New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gnorman's Complete E6 Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorman View Post
    Well, here's an alternate option

Unstable Hulk: This minion possesses damage reduction 3/-. It can also rage as a 1st-level barbarian, though it does not receive any additional hit points from the bonus to its Constitution score. However, at the end of the rage, the minion bursts in a shower of gore, splashing its remains in a 10' radius. Any creature caught in that radius must make a Will save or be sickened for three rounds.
    Much better for my needs and much appreciated
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey, I really like these!
    Mind if I use them in a game I will be running?
    you can find the details and setting here, soonish.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Alternate Classes

The Shaper

HD: d8
    Class Skills: Climb, Concentration, Craft, Handle Animal, Jump, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), Listen, Profession, Ride, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Swim
    Skill Points: 4 + Int per level (4x at 1st)

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Soul Melds|Essentia|Chakra Binds

1st|+0|+2|+0|+0|Archetype Power (Lesser), Meldshaping|2|1|0

2nd|+1|+3|+0|+0|Chakra Bind (crown)|3|2|1

3rd|+2|+3|+1|+1|Archetype Power (Moderate)|3|3|1

4th|+3|+4|+1|+1|Chakra Bind (feet, hands)|4|4|1

5th|+3|+4|+1|+1||4|5|1

6th|+4|+5|+2|+2|Archetype Power (Greater)|4|6|2[/table]

Proficiencies: The shaper is proficient with simple weapons, light and medium armor, and shields (except tower shields).

Meldshaping: The shaper may shape soulmelds drawn from the appropriate list for his archetype. The DC of the shaper's soulmeld, if appropriate, is equal to 10 + the number of points of essentia invested in the soulmeld + the shaper's Constitution modifier. His meldshaper level is equal to his class level. The shaper may only shape a number of soulmelds at any one time equal to his Constitution score -10 or the maximum appropriate for his level (given in the above table), whichever is lower. The shaper must get a good night's rest and spend one hour meditating to shape his soulmelds for the day.

Archetypes

Azure Adept

An azure adept may shape soulmelds from the incarnate list.

Delver

A delver may shape soulmelds from the incarnate list, and any with the evil descriptor.

Oversoul

An oversoul may shape soulmelds from the incarnate list.

Soulforger

A soulforger may shape soulmelds from the soulborn list.

Wildspeaker

A wildspeaker may shape soulmelds from the totemist list.
    I was wondering if you'd mind if I wrote the archetypes for this. I'm a pretty big fan of meldshaping and have ideas for all the archetypes you've listed plus one more.

Edit: In fact, if you'll allow it, I'd like to change up the chassis a bit as well to make it more in line with the other E6 classes you've made as well as make each archetype of Shaper able to be differentiated a little better.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2013-02-13 at 04:55 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    I was wondering if you'd mind if I wrote the archetypes for this. I'm a pretty big fan of meldshaping and have ideas for all the archetypes you've listed plus one more.

Edit: In fact, if you'll allow it, I'd like to change up the chassis a bit as well to make it more in line with the other E6 classes you've made as well as make each archetype of Shaper able to be differentiated a little better.
    Go for it; I welcome community submissions.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Proposed Charlatan powers:

Lesser Archetype Power: Creating a disguise only take 1d6 minutes of work and a charlatan can always take 10 on Disguise, Bluff and Sleight of Hand. A charlatan gains the Second Impression skill trick.

Moderate Archetype Power: When using sleight of hand as a perform skill (juggling, Ledgermain, etc) can fascinate as a bard. Gain free Hidden Blade skill trick.

Greater Archetype Power: Once per day a charlatan can make use of one of the following abilities:

Timely Misdirection: If the charlatan succeeds on a Bluff check to feint in combat, her opponent can't make any attacks of opportunity against her until the start of its next turn. This effect is in addition to the normal benefits of a successful feint.

Deadly Ledgermain: Use her Hidden Blade skill trick to make a free attack on a target she has fascinated. No one, including the victim, knows where the attack came from, and combat does not begin. The charlatan hides the weapon used in the attack as a free action after the attack. The attack must be made in a public place with other people nearby. If the charlatan makes a successful bluff check, she can direct blame for the attack onto another person nearby, thus framing them for the attack. A failed bluff check results in the victim of the attack (and all onlookers) assigning equal blame to all present, including the charlatan.

We Go Way Back, You Can Trust Me: When successfully impersonating a friend or family member of the target the charlatan can add their disguise modifier to a diplomacy skill roll for adjusting a target's attitude, and can add their bluff skill modifier to a diplomacy skill roll for requesting the target take an action.

(if anyone thinks these should be beefed up, I can easily do that)
    Last edited by OzzyKP; 2013-02-14 at 12:13 AM.
    Want to test your mettle in the Irorium Arena? Always accepting new gladiators!

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Go for it; I welcome community submissions.
    Got them finished. I'll get them posted later tonight when I have access to my computer. I don't know if they're what you were going for precisely, but I like them.

The archetypes I wrote are as follows.
    • Azure Adept - full Incarnate focusing entirely on soul melds
    • Soul Stealer - evil incarnum user with slight focus on necrocarnum and life draining to fuel powers
    • Oversoul - meld shaping paladin with some white mage spell casting thrown in
    • Soulforger - melee fighter who shapes his essence into a weapon
    • Wildspeaker - totemist with a little druid flavor thrown in
    Last edited by Rizban; 2013-02-14 at 09:27 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

That is almost exactly as I had written it. The Azure Adept was going to be a little wizard-y, but you're basically reading my mind. Good work; looking forward to them.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't do an arcane caster, as I just felt like it didn't really fit thematically with any of the arcane mage classes. (The one exception is white mage in the case of the oversoul, but it's divine, not arcane.) The only mage I would have wanted to pair the shaper with is the blue mage, for thematic reasons, but it just didn't want to work very easily. Perhaps an archetype for the blue mage that grants some limited meldshaping would work, even call it the Cobalt Mage or Sapphire Mage or something. Anyway, on to The Shaper!

The Shaper

Spoiler
    Show
    Class Skills: Climb, Concentration, Craft, Handle Animal, Jump, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), Listen, Profession, Ride, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Swim

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Soul Melds|Essentia|Chakra Binds

1st|+0|+2|+0|+0|Archetype Power (Lesser), Meldshaping|2|1|0

2nd|+1|+3|+0|+0|Open Chakra|3|2|1

3rd|+2|+3|+1|+1|Archetype Power (Moderate)|3|3|1

4th|+3|+4|+1|+1|Open Chakra|4|4|1

5th|+3|+4|+1|+1|Rapid Reshaping|4|5|1

6th|+4|+5|+2|+2|Archetype Power (Greater)|4|6|2[/table]

Proficiencies: The shaper is proficient with simple weapons, light and medium armor, and shields (except tower shields).

Archetype Power: At 1st level, a shaper chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the powers of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated above. Once made, this choice is final.

Meldshaping: The shaper may shape soulmelds drawn from the appropriate list for his archetype. The DC of the shaper's soulmeld, if appropriate, is equal to 10 + the number of points of essentia invested in the soulmeld + the shaper's Constitution modifier. His meldshaper level is equal to his class level. The shaper may only shape a number of soulmelds at any one time equal to his Constitution score -10 or the maximum appropriate for his level (given in the above table), whichever is lower. The shaper must get a good night's rest and spend one hour meditating to shape his soulmelds for the day. Soulmelds remain shaped until the shaper chooses to unshape them, such as when he decides to shape new melds, or when a spell or effect causes it to unshape.

Open Chakra: At 2nd and 4th level, the shaper gains the ability to bind a soulmeld to one or more chakras. The exact chakras are determined by his chosen archetype.

Rapid Reshaping: Once per day, the shaper may use a full-round action to unshape any one soulmeld he has and shape a different soulmeld of his choice. This action provokes attacks of opportunity. If the unshaped soulmeld was bound to a chakra, the new soulmeld may also be bound to the chakra appropriate for that soulmeld.

Archetypes:

Azure Adept

Aligned Soulmelds: The azure adept may shape soulmelds from the Incarnate list; however, he must choose one extreme of alignment, i.e. Neutral Good, Neutral Evil, Lawful Neutral, or Chaotic Neutral. He may not shape soulmelds with an alignment descriptor that does not match his alignment. If his alignment changes away from the one extreme, he may no longer shape any soulmelds with an alignment descriptor until his alignment again matches one of the four alignments listed above.
    Open Chakra: At 2nd level, the azure adept may bind soulmelds to his crown chakra.
    At 4th level, he may also bind soulmelds to his feet and hands chakras.
    Lesser Archetype Power: The azure adept gains an [Incarnum] feat of his choice for which he meets the prerequisites as a bonus feat. Once per day when he shapes his soulmelds, he may spend an additional 10 minutes in meditation to exchange this feat with a different [Incarnum] feat of his choice for which he meets the prerequisites.
    Moderate Archetype Power: At 3rd level, The azure adept's maximum essentia capacity increases by one. This affects all soulmelds, feats, and any other essentia receptacles that he possesses.
    Greater Archetype Power: At 6th level, an azure adept chooses one of the following chakras: arms, brows, or shoulders. He is able to bind soulmelds to this chakra. His essentia pool also increases by 1.

Soulstealer

Aligned Soulmelds: The soulstealer may shape soulmelds from the Incarnate list as if her alignment were evil, regardless of her actual alignment. She may not shape soulmelds with the good, law, or chaos descriptors, but she may shape necrocarnum soulmelds.
    Open Chakra: At 2nd level, the soulstealer may bind soulmelds to her crown chakra.
    At 4th level, she chooses either the feet or hands chakra and is able to bind to that one chakra.
    Lesser Archetype Power: A soulstealer is able to sense living creatures within 10ft. as if she had blindsense and may determine the condition of creatures near death within this range as with the deathwatch spell. The range of this ability increases to 15ft. at 3rd-level and to 20ft. at 5th level. Each point of essentia invested into this ability increases the range by an additional 5ft.
    Moderate Archetype Power: When a soulstealer reduces a living creature to -1 or fewer hit points, she gains temporary hit points equal to twice the creature's HD. She also gains one temporary essentia which can be immediately invsted as a free action. The temporary hitpoints last for one hour while the temporary essentia lasts 24 hours. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack.
    Greater Archetype Power: A soulstealer gains resistance to death in the form of immunity to energy drain and to negative levels. She also gains the ability to have two temporary essentia at one time, assuming she reduces two or more creatures to -1 or fewer hit points.

Oversoul

Proficiencies: The oversoul gains proficiency with martial weapons.
    Aligned Soulmelds: The oversoul may shape soulmelds from the soulborn list. He may be any alignment, but he may not shape soulmelds with an alignment descriptor that does not match his alignment. For example, he may only shape [Good] soulmelds if he is of Lawful Good, Neutral Good, or Chaotic Good alignment.
    Open Chakra: At 2nd level, the oversoul may bind soulmelds to his crown chakra.
    At 4th level, he may also bind soulmelds to his feet and hands chakras.
    Lesser Archetype Power:
    An oversoul gains the ability to cast a small number of divine spells from the white mage's spell list but not spells granted by any of the white mage archetypes. He casts spells exactly as the white mage, but Charisma is his casting stat. The spells per day available to an oversoul are given on the following table.
    Spells per Day{table=head]Level|0|1|2
    1st|2|-|-|
    2nd|2|-|-|
    3rd|3|0*|-
    4th|3|1|-
    5th|3|2|0*
    6th|3|3|1[/table]
    * An oversoul may only cast spells at this level if his Charisma score is high enough to gain a bonus spell of this spell level.
    Moderate Archetype Power: At 3rd level, the oversoul gains the ability to smite a foe as part of a melee or ranged attack. He gains a bonus on the attack equal to his Charisma modifier (if positive) and deals additional damage equal to his class level plus his Charisma modifier (if positive), ignoring any damage reduction the target possesses. An oversoul may make a number of smite attacks in each encounter equal to one third his oversoul level, rounded down. An oversoul's smite attack only functions against opponents whose alignment opposses the oversoul's. A Lawful good oversoul may smite an opponent who is either Evil or Chaotic, but an Chaotic Neutral oversoul may smite only Lawul opponents.
    Greater Archetype Power: The oversoul gains his Charisma modifier (minimum 1) as a bonus on all saving throws and rolls to resist a bull rush, disarm, grapple, sunder, or trip attack. He also retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even while flat-footed. For every point of essentia invested in this ability, this bonus increases by one, and allows the oversoul to select one ally per point of essentia within 20ft to also gain this bonus. The ally receives only half of the total bonus (minimum 0), rounded down, and does not gain the ability to retain Dex bonus while flat-footed.

Soulforger

Proficiencies: The soulforger gains proficiency with martial weapons and heavy armor.
    Aligned Soulmelds: The soulforger may shape soulmelds from the soulborn list. He may be any alignment, but he may not shape soulmelds with an alignment descriptor that does not match his alignment. For example, he may only shape [Good] soulmelds if he is of Lawful Good, Neutral Good, or Chaotic Good alignment.
    Open Chakra: At 2nd level, the soulforger may bind his Soulforged Weapon (see Lesser Archetype Power below) to his crown, feet, or hands chakra. He may not bind any other soulmelds to these chakras.
    At 4th level, he may bind his Soulforged Weapon to his arms, brow, or shoulders chakra. He also gains the ability to bind any of his soulmelds to his crown chakra but not to any other chakra.
    Lesser Archetype Power: The soulforger gains the ability to bind his soul into any weapon he wields, created a Soulforged Weapon. This is a special soulmeld available only to a soulforger, and the abilities do not function for anyone else who wields the weapon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Soulforged Weapon: When a soulforged shapes his soulmelds for the day, one of them may be a soulforged weapon, and he is able to bind this weapon to a chakra of his choice. The weapon made soulforged is still wielded normally, even if it is bound to a chakra other than the hands. It can be disarmed normally, and it can still be sundered in the usual way. If a soulforger loses or puts down the weapon while it is bound, it remains bound and retains its special characteristics; he also retains the special abilities gained from the bind. No one else can benefit from the weapon’s incarnum-based powers. Unlike a typical chakra bind, this one does not close the corresponding body slot, but no other soulmeld may be shaped on the bound chakra.
    Essentia: For every point of essentia invested into a soulforged weapon, the soulforger gains a +1 insight bonus to attack and damage. If the soulforged weapon is non-magical, it is treated as magical while essentia is invested into it.
    Soulforged Weapon Chakras:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Crown Chakra: While bound to his crown chakra, the soulforger may not be flanked. He also gains a +4 insight bonus to resist disarm and sunder attacks.
      Essentia: Every point of invested essentia increases the insight bonus to resist disarm and sunder attacks by 2.
    • Feet Chakra: While bound to his feet chakra, the soulforger gains a +2 insight bonus to initiative and is treated as having the Combat Reflexes feat if he does not possess it.
      Essentia: Every point of invested essentia increases the insight bonus to initiative checks by 1.
    • Hand Chakra: This chakra grants the soulforger a +1 insight bonus on damage rolls made with the soulforged weapon.
      Essentia: The soulforger gains a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls made with the soulforged weapon for each point of invested essentia.
    • Arms Chakra: The critical threat range of the soulforger weapon increases by 1 while bound to the soulforger's arms chakra. This stacks with the Improved Critical feat or the keen weapon enhancement.
      Essentia: The soulforger gains an insight bonus on attack rolls made to confirm critical threats equal to the number of essentia invested in his soulforged weapon.
    • Brow Chakra: While bound to his brow chakra, a soulforger is treated as having the Blind-Fight feat. If he already possesses this feat, he gains no additional benefit.
      Essentia: If at least one point of essentia is invested in the soulforged weapon, the soulforger ignores concealment less than total concealment. If at least three points of essentia are invested, the soulforged weapon functions as if it had the ghost touch property.
    • Shoulders Chakra: While bound to his shoulders chakra, the soulforger is treated as having light fortification, giving him a 25% chance to resist sneak attacks and critical hits. He need not be aware of the attack for the ability to function, but it grants no benefit if he is unconscious or otherwise helpless.
      Essentia: If at least two points of essentia are invested in the soulforged weapon, he is instead treated as having moderate fortification.
    • Throat Chakra: The soulforger may brandish his weapon and utter a hearty battle shout that demoralizes foes. Each enemy within 60 feet who can hear him must save or become shaken for 1d6 rounds (Will DC 10 + soulforger level + Con modifier). He can use this ability as a move action once per encounter.
      Essentia: Each point of invested essentia increases the save DC by 2.
    • Waist Chakra: As long as this chakra bind is in effect, the soulforger gains a +2 insight bonus on checks made to avoid being bull rushed, grappled, tripped, or overrun. He also retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even while flat-footed.
      Essentia: For every point of invested essentia, the soulforger gains a +2 insight bonus when making bull rush, grapple, trip, or overrun attacks.
    • Heart Chakra: The soulforged weapon grants the soulforger bonus hit points equal to twice his soulforger level. These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are; if he changes the chakra bind of his blademeld, he loses them immediately.
      Essentia: The soulforger gains 2 additional hit points for every point of invested essentia. If the essentia is uninvested, these hit points are immediately lost.
    • Soul Chakra While bound to his soul chakra, the soulforged weapon gains one alignment descriptor of the soulforger's choice. The chosen alignment must match one component of the soulforger's alignment.
      Essentia: The soulforged weapon deals an additional 1d6 damage for each point of invested essentia to creatures with an alignment subtype opposed to the soulforged weapon's alignment descriptor. For instance, a [good] soulforged weapon would deal bonus damage to creatures with the [evil] subtype.

Moderate Archetype Power: The soulforger gains the ability to invest essentia into his armor. Each point of invested essentia increases the AC granted by his armor by 1.
    Greater Archetype Power: The soulforger chooses either the throat or waist chakra and gains the ability to bind his soulforged weapon to that chakra.

Wildspeaker

Open Chakra: At 2nd level, the wildspeaker may bind soulmelds to his totem chakra, and soulmelds have their essentia capacity increased by 1 while bound to his totem chakra.
    At 4th level, he may also bind soulmelds to his crown, feet, and hands chakras.
    Lesser Archetype Power: At 1st level, a wildspeaker gains wild empathy as a druid of his level and gain speak with animals as an extraordinary ability. He may use speak with animals a number of times per day equal to his wildspeaker level. Each point of essentia invested into this ability grants a +1 insight bonus to his wild empathy checks.
    Moderate Archetype Power: If the soulmeld bound to a wildspeaker's totem chakra is associated with a magical beast, the wildspeaker takes no penalty on his wild empathy checks when used with that kind of magical beast. In addition, he may choose to use his speak with animals ability with that type of magical beast.
    Greater Archetype Power: At sixth level, the wildspeaker gains the ability to bind any soulmeld to his totem and one other chakra of his choice, gaining the benefits of both chakra binds at once. This only counts as a single chakra bind.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2013-02-15 at 02:52 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

I wanted to post a breakdown of why I made things function the way they do for the shaper.

First things first, essentia capacity for all essentia receptacles (soulmelds, feats, class abilities, items, etc.) is 1 until you reach 6th level, when it increases to 2. This means you can not invest more than one essentia until you cap out at 6th unless a specific ability allows otherwise. There are limits to how much a soulmeld can be enhanced. Keep this in mind while reading the abilities of the archetypes.

The Shaper Chassis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of the reason for this compendium, at least to my understanding, it to give flavorful abilities at each level without dead levels. The original chassis for shaper had a dead level at 5th and gave rather static bonuses to all archetypes across all levels. While I understand that purpose of that, at least as far as the other classes go, the mutability of meldshapers seems to call for something more.

I changed the "Chakra Bind (crown)" and "Chakra Bind (feet, hands)" at 2nd and 4th levels to a more generic "Open Chakra" ability, allowing me more control over which chakras are opened for each class and to more precisely control the power level of each class.

By adding Rapid Meldshaping at 5th level, I filled the dead level and provided an ability to all archetypes which I believed was sorely needed and originally only available to the Incarnate class. While not much at first glance, when you realize the flexibility of the power, it is really quite a good ability.

Azure Adept
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the focused meldshaper and the most analogous to the Incarnate class.

Alignment restrictions: The Incarnate soulmeld list contains a number of alignment restricted soulmelds and soulmelds that have different effects based on alignment. I did relax the requirement restrictions on the class as compared to an Incarnate. If your alignment changes, you only lose access to alignment soulmelds instead of all class abilities, and you no longer need an atonement spell to regain your abilities after an alignment shift. I retained the alignment restrictions, because the Incarnate soulmelds just don't work properly without them in place in some form.

Chakras: The Azure Adept gains access to the most open chakras of any of the archetypes. It can use all least chakras, crown, feet, and hands, and, at 6th level, one lesser chakra of the player's choice. These chakras are open to all soulmelds that can be bound to those chakras without restriction., allowing for the greatest variety of powers of any of the Shaper archetypes.

Lesser: While an [Incarnum] feat is a lackluster bonus, I did allow it to be changed around each day. Also don't forget that the feat adds one bonus essentia, which is quite valuable.

Moderate: This is again taken from the Incarnate abilities; however, it was strengthened to apply to all essentia receptacles instead of merely soulmelds.

Greater: This gives you the lesser chakra (see above) and one bonus essentia point, giving him the most general chakras, the highest essentia capacity, and the most essentia to distribute.

Soulstealer
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the evil focused Incarnate and is more flavor driven than anything else. It focuses in a specific direction and gives up some of the versatility for it.

Alignment: Always evil, even when he isn't. You don't have to be evil, but you always shape soulmelds as if you were.

Chakras: This class has the fewest chakras available to it of any of the shaper archetypes, only two of the least chakras. I tried to give it flavorful and useful abilities to compensate for this.

Lesser: Probably one of the most useful abilities of the archetype, always sense living creatures and see how close to death they are. Not only blindsense, but the ability to detect if a target is able to easily power the moderate ability of this archetype.

Moderate: Bonus hit points and essentia when you drop a target. Not much else to say about this.

Greater: Resistances and another bonus essentia with the same caveat. Not much to comment on, but good, if situational, abilities.

Oversoul
    Spoiler
    Show
    The paladin, the divine caster/meldshaper. He focuses on combat and has a few backup divine spells per day. Ostensibly the secondary melee and secondary healer but a good party support character with a decent array of abilities. He also gains proficiency with all martial weapons, reflecting his more combat oriented role. The oversoul has about the same diversity of abilities as the azure adept, but it focuses in a different direction. Unfortunately, it is probably the most MAD archetype as well.

Soulmelds/Chakras: Oversouls have access to all least chakras: crown, feet, and hands. He also shapes from the Soulborn list, giving him a smaller selection of soulmelds but, again, with a more combat oriented focus.

Lesser: Divine spellcasting as a limited white mage. Charisma based.

Moderate: Smite attack as a limited zealot. Also Charisma based.

Greater: Basically divine grace combined with a minor aura-like ability, improves with essentia investment.

Soulforger
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the front line combat archetype of the shaper. It has the least mutability of the shaper archetypes, because it focuses almost exclusively on its Soulforged Weapon ability.

Proficiency: The soulforger is the only shaper archetype with access to heavy armor. Like the oversoul, he also gains proficiency with all martial weapons.

Soulmelds/Chakras: Soulborn soulmelds plus the Soulforged Weapon unique soulmeld.
    The soulforger has access to the most chakras of any shaper archetype (all least, all lesser, and one greater chakra), but he only has one specific soulmeld that he can bind to any of these chakras. Unlike the azure adept, he can't bind any soulmelds to his chakras except for the Soulforged Weapon. He does eventually open his crown chakra for all soulmelds, but not until 4th level.

Lesser: The Soulforged Weapon, the focus of the entire class. It is designed to have a wide array of uses, but all are combat focused. Its basic ability, available even before the character can bind to a chakra, improves the attack bonus of the weapon, offsetting the 3/4 BAB of the chassis.
    The remaining abilities of the soulmeld are dependent on the bound chakra and essentia investment. Most are situational, but all are at least decently good.

Moderate: While not a great ability, it improves AC, allowing him to be a bit better front line fighter. Requires essentia investment to function.

Greater: Not so much of an ability as it is making the Lesser ability stronger. Grants the one greater chakra and the ability to bind the weapon to two chakras at once. A seemingly fitting capstone for a class focused on a single soulmeld.

Wildspeaker
    Spoiler
    Show
    The totemist. Not much else to it, because the totemist soulmelds are pretty darn good by themselves.

Soulmelds/Chakras: Totemist soulmelds, and all least chakras plus totem chakra. Totem chakra has +1 essentia capacity.

Lesser: Wild empathy and speak with animals, giving credibility to the "wild speaker" name. Improves with essentia investment.

Moderate: Lesser ability functions with magical beasts... situationally.

Greater: Like the soulforger, can double bind a meld. Works with any soulmeld, but one chakra must be the totem. This is great for the wildspeaker, as the best soulmelds are at their best when attached to the totem chakra.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2013-02-15 at 03:00 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Excellent work. With your permission, I'll put it on the first page of the thread.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Firbolg in the Playground

I can't believe I haven't dropped by to say how awesome this is, Gnorman. Well done. Makes me wonder if I should even bother finishing up the 3.5/4e/E6/FATE hybrid system thing I've been tweaking for two+ years now.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Excellent work. With your permission, I'll put it on the first page of the thread.
    Yes, of course, that's why I posted it.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    I can't believe I haven't dropped by to say how awesome this is, Gnorman. Well done. Makes me wonder if I should even bother finishing up the 3.5/4e/E6/FATE hybrid system thing I've been tweaking for two+ years now.
    Thank you! This totally just made my day. Your work (and the accompanying design philosophy) was a major inspiration for me. I can't even tell you just how pleased it feels to have your thumbs up.

Yes, of course, that's why I posted it.
    Hey, just wanted to be hyper-explicit about it. Blame the future lawyer in me.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

As a bit of a (rules) lawyer myself, there are several ambiguities throughout the various class abilities. I was wondering if you'd allow me to write up edits for them to make them a little tighter and allow for a clearer understanding of abilities.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I needed a gnoll for another game using this system so here we go. It only has three bloodlines though, as I could not think of a fourth that made sense. If you want to modify this, go right ahead.

The Gnoll

Spoiler
    Show
    • +2 Strength, -2 Charisma - gnolls are strong and wiry, but tend to seem savage and ill-mannered.
    • Medium Size
    • 30' movement.
    • Humanoid (Gnoll) type.
    • Darkvision 60ft
    • Bloodline: All gnolls select a bloodline from the list below, which offer them different bonuses and abilities. This choice is permanent.
    • Imposing Figure: Gnolls may use their Strength modifier in place of their Charisma modifier on Intimidate checks.
    • Gnolls possess a +1 natural armor bonus.
    • Scent: Gnolls have a keen sense of smell.
    • Gnolls have a +2 bonus to Jump checks.
    • Gnolls have a +2 bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks.
    • Pack Tactics: At third level, a gnoll gains a +3 bonus to attack when flanking rather than a +2 bonus. In addition, the gnoll gains a +1 bonus to armor class against any creature he is flanking.
    • Flind: At sixth level, the gnoll's natural armor bonus increases to +2, as does the bonus to armor class he gains against a creature he is flanking. Finally, once per encounter, the gnoll may reroll an attack roll against any creature he is flanking.

Bloodlines

Plains Gnoll
    • +2 Constitution
    • Plains gnolls possess keen eyes and ears. They have a +2 bonus to Listen and Spot checks.

Gray Gnoll
    • +2 Wisdom
    • Gray gnolls have a +2 bonus to survival checks. In addition, they have Resistance to Cold 5.

Forest Gnoll
    • +2 Dexterity
    • A forest gnoll's base land speed is 40', and they may move over difficult terrain without having their movement hampered.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-02-08 at 11:25 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

16. - Top - End - #376
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    I needed a gnoll for another game using this system so here we go. It only has three bloodlines though, as I could not think of a fourth that made sense. If you want to modify this, go right ahead.
    Marsh gnolls?

17. - Top - End - #377

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    Mountain Gnolls (Str)?

Also, the last ability on Gnolls doesn't say what at level they get Flind, but implies it's an increase to an earlier ability. Assuming its the same 6th level "upgrade" other races get.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fixed the "flind" ability.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

19. - Top - End - #379

Might also want to note any limitations that Flind gives as to the number of rerolls. As worded, it's possible to interpret that you can reroll infinitely (since each reroll is an "attack roll" still, you can keep rerolling until you get a 20).

Also, Gnorman: Any ruling on Brawler [Bruisers] getting masterwork twice? It's coming up in a character creation I'm in now.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holocron Coder View Post
    Also, Gnorman: Any ruling on Brawler [Bruisers] getting masterwork twice? It's coming up in a character creation I'm in now.
    I can't speak for Gnorman, but if he allows me to post my comprehensive editorial update, I've addressed that particular issue.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

As a bit of a (rules) lawyer myself, there are several ambiguities throughout the various class abilities. I was wondering if you'd allow me to write up edits for them to make them a little tighter and allow for a clearer understanding of abilities.
    Please do. I'm always open to critique. I try to go back and fix things as they arise, but sometimes I forget. I would say that as I am gearing up for fairly extensive overhaul, I've become lax on updating the inconsistencies and ambiguities in the current version. I'd appreciate an extra set of eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Holocron Coder View Post
    I think allowing the battlefist to operate as a two-handed weapon at level 1 is reasonable, and have changed it accordingly. Strike the Heavens remains unchanged.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Firbolg in the Playground

Thank you! This totally just made my day. Your work (and the accompanying design philosophy) was a major inspiration for me. I can't even tell you just how pleased it feels to have your thumbs up.
    Awesome! Always glad to know I've been an inspiration! You'll also be getting a comprehensive comment/critique from me within the next couple of days (in NYC visiting the girlfriend right now, so I can't type up a tome for you).

Finally, question for you: my latest iterations of my E6 variant (which has web dormant for a while) share passing similarities with some of your design choices, like archetypes and/or similar subsystems. Since you have this up an running, I figured I'd ask: if I eventually post mine, would you mind? We have MANY distinct elements, but, at this juncture, vaguely similar class structure (although the class designs and abilities are widely varied).

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

I would not mind in the slightest. It's not like archetypes were my invention, after all. The more E6 the better, as far as I'm concerned, and I'd be very interested to see your take.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to go ahead and post my changelog so far and my edits to the first seven classes. I understand if you choose not to incorporate any or all of these edits, so I wanted to provide a list of just what I changed to make it easier on you to sift through.

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Brawler
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Proficiencies - fixed spelling
    • Archetype - slight clarification.
    • Leaf in the Wind - Changed "if any" to "if positive"
    • Elusive Target - Added type "untyped" to movement speed.
    • Strike the Heavens - changed "unarmed attacks" to "unarmed strike" and rephrased for clarity.
    • Faster Than the Naked Eye - reworded for clarity.
    • Hammer Fist - added "only", specified as limited to one attack in the round, changed "unarmed attack" to "unarmed strike", changed "receiving opponent" to "target"

• Breathstealer
      • Lesser - Reworded to match standard 3.5 wording and made it only count if advantageous so it never becomes a drawback.
      • Moderate - Specified it as an AoO.
      • Greater - Specified as Constrict ability and clarified damage. Changed from "Huge" to "two size categories larger" and provided examples.

• Bruiser
      • Lesser - The ability negates the Brawler's 4th-level ability Strike the Heavens, so I completely rewrote its effect to compensate slightly for the lost class ability. I gave him basically the Ravager's ability, as this seemed the archetype focused on overcoming damage reduction.
      • Moderate - slight wording edit
      • Greater - slight wording edit

• Cenobite
      • Lesser - added "use"
      • Greater - Created an ability for the missing ability.

• Ravager
      • Lesser - changed "attacks" to "unarmed strike." Due to giving versatility to the Bruiser, made unarmed strike do both bludgeoning and slashing damage.
      • Moderate - changed from 3/day to 1/2 class level/day.

The Gladiator
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Proiciencies - added "but not tower shields"
    • Combat Versatility - changed "every twenty-four hours" to "per day", added an action type, specified that exchanged feats must be [fighter] feats, and clarified prereq clause.
    • Weapon of Choice - added "rounded down", edited sunder/disarm ability for clarity, changed "failed" to "missed", specified "roll", and changed "every twenty-four hours" to "per day"
    • Fancy Footwork - reworded
    • Shake If Off - added "normally", specified ability damage "to one ability score"
    • It's All in the Wrist - added "before this attack", removed "new"
    • Glancing Blow - changed "targets" to "damages" so that the ability is not wasted on a missed attack.

• Brute
      • Lesser - Added "instead of his Charisma modifier", added type "untyped" to movement speed.
      • Moderate - Added "once per round"
      • Greater - Specified as the Pounce ability.

• Master at Arms
      • Moderate - Changed "once per day" to "once per encounter", changed "any" to "his"
      • Greater - Specified that it does not stack with similar abilities.

• Pit Fighter
      • Lesser - reworded
      • Moderate - added a clause to increase Tumble DC near a Pit Fighter
      • Greater - changed "they" to "he"

• Rage Magus
      • Lesser - Created an ability for the missing ability
      • Moderate - Created an ability for the missing ability
      • Greater - Created an ability for the missing ability

• Vindicator
      • Moderate - rewritten for clarity and added bonus type, specified "weapon" damage.
      • Greater - changed "every 24 hours" to "per day" and slight rewording

The Hunter
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Deadly Aim - reworded
    • Trapper - added "rounded up", changed "steps in" to "enters", changed "HD" to class level, clarified auto-success on Spot checks, added poison use clause.
    • Penetration - renamed to "Penetrating Strike", fixed some spelling
    • Peerless Archer - slight clarification to all abilities

• Beastmaster
      • Lesser - slight wording change, added "if positive", added "minimum equal to class level".
      • Moderate - reworded
      • Greater - changed "druid of 1st level" to "druid of his hunter level - 5" and reworded the healing ability.

• Peltast
      • Lesser - rewrote ability so that it works as appears to be intended.
      • Moderate - Slight rewording
      • Greater - Rewording for clarity

• Sniper
      • Lesser - ability clarified as part of the Hide skill
      • Moderate - change to +2 instead of x3 and examples added (15+ on a crossbow seemed too much?)
      • Greater - edited to match the camouflage ability of the Ranger

• Stalker
      • Lesser - changed "favored enemy" to "favored environment"
      • Moderate - added bonus type, added additional trap bonus for favored environment.

• Warden
      • Lesser - Created an ability for the missing ability

• Hunter Traps
      • Modified traps with poison to have customizable poisons.
      • Added "creatures" after "all" on area effect traps.

The Sentinel
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Warding - added action type for the 3rd level ability and added a caveat.
    • Clear and Present Danger - clarification added
    • Iron Hide - reworded for clarity
    • Battlefield Awareness - specified as Uncanny Dodge+Improved Uncanny Dodge
    • Immovable Object - slight rewording

• Bastion
      • Lesser - added "also", slight rewording
      • Greater - added "also", slight rewording

• Juggernaut
      • No change

• Landsknecht
      • Lesser - rewritten for clarity
      • Moderate - made ability only function on characters who start turn in threatened squares.

• Praetorian
      • Greater - Ability scaled down slightly and specified as Uncanny Dodge.

The Zealot
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Proficiencies - added "but not tower shields"
    • Smite Opposition - clarification added, rewrote alignment restrictions
    • Benediction - added "rounded up", minor edits
    • Conviction - changed from "within 5' per the zealot's class level" to "affected by the zealot's Benediction, added bonus type, removed final clause
    • Purification - changed from "within 5' per the zealot's class level" to "affected by the zealot's Benediction, added bonus type, removed final clause
    • Retribution - rewritten for clarity and alignment caveats added
    • Back From the Brink - allowed use while in negatives or "dead"
    • Rally the Troops - redundant "as a swift action" removed.

• Cavalier
      • Lesser - "HORSEYS?" changed to an actual ability.
      • Moderate - Divine Wind modified to work for mounts
      • Greater - added "mounted" before "charge"

• Initiate
      • Lesser - reworded to fit the other casting classes

• Reaver
      • Lesser - specified as Intimidate skill
      • Moderate - expanded aura to also affect the Intimidate skill
      • Greater - reworded slightly and made duration situationally stronger

• Templar
      • Lesser - rewritten for clarity, added bonus type on Spellcraft check
      • Moderate - slight change to aura

• Zealot Auras
      • Aura of Might - Added "weapon"

The Engineer
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Archetype - clarification.
    • Inventions - grammar edits and minor clarifications, changed "every 24 hours" to "per day."
    • The Knack - specified "class" level
    • Jury Rigging - added action type, clarification
    • Bombadier - grammar
    • Improvisation - clarification

• Cannoneer
      • Lesser - specified as Rapid Reload, added "rounded down to the nearest 5' increment", minor edits, clarification
      • Moderate - changed "electrical" to "electricity" to match energy type, edited ammo rule, minor edits
      • Greater - minor edits

• Innovator
      • Lesser - added bonus type
      • Moderatre - minor clarification

• Machinist
      • Lesser - clarifications on feats
      • Moderate - rewritten for rules clarification, healing limited to half effect.
      • Greater - clarification on fotification, feats, and added full healing effect

• Sawbones
      • Lesser - slight clarification
      • Moderate - added "any", removed redundant "as a full-round action", added "immediately"
      • Greater - required the body to be intact and changed "every 24 hours" to "per day."

• Tinker
      • Lesser - changed "of one" to "1st", changed "metal" to "materials", some rewriting for clarity
      • Moderate - clarification
      • Greater - clarification

The Noble
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Proiciencies - added "but not tower shields"
    • Loyal Lackeys - added "rounded down (minimum 1)", changed "if any" to "if positive"
    • Commanding Presence - clarification
    • Impel - added "some or all", added swift actions
    • Fly, You Fools - clarification
    • Supreme Motivation - clarification

• Dilettante
      • Lesser - added "with weapons", "any" to "positive", general clarification, bonus types added
      • Moderate - spelling and grammar
      • Greater - spelling and grammar, added "with weapons", "any" to "positive"

• Duelist
      • Lesser - Changed to AoO instead of free action
      • Moderate - added "with melee weapons", added "rounded down", minor edits
      • Greater - threat range changed from "tripled" to "increased by 2" to match earlier change to similar ability from another class

• Patrician
      • Lesser - added caveat to disallow multiple rerolls
      • Greater - changed "HD" to "class level"

• Tyrant
      • Lesser - minor edits
      • Moderate - minor edits
      • Greater - minor edits, added bonus type

• Warchief
      • Lesser - changed "action" to "turn", added "any", specified "weapon" damage,
      • Moderate - changed "any" to "positive"

Last edited by Rizban; 2013-02-19 at 03:23 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Brawler, Gladiator, and Hunter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Combat Classes

The Brawler
    Spoiler
    Show

Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Craft, Hide, Intimidate, Escape Artist, Jump, Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (religion), Move Silently, Listen, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim, Tumble

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Unarmed Damage|AC Bonus|Unarmored Speed Bonus
    1st|+1|+2|+2|+0|Archetype Power (Lesser), A Leaf in the Wind|1d6|+0|+0 ft.
    2nd|+2|+3|+3|+0|Elusive Target|1d6|+0|+10 ft.
    3rd|+3|+3|+3|+1|Archetype Power (Moderate)|1d6|+0|+10 ft.
    4th|+4|+4|+4|+1|Strike the Heavens|1d8|+0|+10 ft.
    5th|+5|+4|+4|+1|Faster Than the Naked Eye|1d8|+1|+10 ft.
    6th|+6/+1|+5|+5|+2|Archetype Power (Greater), Perfect Harmony|1d8|+1|+20 ft.[/table]

Proficiencies: A brawler is proficient with simple weapons, as well as the kama, the nunchaku, the sai, the siangham, and the shuriken. He is also always considered proficient with his own unarmed strikes. A brawler is not proficient with any kinds of armor or shields.

Archetype: At 1st level, a brawler chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated on the class table. Once made, this choice is final.

A Leaf in the Wind: The brawler gains a dodge bonus to his armor class equal to his Wisdom modifier (if positive) as long as he is wearing no armor, unencumbered and not equipped with a shield. This bonus increases by 1 at 5th level, and applies even when the brawler is flat-footed. He gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat, and his unarmed strikes deal damage according to the table above.

Elusive Target: The brawler gains Evasion. He also gains a 10' untyped bonus to his base land speed - this bonus increases to 20' at 6th level.

Strike the Heavens: The brawler's unarmed strike is now considered a masterwork manufactured weapon for the purposes of being enchanted only. The brawler gains no bonus to attack rolls.

Faster Than the Naked Eye: Once per round, if he is unarmed and unarmored, a brawler may make a full attack action as a standard action or at the end of a charge attack.

Perfect Harmony: Once per day, the brawler may use of one of the following abilities.
    - Blink And You'll Miss Me: As a swift action, the brawler may move up to his base land speed, even if he has already moved that round. In addition, he gains 20% concealment for the next three rounds.
    - Hammer Fist: This ability may be used only as part of an unarmed strike and only applies to one attack in the round. If a brawler makes a successful unarmed attack, he inflicts maximum damage. The target must make a save (Fortitude DC 10 + 1/2 the brawler's class level + Strength modifier) or be stunned for one round.
    - Mystic Resonance: As an immediate action, the brawler can negate one hostile spell or spell-like ability cast upon him, as if he possessed insurmountable spell resistance. He may negate a spell with an area of effect, but if he does, all others in the area are affected as usual. The brawler is also restored a number of hit points equal to his class level multiplied by his Wisdom modifier (if positive).

Archetypes:

Breathstealer

Lesser Archetype Power: A breathstealer gains Improved Grab. When making grapple checks, he is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him
    Moderate Archetype Power: Once per round as an immediate action, a breathstealer can use an attack of opportunity to initiate a grapple against an opponent within reach that has just missed him with a melee attack.
    Greater Archetype Power: A breathstealer gains the Constrict ability which deals damage equal to his unarmed strike. In addition, the breathstealer may grapple opponents of up to two size categories larger than normal, e.g. Medium creature can grapple up to Huge creatures, Small up to Large, etc.

Bruiser

Lesser Archetype Power: A bruiser can choose for his unarmed strike to deal his choice of bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage. In addition, his unarmed strike damage increases as if he were one size larger and may add 1.5x his Str modifier to damage as if it were a two-handed weapon. His unarmed strike is also considered to be cold iron for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A bruiser's unarmed attacks gain reach, though he may still attack adjacent opponents. His unarmed strike is considered to be silver for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
    Greater Archetype Power: As a standard action, a bruiser may make an unarmed attack as a ranged touch attack against any foe within 120' that he could normally target with a ranged attack. In addition, his unarmed strike is considered to be adamantine for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction but not for overcoming the hardness of objects.

Cenobite

Lesser Archetype Power: A cenobite may use Lay on Hands as a paladin of his class level, although the ability uses Wisdom instead of Charisma to determine the amount healed.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A cenobite gains blindsight out to 30'. In addition, any creature striking the cenobite in melee takes divine damage equal to the cenobite's Wisdom modifier.
    Greater Archetype Power: Once per day, a cenobite can gain a +4 sacred bonus to AC and to saves and spell resistance 25 for a number of round equal to his Wisdom modifier.

Ravager

Lesser Archetype Power: A ravager's unarmed strikes do damage as if they were one step higher on the brawler's progression - 1d8 at 1st level, and 1d10 at 4th level. His unarmed strike also deals both bludgeoning and slashing damage.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A ravager may enter a Whirling Frenzy as a barbarian of his class a number of times per day equal to his half his class level rounded up.
    Greater Archetype Power: If a ravager hits an opponent with at least two attacks during his own turn, he may rend his opponent for an amount of damage equal to his base unarmed attack damage plus his Strength modifier. The ravager is healed for an amount equal to the rending damage caused. A ravager may only use this ability once per round.

The Gladiator

Spoiler
    Show

HD: d10
    Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (dungeoneering), Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nobility and royalty), Listen, Profession, Spot, Swim, Tumble

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Archetype Power (Lesser), Combat Versatility
    2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Weapon of Choice
    3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Archetype Power (Moderate), Combat Versatility Bonus Feat
    4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Unorthodox Maneuvers
    5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Fancy Footwork, Combat Versatility Bonus Feat
    6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+2|Greater Archetype Power, Riddle of Steel[/table]

Proficiencies: The gladiator is proficient with light armor, medium armor, and shields (but not tower shields). He is proficient with simple weapons, martial weapons, and three exotic weapons of his choice.

Archetype: At 1st level, the gladiator chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated on the class table. Once made, this choice is final.

Combat Versatility: The gladiator qualifies for feats as if he was a fighter of his class level. He also gains bonus fighter feats at 1st, 3rd, and 5th level. Once per day, the gladiator may spend one full round to swap any or all of these bonus feats for another fighter feat for which he meets the prerequisites. He cannot choose to lose a feat that is the prerequisite of another feat or ability.

Weapon of Choice: The gladiator chooses a single weapon with which he is proficient. He gains a bonus on attack and damage with that weapon equal to half his class level (rounded down). That weapon becomes immune to sunder and disarm attacks. Once per encounter, the gladiator may reroll a missed attack roll when using this weapon. Once per day, the gladiator may select a new weapon by spending five minutes practicing with it.

Unorthodox Maneuvers: As a full-round action, the gladiator may make a wide swing attack, a lunge attack, or a counter-flank attack, which allows him to target multiple squares with a single blow. A wide swing attack targets a square and the two squares on either side of it, a lunge attack targets a square and the square behind it (from the point of view of the fighter), and a counter-flank attack targets a square and the corresponding square on the opposite side of the gladiator making the attack. The gladiator makes one attack roll at his full attack bonus, and uses that result for any and all targets in the affected squares.

Fancy Footwork: When taking a 5-foot step, a gladiator may move up to 10 ft. In additional, once per round, he may spend a swift action to take an additional 5-foot step.

Riddle of Steel: Once per day, the gladiator may make use of one of the three following abilities:
    - Shake It Off: As an immediate action, the gladiator may remove one of the following conditions from himself, even if the condition would prevent him from normally doing so: ability damage to one ability score, blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, entangled, fatigued, nauseated, paralyzed, poisoned, sickened, staggered, stunned, and any forms of fear. Upon using this ability, any non-lethal damage the gladiator has suffered is immediately healed.
    - It's All in the Wrist: As a swift action, the gladiator may make a full attack, even if he has already performed one that turn. He may take an additional 5' step before this attack and select targets as normal.
    - Glancing Blow: As an immediate action, the gladiator gains damage reduction 10/- against the next attack that damages him.

Archetypes:

Brute

Lesser Archetype Power: A brute may Rage as a barbarian of his class level, three times per day, and may add his Strength modifier instead of his Charisma modifier to all Intimidate attempts. In addition, he gains a 10' untyped bonus to his base land speed, and is no longer encumbered or slowed by wearing medium armor.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Once per round, a brute may charge over difficult terrain and may make one direction change of up to 90 degrees during a charge attack. While raging, he gains damage reduction X/-, where X is equal to his Constitution modifier.
    Greater Archetype Power: A brute gains the Pounce ability (MM313), allowing him to make a full attack at the end of a charge. He no longer suffers a penalty to armor class when charging. In addition, while raging, he gains an additional +4 bonus to Will saves against mind-affecting effects.

Master at Arms

Lesser Archetype Power: A master at arms may treat his weapons as any material for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. He may not, however, treat his weapons as adamantine for the purpose of overcoming the hardness of objects.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Once per encounter, a master at arms may change his weapon of choice to any other in his possession as a swift action. In addition, he gains a +4 bonus to all combat maneuvers with his weapon of choice.
    Greater Archetype Power: The threat range of the master at arm's weapon of choice is doubled, and the critical multiplier increased by one - this ability cannot, however, increase the critical multiplier of a weapon beyond x4. This ability does not stack with the Keen weapon enhancement or the Improved Critical feat or any other ability that increases the threat range or multiplier.

Pit Fighter

Lesser Archetype Power: Anytime a pit fighter makes a successful attack of opportunity, he may immediately take a 5-foot step, even if he has already used one for the round.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Opponents threatened by a pit fighter provoke attacks of opportunity when taking a 5-foot step or when casting a spell or spell-like ability, even if doing so defensively. The DC to Tumble past a Pit Fighter without provoking attacks of opportunity increases by 10.
    Greater Archetype Power: Anytime a pit fighter makes an attack of opportunity he may make a full attack rather than a single attack.

Rage Magus
    Lesser Archetype Power: A rage magus gains the ability to cast a small number of arcane spells from the red mage's spell list but not spells granted by any of the red mage archetypes. He casts spells exactly as the red mage, but Charisma is his casting stat. He does not suffer from arcane failure while in light armor or medium armor. The spells per day available to a rage magus are given on the following table.
    Spells per Day
    {table=head]Level | 0 | 1 | 2
    1st|2|-|-
    2nd|3|0*|-
    3rd|3|1|-
    4th|3|2|0*
    5th|3|3|1
    6th|3|3|2 [/table]* A rage magus may only cast spells at this level if his Charisma score is high enough to gain a bonus spell of this spell level.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Once per day per three class levels, a rage magus may enter an Arcane Frenzy. When in an arcane frenzy, a rage magus gains +4 Strength, +2 Charisma, a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, and spells cast while frenzied have their caster level increased by 1, but he also takes a -2 penalty to AC. While frenzied, a rage magus may make Concentration checks to avoid having a spell disrupted, but he may not cast defensively. He cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride) or any abilities that require patience or concentration. He cannot activate magic items that require a command word or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function, but he may use a spell trigger item (such as a wand). He can use any feat he has except Combat Expertise, item creation feats, and metamagic feats. Arcane frenzy lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Charisma modifier. A rage magus may prematurely end his arcane frenzy if he chooses. At the end of the frenzy, he loses the frenzy modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (-2 penalty to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, can’t charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter.
    Greater Archetype Power: Once per round while in an arcane frenzy, a rage magus may spend a move action to channel a single spell into his weapon. This spell must be one that deals damage and has a duration of Instantaneous. The next time he makes a successful attack roll, the spell immediately activates against the target as if the target were struck with the spell and failed any save; however, the rage magus must still overcome the target's spell resistance, if any. A rage magus may only have one such spell channeled at a time. The charge lasts until it is used or for a number of rounds equal to the rage magus' Charisma modifier, whichever comes first. If the rage magus does not make a successful attack, the spell is lost.

Vindicator

Lesser Archetype Power: A vindicator gains the favored enemy progression as if he were a ranger of his class level.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Each time an opponent damages him, a vindicator gains a +1 circumstance bonus (max +3) to attack and weapon damage rolls against that opponent for the remainder of the encounter.
    Greater Archetype Power: A vindicator's weapon of choice is considered to be a bane weapon against his favored enemies. In addition, he may change his favored enemies to new choices once per day.

The Hunter

Spoiler
    Show

Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Craft, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nature), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Ride, Search, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble, Use Rope
    Skill Points: 6 + Int per level (4x at 1st)

1st|+1|+2|+2|+0|Archetype Power (Lesser), Animal Companion
    2nd|+2|+3|+3|+0|Deadly Aim, Trapper
    3rd|+3|+3|+3|+1|Archetype Power (Moderate)
    4th|+4|+4|+4|+1|Hawkeye
    5th|+5|+4|+4|+1|Penetration
    6th|+6/+1|+5|+5|+2|Archetype Power (Greater), Peerless Archer[/table]

Proficiencies: The hunter is proficient with light armor, medium armor, and bucklers. He is also proficient with simple and martial weapons.

Archetype: At 1st level, the hunter chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated in the class table. Once made, this choice is final.

Animal Companion: The hunter gains the services of an animal companion as a druid of his class level.

Deadly Aim: The hunter may add his Dexterity modifier to damage rolls while using ranged weapons. For thrown weapons, he may use either his Dexterity modifier or his Strength modifier for damage rolls.

Trapper: The hunter gains the ability to set traps in a square he occupies as a full-round action. He may set traps with a level equal to his own class level divided by two (rounded up). Unless otherwise noted, traps are set off when someone enters the square in which they were set. Traps have a save DC of 10 + half the hunter's class level + the hunter's Intelligence modifier. Opponents may spot traps with a successful Spot check. They automatically succeed on this check if they witness the hunter setting them. The hunter may have a number of active traps equal to his Intelligence modifier. A hunter never risks poisoning himself when setting a trap that involves poison. In addition, the hunter gains the Trapfinding ability.

Hawkeye: The hunter takes half the normal penalty (-1 instead of -2) for each range increment beyond the second, and takes no penalties whatsoever for the second, effectively doubling his normal range. He also gains a bonus to Spot checks equal to his class level.

Penetrating Strike: The hunter's attacks with ranged weapons and one-handed melee weapons automatically overcome up to 5 points of damage reduction. This ability allows the hunter to overcome any damage reduction except DR/epic or DR/-.

Peerless Archer: Once per day, the hunter may make use of one of the following abilities as a free action:
    - Soft Underbelly: The hunter may ignore any damage reduction (except DR/epic) on one ranged attack against a single opponent.
    - Unerring Shot: The hunter may ignore all cover and concealment (except for total cover or concealment) with one ranged attack against a single opponent.

Archetypes:

Beastmaster

Lesser Archetype Power: A beastmaster's animal companion gains a +4 inherent bonus to its Strength and Constitution. A beastmaster also gains the ability to heal his companion once per day as a full-round action, restoring a number of hit points equal to his Intelligence modifier (if positive) multiplied by his class level (minimum equal to class level).
    Moderate Archetype Power: At 3rd level, a beastmaster gains the ability to use speak with all animals at will as the spell. This is an extraordinary ability.
    Greater Archetype Power: A beastmaster gains a second animal companion as a druid of his hunter level - 5. He may use his healing ability three times per day.

Peltast
    Lesser Archetype Power: A peltast deals an extra 1d6 damage on all attacks with thrown weapons during any round in which he has moved at least 10 feet. This damage increases by 1d6 every for every two levels gained above 1st (2d6 at 3rd and 3d6 at 5th). This is considered precision damage, but still applies (though at half the amount) against creatures normally immune to sneak attacks or critical hits. In addition, a peltast may draw new thrown weapons as a free action as though he had the Quick Draw feat.
    Moderate Archetype Power: As a full-round action, a peltast may make a single attack that affects all creatures in a 30' line, using up only one unit of ammunition in the process. He makes a single attack roll and applies that against all enemies in the line. He rolls damage separately for each opponent successfully hit.
    Greater Archetype Power: During any round a peltast has moved at least 10 feet, he may make a full attack as a standard action. Attacks made in this way must use thrown weapons with which the peltast is proficient.

Sniper

Lesser Archetype Power: When using the sniping ability of the Hide skill, a sniper takes only a -10 penalty instead of -20 and may attempt the Hide check as a swift action rather than a move action. He may also attempt to move at his full speed while hiding without taking the normal -5 penalty on the check.
    Moderate Archetype Power: If a sniper successfully attacks an opponent who is completely unaware of his presence, his weapon's critical threat range is increased by 2. For example, a longbow's critical threat range would become 18-20, and a heavy crossbow's would become 17-20. As long as the opponent does not know the sniper's exact location, the opponent is also considered flat-footed against the sniper's ranged attacks.
    Greater Archetype Power: A sniper can use the Hide skill in any sort of natural terrain, even if the terrain doesn’t grant cover or concealment.

Stalker

Lesser Archetype Power: A stalker gains the favored environment ability as a ranger of his class level.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A stalker may set traps as a standard action. In addition, his traps are harder to spot, offering a +5 circumstance bonus to their Spot DC. Traps set in a stalker's favored environment instead have a +10 circumstance bonus to their Spot DC.
    Greater Archetype Power: A stalker gains the woodland stride and swift tracker abilities as a druid.

Warden
    Lesser Archetype Power: A warden gains the ability to cast a small number of arcane spells from the green mage's spell list but not spells granted by any of the green mage archetypes. She casts spells exactly as the green mage, and Wisdom is her casting stat. The spells per day available to a warden are given on the following table.
    Spells per Day
    1st|2|-|-
    2nd|3|0*|-
    3rd|3|1|-
    4th|3|2|0*
    5th|3|3|1
    6th|3|3|2 [/table]* A warden may only cast spells at this level if her Wisdom score is high enough to gain a bonus spell of this spell level.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A warden gains a +4 circumstance bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks and gains wild empathy as a druid of her warden level.
    Greater Archetype Power: Once per day when in a natural setting, a warden may spend 10 minutes to commune with the plants and animals around her to gain information about the local area. She is able to obtain a short answer to any simple question she poses pertaining to current events in any wilderness area. In general, for each mile of distance between the warden and the area of which she has asked adds one minute to the time it takes to obtain an answer. If the natural world thinks an issue is particularly important, news may find the warden without her asking. In this case, it does not count as the use of her daily ability.

Hunter Traps

Spoiler
    Show
    Level One (Spot DC: 15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison Dart
    If an enemy sets off a poison dart trap, they suffer 1d6 damage and are afflicted with a simple poison. A Reflex save negates the damage and the poison. If the Reflex save is failed, the target may still attempt a Fortitude save against the poison. A simple poison has a Fort DC 13 and deals one set of initial and secondary damages of the warden's choice when the trap is set: 1d3 Dex/1d3 Dex, or 1d3 Str/1d3 Str, or 1 Con/1d2 Con.

Razorwire
    If an enemy sets off a razorwire trap, they suffer 1d6 slashing damage and are knocked prone. A successful Reflex save negates the damage and prevents them from being knocked prone. A razorwire trap may be set across two squares.

Vinesnare
    If an enemy sets off a vinesnare trap, they must make a Reflex save or be entangled for three rounds.

Level Two (Spot DC: 20)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Acidvial
    If an enemy sets off an acidvial trap, they suffer 2d6 acid damage immediately and suffer 2 acid damage per round for the next three rounds. A Reflex save halves the initial damage and negates the recurring damage.

Fireburst
    If an enemy sets off a fireburst trap, all creatures in a 5' radius suffer 2d6 fire damage and risk being set on fire. A Reflex save halves the damage and prevents being set on fire.

Frosthold
    If an enemy sets off a frosthold trap, they suffer 2d6 cold damage and act as if affected by the Slow spell for one round. A Fortitude save halves the damage and negates the slowing effect.

Level Three (Spot DC: 25)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Explosive
    If an enemy sets off an explosive trap, all creatures in a 5' radius suffer 2d6 fire damage and 2d6 piercing damage and are knocked prone. A Reflex save halves the damage and prevents them from being knocked prone.

Deadfall
    If an enemy sets off a deadfall trap, they suffer 4d6 bludgeoning damage and are dazed for one round. A successful Reflex save halves the damage and prevents the dazing.

Vicious Poison Dart
    If an enemy sets off a vicious poison dart trap, they suffer 2d6 piercing damage and must make a Fortitude save or be afflicted with a dangerous poison. A dangerous poison has a Fort DC 16 and deals one set of initial and secondary damages of the warden's choice when the trap is set: 1d6 Dex/2d6 Dex, or 1d6 Str/2d6 Str, or 1d6 Con/1d6 Con.

Last edited by Rizban; 2013-02-19 at 04:06 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Sentinel and Zealot
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Sentinel

Spoiler
    Show

HD: d12
    Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (history), Knowledge (nobility and royalty), Listen, Profession, Ride, Spot, Swim

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Archetype Power (Lesser), Warding
    2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Clear and Present Danger, Iron Hide
    3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Archetype Power (Moderate)
    4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Battlefield Awareness
    5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Stalwart Defender
    6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+2|Archetype Power (Greater), Immovable Object[/table]

Proficiencies: A sentinel is proficient with light, medium, and heavy armor, as well as all shields (including tower shields). He is proficient with all simple and martial weapons.

Archetype Power: At 1st level, a sentinel chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated in the class table. Once made, this choice is final.

Warding: Once per round as an immediate action, the sentinel may declare that he is protecting an adjacent ally. That ally gains cover for one round.

At 3rd level, when using this ability, the sentinel may opt to switch places with the chosen ally as a swift or immediate action. If used as an immediate action, the sentinel becomes the target of any attack that was aimed at the chosen ally.

At 5th level, this ability grants improved cover instead.

Clear and Present Danger: Opponents in a sentinel's threatened squares provoke attacks of opportunity from the sentinel when they make a melee attack against any target other than the sentinel. If the sentinel's attack of opportunity hits, he may choose to have it deal no damage, instead causing the opponent to take a penalty on his attack roll equal to the amount of damage the attack of opportunity would have dealt.

Iron Hide: The sentinel gains damage reduction X/- where X is equal to his Constitution modifier or his level, whichever is lower. Any ally under the effects of the Warding ability gains damage reduction equal to the same amount.

Battlefield Awareness: The sentinel gains Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge. He can no longer be flanked or caught flat-footed.

Stalwart Defender: If the sentinel successfully hits and damages an opponent with an attack of opportunity while the opponent is moving through his threatened area, the opponent must immediately stop moving and cannot move further that round.

Immovable Object: Once per day, the sentinel may use one of the following abilities as an immediate action:
    Peerless Bodyguard: The sentinel grants total cover to one adjacent ally for one round.
    Shrug It Off: The sentinel negates all damage dealt to him as part of a single melee or ranged attack.

Archetypes:

Bastion

Lesser Archetype Power: When using the Warding ability and using a shield, a bastion also grants a protected ally concealment.
    Moderate Archetype Power: When using Clear and Present Danger to defend the ally chosen by the Warding ability, a bastion gains a bonus to his attack and damage rolls equal to one half his level rounded down (minimum 1).
    Greater Archetype Power: When using the Warding ability and using a shield, a bastion also grants a protected ally total concealment.

Juggernaut

Lesser Archetype Power: A juggernaut gains a bonus to both performing and resisting overrun and bullrush attempts equal to his Constitution modifier, and may attempt to bullrush an opponent of any size.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A juggernaut does not need to move with an opponent in order to move him when performing a bullrush.
    Greater Archetype Power: If a juggernaut bullrushes an opponent into a wall or other solid object (i.e., the opponent cannot move the full distance he is required to due to the object being in the way), that opponent takes bludgeoning damage equal to 4d6 + twice the juggernaut's Strength modifier.

Landsknecht

Lesser Archetype Power: A landsknecht gains a +2 bonus on attacks rolls against any opponent who enters one of his threatened squares from a non-threatened square and deal double damage with a single attack of opportunity against that character for one turn. Additionally, a landsknecht may attack adjacent opponents with reach weapons.
    Moderate Archetype Power: All squares within a landsknecht's reach are considered difficult terrain for opponents who start their turn in a threatened square.
    Greater Archetype Power: When wielding a reach weapon, a landsknecht's reach extends an additional 5 feet. Also, if an opponent's movement is stopped with the Stalwart Defender ability, a landsknecht may immediately make a trip attempt against that opponent. If the trip attempt fails, the opponent may not attempt to trip the landsknecht.

Praetorian

Lesser Archetype Power: A praetorian gains a +1 untyped bonus to armor class for each ally adjacent to him (to a maximum of +5). When using Warding, this bonus is also extended to the target he protects.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Anytime an ally under the effects of a praetorian's Warding ability is missed with a melee attack, that ally may make an immediate attack of opportunity against the opponent that missed them. This attack of opportunity does not count towards the usual limit of one attack of opportunity per round.
    Greater Archetype Power: All allies adjacent to a praetorian are immune to fear and negative morale effects and are treated as though they had Uncanny Dodge, meaning they may not be caught flat-footed.

The Zealot

Spoiler
    Show

HD: d10
    Class Skills: Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nobility and royalty), Knowledge (religion), Listen, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Auras Known
    1st|+1|+2|+0|+2|Archetype Power (Lesser), Smite Opposition|-
    2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3|Benediction, Conviction|1
    3rd|+3|+3|+0|+3|Archetype Power (Moderate)|1
    4th|+4|+4|+1|+4|Purification|2
    5th|+5|+4|+1|+4|Retribution|2
    6th|+6/+1|+5|+1|+5|Archetype Power (Greater), Dedication|3[/table]

Proficiencies: The zealot is proficient with light, medium, and heavy armor as well as shields (but not tower shields). He is also proficient with simple and martial weapons.

Archetype: At 1st level, the zealot chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated in the class table. Once made, this choice is final.

Smite Opposition: The zealot gains the ability to smite a foe as part of a melee or ranged attack. He gains a bonus on the attack equal to his Charisma modifier (if positive), deals additional damage equal to his class level plus his Charisma modifier (if positive), ignoring any damage reduction the target possesses. A zealot may may make a number of smite attacks in each encounter equal to half his class level, rounded up. A zealot's smite attack only functions against opponents whose alignment opposes the zealot's. A Lawful good zealot may smite an opponent who is either Evil or Chaotic, but an Chaotic Neutral zealot may smite only Lawful opponents.

Benediction: The zealot gains the ability to exude an aura that provides him and his allies with a beneficial effect. He learns one aura from the list given below, gaining more as he progresses in levels. He may only learn auras with a level equal to half his class level, rounded up. He may activate or deactivate an aura as a free action but may only project one aura at a time. The aura has a range of 5' per class level. By spending five minutes in prayer and meditation, a zealot may switch his active aura to any other aura that he knows. If the zealot is rendered unconscious or killed, his aura immediately ceases to function.

Conviction: The zealot becomes immune to fear, charm, and compulsion. Allies affected by the zealot's Benediction gain a +4 sacred bonus on saves against the same effects.

Purification: The zealot becomes immune to poison, disease, nausea, and the sickened condition. Allies affected by the zealot's Benediction gain a +4 bonus on saves against the same effects.

Retribution: When the zealot reaches 5th level, he chooses one component of his alignment. All of his attacks gain that alignment for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. If his alignment changes away from his chosen alignment, the zealot loses this ability until his alignment returns to the original selection. At the DM's discretion, a quest may be undertaken to change the alignment selection of this ability. A true neutral zealot may select any alignment component but gains no benefit from it.

Dedication: Once per day, the zealot may make use of one of the following abilities:
    Back from the Brink: As an immediate action, the zealot with at least 12 Charisma may restore a number of hit points equal to his class level multiplied by his Charisma modifier to himself or a single ally within 30'. He may use this ability even if he has just been reduced to negative hit points.
    Raise the Banners: As a swift action, the bonuses and range of the zealot's aura are doubled for one round.
    Rally the Troops: As a swift action, the zealot may remove all negative status effects from himself or a single ally within 30'.

Archetypes:

Cavalier

Lesser Archetype Power: A cavalier is able to bless a mount to be unusually intelligent, strong, and loyal. A cavalier may bless any animal he can ride after spending 24 hours in prayer and meditation with the mount. The mount receives all the benefits listed below according to the cavalier's level. Should the cavalier’s mount die, the cavalier may bless another mount he can ride after repeating the 24 hour ritual.
    Blessed Mount
    {table=head]Level | Bonus[div]HD[/div] | Natural[div]Armor Adj.[/div] | Str[div]Adj.[/div] | Int | Special
    1st – 2nd|+0|+0|+0|4|Empathic link
    3rd – 4th|+1|+2|+1|5|Evasion
    5th – 6th|+2|+4|+2|6|Share saving throws[/table]
    Moderate Archetype Power: A cavalier adds the following aura to his list of auras known:
    Divine Wind: Animals being used as mounts gain a sacred bonus to their primary movement speed equal to half the cavalier's Charisma modifier (if positive) multiplied by 5. The cavalier's mount gains this bonus even when the cavalier is not mounted.
    Greater Archetype Power: When making a smite as part of a mounted charge, a cavalier's additional damage is equal to twice his level plus twice his Charisma modifier. If the attack connects, the target must make a Will save (DC equal to 10 + 1/2 the cavalier's level + the cavalier's Charisma modifer) or be dazed for one round.

Initiate

Lesser Archetype Power: An initiate gains the ability to cast a small number of divine spells from the white mage's spell list but not spells granted by any of the white mage archetypes. She casts spells exactly as the white mage, and Wisdom is her casting stat. The spells per day available to an initiate are given on the following table.
    Spells per Day
    1st|2|-|-
    2nd|3|0*|-
    3rd|3|1|-
    4th|3|2|0*
    5th|3|3|1
    6th|3|3|2 [/table]* An initiate may only cast spells at this level if her Wisdom score is high enough to gain a bonus spell of this spell level.
    Moderate Archetype Power: An initiate gains the ability to turn (if good or neutral) or rebuke (if evil) undead as a cleric of his level, a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Wisdom modifier.
    Greater Archetype Power: An initiate may now cast spells with a range of personal and a casting time of a standard action as a swift action.

Reaver

Lesser Archetype Power: If a reaver successfully deals a killing blow to a foe, he gains a +2 morale bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, and armor class for the next three rounds. In addition, a reaver may user the Intimidate skill to demoralize an opponent as a swift action.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A reaver adds the following aura to his list of auras known:
    Aura of Despair: All opponents within the range of this aura take a penalty on saves and on checks to resist the Intimidate skill equal to half the reaver's Charisma modifier (if positive), rounded down.
    Greater Archetype Power: Any foe hit by a reaver's melee attacks must make a save (Fortitude DC 10 + 1/2 the reaver's class level + the reaver's Charisma modifier) or become fatigued for one round. If a reaver hits a foe who is already fatigued, the foe becomes exhausted for one round then fatigued for the following round instead.

Templar

Lesser Archetype Power: If an enemy capable of casting spells or using spell-like abilities is successfully hit and damaged by a templar's attack, the next time that enemy attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability, he must make a save (Will DC 10 + 1/2 templar's class level (rounded down) + the templar's Charisma modifier) or lose the spell or spell-like ability. This effect lasts until the opponent attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability or for a number of rounds equal to the templar's Charisma modifier, whichever comes first. A templar also gains Spellcraft as a class skill and gains a +4 sacred bonus on identifying spells.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A templar adds the following aura to his list of auras known:
    Aura of Denial: The templar gains spell resistance equal to 10 + his class level + his Charisma modifier. Affected allies gain spell resistance equal to 10 + the templar's class level.
    Greater Archetype Power: A templar may cast a targeted version of Greater Dispel Magic as a spell-like ability once per encounter, with a caster level equal to twice his level.

Zealot Auras

Level One

Spoiler
    Show
    Aura of Deflection: The zealot gains a sacred bonus to his armor class equal to his Charisma modifier (if positive). Affected allies gain half that bonus.

Aura of Endurance: The zealot gains a sacred bonus on all saves equal to his Charisma modifier (if positive). Affected allies gain half that bonus.

Aura of Might: The zealot gains a sacred bonus to ranged and melee weapon damage rolls equal to his Charisma modifier (if positive). Affected allies gain half that bonus.

Level Two

Spoiler
    Show
    Aura of Accuracy: The zealot gains a sacred bonus to ranged and melee attack rolls equal to his Charisma modifier (if positive). Affected allies gain half that bonus.

Aura of Vitality: The zealot gains temporary hit points equal to his Charisma modifier (if positive). Affected allies gain half that amount. These hit points are refreshed each round that the aura is active (provided that allies remain within range), but do not stack.

Aura of Purity: Evil outsiders and undead within range of this aura take divine damage equal to the zealot's Charisma modifier (if positive) each round. This damage is applied at the end of the zealot's turn.

Level Three

Spoiler
    Show
    Aura of Ablation: The zealot gains damage reduction X/-, where X is equal to his Charisma modifier (if positive). Affected allies gain half that amount.

Aura of Warding: This aura almost exactly mimics the Magic Circle Against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law spell, though it offers its benefits to affected allies out to the zealot's normal aura range rather than just 10'. Upon learning this aura, the zealot chooses which alignment component it protects against - this choice is permanent. This aura is a supernatural ability with a caster level equal to the zealot's class level.

Last edited by Rizban; 2013-02-19 at 04:19 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Engineer and Noble
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skilled Classes

The Engineer

Spoiler
    Show

HD: d6
    Class Skills: Appraise, Concentration, Craft, Disable Device, Forgery, Heal, Knowledge (architecture and engineering), Knowledge (dungeoneering), Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (history), Listen, Open Lock, Profession, Search, Spot

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|1|2|3
    1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Archetype Power (Lesser), Inventions, Trapfinding|2|-|-
    2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|The Knack|3|-|-
    3rd|+2|+1|+1|+3|Archetype Power (Moderate)|3|1|-
    4th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Jury Rigging|3|2|-
    5th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Bombardier|3|2|1
    6th|+4|+2|+2|+5|Archetype Power (Greater), Improvisation|3|3|2[/table]

Proficiencies: The engineer is proficient with light armor and bucklers. He is proficient with simple weapons, the hand crossbow, and any weapon-like invention he prepares. He may also wear mechanized armor without penalty, even though it is considered heavy armor.

Archetype: At 1st level, the engineer chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated in the class table. Once made, this choice is final.

Inventions: The engineer gains the ability to use Inventions. Inventions are limited-use mechanical or alchemical items that mimic supernatural or magical effects but are completely mundane and scientific in nature. He may prepare a number of inventions per day, from any of six disciplines, as listed in the table above, though he may only prepare each individual invention once per day (one-handed firearms and melee weapons, however, may be prepared twice). Once depleted, the invention may not be used again until the engineer has again prepared that invention; however, some inventions may contain multiple doses or may be used multiple times before becoming depleted. The save DC of an invention, unless otherwise noted, is equal to 10 + the level of the invention + the engineer's Intelligence modifier. At 1st level, an engineer may only prepare 1st level inventions. He may prepare 2nd level inventions at level 3 and 3rd level inventions at level 5. Activating an invention, unless otherwise noted in its description, requires a standard action and may only be used or equipped by the engineer who prepared it. Preparing inventions requires one hour of dedicated work and may only be done once per day.

Trapfinding: The engineer can use the Search skill to locate traps when the task has a Difficulty Class higher than 20. Finding a nonmagical trap has a DC of at least 20, or higher if it is well hidden. Finding a magic trap has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it. The engineer can use the Disable Device skill to disarm magic traps. A magic trap typically has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it. An engineer who beats a trap’s DC by 10 or more with a Disable Device check can study a trap, figure out how it works, and bypass it (with his allies) without disarming it.

The Knack: The engineer gains a bonus on all Craft checks equal to half his class level. He also receives a 25% reduction in the crafting cost of all mundane and alchemical items, and his crafting progress checks are measured in days instead of weeks. He may also craft alchemical items as if he were a spellcaster.

Jury Rigging: Once per day, the engineer may use a move action immediately regain the use of one invention that he has prepared for the day and has depleted. That invention is treated as if it has just been prepared for the day with all doses or uses per day available.

Bombardier: The engineer gains an +4 bonus to attack rolls with splash weapons and inventions that mimic them. Any such weapons or inventions have their splash radius increased by 5'.

Improvisation: Once per day, the engineer may activate any invention on his class list as a standard action, even if he does not have it prepared that day. If the invention normally has a duration (even if that duration is "indefinite while prepared"), it functions for a maximum of six rounds before becoming depleted.

Archetypes:

Cannoneer

Lesser Archetype Power: A cannoneer is treated as having rapid reload for ranged weapons he wields, allowing him to load heavy crossbows and two-handed firearms as a move action, or light crossbows, hand crossbows, or one-handed firearms as a free action. He may also make an aimed shot with a firearm or crossbow at an opponent's legs (or leg equivalent) as a full round action. If this shot hits and deals damage, the opponent must make a save (Reflex DC 10 + 1/2 the cannoneer's class level + the cannoneer's Dexterity modifier) or have its base land speed halved for one turn (rounded down to the nearest 5' increment). A cannoneer may also prepare one extra invention per day from either the Explosives or Smithy discipline of any level invention that he can normally prepare.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A cannoneer, when firing a firearm or a crossbow, may choose to have it do fire damage, electricity damage, or cold damage instead of physical damage. He is now always considered to have a supply of ammunition appropriate to his firearms and crossbows. He may also make an aimed shot with a firearm or crossbow at an opponent's torso as a full-round action. If the shot hits and deals damage, his opponent must make a save (Fortitude DC 10 + 1/2 the cannoneer's class level + the cannoneer's Dexterity modifier) or be sickened for one round.
    Greater Archetype Power: Once per encounter, a cannoneer may make an attack or an aimed shot with a firearm or crossbow as a ranged touch attack. He may also make an aimed shot with a firearm or crossbow at an opponent's head as a full-round action. If the shot hits and deals damage, his opponent must make a save (Will DC 10 + 1/2 the cannoneer's class level + the cannoneer's Dexterity modifier) or be staggered for one round.

Innovator

Lesser Archetype Power: An innovator may prepare one extra invention per day from any discipline of any level invention that he can normally prepare, and the DC of any invention he uses gains a +1 insight bonus.
    Moderate Archetype Power: An innovator may combine inventions as a full-round action, creating a new contraption. He may pick and choose which invention's duration, range, and area of effect to use then adds the effects of the other invention to it. He must expend the use of both inventions when combining them, and each target is entitled to save separately for all effects. Nonsensical combinations simply do not work.
    Greater Archetype Power: Anytime an innovator rolls a natural twenty, he may recover an expended invention. If he does not have any expended inventions to recover, he may instead use any invention he currently has prepared without expending it. He must use the free invention within one round of rolling the twenty.

Machinist

Lesser Archetype Power: A machinist gains one warforged body feat, i.e. Adamantine Body, Mithral Body, etc., as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites. If the machinist is a warforged, he may instead select any warforged feat for which he meets the prerequisites. A machinist may also prepare an extra invention per day from either the Mechanical or the Smithy disciplines of any level invention that he can normally prepare.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Once per round, a machinist may activate an invention as part of a normal melee attack against a single target. If his attack hits, the effect of the invention applies immediately to the target without offering a save in addition to the normal attack damage. If the attack misses, that use of the invention is wasted. The engineer also gains the ability to be healed by spells, powers, abilities, and inventions that normally only affect constructs; however, the healing is only at half effect.
    Greater Archetype Power: A machinist gains light fortification, giving him a 25% chance to ignore critical hits or sneak attacks. If he already possesses light fortification from another source, such as by being a warforged, he is treated instead as having medium fortification. The armor check penalty offered by his warforged body feat decreases by 2, and the maximum dexterity bonus it offers increases by 2. In addition, he gains full effect from healing abilities that target constructs.

Sawbones

Lesser Archetype Power: A sawbones gains a bonus on melee damage rolls equal to half his total Heal skill modifier (i.e, his skill ranks + his Wisdom modifier + any relevant feats, items, spell effects, et cetera), to a maximum of +2 per class level. This is considered precision damage but still deals half damage against non-living creatures, creatures with indiscernible anatomies, and creatures immune to critical hits. A sawbones may also prepare an extra invention per day from either the Chemistry or Medicine discipline of any level invention that he can normally prepare.
    Moderate Archetype Power: As a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity, a sawbones may attempt to remove any non-magical disease or poison from himself or an adjacent ally. The sawbones makes a Heal check. If it is higher than the DC of the disease or poison, the target is immediately cured. He may also use inventions from the Medicine discipline on allies, as long as he is adjacent to them.
    Greater Archetype Power: As a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity, a sawbones can perform a Heal check on any adjacent creature that has died within the last three rounds. If the sawbones succeeds on the check, which has a DC equal to 20 + the HD of the creature, the creature is brought back to life, stabilized at -9 hit points. This ability may only be used on a particular creature if the body is mostly intact and only once per day.

Tinker

Lesser Archetype Power: A tinker gains the services of a construct companion. Treat this companion as if it were an astral construct of a level no greater than half the tinker's class level (minimum 1st), though it is made of mundane materials rather than ectoplasm. The special ability selected for the construct is permanent until a new companion is created. At any time, a tinker may spend 8 hours to build a new construct companion, selecting new or the same abilities. He uses materials and tools he has on hand, and the construction does not cost the tinker anything but time. A tinker may only have one construct companion at a time and must disassemble an existing companion in order to build a new one, but this can be done at the same time without increasing the time to build the new companion. A tinker may spend one hour to repair his companion with a Craft check (Armorsmithing, Blacksmithing, Sculpting, or another appropriate craft skill), healing his companion of hit points equal to the check result -10. A tinker may also prepare an extra invention per day from either the Mechanics or Electromagnetism discipline of any level invention that he can normally prepare.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A tinker may choose to split any damage done to either him or his construct companion evenly, each one taking half the normal damage. If the original damage total is an odd number, the original target takes the extra point of damage.
    Greater Archetype Power: A tinker's construct companion gains one additional choice from Menu B on the astral construct menu. By spending one hour tinkering with his companion, the tinker may select new special abilities for it without having to completely rebuild it. If it is destroyed, it still takes 8 hours to build a new companion.

The Noble

Spoiler
    Show

Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Information, Intimidate, Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nobility and royalty), Listen, Perform, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Speak Language, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device

1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Archetype Power (Lesser), Loyal Lackeys
    2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Silver Tongue
    3rd|+2|+1|+3|+3|Archetype Power (Moderate)
    4th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Impel
    5th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Commanding Presence
    6th|+4|+2|+5|+5|Archetype Power (Greater), Birthright[/table]

Proficiencies: The noble is proficient with light armor, medium armor, and shields (but not tower shields). He is proficient with simple and martial weapons.

Archetype: At 1st level, the noble chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated in the class table. Once made, this choice is final.

Loyal Lackeys: As a full-round action, the noble may summon any humanoid from the Monster Manual (hereafter referred to as a "minion") whose hit dice do not exceed half his class level, rounded down (minimum 1), into an unoccupied square within 10'. The noble may only have a number of active minions at any one time equal to his level (maximum of five), and may only summon a number of minions per day equal to twice his class level plus his Charisma modifier (if positive). [Ed: That's 2(CL) + CHA, not 2(CL + CHA)]. Minions have the statistics, abilities, and equipment of a typical member of their race, and act on the noble's initiative. The noble may command or dismiss his minions as a free action, but may only give them complicated commands if he speaks the same language as they do - if not, minions may only attack the nearest opponent to the best of their ability. Minions of any kind only have one hit point, but they do not suffer partial or half damage from spells or effects on a successful save. Minions also only offer half the normal bonus for aiding another.

Silver Tongue: The noble may take 10 on Diplomacy checks, even if threatened or distracted. He may also make rushed Diplomacy checks without taking a penalty to the roll.

Commanding Presence: As a full-round action, the noble may emit an aura of command that lasts for one round - all allies (excluding himself) within 30' of the noble act as if affected by a Good Hope spell, gain 5 temporary hit points for one round, and a 10' bonus to their base land speed. This is an mind-affecting extraordinary ability.

Impel: By giving up some or all his own actions for a round, the noble may allow his allies to take additional actions. At 4th level, the noble may forgo his own swift or move action to allow an ally within 30' to take an additional swift or move action on its next turn. At 6th level, the noble may forgo his own standard action to allow an ally within 30' to take an additional standard action on its next turn. The noble may only grant one type of action in this way in any given turn. A noble may only use this ability a number of times per day equal to his level.

Birthright: Once per day, the noble may make use of one of the following abilities:
    - Fly, You Fools: As a move action, all allies within 30' of the noble (excluding himself) have their base land speed doubled for one round, and may move up to their newly-modified base speed as an immediate action before their next turn.
    - Supreme Motivation: As a full-round action, the noble allows one ally within 30' (excluding himself) to immediately take a full round's worth of actions. This does not change the ally's order of initiative.
    - The Whites of Their Eyes: As an standard action, the noble allows all allies within 30' (excluding himself) to make a single melee or ranged attack as an immediate action.

Archetypes:

Dilettante

Lesser Archetype Power: A dilettante may choose one of three focuses at the beginning of each day: Combat Focus, Stealth Focus, or Magic Focus. Combat Focus gives him a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls with weapons, one bonus fighter feat (chosen at focus selection) for which he must meet the prerequisites, and a +2 insight bonus to Climb, Jump, and Swim checks. Stealth Focus gives him Trapfinding, +1d6 sneak attack damage, and a +2 insight bonus to Disable Device, Open Lock, and Search checks. Magic Focus allows him to cast a small number of spells. He may cast cantrips and 1st-level spells from one mage class spell list (excluding archetype bonus spells). He may only cast a number of spell levels per day equal to his Intelligence modifier (if any). Treat cantrips as spell level 1/2. He may choose a different mage class each time he selects Magic Focus. His caster level is equal to half his class level, and the DC of his spells is equal to 10 + the spell level + half his Intelligence modifier (if positive). He also gains a +2 insight bonus to Concentration, Knowledge (arcana), and Spellcraft checks.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A dilettante gains a bonus on all skills in which he has no ranks equal to half his class level and is considered to be trained in their use.
    Greater Archetype Power: A dilettante’s focuses each improve. While in Combat Focus, the bonuses on attack and damage rolls with weapons increases to +2, and the dilettante may make a second attack with a -5 penalty to the roll. When in Stealth focus, his sneak attack damage increases to +2d6, and he gains Evasion. While in Magic Focus, he may cast 2nd-level spells and may cast a number of spell levels equal to twice his Intelligence modifier (if positive). In addition, the insight bonuses to his skill from his active focus increase to +4.

Duelist

Lesser Archetype Power: Once per round as an attack of opportunity, a duelist may make one melee attack at his highest base attack bonus against an opponent that has just missed him with a melee attack. This ability only applies while the duelist is wielding a one-handed weapon with nothing in his off hand. A duelist may add his Intelligence modifier to his armor class as long as he wears light or no armor and does not use a shield.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Once per encounter, a duelist can designate a specific opponent as his chosen foe. The duelist gains a bonus to attack and damage rolls with melee weapons equal to half his Intelligence modifier, rounded down (minimum +1), against the chosen foe for as long as he remains in melee range with that foe. If the opponent moves away, the duelist has one round to close the gap before the bonuses disappear. If the chosen foe does not target him in kind or refuses to engage him in combat, these bonuses are instead equal to the duelist's full Intelligence modifier.
    Greater Archetype Power: If a duelist succeeds on a feint check against his chosen foe, his next melee attack has its critical threat range increased by 2. This ability only applies while the duelist is wielding a one-handed weapon with nothing in his off hand. A duelist's Commanding Presence ability now affects himself as well.

Patrician

Lesser Archetype Power: If a patrician fails a Diplomacy check, he may immediately retry the roll at -5 penalty but may only make a single reroll attempt. Even if the second check fails, the disposition of the target cannot be reduced below unfriendly (unless already hostile).
    Moderate Archetype Power: Once per round as a standard action, a patrician may make an opposed Diplomacy check against any opponent with an intelligence score of 3 or higher within hearing distance. If the patrician wins, the opponent is unable to take standard actions for one round. The patrician may not use this ability if silenced or if he does not speak the target's language. If the target is attacked, the effect is broken.
    Greater Archetype Power: Before attacking a patrician, any opponent with a intelligence score of 3 or higher must make a save (Will DC 10 + 1/2 the patrician's class level + the patrician's Charisma modifier) or pick a new target. If no other valid opponents are within reach, the attack fails. In addition, a patrician may use Commanding Presence as a move action.

Tyrant

Lesser Archetype Power: When summoning minions, the tyrant may apply one of the following three abilities to them:
    - Toxic Assassin: This minion gains the Sneak Attack ability of a 1st-level rogue, though it may only make such attacks with melee weapons. When it dies, it produces a noxious cloud that lingers in a 10' radius for three rounds, dealing 1d6 acid damage for each hit dice it has (minimum of one) per round to any creature caught inside. A save (Fortitude DC 11 + the minion's HD) negates the damage entirely. The minion may, as a standard action, sacrifice itself to produce the cloud.
    - Unstable Scout: This minion may teleport up to 20' as a move action, as per the Dimension Door spell. It may not bring other creatures or any objects besides its starting equipment, but it is not restricted from taking actions after doing so. The minion deals 1d6 electricity damage to anything caught in the path of its teleportation. When it dies, it may teleport once per each hit dice it has as an immediate action, dealing 1d6 electricity damage to anything caught in the path of its teleportation (targets can be struck multiple times). Any creature damaged by the minion's death throes must make a save (Will DC 11 + the minion's HD) or be stunned for one round; however, even if the creature is struck multiple times, it need only make one save against the stunning effect. The minion may, as a standard action, sacrifice itself to trigger the teleportation effect.
    - Volatile Saboteur: This minion possesses a ranged attack that deals 1d6 fire damage. Treat this as a thrown weapon with a range increment of 20'. When this minion dies, it explodes, dealing 1d6 fire damage for each hit dice it has (minimum of one) in a 10' radius. A successful save (Reflex DC 11 + the minion's HD) halves this damage. The minion may, as a standard action, sacrifice itself to explode.
    In addition, intimidation attempts made by a tyrant do not cause the target to default to unfriendly or hostile after the tyrant leaves the target's presence.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A tyrant may now summon a more substantial minion, a henchman. Treat the henchman as a cohort of half the tyrant's class level, though it must be a humanoid that the tyrant is capable of summoning as a minion. Summoning a henchman takes one minute of uninterrupted concentration, after which it appears in the closest unoccupied square to the tyrant. A tyrant may only have one henchman at any one time, but the henchman remains until dismissed or killed. Commanding or dismissing a henchman may be done as a free action. While a henchman is summoned, a tyrant may not summon minions, and any minions in play are dismissed. If a henchman is reduced to 0 hit points, it is dismissed and a tyrant may not summon it again until the next day. In addition, a tyrant's minions gain bonus hit points equal to the tyrant's Charisma modifier (if positive).
    Greater Archetype Power: As long as a tyrant has a living minion or henchman within 10', the tyrant may choose to redirect any melee or ranged attacks directed against him to his minions or henchman instead. In addition, all minions and henchmen receive the tyrant's Charisma modifier as a morale bonus to armor class and Will saves.

Warchief

Lesser Archetype Power: On his turn, before making any attack rolls for the round, a warchief may choose to subtract a number from all melee attack rolls. That same number is added to the attack rolls and weapon damage rolls of all allies within 5'. This number may not exceed the warchief's base attack bonus. The penalty and bonuses remain until the warchief's next turn.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Whenever a warchief makes an attack of opportunity against an opponent, any number of allies up to his Charisma modifier (if positive) who threaten that opponent may also make an attack of opportunity against it.
    Greater Archetype Power: Upon successfully demoralizing an opponent, the penalties inflicted by the warchief are equal to his Charisma modifier or -2, whichever is lower. This is a morale penalty and does not stack.

Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Finished a few more
    Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Poet
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Skills - changed "Knowledge (all)" to "Knowledge (any; taken individually)"
    • Eye of Newt - minor wording change
    • Once More Unto the Breach - changed to "Into", specifed 50% "of his max" hit points
    • A Charmed Life - specified "natural" one
    • Full of Sound and Fury - slight wording edit

• Banshee
      • Lesser - specified emanation, changed "HD" to "class level"
      • Moderate - slight rewording, gave the deafness a duration
      • Greater - changed "HD" to "class level"

• Bravado
      • Lesser - specified as Two-Weapon Fighting, specified "weapon" damage, slight rewording
      • Moderate - slight rewording

• Doomsinger
      • Lesser - added penalty type
      • Moderate - specified "weapon" attacks

• Skald

• Trickster
      • Lesser - added penalty type
      • Modeate - reworded
      • Greater - changed "HD" to "class level", reworded slightly

The Sage
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Skills - changed "Knowledge (all)" to "Knowledge (any; taken individually)"
    • Archetype Power - clarification
    • Encyclopedic Knowledge - specified Knowledge skill, made ability optional
    • Find the Gap - specified "identified" creature
    • Twist the Knife - specified "identified" creature
    • Stay the Hand - specified "identified" creature
    • Targeted Strike - rewritten for clarity
    • Arms - reworded, limited to single pair of arms
    • Eyes - reworded
    • Head - reworded
    • Legs - added rounding and restricted Overrun
    • Find the Flaw - Reworded

• Anatomist
      • Lesser - specified "weapon", removed "precision"
      • Moderate - specified as the keen enhancement
      • Greater - various clarifications

• Investigator
      • Lesser - Created an ability for the missing ability (see below).
      • Moderate - Moved lesser ability here, modified darkvision bonus
      • Greater - Moved moderate ability here, reworded, made see invisibility a supernatural power

• Monster Hunter
      • Lesser - slight wording change
      • Moderate - slight wording change, added a DC
      • Greater - wording changes

• Occultist
      • Lesser - slight rewording, specified "class" level
      • Greater - minor edit

• Tutor
      • Moderate - Changed "Every 24 hours" to "Once per day", specified that the original feat is lost
      • Greater - Changed "applied to all allies" to "shared with all allies"

The Scoundrel
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Skills - changed a period to a comma
    • Sneak Attack - reworded
    • Underhanded Tactics - specified attack "rolls", slight wording change
    • Close Shave - changed "move action" to "move up to his base land speed"

• Charlatan
      • No changes... Ideas ran out on this one. I may return to it later.

• Phantom
      • Greater - added cover in addition to shadow.

• Silencer
      • Lesser - specified as Poison Use ability, slight edits
      • Moderate - wording change
      • Greater - clarification, added penalty type

• Thief-Acrobat
      • Moderate - changed "stressed or endangered" to "threatened or distracted" to match wording of skill use rules, reworded running start ability, changed falling damage from 60' to 10' per class level.
      • Greater - changed "moving" to "movement"

Poet, Sage, and Scoundrel
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Poet

Spoiler
    Show

Class Skills: Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (any; taken individually), Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Speak Language, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|0|1|2
    1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Archetype Power (Lesser), Eye of Newt, Inspiration|2|-|-
    2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|The Food of Love|2|-|-
    3rd|+2|+1|+3|+3|Archetype Power (Moderate)|3|0|-
    4th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Once More Unto the Breach|3|1|-
    5th|+3|+1|+4|+4|A Charmed Life|3|3|0
    6th|+4|+2|+5|+5|Archetype Power (Greater), Full of Sound and Fury|3|2|1[/table]

Proficiencies: The poet is proficient with light armor and shields (except tower shields). He is proficient with simple and martial weapons.

Archetype: At 1st level, the poet chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated in the class table. Once made, this choice is final.

Eye of Newt: The poet gains a limited ability to cast spells. He chooses two of the five mage classes (Black Mage, Blue Mage, Green Mage, Red Mage, and White Mage), and may use the spell lists of the two he chooses. This choice is permanent. He may not cast the bonus spells given by archetypes of the mage classes. These spells are considered arcane, and the poet need not prepare them beforehand. He may spontaneously cast any spell drawn from his two chosen lists. His sole casting stat is Charisma, which dictates both the DC of the spells and his daily bonus spells. To cast a spell, the poet must have a Charisma score equal to 10 + the spell level. The poet does not suffer from arcane spell failure while wearing light armor or equipped with a shield (except tower shields).

Inspiration: The poet gains the ability to use bardic music as a bard of his class level. He may use this ability a number of times per day equal to his class level plus his Charisma modifier. Unless otherwise noted, activating this ability (or others that require the expenditure of Inspiration) requires a standard action.

The Food of Love: The poet gains sonic resistance 5 and a +4 bonus on saves against effects that would deafen or silence him.

Once More Into the Breach: The poet may spend one use of his Inspiration to give all allies (including himself) within 30' fast healing 1. This lasts for as long as the poet concentrates, and five rounds after. At 6th level, this ability grants fast healing 2. This ability cannot heal any ally above 50% of his max hit points.

A Charmed Life: The poet can no longer roll a natural one on anything - if he does, he immediately gains a free reroll. He must abide by the results of the reroll, unless it is another natural one. In addition, anytime he rolls a natural twenty, he gains a +2 luck bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, armor class, saving throws, and skill checks for the next three rounds.

Full of Sound and Fury: Once per day, the poet may make use of one of the following abilities:
    - Concord of Sweet Sounds: The poet may use his Inspiration ability (or any other ability that requires the expenditure of Inspiration) without it counting against his daily limit. He may use this ability even if he has no uses of Inspiration left.
    - Let Slip the Dogs of War: If the poet makes a successful melee attack against an opponent, all allies who threaten that opponent may use an immediate action to make a single attack against that opponent at their highest attack bonus.
    - Out of the Jaws of Death: As an immediate action, the poet may target an ally within 30' who has 0 or fewer hitpoints to heal a number of hit points equal to his poet class level times his Charisma modifier (if positive).

Archetypes:

Banshee
    Lesser Archetype Power: A banshee may spend one use of her Inspiration ability to deal 1d6 sonic damage per class level to all opponents in a 15' radius emanation. A successful Fortitude save halves the damage (DC 10 + 1/2 the banshee's class level + the banshee's Charisma modifier). A banshee may only spend Inspiration in this way three times per day.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A banshee may spend two uses of her Inspiration ability to target one opponent who can hear the banshee. This ability does sonic damage equal to the banshee's Charisma modifier each round and deafens the opponent for the duration of this ability with no save. This ability lasts as long as the banshee concentrates. If desired, the banshee may instead use this ability against unattended objects, and the sonic damage ignores the object's hardness.
    Greater Archetype Power: Whenever a banshee uses the Inspiration ability from his lesser archetype power, affected opponents are stunned for one round unless they make a successful save (Will DC 10 + half the banshee's class level + the banshee's Charisma modifier).

Bravado

Lesser Archetype Power: The penalties a bravado receives for fighting with two weapons are lessened by 2 for both the primary and off hands as though he had the Two-Weapon Fighting feat. In addition, a bravado may spend one use of his Inspiration ability to give all allies (including himself) within 30' a 1d4 bonus on melee weapon damage rolls. The damage type dealt is the same as the base damage type of each ally's weapon. This bonus lasts for as long as the poet concentrates and for five rounds after. This bonus increases to 2d4 at 4th level and 3d4 at 6th level. A bravado may only use Inspiration in this way three times per day.
    Moderate Archetype Power: If an opponent misses the bravado with a melee attack, the bravado may immediately make an attack of opportunity against that opponent. In addition, a bravado may now also add his full Strength modifier to his off-hand attacks.
    Greater Archetype Power: As a swift action, a bravado may spend two uses of his Inspiration ability to enter a battle trance for a number of rounds equal to his Charisma modifier. While in a battle trance, his base land speed doubles and he gains the benefits of the Spring Attack feat.

Doomsinger

Lesser Archetype Power: A doomsinger may spend one use of his Inspiration ability to give all opponents within 30' a -1 morale penalty to all saves. This penalty lasts for as long as the poet concentrates and for five rounds after. This penalty increases to -2 at 4th level and -3 at 6th level. A doomsinger may only use Inspiration in this way three times per day.
    Moderate Archetype Power: All allies under the effects of a doomsinger's inspire courage ability do an additional 1d6 negative energy damage with all weapon attacks. At 6th level, the additional damage increases to 2d6.
    Greater Archetype Power: A doomsinger may spend two uses of his Inspiration ability to reanimate a corpse as a skeleton or a zombie. This ability only functions on corporeal creatures of up to 8 HD with skeletal structures. This ability lasts as long as the doomsinger concentrates and for five rounds after, after which the corpse falls dead, unable to be reanimated. The doomsinger may only animate one corpse at a time.

Skald

Lesser Archetype Power: A skald gains proficiency with medium armor (and may ignore arcane spell failure while wearing it) and becomes immune to fear. A skald may also spend one use of his Inspiration ability to give all allies within 30' a +2 morale bonus to AC. This bonus lasts as long as the poet concentrates and for five rounds after. This bonus increases to +3 at 4th level and +4 at 6th. A skald may only use Inspiration in this way three times per day.
    Moderate Archetype Power: The bonuses given by a skald's inspire courage ability increase by 1, and the bonus given by his inspire competence ability increases to +4.
    Greater Archetype Power: A skald may spend two uses of his Inspiration ability to inspire greatness as if he were a bard of 9th level. In addition, his inspire courage ability now grants immunity to fear.

Trickster

Lesser Archetype Power: A trickster may spend one use of his Inspiration ability to give all opponents within 30' a -1 morale penalty to attack rolls and armor class. This penalty lasts for as long as the poet concentrates and for five rounds after. This penalty increases to -2 at 4th level and -3 at 6th level. A trickster may only use Inspiration in this way three times per day.
    Moderate Archetype Power: If a trickster successfully denies an opponent its Dexterity bonus to armor class by feinting, one ally who threatens that opponent may use an immediate action to make a melee attack against it at his highest base attack bonus.
    Greater Archetype Power: Any opponents affected by a trickster's lesser archetype power must make a Will save the first round they are affected or become confused (Will DC 10 + half the trickster's class level + the trickster's Charisma modifier negates). If the opponent fails his save, he may make another save the following round. A creature that saves against this ability is immune to it for 24 hours.

The Sage

Spoiler
    Show

Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disguise, Forgery, Gather Information, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (any; taken individually), Listen, Perform, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Speak Language, Spellcraft, Spot, Use Magic Device

1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Archetype Power (Lesser), Encyclopedic Knowledge
    2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Gaze into the Abyss
    3rd|+2|+1|+1|+3|Archetype Power (Moderate)
    4th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Targeted Strike
    5th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Find the Flaw
    6th|+4|+2|+2|+5|Archetype Power (Greater), Pure Genius[/table]

Proficiencies: The sage is proficient with light armor, medium armor, and bucklers. He is proficient with simple weapons and one martial weapon of his choice.

Archetype Power: At 1st level, the sage chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated in the class table. Once made, this choice is final.

Encyclopedic Knowledge: If a sage successfully identifies a foe using a Knowledge skill check, he may tap into his stores of encyclopedic knowledge as a swift action, searching for some obscure fact that might confer a distinct advantage. He chooses one of the bonuses on the following list. Any bonuses given only last until the end of the encounter and only apply to the specific creature in question and any others of its exact kind (i.e., if the sage identifies a goblin, he gains the bonuses against all goblins in the encounter, but if a hobgoblin is present, he does not receive the bonus against it). A sage may only gain one bonus per encounter for each two class levels he has (minimum of one) - after reaching the maximum, he may not activate this ability again even if he successfully identifies another kind of foe in the same encounter. He may not gain multiple kinds of bonuses against one particular foe. If he identifies multiple kinds of foes at once, he may activate a bonus for each one successfully identified (provided that he does not exceed his maximum) as a single swift action.
    - Find the Gap: A sage gains a +1 insight bonus on all attack rolls against the identified creature and any others of its kind. For every ten points by which the sage's check result exceeds the base DC, this bonus increases by +1.
    - Twist the Knife: A sage deals an additional 1d6 damage against the identified creature and any others of its kind. This is considered precision damage but still deals half damage against creatures immune to critical hits. For every ten points by which the sage's check result exceeds the base DC, he deals an additional 1d6 damage.
    - Stay the Hand: A sage gains a +1 insight bonus to armor class and all saves against any attacks or abilities made by the identified creature and any others of its kind. For every ten points by which the sage's check result exceeds the base DC, the bonus increases by one.
    The sage also gains the bardic knowledge ability as if he were a bard of his sage class level and may make knowledge checks untrained.

Gaze into the Abyss: The sage becomes immune to fear and the sickened and nauseated conditions. He gains a bonus on saves against disease and poison equal to his Intelligence modifier.

Targeted Strike: Three times per encounter, a sage may use a standard action to make a targeted attack against an opponent. The sage adds his Intelligence modifier instead of his Strength modifier on this attack roll. If the attack deals damage, he may apply one of the effects below, but the target may make a save to negate the effect (DC 10+ 1/2 the sage's level + the sage's Intelligence modifier). Unless otherwise noted, the duration of the applied effect is equal to one half the sage's Intelligence modifier, rounded down (minimum 1). Creatures with indiscernible anatomies are immune to targeted strikes, as are any creatures that lack the proper organ (i.e., a creature with no eyes would be immune to a strike against the Eyes).
    - Arms: The target must make a Reflex save or drop whatever is in its hands and take a -4 penalty on all melee attacks for the duration of the strike. It is unable to use natural attacks of the affected limbs for the duration of the strike. If the target has more than one pair of arms, the strike affects only one pair.
    - Eyes: The target must make a Fortitude save or become dazzled and unable to use gaze attacks for the duration of the strike.
    - Head: The target must make a Will save or become confused and unable to use spell-like abilities for the duration of the strike.
    - Legs: The target must make a Reflex save or have its base land speed halved (rounded down to the nearest 5-foot increment) for the duration of the strike. It is also unable to use Trample, Pounce, Overrun, or any burrow, climb, or swim speeds for the duration of the strike.
    - Torso: The target must make a Fortitude save or be fatigued for the duration of the strike. It is unable to use any breath weapon for the duration of the strike. Creatures that do not breathe are immune to this strike.

Find the Flaw: Once per encounter as a swift action, a sage may target a single creature he has identified an opponent using his Encyclopedic Knowledge ability which is within 60' of the sage. For the next three rounds, the sage may ignore up to 10 points of damage reduction that opponent possesses.

Pure Genius: Once per day, the sage may make use of one of the following abilities:
    [INDENT]- Eureka: The sage may treat the result of any knowledge check as a natural twenty. He must announce that he is using this ability before he rolls.

Archetypes:

Anatomist

Lesser Archetype Power: An anatomist gains a bonus on all melee weapon damage rolls equal to his Intelligence modifier. The anatomist is able to discern anatomies on even the most confusing creatures, allowing him to do full damage against any creature.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Anytime an anatomist has a bonus from his Encyclopedic Knowledge ability, the critical threat range of any weapon he wields is treated as though it had the keen enhancement against the identified creature, and he gains a bonus to confirm critical hits against that creature equal to his Intelligence modifier.
    Greater Archetype Power: An anatomist's targeted strikes may be used on creatures normally immune to critical hits or with indiscernible anatomies. In addition, the anatomist may select the following additional organs:
    - Amygdala: The target must make a Will save or be shaken for the duration of the strike and may not use any fear or frightful presence abilities.
    - Inner Ear: The target must make a Will save or be deafened and unable to use Evasion or Improved Evasion for the duration of the strike.
    - Glossopharyngeal Nerve: The target must make a Fortitude save or be sickened and unable to use bite attacks or the Swallow Whole ability for the duration of the strike.
    - Subclavian Artery: The target must make a Fortitude save or be staggered for the duration of the strike, and any fast healing or regeneration is suppressed.

Investigator

Lesser Archetype Power: An investigator gains the Trapfinding ability and adds Disable Device and Open Lock to his class skills. He may also use the Search skill to look for and analyze clues. Clues are always physical objects or markings or some kind, such as a torn corner from a cloak, a tuft of hair, a bit of parchment, skid marks on the floor, etc. Clues can be found with a DC 10 Search check and analyzed with a Search check with DC 15 + 2 per day since clue was left behind (max 25). Successfully analyzing a clue reveals information about the clue that reveals who or what performed some significant action in the area. For example, examining a broach could reveal that it was torn from a green cloak and of a typical style worn by halflings, further examination might reveal a bit of orc hair caught in the clasp. This might lead the investigator to decide that the owner is a halfling who has been abducted by orcs. A failed roll to analyze a clue reveals flawed information. Perhaps the hair was found but misidentified as belonging to a hobgoblin rather than an orc or assumed to belong to a halfling.
    Moderate Archetype Power: An investigator is more inclined to use non-violent means to achieve his goals. When using his Encyclopedic Knowledge ability, he may instead grant himself a +2 bonus to all Intelligence-, Wisdom-, or Charisma-related checks against the identified creature. For every 10 by which the investigator's check result exceeds the base DC, these bonuses increase by +2. In addition, he gains darkvision out to 60' if he does not already possess it. If he already has darkvision, his darkvision range increases by 30'.
    Greater Archetype Power: An investigator may add his Intelligence modifier to all Strength- and Dexterity-related checks, as well as Spot and Listen checks. In addition, he gains continuous See Invisibility, as the spell, as a supernatural ability.

Monster Hunter

Lesser Archetype Power: By spending one minute butchering a fallen creature's corpse, a monster hunter can create a trophy that grants him a modified version of the ranger's Favored Enemy ability. He gains a +2 bonus to Bluff, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Sense Motive, and Survival checksagainst creatures of the same type as his trophy and a +2 bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls against such creatures. A monster hunter may only possess one trophy at a time; if he creates a new one, the old one becomes worthless.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Once per encounter, a monster hunter can brandish his trophy dramatically, showing the fate of all who oppose him. Any creature within 30' That is the same creature type as the creature from which the trophy was made must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the monster hunter's class level + his Charisma modifier) or be frightened for a number of rounds equal to the monster hunter's Intelligence modifier. Even if a creature makes the save, it is shaken for the same duration.
    Greater Archetype Power: By spending one minute butchering a creature's corpse, a monster hunter can create a relic that allows him to tap into some of that creature's power. When creating a relic, he may select one special attack or ability that the fallen creature possessed with an effective spell level that does not exceed three. By spending a standard action activating the relic, he may use that special ability himself. The attack is treated as if the original creature activated the ability in all respects except that the save DC, if applicable, is equal to 10 + 1/2 the monster hunter's level + the monster hunter's Intelligence modifier. After activating the relic, it disintegrates into worthless dust. For example, a monster hunter could create a relic from a medusa's corpse that would allow him to use the medusa's gaze attack. In addition, a monster hunter may now possess two trophies at once, and the bonuses he gains from them increase to +4. When using his moderate archetype power, both types of creatures are subject to the fear effect.

Occultist

Lesser Archetype Power: If an occultist is targeted by a hostile spell or spell-like ability, he may cast that exact spell on his next turn as a spell-like ability. The occultist may only cast spells with an effective spell level equal to or less than half his own level, rounded up (minimum of one). The caster level of any spell he casts is equal to the occultist's class level, and any save DC is equal to 10 + the spell's effective level + the occultist's Intelligence modifier. The occultist may not cast any spell that has a casting time of longer than a standard action or one that requires an XP cost or costly material components. If the spell does not target him specifically but he is included in its area of effect, he may still recast it.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Anytime an occultist is the target of a spell or is included in a spell's area, he gains fast healing equal to the spell's effective level for a number of rounds equal to his Intelligence modifier. Multiple instances do not stack - only the highest value applies.
    Greater Archetype Power: When using his lesser archetype power, an occultist may store up to three spells in his short-term memory for later casting. He may store a spell for a number of rounds equal to his Intelligence modifier. If he does not choose to cast the spell before that time, it dissipates from his mind. If he has currently reached his limit of three spells stored and is targeted with another that he wishes to store instead, he may choose to dismiss one of his stored spells from memory to make room for the new one.

Tutor

Lesser Archetype Power: The tutor may share any creature-identification bonus he receives from his Encyclopedic Knowledge ability with all allies within 30'. The bonus a tutor provides for aiding another or receives for being aided by another increases to +4.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A tutor gains a single bonus feat. He may share the benefits of this bonus feat with all allies within 30'. Once per day, he may choose to lose the selected feat to gain a different feat for which he qualifies.
    Greater Archetype Power: The bonuses received by a tutor's Find the Flaw ability may be shared with all allies within 30'

The Scoundrel

Spoiler
    Show

Class Skills: Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (dungeoneering), Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (local), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device, Use Rope
    Skill Points: 8 + Int per level (4x at 1st)

1st|+0|+0|+2|+0|Archetype Power (Lesser), Sneak Attack +1d6, Trapfinding
    2nd|+1|+0|+3|+0|Exit Strategy
    3rd|+2|+1|+3|+1|Archetype Power (Moderate), Sneak Attack +2d6
    4th|+3|+1|+4|+1|Underhanded Tactics
    5th|+3|+1|+4|+1|Critical Strike, Sneak Attack +3d6
    6th|+4|+2|+5|+2|Archetype Power (Greater), Close Shave[/table]

Proficiencies: The scoundrel is proficient with light armor and bucklers. He is proficient with simple weapons, the rapier, the longsword, the shortbow, the short sword, the sap, and the hand crossbow.

Archetype: At 1st level, the scoundrel chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated in the class table. Once made, this choice is final.

Sneak Attack: As the rogue ability, except that the scoundrel still deals half sneak attack damage to non-living creatures, ones without discernible anatomies, or ones immune to critical hits.

Trapfinding: As the rogue ability.

Exit Strategy: The scoundrel gains Evasion and Uncanny Dodge.

Underhanded Tactics: The scoundrel gains a +4 to attack rolls made while flanking, instead of the normal +2, and deals an additional point of damage per sneak attack die.

Critical Strike: If the scoundrel successfully sneak attacks an opponent who is completely unaware of his presence, the sneak attack damage is maximized.

A Dash of Rogue: Once per day, the scoundrel may make use of one of the following abilities:
    - Close Shave: As an immediate action, the scoundrel may negate a melee or ranged attack that would otherwise have brought him to 0 or negative hit points, as if the attack had missed. He may then immediately move up to his base land speed.

Archetypes:

Charlatan

Lesser Archetype Power:
    Moderate Archetype Power:
    Greater Archetype Power:

Phantom

Lesser Archetype Power: A phantom may move at full speed without penalty when hiding and may take 10 on Hide and Move Silently checks, even if stressed or endangered.
    Moderate Archetype Power: If a phantom is completely unobserved (allies excluded), he may become invisible for a number of rounds equal to his class level as a full round action. The invisibility ends if the phantom attacks any creature. This is a supernatural ability.
    Greater Archetype Power: A phantom gains a permanent 20% concealment and may hide in plain sight as long as there is some sort of shadow or cover within 10', excepting his own shadow.

Silencer

Lesser Archetype Power: A silencer gains the poison use ability. He is trained in the use of poison and never risks poisoning himself when applying it to a weapon. He may also apply poison as a swift action, does not provoke attacks of opportunity for doing so, and each application of poison lasts for two hits rather than being used up after only one.
    Moderate Archetype Power: The save DC of any poison used by a silencer is increased by 2. In addition, once per encounter, a silencer may force an opponent to reroll a save against one of his poisons. He may do this after the result of the first roll is announced, but must abide by the result of the second.
    Greater Archetype Power: A silencer becomes immune to poison, and may partially overcome an opponent's immunity to poison. Against opponents normally immune to poison, a silencer's poisons apply but with only with half the normal effect and with a -4 circumstance penalty to the save DC. Against such opponents, if the poison causes unconsciousness, sleep, or paralysis, it causes the dazed condition instead.

Thief-Acrobat

Lesser Archetype Power: A thief-acrobat gains an insight bonus to Balance, Climb, Jump, and Tumble checks equal to his class level. He also gains a base climb speed of 30' and need only move 10' to get a running start for Jump checks.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A thief-acrobat may take ten on all Balance, Climb, Jump, and Tumble checks, even if threatened or distracted. He is also as always having running start when jumping and may ignore up to 10' of falling damage per class level.
    Greater Archetype Power: A thief-acrobat does not provoke attacks of opportunity for movement through an opponent's threatened area, and gains Improved Evasion.

Last edited by Rizban; 2013-02-19 at 05:04 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow! That's hefty. I'll take a detailed look when I can, but from an initial glance I like a lot of what you're doing here.

As something of a side note, I thought I'd ask a potentially divisive question: how would you feel if I cut down / consolidated some archetypes? Say, down to three per class? I feel like I stretched myself thin and I would prefer to have three solid archetypes rather than five where one or two are kind of crappy. While I'm sure there's probably plenty of options for everything, I feel I could make them stronger by differentiating them by ROLE, rather than by FLAVOR, which is what I've admittedly done so far.

As examples:

A black mage would have three archetypes: a SUMMONER archetype, a DEBUFFER archetype, and a BLASTER archetype.

Red mage: BLASTER, GISH, & BUFFER

Blue mage: CONTROLLER, UTILITY, & MOBILITY

White mage: HEALER, BUFFER, UTILITY

Green mage: SUMMONER, HEALER, BLASTER

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

yuk Re: Gnorman's Complete E6 Compendium

Wow! That's hefty. I'll take a detailed look when I can, but from an initial glance I like a lot of what you're doing here.

As something of a side note, I thought I'd ask a potentially divisive question: how would you feel if I cut down / consolidated some archetypes? Say, down to three per class? I feel like I stretched myself thin and I would prefer to have three solid archetypes rather than five where one or two are kind of crappy. While I'm sure there's probably plenty of options for everything, I feel I could make them stronger by differentiating them by ROLE, rather than by FLAVOR, which is what I've admittedly done so far.

As examples:

A black mage would have three archetypes: a SUMMONER archetype, a DEBUFFER archetype, and a BLASTER archetype.

Red mage: BLASTER, GISH, & BUFFER

Blue mage: CONTROLLER, UTILITY, & MOBILITY

White mage: HEALER, BUFFER, UTILITY

Green mage: SUMMONER, HEALER, BLASTER
    That might not be a bad idea for the mage classes, and admittedly something I'd like for you to decide before I go through the trouble of editing all of them.

I would leave it at 4 for the combat classes though, as most of them are different enough to be worthwhile. I'll post my thoughts on what could be dropped or merged (obviously dropping some abilities of each).

Brawler, 4 Archetypes: Breathstealer (Grappler), Bruiser (overcomes DR), Cenobite (Paladinish monky thing), Ravager (unarmed barbarian)

Gladiator, 5 Archetypes: Brute (Barbarian), Master at Arms (single weapon master), Pit Fighter (AoO focus), Rage Magus (Barbarian + Casting), Vindicator (Ranger lite)

Hunter, 5 Archetypes: Beastmaster (companion focus), Peltast (thrown weapons), Sniper (stealth), Stalker (Ranger Lite), Warden (caster)

Sentinel, 4 Archetypes: Bastion (provide concealment), Juggernaut (bullrush/overrun focus), Landsknecht (area control/lockdown), Praetorian (provide defense + AoOs)

Zealot, 4 Archetypes: Cavalier (mount focus), Initiate (caster), Reaver (killing blows and debuffs), Templar (antimagic)

Engineer, 5 Archetypes: Cannoneer (ranged attacks), Innovator (creative invention use), Machinst (become a construct), Sawbones (secondary healer), Tinker (companion focus)

Noble, 4 Archetypes: Dilettante (Versatile leader), Duelist (melee leader), Patrician (Diplomacy focus), Tyrant (sacrificing minions)

Poet, 5 Archetypes: Banshee (sonic "voice" damage), Bravado (melee bard), Doomsinger (debuffer), Skald (armored Inspiration focus), Trickster (different debuffer)

Sage, 5 Archetypes: Anatomist (Knoweldge focus), Investigator (Search/discovery focus), Monster Hunter (killing stuff), Occultist (spell casting), Tutor (giving allies skills and feats)

Scoundrel, 4 Archetypes: Charlatan (???), Phantom (stealth), Silencer (poison use), Thief-Arcobat (movement skill focus)

1As I said, I'd really suggest 4 archetypes per class on the non-mage classes at least. That stated, I make the following observations.

Brawler
    Spoiler
    Show

Breathstealer is likely the most limited Brawler archetype, and grappling usually begins to lose effectiveness around level 4; however, it seems to have enough bonuses to be worth taking. Still a one trick pony.

Cenobite really doesn't seem to fit well with the other Brawler archetypes. Its abilities just seem too different, if that makes sense. Perhaps rewriting it to have a little more of a monk feel than a paladin feel would fix it. A secondary healer who gains blindsight and spell resistance seems out of place on a chassis that's all about running around punching things. I have some ideas, but I'll save those for later.

Bruiser and Ravager would be the easiest to merge into a single class, though they are different enough to still be worth keeping. Bruiser is all about breaking DR and Ravager is about tearing things apart with extra attacks.

Gladiator
    Spoiler
    Show

Brute is the barbarian rage monster, definitely a keeper. It's mostly unique among the classes and archetypes.

Master At Arms, the most versatile of the Gladiators, able to change his chosen weapons when needed. I don't see any problems with this one either.

Pit Fighter seems a little overly specialized like the Breathstealer; however, he's limited in that he can't force his abilities and relies entirely on his opponents to provoke him. Good when paired with certain other class/archetype combos but still pretty limited. I'd suggest maybe some sort of goad ability at first level that requires a will save or provoke AoOs.

Rage Magus is a barbarian caster. I wrote this archetype based on the given name and the fact that it's a caster. I tried to make him a caster + barbarian + duskblade but am not sure how well it meshes. Still, it seems appropriate for what I expected of the concept. In my opinion, however, I would have liked to have seen more of a duskblade concept than a barbarian spellcaster and feel that would better fit the Gladiator theme. I'm fine with scrapping this class and writing it differently.

Vindicator seems the least thought out of the Gladiator archetypes. It has a favored enemy focus but doesn't do anything worthwhile with it. I would personally suggest dropping this archetype entirely and adding some of its abilities to the favored enemy focused archetype of the Hunter.

Hunter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beastmaster seems perfect for the Hunter archetype, fitting in with the animal focus strongly.

Peltast was the one I felt was the odd man out of this group. I understand the reason for including it in the Hunter due to the chassis focus on ranged weapons, but it just doesn't feel like a Hunter to me. I really don't have a problem with it mechanically, but thematically, it's the one I'd vote to drop.

Sniper is the quintessential huntsman. Great for the Hunter chassis with effective abilities, though the Greater Power seems a little meh for a capstone.

Stalker, again the Favored Enemy archetype is my least favored archetype. It just doesn't do anything with FE, though the trap boost is nice. It's capstone is decidedly meh. I strongly suggest moving the Vindicator abilities here with some modifications to both ability sets during the merger. If merging abilities isn't a viable option, this is the one I would drop, keeping Peltast.

Warden, another archetype I wrote. I tried to do a "variant" to the beastmaster. Where that one focuses on a single strong animal to defend him, I felt that the Warden would be the opposite of that. The Warden is the one defending the animals of the natural world and has natural ties that give him spellcasting and communion with nature.

Sentinel
    Spoiler
    Show

Bastion seems like the most useless of the Sentinel archetypes. The archetype's only real ability is granting an ally concealment, which is easily done by allowing an ally to stand behind your tower shield. I also think it odd that the one named after an artillery fortification is only good for giving a miss chance and the ability to hide. If anything, I would drop this archetype or almost completely rewrite it. Only the Moderate ability is worth having.

Juggernaut is perfect. He's the big guy on the field who guards his allies and throws the enemy around. My only suggestion is to have a minor overrun bonus in the Moderate or Greater Power after mentioning it in the Lesser one.

Landsknecht is the only martial lockdown build of the bunch and generally pretty good. I tried to make it a bit better at that focus when I added the Greater Power. Overall, I like this archetype best of the Sentinels.

Praetorian, like Bastion, is rather limited in scope, focused strongly on defense. It is great when paired with a Gladiator/Pit Fighter, but it otherwise seems to have little to do other than stand there and give more AC and AoOs to other party members.

Zealot
    Spoiler
    Show

Cavalier is the stereotypical mounted paladin. You have to have that one, and it seems to work. This is one of my favorite character concepts, so I, of course, like the archetype.

The Initiate is the divine channel and perfectly fits the theme of the zealot class.

Reaver is the one that seemed the most odd to me. With the zealot chassis obviously tilted towards Good, having an archetype that seems to skew toward Evil and focus on debuffs seemed slightly out of place. The chassis just doesn't seem to really offer any real support to this archetype. I'm really not sure what to do with this one.

Templar was the most unexpected archetype for Zealot to me. I have to admit though that I think it's great. A magic breaker seems perfect to the chassis and is a really nice variation in theme that just works.

Engineer
    Spoiler
    Show

Cannoneer is probably my least favorite of the Engineer archetypes. While I see how it fits, the Hunter is the ranged expert class. Still, this is a good archetype to have as it really complements the Engineer chassis.

Innovator is definitely my favorite. While it puts a lot of work in the individual DM's hands, the ability to come up with new, interesting invention combinations is too cool to pass up.

Machinist leaves me with the most concern. While thematically appropriate in some ways, having an ability that depends entirely on having access to a non-srd, setting specific feat gives me pause. Additionally, it seems rather out of place if a setting does not contain warforged. The Moderate power is great, however, and I'd hate to lose it. Still, if an archetype is to be dropped, this would be my vote.

Sawbones is clearly a secondary healer archetype with some oomph. It's a great party support archetype and keeps some of the pressure off of the primary healer. I would have liked to have seen it play a little more into the healer role, perhaps by increasing the effect of healing inventions or giving them additional doses. This could allow the sawbones to take over the role of primary healer and give a potential for a more diverse party make up.

Tinker is all about the robot ally. I'm not a big fan of the Moderate Power, but this is otherwise a great archetype. A semi-expendable "meat" shield is always beneficial to the party, especially when its specific abilities can be customized. Overall, probably the Engineer archetype most able to go solo.

Noble
    Spoiler
    Show

Dilettante is what I expected out of the Noble class, a variety of ability options without really being able to excel in any one of them. It's a good archetype that is able to fill a party role in a pinch but is probably not a great primary choice for a character.

Duelist gives me pause. It's definitely an Int based melee character, but I'm not entirely sure it has what it takes to be a primary fighter. I would probably swap around the AoO Lesser Power and the chosen foe Moderate Power, allowing him to be a little more effective at 1st and 2nd level. The feint ability at Greater seems to come out of nowhere and be a bit situational. He should probably also add his Int mod to feint attempts, if for no reason other than to continue the Int focus of the archetype rather than suddenly switching to Cha. The duelist really seems like it would be better suited to a chassis other than Noble.

Patrician, the diplomancer. Not much to say about it. There's always a diplomancer of some sort.

Tyrant: Sacrificing minions. Is there any problem it doesn't solve? My only concern is the Moderate Power. There really should be some stronger rules on the henchman, what, if any, class levels he has for one thing. Additionally, the henchman seems like a drawback in most circumstances, as you lose all your minions (which take a full-round action each to bring back).

Warchief seems perfectly suited to the Noble, leading the minions from the front lines. While not exactly how I would have done the archetype, it seems to work well for the class.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2013-02-19 at 06:06 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List