the elf hang down his bow and backpack, and sit at his friend table, order some breakfast and wait for his friend to tell him about the apparently urgent things his demeanor suggest he is holding up.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tata's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Titan

    The Warforged hasn't changed much over the past 5 years, still standing tall and strong as you remembered him. His metal body and hide armor bear numerous battle scars from the many blows he is used to taking every fight.
    A nice blue warhammer hangs from his belt on his left side while a crossbow hangs from the right side. A heavy shield is strapped to his back, on top of his cloak.

    Titan, always of little emotions and even fewer words says: "Hello friends. Not much is new, wandering around.
    Last edited by Tata; 2012-07-31 at 11:37 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Québec, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    LIAM

    Nodding as the elf relates the details of the past years, a sigh of longing escapes his lips :

    "As for I, was able to buy a nice shack for me family. We did finish the float too, me papa took it for a sail with me brothers. He said he was going for the big fishes this times. He might not be back in a while. They are all well setteled on the way to Galon. "

    Markig a little pause to gather his next comment, Liam looks at all his friends :
    "Actually, Am afraid they are not all that well. See my papa's papa got himself in deep trouble. He got bitten by a tiny snake. Nothing usually critical but seeing as he is getting old, he won't be recovering from this one."

    Sobbing a little at the potential loss of his grand father, he continues with a broken voice : "We got a pract... in the familiy. the eldest k..ps a secrete that he will sh... to his son only .. his deathbed. But since my papa is out at sea, see? we cannot do the wituals. The shammy said that th... was a plant to use to prep... a wake up potion, but the plant is rare. It grows in the underg...nd pass between Dain and Tunnel-....-Way.

    Marking another pause to steady his voice, he raises his head and looks plaintivly at his comrades and ask :
    " As you came to my help on this faithfull day that we met. Would you gentlemen come to my help again today? I need to go get this plant as fast as I can before my papa's papa passes away. We need the ritual done to preserve our family's dignity."

    He then stops talking and looks at the crowd, hoping with all his hearth that his friends will prove to be as noble as they once were.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tata's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Titan

    "I will go with you"
    Last edited by Tata; 2012-07-31 at 12:21 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Birel
    The elf look sober as he hear his friend stroy and plight.
    His face serious, he nod his support to the young man as he knows about tradition such as these, elves often have them as well.
    He eat quickly, assuming the group will leave right away and start planning the trip in his head.
    "What plant is it exactly?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    What does Birel know about the underground pass...??
    I assume it would be an Dongeonerring : (1D20+6)[24]
    If it would be a nature check, add 7 to that result instead.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2012-07-31 at 12:47 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Taking sometimes to savour his meal Wyndiam analyze is knowledge of alchemy compound that might come to help his friend.

    Fear not my good Liam. As you know I don't have any family of my own, but these past five years made me realize that you three was the closest thing to me that is a family. As you have all proven it to me in the past, when in need, you come to my rescue.
    Standing up to make his commitment more official, he continues :

    I pledge my knowledge to you my brothers. If there is anything I can do to help, I will. I'll accompany you as well Liam.
    Sitting down to finish his meal, he adds in a joyful note:

    Plus, I've got nothing else to do currently...

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Québec, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Liam

    Liam raises his eyes in concentration before answering Birel's question :
    "Hmmm, Shammy said something about a shadowy daisy, with ghostlike petals. I think he called it the flipping lady, or something like that. He said we couldn't mistake it once we get there."

    He then extend his hand to grab a wonderfully aromated bun in the basket and continues :
    "I am so glad that you guys are here and willing to help once again. I feel lik'a drag to ya all. When would you be ready to leave?"

    Now that he knows he found good help, you can see the worry lift a little from his depressed expression.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Timlaff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    DM
    The companions gathered, all finished their breakfast and are ready to go.
    Time is short, but there are still hope.

    Spoiler
    Show
    7 CP for breakfast each
    Do you do something in the city of Westfalls before leaving?

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tata's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Titan

    Right before the adventurers stand up to leave, titan whispers to his friends in order to not be heard by anyone else: "Look who's in here... and more outside. No distinctive mark though but it's suspicious"

    Just as a precaution, Titan unbuckles his shield from his back and puts it down beside him.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Québec, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Liam

    Liam was rising to leave when Titan piped in and in an effort to camouflage his hesitation, he fake a stretch of his arms to be able to get a better view of his surrounding.

    "Haaa, That was a very good breakfast. Mathilda, you never cease to amaze me."

    Then, throwing the required amount for the breakfast on the table, he stares at his friends and asks :
    "Are you guys ready to leave, I do need some fresh air."

    While he his waiting for their confirmation, he his stealthily getting in reach of his trusted fishgutter, ready for any eventuality.

    Rolls :
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bluff check to fake the stretch : (1D20+3)[15]
    Perception check to notice what is indicated by Titan : (1D20+12)[29] incase passive perception wasn't high enough at 22
    Insigth to gather information on their intent : (1D20+10)[20]
    Thievery to get dagger in hand and hide it : (1D20+12)[17]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Timlaff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    DM
    Other people in the inn went out when you stand up...
    Matilda comes back to pick up your coppers on the table very quickly, and go back to the kitchen as fast as she came. a little "thank you", but nothing more.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tata's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Titan

    Seeing that they now are alone in the room: "That was weird... Should someone question the waitress, she seems to know something?"

    Then looking through the windows, Titan tries to see what is going on outside and if he can notice the black cloaked adventurers.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1D20+12)[14]

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Birel
    The elf also noted the cloaked figures and his happy he isnt the only one.
    "Better get ready for some action I guess...", thinks the ranger.

    Birel stand up and put on his backpack and put his bow over his shoulder.
    "If you are all done here, let go."
    He add as a simple whisper,
    "Be on the ready, these cloaked mens look suspicious. We may have to defend ourselves."
    Looking at his freidns, but keeping the other mens within his line of sight, Birel ask in his regular voice.
    "Did I show you my newest acquisitions guys. Look at these weapons, I bought then at the capital on one of my trips there."
    Birel draw his rapier and off hand dagger and show them to his friends. They are actually quite nice and surely enchanted.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The main reason to "show my weapons" is to have them drawn if combat arise BTW.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Québec, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Liam

    Looking over Birel's weapons with the corner of his eyes, Liam says :
    "Wow Birel, nice tools you got there, you got a nice deal for them?"

    Then he bends over and pick-up his backpack while whispering :
    "I will sneak into the kitchen to have a chat with Matilda, give me a minute"

    He then move away towards the kitchen, trying not to attract to much attention.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Stealth check to go into the kitchen without being seen [roll0]
    Perception to spot Matilda, or any other staff, if needed [roll1]
    edit* : Rolls in OOC, do not preview the post if you have rolls in it :)

    Questionning will happen in private message.

    Last edited by Modran; 2012-08-01 at 09:28 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Birel
    The elf answer his friend,
    "A decent one yeah."
    He simply whisper back,
    "If you need help, yell."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tata's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Titan

    Titan gets close to the door, but away from a windows at the same time. He'll be the sentry of the door until Liam comes back from the kitchen. He his holding his shield but his warhammer is still hanging by his side.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Timlaff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    DM
    Liam comes back from the kitchen.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tata's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Titan

    Titan gets close to the door, but away from a windows at the same time. He'll be the sentry of the door until Liam comes back from the kitchen. He his holding his shield but his warhammer is still hanging by his side.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Québec, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Liam

    Coming out of the kitchen with a smile on his lips to try to hide his fears, Liam says :
    "Ok guys, the chef was most happy to receive our personalized thanks. We can leave now."

    Then, heading towards his friends, he whispers :
    "Well organized and known band of Thieving assassins. they are probably after our equipment. Be carefull!"

    On this note, he heads for the door, carriying his net over his shoulder, ready to be thrown.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dagger hidden in main hand, net ready in off-hand. all gear set, ready to leave.

    Spent 1 silver and 7 copper in the Inn.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tata's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Titan

    Titan snickers at Liam's whisper. Talking in a low voice himself:
    "Well, it's been a few years, but you remember the drill? I go first, take the hits if they ambush us and you take them down. Deal?"

    Titan opens the door slowly, ready for anything to happen and peeks outside on either side of the building to see if the thieves are waiting.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1D20+12)[19]

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Birel
    The elf nod and follow, weapon hin hands but is not in a battle stance right now to keep low profile.
    As he comes outside, he scan the area for danger.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception : (1D20+13)[27]

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Timlaff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    DM
    Titan is going out of the inn by the main entrance, always on the lookout of dangers, followed by his friends…

    The threat is dissipated, no man with a hood around...

    But.. Liam's horse has disappeared.

    After a quick tour of the inn and look up in adjacent streets... You see no more suspicious person, only that simple villagers.

    The city of Westfalls is not very big, but should rather serve as a relay between Galon and Highland Hills. There are a few errant merchants, one inn, a magic store in high tower, a fruit and vegetable market and many public street entertainers...

    Spoiler
    Show
    What do you do?
    Birel and Titan's Perception is that no more hooded man around.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Québec, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Liam

    Having tied his horse on the front of the Inn, Liam notice that it is missing as soon as he gets out.

    "Aye, by Melora's great flowing eyebrows, they took my horse."

    Liam looks around for some sign of a trail, or of the horse, and finally looks at his friends, something coming up in his thoughts:

    "You guys don't have any mean of travel other than walking, right? We should get going then. We can always look for these guys on the way back. My pappy's life is more important than a stolen horse."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just in case it is needed, a perception roll to notice a sign of where they went (1D20+12)[26]


    He then starts toward the southern road at a brisk pace and after a couple of steps, he shout :
    "WE WON'T BE FORGETTING THIS, CLAN OF SHADOWS."

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tata's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Titan

    As usual, Titan stays mostly quiet on the road, unless spoken to. He listens to what the others are saying and stays on the lookout for anything of interest or suspicious.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Wyndiam smiles as they start marching toward the exit of the city.

    That was fun, it's good to see that my friends are still ready to defend their life. I think that adventure won't be as easy as it used to be.

    Looking at Liam, he ask:

    Maybe we should stop and gather some food for the travel... How long do you think it will take us to get there?
    Without waiting fo an answer:

    Who is that Clan of Shadow? Are they after you?
    Last edited by Gallo; 2012-08-01 at 12:13 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

    Birel
    Still alert, the elf nod to Liam and procceed forward toward their goal and out fo town.
    "I know a few things on our destination, but 'Ill tell you about later, when it is safer. Lets go."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •