Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] RB OOC Thread 2 (all welcome to post)

It's sort of been an unstated rule, yha, that as long as you're good at seperating IC and OOC knowledge, you can look at spoilers.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

Additionaly: OOC Thread!

Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'll wait for confirmation from Teddy as well.

I wouldn't want to get unfair...
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Squeeable Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    August, would you kindly explain your OOC reason for having Adalhard suddenly viciously betraying the party like this? This stuff has potential to seriously harm the game, y'know.
    Explaining most of my characters actions OOC normally kills the joy and the mystique of actually treading around, knowing why someone does it makes one likely to follow a given course of action, which is not always "spontaneous", hence I try not to explain Adalhard's reason OOC (he and I do have them, and considering my bookkeeping of everything I could provide the sheet should LaZ ever ask, I'm just not going to reveal them... until probably the end of the campaign) or even read the spoilers since it makes one more concious of things the character shouldn't be.

As for OOC reasoning. I do not consider it a betrayal, he has not attacked a single party member that he takes a divergent course of action in a non key time is also not betrayal so much as deviance or at worst insubordination if it were a hierarchical structure; anarchism if one were to consider the party a democracy. There also has been absolutely no tentative of attack to any party member at all... except himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Not just Bast. Juniper is glad for the chance to beat the crap out of Adalhard as well.
    (Well played, August.)
    I can only provide windows of opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Also, I love how Adalhard keeps being wrong about Elden's willingness to kill everyone disagreeing with him. Even though he's threatened to use harm a few times, he's only ever raised his hand toward a fellow party member once. At this pace, he's going to be the second to most peaceful party member after Carric really soon. The ironic part is that that position is currently held by Bast (even though she tried to swipe at Elden with her fist once).
    Carric has yet to attack another party member. Adalhard has only used redirects, he has done no hp damage to any party member at any point or even targeted (in the sense of targeting with a damaging effect) another party member. Bast is the one with the highest HP damage done as well as episodes of violence. Adalhard is the one that ends up in second place for episodes but has Carric's track record on damage.

Also, on tangential news (or OOC OOC):

Maybe due to me forgetting if LaZ had asked me to compose character themes for her webcomic in progress or for the campaign; maybe due to getting free time from not actually having to do anything but roll saves during a week; or perhaps because I got a bigger side-project with similar requirements in a given area; but I'm starting to develop the RB OST.

It originally was composed during February for the piano, and kinda died there since I lacked recording equipment and midi sounded disastrous. However, I managed to acquire a synth and the necessary hardware and software to produce decently sounding music; at which point I felt the need to further develop the basic songs into fully orchestral pieces.

As of now there is only one Character Theme ready, and two derivative songs. Hopefully I'll have all of the Character Theme's done by the end of the year and the last derivative track done along with any locale I think would be musically suitable for tracking. I'm looking into getting at least 12 working tracks compressed to an audio CD.

Elden Theme's: Antiminuet of the Forest
    Bast Derivative Work: Fiendish Piano Lessons
    Adalhard's Theme: Sonata of Shattered Ice
    Adalhard Derivative Work: IU
    Carric's Theme: Bossa of the Shadows
    Juniper's Theme: Allegro Vivace Bard
    Juniper Derivative Work: Andante Movido Paladin
    Dendritical Titan: Turn Overcoat
    Bast Antiderivative Work: Catsody in Red (Written, not recorded)
    Overland Theme (Written, not recorded)

This is probably the second biggest musical project I've undertaken, already at 280 pages of sheet music for the 3 orchestral pieces posted above. The piano-alone pages sum up to a comfortable 78 pages spread along a mess of paper based products taped or glued together into one gigantic accordion of sheet music which lasts around an hour un-arranged and if played on quick succession. I'm thinking of eventually releasing the sheet music, but it would probably be useless to anybody since it's written for an orchestra, and the piano versions are written in hieroglyphs which I'm not even sure I understand at times.
    Last edited by araveugnitsuga; 2013-05-13 at 12:07 PM.
    3DS FC: Avgvst 3497-0260-6628 | Fire Safari (Ponyta/Charmeleon/Ninetails) | Synchronize Ralts of (Almost) every Nature | PM as needed
    If you feel the need to abbreviate or capitalize my user name, please do so with Avgvst, Pink-Haired August or ara

4. - Top - End - #154

I knew I didn't kill your character for a reason.

Also, <squeals like an absolute fool of a teenage girl> You got the Bast derivative! And Irascible Underling too! (Although I see you left out Turn Overcoat).

Also, just saw the adorable part where LaLa is on top of all our characters.

...Is it wrong this campaign is making me go all sentimental?

<wanders off to listen to Basty music.>

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

ITs your first DND campaign, it's ok to get emotionaly attached

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oscar clip, right their.
    Oscar clip?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I'll wait for confirmation from Teddy as well.

I wouldn't want to get unfair...
    There's noting I can do to physically stop you, is there? That said, I suggest that you wait until after Elden gets back to the rest of the group. There is a great chance that Bast will get an altered perception of what follows if you read it first, and I wouldn't want that to happen for reasons that will become more clear later (they're in the spoiler box, disclosing them would potentially yield too much information).

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Carric has yet to attack another party member. Adalhard has only used redirects, he has done no hp damage to any party member at any point or even targeted (in the sense of targeting with a damaging effect) another party member. Bast is the one with the highest HP damage done as well as episodes of violence. Adalhard is the one that ends up in second place for episodes but has Carric's track record on damage.
    Yes, hence the position as the most peaceful party member. And while Adalhard hasn't caused any damage to anyone yet, he uses his powers a lot more to affect other party members actions, mostly by denying them what they want to do, but as now, actually causing them (her) to do something they (she) expressly didn't want to, which is the reason to why I rank him below Elden.

Hmm, not bad, although it feels more like a description of the chaos that revolves around him than Elden himself, and if I imagine a music video for this one (as I tend to do with music), it'd be Elden seen from behind, walking down a path, being the only constant as the entire universe rapidly changes around him (wow, that sounded a lot more narcissistic that I imagined).

But then again, I generally imagine my themes as being built much like the music I like the most, which would be a lot more calm and introspective...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-09-15 at 05:02 AM.
    I'm doing a Tour de Friends! Please drop by and tell me if you're interested in having me drop by for a visit this summer!

Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

"Oscar Clip" is a term used to describe the scene that will get shown off during the Oscar nominations. I'm saying that your entire speech was amazing.

8. - Top - End - #158

Okay, I'll (we'll?) wait.

<mrrragh>
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-09-15 at 01:30 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

>.>

Come on, kill or exile Adalhard already! >.>

Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody. *hugs*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Whenever I see a post by Cobra I think of the kitten sitting on a pillow that hugs everyone... everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Zergling Ikari rush! I'm in ur base, hugging ur doods!

Playground God of Hugs and Other Physical Affections. *snuggles*

10. - Top - End - #160

Bast can't close up kill him, I doubt she'll get backup from anyone now that the heat of the moment is passed, and it'll probably backfire on her, since Elden's probably still mad at her.

Exile, I dunno. Bast lacks the individual power. What could she say that has anymore sticking power than Juniper's shout during the battle.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    >.>

Come on, kill or exile Adalhard already! >.>

Hey!

No SOUP! Character Theme for you!
    3DS FC: Avgvst 3497-0260-6628 | Fire Safari (Ponyta/Charmeleon/Ninetails) | Synchronize Ralts of (Almost) every Nature | PM as needed
    If you feel the need to abbreviate or capitalize my user name, please do so with Avgvst, Pink-Haired August or ara

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Considering what his character theme is, that line is actually kind of funny.

Also, if it wasn't obvious by this point, Cobra's the new player guuuuuuys. Oh man a secret so much in the open it's more obviously then some really obvious thing.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-09-16 at 02:25 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Dammit, I wish my character were more verbose. I write long, beautiful rants in response, perfectly capturing her tone...

...And then I realize that if it were actually like her, then she owuldn't be able to talk like that for two sentences straight. <sighs>

If Bast leaves the party with Teodor, or if she gets killed, I'm making another dude for the Bookworm Brigade. <promises>

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Understood Moonie, though I'd much rather Bast not leave. Once we've finally squared away wheter or not Adalhard is leaving the party, we can work to figure out a way for Teodor to leave without Bast going with him.

15. - Top - End - #165

Yeah, I have a plan for that. Just don't kill him, because then she'll definitely leave then.

Oh, by the way, August, your XP is 150 too much. I noticed while I was hunting for Adalhard's last name.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I have a plan for that. Just don't kill him, because then she'll definitely leave then.

Oh, by the way, August, your XP is 150 too much. I noticed while I was hunting for Adalhard's last name.
    I just wait for LaZ to say level up to level up and vaguely guess around where we should be. Abezgauz you mean? Because it's totally found on the first page of the thread.
    Last edited by araveugnitsuga; 2012-09-16 at 02:35 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167

I just wait for LaZ to say level up to level up and vaguely guess around where we should be. Abezgauz you mean? Because it's totally found on the first page of the thread.
    Yea,h I know. I just had forgotten and was trying to check your sheet, because I couldn't quite remember where I'd found it two or three days ago.

<grumbles about how her years of Mock Trial and Debate get lost when the only plays a character like Bast, and how no one will ever realize she actually is decent at arguing>

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Considering what his character theme is, that line is actually kind of funny.

Also, if it wasn't obvious by this point, Cobra's the new player guuuuuuys. Oh man a secret so much in the open it's more obviously then some really obvious thing.
    Yeah, it's been in the opens since page 4. And that's when it's obvious to someone who sometimes can be as clueless as he's sharp...

<grumbles about how her years of Mock Trial and Debate get lost when the only plays a character like Bast, and how no one will ever realize she actually is decent at arguing>
    Tell me about it. I constantly have to suppress my tendency to understate myself and express uncertainity when roleplaying Elden, which I in turn adopted as a means to avoid drifting toward the extreme, or being ascribed opinions I don't hold, while debating. It's funny how a simple observation about how a debate usually proceeds ends up defining my character so much that I actually have a hard time putting it aside.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-09-16 at 07:54 AM.
    I'm doing a Tour de Friends! Please drop by and tell me if you're interested in having me drop by for a visit this summer!

Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Trust me, I know what you mean. You say one time that you don't want a certain type of food today, and your parents never make it again ever because they think you hate it.

This is vaguely similiar to what you said.

20. - Top - End - #170

Trust me, I know what you mean. You say one time that you don't want a certain type of food today, and your parents never make it again ever because they think you hate it.

This is vaguely similiar to what you said.
    Ugh, yeah. My parents always do this. the few things I actually despise, they never remember (eggs, avocados very small rocks....). And they keep on mixing up my hates with my brother's hates.

Soo...

Am I gonna get punched for the post I made last night?

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

You're not going to get PUNCHED Moonie.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

The ball is rolling...

Show

23. - Top - End - #173

I really, really do not like this latest Bast quote. It feels really crappy, badly-written. Oh, and the subject matter. Yeah, that sucks.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

...is it weird that I kinda feel like Adalhard forcing Bast to attack the pseudodragon was a bigger violation of her rights than the succubus dominating her?

...I mean, both were pretty awful things, but... >.>

Spoiler
    Show
    Whenever I see a post by Cobra I think of the kitten sitting on a pillow that hugs everyone... everyone

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    ...is it weird that I kinda feel like Adalhard forcing Bast to attack the pseudodragon was a bigger violation of her rights than the succubus dominating her?

...I mean, both were pretty awful things, but... >.>
    This comparison makes no sense whatsoever. Rape involves after-effects like depersonalization, an inability to ever again form affective bonds, social self isolation, massive amounts of self blame, and in some cases suicide.

The other case is partially in line with certain types of torture, but of note is that the drake isn't even dead and it is not a long loved friend or familiar, merely something she just suddenly wanted to protect.

There is a reason sexual crimes have bigger sentences than other types of crimes, they are particularly awful in the after effects to victims. Both psychologically and physiologically.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Ok how about we just drop this line of thought right now.

Say, Pinkhair, how is your day? Tell the thread about your awesome new song!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-09-16 at 03:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, Luna, I'd say that you're free to read Elden's speech to Adalhard, seeing as conversation's over for now. It's nothing Earth-shattering, I just wanted Bast's reaction to Adalhard's apology to be stained by assumption and unspoiled by fact. It was what I'd been building up toward, after all.

Show

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Hey, Luna, I'd say that you're free to read Elden's speech to Adalhard, seeing as conversation's over for now. It's nothing Earth-shattering, I just wanted Bast's reaction to Adalhard's apology to be stained by assumption and unspoiled by fact. It was what I'd been building up toward, after all.
    <reads, feeling slightly guilty all the way through>

Whoa.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

<reads, feeling slightly guilty all the way through>

Whoa.

Spoiler
    Show
    You see that everywhere, Moonie.

...*suddenly wonders if you have a PS3, and then next time he's at Landon's, he'll attempt to kill you by way of exsanguination through the nasal cavity. *...

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

Question Re: [4e] RB OOC Thread 2 (all welcome to post)

Who the feck is Landon?

Also, august, does your latest post mean Adalhard will live to 1,000, and is currently 210?

Spoiler
    Show