New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Voice acting Attempts!

SO!

Hello everyone.

As the Title of the thread says, I'm very much looking to get into the field of voice acting. One of the first tips I saw was to read stories out loud. So, I decided I might as well put them up on Youtube while I was at it, see if I could get some feedback and perhaps some more 'work', so to speak.

Do you have a favorite story you would love to hear read? Send me a link and I'll post it up here! Have a certain voice you think I'd be perfect to try? Let me know, and I'll try to do it as well!
    (Don't worry, Voice coaching is high on my list of things to get to after Tech School is over)

If you want some of what I've done so far, here's a small list
    Death Note Dub
    Death Note Dub 2
    Mendacity, a Fanficiton by Dromicosuchus (MLP fan fiction)

Please, I would love some feedback! anything you can give me will be appreciated!
    Last edited by Noctemwolf; 2012-07-31 at 09:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Voice acting Attempts!

Can you pull of Indiana Jones and a German accent? If so, I may want to use you in an animation I want to do.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    Can you pull of Indiana Jones and a German accent? If so, I may want to use you in an animation I want to do.
    Good question... 0-0* I can certainly give it a try! Time to go look up some videos, I think....

If you have some small portion of script, I can give it a read and post it up. once I test out my accent abilities. I've been Trying Scottish, and I'm okay at that.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Good question... 0-0* I can certainly give it a try! Time to go look up some videos, I think....

If you have some small portion of script, I can give it a read and post it up. once I test out my accent abilities. I've been Trying Scottish, and I'm okay at that.
    Well right now all I have is a concept: Indiana Jones eats waffles, then Nazis show up and he fights a big German guy and it ends like all violent Indiana Jones fights end.

5. - Top - End - #5

Well right now all I have is a concept: Indiana Jones eats waffles, then Nazis show up and he fights a big German guy and it ends like all violent Indiana Jones fights end.
    I will try something and let you see. =)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    I will try something and let you see. =)
    Well, there's no hurry. I'm still working on other animations before I start that one. Though it would be nice to have a voice actor other than me for my animations. I do need one for other animations.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

You bastard! You tricked me into listening to MLP fan fiction!

Otherwise, not bad. Encouraging.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2012-07-31 at 07:12 PM.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

8. - Top - End - #8

Well, there's no hurry. I'm still working on other animations before I start that one. Though it would be nice to have a voice actor other than me for my animations. I do need one for other animations.
    Perfect! a little bit of practice time, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    You bastard! You tricked me into listening to MLP fan fiction!

Otherwise, not bad. Encouraging.

I'll put a warning up next time.

Thank you much. I'll post up more stuff when I get it up.

Edit: I did this one a few weeks ago, when I got a new microphone:
    I was being a dumb***
    Last edited by Noctemwolf; 2012-07-31 at 09:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

How's your singing voice.

A friend of mine works as an editor for Global News (a national news group in canada), and he gave me a set of instructions for getting into voice acting.

My memory is very foggy on the subject, so I'm just going to describe it as best as I can.
    Basically there is a website where you record yourself reading some lines, and submit them to a database. Every few months, radio and tv people, along with the video game industry, will check through the database until they find something they like, and then contact that person.

There's 3 major websites that do this and a huge list of minor ones. There's a word he used for it though, the kind of thing that you could pop into Google and get some leads on. I can't remember what that word was. Erg. I'll have to follow up on that.

But basically, his recommendation was submit something to these sites about every 2 months. Also, you may want to try your hand at Sports or eSports commentating. It's a very successful place to start if you want in on the broadcasting industry, it's launched many great careers.

Just some thoughts. I'll see if I can get you a lead on one of those websites.

EDIT: Here's a few suggestions on yahoo answers.
    http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question...5113428AAeVbNB
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-08-01 at 05:25 PM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    How's your singing voice.
    I think I'm okay at singing... I know it needs work though. Badly. I know a friend who's an amazing singer, though, so I'm planning on getting him to coach me for singing.

A friend of mine works as an editor for Global News (a national news group in canada), and he gave me a set of instructions for getting into voice acting.
    Hey! We both have amazing friends who help us with stuff! =P
    Ahem... anyways...

My memory is very foggy on the subject, so I'm just going to describe it as best as I can.
    Basically there is a website where you record yourself reading some lines, and submit them to a database. Every few months, radio and tv people, along with the video game industry, will check through the database until they find something they like, and then contact that person.

There's 3 major websites that do this and a huge list of minor ones. There's a word he used for it though, the kind of thing that you could pop into Google and get some leads on. I can't remember what that word was. Erg. I'll have to follow up on that.

But basically, his recommendation was submit something to these sites about every 2 months. Also, you may want to try your hand at Sports or eSports commentating. It's a very successful place to start if you want in on the broadcasting industry, it's launched many great careers.
    I do plan to do LoL Let's plays and things like that, if that's what you mean by eSports. Definitely seems like it would be fun to do.

Just some thoughts. I'll see if I can get you a lead on one of those websites.

EDIT: Here's a few suggestions on yahoo answers.
    http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question...5113428AAeVbNB
    I've actually heard about Voice Acting Alliance. Multiple times. One of my favorite Youtube Voice actors also happens to be a member on there. I should probably head there if I want more advice on this, seeing as they're probably more of experts than anyone here. Not that I'm saying no one here is good at it, mind.

Edit:
    another small something. Kingdom hearts II related:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc-A08b7Xdg
    Last edited by Noctemwolf; 2012-08-05 at 12:12 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

A double Post. Excuse me for it 0-0*

(MLP related)
    A Night to Remember- Prince Artemis