New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gnorman's Complete E6 Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorman View Post
    Yeaaahh... I should put a cap on that.
    To be fair, it requires all your resources being devoted to it and you can still only make one item per day. Plus it requires genie cheese. And also 200 phant's luckstones.

EDIT: I mean it just wouldn't be D&D without someway to break the system.
    Last edited by Mithril Leaf; 2013-03-24 at 11:38 PM.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks! The archetype looks good, though I think the moderate ability could use some clarification (can you put ranged-only enhancements on ammunition? I thought you could only put them on the bow/sling/whatever). I might tone it down to just Flaming, Frost, and Shock myself.
    Yeah rereading it now it does need some clarification. A clause that makes the arrows disappear a round after it leaves your possession. I'm not entirely sure about the ranged-only rules, I was under the impression that they could be, but I don't think it matters that much. As for reducing it to just Flame, Frost, Shock I'd like for them to have a little more to do than just add damage. Seeking and Spell Storing were specifically nods to the original arcane archer (as was the arrow storm capstone SLA). I wanted to add merciful and ghost touch to expand their target range a little. Screaming and corrosive can be dropped though, as can distance and revealing. Sooooo.... revised version:

Moderate Archetype Power: You may conjure an arrow of pure arcane energy as a free action that can be fired from any bow. These arrows have a +1 enhancement bonus. For each arrow you create, you may choose additional weapon abilities. As often as you’d like, you may choose Flaming, Frost, Shock, Merciful, Seeking, Spell Storing, or Ghost Touch. At level 6 you may choose two of the previous abilities. Any arrow created by this ability disappears 1 round after it leaves your possession.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities... Quickly please, before they are out of range."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!!"

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    To be fair, it requires all your resources being devoted to it and you can still only make one item per day. Plus it requires genie cheese. And also 200 phant's luckstones.

EDIT: I mean it just wouldn't be D&D without someway to break the system.
    Well, I shall sleep better at night knowing that the trick will probably only appeal to the direst of the dire cheeseweasels.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkweave31 View Post
    Yeah rereading it now it does need some clarification. A clause that makes the arrows disappear a round after it leaves your possession. I'm not entirely sure about the ranged-only rules, I was under the impression that they could be, but I don't think it matters that much. As for reducing it to just Flame, Frost, Shock I'd like for them to have a little more to do than just add damage. Seeking and Spell Storing were specifically nods to the original arcane archer (as was the arrow storm capstone SLA). I wanted to add merciful and ghost touch to expand their target range a little. Screaming and corrosive can be dropped though, as can distance and revealing. Sooooo.... revised version:

Moderate Archetype Power: You may conjure an arrow of pure arcane energy as a free action that can be fired from any bow. These arrows have a +1 enhancement bonus. For each arrow you create, you may choose additional weapon abilities. As often as you’d like, you may choose Flaming, Frost, Shock, Merciful, Seeking, Spell Storing, or Ghost Touch. At level 6 you may choose two of the previous abilities. Any arrow created by this ability disappears 1 round after it leaves your possession.
    Looks better. You're right; it should have more than just the classic elemental trifecta. Generally, I try to hew as close to core as possible (not always, though), so I had a bit of a kneejerk reaction against corrosive/screaming. I do like the idea behind the archetype and agree that the Red Mage could use a little role expansion.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Firbolg in the Playground

So what about commoners in your game...

You could just keep them the same as in the DMG. But then they'd be missing out on housecat immunity. I guess you could say that they take the peasant class with no archentype.
    Since, ya know, you are totally going to be seeing a lot of 6th level commoners

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Something I've noticed is that there are very few ways to make full-BAB ranged characters. The Hunter is pretty much the only one, and that comes with the usual nature fluff. Also, is there a particular reason for the Sage's strikes to be restricted to melee attacks?
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    So what about commoners in your game...

You could just keep them the same as in the DMG. But then they'd be missing out on housecat immunity. I guess you could say that they take the peasant class with no archentype.
    Since, ya know, you are totally going to be seeing a lot of 6th level commoners
    That's probably the best way to handle it, seeing as how commoners are usually defined by their LACK of abilities. Still, they can't be killed my cats so easily and they can defend their home in a pinch. Perhaps something chicken-related?

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    Something I've noticed is that there are very few ways to make full-BAB ranged characters. The Hunter is pretty much the only one, and that comes with the usual nature fluff. Also, is there a particular reason for the Sage's strikes to be restricted to melee attacks?
    You know, that's a good point (though outside of the animal companion and the skill list I don't think the Hunter is very nature-themed). Maybe a Gladiator archetype? I've been meaning to replace the Rage Magus or the Vindicator. Though Unorthodox Maneuvers might need some editing to make it work - maybe an "Arrow Storm" ability that targets multiple squares, or a "Penetrating Shot" of some kind?

Let me play Gladius again and get back to you - it's where I took most of my inspiration for the combat abilities.

The only reason the Sage is restricted to melee attacks is that it was kind of vaguely a "martial arts" thing. But that's not necessary by any means. A ranged Sage could be pretty cool! All firing crossbow bolts into eyes.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hi Gnorman :)
    Congratulations for your splendid work
    I really like all the classes, but there is one thing I feel missing - a rogue/ranger type character
    In your E6 Ranger is a combat type called "Hunter", with 5 archetypes. None of them, however, has a really rogueish/melee assassin flavour (with sneak attack and all)
    On the other side, the skilled type "Scoundrel" has 5 archetypes, none of them has a definite rangerish (or urban-ranger) flavour.
    This would mean that the only way to achieve a clearly defined ranger/rogue would be to multiclass, which would unfortunately create a subpar character compared to pure classes, due to the class features distribution that puts the best powers at the end encouraging single class advancement.
    Do you think you'll ever make a dedicated hybrid somehow?

PS: Duskblade also I feel lacks a complete representation in this system. Not that it's necessary, but it would be nice to see a full BaB class with spells and his iconic features like spell channeling and reduced arcane failure chance

thank tou for your time
    Last edited by D@rK-SePHiRoTH-; 2013-05-05 at 09:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Firbolg in the Playground

For the Peasant NPC class, you list that the lesser archetype power is gained at first level. However, under the Expert:
    Expert
    Lesser: An expert may choose ten skills. These skills are forever treated as class skills. In addition, the expert's skills points per level increases to six - this change is retroactive and so gives the appropriate bonuses for past, present, and future levels. The expert also gains proficiency with light armor and simple weapons.
    Moderate: An expert may take 10 on the ten skills he chose at 2nd level, even if distracted or endangered.
    Greater: When an expert takes 20 on any skill, he adds a +5 competence bonus to the final result. In addition, when taking 10 on a check, he treats the result of the roll as a 15 instead.
    The lesser and moderate powers indicate that the lesser archetype power is gained at second level...

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

For the Peasant NPC class, you list that the lesser archetype power is gained at first level. However, under the Expert:

The lesser and moderate powers indicate that the lesser archetype power is gained at second level...
    It used to be that lesser was at 2, moderate was at 4, and greater was at 6. Relic that hasn't been changed yet.
    LGBTA+itP

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D@rK-SePHiRoTH- View Post
    Hi Gnorman :)
    Congratulations for your splendid work
    I really like all the classes, but there is one thing I feel missing - a rogue/ranger type character
    In your E6 Ranger is a combat type called "Hunter", with 5 archetypes. None of them, however, has a really rogueish/melee assassin flavour (with sneak attack and all)
    On the other side, the skilled type "Scoundrel" has 5 archetypes, none of them has a definite rangerish (or urban-ranger) flavour.
    This would mean that the only way to achieve a clearly defined ranger/rogue would be to multiclass, which would unfortunately create a subpar character compared to pure classes, due to the class features distribution that puts the best powers at the end encouraging single class advancement.
    Do you think you'll ever make a dedicated hybrid somehow?

PS: Duskblade also I feel lacks a complete representation in this system. Not that it's necessary, but it would be nice to see a full BaB class with spells and his iconic features like spell channeling and reduced arcane failure chance

thank tou for your time
    I am hoping to revamp quite a few archetypes. An urban-themed hunter, a wilderness-themed scoundrel, and a combat-focused red mage are possibilities. I will certainly take your comments under consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    It used to be that lesser was at 2, moderate was at 4, and greater was at 6. Relic that hasn't been changed yet.
    Eldest is correct - it was a holdover that I missed. It has been fixed.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey Gnorman! This is all very awesome, as you probably already know.

I have a few questions:

- Personally I think the human trait of changing skill points every day is too complicated (changing class skills is fine). Also, it doesn't fit what we know from humans... as far as my experience tells me, humans might have more feats and skills than semi humans. I don't know any semi human, so it does seem believeable that they have less skills than us. But I know a lot of humans (including some 6th level ones) and none of them can change their skills after a night of sleep... so intead of thinking of something real humans don't have, shouldn't we be thinking of something real humans do have, and maybe fantastic sapient species don't?

- How balanced do you think your casters are compared to skilled and fighting types? I ask because I'm writing a Spell Point system for E6. Spell points are usually a buff to casters, but the way I'm doing it I think it may be a nerf. Would a mild nerf kill your casters?
    Last edited by Mighty_Chicken; 2013-06-04 at 12:20 PM.
    bock!

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey there Gnorman, I just noticed that DMofDarkness forgot to properly change the text when he copied the changeling's ability over for the fae warlock.

Moderate Archetype Power: The Fae Warlock is able to subtly change their appearance, shifting forms to whatever suits their whims. They have the supernatural ability to alter their appearance as a full-round action as if using a Disguise Self spell that affects their bodies but not their possessions. This ability is not an illusory effect, but a minor physical alteration of a changeling's facial features, skin color or texture, and size, within the limits given for the spell. The Fae Warlock can use this ability at will, and it lasts until the shape is changed again. A Fae Warlock reverts to its natural form when killed. True Seeing reveals its true form. When using this to create a disguise, a changeling receives a +10 circumstance bonus on the check.
    I also have a question about the Energetic Efficiency of The Kinetic.

Energetic Efficiency: At 5th level, the kinetic reduces the extra power point cost associated with metapsionic feats by 2, to a minimum of 0.
    Now, if you have a second focus and apply two metapsionics to a single power, would it reduce the cost of each by two or just remove two from the final cost?

Also, does inspiration count as "The Bardic Music Class Feature" for feats that want such?
    Last edited by Mithril Leaf; 2013-06-06 at 10:19 AM.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I think this needs more horseys. So here's a sentinel archetype. It does not get a special mount or anything, but I'm thinking that with these abilities, a normal mount that you can buy is survivable enough. Also a gladiator archetype (which might also work for a horse archer build).

Sentinel Archetype

Spoiler
    Show
    Cataphract

Lesser Archetype Power: The Cataphract gains Mounted Combat as a bonus feat. In addition, if the Cataphract is wielding a shield, the mount also gains the shield bonus.

Moderate Archetype Power: Whenever the Cataphract's mount is under the effects of the Cataphract's warding ability, the mount may automatically avoid provoking one attack of opportunity each round.

Greater Archetype Power: The Cataphract may reroll any ride check made to negate a hit to the cataphract's mount.

Gladiator Archetype

Spoiler
    Show
    Lancer

Lesser Archetype Power: The Lancer gains Mounted Combat as a bonus feat, and Ride as a class skill. Any mount the Lancer is riding gains a +5 bonus to its land speed for every two levers the Lancer has, rounded up.

Moderate Archetype Power: Any mount the lancer is riding may move over difficult terrain without having its movement hampered. In addition, whenever a mount the lancer is riding moves at least 30ft, it gains a +2 dodge bonus to armor class.

Greater Archetype Power: The lancer may take ten on any ride check, even when in combat.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2013-06-12 at 06:26 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay! School is over for the summer, and now I have time to work on the project. Any requests while I'm here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Chicken View Post
    Hey Gnorman! This is all very awesome, as you probably already know.

I have a few questions:

- Personally I think the human trait of changing skill points every day is too complicated (changing class skills is fine). Also, it doesn't fit what we know from humans... as far as my experience tells me, humans might have more feats and skills than semi humans. I don't know any semi human, so it does seem believeable that they have less skills than us. But I know a lot of humans (including some 6th level ones) and none of them can change their skills after a night of sleep... so intead of thinking of something real humans don't have, shouldn't we be thinking of something real humans do have, and maybe fantastic sapient species don't?

- How balanced do you think your casters are compared to skilled and fighting types? I ask because I'm writing a Spell Point system for E6. Spell points are usually a buff to casters, but the way I'm doing it I think it may be a nerf. Would a mild nerf kill your casters?
    1. Don't have a great answer for you right now, but I'll think about your points. I wanted to have humans be the "Versatile" dudes so that might be why.

2. I would hope that the spellcasters are less powerful than normal wizards/clerics/druids etc. I don't think the spell point system would break them, what with the limited spell lists. Nor do I think it would be a nerf, since the transition from spontaneous fixed-list casters to spell point system is pretty minor.

Hey there Gnorman, I just noticed that DMofDarkness forgot to properly change the text when he copied the changeling's ability over for the fae warlock.

I also have a question about the Energetic Efficiency of The Kinetic.

Now, if you have a second focus and apply two metapsionics to a single power, would it reduce the cost of each by two or just remove two from the final cost?

Also, does inspiration count as "The Bardic Music Class Feature" for feats that want such?
    1. Ideally, the maximum it could reduce is two total. Even with Psicrystal Containment, I feel it might be a bit much.

2. It should.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    I think this needs more horseys. So here's a sentinel archetype. It does not get a special mount or anything, but I'm thinking that with these abilities, a normal mount that you can buy is survivable enough. Also a gladiator archetype (which might also work for a horse archer build).

Sentinel Archetype

Spoiler
    Show
    Cataphract

Lesser Archetype Power: The Cataphract gains Mounted Combat as a bonus feat. In addition, if the Cataphract is wielding a shield, the mount also gains the shield bonus.

Moderate Archetype Power: Whenever the Cataphract's mount is under the effects of the Cataphract's warding ability, the mount may automatically avoid provoking one attack of opportunity each round.

Greater Archetype Power: The Cataphract may reroll any ride check made to negate a hit to the cataphract's mount.

Gladiator Archetype

Spoiler
    Show
    Lancer

Lesser Archetype Power: The Lancer gains Mounted Combat as a bonus feat, and Ride as a class skill. Any mount the Lancer is riding gains a +5 bonus to its land speed for every two levers the Lancer has, rounded up.

Moderate Archetype Power: Any mount the lancer is riding may move over difficult terrain without having its movement hampered. In addition, whenever a mount the lancer is riding moves at least 30ft, it gains a +2 dodge bonus to armor class.

Greater Archetype Power: The lancer may take ten on any ride check, even when in combat.
    Cool stuff! I'll take a closer look when I'm less drunk.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

First, this is beautiful. I literally want to play each of those classes.

Question: Could the E6 classes be used in normal DnD? If the player multiclasses/prestige classes out at level 6?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

16. - Top - End - #466
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post

Question: Could the E6 classes be used in normal DnD? If the player multiclasses/prestige classes out at level 6?
    They're slightly overpowered compared to standard D&D classes, mostly because they get an ability every level and a powerful ability at 6th level.
    I make games.

"...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay! School is over for the summer, and now I have time to work on the project. Any requests while I'm here?
    Just wanted to let you know that some some forumites and I are going to running a game of E6 with just your classes and races. Since it's PbP you can follow it if you want, but we haven't started yet. Also that the Transcendent Esoteric is able to pull off a better version of Garryl's Casual Discern for the action economy because he gets 3rd level powers for 1 pp due to earth power requiring maintained focus.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I am also starting a game with these classes and races (though with other homebrew as well). The archetypes and race I posted on this thread were mostly for the setting I've made.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

* snip*

Cool stuff! I'll take a closer look when I'm less drunk.
    LOL! It is GOOD to be finished with finals!

Congratulations on finishing your One-L year! It gets easier!
    Last edited by SpaceBadger; 2013-06-26 at 12:02 AM.

20. - Top - End - #470

Hey this is great!

I got a question about the sentinel archetype Basiton. Does the effect of warding work for longer than one round? Is that the bonus? Really like the class.
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

Under the Red Sky Pathfinder e6

My homebrew:

Stormageddon's Pathfinder/E6... P6 Compendium

(PF) Mistborn, Allomancer

21. - Top - End - #471
    Barbarian in the Playground

I would like to say I really do love your stuff and am running a campaign based around your material, and I love all versions you've published.

I was looking at the Monster Classes you have posted, and I love them.

Except Rakshasa. It feels more like a Blue Mage archetype than a Red Mage archetype class, due to all it's spells being enchantment, all of the abilities being based around subtle shape changes and information gathering, and does nothing to help being a gish, like Red Mage sets out to be.

I'd say it makes sense for it to give +2 Int, +2 Cha, -2 Wis, and keep it as is, but change it's archetype base from Red to Blue.
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.

Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thomar_of_Uointer View Post
    They're slightly overpowered compared to standard D&D classes, mostly because they get an ability every level and a powerful ability at 6th level.
    What Thomar said. The casting classes are probably less stellar than the standard cleric/druid/sorcerer/wizard, if only because of the limited spell list. But then, the capstone 4th level spell may tip the scales. I toy with removing those sometimes. The non-casting classes range from slightly better than their core analogues (Hunter, Zealot) to much better (Gladiator, Brawler) to having no real analogue whatsoever (Sage, Noble, Engineer).

Just wanted to let you know that some some forumites and I are going to running a game of E6 with just your classes and races. Since it's PbP you can follow it if you want, but we haven't started yet. Also that the Transcendent Esoteric is able to pull off a better version of Garryl's Casual Discern for the action economy because he gets 3rd level powers for 1 pp due to earth power requiring maintained focus.
    I've been keeping an interested eye on the recruitment thread. As to the Transcendent interaction, I'll have to take a look. As I've said before, I don't have encyclopedic knowledge of all the various non-core feat interactions, so I count on contributors like yourself to point out when there might be volatile combinations. Thanks for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormageddon View Post
    Hey this is great!

I got a question about the sentinel archetype Basiton. Does the effect of warding work for longer than one round? Is that the bonus? Really like the class.
    Bastion does not extend the effects of warding beyond a round. The bonus is the concealment. That archetype is unfinished, and the Sentinel class itself is due for a makeover. It's high on my to-do list, as is touching up the Zealot. At this point, I'm unlikely to fiddle about with the casting classes, the Poet, or the Engineer (except for the Machinist archetype, whose setting-specific and non-core aspects I am not thrilled with), as I think they're pretty stable.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtravagantEvil View Post
    I would like to say I really do love your stuff and am running a campaign based around your material, and I love all versions you've published.

I was looking at the Monster Classes you have posted, and I love them.

Except Rakshasa. It feels more like a Blue Mage archetype than a Red Mage archetype class, due to all it's spells being enchantment, all of the abilities being based around subtle shape changes and information gathering, and does nothing to help being a gish, like Red Mage sets out to be.

I'd say it makes sense for it to give +2 Int, +2 Cha, -2 Wis, and keep it as is, but change it's archetype base from Red to Blue.
    Well, I understand your objection. It is more thematically a Blue Mage. As such, it runs at cross purposes with the base class. But I did this because I wanted to be something of a hybrid. Something that could be sneaky and smooth when disguised, but if found out, capable of holding its own in combat. I'm willing to take another look at it, though I admit that monster archetypes have languished at the bottom of my list for a while (I made them on a lark). My goal is first to shore up the main classes and their archetypes first, but when I get around to reexamining the Rakshasa I will take your comments under consideration.

EDIT: Made a very slight change to the Green Mage - characters with the reptilian or aquatic subtypes may now shift into the appropriate creatures (reptiles or fish) at 1st level. Lizardfolk green mages are no longer contractually bound to shift into wolves and eagles. This does make the Ophidian's moderate power less useful for them, until I come up with an appropriate bonus for "already being a reptile."

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

A light at the end of the tunnel! A thinly-veiled, extremely familiar, and quite unfinished light, but a light nonetheless.

The Automaton

• +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma
    • Medium size
    • 30' movement.
    • Construct type (living construct subtype)
    • Model: All automata select a model from the list below, which offer them different bonuses and abilities. This choice is permanent.
    • Plating
    • Resilience
    • Logic Matrix
    • Mechanical Aptitude
    • 3rd Level Ability
    • 6th Level Ability
    • +2 racial bonus to Disable Device and Knowledge (architecture and engineering) checks.
    • Automatic Languages: Common.
    • Favored Classes: Sentinel and engineer

Models

Adamantine
    • +2 Strength

Deep Crystal
    • +2 Intelligence

Ironwood
    • +2 Wisdom

Mithral
    • +2 Dexterity

A Dream of Metal (Optional Epic Destiny)
    Prerequisites: 6th-level character, twenty "epic" feats
    Benefits: At the DM's discretion, an automaton character that has reached epic status may gain this ability.

Personality:

Physical Description:

Relations:

Alignment:

Lands:

Language:

Names:

Adventurers:

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooo, new content

I'm wondering about the Sand Shaper Archetype for Red Mage. The boost to summons seems a bit out-of-place, since a Red Mage is more of a "do-it-yourself" combat caster. Perhaps he could have a swift action x/day to gain/grant concealment? I won't complain though, the class allows me to play a character I've been wanting to build without multiclassing and PrCs

Anyways, my group starts their Gnorman E6 run this tuesday, so that'll be fun

(So many options for so few levels, fantastic)
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

25. - Top - End - #475

Hey I've been very inspired by this project. I would like permission to make something similar as a pathfinder version P6? Using the archetype system to make multi classing less of a slam in the face.
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

My homebrew:

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

You aren't the first person to fork something off, so...

Nothing he can do to stop you.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

27. - Top - End - #477

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    You aren't the first person to fork something off, so...

Nothing he can do to stop you.
    Always nice to ask before borrowing. Ex specially when hard work gone into this project I admire.

My homebrew:

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

My philosophy on the subject is the same as it ever was - adapt and use any of my material as you see fit. That goes for everybody. After all, I'm adapting material created by someone else - it's only fair.

Ooo, new content

I'm wondering about the Sand Shaper Archetype for Red Mage. The boost to summons seems a bit out-of-place, since a Red Mage is more of a "do-it-yourself" combat caster. Perhaps he could have a swift action x/day to gain/grant concealment? I won't complain though, the class allows me to play a character I've been wanting to build without multiclassing and PrCs

Anyways, my group starts their Gnorman E6 run this tuesday, so that'll be fun

(So many options for so few levels, fantastic)
    I'm toying with chopping the Sand Shaper, since it's a bit too specific of a niche. What happens in an arctic campaign? Or adventure on the high seas? I may just file the serial numbers off and broaden some of the abilities. I'll keep your suggestion here in mind.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm toying with chopping the Sand Shaper, since it's a bit too specific of a niche. What happens in an arctic campaign? Or adventure on the high seas? I may just file the serial numbers off and broaden some of the abilities. I'll keep your suggestion here in mind.
    Artic: Replace all mention of sand with snow. Fire with cold. And swap out capstone.
    High Seas: Sand swapped for mist. Fire with... hm, electricity. Swap out capstone.

Bringing this up because I like the Sand Shaper, I think it's a good addition that's more utility than combat and I like that. (mind you, it can be utility in combat too. And it's a red mage, so you get to burn all the things.)

Edit: Though upon looking at the archtypes, I would suggest changing the name of the Chaos Child. Doesn't seem to fit with polymorph, I view it as more of the prismatic spells "roll and apply x effect" style stuff. Which, mind you, might not make for a bad archtype.

Edit The Second: A short list of things that need to be done on archtypes that're mostly finished, before considering balance and stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cenobite need a greater ability.
    Rage Magus needs to have some idea of details.
    Warden needs the same as Rage Magus.
    Bastion needs a moderate ability.
    Landsknecht needs a greater ability.
    Cavalier: lesser.
    Investigator: greater
    Charlatan: All powers.
    Champion: moderate
    Divine Executioner: moderate and greater
    Last edited by Eldest; 2013-08-05 at 03:41 AM.
    LGBTA+itP

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I can see making the fluff a bit more mutable. But honestly, you can usually leave that sort of thing up to DMs. That's one of the reasons it works well for your classes to not have heavy fluff, it leaves them open to interpretation.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~