New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,504 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Schlock Mercenary III: One million years of crowdsourced kitten videos

Could someone give me a rundown of the current meta plot? I need to go on an archive binge, but just don't have the time.

My vague recollection is scary old planet thing (not this scary old ship thing), black matter beasties, tagii goes nuts, and Petey is overstretched. What am I missing?
    Fallen London: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Acliabides

Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    Raxtel would like to quick-draw his grapnel and line gun and try to reel in Sarge like some particularly authoritive fish before we lose him in the middle of the rebel infested, colder-than-space tundra.
    Only War Jungle of Sin: Darrien Holt

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Schlock Mercenary III: One million years of crowdsourced kitten videos

Quote Originally Posted by Demon 997 View Post
    Could someone give me a rundown of the current meta plot? I need to go on an archive binge, but just don't have the time.

My vague recollection is scary old planet thing (not this scary old ship thing), black matter beasties, tagii goes nuts, and Petey is overstretched. What am I missing?
    The dark matter thingy inside the scary planet woke up just in time for the insane tagii to jack the ship and use it to trick the battleplate that showed up into getting destroyed by the dark matter thingy. Afterwards Petey let Team Tagon rest at his place and dropped a cryptic line about how the dark matter thingy wasn't an old one that was asleep inside the planetoid, it was a new one that was created there.

At that point Petey wanted Tagon and the rest to quit having adventures, but they refused and instead found a new ship called Bristlecone and a new contract with the floating balloon-people. The balloon people showed them this ancient artificial habitat (it looks like Rama, or else the Long Sun if you somehow get that reference but not the other one). They proceed to investigate it like a bear explores a campsite, and eventually get attacked by the ancient AI that's been running the whole thing for a bajillion years (and as a result is even more insane than tagii but in a somewhat different way). Ennesby and Tagii (who stowed away in Ennesby's hardware after the fight with the battleplate) proceed to contact the insane AI and somehow convince it to calm down and give Tagon's team some of the ships that it had lying around, along with a copy of itself to run them, while tagii stays behind and "fixes up" the can. It's now "52 days later" as you can see in the strip.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Wayson View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I was wrong when I said Tagon would rent, not sell. Looks like he plans to just straight-up sell the fleet to Petey. I was hoping for an evolution into Mercenary Admiral Tagon, but alas.
    Er, that's not how I'm interpreting today's episode:

Spoiler
    Show

Tagon is selling the services of a mercenary company who happen to have a fleet of warships available to them, not the ships themselves.

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Firbolg in the Playground

New thread is up because page 51.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.