New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gnorman's Complete E6 Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tumnus View Post
    Could have sworn that at one point a number of these classes gained martial maneuvers and stances ala tome of battle. Was there a massive change made to the compendium recently?
    Those archetypes can still be found in the Alternative Classes post under Initiator Archetypes. I believe that they were removed due to the reason Eldest gave above, to make the compendium a bit easier to use.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Actana View Post
    Those archetypes can still be found in the Alternative Classes post under Initiator Archetypes. I believe that they were removed due to the reason Eldest gave above, to make the compendium a bit easier to use.
    They were removed for two reasons: (1) as Eldest said, to promote accessibility by removing non-SRD content, and (2) because the initiator archetypes were so far and away BETTER than the other archetypes that there really was no reason to take anything else. They are preserved for posterity under the Alternate Classes post, but were kind of hidden at the bottom. I've made the title easier to see.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, Gnorman. The sawbone archetype of the engineer is fun.

4. - Top - End - #544

AssassinGuy

I have a question about the Warden archetype for the Hunter. It says how many spells per day it gets but now what spells it knows and/or what list it casts from. Sorry if it's in one of these pages, it's just hard to read through pages of forum on a phone.

My player profile.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnDarkblade View Post
    I have a question about the Warden archetype for the Hunter. It says how many spells per day it gets but now what spells it knows and/or what list it casts from. Sorry if it's in one of these pages, it's just hard to read through pages of forum on a phone.
    The Warden archetype is FAR from complete, and likely to be axed in upcoming revisions. But it is intended to draw from the Green Mage list.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

New to this thread, but liking much of what I see.

Human: Not liking how they change skills every 24 hours. At least not across the board. I don't see it work all human characters, and they shouldn't be able to "forget" a skill entirely, or suddenly "master" one (ie: can't suddenly not have any Profession ranks, when they can suddenly play a heck of a Lute), they shouldn't be able to reduce a skill to less than 1 rank.

Hyborean: I like the idea of an offensive Blue mage. They need some kind of blunt offense archetype, though I understand the idea is to go with the idea of the M:tG Blue mages. That said, I'm sure Blue has ice in it...

Also: have you thought of a Disenchanting Blue Mage? I know they already have Dispel Magic, but are there other spells that they could have? Also, I'm thinking Shield is as reasonable as Mage Armor, if only because of the idea of a floating Aegis protecting them from harm. It's a spell of defense!

I'd love to play a game based on M:tG, and this is the best attempt at creating a system that would work for that I've seen. Great job!

I didn't read the entire thread, but has anyone done a serious Gnorman M:tG game?
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Spoiler: DON'T LOOK! IT'S A TRAP!
    Show
    Spoiler: DON'T DO IT!
    Show
    Spoiler: LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!!!
    Show

Awwwwww, that's just... Well, I did warn you.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fireinthedust View Post
    New to this thread, but liking much of what I see.

Human: Not liking how they change skills every 24 hours. At least not across the board. I don't see it work all human characters, and they shouldn't be able to "forget" a skill entirely, or suddenly "master" one (ie: can't suddenly not have any Profession ranks, when they can suddenly play a heck of a Lute), they shouldn't be able to reduce a skill to less than 1 rank.

Hyborean: I like the idea of an offensive Blue mage. They need some kind of blunt offense archetype, though I understand the idea is to go with the idea of the M:tG Blue mages. That said, I'm sure Blue has ice in it...

Also: have you thought of a Disenchanting Blue Mage? I know they already have Dispel Magic, but are there other spells that they could have? Also, I'm thinking Shield is as reasonable as Mage Armor, if only because of the idea of a floating Aegis protecting them from harm. It's a spell of defense!

I'd love to play a game based on M:tG, and this is the best attempt at creating a system that would work for that I've seen. Great job!

I didn't read the entire thread, but has anyone done a serious Gnorman M:tG game?
    Um... you realize that E6 and the Planeswalkers are on entirely different levels of power, right?

Here's another project, meant to be used with gestalt rules.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2014-02-07 at 10:33 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Um... you realize that E6 and the Planeswalkers are on entirely different levels of power, right?
    Buh-wuuuuuh?! (mind=blown!)

Seriously though: yes, obviously they are, but who said anything about Planeswalkers? The cards of M:tG assume a setting/settings with flavour based around different colors, and have things like spellcasters and monsters. In creating those settings, Gnorman's designs would be fantastic.

I mean, if I was going to be true to form, I'd have the Planeswalkers Gestalted to 20th level, then have the non-Planeswalkers running around in Gnorman's E6... And I could see that working pretty well, too, actually.

(and neat link, btw, I don't usually check Homebrew forums on sites. Thanks!)
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Is Gnorman's E6 based on Pathfinder or 3.5?

I'm thinking 3.5, due to the Combat classes.

And is there a creation primer for the differences in character creation? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything, and there are a lot of minor changes.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

Is Gnorman's E6 based on Pathfinder or 3.5?

I'm thinking 3.5, due to the Combat classes.

And is there a creation primer for the differences in character creation? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything, and there are a lot of minor changes.
    3.5, and what are you used to?
    LGBTA+itP

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

For character creation? Roll stats, pick a race, add the class.

What's getting me is the Capstone abilities: do those get bought as Feats, or automatically achieved when they reach 6th level?

That and whether I could just use the Combat classes alongside regular classes, like fighter and barbarian, and have them get as much benefit.

I like the Mage classes (colors), the Dragon, and I think I like the Combat and Skilled classes (specifically: Scoundrel and Poet, the rogue and bard re-skins). I like the Generic classes, and may suggest them as options (minus the magic ones, unless they could work somehow with the colored mages).

Thing is, I'm thinking of doing a pbp, and creating a quick list of the classes/races/architypes that would work for it. I'd be basing it around M:tG themes, though perhaps only for the supernatural. Bits from the various sets, at least, but set into a new world I'm working on.

Gnorman: would it be alright, if I can get the time to do this, if I put together a PDF of the info I'd want for my own setting? Like, the races, classes, etc. from this document that I'd be using?

THOUGHTS ON THE SYSTEM (from reading some more)

Noble I'd tweek so they get the Leadership feat at second level; or something like it, where they get NPC-class minions (warriors, experts, etc.) that follow them around in the same way PCs get animal companions. "summoning" any humanoid out of thin air is... well, seems more magical than a mundane noble should be able to do. I don't know if Leadership would be too powerful, but maybe basing it off Animal Companion would work?
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

12. - Top - End - #552

Daemon

Noble I'd tweek so they get the Leadership feat at second level; or something like it, where they get NPC-class minions (warriors, experts, etc.) that follow them around in the same way PCs get animal companions. "summoning" any humanoid out of thin air is... well, seems more magical than a mundane noble should be able to do. I don't know if Leadership would be too powerful, but maybe basing it off Animal Companion would work?
    I had proposed an idea for a Courtier archetype in another Gnorman E6 inspired homebrew thread. It's big thing was a free bodyguard minion. Check it out:

Courtier
    Spoiler
    Show
    Courtiers are the problem solvers(or makers) of the political arena. They are masters of getting what they want by using their honeyed words and their silver tongues, even stopping aggresion momentarily. Of course, politics are dangerous so all courtiers eventually seek out protection in the form of a loyal bodyguard, both to ensure their survival, and to increase their prestige in court.

Prerequisites: Courtier is available to any Skillful class.
    Archetype Skills: A Courtier gains Diplomacy and Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) as a class skill if he does not already possess it.
    Archetype Proficiencies: A Courtier gains proficiency with the Rapier and Buckler.

Archetype Features

Lesser Archetype Power

• Social Graces (Ex): Courtiers gain a competence bonus of 2 + 1/2 their level on all Diplomacy checks. Whenever the Courtier is making a Bluff, Gather Information, Intimidate or Knowledge(Nobility and Royalty) check, he may instead roll Diplomacy with a -5 penalty.

• Sancrosant (Ex): When the Courtier is attacked in melee by an opponent with an inteligence score of at least 3, he may roll Diplomacy as an immediate action with a DC of 10+the attacker's Hit Dice+the attacker's Base Attack Bonus+5 if the attacker is chaotic or -5 if the attacker is lawful.
      If he beats the DC, the attacker immediately ends his turn, without attacking the Courtier and doesn't threaten any square until the beginning of his next turn. This ability can be used only once per opponent per battle.

Moderate Archetype Power

• Bodyguard (Ex): Accomplished Courtiers are either assigned, or attract bodyguards to help them in court and protect them in battle. Thankfully these bodyguards are moderetaly competent in social situations and they add weight to a Courtiers words when they are with their charge.
      You gain a companion of the same race and alignment as you, with a Strength, Dexterity and Constitution score of 14 and an Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma score of 10 before racial modifications. The companion has good base attack bonus, fortitude and will saves, d10 hit dice and 5 ranks in Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Spot and Listen. The bodyguard has 1+1/2 the Courtiers level in hit dice. The Courtier is responsible for the bodyguard's equipment, and he must provide it himself. If the bodyguard dies, a new one will appear within 2 days if the Courtier is in an urban area, or a week after the Courtier sends out word of the loss.
      Finally, whenever the bodyguard is adjacent to his Courtier, the Courtier automaticaly enjoys a +2 in all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate and Sense Motive rolls used in social situations as if the bodyguard used Aid Another.

Greater Archetype Power

• Master of the Courts (Ex): A Courtier may take 10 on any Diplomacy roll, even when using his Lesser Archetype Powers.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D-naras View Post
    I had proposed an idea for a Courtier archetype in another Gnorman E6 inspired homebrew thread. It's big thing was a free bodyguard minion. Check it out:

Courtier
    Very cool!

So at 3rd level he gets a henchman?
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

Very cool!

So at 3rd level he gets a henchman?
    The Tyrant archetype also gets a more substantial henchman at 3rd level. Perhaps it should be expanded to the entire Noble class as a whole?

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

instead of the summon minion ability, yeah.

I suggest the charismatic hero talents from d20 Modern. Inspire buffs to others would fit a leader.

dunno if that would fit noble for you, but i'd do it
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ettin in the Playground

For character creation? Roll stats, pick a race, add the class.

What's getting me is the Capstone abilities: do those get bought as Feats, or automatically achieved when they reach 6th level?

That and whether I could just use the Combat classes alongside regular classes, like fighter and barbarian, and have them get as much benefit.
    This is meant to be instead of any other class, due to these having a much higher power level.
    LGBTA+itP

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

I know from regular E6 you get Capstones if you didn't Multiclass. However, I'm not sure *when* you get them: right away, or only after 20 feats?

And there's mention of "Epic Destinies" but no explanation section for that (just the 20 feats bit, iirc). Are these the same as Capstones?
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrant: Meh, not in love with the minion summoning, and the Toxic bit, iirc. I forget why. Just having that cohort should be good, but that has to be 3rd level; so what to replace the 1st level ability with?

GENERIC vs GNORMAN: Do the Generic classes you wrote up balance against the Combat/Skilled classes? Like, is the Rogue/Bard equal to the Poet?

Or at least: are they expected to not be used together? I'd like to offer the Generics as an option, or at least the Archetypes of Barbarian, Bard, Ranger, etc. tacked on to the Gladiator, Poet, Hunter, etc.

Is it recommended? Or were they designed to be separate?
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly, I think the Tyrant is one of the very best or at least appealing pieces of design in the entire thing, though the Unstable Scout template seems to be a no brainer choice to be entirely honest, and the Assassin/Saboteur have uninteresting overlaps with their death attack.

Personally I think the Assassin should just be given poison weapons (weak low DC poison obviously) and Stealth bonuses/ranks, while the Volatile Saboteur's firebombs/death blast (which should do more damage IMO) should set stuff on fire with a Reflex save negating the ignition.

Oh, one question about the minions Gnorman: do they have to be prefab stat blocks from the MM?

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorman View Post
    The Tyrant archetype also gets a more substantial henchman at 3rd level. Perhaps it should be expanded to the entire Noble class as a whole?
    I definitely agree with this. Far more plausible and interesting than conjuring a minion out of thin air. Plus, as a noble, they should have access to a good number of servants and hirelings from their family/tribe/warband.

Perhaps some requirement that if their henchman dies, they have to get back in contact with their family/warband to get a new one.
    Want to test your mettle in the Irorium Arena? Always accepting new gladiators!

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    I definitely agree with this. Far more plausible and interesting than conjuring a minion out of thin air. Plus, as a noble, they should have access to a good number of servants and hirelings from their family/tribe/warband.

Perhaps some requirement that if their henchman dies, they have to get back in contact with their family/warband to get a new one.
    The minion wasn't conjured out of thin air it was just... in hiding, waiting for his signal.

TBH, I'm not at all a fan of how the minion and henchman are mutually exclusive; I would much rather prefer to be able to have both minions and a henchman fielded with the caveat that the henchman counts towards the limit of the total number of active minions simultaneously out at one time, and conjuring/retaining one expends say ~5 minions worth of summonings per day.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Orc in the Playground

Thoughts on the Chaos Child, Shapeshifting in General, and a Suggestion for the Red Mage Spell List, with some Concrete Ideas and Proposals
    in which the author, The Anarresti, sidesteps the current conversation so as to provide Gnorman with thoughts on the aforementioned topic, with some concrete suggestions and options, etc, etc.

Firstly, sorry if the odd formatting is of-putting, but I think that it does indeed make this post's declared intent more readable.

Anyway, to cut the point, I'd like to say that I have a soft spot for shape-shifting. It's cool to use, promotes player creativity and ingenuity, and, most importantly, it's a signature, cinematic ability that almost all magic users in almost all folktales around the world possess. The only problem is, historically, D&D hasn't been the best about making mechanics for it. I think you've done a great job with this E6 compendium (in fact, I'm starting up an IRL game using it, if you don't mind), especially with making lots of cool, very flavorful abilities, but that a player's options for shapeshifting are still pretty slim.

I'll start with what, in my option, needs the most work: the Chaos Child. I love the concept (a shapeshifting battle mage who specializes in altering her own body in weird ways), but there are a couple problems.

1. Firstly, that Magic Fang, which the Chaos Child receives as an archetype spell, is useless without a natural weapon to modify.
    2. That the Lesser Archetype Power is useless when a 1st or 2nd level Chaos Child cannot cast any polymorph spells (unless Enlarge Person is considered a polymorph spell).
    3. The Polymorph spell itself is kinda nutty, but there are plenty of other options available out there in established homebrew.

Anyway, in order to bring the apparent concept of the Chaos Child in closer concert with the actual mechanics, I propose the following:

Spoiler
    Show
    Chaos Child

Bonus Spells:
    1: Bite of the Wolf (as the psionic power), Magic Fang.
    2: Monster Shape, Spider Climb
    3: Gaseous Form, Greater Magic Fang
    Capstone SLA: Anthromorph

The Monster Shape spell is adapted by me from the Giant's Alter spell, which can be found on this page. Anthromorph can be found here, and is almost the same as "Polymorph (monstrous humanoids or giants only)

Spoiler
    Show
    Monster Shape
    Transmutation (polymorph)
    Level: Chaos Child 2
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 0 ft
    Target: You
    Duration: 10 min/level (D)
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

You alter the surface features of your own body, molding it like clay. You need not limit your alterations to what would your natural range of choices; indeed, you may alter your appearance so dramatically (within the guidelines presented below) that it appears to be a member of another species entirely--even a species that does not exist! You must stay within the general range of the creature's type, however; you cannot make a human look exactly like a bear, for example, but you could make him look like a bear-like humanoid, even if you have no knowledge of such a humanoid race existing.

You may change the target's coloration, skin texture, facial features, or other topographical details as you wish. You may lengthen or shorten their hair, or cause the appearance of hair or fur to grow where it did not before. You may increase or decrease their height slightly, as long as they remain within the same size class. You may cause them to gain or lose body fat or muscle, making up to 25% heavier or lighter, although doing no confers no aditional strength or constitution bonus or penalty (your lesser archetype power, however, still applies). You may appear to be of the opposite gender, or of no gender. You can even appear to have additional limbs, such as a tail or wings or an extra arm, but they cannot be used (or even moved) by the subject unless they normally possess such a limb. You may not create additional working hands from feet or other limbs, nor can you reduce the number of limbs on the creature, nor may you make any changes to your skeleton or internal organs at all.

When you shift, pick a number of the following abilities equal to your caster level.
    • 20 ft. climb speed
    • 20ft swim speed (does not allow breathing under water)
    • Natural Amor bonus equal to your (improved) Constitution Modifier
    • A natural weapon of your choice, dealing 1d6+Str Modifier (can be picked up to 3 times)
    • +10 ft bonus to your base land speed
    • +10 Circumstance Bonus on Jump Checks

Any worn equipment melds into your own body.

Monster Shape counts as a disguise on the target creature, and grants +6 shapechanging bonus and a +4 circumstance bonus to your Disguise check. You may alter a creature that has been granted the Polymorphed template, but note that alter cannot change a creature's size or fundamental structure, so that you cannot anthromorph oneself into a troll and then use alter to appear human. A true seeing spell reveals the target's natural appearance.

Material Component: A tiny lump of blue clay.

Moving forward, I would really like to work on a refined version of some of the above things for the Chaos Child, as well as working on a Blue Mage archetype for the tricksy, shapeshifting wizard.

Additionally, what do you think about the following idea: a limited repertoire of alternate forms for the Green Mage? This is to say, that instead of shifting into any animal (within boundaries) at any time, a Green Mage would gain a number of specific alternate forms within those boundaries, equal to their G.M. level. E.g., a 2nd level Green Mage could, for example, have a wolf and an owl alternate form, and then once he levels to 3rd, he would pick an animal of 3 HD, mammal or bird, to have as a third alternate form. I feel like it would make the Green Mage a little more balanced, and a lot more flavorful, and would both differentiate Green Mage shapeshifting from other shapeshifting and would give individual players more options with which to customize their characters. (Also, I think it would be cool if the Green Mage's shapeshifting did NOT affect their clothing or equipment, just to underline the nature of the power.)

Lastly, as an aside having to do with the Red Mage's spell list, I think that a magic version of the psychic warrior spell Call Weaponry would make a fantastic addition to that spell list.
    Last edited by The Anarresti; 2014-02-11 at 12:55 AM.
    My wonderful Avatar is by licoot.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ettin in the Playground

The one issue I might have with that version would be that you get both Magic Fang and Greater Magic Fang. The latter kinda defeats the purpose of the former.
    LGBTA+itP

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

GAH! I seem to have accidentally deleted this post's content.

My salient points:

- Capstones are automatically attained at level 6, not additional feat requirements.

- Generic and non-generic classes might be usable side-by-side, but be careful of redundant or conflicting abilities. They were not intended for simultaneous use and may have unintended bugs.

- Noble minions are a bit of a narrative cheat, may require suspension of disbelief. Surrealistik, I managed to skip over one of your questions, which I will answer now: prefab stat blocks from the MM was my intention, yes.

- Tyrant may become a separate class

- The Annaresti: thanks for the input, will consider all your suggestions.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

A tyrant template that buffs and fortifies his minions with fear (and perhaps debuffs enemies with the same) would be pretty badass; definitely looking forward to this. That said, I do hope you keep the henchman and capstone in some form.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Was thinking about the Noble:

Level 1: Inspire: Noble can spend a round to buff an ally: Full action: give one ally per level a +1 bonus (per level) to a single attack, skill check or saving throw. This is +2 at 2nd level, +3 at 3rd, +4 at 4th, +5 at 5th, +6 at 6th. (maybe that should be +1 per two levels, so +2 at 3rd, +3 at 5th?)

Level 2: Entourage: Noble gets one Minion per point of Charisma bonus, plus one per level. Minions are 1st level Peasants or Experts. The Noble can sacrifice one Minion to take an attack that would have hit them, as a free action. The Noble takes no damage, but the Minion is killed. The Minion can be ordered by the Noble to attack and move during combat, as a Minor action.

Level 3: The Noble gains the benefit of a Cohort, whose level is 1/2 the Noble's at all times. The Cohort's equipment must be paid for by the Noble. The Cohort can be (fighter? Any class?). 20 point buy?

Level 4: Inspire Excellence: Once per day a Noble can cause an ally's damage rolls to count as the maximum for that die, affecting one Die per level. For example, if a 4th level Noble spends their turn Inspiring: a 5th level Wizard who casts Fireball (5d6 damage), makes the damage roll. The Noble can Max out up to 4 of these dice, selected after the damage roll, making them a 6 instead of a 1-5.

Level 5: dunno. Bonus Cohort ability scores?

Level 6: dunno.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

27. - Top - End - #567

Daemon

Regarding the Noble/Tyrant and minion summoning.

Why don't you treat the minions similar to a wizard's spellbook? Something like this:

Entourage (ex):
    A Noble has a cadre of loyal followers/servile minions/expendable slaves.

A Noble begins play with 2 1 HD commoner minions plus 1 more per Charisma Bonus. The minions are of any race with no level adjustment and have typical ability scores for their race. These minions follow the Noble and are completely loyal to him, even to the point of death. However any lost minions can only be recovered in a civilised area at the cost of 5 gp each. A Noble can have a maximum of 1+Level+Cha modifier of Hit Dice in minions at a time. Any equipment used by the minions must be provided by the Noble.

At 3rd level, the Noble can hire more capable minions. His minions can now be of a race with a +1 LA or gain a 2nd HD. He may hire Experts (with at least 2 skills of the Noble's choice at max ranks) and Warriors (with at least 1 Fighter Feat that they qualify, of the Noble's choice) but each Expert and Warrior counts as having +1 HD for the purpose of total minions and costs 40gp to hire.

At 5th level, the Noble can hire even better minions. His minions can now be of 3 HD each, or have a Level Adjustment of +2. He may hire Adepts (with at least 2 spells of the Noble's choice and an Item Creation feat that they qualify, of the Noble's choice) but each Adept counts as having +3 HD for the purposes of total minions and costs 100gp to hire.

So every odd level, the Noble gains access to the next level of minions that he must pay for, just like the wizard has to pay for new spells.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

D-naras, that sounds much better. It retains the spirit and function of the current ability, but is more plausible than conjuring people out of mid-air.

Though I suppose any player can pay to hire henchmen. So noble minions/henchmen would have to be either stronger/better or cheaper than what other classes could hire.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd rather not have the Noble's core ability require burning WBL, especially when it is likely to already expend a lot of it on magic items per its UMD training.

A diplomacy/intimidate/streetwise check to get new minions? Cool, but no wealth consumption please. Also, since requiring recruitment drives to generate minions would be significantly more prohibitive than the current state of conjuring them from thin air, minions should probably be better and more durable on the whole.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    I'd rather not have the Noble's core ability require burning WBL, especially when it is likely to already expend a lot of it on magic items per its UMD training.

A diplomacy/intimidate/streetwise check to get new minions? Cool, but no wealth consumption please. Also, since requiring recruitment drives to generate minions would be significantly more prohibitive than the current state of conjuring them from thin air, minions should probably be better and more durable on the whole.
    I agree with all of this.