New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Captain Ryenos: Solo Mission

Bartok finishes casting the spell, Ryenos sees every single person other than him disappear and Ryenos is left on the beach. He takes 8 points of damage from the spell as it seemingly rebounds on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Bird Left Alone

Ryenos moans. "Whyyyy...me...."

Knowledge(Geography): (1d20-1)[18]

If he has no idea where he is, he will fly along the shore for a couple hours, looking for a port town.
    optimization is like salt. a pinch here and there can't hurt, but too much will spoil everything.

Wailing Death - Ryenos Shadowflare / Tyrael Lightbringer

My Homebrew: The Life Disciple

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Bird Left Alone

Well you are in the exact same spot as before you teleported, it seems everyone else teleported but you don't know where. Do you go north or south looking for a port town? You can't see a town in either direction.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2013-05-15 at 09:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Griffon

Default Re: Captain Ryenos: Solo Mission

Since I didn't actually teleport, I'll just head towards the closest town I remember from the map (it doesn't have to be along the shore). Probably going to fly at about 200 ft altitude, looking for a road or something heading for the town (or travelling along the shore if the closest town happens to be a port town.)
    optimization is like salt. a pinch here and there can't hurt, but too much will spoil everything.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

The closest town on the map that Ryenos remembers is the town of Ogrimar which is decently far inland about 40 miles from his current location, a road connects it with a northern port city but its farther if you attempt to take that path.

6. - Top - End - #6

Griffon

Ryenos will fly at about 200 ft altitude towards the town of Ogrimar. He will stop as soon as the town comes into sight.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

The baking sun and heat though sap Ryenos's strength as he flies towards the city mid day through a desert. He must make two fort saves (DC 19 and DC 20) for the first two hours or take (1d4)[2], (1d4)[1], non lethal damage. Ryenos travels about 14 miles in these two hours.

If Ryenos fails any of these fort saves he becomes fatigued thus dropping his carrying capacity from 19.5 to 15 and causing him to carry a medium load. Which causes him to be unable to fly.

Ryenos activates his flame's blessing stance and flies to the town of Ogimar, it takes him about 7 Hours to make the trip. It is now 5:00 PM for Ryenos. The Guard greats you and speaks in Orcish. Assuming Ryenos shows that he doesn't speak orcish the guard holds his hand for you to wait and sends a runner into town. The runner soon (10 minutes or so) comes back with a large ogre who speaks to you, Hello, small laguz. What brings you to our town? We don't get many laguz around here.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2013-05-16 at 02:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Griffon

"Hello. I would like to purchase some supplies, such as food, water, a map, and take a look at any other gear you have."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Ah an adventurer, that makes more sense. We like them they tend to spend a lot of money here. Let me send for a translator for you so you can communicate easier, some of us still practice our common but most of us have a pretty bad accent if we practice at all. The ogre laughs jollily as he says it. Within 15 minutes another orc comes by and greets you, Right this way I will show you to the general stores were you can purchase supplies.

10. - Top - End - #10

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive for first ogre: (1d20+23)[40]
    Sense Motive for second ogre: (1d20+23)[33]

"Great." Ryenos says, following the second ogre.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

You find a general store and a magic item shop rather quickly with your guide showing you the way through the town. The town seems to have a strong military presence as you stroll through the town spotting several watchtowers and noticing the strong spiked iron walls surrounding many buildings. You purchase the backpack, waterskins, and the map for 6 gp. The wizard who runs the magic item shop can make the item of Alarm and tells you to pick it up in the morning but asks for upfront payment. She informs you that she is unable to teleport and no one else in the city can as she is the strongest wizard, very few people in Ashara practice the arcane arts and most focus on druidic or clerical magic if they focus on magic at all. Your guide shows you to an inn if you wish to rest for the remainder of the day.

12. - Top - End - #12

Griffon

"Hmmm... divine casters and druids you say? Are there any druids or clerics who could cast powerful transportation spells, if not teleport some other form of rapid travel?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

The orcish wizard thinks to herself, Hm, not that I know of for public use. I am sure that the military would have someone that could transport you but they are all busy and can't justify leaving the town like that. You might be able to travel west to the oasis city state of Crossroads. They probably have a wizard who can teleport you if not a druid or cleric that could. Just follow the road out of town to the west and it will take you about a day to get there.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2013-05-16 at 06:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Griffon

"Ah ok, thanks. I think I will decline on the alarm item for now then. I assume you have some kind of tavern or inn where I could spend the night?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Your guide shows you the way to the inn where you can spend the night.

16. - Top - End - #16

Griffon

Ryenos will pay for a room for the night, and if nothing else happens leave for the city on day west the next morning.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

You pay 1 gp and wake up at 5:30 the next morning.

18. - Top - End - #18

Griffon

Ryenos is going to follow the path as the guide mentioned, about 200 feet in the air, until he gets to the town (flame's blessing stance on if the weather is as unbearably hot as yesterday, otherwise he'll use his normal illusion/see invisibility stance)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

The weather is not quite as hot but still enough to force saves every hour. You arrive at the town of Crossroads within 6 hours. You see several merchant caravans on the path but you pass them and they don't really seem to notice you. The city is a lot larger than the one you came from and merchant tents and shops are set up all through the city as you can see. The guards just nod as you enter the city and you enter without incident.

20. - Top - End - #20

Griffon

I ask one of the guards. "Hello, I'm interested in the services of an advanced spellcaster. Do you know where I might find one?"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

The orc speaks in broken common, Go up. Magic Quarter there. He points to a iron tower that is on a hill overlooking the city.

Assuming Ryenos heads towards the tower he sees several robed figures sitting around a burned out campfire on the plateau discussing something in what you assume to be orcish. The entrance to the iron tower is open and no guards are stationed, several magic shops line the area.

22. - Top - End - #22

Griffon

Ryenos approaches the robed figures. "Hello.. do you speak Common? I'm looking for the services of a powerful spellcaster."
    Last edited by Road_Runner; 2013-05-19 at 02:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

The robed figures all turn and glance towards one of their members who sighs and speaks as he takes off his hood revealing a well groomed gnoll, I supposed I have been selected. I am a wizard of some renown what exactly do you wish? An item? Teleportation? Binding outsiders? I am Haster a powerful conjurer.

24. - Top - End - #24

Griffon

"Hello Haster, my name is Ryenos. I need to get to Gilnian city, and I'd rather not have to fly there myself, as that would be very time consuming."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Haster raises an eyebrow, Gilnian City? What business do you have in the heart of the Gilnian empire. Also I don't have a spell that can reach that far but I do believe I can pull a work around. Conjurers are all about creativity. Explain your reasoning and we can talk about the price.

26. - Top - End - #26

Griffon

Sense Motive: (1d20+23)[41]

"Well, the only reason I'm in Ashara is because my ally's teleportation spell had an unfortunate mishap. I assume the rest of my allies will try to reconvene in Gilnian city, so that is why I'm going there."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

He seems to be a bit suspicious of you. He casts a spell to himself, stares at Ryenos and shrugs to himself, Still seems odd that a laguz would try to enter that blasted country. Do you live there?

28. - Top - End - #28

Griffon

"My allies and I work as guards in the Gilnian Empire, we are heading there to see what the current situation is of the plague outbreak in Neverwinter."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Haster looks somewhat annoyed, Why on earth would I help you to cure the plague? That plague was sent by Teron to strike at them for enslaving our ancestors in such a brutal fashion. They are paying the price and I will not aid someone in defying the Benevolent Overlord.

30. - Top - End - #30

Griffon

"Hmm.. I'm sorry to hear that. Personally, I don't agree with violence of either side of the war... but I care about the suffering of a lot of people, whether the are Gilnian or not." Ryenos turns away, thinking of another plan.