New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

If he had been any other boy he would probably feel embarrassed. Thankfully, Yousuke was not any other boy. In a lot of ways he was actually very relieved, if she had actually expressed a real interest in him he probably would have run away. If he had actually cared about pursuing her perhaps he would have been angry by her casual let down. Now was not really the time to be thinking about it anyway, not when he had somebody else to talk to. If he played his cards right, he could goad her into taking a swing at him. This teasing, along with the sweets, were one of the small pleasures he allowed himself in life.

"Seeing as how I was not interested in her in the slightest, I believe I have come out as the victor in this exchange," he said imperiously. "As a matter of fact, she seemed to believe you were very rude to her. It does not reflect well on you to disrespect our honored guests Tsumaki-san."

"Thankfully, I was here to set things right. Do not worry about repayment. Helping you was its own reward."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Arriving at the station, Houshi immideately thought, Ah, so that's what mom was talking about. He shrugged and took the detour.

He couldn't help but marvel at the energy of the district. Though, in a setting like this, he stuck out like a sore thumb. While awe struck, something crossed his mind; he was a genin now. Maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't point and stare but know that this mountain of a man was now protecting them. It was comforting image to say the least.

When he spots Sune, he couldn't help but lean in over her, "I didn't know you wore glasses too."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

Yuri doesn't seem to react to Yousuke's goading. She just keeps the same smug grin on under her napkin, and when the young ninja thinks he's gotten the upper hand and plays his trump card...!

"Yowr wighteh. Eye was rood. But eye lurnded summthing." Yuri sniffs, rubs her nose, then removes her napkin. Her nose has finally stopped bleeding enough for her to talk normally, and she takes the chance. Yousuke can now see her wonderfully smug grin, and hopefully realizes where he's screwed up at. But if he doesn't, Yuri is there to rub his nose in it. The young girl puts a dainty hand on her chest and swells with pride.

"I now know she likes girls, and won't have to embarrass myself by asking her out and being wrong." She gives Yousuke an honest smile. "Thank you for that." He had actually helped his archnemesis, even if by accident. And Yuri knew that fact alone was a far greater burn than anything she could come up with.

Houshi

Naturally, no one says anything out of place about Houshi. His headband alone was a badge saying "I'm not to be messed with", and everyone obeyed it equally. The ninja among the crowd gave him a salute or nod of the head as he passed, and the mundanes among them gave him a fair berth, didn't make eye contact, and said nothing. Sure, no one made fun of him, but that headband also made everyone but fellow ninja afraid of him.

Sune leans back to look Houshi in the eye. Her eyes are dark brown under the glasses, and she gives the tall genin a wide smile. "Hee. We have to. Well, Cybele-chan has to. I can control my eyes a bit by closing them like you remember, but it gets blurry." She shakes her head, and you can guess that keeping your eyes half-closed all the time makes it hard to get around.

She taps her glasses and angles her head to the side in an obvious attempt to make herself look cuter than normal. "I got these for when I wanna look at something up close!"

Amon

The boy looks at Amon like he was worried that she was a bit off. The lights weren't on, and there wasn't anyone around. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that her teacher wasn't around, and the young man had just given her a very good reason. Even so, it was her time to waste, and he wasn't gonna question it openly.

"Well, take care." Saicho wanders northward toward a building with a sign much like the one Amon was now standing in front of. No one else seems to be walking anywhere near Amon, and Amon doesn't see any purple haired women in the crowd of ninja wandering between buildings.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-12 at 08:15 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon spends most of her ten minutes tinkering with her equipment, recoiling quickly as she sniffs one of her many poison veils - "ARGH, why did I DO that, my nose hairs are tingling, gah... what if I had mislabelled something and it was a gaseous poison? I could have died. Ah man, I'm out of it, and bleh, I can taste it..." Thoroughly corking her poison, she stands, trusting her sense of time, but severely wishing there was a clock or something around. Shrugging, she guessed it had been about 10 minutes and 11 seconds, or thereabouts.

Amon takes off, deciding her sensei probably isn't coming as she heads to central in search of the purple haired woman. "Maybe I should have brushed my hair or something to make a good impression. Eh, she's not an investor, she's a ninja. I'm sure appearances don't matter that much to her," she says aloud as she heads through the streets.

Spoiler
    Show
    Past 2am here and liking my intro so far. Probably good point to sleep. Though may stay up for a bit too see how this search for her goes.

I'm sure some plot convenience wil happen to drop me off wherever I need to go, but in case the fates ar ealigned against me, let's try a gather info check. (1d20+2)[3]
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-08-12 at 08:22 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

He could not let Yuri get the best of him. He would not stand for this. Remembering the reason for the foreign nin's trip he spat back, "Fat chance, Yuri! She's only here to pick up a captured ally, you're never going to have another chance at asking her out."

He could not lose here, there was too much at stake. A victory for Yuri here would tip the precarious balance they held in their burn to burn ratio. It was truly a battle for the ages.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

Yuri slams her hands on the counter. "What?! No, you're--No... She wasn't from here... Damnit!" Yuri looks apprehensive for a moment. She's worried, and it's written all over her face.

"No! I'll do it!" Her fear is instantly replaced with steely resolve as the young girl throws off her apron, leaps over the counter, then...

...leaps back and snatches one of the donuts from the shop. She quickly boxes it up, then stares at Yousuke with an incredulous look on her face.

"Why are you still here? We're closing! Get out!" The girl leaps back over the counter, and starts to shove Yousuke outside. "Out-out-out!" Once Yousuke is outside, she dashes back in, then bolts back out carrying a small styrofoam box. She quickly locks up the building, hangs up the closed sign, then starts running toward the Main Gate.

Amon

As Amon meanders over to Central she doesn't see any tall women with purple hair around. Though she does see several blonds, two blues, four greens, and at least one gold whom she could swore had a glowing aura around her. Amon reaches the rail and slides her way to Central without event, and ultimately arrives just as the bell rings. Central's equipped with a large bell that rings on the hour, and this time it rings twelve times. A crowd of ninja swarm out of the building, but Amon can't pick out individuals too well at this distance. She could stay there and scan the crowd some more, or she could shout, or do any other activity to try and find her sensei. Surely it wasn't this hard to find a purple-haired woman, was it?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Grinding to a halt, and looking over the ninja crowd, Amon assesses the situation. "Well, my lungs could use a bit of a workout..." Scooching down into earshot of the crowd to not be too much of a brass neck nu going even louder, she shouts out "Hey, has anyone seen, or is anyone themselves Cybele-sensei? I'm to meet her today to join her team, you see. Purple hair, from what I hear, anyone?" she asks loud enough to be heard a block away while looking the crowd over.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot it is then, but that's hardly any more promising. I have no ranks and a wisdom penalty.
    Still though I'm due for a good roll...
    (1d20-1)[5]

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Amon

A light tap on the shoulder draws Amon's attention, and she's greeted by a five foot six woman who looks more at home as a model than as a ninja. She has a very light muscle tone, but her ample assets, long shapely legs, and thigh-length silky hair would make most women her age green with envy. She gives Amon an appraising look as the woman's purple eyes and rectangular pupils gives the young genin a once over. Cybele pushes her glasses up, closes her eyes, and nods.

"Yes. You look like the girl I was expecting." She keeps her eyes closed as she turns and heads toward the rail leading to the commercial district.

"As you know, my name is Cybele. I'm your teacher from today on. Sorry, but we don't have much time to talk. We've got a mission, and we need to meet up with the rest of the team." She doesn't waste any time, and hops up onto the rail leading to the commercial district.

9. - Top - End - #69

SamuraiGuy

Walking through the plaza with the admiration of his peers, the fear of the villagers was an interesting feeling to say the least. He nodded back to his peers and held his head high. To Houshi, there's was no where for him to go except up in his mind. He felt fear would inevitably give away to respect and that would turn to inspiration.

Houshi leans back to a standing position, "Hmm, I see. That would make things difficult. Well, I gotta go meet the rest of the team. You already knew that though. With the rails being down, don't wanna be late." He turns around, then quickly turns back around and pulls out the scroll, "Oh, I know you should be able to read this. I got it this morning from my parents. They said a pretty, young girl dropped it off according to my dad."
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-08-12 at 09:24 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Houshi

Sune just looks at Houshi confused. She wouldn't know anything going on in their team, since she had her own to deal with. Even so, she simply shrugs and lets it go, but she doesn't let him get away. "Uh-uh! Stop right there and look at this!" She drapes the intricately made necklaces over her shoulders, then poses with it. The silvery-white metal runs down her neck, dipping into the neckline of her tee-shirt, and ending just above her chest. The necklace does nothing but draw attention to the fact that she's... well, Houshi's mother would say she was "developing". His father would call it "flat".

"Whaddya think?" She poses again, plainly ignoring his question about the scroll. The necklace still only accentuates the fact that she's got nothing going on up there. Frankly, the whole necklace would be completely wasted on her, and it would fit someone with much larger assets much more comfortably.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-12 at 09:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes ma'am," Amon says with a salute, following her new teacher wherever she led that was not currently on fire.

"So what's in store for us today then, ma'am?" she asks, hopeful. Please not another D-rank mission, please please PLEASE...

12. - Top - End - #72

SamuraiGuy

Houshi leans in, making sure to give it a fair inspection. He nods, rubbing his chin, "It is very nice. Are you getting it for you sister? It would accent her features very nicely. Now, seriously, I have to go. Good day."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

As Yousuke fought to keep a grin off his face as he stood outside Tsumaki Sweets. Honestly he did not care if Yuri managed to catch up the foreign nin. The frantic look on her face as she ushered him out of the door as well worth the trouble he had gone through. He took a deep breath and adopted his usual calm. Knowing that it was close to their meeting time, Yousuke headed for the rails, eager to make it to their first team meeting on time.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Houshi

Her sister? Her sister! Sune turns ice cold as Houshi talks about how nice it would look on her sister. Her purple eyes narrow to thin purple lines, and her killing intent spikes instantly. She reaches up to remove her glasses, but stops when she sees something behind Houshi. She just glares at the giant genin. "You get to live. Today. Enjoy it." If Houshi turns around he sees Cybele and another girl coming toward him.

Amon

Cybele doesn't respond at the beginning. Instead, she simply heads to the rail leading to the commercial district and starts grinding that way. When Amon follows she's greeted by the huge crowds of merchants, ninjas, and civilians buying and selling a wide variety of goods and services. The shouting and general murmurs of the crowd make it very hard to hear, and Cybele turns to say something to Amon when they land. Unfortunately the younger genin cannot hear her at all, and her jounin does not repeat what she said. Cybele heads deeper into the commercial district, and would have lost Amon in the crowd if not for her distinctive purple hair.

The purple-haired jounin points toward a very tall man in the distance standing beside a small purple-haired girl. Cybele motions for Amon to follow, then starts heading toward the pair quickly.

Houshi and Amon

Houshi's jounin arrives just in time to see her little sister glaring extremely angrily at him. Cybele loudly introduces the girl behind her. "Houshi, this is Yamana Amon, she'll be replacing Eisen." She turns to the blond-haired genin. "Amon, this is Takeada Houshi. He's one of the genin on my team." Cybele turns back to Houshi, then asks him an important question. "Do you know where to find Yousuke? We've got an emergency mission, and I wasn't given his address."

Yousuke

Speak of the grim, and they shall appear. Yousuke steps out of the sweets shop just in time to see his jounin, Houshi, Sune, and some girl he doesn't recognize standing around talking. Sune looks angry at Houshi, and Cybele looks rather concerned. Whether it's about what Houshi did or not is up in the air.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-12 at 11:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that saved him the trouble of finding his team. He strides casually to the group, casually waving his left arm as he approaches. They looked tense. Something Houshi had done perhaps? He hadn't known the larger genin for long but as far as he could tell, Houshi had a tendency of saying very annoying things. Still feeling somewhat argumentative from his exchange with Yuri he asked, "What did Houshi do this time?"

Evidently, he was still not over Houshi's offhanded remark about his parents.

He had to admire Sune's glare though, having practiced his own for so long he began to take notice of the eye's of his peers. Sune, to her credit, had a nice pair of eyes and an even nicer glare. A shame she didn't do it more often. It was fine so long as they were never directed at him.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

16. - Top - End - #76

SamuraiGuy

Houshi rose eyebrows in confusion, "I... will?" He shook his head until Cybele showed up with another in tow. He saluted his peer as he was introduced, "A pleasure." He turned to the jounin, "No, I have not sensei."

Houshi roses his arm in defeat, "Forgot to not give my honest opinion to a younger sibling. Another lesson of life, lie. Apparently, I'll live longer. Even if I'll be ashamed of myself for not telling truth." He sighed before noticing where Yousuke came from, "You really do like sweets. Sorta ironic when you can be so sour." Finally, he noticed the jounin's distress, "Okay, something's wrong, what is it?"
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-08-13 at 12:05 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

DM

"Alright! That's it!" Sune reaches for her glasses, whips them off, and starts to level her newly purple eyes on Houshi. You only see a flash of those crystal-like purple orbs before Cybele intervenes. The jounin's hand goes right around the younger girl's head. Her hand succeeds in blocking Sune's eyesight, but can't close her eyes. The older girl grimaces as her hand tenses, almost like she was attempting to crush Sune's head by squeezing it like a grape. A few minutes of this goes on, and ultimately Sune is the first to give up.

"My head, my head! Stop it~" Cybele releases her younger sister, and Sune puts her glasses back on. The suppression effect happens almost instantly, and her purple eyes shift to dark brown. Cybele attempts to hide the hand immediately, but both genin notice that her hand doesn't actually move out of the claw-like shape it's been twisted into. The veins on her hand stand out a little, and the tendons in her fingers poke out from beneath her skin. She responds to Houshi's question quickly as well.

"We have an emergency mission. We've been assigned a guard mission by Central. Normally they would assign a chuunin team to this mission, but their teams are running a bit thin due to... problems with Konohagakure. So it's being delegated to us." She seems a lot calmer than she was yesterday, or maybe the sense of urgency is driving her new found courage. Either way, she hands each of you a pair of soldier pills.

"Take one when we leave, and keep the other for later. We'll be out on a four day mission, and won't have a chance to sleep." She starts walking toward the Main Gate, subtly switching her injured hand around to her front so the genin don't get another sight of it. Cybele motions for all of you to follow with her good hand, and Sune just angrily glares at Houshi as the group walks away.

"We'll be escorting a rebel to the Kazekage, Yusa of the Black Sand, to Sunagakure. We've been assigned as extra guardians, but we'll have to walk due to the prisoner. A unit from Sunagakure were dispatched to retrieve her, but they're short-handed too."

Cybele pauses to emphasize what she's going to say next, because it's extremely important. "This is our chance to make peace with Sunagakure. We cannot fail."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Was that some sort of dojustsu? Who is that strange girl? I'll assume she's not on the team. Her attacking one of the group seems to have been taken a little too casually though... Amon holds her tongue, not wanting to start a fight with someone so quickly.

Amon appearance (revised)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Long blonde hair (reaching halfway down her back), blue eyes, a little over five feet. Her clothes keep her upper assets a little ambiguous, but she has very full hips. She's a fair bit older than the average genin, but her eyes have that same curious sparkle as anyone of rookie status. Soft, round features, but with often sharp, inquisitive eyes. She's pretty quick. moving with great coordination, and has more muscle mass than most girls her age, though not enough to compete with a Taijutsu master
    Clothes: pink and green patterned poncho, denim dungarees, armour slightly visible under her poncho and over her top.. A boot on one foot. Wears a bandana
    Injuries: Her right foot is entirely missing, replaced by some sort of chakra-animated prosphetic foot that works largely quite well, as are the pink and ring fingers on her left hand. A few scars dot her in odd places, particularly around the severed body parts.
    Accessories: wears her sogakure headband with a stretched out sash like a necklace, dangling along with a piece of bamboo one might identify as a blowgun. She has a single hooped earing on her left side of pure silver that she thinks makes her look like a pirate. A golden chain attached to the top inside her poncho and hanging lightly over it bears what looks like a high-grad monocle (no seriously)
    Equipment: Carries some sort of finely made cane. A tightly bound bag over her bottom looks to be a regular old shuriken pouch. She hauls a large bag bulging with equipment that would be good for camping, though you suspect she didn't bring a tent.

Amon fumbles as she tucks away her soldier pills. Oh, this won't help my case any. Running off for days at a time - I won't be back for a week, and without explanation too. Ah, I'll deal with the consequences later. With a deep breath she regains her composure, cracking the knucles of her remaining fingers. She bows to her teammates. "Well, time is of the essence so we'll make time to talk en route. I'm Amon, pleased to meet you. I'm glad to be on a team with swordsmen - gives me something to hide behind." She giggles, though the valley-girl airhead is clearly a crude act - there's something technical about her speech most of the time.

"Do we need to grab anything? Well, with soldier pills I guess we won't be needing to sleep or anything, though I wish I'd grabbed more ration pills." She coughs, seeming to discipline herself for whining as she adopts a more regal posture. "I am ready to head out post-haste. Lead the way, ma'am."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-08-13 at 08:11 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Knowledge check
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOH Hell ya - natural 20 on the village. Citation: OOC post. Now spill the juicy secrets of Sunagakure, won't you?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post13718333

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

An escort mission for foreign ninja traveling to secure their captured rebel. This sounded eerily similar to Hisakawa's story back in the sweets shop. The coincidence was too high, and somehow he doubted that Soragakure had captured two different rebels and arranged for their villages to retrieve on the very same day. This did not bode well for the young Konpaku. However, regardless of his feelings on the matter, this needed to be reported to Cybele.

"Cybele-sensei, I believe I have met one of those Suna-nin today. She went by the name of Hinami Hisakawa. Does that name hold any significance to you?"

Noticing the new face in the party, Yousuke nods in Amon's direction, acknowledging her presence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ninja Lore: Yusa of the Black Sand - (1d20+5)[17]
    Ninja Lore: Sunagakure - (1d20+5)[22]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-13 at 10:49 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Given a moment to think, Amon ponders, recalling quickly every slightest thing of note about that old village of sand. Doton and fuuton users, one tailed shukkaku, primary military force of the wind country, capable of competing with konoha, her scrambled thoughts echo. She draws a blank on the kage though. And on Yusa. She feels extremely dull for even conceiving of her question, pondering if it would be better to ask now or on the road. She'd spoken so quickly, she wasn't sure if Yusa was the name of the kage or the fugitive. Dammit, how could she POSSIBLY recall all there was to know of the village that any outsider Genin could hope to and yet be so thick as to not recall the damned Kage's title? No no, best save, there'll be a time when bringing this up won't seem as stupid to ask about... When that test said I was a genius, it LIED TO ME!

Knocked from her extremely stupid conundrum by a simple nod from Yosuke, Amon pauses then returns in kind, her smile returning. "Who are you then?" she asks quickly, a little concerned about holding her sensei up yet honestly curious. To make up for it, she stretches her leg a little, looking about ready to run a dash at the Olympics as she bends oddly, her fake foot creaking eerily. She sniffs the air suddenly as she readies a soldier pill, smiling to Yosuke, the source of her olfactory curiosity. "And why do you smell like ice cream? Did you bring enough for the rest of the class?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Cybele

Cybele answers Yousuke while the group walks. "Hinami Hisawa? Well at least this won't go poorly if Yusa's allies attempt to free her. She's an ex-Iwa-nin. She was a mercenary for awhile, and even hired onto a lot of Soragakure's jobs, but ultimately joined Sunagakure permanently. She has a bloodline ability that lets her turn her skin to stone."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Glad that his misadventure had proved some use in their mission, Yousuke nodded.

He frowned at the new girl's probing, bristling at her completely vapid questions. She had to know who he was by this point, and if she really could not put two and two together it was probably not worth telling her. The slight nod had been meant as a sign of greeting but now he was beginning to regret his decision. He had no intention of initiating a conversation, least of all with a girl. His time in the sweets shop had been enough interaction for at least a week, if not a month. He supposed that it was a foolish hope that their third member would be a male. Though he was not particularly fond of Eisen at least the smaller genin had the courtesy of being quiet during their time together as a team.

"I was seen just outside of a closed sweets shop. You may come to your own conclusions," he intoned. Without looking back he speeds up to stand by Cybele's side.

"Cybele-sensei, are we the only genin embarking on this mission?"

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon blinks at the odd tone in Yosuke's voice. Well, sure enough, that's a sweet shop over there, she sees. Geez, I just wanted to know my teammates name, and maybe make conversation. Ah well, it's 4 days of travelling - he'll warm up to me before we get there at least, I'm sure. Eh, look at him. He's tall, but I'd place him at maybe 11, 12 tops. Some inexperienced kid who knows only how to fight and hardly much of the finer sex - where have I seen THAT before? She sighs fondly as she remembers an old teammate. A pity that one so quick on his feet would never walk again... She tries to make herself feel less guilty on the basis that for taking what would have been an axe to the face for her, his family was well compensated on his retirement, but still...

"Focus on the now," Amon mutters to herself, seeming no less ready to go. She nods to Hoshi. "Don't suppose you're anymore chatty?" She gives Yosuke one last look, suddenly stopping. "Uh, you look a little beaten up there, guy. Hard training session yesterday? Are those bruises just for show or could you use a pick-me-up. I'm a pretty good medic, you know."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Cybele

Cybele shrugged at Yousuke's question. "We're the only team from Soragakure being dispatched on this mission, but Hinami might have genin of her own."

26. - Top - End - #86

SamuraiGuy

Houshi keeps pace with Amon as thinks about her question for a moment, eyes drifting away before holding his thumb and pointer very close together. He starts to speak before she stops and notices Yousuke's injuries.

He tried to hide it but a lot of the ninja lore went over his head. He didn't even know where Sunagakure was let alone who the Kazekage is. What he did know is that his sensei said that they cannot fail. Their first mission and already given a very important missions. He clenched his fist and held it to this chest, Time to earn that respect. Once again though, that scroll runs through his mind, "Oh, can one of you guys read this for me. It was delivered to my house this morning." He produces the scroll from his person and hands it to whoever offers.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon stops for a moment, grabbing the monocle hanging over her poncho and pushing it in place in her eye as she examines the scroll. "Hm, odd.. let me look see if there's anything of note," she says like someone who isn't wearing a swanky monocle as she eyes Hoshi's scroll

Spoiler
    Show
    Uh, let's see... Decipher Script!
    (1d20+5)[24]
    Oh **** yes, karma uber-high roll! Man that one rank may just pay off! Assuming I rolled the appropriate skill
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-08-13 at 06:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's... some sort of summoning contract, I think. Between turtles and somebody called Fujiwara Min. Where did you say you got this? I think it might be active. Give me a second..." Amon removes her monacle, focusing on the scroll.

Spoiler
    Show
    I use my awesome Sense Chakra ability on the scroll and use ninjutsu to identify any relevant effects. I rolled OOC, and got a 28

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Watching Houshi's own mystery object reminded him of his own. Digging into his bag, Yousuke retrieves the cat doll and presents it to Cybele, hoping to get some sort of answer. "My grandfather told me that somebody dropped this off for me. Do you know what it is?"

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Cybele

The jounin takes the tiny cat doll, smiles a bit as if reminiscing about something dear to her, then returns it. "It's a fortune cat doll. If you keep it close then something good might happen, but kids these days mostly give them to crushes."