Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] RB OOC Thread 2 (all welcome to post)

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I'm a Dwarf Fortress player. When you go biome-hunting, you'd better learn to tell the biome just from the tile and colour.

To be honest, however, the custom tileset threw me a bit off.
    Aaah, ok. As someone who SO doesn't understand Dwarf Fortress I haven't even succeded in getting anyone killed, that impresses me all the same.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

Additionaly: OOC Thread!

Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

...What happened with Adalhard blocking out Bast? I'm not sure I get that.
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Squeeable Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, basically, Adalhard asked Carric to keep Bast out, but due to just...time shinaningans, he closed the door before Carric could do this. As a result, he and Carric are now inside the inn, door closed, and everyone else is outside it.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Aaah, ok. As someone who SO doesn't understand Dwarf Fortress I haven't even succeded in getting anyone killed, that impresses me all the same.
    Fortress mode or adventure mode? Because the former just means that you're still on your first year and so far has failed to cause any major mining accidents, while the latter is a bit more telling.

Also, I assume you've checked out the wiki, yes? It's great, even for an experienced player like me.
    I'm doing a Tour de Friends! Please drop by and tell me if you're interested in having me drop by for a visit this summer!

Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Fortress mode or adventure mode? Because the former just means that you're still on your first year and so far has failed to cause any major mining accidents, while the latter is a bit more telling.

Also, I assume you've checked out the wiki, yes? It's great, even for an experienced player like me.
    Fortress mode. The problem is that I can't even get mining to work. I'm completely inept at this and wish the controls had SOME degree of sensemake to them.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, the first few games was a lot of trial and error to me. I mostly used the help section, but I remember there being a few tutorials on the wiki.

Oh, and I remember having problems with figuring out how to do mining as well when I first began playing. It's found under the "Designations" menu, and the key commands are d + d (or just d when the X cursor is underground, as it then defaults to mining). Woodcutting, plant-gathering and stair-carving is found under "Designations" as well.

You know, this is actually one of those situations when even I reckon that chat would be handy. Learning someone play DF is almost as tricky as doing tech support.
    I'm doing a Tour de Friends! Please drop by and tell me if you're interested in having me drop by for a visit this summer!

Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the first few games was a lot of trial and error to me. I mostly used the help section, but I remember there being a few tutorials on the wiki.

Oh, and I remember having problems with figuring out how to do mining as well when I first began playing. It's found under the "Designations" menu, and the key commands are d + d (or just d when the X cursor is underground, as it then defaults to mining). Woodcutting, plant-gathering and stair-carving is found under "Designations" as well.

You know, this is actually one of those situations when even I reckon that chat would be handy. Learning someone play DF is almost as tricky as doing tech support.
    Totally agreed their Teddy

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think it really matters how good or bad the pun was, that it was CARRIC who made it made my jaw drop and me laugh uncontrollably. =3
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody. *hugs*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Whenever I see a post by Cobra I think of the kitten sitting on a pillow that hugs everyone... everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Zergling Ikari rush! I'm in ur base, hugging ur doods!

Playground God of Hugs and Other Physical Affections. *snuggles*

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    I don't think it really matters how good or bad the pun was, that it was CARRIC who made it made my jaw drop and me laugh uncontrollably. =3
    Excellent
    Avatar by me. My PM box is always open, for avatars, or just talking.

I am a:
    Spoiler
    Show

Neutral Good Elf Druid/Cleric (1st/1st Level)
    Futhark rune by Icewalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

10. - Top - End - #220

Wait, so is this Adalhard's creation? Did he tell it to kill the people?

Also, still unclear, how did this plant show up in the first place?

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sure Adalhard will explain it after the fight, but here's a basic gist of it thing.

The medicene Bast is taking? It's made from these plants. Elden, with Adalhard's assistence, created them on Adalhard's requested. Unfortunately, neither one of them had their information COMPLETELY correct, so there were no wards on the plant protecting it from the taint of the Shadowfell. Because Adalhard made a bloody mess in his room carving up his back, that blood soaked into the floor, where he planted the flowers. The taint makes plants crave blood and meat, so they drank of his blood, growing stronger, roots extending out of the room into other nearby houses, strangling house animals and stuff and sucking up their blood.

Eventually, they got strong enough that they could eat full on meat based creatures, growing bigger and stronger, untill monster plant happens! We've gotta kill it now.

Like I said, Adalhard will likely explain this (and more, like what he was talking to the plant about when he trapped himself and Carric in their) after the fight.

12. - Top - End - #222

Oh, I see. And how much of this does Bast personally know?

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    By this point she knows the flower is Adalhard's and Elden's fault, he feels really bad about it, and she has to point her swords at it untill it dies.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-09-26 at 08:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    [...] strangling house animals and stuff and sucking up their blood.
    And by house animals, she mean rats and slaves, seeing how real tame animals are crazy expensive around where we are.

That depends. How much has she been listening to Elden and Adalhard bickering about whom to blame (they both try to pin it on themselves)?

Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

And by house animals, she mean rats and slaves, seeing how real tame animals are crazy expensive around where we are.
    You're more correct then you know. I forgot to mention it, and no reason to really spoil it, buut. You recall seeing a pseudodragon on the Asterion slave ring "product sheet", as it were.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Finished Carric's theme today and managed to upload it after fighting a duel to death against half of my recording equipment.
    3DS FC: Avgvst 3497-0260-6628 | Fire Safari (Ponyta/Charmeleon/Ninetails) | Synchronize Ralts of (Almost) every Nature | PM as needed
    If you feel the need to abbreviate or capitalize my user name, please do so with Avgvst, Pink-Haired August or ara

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, that was pretty awesome.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Finished Carric's theme today and managed to upload it after fighting a duel to death against half of my recording equipment.
    You shouldn't duel your equipment to death. No matter what the outcome is, you'll be incapable of recording your music, and that's a bad thing, since your music is good (if a bit disharmonious at times, in my opinion).

Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Yha. To be fair to Pinkhair though, playing a guitar is like fighting 5 ro 8 rapier fighters at once, bare handed

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I was pretty bad at guitar myself when we were learning it in school (back in grade 7, IIRC).

Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

You shouldn't duel your equipment to death. No matter what the outcome is, you'll be incapable of recording your music, and that's a bad thing, since your music is good (if a bit disharmonious at times, in my opinion).
    It's a product of passing the cable order threshold and having overpar wiring and equipment for recording but the worst possible actual recorder ever... my craptastic laptop which refuses to stay on even when directly connected to a power source due to problems on the contact between the charger and the laptop itself; and sometimes feels like an overenthusiastic ADHD filled boy trying to noise suppress noise not meant to be suppressed or removing acoustic echo meant to be there.

Add on top that I sometimes end up surround by instruments without noticing, specially in the case of heavily synthesised stuff or when using heavy instrumentation simultaneously and I have to fight to get out or record, that and I can't control people not entering, because locking the door usually results in door banging.

This time it was probably the worst I'll get to, because the guitar requires more space for playing than synthesizers do, so I needed neck space on top of the small semi-circle of synths+clavinova I usually form... of which half work as controllers rather than instruments. Not to mention the control tower being away from me (at this point I realised I should be considering getting myself a mixing console and just record in my room instead of at the music room and just play everything at a synth.)

I probably could also record each part one at a time but that'd be wasting time since for some cases I don't need my two hands for the piano or for the strings and I'd have to re-arrange the room repeatedly for each instrument while on a single massive set-up I get it done in a smaller fraction of time. On the other hand... cabling would be A LOT easier.
    3DS FC: Avgvst 3497-0260-6628 | Fire Safari (Ponyta/Charmeleon/Ninetails) | Synchronize Ralts of (Almost) every Nature | PM as needed
    If you feel the need to abbreviate or capitalize my user name, please do so with Avgvst, Pink-Haired August or ara

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Wow. That is amazing, August. I love it

And for the non-musically inclined, what does "Bossa" mean?
    Avatar by me. My PM box is always open, for avatars, or just talking.

I am a:
    Spoiler
    Show

Neutral Good Elf Druid/Cleric (1st/1st Level)
    Futhark rune by Icewalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    Wow. That is amazing, August. I love it

And for the non-musically inclined, what does "Bossa" mean?
    Thanks. There is a guitar only track of it, but it sounds wrong mainly because I wanted someone to sing along but know no singer with Bossa Nova ability in my vicinity, that and because I suck at playing the guitar.

The word "bossa" is slang for doing something with particular charm, natural flair or innate ability in Brazil.

It's also alluding to Bossa Nova, a musical genre which is kind of like Samba but without percussion. Explaining it is kind of hard without using the misnomer of Jazz meets Samba since Bossa actually became a something of a Jazz standard since Jazz musicians took a liking to it, but was born from one guy who is still alive called Joao Gilberto (and well, Jobim and de Moraes) who parted from Samba but wanted something else (and was thrown to a madhouse for two months for composing something so unheard of by his father no less). Sometimes its called elevator music but it has a lot more going for it. True Bossa is normally a guitar alone, a piano accompanying at most, sometimes replaced for a xylophone; some composers throw in strings to approximate it to a more northern standard.

The most famous piece of Bossa is the first Bossa song ever which is Chega de Saudade, here sung by Gilberto. The most popular one is of course Garota de Ipanoema here played by both de Moraes and Jobim.
    Last edited by araveugnitsuga; 2012-10-01 at 04:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234

Interesting. It seems my parents are entertained by me leaping out of my chair and shouting BOOYAH BITCHES before doing a victory dance and settling back into my seat.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Crit all the things!

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

On one hand, my fingers are itching to let Elden step in and make sense out of the situation. On the other hand, it's nice to see the others interact with eachother without Elden's constant meddling to preserve the status quo...

Still reading the Elven spoilers, however.

Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Don't worry, you'll be back soon enough

28. - Top - End - #238

Okay, in order to properly role=play IC, can I at least OOC know what the heck's going on? Or did this happen in spoiler boxes or something? I'm really, really confused.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

What happened, happened in the spoiler boxes when Carric and Adalhard where in the inn alone. I am not at liberty to tell you, sorry. You'll just have to ask in character (as you did).

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, in order to properly role=play IC, can I at least OOC know what the heck's going on? Or did this happen in spoiler boxes or something? I'm really, really confused.
    How is proper role-playing a given situation related to extraneous knowledge to this one?