New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Sedwigs Manor IC

You do not know how you got here, why you are here, or where here is exactly. However as your grogginess fades you find yourself in a burlap sack and remember one name, Sedwig.

Suddenly you find yourself in a study, or library, of some sort. Before you sits a man, writing furiously while studying a large text. Behind you comes a loud, sharp knocking sound. The man stops, stashes his work under his chair and goes to the sound. A scene of shadows playing out before you, you see the man open a door and suddenly something jabs in to his chest, spraying blood on to the wall. The assailant hides in shadows but mentions to an unknown entity that a third party, multiple, third parties, are watching somehow. The scene starts to fade and two men appear, dressed in guards garb, but fancier, one says clearly, "Well detective, I think that makes the case a mystery. It's like Sedwig just.. Vanished in to smoke, no blood, no show of foul play. I'm lost..."

As the man finishes talking you feel extremely light headed, and then awake. You find yourself laying on a stone slab, your gear missing. You can faintly hear something burning, and above you you see a stone roof.
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Sedwigs Manor IC

DM ONLY
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Rolling bluff check to see how well I do for my post to be accurate) Bluff (1d20+4)[18]

Markarth slowly awakens and his great mind immediately starts thinking about whats going on. Whats going on... The floor is hard... Why is that? Where am I? Its most likely that nobody knows me where I am at. That means I can practice my acting and trick them into thinking something else! Wonderful!

Markarth shoots up and immediately shouts out. "What in the world is going on! Where is my stuff?!?! Where am I?!?! Whats burning?!?! Is my time near an end?!?! Somebody help!" His green eyes reflect fear, maybe, along with his dark black hair sticking up in several spots you can tell this man is not in the greatest of places. His arms shake a little and his legs are bent inwards, shaking even worse. But Markarths eyes move quickly, looking for anything that could help him feel better than what he feels now.

If you get a certain roll above 18 you may read this or you are the DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Markarth is acting, making himself look weaker than he actually is. If someone didn't know he was actually completely calm then they could make the mistake of dropping their guard. Thankfully you didnt
    Last edited by Magnera; 2012-09-09 at 07:33 PM. Reason: I almost always edit my posts

3. - Top - End - #3

Erasmus

The machine's head lamp activates and flickers a moment, he sweeps the room taking in information. Erasmus rises from the stone slab and scans for immediate threats. Something seems incomplete in his memory...aloud he repeats "Sedwig....Sedwig...Sedwig" as he tries to associate the name with a face or basic information.

"Odd. Perhaps I was deactivated for some sort of maintenance." He then gives the room a more detailed scan to take in his surroundings.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

4. - Top - End - #4

You both notice you're in a large(ish) square stone room with 2 stone coffins to either side and slightly in front of you, your gear is scattered across these 4 coffins. You see two torches flanking an archway directly infront of you, though you cannot see anything beyond the archway.

Everyone roll a listen check.
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

5. - Top - End - #5

Erasmus

Erasmus locates and retrieves his hammer from the floor, identifying it by the solid construction and the words "Key to the City" etched into the head, as his auditory receptors trigger, picking up input.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen - (1d20)[6]
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-09-10 at 12:09 AM.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Gwuh? What just happened? "looks around" Just how drunk was I? Where am I? Dilon looks around, taking in the surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20-1[/roll]

edit: mixed up my roll method.
    Last edited by The Zoat; 2012-09-10 at 01:28 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Redoing my check:

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[7]

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] listen check. Do I have my spells for the day?

Markarth swiftly walks over to his gear, his legs shake as he goes over to his poorly placed belongings. The hearthstones, bolts and many bags of marbles are scattered around the coffins but it takes only a short time for Markarth to gather them. His quaking hands drop a few of the hearthstones as he places them into a bag intended to hold them. Packs of marbles are tied around the shaken mans belt. Well, however much of a belt you can get with a waist cloth tied around black wizard robes.

"S-s-so does anyone know of a man named Sedwig? I uh... think he got killed when uh... umm... Arg!" Markarth goes from scared to angry in moment " I don't recall when. I just know he was killed recently! Anyone have a clue as to what in all hell is going on?"
    Last edited by Magnera; 2012-09-10 at 04:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Who are you and what is going on? I'm Hobarta and I have no idea whats going on. Hobarta gets up quickly collects he things and donors her armor. Does anyone have any information on Sedwig or what he she it is.?
    [roll]1d20+5[/roll[/roll]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I should have paid more attention when coding my last roll :(1d20+5)[24]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Derp I did it wrong x infinity [Roll]1d20+1[/roll] Can I just delete this post?

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Magnera; 2012-09-10 at 06:09 PM. Reason: FAILURE OF THE LARGEST TYPE

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    After MASSIVE fail of the likes i have never done before i must try again in a different post. (1d20+1)[15]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Where's the other guy?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Hobarta will pear into a coffin to see if who lies inside can provide evidence as to what is going on. Anyone have a clue at whats going on?

15. - Top - End - #15

Erasmus

Erasmus selects a phrase from his memory banks that he often heard from the guardsmen he patrolled with, Must have been a cat... and proceedes through the archway to explore his surroundings, anxious to be back at his post.

16. - Top - End - #16

You all hear someone, or something, yelling. The sound echoing through the darkness toward you.

17. - Top - End - #17

Erasmus

Erasmus moves to investigate the sound, announcing loudly, "This is City Watch Unit Erasmus, identify yourself and the nature of your distress! with his warhammer at the ready.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Hobarta follows him with her flail out. She hopes that the source of the screaming will be out side of the house so that maybe it can lead them out. She doesn't think this is likely however.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A few oddly random hand movements and two unintelligible words emanate from Markarth. His crossbow lifts into the air and is loaded by an unseen force. In a few moments the crossbow is loaded and in the quivering wizards hands.

Now finally awake the decision to actually look around for a moment is made. There is nobody around to test my bluff! Fine then, it just changes my plans a little. I need to find water and food if i am going to survive. Shouldn't be too hard if i'm lucky and don't find trouble.

The mage listens in for the sound he heard and immediately runs to the direction he heard it come from. If worse came to worse, blood could probably get the hearthstones wet.
    Last edited by Magnera; 2012-09-11 at 07:20 PM. Reason: didnt read ooc

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Dilon rushes over to his belongings, gathering them up. He notices everyone leaving, and follows at the back of the line. Hey, guys?
    anyone got a clue of what's goin' on? No? Okay.'
    He puts his toad familiar, Wogmump, on his head as he follows.

21. - Top - End - #21

As you explore the room (I assume you're exploring the rooms?) you find it's actually well lit by torches that only activate when someone enters the room they're in.

Spoiler
    Show

You each started in one of the 4 middle rooms on the top or bottom, on the middle most coffin (light gray slab)
    Last edited by KingOfLaughter; 2012-09-12 at 06:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

((I'm assuming I am in the lower right area))

Markarth immediately stops running to the sound and instead falls back into the room he awoke from. It would be foolish of me to run right into something in which I know next to nothing about. Based off of what I saw, the pillars that extend to my left continue as much as I know, but the pillars on my right extend by only a few before continuing its path deeper into the room. That means I can use that corner as a safe position to watch what may or may not occur. But then I will have to watch both visible pathways that follow along the outside of the pillars and thus I wont be able to absorb the information from the central most area of the room...
    The wizard began calculating a solution to his conundrum and, within moments, his solution is found.
    However, if I hide along the corner's right side, then I will be hidden from the sight lane of the hallway closest to me. Unfortunately, anyone that enters this hallway will be blocked from my line of sight as well, but at least I will know they are there. If someone approaches me from the middle, I will be able see them with ease and then devise a counter. If they come from the opposing side, then I can, with great simplicity, discern where they are. Perfect!
    Hoping Markarth was the first to move and whoever may be watching would be distracted, he quickly moves behind his target pillar and peaks into the center of the room while hiding as much of his body behind said pillar as possible, the crossbow held tightly in the studious mage's hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
    Hide [Roll]1d20+1[/Roll]
    Can someone help me with my rolls? I'm having the darndest time with them for some reason.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Magnera; 2012-09-13 at 12:08 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    I got my friend to help they should be good from now on.
    (1d20+1)[3] Spot
    (1d20+1)[17] Hide
    Last edited by Magnera; 2012-09-13 at 12:15 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Dilon worriedly peers from the doorway, wondering what happened. He sneaks out to the middle, hiding behind a pillar and loading his crossbow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move silently (1d20+1)[9] Hide (1d20+1)[9] Spot (1d20-1)[13]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Hobarta calls out to everyone, We are all trapped in a place we know nothing about, it would be good if we get to know each other. My name is Hobarta and I was going off to join the military but I found myself here. I am very strong and I am good with a flail. Toad Gnome what is your name and how can your help us? Hobarta hides behind a pillar next to "Toad Gnome".
    Last edited by GnomeGninjas; 2012-09-13 at 05:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Erasmus

Erasmus begins patrolling the cooridors and rooms, searching for the source of the sounds he detected. If he encounters anyone he says, This is City Watch Unit Erasmus, do you require assistance?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Don't call me Toad Gnome, Orc w/ Axe. My name is Dilon Gitun. Have you seen me before and was I drunk or unconscious at the time?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Hobarta is confused, she doesn't have an axe and she just said her name. Sorry, Dilun Gitun I just needed to make sure you knew who I was talking to. I just saw you when I got up, you were getting up too, I don't think either of us know how we got into this building.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

"This is city watch unit Erasmus, do you require assistance?" Dilon runs out of cover towards the iron watchman. What in god's name are we doing here, officer?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Hobarta follows Dilun. She doesn't like watchmen much but she believes that it would be good to get to know anyone else who is stuck in this building.