New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: OotS Style Art/Fanart Showcase V

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    *snip*

And Kymme, I'm liking what you're making. Improving all the time.*nodnod* Little rough around the edges, but I can tell you're not using Inkscape, so you don't get some of that inherent smoothness. What program is that?

*snippity snip*
    I actually use MS Paint for my avatars. Sometimes I use Paint.net to make them transparent, but that is only rarely. Thank you for the complements!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thank you for the input! Going to keep at it! :)

Now that I am done with Neverending Nights, I am going to have some free time on my hands, and would like to try my hand at a "fan comic" using the OOTS style of art with original characters! My brain is already mustering up story lines to play out (many of them inspired by my own D&D sessions which usually take unusual turns here and there!)
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

Subscribe to my D&D Channel on Youtube! (Come by and Sub)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh wow, there's a LOT of good stuff here. I don't think my stuff can hold a candle to most of this, but I'll stick it in here anyway!

My current Pathfinder group:
    Spoiler
    Show

A Ravener and some zombies from my last campaign:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Banana Wizard:
    Spoiler
    Show

And my signature is my previous Pathfinder group!
    Last edited by DrachenGlied; 2013-01-31 at 06:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Pretty recently I made two avatars of Mauve, one using my normal style, the other sorta trying to imitate Pinky....

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

I like the second one better. Anyways, on to my question. are there any Paint-like free programs for Mac? 'Cause I use Inkscape, but free drawing and coloring bigger things in something like that is something I want to learn how to do, but I don't know how.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Paint.net or Graphics Gale maybe; though I'm not 100 % sure if they're supported.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Insanely large picture of a succubus bard I made ages ago.
    Spoiler
    Show

A string pictures actually made for my brother.
    Spoiler
    Show

and this.

asdflove, you've got some good stuff too. I still can't help but be bothered a bit by the part of the hair on the far side of the head. It makes it look like there's suddenly a big lump of hair on the side of their head, rather than the hair wrapping around the head properly. Otherwise, though, good stuff.
    You're talking about my new February Avi, right? What side do you consider the far side?... Thats not really clear to me. ^^; And how do you sugest I do it? I'm always open for improvement.

Edit: More art. A possibility for a ship in my fancomic.

Also, the banner for my fancomic in my signature changed as well.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-02-02 at 08:02 PM. Reason: More art stuffs
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, your February avi. The far side being the viewer's right side in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post

My Avi for next month. Screw valentines day.
    When you look at the left side of her head, the hair looks pretty natural when it's sitting. On the right side of the head, however, is not so natural looking. Note that on either side of her head, the hair extends down to the same length. The trouble with that is that at the angle the avi is facing, you can't actually see where the hair would be stopping on the right side (compared to the left side). The way you have it now looks like their is a big chunk of hair sitting way too far forward on her head. The visible part of the hair on the right side should probably terminate just below eye level in this case.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, your February avi. The far side being the viewer's right side in this case.

When you look at the left side of her head, the hair looks pretty natural when it's sitting. On the right side of the head, however, is not so natural looking. Note that on either side of her head, the hair extends down to the same length. The trouble with that is that at the angle the avi is facing, you can't actually see where the hair would be stopping on the right side (compared to the left side). The way you have it now looks like their is a big chunk of hair sitting way too far forward on her head. The visible part of the hair on the right side should probably terminate just below eye level in this case.
    Okay I think I see what your saying. Her hair on the right should tuck behind her head.

Is this better.

New banner for my fancomic as well.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-02-02 at 09:33 PM.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

asdflove, that banner looks pretty cool.

I just finished 4 new drawings, each one being a member of an adventuring party. They aren't for anybody, I just drew them based on an idea. But without further ado, I present to you:

Kidd Khan:
    Spoiler
    Show

Gloria of Soane:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ezekiel deClaire:
    Spoiler
    Show

And.... Phil:
    Spoiler
    Show

He's a dragon.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay I think I see what your saying. Her hair on the right should tuck behind her head.

Is this better. *snip*
    Ah ha, yes, hat works too. A definite improvement.

Oh, and Kymme, I quite like Gloria's hair. Very well done.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-02-03 at 10:56 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post

I just finished 4 new drawings, each one being a member of an adventuring party. They aren't for anybody, I just drew them based on an idea. But without further ado, I present to you:

Kidd Khan:
    Spoiler
    Show

Gloria of Soane:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ezekiel deClaire:
    Spoiler
    Show

And.... Phil:
    Spoiler
    Show

He's a dragon.
    Thanks.
    Also, I like how they all have cool names,and the dragon is just Phil.

Meet the Acorn Guild

Last edited by asdflove; 2013-02-03 at 11:49 PM.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post

-snippity-
    Very nice! Phil seems so surprised to see us... Now you have me curious, what was the idea in particular?

I really like your clothing and all that, it's simple but very neat. I can never make simple clothing that looks good so I tend to overpack my avatars.

Two minor things, the eyes are still kinda big overall, and Gloria and Ezekiel have very square-ish hands. Just little things to point out. Other than that you're golden.

Meet the Acorn Guild
    -snipsnip-[/IMG]
    Oooo, interesting. Your style reminds me of True OotS, like by the Giant. It's very pure and nice in that way. I especially like the brown curly hair on the second one, though it's a tad 'too' dark, visuals-wise. Very good!

And to show off my own tidbit from tonight, I crafted the vampire chick from the hit cartoon Adventure Time. Marceline? Lacking knowledge in the show myself, I hope it looks decent.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    Very nice! Phil seems so surprised to see us... Now you have me curious, what was the idea in particular?

I really like your clothing and all that, it's simple but very neat. I can never make simple clothing that looks good so I tend to overpack my avatars.

Two minor things, the eyes are still kinda big overall, and Gloria and Ezekiel have very square-ish hands. Just little things to point out. Other than that you're golden.
    Okay, first things first. The idea was that three heroes and a dragon were gathered together to save the world (classic). Each hero brought their own special power to the table, from Kidd's dark pacts, to Gloria's immense strength, to Ezekiel's unbridled stamina, and lastly, Phil's Sight Beyond Sight. (aka, media awareness) If you'll notice, all of the other characters are looking in different directions, but Phil is looking directly at you. That is because he is looking directly at you. He can see you, and frankly, it freaks him the hell out.

I do see what you mean by squarish hands, and I still tend to draw eyes rather large. However, thank you for the complements.

By the way, that Marceline looks pretty dang sweet. Good work on her.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Oooo, interesting. Your style reminds me of True OotS, like by the Giant. It's very pure and nice in that way. I especially like the brown curly hair on the second one, though it's a tad 'too' dark, visuals-wise. Very good!

And to show off my own tidbit from tonight, I crafted the vampire chick from the hit cartoon Adventure Time. Marceline? Lacking knowledge in the show myself, I hope it looks decent.
    Thanks. I tried to replecate his style, so you saying that makes me happy.
    She's the evil opposite to my white haired half-slyph Paladin. I was trying to create contrast by making it dark. (And she's a Fallen Paladin/Blackguard. Appropriate, no?)

Also, awesome Marcy. Really. You did her justice.

Yup.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-02-04 at 09:33 PM.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a small preview for you guys:

Gajeel
    Last edited by Crimmy; 2013-02-06 at 12:18 AM.
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Crimmy your post doesn't make any sense. You didn't show us anything.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I tried to do oots art.. I drew it out first, then uploaded it up onto my computer, then killed it with Photoshop. I say I killed it, because I liked it much more BEFORE it went into Photoshop. But.. Ya know.. Tche.. I want to learn the style. If I'm not mistaken, the size is too big for an avatar, which bugs me. If I re-size it, it becomes even crappier. Blargh!

Based off of pinkie pie from the My little pony series.
    I'm posting this here with the specific intention of receiving critique. Please, fire away.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AddZable View Post
    So I tried to do oots art.. I drew it out first, then uploaded it up onto my computer, then killed it with Photoshop. I say I killed it, because I liked it much more BEFORE it went into Photoshop. But.. Ya know.. Tche.. I want to learn the style. If I'm not mistaken, the size is too big for an avatar, which bugs me. If I re-size it, it becomes even crappier. Blargh!

I'm posting this here with the specific intention of receiving critique. Please, fire away.
    Not terrible really. My biggest problem with it is how high her hair is. Also the waist looks a little weird.

Why is no one posting here? The is the 3rd time I've edited this post to add art.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-02-11 at 07:52 PM.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #289

-snip-
    Critique? Sure, lemme help.

It's pretty good for an early try with the OotS-style. The colors are nice and go together well, and I like the hint of shading from the hairline. It's simple, but in a good way.

The first thing I want to point out is how big the eyes are, especially her right. Avatar eyes, much like on people, are the center of the being, and even though they're just dark circles they're still very important. The smile is very good, even though I'd likely call it more your style rather than pure OotS, but it works well.

The hair is good and I like what you were trying to do with the circular 'bubbles' on the outer rim, but something about the beehive form bugs me, at least for the idea of OotS-human style Pinkie. Your line weight works well, throughout, though I'd say the hair line weight is almost too thin comparatively.

The body shape is probably what I have the most problem with. I don't understand what's going on with her waist and lower half, and why it looks so disjointed. The body is generally one continuous shape, while yours looks like two (the upper torso and then the waist). It just could be streamlined and smoother. Also the v-line in the middle of her chest is messy and could be cleaned up, basically made larger to better show off whatever it is you're going for there.

The arms and legs have a good bend to them, though her left arm runs too much in to her body, but the hand ball thing is tiny (though good in the execution) and could be doubled in size while the leg/feet length could nearly be halved.

It's still good for an early attempt at OotS style and I give you kudos. Good luck on your future OotS endeavors!

-snip-

-snip

Why is no one posting here? The is the 3rd time I've edited this post to add art.
    -snip-
    Nice work, asdflove. Those combat ones up there are neat and really show the momentum of their respective scenes. I like how you can see the similarities between the design of the second combat scene (light and dark haired girl fight, to clarify) to get an idea of their antithesis. I still like how 'pure' your work is, I never really managed to pull that off myself before stylistic differences invaded. The one tiny complaint is that, in the middle picture of this quoted post, the child has such different line weight than the parents which speaks to a resizing rather than a creating at the right scale. Otherwise, good stuff!

Now to show off a couple of Gnomish originals, critique gladly accepted.

Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

I hope it's alright that I'm posting the same character and image again. I suddenly decided I want to try to recreat every mlp main character in oots-human form and make a banner-thing. Which means.. I need to get then -right-.

Not terrible really. My biggest problem with it is how high her hair is. Also the waist looks a little weird.
    I've worked on the waist, though I haven't made the hair shorter yet. For that I need to re-create the character of paper, unless my Photoshop skills get a loooot better. I may do though!

It's pretty good for an early try with the Oots-style. The colors are nice and go together well, and I like the hint of shading from the hairline. It's simple, but in a good way.
    Thanks! There was actually shading across the whole image. I suppose it was too light to notice though, which means, NOT GOOD ENUFF.

The first thing I want to point out is how big the eyes are, especially her right. Avatar eyes, much like on people, are the center of the being, and even though they're just dark circles they're still very important. The smile is very good, even though I'd likely call it more your style rather than pure Oots, but it works well.
    I've tried to not only make the eyes smaller, but also closer to each others size. The way they're usually one bigger than the other kind of bugs me. Tcheh. And thanks for the comment on the mouth, I actually did it without looking at any open Oots mouths, so I wasn't sure if it would work or not.

The hair is good and I like what you were trying to do with the circular 'bubbles' on the outer rim, but something about the beehive form bugs me, at least for the idea of OotS-human style Pinkie. Your line weight works well, throughout, though I'd say the hair line weight is almost too thin comparatively.
    I know what you mean about it being strange for Pinkie, however I could only think of that, or a pair of ponytails (hurr) on either side of her head (Are those called pigtails?) with a thick lock, or something, falling over her forhead. Which, while being closer to the cartoon, was still not perfect. Plus, I couldn't draw it out very well, so I gave up on that one. I want to get this beehive style right, but if all else fails I'll try the other. Lines have been thickened!

The body shape is probably what I have the most problem with. I don't understand what's going on with her waist and lower half, and why it looks so disjointed. The body is generally one continuous shape, while yours looks like two (the upper torso and then the waist). It just could be streamlined and smoother. Also the v-line in the middle of her chest is messy and could be cleaned up, basically made larger to better show off whatever it is you're going for there.
    I fixed the torso (I think? and the waste and worked on the chest's "V". I think the main problem with the chest was that I work on a much larger scale then use Photoshop to downsize it. This is because I upload an entire A4 up onto the computer then Photoshop over it./excusesexcuses.

The arms and legs have a good bend to them, though her left arm runs too much in to her body, but the hand ball thing is tiny (though good in the execution) and could be doubled in size while the leg/feet length could nearly be halved.
    I tried to fix the arm so that it is separate from the body. Made the hand bigger, though I kind of liked it smaller. Thoughts on that?
    I kept the leg length. I liked the length of the legs. However, I was very happy about decreasing the foot size. I was actually trying to emulate the normal Oots foot size and I guess I went overboard. I like the new size MUCH better, though I seem to have made them a little too short this time.

It's still good for an early attempt at OotS style and I give you kudos. Good luck on your future OotS endeavors!
    Thank you, I'll need it!

The image
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

*snip*
    Nice work, asdflove. Those combat ones up there are neat and really show the momentum of their respective scenes. I like how you can see the similarities between the design of the second combat scene (light and dark haired girl fight, to clarify) to get an idea of their antithesis. I still like how 'pure' your work is, I never really managed to pull that off myself before stylistic differences invaded. The one tiny complaint is that, in the middle picture of this quoted post, the child has such different line weight than the parents which speaks to a resizing rather than a creating at the right scale. Otherwise, good stuff!

Thanks.
    Okay I fully admit I actually drew that family at all different scales, and I forgot to fix the babies stroke thickness to match.

Your stuff is good. I like the shading on the black and white one.

I've worked on the waist, though I haven't made the hair shorter yet. For that I need to re-create the character of paper, unless my Photoshop skills get a loooot better. I may do though!

*snip*

I know what you mean about it being strange for Pinkie, however I could only think of that, or a pair of ponytails (hurr) on either side of her head (Are those called pigtails?) with a thick lock, or something, falling over her forhead. Which, while being closer to the cartoon, was still not perfect. Plus, I couldn't draw it out very well, so I gave up on that one. I want to get this beehive style right, but if all else fails I'll try the other. Lines have been thickened!

*snip*
    The image
    The waist looks a bit better.

If this helps at all, here's what I did for the humanized mane 6 a while ago.
    Spoiler
    Show

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Very pretty. I especially like the shading on the second one. Nice way to show definition and details on all black clothing. I think the guns on the first one seem to... uh... bleeeeenndddd together. They shouldn't be next to each other, maybe?

So now, um... I'm pretty sure a bunch of you guys have seen a GB avatar this year. I mean, it's right next to my post! But guess what! You get to look at it again!

Yaaaaaaay!
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-02-12 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

^^Thats a neat Avatar

Why does I keep arting?

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

S'moar derjuin arts:

Last edited by Derjuin; 2013-02-12 at 10:18 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Crimmy your post doesn't make any sense. You didn't show us anything.
    SHUSH!!! I was teasing you. Or was I?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

I got bored and decided to try to make another oots avatar, using inkscape this time. Once again, I'd love some crit.

Asdflove, I really like that singing avatar. My only irk is that each note is the same, it'd be cool to see some others, or even the same ones, shaped slightly differently!

Derjuin: That first one is really cool, makes me think sort of a.. Steampunk a Sauron? Yeah. The second one is pretty cool, and I know I wouldn't know how to make anything close to that quality. However, compared to your usual stuff, it looks a bit rushed. I'm not -sure- what gives me that impression, though. Perhaps because it looks like you copypasted the wings? Either way, it's still awesome.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Gajeel.
    Well, there's also Pantherlily.

Blame my girlfriend, she's the one who got me into Fairy Tail.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

I got bored and decided to try to make another oots avatar, using inkscape this time. Once again, I'd love some crit.

Asdflove, I really like that singing avatar. My only irk is that each note is the same, it'd be cool to see some others, or even the same ones, shaped slightly differently!
    *snip*
    Neat avatar.

Hey, you don't know, maybe she's singing a part of a song with only eighth notes

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gajeel.
    Well, there's also Pantherlily.

Blame my girlfriend, she's the one who got me into Fairy Tail.

*snip*
    Dat Gajeel.

Neat avatar.

Hey, you don't know, maybe she's singing a part of a song with only eighth notes
    Thanks . And sure, must be a pretty horrible song though! (NOT THAT I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MUSIC!)

So.. Something I tried to make for someone in the request an avatar thread. Waiting to see if they're happy with it or not.

Worked some on my soldier-y guy.
    I
    Is it just me or does he look short?