New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Echoes of the Past (Star Wars) still recruiting!

"Nar Sha.....," Robb begins to say, but before he could finish more alarms sounded.

"Oh what is it NOW!," he yelled out as he turned to back towards the controls.

Sitting back in the chair, he muttered a few curses while flipping switches and checking screens.

"You better buckle up back there Kaz, this may not have a happy ending."

"C'mon baby, talk to me," he whispers to the ship, "What's going on with you?"
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click 'em all!

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Sara actually sounds like she is in pain. "Damaged systems include: Hyperdrive, Life Support, Shield Matrix, Laser Cannons, Science Lab Support Systems, Sublight Drive, Sensors, Holonet Uplink, and Computer Interlink. Many of these systems are controlled by my Interlink and may be faults in the programming. I advise beginning repair procedures in my core interlink in the Science Lab."
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2012-08-17 at 01:13 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Even though she isn't in the best shape, Kaz knows that doing something that's normal to her would take her mind off the pain. "I'll go and get the repairs started. Good thing I went back for my bag. Um, sara, was it? Could you tell me the way?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

"Please follow the lighted path to my core."

A string of lights leads you through corridors, down an access ladder, and through more corridors. For the apparent age of the ship, it is very clean. Brand new even.

You walk into a room marked as 'Science Lab.' There are rooms branching off from each wall, each of them labelled.

Computer Interlink Array
    Cryogenics
    Holographic Emitter Array

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #95

Kaz waits for the door to shut before setting her bag on the floor. She removes the barely-there dancers outfit, she opens her bag and pulls out her flight suit and puts it on. She picks her bag back up and heads to the door marked computer Interlink Array. But, as she passes the door marked Cryogenics, her curiosity gets the better of her and she walks in.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

On entering the bay, the first thing you notice is the atmosphere. It's cool, with a faint hint of chemicals underlying the clean sterility of the air. Soft blue-white lights illuminate the small cabin, emphasising again its nature as a clean room of some sort. And in the middle of it there lies a long durasteel box, about the length of an average bunk, with a transparisteel window about two thirds up.

Several lights flicker along the side of the container, blue and green flashing steadily in a slow, slow heartbeat. A connected computer beside the box whirs softly, readouts and technical information scrolling endlessly past.

On approaching the box, you find that it emits a gentle hum of its own and is cool to the touch. But the biggest surprise comes when you look through the window in it.

Sightless blue eyes stare straight back at you, set in the heart-shaped face of the young human woman lying within the unit. Soft streamers of vapour flow past her face every few seconds, implying some sort of suspended animation at work. Blonde hair pools around the serene face, framing it in light gold.

A quick once-over of the apparent stasis coffin later, you find a hairline seam that would presumably allow the entire cover of the box to slide away. The computer's readouts are pretty much incomprehensible, moving far too quickly for you to pick out more than the occasional word. Looking down the window reveals that the woman inside the box is wearing some sort of flight suit; white, with golden trim. Nothing either of you have ever seen before, but there's no special insignia either.

Sara seems to be playing an automated message in the room, because she is in mid sentence when you walked in."-Immediately. Warning. Cryogenic stasis unstable. Lifesigns fading. Recommend removal of Cryogenic systems immediately. Warning...."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #97

I just can't let her die, besides we could use an extra hand Kaz thinks to herself. "Sara open a comm channel" She doesn't wait for the reply, but continues speaking. "Robb I need you to check out the core, I'm, um, gonna check out something. I'll be there as soon as I can." Kaz then looks at the console next to the box and hits the release button, hoping that there won't be any permanent damage done.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

A small alert klaxon sounds, as a whoosh of cold fog rushes from the now broken seal on the pod. The fog gently billows from the pod as the upper third of the pod separates and whirs as it slides down under the remaining length of the pod, clicking into place.

The lights within the pod begin to fade, and the readouts on the side indicate that whoever this woman is, she is waking up. The remaining cover of the pod splits down the middle, retracting into the base.

The woman begins to stir.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Grace blinks at the face above her, Sara's words ringing in her mind. Nine hundred and ninety eight years...almost a millennia. How much had changed? What had become of the Order? Or her family? And what about-

It doesn't matter. She could find all that out later. Right now what mattered was working out who the Twi'lek female above her was. Sure, she had let her out of stasis, but that didn't mean that she was safe...

Sara said something about Master Leana though. A part of her mind reminds her.

Master Leana has been dead for at least nine centuries. This girl's new. Far too young. Blue eyes narrow imperceptibly. And I have no proof of her good intentions.

But what about the-?

It can go hang itself until I find out who these people are. Now shut it! She snaps at herself. She moves slowly, and it wasn't all acting either. Her body was still coming back online after a looong sleep. However...

Slender fingers tap softly on the top of the case, a soft thrum indicating that the storage was still intact. All right then, 'Master Leana', let's see...

Her right hand flops off the pod, knuckles tapping on its side, and a small panel flips from its side, a quite positively ancient blaster secured within it. And Grace moves.

Her right hand stiffens suddenly, fingers locking around the blaster's grip and pulling the weapon free. In almost the same movement, she rolls away from the Twi'lek and off the edge of the pod. Her legs buckle slightly as they take her weight for the first time in - according to the universe - almost a thousand years, but she holds her footing.

Her blaster comes up smoothly, thumb flicking its selector switch as she aims calmly down the barrel right at the face of the barely-not-a-girl.

"Name and intent." She demands softly. "And what the hell did you do to Sara!"
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-08-18 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

10. - Top - End - #100

Kaz nearly stumbles backwards as she reacts to the once frozen Hothcicle. "My...my name is Kaz'meen, uh, Kaz."She says throwing her hands up showing that she means no harm. "I don't know what's wrong with her. This is gonna sound strange, but I think I owe this ship my life." She let's out a nervous laugh, "Maybe....maybe you could tell me why it, I mean Sara, called me Master leana?"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

See, she doesn't even know what's going on! You were told to expect thi-

Shut. Up! You and I both know she could be faking that. I mean,

For Force's sake! Are you utterly
    determined to assume the worst of the poor girl?

If it keeps me alive, yes. And you're just as bad!

I am no-

Endor!

Oh fine... But that's no excuse. Just-

Again, shut it!

Pale eyelids blink closed for a moment as the internal monologue races through Grace's mind. Her eyes sharpen, her hand's grip loose yet firm around the pistol.

"Full name." She says, reiterating her previous demand. "As to why Sara would call you someone who died in a war you likely hardly remember, I don't know." Grace rises fully to her feet, a foot tapping the side of the pod closest to her, prompting it to extend a drawer towards her. "However, she says she has critical system damage." Keeping her blaster trained on Kaz, she crouches and extracts the contents of the container. A small tool kit, which she clips on her belt. An archaic commlink joins it, along with what looks like a medkit. "That might have something to do with it, or she could be right and age is just catching up on the frame."

And a faint whisper of metal on leather announces the final piece of equipment - a tapered vibrosword in an elegant white and gold sheath that slips easily onto Grace's belt with the other accoutrements she has gathered.

She rises again, sliding the drawer shut with her boot, and then flicks her blaster towards the door leading out of the bay. "Out. We're going to the Interlink Array." She says, murmuring under her breath. "Probably should see how well everything survived the last millennia..."
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-08-18 at 05:02 PM.
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

12. - Top - End - #102

Kaz stares at the woman in front of her not quite believing the situation. "Just relax okay? My name is Kaz'meen Solo. I'm going to put my arms down, so don't shoot. I've been shot enough today as it is. I was going to the interlink array when I got sidetracked. And, just so you know, I practically saved your life. I'd say you owed me a life debt, well I would if I believed in life debts." Kaz adjusts her bag so the opening is near, just in case she needs to make a quick grab for her blaster. Not that she has much confidence in her own skills compared to the woman before her.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

See. Solo. You know that name, they're good peo-

Most of them are. Or were. Or - oh, you know what I mean.

Well, she woke you up, surely that deserves a little in the way of benefit of the doubt?

Not...necessarily. Remember?

Which one?

Kuat.

Oh...

Yeah.

Yeah.

So what then, just stay in stalemate until we can get an answer from Sara or-

Oh she did not just do that!

The monologue cuts off abruptly as the mention of life debts registers. Rage flashes for a moment in Grace's eyes, crackling deep and powerful within the sapphire irises. "Fascinating, I'm sure." She half-whispers, then pulls the trigger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll (1d20+7)[15]
    Show

<struck dumb>

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Grace's muscles are still stiff after just eating up from her nap, and her aim is just off. Kaz can feel the hairs on her arm sizzle as the blast fries several of them.

Roll initiatives.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2012-08-19 at 01:00 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

15. - Top - End - #105

Kaz desperately wants to grab her blaster, but doesn't. "I don't know what in the seven hells your problem is lady! Maybe I should have just left you to die in that thing. But I didn't, and do you want to know why? Becasue my brother told me that you don't take a life unless you have too. I have every right to pull my own blaster so we could have ourselves a good old fashioned shootout, but I'm not going too. I'm not going to let a bigoted human like you make me do something that I would likely regret. I've ran into a lot of people like you, people that think just beacasue I'm not a human I'm lower than scum. I've already told you that I thought this ship saved my life, I may not believe in life debts, but I do believe in paying back those who help you. So I'm gonna turn around, go to the array and do the best to fix it so this ship can take me back home like I asked her to. Then you can take this ship and go fly it into the sun for all I care." Kaz adjusts her bag once more and turns and walks out of the room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I just tunred my back on someone who has a gun to me, but we'll just see what happens. but, I'll still roll initiative, (1d20+3)[8] hopefully grace will have second thoughts on killing kaz, but the ball's in her court now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And if she doesn't, I hope her initiative is lower than mine, so I can run and scream like a little girl.
    Last edited by theskorpionking; 2012-08-19 at 02:06 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Told you.

Oh for pity's sa-

Wait a second,
    seven hells? What happened to the rest?

Really not the right time to be thinking about that.

Oh right, because
    clearly we're thinking straight right now.

I thought so. Now if both of you would kindly shut up, let's see if this is salvageable.

Grace blinks, surprise twitching onto her face at Kaz's reaction, then sighs. "Kaz, was it?" Her tone softens from the hard-edged predator it was moments ago. "You may well be right, it might have been easier to let me die. For both of us." She moves forward, holstering her blaster and catches the Twi'lek's wrist in a gentle grip that even a soft jerk will break.

"I am...sorry, Kaz." She seems about to say more, but retreats from whatever it was. "Later." She mutters to herself, then slips past the Twi'lek and heads straight for the Interlink Array.
    Show

<struck dumb>

17. - Top - End - #107

Kaz is confused for the briefest of moments, but sighs in relief. She let's Grace pass her and follows her to the array. "Um, hey I have to apologize too," Kaz says. "My brother always told me that I let my mouth get me into trouble. Most times he used to be there to get me out of trouble, now...." Her voice trails off, she had to take care of herself now.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Oh well done, you've made her sad.

At least
    I didn't shoot her!

Yeah, yeah, always the same thing wi-OW!

And let that be a lesson to you.

I..what..how...oh why do I bother..

Because it drives you insane not to.

Um...shouldn't we, I dunno, say something back?

Wha-oh! Yeah...yeah...uh...

Oh for pity's sake you're hopeless!

Grace freezes for a moment, then turns as Kaz trails off, bringing up one hand to hold the Twi'lek's shoulder as her eyes seek out those of her fellow.

"I can't pretend to know what you're feeling, everyone reacts differently to the death of a loved one. But I do understand what it's like." She sighs, squeezing her eyes shut for a moment.

Oh crap! Hold it, hold it!

Why? We-

NO! Not now! Sara needs us!

Serenity replaces pain as Grace's eyelids slide back again, and she forces a small smile. "If nothing else, I can help you there - if you are willing to accept my aid. I was...good at getting people out of trouble..." She trails off wistfully, memory flashing behind her eyes, then shakes herself.

"Come on, we can talk later. Right now Sara needs us. There's the faintest of pauses before that last word, but Grace doesn't seem to realise it as she turns again and walks through the door into the Interlink Array.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-08-19 at 08:18 AM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

19. - Top - End - #109

Kaz wanted to say something, but the woman was right, there would be time later. "After all of the...uh...excitment, I never got your name."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

My name...it's been so long since I knew if that was safe...

Oh does it really matter? She's not-

How do I-?

She would have killed you already.

I...you're right.

Grace seems to not even register the question for a moment, then smiles slightly - truly this time - and answers. "Grace. Grace Skywalker." She gestures ahead. "Now, let's see if we can fix this." She enters the room, looks around, and then asks. "Sara, can you give me a diagnostic? Or are the faults too extensive?"
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-08-19 at 04:26 PM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Robb nods at Kaz and heads down a panel in the floor to the core.

This ship might just have more problems then we do, he thinks to himself.

Checking the systems over quickly, most everything looked intact from his cursory views. Must be a software system problem, better see if Kaz found anything interesting.

Heading back up the panel, Robb heads in the direction where Kaz was headed. As he approached he began to hear noises which turned into conversation.

"How did we get boarded!" he muttered.

He quickly draws a blaster and heads down towards Kaz.

"Kaz, I'm on my way", he hells down the corridor.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click 'em all!

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

The Neurl Interlink room is simply a square room. Cables run along its walls and cieling, and a few snake down through the floor. In the center of the room as a small white pillar with a glowing light blue sphere glowing above it.

"Welcome to my interlink. From here I control all ships functions, analyze tactical information, and process data regarding my primary function. However, I recently developed a problem in my tertiary command processor, which has subsequently spread throughout the ship." A small panel opens near the base of the pillar.

"You may start the repair by removing the shielding covering the primary interlink matrix...."

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone attempting to make repairs may make the check. I will base the results off the highest roll.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #113

Kaz removed the panel and let out a whistle, "I haven't seen tech like this outside of my fathers shop. I love a challenge. Let's do this!" She sets her bag on the floor and grabs her toolkit out, she pauses as she opens it, wondering what Robb was doing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    making the repair check (1d20+11)[30]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Robb finally reaches the room where Kaz is at, blaster at the ready.

As he gets in the room, he sees Kaz on the floor working on the ship. Not taking notice of anything else in the room, he asks, "What are you doing, and who were you talking to?"
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click 'em all!

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

"And then replace the covering on the matrix. The panel may now be closed. Standby as command pathways are reconstructed." Silence for a minute as Sara works.

"A most excellent job, there are few repair facilities in our databanks that could match it. Reassessing data in banks. No errors detected. Sublight drive, Online. Sensors, Online. Shields, Online. Weapons, Online. Warning: Damage detected in Hyperdrive motivator. Recommend replacement of unit."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

26. - Top - End - #116

Kaz replaces the panel as Sara instructed. She jumps as she hears Robbs vocie behind her. She turns her head, I was fixing the array. Didn't you hear me over the comm? And the person I was talking to, she's right behind you. Kaz places her toolkit back in her bag and stands up. You know, I think my father might have a hyperdrive motivator that might work. When we get to Nar Shadda, I'll go and talk to him.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Still paying no attention to anything but Kaz, Robb asks inquisitively, "She who? It's just you and I on this ship. Were you hit harder than I thought? Perhaps you need some bed rest."
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click 'em all!

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Grace steps back and to one side as Kaz kneels down and begins to work, overriding her still present distrust with a tiny kernel of belief.

I wonder what Jaina would have thought of her.

Jaina? I think she would have liked her. At least before she became the Sword. From all accounts they're rather similar in their reaction to technology.

Yeah...but the question does come where this one got her knowledge.

Considering the mention of Nar Shadda, probably best not to ask.

True. Wait, Nar Shadda? We aren't heading the-

Head's up!

She slips to one side as Robb enters with all the subtlety of a falling tree, again distrust flaring. Metal whispers on leather as she draws her blaster pistol again.

You know, you really should give the guy the benefit of the doub-

Bite me. And if nothing else this should be hilarious.

See, you can't even object.

I hate you sometimes.

You hate yourself? Well now that explains everything, doesn't it.

Shut up.

The cool metal of the blaster taps Robb behind the ear.

"Or perhaps you need to learn to look and listen a bit harder." She says in not-quite-a-whisper, her breath cool against the back of his neck. "She I trust for now. You...well, that depends."

Out of sight of Robb, she winks - almost playfully - at Kaz to show that she's playing him. Considering the fact that they didn't seem to know each other at all, this might help a little.

For funsies
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d20+5)[23]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-08-21 at 03:28 PM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

As Robb awaits an answer from Kaz, he feels the all too familiar poke of a blaster.

For crying out loud!
    he thinks and lowers his blaster slowly. I really need to stop letting my guard down when Twi'leks are involved, all it does it makes things go from bad to worse.

"Let's not get too hasty now, whoever you are", he replies having no idea who or what is behind him, but the lack of action by Kaz has him more calm than he thinks he should be in a situation like this.

Staring at Kaz, "You think you can maybe give me a hand with this, or perhaps tell your new trusting friend that I'm on your side?"
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

Click 'em all!

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout

30. - Top - End - #120

Kaz winks back at Grace and gives Robb a wry grin. "It's okay Grace. He's sorta with me. He helped me out of a jam."