Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: No Luck on Request a Homebrew

Do you think you could post the rest of his feats now?
    Last edited by demonman24; 2012-08-02 at 10:11 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Most feats are done now. I let you choose the remaining 4.

I didn't complete his list of prepared spells, but a couple of Summon Monster should be useful (he has augment summoning).
    Last edited by Network; 2012-08-02 at 11:51 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33

Planetar

Can you put in some special abilities?

4. - Top - End - #34

Planetar

Like a more advanced version of the pleroma's sphere of oblivion and sphere of creation, maybe no save DC and no resurrection short of divine intervention?

5. - Top - End - #35

Do as you wish. You have only 4 feats, a spell list, and 5 skills to choose. I don't know what a pleroma is, but if it is a no-save-die-for-good, I can only see two issues :
    * It is a Death or a Mental effect, making it completely useless.
    * It is neither, making it completely broken regardless of the CR.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Got a blank page when I tried to edit this. AAAARGGGG. In any case, I will revamp the deity as a Rank 20 instead of Rank 21 since Rank 21 is not able to be defeated.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-08-04 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Incomplete
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Edited for you:

Debby
    The guy i made is given a unique type and no mental scores because he is like that guy who Ao reports to, a Being which gods fear and report to, so far above mortals, immortals, and divine beings that he litterally can not be comprehended.

The enemy was asked to be 3.5, not necessarily PF compliant.

he also asked for a character based on PF's Aeons, and the one i selected had D8 health.

also, yes, Overdieties DO have infinite scores, because they are DM standins.

and the 21 divine ranks is the treasure for killing him.
    Last edited by toapat; 2012-08-04 at 01:47 PM.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

8. - Top - End - #38

Ao has a divine rank of 50.

Don't trust me? Go see Divine Dodge. He's mentioned as immune to damage and to all attacks. Divine rank 50 is enough for that, and above this, there would be too many salient divine abilities to count.
    Armor Class: As a deity it has a divine AC bonus equal to its divine rank, a natural AC bonus of +13, and a deflection bonus equal to Charisma modifier. Also, the dexterity bonus is +11 not +13.
    Natural AC bonus is +13 + divine rank, so it is technically +34.
    For example, it is missing Immortal in Special Abilities.
    Immortal? Ha! I consider this a formality. Everyone gets it sooner or later.
    Last edited by Network; 2012-08-04 at 02:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I repeat: If it is an overdeity then it should follow Divine Rules regardless. If you want something that would be unplayable then don't even bother statting it up and let is autosucceed at everything it does. Giving a creature (even the uberdeity) infinite mental abilities is game-breaking. It can't be defeated, it succeeds at every check etc. Also, this is what the original poster asked for:

I also want it to be something my players can actually beat, if the wisdom score is infinite then the save DCs would be infinite too.
    Gaining Divine Rank as a reward for killing an overdeity is also game breaking. How you play your home game is not my concern though. I'm trying to give the original poster something HE can play and use.

Now, getting back to my critique to make it something actually BEATABLE.
    If you really wanted your creature to be based on aeons, it would have this:

Aeons are a race of neutral outsiders who roam the planes maintaining the balance of reality.

Aeons have the following traits:

• Immunity to cold, poison, and critical hits.
    • Resistance to electricity 10 and fire 10.
    • Envisaging (Su) Aeons communicate wordlessly, almost incomprehensibly. Caring little for the wants and desires of other creatures, they have no need to engage in exchanges of dialogue. Instead, aeons mentally scan beings for their thoughts and intentions, and then retaliate with flashes of psychic projections that emit a single concept in response to whatever the other being was thinking. The flash is usually a combination of a visual and aural stimulation, which displays how the aeon perceives future events might work out. For instance, an aeon seeking to raze a city communicates this concept to non-aeons by sending them a vivid image of the city crumbling to ash. An aeon’s envisaging functions as a non-verbal form of telepathy. Aeons cannot read the thoughts of any creature immune to mind-affecting effects.
    • Extension of All (Ex) Through an aeon’s connection to the multiverse, it gains access to strange and abstruse knowledge that filters through all existence. Much of the knowledge is timeless, comprised of events long past, present, and potentially even those yet to come. Aeons gain a racial bonus equal to half their racial Hit Dice on all Knowledge skill checks. This same connection also binds them to other aeons. As a result, they can communicate with each other freely, over great distances as if using telepathy. This ability also works across planes, albeit less effectively, allowing the communication of vague impressions or feelings, not specific details or sights. Due to the vast scope of the aeon race’s multiplanar concerns, though, even the most dire reports of a single aeon rarely inspire dramatic or immediate action.
    • Void Form (Su) Though aeons aren’t incorporeal, their forms are only a semi-tangible manifestation of something greater. An aeon’s void form grants it a deflection bonus equal to 1/4 its Hit Dice (rounded down).
    It would be quite easy to add Aeon Subtype to Diamorus.

Since the Void Form deflection bonus on Diamorus would be +15 and the divine deflection bonus is +13, it would use the better one. Deflection bonuses do not stack.

Since he has 20 levels each of cleric and wizard, Power Beyond Comprehension needs some tweaking.

Power Beyond Comprehension (Ex): Diamorus is not restricted to wizard and cleric spells lists. He can cast any divine spell as a cleric and any arcane spell as a wizard. He must still know a spell in order to cast it.

See in Darkness and Fog (Su): Diamorus can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, including that created by deeper darkness. He can also see perfectly in fog of any kind, including fog that is magical and supernatural in nature.

Shaper of Law (Ex): Daimorus can cast any spell he knows spontaneously, with any metamagic he knows applied to it. The spell level adjustment of metamagics do not apply to spells cast by him.

Without Warning (Ex): Regardless of normal casting time, any spell that Diarmorus casts takes one standard action to cast and does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Spell-like Abilities (Sp): At Will--[il]locate creature[/i] as the spell except that it is not blocked by running water, and Diamorus is never fooled by mislead, non-detection and polymorph spells.
    Caster Level 60th.

True Seeing (Su): This ability works like the true seeing spell (caster level 60th), except it only affects Diamorus and he must concentrate for 1 full round before it takes effect, and it remains as long as the he concentrates.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-08-04 at 05:24 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

10. - Top - End - #40

Without Warning (Ex): Regardless of normal casting time, any spell that Diarmorus casts takes one standard action to cast and does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
    He can't quicken.

Although it's more playable than with Toapat, I disagree with the use of an overdeity. But I can't propose a better solution.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Well, I can always change these abilities. Don't forget I haven't even factored in Salient Divine Abilities and all the modifiers. I'm not really inclined to because there are just so freaking many. As for putting Immortality in the Stat block, it should be there. Between all the bonuses from Epic features and Divine Rank, this is a major headache.

Divine Dodge only has a prerequisite of Dex 29. A deity can take it with a Divine Rank of 1. A deity has one salient ability for each divine rank the deity has.

Debby

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Network View Post
    Ao has a divine rank of 50.
    Ao doesnt have a recognized published stat block, being a DM standin. the same goes with The Lady of Pain and Io. He also would not have over 21 divine ranks, because unlike epic, Overdietyhood is a hardcap.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

Drow avatar @ myself

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Divine Dodge only has a prerequisite of Dex 29. A deity can take it with a Divine Rank of 1. A deity has one salient ability for each divine rank the deity has.
    Divine Dodge works like the Blink spell, but it has a slight twist : every attack has 50% + divine rank to miss you. 50 + 50 = 100%, making Ao invulnerable to all attacks (unless someone comes with an area Dimensional Anchor effect).

Of course, divine rank 50 is just the number I came with. It could be divine rank 51, or 52, or 253...

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    Ao doesnt have a recognized published stat block, being a DM standin. the same goes with The Lady of Pain and Io. He also would not have over 21 divine ranks, because unlike epic, Overdietyhood is a hardcap.
    Go look at the SRD :
    Quote Originally Posted by the SRD
    Rank 21+
    There is no cap. Ao is divine rank 50, otherwise he would not be immune to damage as he is explicitly stated. The Lady of Pain isn't a goddess. She isn't a mortal either, so she must have ranks in something else. For Io, I don't know. Another overdeity who worship a greater god?

Edit : Let's just return at the first subject. Anyone has any idea for the 4 remaining feats?
    Last edited by Network; 2012-08-04 at 05:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Network, where do you get the idea that Ao has Divine Rank 50? He isn't statted up and all deities have a lot of immunities. Also, some Deities and Demigods information was updated to 3.5 in the update booklet.

Quoted from the SRD

[quote[Rank 21+

These entities are beyond the ken of mortals and care nothing for worshipers. They do not grant spells, do not answer prayers, and do not respond to queries. If they are known at all, it is to a handful of scholars on the Material Plane. They are called overdeities. In some pantheistic systems, the consent of an overdeity is required to become a god. [/quote] That's all that is said in the SRD.

There is nothing in the SRD that describes Ao specifically, especially since Ao is not open content. So please cite to where you are getting your information about him.

Debby

15. - Top - End - #45

The Forgotten Realm campaign setting (3rd edition). He is explicitly stated as immune to all attacks, including the concerted assault of all gods of Toril.

For me, he blatantly has Divine Dodge. The salient ability does just that when you reach this level of power. We can't be sure of anything else, pass he is divine rank 50 and has Divine Dodge. This is an all logical conclusion.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

The Forgotten Realm campaign setting (3rd edition). He is explicitly stated as immune to all attacks, including the concerted assault of all gods of Toril.

For me, he blatantly has Divine Dodge. The salient ability does just that when you reach this level of power. We can't be sure of anything else, pass he is divine rank 50 and has Divine Dodge. This is an all logical conclusion.
    that is because that is an inherent attribute of Divine Rank 21.

Drow avatar @ myself

17. - Top - End - #47

Planetar

But how could three 30th level players even beat a deity, and also, what would you (Debihuman) substitute for Diamorus' mental ability scores?
    Last edited by demonman24; 2012-08-06 at 08:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by demonman24 View Post
    But how could three 30th level players even beat a deity, and also, what would you (Debihuman) substitute for Diamorus' mental ability scores?
    the same way you kill anything once you have gate.

Drow avatar @ myself

19. - Top - End - #49

If he wanted to make a god, I would suggest to make a combination of both the SRD and the Immortal Handbook. The last one is still the best reference any time gods are used. Some high-ranked gods have something like DR 82/- and 999d1000 HD per level, but invulnerability is not an automatism for any rank.

I won't debate any longer about this. Demonman27, you said you wanted a summoner, did you? I will modify this post for now on.

Size/Type: Medium Outsider (aeon)
    Hitdice: 60d8 +300 (780 pv)
    Initiative: +11
    Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares), Fly 60ft. (Perfect)
    Armorclass: 40 (+11 Dex, +4 Mage Armor, +15 Void Form), Touch 40, Flat footed 29
    Base Attack/Grapple: +45/+45
    Attack: None
    Full Attack: None
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/ 5 ft
    Special Attacks: Spells, Sphere of Creation, Sphere of Oblivion, Turn undead
    Special Qualities: Envisaging, Extension of All, Immunity to cold, poison, and critical hits, Improved Contingency, Mage Armor, Rapid Summoning, Resistance to electricity (10) and fire (10), Void form
    Saves: +37 Fort, +37 Reflex, +44 Will
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 32, Con 20, Int 30, Wis 34, Cha 36
    Feats: Augment Summoning, Divine Metamagic, Empower Spell, Eschew materials, Extend Spell, Extra Turning, Maximise Spell, Silent Spell, Spell Focus (conjuration), Still Spell and Quicken Spell
    Epic feats : Epic Spellcasting, Ignore Material Components, Improved Metamagic (x4), Improved Spell Capacity (x8), Intensify Spell, Multispell (x4), Spell Stowaway (Time Stop), Spontaneous Domain Access (Luck)
    Skills: Concentration +68, Diplomacy +76, Knowledge (arcana) +103, Knowledge (nature) +103, Knowledge (religion) +103, Knowledge (the planes) +103, Spellcraft +93, Use Magic Device +96, 3 others skills +63
    Environment: The Center of the Multiverse
    Organization: Singular
    Challenge Rating: 61
    Treasure: Normal
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Advancement: -
    LA: -

Envisaging (Su). Diamorus communicate almost only by telepathy. Unlike most aeons, he can talk, but rarely does so. The effect of his telepathy is similar to the Detect Thoughts spell, but it is always active (he doesn't have to concentrate) and he reads thoughts at first sight. He can communicate in non-verbal ways to people in range of the effect, assuming they aren't immune to mind-affecting effects. He is under a permanent Tongues spell, but rarely rely on it.
    Extension of All (Ex). Diamorus has a racial bonus to all knowledge skill checks equal to half his Hit Dices (rounded down).
    Improved contingency (Ex). Diamorus can use the Contingency spell in combination with any spell of 9th level or lower. He generally uses this power to activate Time Stop whenever he is attacked.

Mage Armor (Su). As the spell, permanent.
    Magic Mastery (Ex). Diamorus can ignore XP cost of non-epic spells, up to 5 000 PX per spell.
    Polymorphism (Sp). As a free action, Diamorus can partially take the form of a new creature. His size does not change and his powers and ability scores remain the same, however he gains all Special Attacks and Special Qualities of the creature. He can also change into a creature with class levels.
    If this ability is dispelled (caster level 60), Diamorus can reactivate it on his next turn. He will still lose his abilities for that time, however.

Rapid Summoning (Ex). Diamorus cast Summon Monster spells as a standard action (not a full round action).
    Spells. Diamorus cast spells as a 60th level wizard and as a 60th level cleric. He knows all cleric and wizard spells and can prepare them without referring to a spellbook.
    Cleric spells per day equal to (6/9/8/8/8/8/6/6/6/6/2/2/2/2), plus one bonus spell per level between 1 and 9. The save DC is 22 + spell level.
    Prepared spells : 0- ; 1- ; 2- ; 3- ; 4- ; 5-Spell Resistance* ; 6- ; 7- ; 8- ; 9-Disjunction*, Gate (x2) ; 10-Quick Implosion (x2) ; 11-Silent Quick Disjunction, Still Quick Gate ; 12- ; 13-
    * Domain spells. Domains : Luck, Magic.
    Wizard spells per day equal to (4/7/7/7/6/6/6/6/5/5/2/1/1/1). The save DC is 20 + spell level.
    Prepared spells : 0- ; 1-Summon Monster I (x3) ; 2-Summon Monster II (x3) ; 3-Summon Monster III (x3) ; 4-Summon Monster IV (x2) ; 5-Summon Monster V (x2) ; 6-Contingency, Summon Monster VI (x2) ; 7-Antimagic Aura (x3), Summon Monster VII (x2) ; 8- ; 9- ; 10-Quick Time Stop, Quick Wish ; 11- ; 12-Intensified Time Stop ; 13-Silent Still Quick Time Stop
    He can also cast 18 epic spells per day. 6 are arcane epic spells and 12 are divine epic spells (he choose when he cast the spell). The save DC is 30 for arcane epic spells and 32 for divine epic spells.
    epic spells know : Hellball (non XP cost, 8d6 backlash), Let Go Of Me (no backlash), Safe Time
    Sphere of Creation (Su). Three times per day, Diamorus can manifest a 2-foot-diameter sphere of white energy that hovers above his left hand. By concentrating, he can cause it to fly slowly at a speed of 10 feet per round. The sphere can travel in any direction, but must remain within 300 feet of him or it immediately dissipates. Wherever the sphere travels, it leaves behind a 5-foot-wide path of new matter, creating either new terrain (such as swamp, tundra, desert, or forest) or a 10-foot-square wall composed of a single natural substance (such as clay, wood, or stone). Any existing matter that comes in contact with the sphere is absorbed and incorporated into the new substance, with no save (only freedom, miracle, or wish can rescue creatures so trapped). The sphere is highly unstable and only lasts 1d4 minutes before exploding with a blinding flash. All creatures within 30 feet of the flash must make a DC 53 Fortitude save or be permanently blinded. The save DC is Charisma-based.
    Sphere of Oblivion (Su). Three times per day, Diamorus can manifest a 2-foot-diameter sphere of complete darkness that hovers above his right hand. The sphere is an empty void similar to a sphere of annihilation. Any matter (living or nonliving) that touches the sphere is sucked into the sphere and destroyed, with no save (only freedom, miracle, or wish can rescue creatures so trapped). Larger objects are destroyed at a rate of one 10-foot cube per round of contact with the sphere. By concentrating, Diamorus can cause the sphere to fly slowly at a speed of 10 feet per round. The sphere can travel in any direction, but must remain within 300 feet of him or it immediately dissipates. The sphere is highly unstable and only lasts 1d4 minutes before harmlessly imploding upon itself. Alternatively, Diamorus may hurl the sphere as a ranged touch attack (with a 10-foot range increment) against a single creature. When thrown in this manner, the sphere implodes immediately after the attack is resolved.
    Turn undead (Su). 20 times a day.
    Void Form (Su). Diamorus has a deflection bonus to his AC equal to 1/4 of his Hit Dices (rounded down) or his Charisma modifier, whichever is higher.
    Skills. Diamorus has a racial bonus of +20 on Spellcraft and Use Magic Device checks. His Extension of All ability also grant him a racial bonus of +30 on all knowledge skill checks.

Strategy
    Diamorus will make a great use of Divine Metamagic, whenever something would prevent him to cast the right spell. He can also use Spontaneous Domain Access (Luck) to convert any divine spell into a spell of the luck domain and of the appropriate level (including Miracle if he converts a 9th level spell or higher). If someone survives to his combination of five or six spells in the first few rounds, he would probably use his other few abilities to impress them. Despite his ability to cast spells in mass, he will rapidly run out of spells. He uses an efficient combination of Time Stop and Gate to escape if the opponent seem too strong.
    Edit : I just found what a pleroma was. This isn't unbeatable with no save (too slow). I'd prefer not to make spheres destroy soul, however. The PCs may not realise what's going on before one actually touch it.
    Last edited by Network; 2012-08-12 at 10:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Planetar

Thanks, Network! I would also like to have equally hard hitting spell-casting abilities, and the ability to more effectively synergise contingency with Time Stop. And I don't remember saying I wanted a summoner, but it would work well with Time Stop to Gate in minions.
    Last edited by demonman24; 2012-08-06 at 11:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Technically, three 30th-level PCs should NOT be able to beat a a 60th deity--especially one divine rank 20, if you play it by the book.

Here's a simple test to see if the PCs are up to the quest:

Divine Aura at rank 20 affects creatures within 20 miles (1 mile per rank). The Will save is 10 + the deity's rank + deity's Charisma modifier. If one of them fails the save, he or she becomes Shaken. "The merest glance or gesture from the deity makes them Frightened, and they flees a quickly as they can...." DC is 30 + Charisma modifier (if you set Cha at 60, the modifier is +25).

How to design your deity: Can any of your PCs beat a Will save DC 55? If not, the deity is too hard for them. [This is why Charisma at infinity is a poor design choice.] You can adjust the stats or the deity's rank to get a number YOU like.

Can they beat the number easily (roll of 10 or better on D20) or is it going to be tough (roll of 15 or better)? It's one thing to challenge the PCs, but don't frustrate the PLAYERS. The game will stop being fun quickly if you do. If everything is too hard, it's not fun but if it is too easy, it's not challenging. It's a fine line in creature design. That's why knowing your players is so important. You can design something that's perfect for THEM.

When you come here and ask us to homebrew, we don't know your players and we have no idea what their PCs can and can't do. We can give you a model deity, but it still may not be all that useful to you.

Here is the mostly finished version of the deity. All I can say is how much I wish Deities and Demigods had been updated to 3.5 and been updated to include Epic rules. There are some rules updates in the official 3.5 Update Booklet (so I'm checking there as I go). Since I am using straight 3.5 rules, I've updated his hit dice and hit points to reflect this as of 8/16/12. Skills are still incomplete. I'm giving him maximum skill ranks in the skills he has (he gets 33 skills at rank 63 and epic synergies allow him +6 to skills with synergy instead of the usual +2).

Since there was a desire to remake Diamorus as a former Pleroma (from Pathfinder Bestiary 2, open content), I've incorporated that information as well, although I've changed the focus considerably.

Spoiler
    Show

Diamorus
    The Searcher
    Greater Deity
    Symbol: A boomerang with a bolt of lightning emanating from it
    Home Plane: Plane of Concordant Opposition
    Alignment: Neutral
    Portfolio:
    Common Sense, Crafts, Creation, Knowledge, Learning, Light, Wisdom, Wit
    Worshipers: Humans, half-elves, half-orcs
    Cleric Alignments:Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Neutral, Neutral, Neutral Good
    Domains: Glory, Knowledge and Time

Once a powerful pleromaPathfinder Bestiary 2, Diamorus’ ascent to godhood rendered many changes. Diamorus now appears as a tall, lanky human male with inky black skin and eyes. He wears a full-length black cloak that covers most of his body and flutters around him whether or not there is a breeze. Swirling stars and planets float across the cloak in random patterns. The cloak is the equivalent of a robe of scintillating colors.

As a deity, Diamorus’ focus on the acquisition of knowledge has given him an appreciation of the mortals who pray to him. Although he views his worshipers as little more than an extension of himself, this is a profound change from the typical pleroma outlook. As a result, his ascendance has narrowed his focus and given him abilities to reflect those changes.

While he cares very little for the welfare of his followers as their lives and deaths are part of the natural order, he views undead as mockery of the natural order of things. While he does not actively hunt undead creatures, he uses his boomerang to eradicate any that cross his path.

Diamorus, The Searcher
    Cleric 20/Wizard 20
    Medium Outsider (Aeon, Augmented Pleroma*, Extraplanar)
    Divine Rank: 20
    Hit Dice: 20d10+80 (Outsider) + 20d8+80 (Cleric) + 20d4+80 (Wizard) (680 hp)
    Initiative: +15 (+11 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
    Speed: 60 ft.
    Armor class: 99 (+ 11 Dex, +20 divine, +33 natural +25 deflection), Touch 66, Flat-footed 88.
    Base Attack/Grapple: +45/+65
    Attack: Energy touch +45 melee (20d8) or +5 returning seeking shocking boomerang +81 (+85 to undead) ranged (1d6+5 plus 1d6 electricity plus 4d6 to undead only**)
    Full Attack: Energy touch +45 melee (20d8) or +5 returning seeking shocking boomerang + 81 (+85 to undead) ranged (1d6+5 plus 1d6 electricity plus 4d6 to undead only*)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/ 5 ft
    Special Attacks: Energy Touch, Salient Divine Abilities, Spell-like Abilities, Spells, Turn Undead
    Special Qualities: Automatic Actions, Communication, Damage Reduction 30/epic, Darkvision 20 miles., Divine Aura (DC 55), Divine Immunities (see below) , Envisaging, Extension of All, Familiar, Godly Realm, Grant Spells, Immortality, Remote Communication, Remote Senses, Resistance to Fire 25, Spell Resistance 52, Sphere of Creation, Sphere of Oblivion, Spontaneous Casting, Travel, Void Form
    Saves: +63 Fort, +64 Reflex, +90 Will
    Abilities: Str 10 (+0), Dex 33 (+11), Con 18 (+4), Int 61 (+25), Wis 60 (+25), Cha 61 (+25)
    Feats: Combat Casting, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Rod, Craft Staff, Craft Wand, Craft Wondrous Item, Empower Spell (B), Eschew Materials (B), Extend Spell (B), Forge Ring, Improved Initiative, Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Scribe Scroll (B), Silent Spell (B), Quick Draw
    Epic Feats:Blinding Speed, Craft Epic Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Epic Rod, Craft Epic Staff, Craft Epic Wand, Craft Epic Wondrous Item, Efficient Item Creation, Forge Epic Ring, Ignore Material Components,
    Salient Abilities: Alter Size, Alter Reality, Banestrike (Undead), Battlesense, Clearsight, Craft Artifact, Create Object, Divine Blessing (Intelligence), Divine Blessing (Wisdom), Divine Blessing (Charisma), Divine Celerity, Divine Dodge, Divine Inspiration, Divine Recall, Divine Shield, Divine Spellcasting, Divine Splendor, Energy Burst (Electricity), Frightful Presence, Know Secrets
    Skills: Appraise +108 (+114 to related items made with any Craft skill), Concentration +87, Craft (alchemy) +108, Craft (armorsmithing) +108, Craft (weaponsmithing) +108, Decipher Script +108, Diplomacy +113, Disable Device +108, Gather Information +114, Handle Animal +108, Intimidate +108, Knowledge (arcana) +108, Knowledge (architecture and engineering) +108, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +108, Knowledge (geography) +108, Knowledge (history), +108 Knowledge (local) +108, Knowledge (nature) +108, Knowledge (nobility & royalty) +108, Knowledge (religion) +108, Knowledge (the planes) +108, Listen +108, Move Silently +94, Open Lock +94, Perform (oratory) +108, Ride +100, Search+ 108 (+114 to find secret doors or hidden compartments), Sense Motive +108, Speak Language***, Spellcraft +114 (+120 to Spellcraft checks to decipher spells on scrolls), Spot +108 (+114 on Spot check in shadowy or other darkened areas); Use Magic Device +114 (+120 to Use Magic Device checks related to scrolls)
    Environment: Plane of Concordant Opposition
    Organization: Solitary (Unique)
    Challenge Rating: 59
    Treasure: Cloak of scintillating colors and +5 returning seeking shocking boomerang
    Alignment: Neutral
    Advancement: By Class
    Level Adjustment:
    *Designer Notes: Changes from original pleroma. -4 HD, -14 Str, +6 Dex, -8 Con, +34 Int +30 Wis, +36 Cha. He has different feats and skills. His saves include the +1 luck bonus from his cloak.
    These choices were arbitrarily chosen by me and might be overpowered.
    **See banestrike salient ability
    ***See Communication in Divine Characteristics.

Features and traits Diamorus has (due to his Type, Subtype and Divine Rank):

Outsider Traits

An outsider possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

• Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    • Unlike most other living creatures, an outsider does not have a dual nature—its soul and body form one unit. When an outsider is slain, no soul is set loose. Spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as raise dead, reincarnate, and resurrection, don’t work on an outsider. It takes a different magical effect, such as limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection to restore it to life. An outsider with the native subtype can be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected just as other living creatures can be.
    • Proficient with all simple and martial weapons and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
    • Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Outsiders not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Outsiders are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
    • Outsiders breathe*, but do not need to eat or sleep (although they can do so if they wish). Native outsiders breathe, eat, and sleep.

*Deities don't need to breathe.

Aeon Traits

Envisaging (Su): Aeons communicate wordlessly, almost incomprehensibly. Caring little for the wants and desires of other creatures, they have no need to engage in exchanges of dialogue. Instead, aeons mentally scan beings for their thoughts and intentions, and then retaliate with flashes of psychic projections that emit a single concept in response to whatever the other being was thinking. The flash is usually a combination of a visual and aural stimulation, which displays how the aeon perceives future events might work out. For instance, an aeon seeking to raze a city communicates this concept to non-aeons by sending them a vivid image of the city crumbling to ash. An aeon’s envisaging functions as a non-verbal form of telepathy. Aeons cannot read the thoughts of any creature immune to mind-affecting effects.

Extension of All (Ex): Through an aeon’s connection to the multiverse, it gains access to strange and abstruse knowledge that filters through all existence. Much of the knowledge is timeless, comprised of events long past, present, and potentially even those yet to come. Aeons gain a racial bonus equal to half their racial Hit Dice on all Knowledge skill checks. This same connection also binds them to other aeons. As a result, they can communicate with each other freely, over great distances as if using telepathy. This ability also works across planes, albeit less effectively, allowing the communication of vague impressions or feelings, not specific details or sights. Due to the vast scope of the aeon race’s multiplanar concerns, though, even the most dire reports of a single aeon rarely inspire dramatic or immediate action.

Void Form (Su): Though aeons aren’t incorporeal, their forms are only a semi-tangible manifestation of something greater. An aeon’s void form grants it a deflection bonus equal to 1/4 its Hit Dice (rounded down). [Note that Daimorus' divine rank gives him a better deflection and so he uses that instead. Deflection bonuses do not stack.]

Pleroma Traits

Energy Touch (Su): Diamorus’ touch deals 20d8 points of damage from positive or negative energy, depending upon which type of energy would harm the creature touched. His touch never heals damage.

Sphere of Creation (Su): Three times per day, Diamorus can manifest a 2-foot-diameter sphere of white energy that hovers above its left hand. By concentrating, the pleroma can control this sphere, causing it to fly slowly at a speed of 10 feet per round. The sphere can travel in any direction, but must remain within 300 feet of the pleroma or it immediately dissipates. Wherever the sphere travels, it leaves behind a 5-foot-wide path of new matter, creating either new terrain (such as swamp, tundra, desert, or forest) or a 10-foot-square wall composed of a single natural substance (such as clay, wood, or stone). Any existing matter, either living or nonliving that comes in contact with the sphere must make a DC 44 Fortitude save or be absorbed and incorporated into the new substance (only freedom, miracle, or wish can rescue creatures so trapped). Creatures that save are pushed to the nearest unoccupied location adjacent to the newly created substance. The sphere is highly unstable and only lasts 1d4 minutes before exploding with a blinding flash. All creatures within 30 feet of the flash must make a DC 44 Fortitude save or be permanently blinded. The save DCs are Constitution-based.

Sphere of Oblivion (Su): Three times per day, Diamorus can manifest a 2-foot-diameter sphere of complete and utter darkness that hovers above its right hand. The sphere is an empty void similar to a sphere of annihilation. Any matter (living or nonliving) that touches the sphere must succeed on a DC 44 Fortitude save or be sucked into the sphere and destroyed. Larger objects (such as ships or buildings) are destroyed at a rate of one 10-foot cube per round of contact with the sphere. By concentrating, Diamorus can control this sphere, causing it to fly slowly at a speed of 10 feet per round. The sphere can travel in any direction, but must remain within 300 feet of the pleroma or it immediately dissipates. The sphere is highly unstable and only lasts 1d4 minutes before harmlessly imploding upon itself. Alternatively, the pleroma may hurl the sphere as a ranged touch attack (with a 10-foot range increment) against a single creature. When thrown in this manner, the sphere implodes immediately after the attack is resolved. The save DCs are Constitution-based.

Divine Characteristics

See here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/div....htm#rank16-20

• Attacks: A deity gets its divine rank as a divine bonus on all attack rolls and as long it has divine rank 1, it does not automatically fail on a natural 1 roll.
    • Always Maximize Roll: Greater deities automatically get the best result possible on any check, saving throw, attack roll and damage roll. They never need the Maximize Spell feat because their spells have maximum effect already.
    • Saving Throws: A deity gets its divine rank as a divine bonus on all saving throws and rank 1 or higher do not automatically fail on a natural saving throw roll of 1.
    • Checks: A deity gets its divine rank as a divine bonus on all skill checks, ability checks, caster level checks, and turning checks.
    • Immunities: A deity is immune to polymorphing, petrification and any other effect that alters it form. Any shape-altering powers the deity might have work normally on itself. A deity is not subject to energy drain, ability drain and ability damage. A deity is immune to mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns and morale affects). Deities of rank 1 or higher are immune to electricity, cold and acid even if the attacker is a deity of higher rank. Deities of rank or higher are immune to disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects and disintegration. Deities of rank 6 or higher are immune to effects that imprison or banish them. Such effects include: banishment, binding, dimensional anchor, dismissal, imprisonment, repulsion, soul bind, temporal stasis, trap the soul, and turning and rebuking.
    • Damage Reduction: A deity has damage reduction based on divine rank. It seems that Diamorus should have DR 30/epic. [Deities and Demigods had DR updated in the 3.5 updated booklet]
    • Immortality: All deities are naturally immortal and cannot die from natural causes. Deities do not age and they do not need to eat, sleep or breathe. The only way for a deity to die is through special circumstances, usually by being slain in magical or physical combat.
    • There are more but I'm too tired to list them all.

Communication: A deity of rank 1 or higher can understand, speak, and read any language, including nonverbal languages. The deity can speak directly to any beings within one mile of itself per divine rank.

Divine Aura: The mere presence of a deity of rank 1 or higher can deeply affect mortals and beings of lower divine rank. All divine aura effects are mind-affecting, extraordinary abilities. Mortals and other deities of lower rank can resist the aura’s effects with successful Will saves; the DC is 10 + the deity’s rank + the deity’s Charisma modifier. Deities are immune to the auras of deities of equal or lower rank. Any being who makes a successful saving throw against a deity’s aura power becomes immune to that deity’s aura power for one day. Divine aura is an emanation that extends around the deity in a radius whose size is a function of divine rank. The deity chooses the size of the radius and can change it as a free action. If the deity chooses a radius of 0 feet, its aura power effectively becomes non-functional. When two or more deities’ auras cover the same area, only the aura that belongs to the deity with the highest rank functions. If divine ranks are equal, the auras coexist.

The deity can make its own worshipers, beings of its alignment, or both types of individuals immune to the effect as a free action. The immunity lasts one day or until the deity dismisses it. Once affected by an aura power, creatures remain affected as long as they remain within the aura’s radius. The deity can choose from the following effects each round as a free action.

• Daze: Affected beings just stare at the deity in fascination. They can defend themselves normally but can take no actions.
    • Fright: Affected beings become shaken and suffer a -2 morale penalty on attack rolls, saves, and checks. The merest glance or gesture from the deity makes them frightened, and they flee as quickly as they can, although they can choose the path of their flight.
    • Resolve: The deity’s allies receive a +4 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and checks, while the deity’s foes receive a -4 morale penalty on attack rolls, saves, and checks.

Familiar: A deity of rank 1 or higher with levels as a sorcerer or a wizard has the ability to treat any creature of a given kind as a familiar, as long as that creature is within a distance of one mile per divine rank of the deity. This special familiar ability only applies to one creature at a time, but the deity can switch between one creature and another instantaneously, as long as the second creature is within range. This special familiar ability does not replace the deity’s ability to have a normal familiar, which could be any kind of eligible creature. Diamorus treats any bird and birdlike creature as familiar and his normal familiar is a black crow.

Remote Communication: As a standard action, a deity of rank 1 or higher can send a communication to a remote location. The deity can speak to any of its own worshipers, and to anyone within one mile per rank away from a site dedicated to the deity, or within one mile per rank away from a statue or other likeness of the deity. The creature being contacted can receive a telepathic message that only it can hear. Alternatively, the deity’s voice can seem to issue from the air, the ground, or from some object of the deity’s choosing (but not an object or locale dedicated to another deity of equal or higher rank than the deity who is speaking). In the latter case, anyone within earshot of the sound can hear it. The deity can send a manifestation or omen instead of a spoken or telepathic message. The exact nature of this communication varies with the deity, but it usually is some visible phenomenon. A deity’s communication power can cross planes and penetrate any barrier. Once communication is initiated, the deity can continue communicating as a free action until it decides to end the communication. A deity can carry on as many remote communications at one time as it can remote sense at one time.

Spell-like Abilities (Sp): At Will—All domain spells from Glory, Knowledge and Time domains. Caster Level 30. DC 55+ spell level.

Travel (Sp): A deity of rank 1 or higher can use greater teleport as a spell-like ability at will, as the spell cast by a 20th-level character, except that the deity can transport only itself and up to 100 pounds of objects per divine rank. A deity of rank 6 or higher also can use plane shift as a spell-like ability at will, as the spell cast by a 20th-level character, except that the deity can only transport itself and up to 100 pounds of objects. If the deity has a familiar, personal mount, or personal intelligent weapon, the creature can accompany the deity in any mode of travel if the deity touches it. The creature’s weight counts against the deity’s weight limit.

Debby

P.S. his is mostly finished other adding familiar stats, completing special abilities and adding spells. Adding spells is so time consuming that I'm loathe to finish this. I used to hate critiquing epic creatures and I can state that I hate designing them too.

Changed Bonus Wizard Feats since deities have spontaneous casting and thus don't need spell mastery as a feat.
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-08-19 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Work In Progress

22. - Top - End - #52

Planetar

Thanks, my players are, one half elf ranger, 1 half elf barbarian, and 1 drow noble wizard. The ranger specializes in battle, and the drow in evocation, conjuration, and has a few high level transformation and abjuration spells like Time Stop and Prismatic Sphere.

23. - Top - End - #53

13-Silent Still Quick Time Stop
    If your players can stop () this, they have a chance to fight him. Sphere of X added for you, and I added spells to his spell list.

I resisted the urge to add Double-Rapid Quick True Resurrection, but this is more of a good solution against him.
    Last edited by Network; 2012-08-07 at 05:59 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

Planetar

Also, do you think you could increase his stats? because the original Pleroma had much better physical stats,and nearly as good mental ones, and considering this monster is more than 3 times it's CR it should have all around stats in at least the 50s. Also, I feel like it should have more unique special abilities.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by demonman24 View Post
    Also, do you think you could increase his stats? because the original Pleroma had much better physical stats,and nearly as good mental ones, and considering this monster is more than 3 times it's CR it should have all around stats in at least the 50s. Also, I feel like it should have more unique special abilities.
    you dont need a balance of stats to make an insanely powerful creature, the Psudonatural Template (Epic Levels Handbook) combined with the Paragon Template (Same book) can make a Rabbit able to solo Beholder Colonies with 9 hitdice (at this point it has at least 216 HP SR=45, DR 10/Epic and AC=57, and it isnt epic yet).

Fluffels the terrible has an Int of 17 (His Dex is at least 33)

Drow avatar @ myself

26. - Top - End - #56

Planetar

So can anyone suggest a reasonable balance of stats?

27. - Top - End - #57

Planetar

Network/Debihuman, I'm looking at you.

28. - Top - End - #58

Planetar

Also, Network, Time Stop wouldn't be a solution against him, because he has Spell Stowaway (Time Stop).

29. - Top - End - #59

Planetar

Also, I think it would be more helpful if the monster had the Glory and Time domains, as it would then have Time Stop and Gate as domain spells, along with other helpful spells like True Strike, Moment of Presience, and Crown of Glory, which enhances it's Charisma, and therefore some of it's save DCs.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Banned

How are your players getting above level 20 if Pathfinder lacks rules for that?