New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Southern Americas in the Playground (from Mexico all the way down!)

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    So I went outside today and it's freaking hell out there. Seriously, it's unbelievably HOT!
    -6C out there today. I've forgotten what regular temperatures are like...

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayan people predicting disaster? Yeah, I'll take that at face value.
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to visit the other 8 Roots of the Gods (I mean, if their predictions are true, then surely the Universe is flat, squared, and the Earth is flat and round.)

Anyway, the idea that the Mayas predicted anything is something I find completely ridiculous.

----
    I am not at all hot, the weather is settled in a very pleasant 22° Celsius.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    -6C out there today. I've forgotten what regular temperatures are like...
    Oh damn. I want to experience those temperatures, maybe not everyday, but I seriously want to experience it.
    Last edited by Crimmy; 2012-12-11 at 10:42 PM.
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

I bet that, for some strange meta-reason, the bak'tun doesn't end on the 23rd, but on the 28th. That would be incredibly hilarious, and most of us Latin Americans will go ahead and say "oh, those Mayans!!" Sadly, it's not as easy as using Arabic numbers to mirror that "3" into an "8" (darned long count).

Speaking of which: how many of you people celebrate Dec. 28th?
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    I bet that, for some strange meta-reason, the bak'tun doesn't end on the 23rd, but on the 28th. That would be incredibly hilarious, and most of us Latin Americans will go ahead and say "oh, those Mayans!!" Sadly, it's not as easy as using Arabic numbers to mirror that "3" into an "8" (darned long count).

Speaking of which: how many of you people celebrate Dec. 28th?
    28th dec is the Innocents day right? No one that I know, except for my dad; but he is a troll (a bad one; but a troll nonetheless) all year roun so I am not sure if that counts.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

5. - Top - End - #215

Quote Originally Posted by Crimmy View Post
    Oh damn. I want to experience those temperatures, maybe not everyday, but I seriously want to experience it.
    You can crash on my couch provided you help me raise some cash to buy one.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Can't promise anything. I could help out with spanish classes, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing on spanish I could teach that you couldn't, nor translate anything you couldn't.

=j
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

So, apparently the Mayans pulled an Innocents' Day prank on our collective (yes, Dusk: Dec. 28th is Innocents' Day, you're right on that one), and we're safe from the Mayan Apocalypse (I gave 'em a week; turns out it's, as always, a calendar change. Happy 13th bak'tun!!)

That said, there's two things I want to ask. First, is there any other place in Latin America where the Innocents' Day is celebrated? I know that, here in Puerto Rico, there's a municipality that offers a three-day celebration (the Hatillo Mask Festival, which ends right on Dec. 28th), but there might be other places where it's celebrated as a fest (not as a holiday, tho).

The second would be: whom do you ask for gifts? The Magi, or Baby Jesus? If you're the kind that asks for the Magi, what do you expect to get? And, if you asked Baby Jesus, what did you got for Christmas? This one goes straight to South Americans, as the Caribbean mostly celebrates the Epiphany.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

8. - Top - End - #218

As a kid I got presents from Santa Claus. The Magi visited my house to bring candy and money on January 6th.

As a grown up I get a present from my parents and nothing from the Magi. And since I'm in the US now, I'll miss the Rosca this weekend.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

So, this might be a strange question to ask here

I'll just link to an appropriate thread for it.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2013-01-22 at 07:52 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries