New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Southern Americas in the Playground (from Mexico all the way down!)

Big celebrations over here?.... well, there's a party always, and around here everybody has music playing all the time somewhere, but big celebrations?...

well, there's mostly religious celebrations about saints and stuff, like "La chinita" in Maracaibo, one of the big cities, on the west of the country; a countrywide one would be Carnival, with LOADS of parades and costumes and stuff, also we celebrate the entire Holy week, and the whole week if free (no schools ), we don't have Halloween officially, though there's still decorations around.

I don't really remember all of them right now, but we have many celebrations
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

For Mexican Playgrounders, are you planning something for the 15/16 of the month?
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

NOT going over to the Distrito. Other than that, nope. Maybe a family reunion of sorts.
    Others?
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

I live in the States, so... maybe I'll order tequila at the bar instead of vodka. *nod nod*

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

Hm, what's in 15/16? I feel so dumb

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Mexico independence day.

I'm so disgusted at current political events, I'll likely do absolutely nothing for the 15/16.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

No, blue! Do not mention the--!! The mods see everything! We're doomed!
    ----

Well, I don't feel our politics should be taken into account for national holidays. That doesn't change the fact that I still don't care much for the so-called "Independence Day" (More like, Independence Beginning Day).
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Well in my case it is mostly an excuse to party and drink a lot, and since one of my high school friends is going to host a party that is what I'll do.
    Just call me Dusk

9. - Top - End - #99
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Well in my case it is mostly an excuse to party and drink a lot, and since one of my high school friends is going to host a party that is what I'll do.
    Yeah, that's mostly what I do.
    September 7th a national holiday around here - the declaration of republic. My thoughts about it can be summed up by this song. If somebody wants the lyrics or a translation, PM me.

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by Crimmy View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that I still don't care much for the so-called "Independence Day" (More like, Independence Beginning Day).
    You know, I've always thought that. Americans celebrate the 4th. of July, which is the date their Declaration of Independence was adopted and signed, while we celebrate September 15/16, the date.... the war for independence started. It wasn't over for 11 years after that... I wish we celebrated the date the war ended instead.

We need an excuse? How about "There's alcohol available."?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crimmy View Post
    No, blue! Do not mention the--!! The mods see everything! We're doomed!
    Sorry! I won't mention the why's though!

I dunno, though. The thought of celebrating something when the current stuffs feel so... icky... it just doesn't appeal to me. I kind of feel like I'd be applauding the stuffs I'm upset about.
    Last edited by bluewind95; 2012-09-03 at 10:44 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    You know, I've always thought that. Americans celebrate the 4th. of July, which is the date their Declaration of Independence was adopted and signed, while we celebrate September 15/16, the date.... the war for independence started. It wasn't over for 11 years after that... I wish we celebrated the date the war ended instead.
    That indeed makes a lot more sense.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

For Mexican Playgrounders, are you planning something for the 15/16 of the month?
    Not much. Probably going to stay home and relax.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

We need an excuse? How about "There's alcohol available."?
    Not really; but

a) I haven't seen some of my highschool friends in over a year and this is the perfect opportunity to catch up

and

b) Can't afford my own alcohol at the moment...
    Just call me Dusk

15. - Top - End - #105
    Banned

Not really; but

a) I haven't seen some of my highschool friends in over a year and this is the perfect opportunity to catch up

and

b) Can't afford my own alcohol at the moment...
    Man, that sucks.
    Btw, tequila is like really cheap on Mexico, right? It's very expensive here. A bottle costs around 80 reais (around 40 dollars).

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Eh it is not that I am broke; but as a 19 years old, full time student whose income depends on his parents. Alcohol is low on my priority list.
    Just call me Dusk

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

Eh it is not that I am broke; but as a 19 years old, full time student whose income depends on his parents. Alcohol is low on my priority list.
    I thought as much, but how much does a bottle of tequila cost in Mexico? I'm just curious.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    I thought as much, but how much does a bottle of tequila cost in Mexico? I'm just curious.
    It ranges, but you can get some fairly good quality tequila for about 150 pesos. (About 11 or 12 dollars.)

19. - Top - End - #109
    Banned

It ranges, but you can get some fairly good quality tequila for about 150 pesos. (About 11 or 12 dollars.)
    OK. I have to visit Mexico sometime.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

OK. I have to visit Mexico sometime.
    Yes, yes you do.
    Just call me Dusk

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

I am suddenly glad I live in a country where alcohol is (relatively) cheap (most of the time).

Then again, I always end up making dragons if I have multiple kinds, so I probably should stop doing that.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Beer is cheap though; but beer hang-over is the worst... or at least they are to me, last time I got drunk entirely on beer I couldn't step out of bed the next day due the pounding headache and nausea.
    Just call me Dusk

23. - Top - End - #113

Beer is cheap though; but beer hang-over is the worst... or at least they are to me, last time I got drunk entirely on beer I couldn't step out of bed the next day due the pounding headache and nausea.
    Getting drunk entirely on beer is way more expensive than getting drunk on most other things, though. You need a lot more beer.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

As I now know, it wasn't one of my brightest moment....
    Just call me Dusk

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

At least you weren't drinking Dragons, so your unbright moments of getdrunkness are forgiven.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Now I am curious ( and too lazy to google), what are Dragons? I assume a drink of mixed alcohols...
    Just call me Dusk

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

It's basically what I ended up calling a drink I ordered in Scotland, and yes it is a mixed drink. It was a quarter each of Scotch, vodka, rum and gin and burned like the snog of a dragon on its way down.

I based it on a drink my ex made on my request when she stayed at someone else's place where her host had a lot of various kinds of alcohol. She mixed together whiskey, vodka, rum, cognac, and at least one more I believe, possibly even more than that. I kept it in an old plastic Coke bottle for several months before opening it up. It was delicious, and also burned a little. It tasted much better than the new attempt.

I have, however, checked online if there are drinks called "dragon" and I managed to find one site with various alcohol recipes with some of them having "dragon" in the name, which are all mix drinks, most of them including vodka. There is also apparently a drink called Green Dragon, but that is more meant as a drug extract than an alcoholic beverage...

One of my friends who tasted of my drink in Scotland told me the whole idea of it reminded her of a drinking game common among students here supposedly, where people end up mixing up to about 7 different kinds of alcohol together, and noted that "you're missing Bailey's", which is a milky kind of alcoholic drink I believe. That's also why I ended up refusing to get some Bailey's to mix in there as well, as I don't like those kinds of drinks and prefer mine clear.

I'm looking forward to trying a Dragon with tequila in it someday.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Banned

Getting drunk entirely on beer is way more expensive than getting drunk on most other things, though. You need a lot more beer.
    Beer is good. And very cheap in Brazil. Except for good beer. Which is expensive. But good. Like, very good.

There is a drink here in Brazil called São João da Barra. It's tar cognac. My friends and I first learned about it from a taxi driver. Everytime someone is dared to drink it, hilarity ensues.

29. - Top - End - #119

Brazilians on exchange up here mentioned it. It appears it's not sold anywhere else. And I think its alcoholic content is high enough to be illegal in Mexico.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    It's basically what I ended up calling a drink I ordered in Scotland, and yes it is a mixed drink. It was a quarter each of Scotch, vodka, rum and gin and burned like the snog of a dragon on its way down.

I based it on a drink my ex made on my request when she stayed at someone else's place where her host had a lot of various kinds of alcohol. She mixed together whiskey, vodka, rum, cognac, and at least one more I believe, possibly even more than that. I kept it in an old plastic Coke bottle for several months before opening it up. It was delicious, and also burned a little. It tasted much better than the new attempt.

I have, however, checked online if there are drinks called "dragon" and I managed to find one site with various alcohol recipes with some of them having "dragon" in the name, which are all mix drinks, most of them including vodka. There is also apparently a drink called Green Dragon, but that is more meant as a drug extract than an alcoholic beverage...

One of my friends who tasted of my drink in Scotland told me the whole idea of it reminded her of a drinking game common among students here supposedly, where people end up mixing up to about 7 different kinds of alcohol together, and noted that "you're missing Bailey's", which is a milky kind of alcoholic drink I believe. That's also why I ended up refusing to get some Bailey's to mix in there as well, as I don't like those kinds of drinks and prefer mine clear.

I'm looking forward to trying a Dragon with tequila in it someday.
    I'll try it next time I have the opportunity.... if I don't post again you all know it is Morph Bark's fault

Beer is good. And very cheap in Brazil. Except for good beer. Which is expensive. But good. Like, very good.

There is a drink here in Brazil called São João da Barra. It's tar cognac. My friends and I first learned about it from a taxi driver. Everytime someone is dared to drink it, hilarity ensues.
    Sounds really interesting

Brazilians on exchange up here mentioned it. It appears it's not sold anywhere else. And I think its alcoholic content is high enough to be illegal in Mexico.
    ... now it is even more interesting
    Just call me Dusk