Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default IC Can't Take the Sky From Me-[Exalted, Heaven's Reach]

Terna System, Terna-Alpha, Niven Ring

The Ring furthest out from the star, it has traditionally been home to the least ethical business of Terna. This is the deepest, darkest, most wretched hive of scum and villainy in a system already renowned for such qualities. Generally, it's advised that you higher a small to medium sized mercenary company if you're going to be on the ring for long term business.

The Southern Quadrant is the most lawful area for the most part, controlled by a quartet of powerful gang-lords who maintain order in their section. It's with one of these mafioso's that you have some business.

The Last Whispering Killer is the weakest of the Mafioso's in terms of raw gang strength, but holds his position on the quartet due to his expansive information network and shadowy operatives. Over the past few weeks he's contacted each one of you, requesting your presence about some type of business deal. With little to lose, you've come to the location he specified, a building adjacent to the spaceport guarded by some of his men. When you approach, they welcome you, and direct you inside to what appears to be a rather nondescript conference room, with tables, chairs, and a projector.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not assuming that everyone is together, but anyone who wishes to be can be.

If you don't have your own personal ship, then you can assume to have been on a transport ships or the like.

You may of course describe coming to the station if you wish.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Can't Take the Sky From Me-[Exalted, Heaven's Reach]

Nadezhda swaggers through the building with her usual air of confidence, walking past all the guards with a heedless grace. One of them opens the conference door for her and she grants him a radiant smile, winking her thanks and brushing past him as she enters the room. She pulls one of the chairs out and promptly sets herself in it, planting her feet on the table and leaning backwards so that that the chair was resting on only two of its legs. Her hands support her head and she starts to whistle happily as she waits for everyone to arrive.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Des Demasque

Oh, wonderful day.

Get onto a new world after wreaking bloody havoc on the old one (he had played a game of bakrat a bit too well, and they didn't take kindly to cheaters, see), and hadn't realized which shuttle he was getting onto - given that he had signed up for the first transport off-world, that was a bit of a mistake, that.

So, he clears the joke of a customs that the Ring has, and gets met at the gate by a pair of burly men. Brutes, really. He could have taken them, but frankly, nobody was shooting, and it was a crowded area. One of the passengers had a kid; no reason to put any of them in danger.

So he goes to the building with the promise of a job offer. He figures he'll wait and see what they want, make his decision then...

"Nah," he says, staring at the other person in the room, grin on his face. "I'd recognize that godsawful whistling anywhere. 'Lo, Naddie. Fancy a drink?"
    Last edited by industrious; 2012-07-31 at 09:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Homebrew:
    The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II OOC
    Biting the Big Apple OOC

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

"Unless you brought a bar with you, such a fancy will have to go unentertained." Scarlet had decided to be expedient in arriving, as it would give her less time on unpleasantly familiar streets and more time to assess the prospective employer. The Day Caste leaned against the wall that bore the door people were arriving through, the incline of her hat and the tilt of her head hiding her face. "I wouldn't object if you did, though."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Des

"Lady, I'm Des Demasque."

He fishes around in his pockets, produces a silver flask, takes a belt of it, and sighs in contentment.

"Some folks call me the Whiskey Dancer, on account of how good I am at staying not dead while not sober. Also the best damn engineer who never got his license this side of the Swan Dynasty."

Des wasn't a particularly tall or muscular or handsome man. He wore a baggy tan longcoat that had been ripped, torn, gotten holes poked into it, stained with everything ranging from blood to oil to other, less identifiable substances, and his hair looked as if it had been cut with a spastic with a set of hedge trimmers. A pair of mismatched guns were strapped to either side of his waist, too high to be quickly drawn.
    Last edited by industrious; 2012-07-31 at 10:37 AM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Homebrew:
    The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II OOC
    Biting the Big Apple OOC

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mikil looked a little out of place here, yet, paradoxically, looked strangely comfortable. This was the kind of place he'd been around his entire life, and despite the doctors rich suit, he didn't look worried. Of course, there was always the likelihood he was simply very, very foolish. Rich people often are. In any case, he had made himself comfortable in his chair, looking around at the others her inquisitively. The prettier women, he sort of gave a sideways glance, before going back to a data slate he had been working on.

He had come because, well, he needed work. What he had saved couldn't keep him running forever as it was, and he had no safe haven. His only advantage was staying a step ahead of whoever came after him. So when work came up, any kind of work, he had to jump on it, get it done fast, then get moving.

"Erm, nice to meet you Des." He gave the others a slight wave that came off as a little awkward. "I'm, Mikil. I had... sort of expected there to be more sick people here, which is why I figured I'd been called. Unless, um... I guess none of you are sick, are you?" His voice a little rough, but quite, and not unpleasant.
    Thought of the Week: There are usually only about ten people in the world you really care about. Maybe your parents, some friends, the person you sleep with, and me.
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=
    Excellent Avatar by yldenfrei

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

"Godawful? You must be tone deaf, everyone always tells me they love my tunes. Course, they could just be pandering... but anyway, hello Des." Nadezhda stretches her neck over the back of her chair, looking at the newcomers with an upside down view. She waves at Des from this inverted position.

"I know better than to take a drink from what you like Des, but then again, knowing better has never stopped me before!" She smiles over at Des and extends her arm outwards to catch hold of the flask, if Des felt like chucking it over to her.

Nadezhda addresses to Scarlet as she waits for her chance to drink. "I didn't see you there friend. I'm Nadezhda, but you can call me Naddie if you want, I don't mind. What may we call you?"

Mikil then enters the room.

"Mikil eh? Well, if we were called her to tend for the sick, I'd be well out of my league. I've got no experience getting people up on their feet, but I've plenty on the opposite." Nadezhda remarks happily as she surveys the new arrival, winking to him as he catches her eye.
    Last edited by Incendius; 2012-07-31 at 01:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

"You can call me Scarlet." The Abyssal shifted the rim of her hat up, examing those parties gathered thus far. She looks toward the doctor as she shifts to standing upright, brushing some stray strands of hair out of her eye. "Given my own areas of expertise, I suspect you're here to treat wounds that haven't happened yet."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Des

"Hey! This is good stuff. Aged eighteen years, single barrel...this is good stuff. The last of what I got from...the reason why you don't trust anything I drink."

He chucks it anyway.
    Homebrew:
    The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II OOC
    Biting the Big Apple OOC

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Raine Celestine

The darkness of space is lit up for a moment as a crimson red fighter screams down the lanes, weaving around slower moving ships. One might think a dare devil hotshot was flying the fighter, someone who was trying to scare the pants off any ship pilot that was caught off guard. They would be wrong through. A confident daredevil did not fly the unique and red fighter, instead a less than confident former songstress did, and worry lined her face.

"Bet I'm late." Grumbled the red-head as she left the stream of ships.

Standing on the console in her little place to do so, was the holographic representation of Crimson Stellar Nova. No more than half a foot tall, the ghostly figure of a woman stood flickering and transparent. Despite that, she wore a kimono today and was apt to change depending on her own moods. Her hair was tied in a pony tail, and a sigh passes through her lips. After a moment she turned and pointed towards the side, to the opposite of the station. A reticule appeared on the cockpit HUD, and Raine groaned. "If I'm not late I will most certainly will be."

"You are cleared for landing, Raine," Crimson Stellar Nova remarks as she guides Raine towards the landing pad.

"So late..."

Men and women scattered as the impressive looking fighter entered at crazy speeds. There would have been a resounding crash, a terrible crunching of metal against metal. But Crimson Stellar Nova is not like other fighters, and Raine Celestine is not like green pilots eager for a job. The fighter stops in the air, inertia nullified and then it lands a moment later. The cockpit opens a moment later and the redheaded former pop idol of the galaxy jumped out and gracefully, athletically, and eye catching, everyone around turned to watch her with awe. A smile touched her lips as she almost seemingly slowly lowered to the floor and then ... with a resounding crash the graceful angel that had left the cockpit was in amongst a pile of cables and tubes while technicians and workers looked on with shock and amusement.

"Ouch..."

It was some time later, like a whole extremely beyond late 20 minutes later, when Raine entered the chamber where everyone else waited. Her waist long hair was everywhere, grease smudged her fair right cheek. Her red outfit was tight and form fitting covering her from neck to mid thighs and sleeveless, a pilots outfit. Black fingerless gloves sat on her slender hands, and a pair of red boots sat snugly on her feet.

Regardless of her appearance, an appearance that was a tad frazzled a sigh escaped pink lips and she slumped her shoulders forward, panting slightly. "I'm not late am I?"
    Last edited by Myllinnia; 2012-07-31 at 05:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

A loud crash followed by a series of thumps and groans precede a flying blonde man's entry into the conference room. With a shuddering impact he careens into the conference table and manages to sway gamely to his feet, the source of his flight now being restrained by the two guards stationed outside the room. "Mind the suit, you Jovian sewage trawler!" he exclaims, casually dusting off what does at second glance appear to be a very expensive Terran-style business suit in a tasteful cream color. A black shirt is accented by an electric blue tie, refuting any idea that the wearer was looking to mimic this cycle's fashion. Instead he manages to exude a retro-Terran feel, ruined only by his obviously backwater drawl. "I just wanted her communicator ID. I never asked if she was your wife. I never cared!"

He turns and flashes a quirky grin -- drawn oddly around the scar dominating most of his face -- before returning his attention to the interloper. He exits back out through the doors as though he were strolling out of some backwater liquorshack and pokes his finger into the guy's chest. The guy reaches for his hand but the blonde man just shakes his head. "Wouldn't do that, pal. It's loaded." The interloper looks confused for a moment, but still goes for the offending digit. The blonde man sighs as there is a distinct click of a working trigger mechanism and the interloper's chest explodes in a spray of blood.

He strolls back over to the table, sparing a look of disgust for the blood all over his suit and shrugs at The Last Whispering Killer. "They never listen. Hi," he says, turning to greet everyone in the room with a wave. "Uri."

12. - Top - End - #12

Raine gives a slight and cute sounding surprised cry as Uri is thrown pass her as she deftly avoids his entrance. Deciding it might be safer to be at a corner of the room rather than the center or the entrance, Raine moves 'away' from Uri and his conversation and slips into a nearby corner to avoid being shot at or pushed around. She hated being pushed around. Brushing her hand through her wealth of shimmering and disordered red hair she sighs and evens her breath.

That was until the sound of a gun going off brought her to stiffen where she stood. Paling a bit she watched as the bloodstained Uri returned to the room giving his best smile and all that. She simply leans back against the wall looking rather uncomfortable and drained, as if she had used all her energy in a self done deadline only to find there was no immediate deadline. "Raine Celestine," she lightly adds with a cautious look around to the others.

13. - Top - End - #13

"Ahhh." Mikil seemed to understand after Scarlet offered an explanation, though he didn't look directly at Nadezhda after that playful wink. He'd... never really gotten used to pretty women. Made it hard to concentrate sometimes. "One of those jobs." He gave his new allies a weak smile as he said that. Some part of his flight was a desire to escape violence, but, how bad could it really be?

He got his answer just a moment later, when a mans chest exploded.

"Bloody void!" Mikil cursed, suddenly, everyone else in the room was forgotten. No one else mattered, expect the poor soul bleeding out on the ground. A bag of tools was pulled out smoothly from under his chair, and with smooth precision he began treating the man. He was quick, so much so that it was difficult to see him move the space between his sweet and the dying man. He was simply, one moment sitting, and the next, a blur of movement, and medical tools.

"Bastard." He hissed, glaring at Uri for a moment before working to save the mortal, his arms a flurry of tools, while a soft violet light of essence moved about him, shifting like that of a faint breeze. He didn't know what the hell had prompted the murderous display from the man, but it had won him no favors from Mikil. Pointless killing. Pointless death. He hated it.

"Its not your time." He murmured to the wounded man, "Do not worry. Relax, breath deeply, its not as bad as it looks." It was. But Mikil had a good bedside manner, likely came from ages of lying professionally. But it wasn't over yet, any mortal doctor would need a miracle but Mikil... He would pull this man back from the brink yet.

Spoiler
    Show

Buying three sux from the second medical excellency

(8d10)[8][6][4][1][6][3][5][10](43) six sux total
    Last edited by DrakeRaids; 2012-07-31 at 06:09 PM.
    Thought of the Week: There are usually only about ten people in the world you really care about. Maybe your parents, some friends, the person you sleep with, and me.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

The man you saved doesn't thank you, having fallen uncouncious some time ago. Two of the guards come in with a stretcher to take him away, and then one with the bearing of authority enters.

"Okay, you had your fun. Now please, don't shoot anyone else: the mess is troublesome, and you're on private property. We're just waiting on a few more, and then the proposal will start."
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Des

"Don't worry, boss," Des drawls, making a "give it back, save some for me" motion towards his flask.

"If these are a valid representation of who'll be joining us, I'm not going anywhere."

He grins at Naddie, Raine, and Scarlet.

"They're just so gorram pretty."
    Homebrew:
    The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II OOC
    Biting the Big Apple OOC

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Nadezhda catches onto the flask and takes a long swig, though she leaves half for Des. Still upside down, she wipes her mouth and tosses it back to him She then eyes each of the male inhabitants of the room and smirks.

"Sorry Des, but I can't really say the same for all of you! Don't worry though, we can't all be godly beauties now, can we? Still... I could teach you some ways to take better care of yourselves. Some new designer clothes, a few touches of makeup, and maybe I could make you presentable!"

17. - Top - End - #17

Mikil certainly didn't look like much at the moment. Splattered with blood, and his arms and hands covered in it, mixed with a tired look on his face made him look like hell. And the way he was surveying the room it was clear he wasn't sure if he wanted to stay either. Finally, he made his way back to his seat quietly, the tell tale burn of essence still surrounding him. "I, ah, don't think that will be necessary." He murmured in response to Nadezhda. He preferred to avoid attention, not attract it.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Uri slides into a seat like an uncoiling spring, his sleeves suddenly rolled halfway up his arms. A series of intricate light blue, silver, and black inking adorn both arms, and his fingers immediately come together in a steeple. "You know the guy had it coming. He ham-handed a loaded weapon wielded in self-defense and got shot. Not even going to warrant an investigation." He let his gaze drift to Mikil. "Didn't really need to be saved, either, but maybe with all the extra time in bed he'll finally please his wife."

Uri lets his gaze drift over the others assembled in the room, his eyes snapping to and fro like he's having a waking dream.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Des

"Oh, Neddie!"

He thrusts his hand over his heart all melodramatic-like.

"What happened to that woman who stalked me across the worlds, and tried to get me drunk so you could have your wicked way with me?"
    Homebrew:
    The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II OOC
    Biting the Big Apple OOC

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Nadezhda

Nadezhda snorts in amusement and continues with another playful jab. "You certainly have a rose colored view of the past, don't you? Lemme tell ya, there was a reason I was drinking as heavily as you were, and it wasn't because I liked what I saw!"
    Last edited by Incendius; 2012-07-31 at 07:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

"I'm used to working with dangerous psychopaths, don't worry." Mikil respond to Uri icily. "But I'll keep your observations in mind." The man could make excuses, but he'd made a conscious choice to shoot that mortal. He didn't need to, he didn't have to, as far as Mikil was concerned, it happened because he could. And that made this Uri the worst kind of mercenary. Maybe he was lashing out because it was so close to what he himself had become, but... it wasn't right.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

"I can hear you judging me from way over here, Doc. You think life's a series of choices and there's always a good answer. Sometimes all you get dealt is bad and worse. Sometimes you don't even get cards. Sternum Negative had a good choice; he made a bad one anyway." He runs a hand through his hair, making it whip around wildly before it settles back down into more or less the same shape it was before the interloping appendage appeared. "Watch those two flirt like they don't like each other. Watch the caricature of the gunslinger over there who's been quiet since I stumbled in, her hand swaying to and from her casters. Watch the one with the grease-stains and the too-tight flightsuit who's hoping none of us realize she used to be famous. -- or maybe she is. But don't presume to know what sort of screwed up I am unless you bought me dinner first."

"Then you can judge me good and full." He winks at Mikil then, completely shattering the illusion of the hard-boiled speech.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Des

"Oy!"

Des looks insulted.

"I legitimately dislike the woman! She very nearly tried to kill me, until we decided to resolve our difference of opinion with alcohol. And she never called back after I gave her my number."

He pouts at her.

"Answer me honestly, Neddie. Was I really that objectionable?"
    Homebrew:
    The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II OOC
    Biting the Big Apple OOC

24. - Top - End - #24

"Bull****. You don't throw a man to sharks then claim it wasn't your fault he was eaten. You deliberately brought what happened to him about. Crow all you want like it wasn't your fault, but it doesn't change a thing. You're not just a psychopath. You're a child, and worse one without any regard for their own actions, rationalizing what happens around you so you don't have to own up." Mikil responded, his tone level and cold the entire time. He wasn't buying what the Lunar was selling. He'd patch the man up, he'd use him if he had to, but nothing in the job description had anything to do with liking him. He was dangerous, quick to kill, and of dubious sanity though. Mikil made a note to be wary about the man. Who knows what he would do?

25. - Top - End - #25

Raine, to say the least, was a little nervous now. The near death of one man, due to well bit of a rough handling and perhaps argument that was born from questioning the desires of one's woman, had placed her in high alert and Crimson Stellar Nova was now aware of it. She'd have to do better to calm herself down and be more cautious before some technicians get wise to the nature of her lovely machine.

Raine nodded to Des, appreciative of one who appreciates, but conservative enough to remember a time when frilly revealing outfits and and make up was used to attract looks of admiration as well as other things. She couldn't afford stalkers and pantie thieves at this point in her chaotic life. Not that any of that would be useful, she was not the bright star she used to be, like the ones that empowered her diminished due to war. Her thoughts were quickly turned to a bit of horror and her eyes turned quickly to Uri and her heart sank and quickly scrubbed at the grease spot which didn't help her. After a moment she shrank back into her corner and hoped they just ignored his rambling. She was a pilot now, she didn't sing. Well not as much or to many people anymore.

"Can't we just be nice to one another. Bad things happen and this is not a friendly world, there is no need to being unfriendly now is there. We're are all obviously here for the job." she was happy, she kept her voice even and level, even if the musically inclined young woman always added a lilt to certain words.
    Last edited by Myllinnia; 2012-08-01 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Corrections

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

"As someone native to the rings, I think I can settle the argument: The doctor is right in that the gunman's logic has more holes in it than the man he blew open. The gunman is right in that the man he blew open had it coming. Nobody living in the rings pursues violence with nonlethal intent, only swiftly lethal or sadistically lethal." Scarlet glances between the bickering pair to see if they'd settled any, then pulled out a hankerchief from inside her coat. She holds it up for the doctor's attention for a second, then tosses it to him. "Soak it up, doctor. It'll only get bloodier from here. Welcome to the rings."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Firbolg in the Playground

Midnight

Midnight listens to Scarlet.

"So it's just survival of the fittest huh? That'd almost be romantic if it wasn't bleak as hell."

As the woman walks in she looks at Uri with an embarrassed look on her face, before settling down in a chair and waiting for the meeting to begin.
    Zenithbold-Bard by Lord Raziere | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Irisviel

One of the later people in the group walks in, after having had a good- and discreet look for any traps or the like. Iris looks around, her coat being her only clothing other than a form-hugging black bodysuit. Other than that, she carried a black briefcase, surely not large enough to hold a sniper rifle or anything like that.

Right?

She frowns a bit at the body on her way in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just for fun: Dex+Stealth: (10d10)[4][7][4][3][8][10][10][7][6][7](66)
    and Perception+Awareness: (8d10)[4][3][2][3][9][5][10][6](42)

To discreetly search the area for traps. An IC explanation for why she wasn't here earlier. :P

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Desert Elf Druid by Akrim.elf. Thanks!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's gotten worse since the Empire took over, from what I've seen." That, or things didn't look as bad through the eyes of childhood, but that seemed less likely since even then things were bad enough to warrant fleeing toward the war. As Irisviel arrives, Scarlet gives her a nod of recognition. After having lost so many in the canal, Scarlet made sure to remember the faces of her fellow Dynastic soldiers, especially those she knew to be Exalts. "Been too long."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

"Empire or otherwise..." Uri says, looking disinterested, "You are right about this trip getting bloodier. This whole sector is a glorified scrapheap on top of a crap-heap inside of a cluster. Even Jovians look down on this place, and their moons have been cesspools since the dawn of time."