New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

DM

While Liam is boiling the water, his companions are setting up a bridge with ropes, the net and with Lastuce’s help on the other side of the river.

Liam gently put the flowers they picked up in hot water… After a few minutes, the petals fall and turn into a gelatinous texture. Liam removes the pot from the heat and stirs the mixture until he gets a thick liquid with a nice scent but a texture rather disgusting…

Liam leaves the mixture cooling off while Wyndiam, Birel and Titan start to cross the river. Wyndiam go first and with the help of Lastuce to stabilize the net he’s a child’s play and Wyndiam crosses easily! Birel follows without problems…

Liam scratches the top of his preparation and carefully pours it into a vial and then seals it with a candle. Titan is now ready to cross followed by Liam… The weight of the warforged makes the net toss, Liam on one side and the others on the other side succeed with pain and misery to keep the net straight while Titan crosses but he gets there. Liam follows him without difficulty.

All members of the company are safe, Liam has his anti-venom and everybody is ready to continue. Lastuce is leading and brings his companions out of this dark cave without encountering any problems. A little disappointed that he had to leave the net behind, Lastuce exult the amount he is going to pocket.

The heroes get to the Inn of the middle of the Pass before nightfall. Lastuce claims his money, salute you and then he goes in a room to rest. The waitress who served you in the morning is still there and she is very happy to see you. She brings you a nice hot meal and refreshing drinks. The room is very comfortable…

As usual, Titan stands guard in the room while Liam, Birel and Wyndiam sleep like a log.

Spoiler
    Show
    7 SP each for lunch and room (Titan have to pay 5 SP for the room)
    A private message was sent to some of you.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

During the night, Titan hears someone trying to unlock the door.
    As silently as possible, he gets up and walks towards the door. As he passes between the beds of his companions, he wakes them up as per there normal signal in similar situations, one hand on the shoulder and the other on the mouth to avoid the person he wakes up from making noises. They haven't done this since before they left each other so hopefully his companions remember. Once the person opens his eyes and sees Titan, he takes his hands off from the person's mouth and signals at the door.

After he has woken up his companions on his way to the door, he stays close to the door to catch the person coming him, he wants to know who is after them. If he hears no more noise coming from the lock trying to be picked, he stops moving and stays quiet in case the individual is trying to listen for noises inside the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, this will be slightly complicated since I don't know the configuration of the room, but all I know is the beds are between me and the door
    To know who's beds I walk in between: (1d3)[1]
    If 1: between Wyndiam and Liam
    If 2: between Wyndiam and Birel
    If 3: between Liam and Birel

I will wake up the two people I walk in between in the following order: Liam, Birel, Wyndiam. I don't try to wake up the third person I don't walk beside.

EDIT: So I'd wake Liam first and Wyndiam second...

Stealth to try to be silent: (1d20)[17]
    Perception to always hear the lock being played with: (1d20+12)[29]

Finally, if I don't hear the lock being played with anymore and the door knob being turned, I stand at the ready to pounce on the person coming in, without trying to wake up anyone else, whether I already woke someone up or not.

Last edited by Tata; 2012-09-13 at 09:42 AM.

3. - Top - End - #273

BlackDragon

DM

Titan moves toward the bed, then wake Liam, Birel and Wyndiam in silence...

The noise from the lock stopped. Asleep compagnons looking at the door and do not understand what happen. Titan approach the door and not hear the rattling sound he heard earlier...

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

Titan Looks at his companions, and without talking, signals at himself and then the door to see if they approve him opening it.

He also tries to see if the door is still locked.
    Last edited by Tata; 2012-09-13 at 10:41 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Birel
    Understadning Titan non0verbal signal, the elf silently stadn up and draw his weapons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth to rise and draw weapons.
    Stealth : (1D20+12)[30]

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Liam

Liam stirs a little from the abrupt wakening. Seeing Titan in his face, he recalls the drill and calms down instantly.

He then reaches for his dagger and positions himself to be able to see the door, without whoever coming in being able to notice his eyes open.

After a while, Titan motions to himself and to the door. Being tired of waiting and wanting to know what is going on, Liam moves quietly out of bed, grab his net and moves toward Titan, lifting a thumb up to show his approval.

Spoiler
    Show

stealth roll : (1d20+13)[3](16)

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

Titan opens the door and looks on both sides in the hallway. If no one is there, he looks on the floor for any sign of evidence the person might have left behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+12)[20]

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Wyndiam

Trying to do as less noise as possible, Wyndiam get out of bed slowly grab his trustful crossbow and kneel down behind his bed, using it to stabilize his position while aiming at the door.

9. - Top - End - #279

BlackDragon

DM

Titan opens the door, jump out of the room and look left and right..

Birel, Liam and Wyndiam and are ready to face the threat... Nothing, nothing to the right of the corridor, nothing to the left and nothing at the room's door...

...All is quiet.
    Last edited by Timlaff; 2012-09-13 at 11:26 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Wyndiam

Wyndiam turns around and try to see if somebody could of enter the room through another opening...

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there a window in the room?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

Titan walks back in the room, closes the door and locks it. He gathers his friends around and whispers:
    "Someone was trying to unlock the door. I'm not sure if it's because they didn't succeed or they heard us move in here, but there was nothing in the hallway just now. Go back to bed, I'll stay on the lookout.

With that, Titan places the chair right beside the door in case someone tries again.
    Last edited by Tata; 2012-09-13 at 12:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Wyndiam

Thanks Titan. I"ll sleep with my crossbow just in case.

Without any more word the Genassi go back in his bed and tries to fall asleep as fas as he can considering the adrenaline rush we just had.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Birel
    The elf nod and return to sleep.

14. - Top - End - #284

BlackDragon

DM

Titan sits on the chair he puts near the door, Liam, Wyndiam and Birel return to sleep...

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    PLEASE Confirm in OCC if the setup of the room is correct.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Liam

Liam tries to get back to sleep, but the possibilities are all stumbling in his mind, keeping him awake.

He rises softly from his bed and pads toward where Titan is keeping vigil.
    He bends over the warforged's shoulder and whispers :
    "Do you think that might have been the clan of shadow trying to pick up the orb of illusion that they may have left in the middle of the wood, thinking that we were on their trail?"

Then, as something else clears the fog in his mind, he continues :
    "Hmm, do you think that those goblins we saw were part of the clan of shadow?"
    Then, remembering his mission, he shuffles through his belongings, making sure that the medecine is still in his pack.

Spoiler
    Show

The room Configuration works fine for me. thank you.
    Last edited by Modran; 2012-09-13 at 01:59 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

Pondering Liam's comment and questions for a minute before whispering:
    "I have no clue who that might be. Could be the shadow clan, could be any other thief, could even be Lastuce or someone sent by him since he knows we have money and the plant for all I know. For the orb, are we sure it belongs to them? Anyone really could have put it there I think. As for the goblins, I have no idea, we could always ask Lastuce in the morning since he seems to know a bit about them, or your friend bartender."

Seeing Liam look through his bag for the vial, Titan continues:
    "Either way, unless someone really causes us trouble, the priority is to get the vial back to your shaman. But remember this vial is probably worth quite a bit to a lot of people so we should be extra careful, things like that get known. Now try to get some rest, the sooner we leave this place, the better."

Spoiler
    Show
    Map looks good.
    Last edited by Tata; 2012-09-14 at 07:46 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Wyndiam

ZZZzzzz

Spoiler
    Show
    Map is AWESOME!!!

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Liam

Liam nods as he retreive the precious vial of medecine from the bag. Glancing towards Titan, he says in hushed voice :

"Yah, you are probably right, can't be too cautious with this stuff. Speaking of which, I am half a mind that someone sliped in, invisible, while we opened the door, Stay alert please."

Then, climbing in his bed with the medecine, he snuggles in his blankets, trying to stay awake long enough to make sure that no one suspicious is in the room.

Spoiler
    Show

Thievery, if needed, to hide the Medecine in the bed with me : (1D20+12)[13](25)
    Endurance to not fall asleep : (1d20+3)[19](22)

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

Titan is mindful of his friend's comment and stays extra alert for the remainder of the night, for any suspicious noise or movement inside or outside their room.

Spoiler
    Show
    If needed, Perception: (1d20+12)[16]

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Birel
    The elf is fast asleep and doesnt even notice his two friends talking among themselves.

21. - Top - End - #291

BlackDragon

DM

Liam went back to bed, nervous and uncertain, he managed to keep his eye open until now. Titan remains attentive to the slightest sound, but nothing unusual happens...

Titan hear breathing in the room, not sure if it comes from his companions... After a few minutes analyzing the sound, Titan are sure it does not come from his three friends who sleep...

Liam sometimes looks Titan and understands what happens... He was right, someone is in the room with them.
    Last edited by Timlaff; 2012-09-14 at 11:42 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

Looking at Liam and then standing up, blocking passage in front of the door so the person will not be able to escape, Titan decides to wake up his sleeping companions by saying loudly enough:
    "Wake up! Someone's invisible in the room, I hear breathing."

He then draws his shield and hammer and stands at the ready to hear any suspicious movement or noise not coming from his friends and to pinpoint the invisible creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+12)[23]
    Last edited by Tata; 2012-09-14 at 12:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Liam

At Titan's nod, Liam, a hand on his trusted "Fishgutter" gather his legs bellow him, corked as a spring and ready to jump at who or what... ever Titan spotted.

At Titan's comment, Liam springs forth, throwing the blanket in the air, trying to make it fall on the invisible person.

"Use your blankets to capture it"

Spoiler
    Show

Minor : Gather blankets and ready to throw
    Move : Stand up from the bed
    Standard :Throw the blanket at the empty air to mark the invisible thing's position
    Not sure how to resolve this here, but I will roll a perception check, and a ranged basic attack
    Perception : (1D20+12)[9](21)
    Ranged basic (1D20+7)[8](15)

If it's just a standard that I'm allowed, I will kick my blanket in the air, hoping ti will fall on the target.

Last edited by Modran; 2012-09-14 at 12:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Birel
    As he get woken up again, the elf is in a foul mood. He draw his weapon again saying, "Show yourself and surrender, now!"
    He scan the room trying to locate the intruder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception : (1D20+13)[27]

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

Knowing his friends are all awake and at the ready, Titan says:

"Everyone keep quiet for a while to try locating him. If that doesn't work, then we'll use blankets and ropes to scan the room."

Titan activates a power to try and hinder the invisible person's movement and keeps quiet. Once the noise from his friends has died, he tries to locate the person once again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Form of Winter's Herald - daily : Each square within 2 squares of you, wherever you move, is difficult terrain for your enemies, plus other stuff for me.
    Perception to spot enemy (+1 from Birel): (1d20+13)[30]
    If I spot him, I will let the others know where he/she is. I'm not moving from in front of the door for the moment.
    Last edited by Tata; 2012-09-14 at 02:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Wyndiam

Standing as quickly as his fogged munds allows him to do, the Genassi puts his back against the wall to prevent any potential back stabbing. Trying to discover the invisble creature position, he use his blanket as a scythe and whips the air in front of him.

If he gets out without passing through the door I have a ritual that will allow us to find a possible secret door.

Spoiler
    Show

If Titan gets slided, pushed or pulled I,ll used my Arcane Anchor to keep him in place.

27. - Top - End - #297

BlackDragon

DM

Blankets fly in the room, Titan blocking the door and ice the ground...
    No intruder found so far.

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    What do you do?
    Planning a group effort? What you can do to "scan" the room, you can discuss in OCC, and tell me that in the IC, explain me how you doing, who does what and where you walk...
    I assume you have in your hands your weapon and Liam have his Grandfather's Potion deep into the... pants.
    You do not have armor yet, unless you take the time to do before "scanning" the room.
    Last edited by Timlaff; 2012-09-17 at 07:20 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Birel
    "Are you sure there is someone?"
    The elf close his eyes and try to hear this possible intruder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception : (1D20+13)[28]

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Liam

Liam feels a rush of adrenaline invigorate him. Why, oh why is it always happening to them? This question will have to stay unanswered for a while still.

Realizing that the chaos in the room only favors their ennemy, he tries to take charge of the situation.

"Birel! Stop grumbling and pull out your rope please. Wyndiam, help me put all the furniture in at the end of the room. We'll trap the slimy eel. Titan, guard the door with your life, no one enters of exit without you dead!"

Coordinating their effort, the companions manage to put all the furniture at the far end of the room. Once that his done, Liam positions his friends to execute his plan.
    "Birel, go the left side of the door, hug the wall and take the 2 rope ends. Wyndiam, you can fly, so maybe this will help you. You will follow us and twirl the rope above your head. We will swing the ropes all over the places to, hopefully catch something...one, I don't know."

Positioning himself at the opposite from Birel, Liam picks the other ends of the 2 ropes that Birel is holding and start swinging them up and down alternatively. He is trying not to follow any rhytm to confuse the hidden foe.

Wyndiam follows, twirling his rope above his head. the friends process through the whole room, trying to hit the hidden foe.

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, if you think we should reposition anybody, please say so, else we proceed as explained.

3 required rolls :
    Perception : (1D20+13)[14](27) (+1 from Birel included)
    MBA : (1D20+7)[3](10) (Removed proficiency and magical bonuses)
    Thievery : (1D20+12)[19](31) (Thievery is way better than bluff for me)

Automatic success on a natural 20 (Skill mastery class feature)
    Suggested helping rolls :
    I think, following the positionning, that the rolls should be made as follow :
    Birel : Thievery/Bluff to coordinate the ropes
    Wyndiam : MBA he is manipulating the rope
    Titan : Perception, as he is doing just that.

If I forgot anything, point it out please. Will wait the results of this action to post further.
    Last edited by Modran; 2012-09-17 at 01:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300

BlackDragon

DM

While you scanning the room with rope and coverage, Titan watches the door and any suspicious movement...

A voice in the room is heard: "Give me the orb that you have found in the forest, leave it on the floor and go out of the room.. if you do this, your life will be saved!" the voice said in a threatening tone.

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Voice came from (G13)