New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Schlock Mercenary III: One million years of crowdsourced kitten videos

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    Okay, If Tagon's "girlfriend," was a vector for weaponized nanotech how did he survive prolonged contact with her? Obviously the conspirators didn't want the nannies to trigger until his dad was in the killzone to prevent tipping their hand early. But, they probably started to activate as soon as she reached the house. Tagon didn't do so much as give her a kiss on the cheek before introducing her to his parents?
    My guess is because he was "just" a colonel then.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Schlock Mercenary III: One million years of crowdsourced kitten videos

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    The idea probably came from the story arc we currently have.
    Plus one of the Tagons (I think it was Kaff since he's the one currently facing down a nanny-based threat) mentioned that he'd survived weaponized nanotech before.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Maybe she was an assassin...no, we don't know if she was complicit. I do, however, notice that Kaff and Colonel Tagon are both in uniform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

WMG: Kaff Tagon's "girlfriend" is Krum, the woman currently running the op against the Gavs - and the woman who shot what's-her-face for "stealing" an escape pod seat.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ialdabaoth View Post
    WMG: Kaff Tagon's "girlfriend" is Krum, the woman currently running the op against the Gavs - and the woman who shot what's-her-face for "stealing" an escape pod seat.
    I didn't want to say it, but it makes horrific sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Is it just me, or does she look in panel 5 a lot like Kathryn did originally?

Panel 4 not so much, but every time I look at panel 5 I keep seeing her.
    =Uncool-

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Where is everyone getting the weaponized nanotech idea? Did I miss something here?
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Psion View Post
    Where is everyone getting the weaponized nanotech idea? Did I miss something here?
    It is being rather heavily implied that Kaff's girl was stuffed full of weaponized nanotech, and was used to target his family as the kickoff to the Terraforming War.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

The girlfriend is way more endowed than Krum in a certain part of her anatomy...
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Earlier Kaff Tagon said, he lived through a weaponized nanotech situation. It is a natural assumption, that we are about to hear the story.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by teratorn View Post
    The girlfriend is way more endowed than Krum in a certain part of her anatomy...
    And severely deficient in others. If you add twenty years and a hundred-odd pounds, you might be able to fit Ms. Kaff into Krum's profile.

I don't think they're the same person though.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    And severely deficient in others. If you add twenty years and a hundred-odd pounds, you might be able to fit Ms. Kaff into Krum's profile.

I don't think they're the same person though.
    Considering the cosmetic surgery options available in Schlockverse, any character could look like any other character of the same species if they put their mind to it.

However, my guess is that the girlfriend in question is dead, a nanobot suicide bomber who was part of the initial attack. That would explain how she could potentially be an unwitting pawn, if she gets infected without her knowledge, then at a certain point the nanites get activated, use her matter to self-replicate, then attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Whee, Schlockbot!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It's a Flying Schlockcer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Considering the cosmetic surgery options available in Schlockverse, any character could look like any other character of the same species if they put their mind to it.
    I'm willing to bet it would be possible to end up looking like another species if one wanted to for some reason.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Just to add more fuel to the speculative fire... Krum and "mystery girl" have a lot of superficial similarities that someone on the Nightstar forums pointed out. Including the fact that Krum is just a bit taller than Emm, who was just about at shoulder height to Tagon, while "mystery girl" is just above shoulder height to Tagon.
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "What's the worst thing that could happen?"
    - Maxim 14 of the Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries. From Schlock Mercenary by Howard Tayler.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I'm just waiting for Kevin and/or Para to soup it up into a battle-tank of the apocalypse.

More than it is already, at least.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thalnawr View Post

Just to add more fuel to the speculative fire... Krum and "mystery girl" have a lot of superficial similarities that someone on the Nightstar forums pointed out. Including the fact that Krum is just a bit taller than Emm, who was just about at shoulder height to Tagon, while "mystery girl" is just above shoulder height to Tagon.
    Well, personally, I figure there's probably a 90% chance it's Krum.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Well, personally, I figure there's probably a 90% chance it's Krum.
    On the other side, "mystery girl" does bear a superficial similarity to Kath... And it's been mentioned that Kath's "Oh no" look seems to be more of a "I recognize this story" look. So it's also possible that this girl was an older relative of hers...
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "What's the worst thing that could happen?"
    - Maxim 14 of the Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries. From Schlock Mercenary by Howard Tayler.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I very much doubt Katherine would press him to tell a story she lived firsthand. If she WAS an assassin, it's not like she would forget the name of her target, especially since (Assuming the Mystery Girl was an assassin, not an unwitting pawn), that would mean she first seduced his son.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    I very much doubt Katherine would press him to tell a story she lived firsthand. If she WAS an assassin, it's not like she would forget the name of her target, especially since (Assuming the Mystery Girl was an assassin, not an unwitting pawn), that would mean she first seduced his son.
    Mystery Girl is just a bit too tall to be Kath. She's also probably too young, as she's only 31, and Karl Tagon is 49 or older at the time of the story being told, since this was just before his promotion to General. At best, Mystery Girl is one of Kath's aunts, possibly her mother.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Plus, if Kath was an active assassin, she'd have made it through field training and would have known the response to the aunt amy uncle bob thing.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

About that...

I'm not the only one to see this, right?
    Truth resists simplicity.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    ..not anymore, no.

25. - Top - End - #235

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    About that...

I wasn't going to mention it, but it did look really familiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

26. - Top - End - #236
    Bugbear in the Playground

I wasn't going to mention it, but it did look really familiar.
    S'alright. Somebody on Nightstar already had.
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Is it just me, or is this going far too well so far. NSB's busy, but the toughs aren't taking any damage, while the attackers are. While I wouldn't expect a semi-renegade intelligence operation run by a semi-disgraced commander to be able to come up with a battleplate, I'd certainly expect a lot more than she's showing.

28. - Top - End - #238

BlackDragon

Well, the obvious answer to that is: how do you know this lot are anything to do with Krum? She already has her attack going inside Oisri base itself, I'm not sure a fleet of corvettes actually helps that in any way.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the only thing we're sure of at the moment is that the neighborhood of Oisri is going downhill fast!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Well, the obvious answer to that is: how do you know this lot are anything to do with Krum? She already has her attack going inside Oisri base itself, I'm not sure a fleet of corvettes actually helps that in any way.
    We know that Plan B was a frontal assault. What we don't know is if they've actually enacted it.
    Swoop Falcon