New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: [4E] Tornado Valley - (IC)

Titan

Looking a little annoyed and frustrated, Titan looks in the direction of where the voice came and states:
    "I could care less about the orb, that's not why we are here. The reason we took it was because it was in the way of your goal and was impeding our progress. I don't care what happens to it or what we do with it."

As he sheaths his hammer, he continues:
    "However, I really don't appreciate an unannounced intruder in our room in the middle of the night, even more so one that decides to use trickery and stay invisible. Now, show yourself so we can discuss this face to face and see if we can come to an agreement before you get hurt."

Titan lowers his shield ans now rests at ease instead of his previous battle-ready stance but he stays in front of the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if I should make a check or not, but here are Diplomacy or Intimidate checks if you want to use them:
    Diplomacy: (1d20+3)[23]
    Intimidate: (1d20+7)[8]
    Last edited by Tata; 2012-09-18 at 08:55 AM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Liam

At the sound of the threatening voice, Liam's lips rises in a little smirk. Knowing they've got the... thing cornered and seeing the bluff for what it is, Liam says :

"Hey, nice try ghosty. Even though we can't see you, it doesn't mean we can't find you."

Without stopping to move the ropes, Liam continues : "If it's the orb you want, we can make a deal. You see, we are in need of swift transportation and some answer. Since you guys took my horse for absolutly no reason, I think it's fair to assume that the orb is now ours."
    Liam pauses a little to see if his speech is provoking any reaction, then continues :
    "Here is what I propose : Tell us why the clan of shadow is constantly around us, putting their nose in our business and provide us with horses to make the trip back to where we are going and we will give you the orb and leave you to your own affairs. Fail to collaborate and we will find you, and make you appear..."

a little pause, threatheningly stretching the last word. Liam then adds :

"Just remember, before you answer, that there is not much room left for you to run."

On that, Liam stop moving forward, but keeps swinging the ropes.

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate check, to help on diplomacy (1d20+3)[14](17)
    Diplomacy check (1D20+3)[10](13)

I got ninja'd by Titan, but it still works!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Birel
    The elf face harden and he was about to say something, but stop himself as his friends talk.
    He waits to see how thing turn out, but he keeps alert and try to pinpoint the creature, to make sure it doesnt move from its last known position.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception : (1D20+13)[21]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

DM

- "I do not threaten to kill you... The orb will do it if you do not leave it now. No negotiation possible, there is no much time, put it on the ground and go away."

Spoiler
    Show
    Voice moves in front of you, but no step noise is noticeable.
    Last edited by Timlaff; 2012-09-18 at 10:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The elf say,
    "Guys, the orb seem to respond to this vile creature presence, look."
    Birel point Wyndhiam bag and he stride beside it, ready to strike the invading creature if he sees the bag getting opened by something invisible.

6. - Top - End - #306

BlackDragon

Wyndiam / DM

Wyndiam try to negociate: "Shows yourself and we'll talk."

A bluish glow escapes from the Wyndiam's bag, which contains the magical Orb..

As soon Wyndiam see that, he tightens the strings of his bag to hide the light as he can.. The voice laughed, moving from left to right.
    - "Leave it and exit. ha ha haaha ha..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Nature / Religion / Perception / Arcana and History Check can help you to understand what happen..
    We may communicate by email, it will go faster. Send me your result and I'll let you know what you know!

7. - Top - End - #307

BlackDragon

DM / Wyndiam

Now the bluish gleam passes through the bag and everyone sees it very well..

Wyndiam open his bag, out the orb and quickly deposited on the ground.
    - "It's gonna blow! And it is strong.. HURRY.. Intruder flight, that why we can not hear it." Wyndiam gets up and pulls out his weapon, ready to strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    What you do?

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Liam

Liam's chest is puffed with confidence at his seemingly cunning demand. After the intruder's comment, Liam's contenance seems to waver a little as he wonders if the orb is only capable of illusion.

The blueish glow emanating from Wyndiam's bag helping, Liam is more and more beleiving that it is fast becomming a death trap in the room.

His arm droping, stoping the swing of the ropes, he says to his companions:
    "I don't know about you, but I certainly don't give a rat's tail about that orb. I suggest we do as requested, which is pick up our belonging and leave the room. This guy means business."

Sending one end of the rope towards Birel, he starts coiling up the other end as fast as he can and picks up his belonging, making sure he's got the precious medecine well secured.

Once that is done, he walks to Titan and ask him to open the door so he can leave.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Birel
    Liam words bring Birel back to the reality of their mission and the irrelevance of this orb.
    "We can't let it blow up in here, we need to get it out of this Inn."
    Still the elf coil up the second rope.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

Titan unlocks the door and then opens it.
    "Let's get out. It most likely won't blow, he can most likely control it so he'll stop it once we are gone."

He steps out of the room but stays in the hallway to make sure everyone gets out of the room safely.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Wyndiam

I don't care if we are being played, but I'm not interested in finding out if this freaking orb will unleashed the hordes of demon from the 666 levels of hell. I'm getting out of here!!!

Without waiting a signal from his friend, the Genassi gets out of the room. As he passed the door:

So Mr. Strange, when will we continue this conversation... I suspect you are not done with us.

12. - Top - End - #312

BlackDragon

DM

The menacing voice make its effect, the blue gleam is very intense now that the Orb is out of Wyndiam’s bag… The ball on the floor in the middle of the room, the heroes want to get out… But Birel hesitates for a moment because he thinks it would be wiser to bring the orb out of the Inn.

Titan opens the door, he is overtaken by Liam that takes his stuff and leaves the room in panic, and therefore he makes sure that the liquid-paste that will save his grandfather is still in his pocket… Wyndiam, after putting the magic Orb on the floor, weapon in hand he gets out on his guard while Titan is already in the hallway and watch on both sides… Birel quietly comes to the door and lets Wyndiam go out.

An explosion of light occurs without noise… Birel is completely illuminated by the glow, as Wyndiam is projected forcefully out of the room by the blue gleam and he lands face first in the wall in front of the bedroom door.

Liam and Titan, the only ones conscious but shocked, have just enough time to see a translucent skeleton picking the magic orb and disappear in a cloud of smoke… The skeleton was dressed in a very elegant and rich way, he wore a medallion around his neck, a medallion of the sign of the Clan of Shadows. A hearty laugh, nasty and winning faded along with the cloud of smoke…

Wyndiam quickly comes round helped by Liam to gets up… Titan rushes to help Birel… He turns the elf that is lying flat on the ground and while he was turning the elf, he sees something amazing…

Spoiler
    Show
    Birel take no damage.
    Wyndiam take 12 damage from the wall hit his head.
    Post IC what you do exactly, and ask question in PM or OCC
    Last edited by Timlaff; 2012-09-19 at 10:23 AM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Liam

Liam runs toward Wyndiam and help him stand, then bends to hastily pick up Wyndiam's fallen equipment.

"Are you ok Wyndiam?" says Liam, in hushed tones.
    Then he turns toward the others and notice the prone shape of the elf in Titan's grip. His mind races as his nerves are twitching.
    Oh no, no, no! everything is falling apart... can't let that happen. Who the hell is the clan of shadow, and what do they want from us..."

Then he says in a low and hurried voice :
    "Guys, let's get out of here before everyone in the inn blame this disaster on us."

Making sure he's still got his medecine, he hurries over to help Titan carry Birel.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

Bending over to look at Birel, Titan notices he is still breathing but almost unconscious as he is barely responsive. He tries no notice if the member of the clan of shadow is still in the room or not.

As Liam comes to talk to him, Titan says:
    "No one heard anything, how can we be blamed for this? And leaving now is not a good idea, it is not safe to travel the tunnels at night, especially not with Birel in this condition. If we can be sure the person from the clan of shadow is gone, I suggest we stay here until the morning. Wyndiam can take a look at him or try to heal him and if not, maybe Lastuce or your friend bartender knows something about this. The goal is still to bring the medicine back to your shaman and we'll make sure Birel is okay, although I have no clue what is affecting him."

Putting his hand on Liam's shoulder and looking at him in the eyes, he says without emotions:
    "It's gonna be okay. Just make sure the room's empty and get Wyndiam back in there if it is before we alert everyone for real."
    Last edited by Tata; 2012-09-19 at 01:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Liam

At Titan rebuff, Liam stutters : "Bu..b...b....but... th.. the clan..." Then Titan puts his solid hand on Liam's shoulder and a deep sigh escapes the sailor's lips.

"I guess your right, rushing out would probably get us into an ambush. I'll go check the room and rearrange the furniture."

He then moves caustiously into the room and inspect everything, to make sure the place is safe before rearranging the furniture like it was previously.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception : (1D20+12)[21] I'm guessing Birel doesn't grant a +1 since he is unconscious or close to.

16. - Top - End - #316

BlackDragon

DM

The noise was made by Wyndiam hitting the wall with his head has awaken a client... "Shut the..., we're trying to sleep here..." The voice came from the next room..
    Last edited by Timlaff; 2012-09-20 at 09:55 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Birel
    The elf slowly open is eyes and shake his head trying to stabilise the room spinning around him.
    "I ... am.... alright Titan. I can walk."
    As the warforged drop the elf on the ground, Birel notice his translucid hand. His eyes widden in shock for a few moments and he say nothing.
    Tentatively, he touch his own hand using his other, which is also crystal clear, the touch the wooden wall.
    "What the hell happened to me?", whisper Birel.

Remembering what happened before he passed out, he quickly scan the room.
    "Where are the two little abyssal creatures? And that clan of Shadow skeleton they summoned?"
    After a few seconds of scanning,
    "Their gone, did you see then leave?"

18. - Top - End - #318
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

Seeing is happy to see his friend better, he gets up and closes the door once everyone is in as to not disturb any more clients. To his question he replies:
    "I only saw the skeleton, he picked up the orb after it exploded and then he disappeared."

Looking at his friend's condition, then to everyone, he says:
    "It's the middle of the night, you three should try resting more and I'll stand guard as usual. Birel, I'm not sure what happened to you or what it implies, but we'll figure it out in the morning, and Liam still needs to get the vial back to his Shaman."

Having said that, he helps Liam put the furniture back where it belongs.
    Last edited by Tata; 2012-09-20 at 12:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Birel
    With the imminent enemy treat dissipated, Birel look at his altered body. Plain worries are displayed on his fine elven features. Still he stay silent and only nod grimly as Titan speaks of Liam mission.

"I am not really tired, as if I've slept a full night already right now."

The elf sit down on his bed and start to inspect his new body more closely.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to learn more with knowledge if possible.
    Arcana : (1D20+3)[20]
    Religion : (1D20+8)[9]

20. - Top - End - #320
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Liam

Seeing the elf enter the room by his own means, Liam's lips rise in a tight smile. He looks a little releived that his friend is not dead.

"Birel, glad to see... through... what the hell? Do you feel right? other than the translucidity of your body off course. I mean, do you feel diminished somehow? That voice said the orb would kill us after all."

Putting a bed aright, he fluffs the blankets and pillows and indicates the resting spot with his hand.

"Have a seat, rest a little, just to be on the safe side." says Liam, worry deepening his voice.

21. - Top - End - #321

BlackDragon

Wyndiam

Wyndiam revisit the last scene in his head.. He goes to see Birel and looks, then touch him.. "Are you ok?"

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Birel
    The elf nod,
    "Yeah, I am ok. I feel a bit weird, but I am still myself. With what I saw, the orb was way more potent than a simple thing doing illusions. The two hellish creatures I saw seem to have use a second item to unlock the orb power and activate it. I beleive it was some sort of gate, portal or something along those lines."
    Birel look at his body and add,
    "I am pretty sure I am suffering from some sort of secondary effect, radiations of some sort, from the orb activation magic. I dont know how it will affect me long term, but I thing the effect will slowly fade in time. At least I hope so. Let's get some rest and complete your mission Liam, after that we probabyl will know more about how exactly it affects me and we will be able to decide what to do from there."
    While the elf tries his best to appear calm, it is quite evident that he is worried about his status.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2012-09-20 at 01:35 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Wyndiam

Looking constantly to his elven friend, Wyndiam seems lost in his thought, mumbling to himself. After a few minutes he emerges from his reflexive stance and take a seat on one of the bed looking at Birel.

By all the gods Birel, why didn't you listen to me and gotten out of the room. You should know by now that when it comes to the magic domain if I say run... you RUN!!!

Pausing a second, remembering that his friend life is on the line he calms himself and continues:

Ok here is the situation, you are doomed. The orb sent you in between world. I'm not sure at what rates it will happen, but one think is certains, it will absorb your body, mind and energy and absorb it on another plan.

Putting his hand on his mouth, looking up, he suddendly stands up and look at Liam and Titan:

Unless... unless we retrieve the orb. It seems one of his properties is to travel across different plane of existence, probably from where the skeleton came from. having the orb I might be able to counteract the radiation effects and bring him back. But I really don't know how much time we have.

Grabbing his equipment and putting a hand on the door handle, read to get out:

We don't have a minute to loose. Let's take the horses here in front of the inn, bring back the medicine to the shammy. Then let's hurry to the closest city, where I can research the arcane lore to identify the appropriate ritual we will need. In the mean time you could try to locate the clan of Shadow. What do you say?

24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

Following in Wyndiam's steps, Titan grabs his equipment and goes to Birel:
    "Need a hand or are you good to go? Let's go."

He helps the elf if he needs it or else he follows Wyndiam in the hallway and goes into the main room.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Liam

At Wyndiam's proclamation, Liam crumbles on one bed, defeated. he keeps his head in his hands, unable to look the elf straight in the face. A little whining escapes his lips as he try to say something :
    "I....I....i....m......ssss...sss..s'ry t's... m.... fol. I sh'nt bing ... ya in ... alone... best."

You can see his distress his evident on his face... The prospect of death doesn't sit well with him.

Spoiler
    Show

New nickname : Liam "the emotional wreck"

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Wyndiam

Seeing at his fisherman friend losing all hopes, the Genassi take a frim voice a says:

LIAM IT IS NOT THE TIME TO LET YOUR SELF GO TO DESPAIR. Get a hold of your self and man up. If you stay there and keeps sayong it is your fault, then it will indeed be your fault. But if you stand up, take your head ou of your %$&# and come with us to resolve this situation. Rest assure we all knew this task was not risk free, but we also knew that we would not let ourself in needs. We agreed upon helping you, now it's Birel that need our assistance. If you feel responsible, there is nothing I can do other than tell you that you shouldn't. But if you want to make amend, stop crying make your self useful... as you always do.
    Last edited by Gallo; 2012-09-21 at 08:11 AM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Liam

Wyndiam's firm tone and direct speach wake something in Liam's mind. Memories of his long days with his dad on the boats came flashing back to him.
    Memories
    Spoiler
    Show

Liam is on the boat, no older than 10, with his father, fishing. After a unskilled manoeuver, Liam drops a line and a heavy pully falls on his father leg, breaking it. The father screams in pain and fall down on the deck. Liam starts crying in regret and try to help his father as best he can...

The father, after regaining his speach, tell Liam :
    "Stop crying you wussy, pick up the nets, grab the elm and stir us to shore. You have to do it or we both die here."

Liam looks up at Wyndiam with a new resolve in his eyes.
    "Thank you Wyndiam for the shake up, you are right and a true friend."says Liam in a still cracking voice.

Then, taking a deep breath, he turns toward Birel, put a hand on his shoulder and says in his most convinced voice :
    "Birel, I'm the one that draged you into this predicament, I will be the one to get you out of there as well. That is the promise I make you here and now, upon the honor of my family."

Turning towards the other, he adds grimly : "Let's go."

28. - Top - End - #328

BlackDragon

DM

While Wyndiam, Birel and Liam talk in the room, Titan leaves to the main room where the bar is..

Spoiler
    Show
    We will play by Email the 5-10 minutes Titan has ahead...
    You guys can continue to say you go out...

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Titan

Titan comes back to the room and says grimly:
    "The inn doesn't have any horses. There are 6 riders in the common room in room 4 so we could go wake them up and try to negotiate with them if we can buy their horses, but I'm not sure if it will be successful. I don't like having to brutalize the stable boy though, especially if we ever need to come back here, it gives us a bad reputation, and he seems quite able to take care of himself. Although the stables are somewhat accessible so maybe we can just try to sneak by. Still, gives us a bad reputation. But what must be done, must be done to reach our goals."

Taking a pause, Titan continues:
    "Oh, and the bartender, which actually might be the owner, doesn't want any more involvement in this so don't talk to him about it. He was nice enough to give me information we needed."
    Last edited by Tata; 2012-09-21 at 11:31 AM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    Birel would had shaken Liam out of his despair, but he is also having trouble himself, being numb a little by all this, and Wyndhiam was faster to react.
    Still the help put on a brave face and say,
    "It is no one fault, these kind of things happens. I am not dead yet, we will find a solution to this. Let's just go."

As they rejoin with Titan, Birel shrug,
    "Let's just go on foot then. We probably will have to get across land not fit for horses anyway to save time rather than to follow the road. Right Liam? Where are we going now exactly?"