Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] RB OOC Thread 2 (all welcome to post)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    That's good, because unlike Luna here, I can't roleplay drunk at all.
    It's ok, you'll be getting something else at the start of thread six

*wiggles my fingers mysteriously*
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

Additionaly: OOC Thread!

Lets Watch: Skyland, Superman Goku vs steampunk robots and evil Jean Luc Picard.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

So as you all know, I've been talking to everyone about a bit of a problem we've been having.

Mostly, due to people having a hard time justifying keeping Adalhard around (but not wanting to actually kick him out), the level of fun people may be having is reduced.

So basically I'd like your thoughts on the matter, because I'm unsure how to proceed. On the one hand, we let things go their natural course and end up with everyone finally being fed up and kicking Adalhard out, or killing him. On the other Adalhard maybe stops being such a **** and excluding everyone and acting so high and mighty all the time, as if he doesn't care how it'll make everyone else feel.

Because I don't know. I honestly don't.

Lets Watch: Skyland, Superman Goku vs steampunk robots and evil Jean Luc Picard.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, I believe the best way to resolve this is a discussion where all of us are involved; thus, the best forum to carry it out is this one.

As I understand it, the majority (Zodi, Luna, Teddy, and myself) view is that the way that August has been roleplaying Adalhard causes unnecessary conflict and tension within the party. Adalhard has been acting highly irrational and antagonistic toward the other party members, undertaking morally dubious actions without the others' knowledge or even consent, and judging by his recent spoilered actions, continuing to actively work against the party's interests. We did not sign up for a PvP game, and the level of antagonism that Adalhard brings to the table is, in our opinions, detrimental to the game as a whole.

Some compromise must be made in order to preserve the peace. In my view, the problem is coming from the way that Adalhard is played, and the easiest way to fix that is for Adalhard to stop being so antagonistic toward the party, or if that is impossible, to be replaced with another character who will be easier to work with. I am hoping that we can come to a peaceful resolution about this.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

4. - Top - End - #274

I feel that the primary concern is the story, and as such, having an entire character personality change because we don't like it affecting the story will affect it even more.

Continuity is a huge matter, and it bugs me enough with all the obvious holes when it comes to Teodor, but I personally don't think there is a salavagable way to keep Adalhard in the group.

This of course, doesn't extend to August, as this is strictly in-game. Conflict is all very well, but once it simply is ludicrous that we retain a character, it just stops making sense.

Which is a pity, because if he hadn't been quite so antagonistic, I would have found it excellent to have him around, as he did provide some more character depth before it just turned to our blatant roleplaying-ignoral for OOC reasons.
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Squeeable Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quick question Moony, but is there a way Bast may be persuaded to accept Adalhard that would work in character?

Which reminds me, we still need to work on a way to have Teodor leave. You should come on one of these days so we can discuss that, since it's getting closer.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, yeah, I don't like the conflict either. It's no fun when everyone's just screaming at eachother, but my main problem with it is that I spend huge amounts of time thinking about it and trying to figure out ways in which I can have it resolved in character. Just typing up that first attempt at mediation with Adalhard probably took me two hours. Typing. I must've spent several hours thinking about it on beforehand. Honestly, it's taxing to keep up the practice, and I don't think I can do so for much longer.

I still haven't gotten to Bast, for example. I'll need to figure out a way to get her to listen to Elden to start with. And a way for Elden to overcome his feelings of guilt toward her, or at least do something progressive that still is in accorance to them. And a reason for why the conversation would take place to start with. I can always plan (I always do), build an intricate network of conditions and actions, but predicting the future is hard, and sometimes you bet too high on the wrong card, and all your planning is rendered void, leaving you to salvage what rest there is.

Don't get me wrong, I like trying to solve conflicts. The problem is, the reward, while often great, lies in the solution, so if I can't succeed in reaching one, I won't feel gratified either, and with the knowledge of how much time I've poured into it... yeah, that's not a good feeling. Which is why I don't give up either, for whatever the price is to reach a solution, for as long as I think I can see it on the horison, letting go would hurt more than marching on...

Until I fall from exhaustion, that is.
    I'm doing a Tour de Friends! Posting may be sporadic, pictures hopefully not.

Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277

I really doubt it, and I swear, I've really tried to think of all possible ways. I don't want to drive out Adalhard necessarily, I just want to maintain in-characterness.

In terms of Teodor, heck, part of me thought just to have Teodor get killed off, get Bast to leave with him, and then we cut out her and her conflict. Except I kind of really don't want to do that. I'll try and find time to come on later though.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

...speaking as an outside observer...honestly, it makes more sense, if someone has to leave, for it to be Adalhard than for it to be Bast. I'm biased, yes; Adalhard is the character I hate most in this story, and Bast is...roughly, my third favorite, but...for the party to constantly accede to him, or compromise for him, just feels very awkward. Especially with him having entered the story later. It'd be one thing if he had been there at the start...I mean, it'd still be awkward, but for the party to have developed a camaraderie of sorts, then introduce a character who causes tons of internal strife and conflict, and to place his well-being above those of the people you already had established relationships...it just feels...weird.

EDIT: To follow on my thoughts...that the questions asked are "is there any possible way your character could concede to accept Adalhard" and not "would it be natural for your character to accept Adalhard" highlight the awkwardness of it all. Especially since very few of the characters are the turn the other cheek, forgive and forget types. In fact, to be completely honest, it's felt very weird seeing Elden attempting to play peacemaker lately, because that didn't seem to fit with my understanding of his character before. I don't know if that's because previously I misinterpreted him, but if felt very out of nowhere and just made the entire thing feel a bit...odd.

TL;DR: The longer this has gone on, the less believable the characters have felt with having to readjust themselves to work with Adalhard.
    Last edited by Cobra_Ikari; 2012-10-23 at 06:16 PM.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody. *hugs*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Whenever I see a post by Cobra I think of the kitten sitting on a pillow that hugs everyone... everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Zergling Ikari rush! I'm in ur base, hugging ur doods!

Playground God of Hugs and Other Physical Affections. *snuggles*

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    In fact, to be completely honest, it's felt very weird seeing Elden attempting to play peacemaker lately, because that didn't seem to fit with my understanding of his character before. I don't know if that's because previously I misinterpreted him, but if felt very out of nowhere and just made the entire thing feel a bit...odd.
    Ahh, see, Elden is pragmatic, and mediating in a conflict generaly yields better results than ignoring or fueling it. Also, he just grew tired with being constantly annoyed at Adalhard and decided to try and fix things himself.

Actually, if you look at it as Elden attempting to stay in control and maintain authority, it makes perfect sense. If those with him can't cooperate, he can't direct them.

Also, I'm trying to move Elden a bit toward a more considerate demeanor. You might want to get used to it (even though he may slip backwards a bit as soon as the situation stabilises).

Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

That reminds me Teddy, that thing we talked about, I talked to Moony about it and she's go for it being a thing we can try, once we find that right time to try it.

Yay vagueness.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I usually dislike setting up situations behind the scene, but hey, I'm not complaining?

Also, I'm still too tired to roleplay. I'll have Elden act tomorrow, I promise.

Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Completely understandable. Get your rest Teddy, you need it.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

I shouldn't roleplay newly awake people when I'm ill. I had to think quite hard to figure out how you could feel tired while still not tired enough to sleep for eight hours straight, whereafter you wish you could sleep four hours more...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-10-25 at 09:53 AM.

Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

I think you did a good job. I'd maybe describe that he has bags under his eyes, but that's just me.

Get better soon, by the way. I'm sending my hugs!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-25 at 09:53 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I think you did a good job. I'd maybe describe that he has bags under his eyes, but that's just me.
    That's a bit over the top, actually. The point is that he should look as if he barely slept six hours after a rough day, not like he's been awake through the whole night.

Get better soon, by the way. I'm sending my hugs!
    Yeah, I'd better do. I have a party tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow. And gaming night tonight, although I may skip that one for the sake of my own wellbeing...

Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    That's a bit over the top, actually. The point is that he should look as if he barely slept six hours after a rough day, not like he's been awake through the whole night.

Yeah, I'd better do. I have a party tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow. And gaming night tonight, although I may skip that one for the sake of my own wellbeing...
    Ahh, good point.

Oh, I never really pegged you as a guy who'd do that type of stuff. Sounds fun though, have fun when you can and make sure to get some rest (and some chicken soup!)

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, I never really pegged you as a guy who'd do that type of stuff. Sounds fun though, have fun when you can and make sure to get some rest (and some chicken soup!)
    It's rare, but it happens. Two friends of mine have their birthday parties and they both happened to happen this weekend.

Show

18. - Top - End - #288

I can't remember the last party I went to.

Have fun Teddy-boy!

In the meantime, I am trying to play a character with a headache while I'm so sleep-deprived I can't remember my nicknames for my friends. This is FUN!

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry about the delay in posting guys. I'm just waiting untill everyone had confirmation on what we're doing (also, I think Pinkhair and Moony are indisposed at the moment).

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

LaLa, how are the maps going?

Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for the delay. I'll finish em up for Monday at the earliest, Wednesday at the latest. Again, sorry for the delay.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

No problem. I'd be a hypocrite if I were to complain anyway.

Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, guys, could you all PM me a list of what item slots you don't have filled, and maybe also some suggestions for what you might like for magic items so I have an idea of what you want?

I ask only because I don't actually 100% know what all you guys got for equipment right now, truth be told.

Also, if you HAVE sent this to me before, send again because I likely have lost it (this is mostly directed at AdalhardPinkhair).

Also, Mattos, you're mooore or less exempt from this since I'm absolutely crazy and have plans for you. *waggles fingers ominously*
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-20 at 06:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Dun dun DUNNNNN!
    Avatar by me. My PM box is always open, for avatars, or just talking.

I am a:
    Spoiler
    Show

Neutral Good Elf Druid/Cleric (1st/1st Level)
    Futhark rune by Icewalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Oh hey, I'm one day before my deadline. Sweet. Hooray

26. - Top - End - #296

Adalhard sent you something?

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

...yes, yes, right

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Adalhard sent you something?
    Yes, LaZ receives messages from schizophrenic Russians; though she might have gotten his name wrong slightly.
    3DS FC: Avgvst 3497-0260-6628 | Fire Safari (Ponyta/Charmeleon/Ninetails) | Synchronize Ralts of (Almost) every Nature | PM as needed
    If you feel the need to abbreviate or capitalize my user name, please do so with Avgvst, Pink-Haired August or ara

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Posting from my Wii U. Just thought you guys would want to know that. Anyway, who's gonna knock/open that door?

30. - Top - End - #300

Why is Adalhard the bishop? Does it have something to do with his personality or fighting style? Or is it just because the bishop is most often found on C1?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.