New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Legends and Memories.

You arrived in Ka-Kunum the night prior, the evening breeze warming your heart for summer, but reminding you of the cold just forgotten. The red sky of dusk mixing with the flames of the campfires, and the sounds of entertainment rising from the tents.

Over the morning frost, and your view of your own breath, you see Ka-Kunum in its truest beauty. A large Inn, surrounded by an appealing picket fence, a single home sitting against the front of the Inn, presumably where the owner lives. In the middle of the yard sits a hill, sides cut to cliffs, and a single stairway leading up, topped by a single gravestone, unmarked, but ornate. A river cuts through the village, leading in to a shallow lake, an isle mid, living two ruined pillars, and trees of age.

Between the Inn and the river sits a small forest, young, but grown. A few stragglers have moved from the group, attempting to start a family of their own, and smaller bushes and weeds making a living among the living.

On the opposite side of the river, sits a small graveyard, in which reside two crosses, though without names. Upon one sits an etched sword, ruins intertwined to it's hidden blade, readable but long forgotten.

On the coast, and riverside sits a tent 'village', surrounding a set of campfires, simple in build, but complex in design. Between the two coastal tents sits a large garden, filled with various fruits, vegetables, and other edible delights. A few armed men, and static gypsys wander around the camp, doing various chores, and activities. In the field a group of children watch as two men train to fight, every now and then letting the children train as well, and practice what they were doing.

Waiting yet for the man whom offered the job you find the Inn your temporary home, the few denizens eating breakfast, and drinking tea, an elderly man reading and spinning his short sword on the table, the bartender and his younger fellow going about the chores in a joyous way. You notice a few others not yet in the tune of the joyous town, perhaps adventurers, most likely looking for the same job as yourself.
    Last edited by KingOfLaughter; 2012-10-08 at 08:48 PM.
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Legends and Memories.

Karasu sits just outside the door, he didn't like being inside, even during the winter he rarely came into town. He tapped his claws on the floor, making light clicking sounds as he waited.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

3. - Top - End - #3

Daemon

Jeice paced back and forth just outside the Inn. He was only wearing pants today, as usual. He jerked his head at Karasu in frustration.

"This village is too boring. When's our contact getting here? His hands flexed into fists and back open as he turned back around in his imaginary roundabout path. If he kept this up, he'd dig a small trench in front of the Inn before they learned more about the job.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Alister liked the calm and relaxing town. He was sitting on the ground with his legs crossed as he waited for the contact to arrive.
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2012-10-09 at 08:28 AM.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

5. - Top - End - #5

A group of men walk past you headed from the Inn to the tents.

The group consists of four militiamen, and two explorer looking types. The militiamen flanking them front and back.

As the group passes you overhear the two men in the middle talking about the things they require to explore some ruins they found, as you get a better look as they walk past you notice one man is older, and has a large gash down the right side of his face, his eye socket void of it's once perfect inhabitant. Both men carry a short sword and various tools and equipment along their belts. Though the older man wears a more much expensive looking set of garb then his compatriot.
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

6. - Top - End - #6

Karasu watches the new guys as they walk by, "you the guys we're waiting on?" he asks just before they enter.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Spoiler
    Show
    If you're outside the Inn they're leaving it, if you're outside tents, well stop being creepy.

The younger man turns, "If you're here for the ruin job, then yes, follow us."

8. - Top - End - #8

(Misread your post, he's outside the Inn)

"Jeice, come on," Karasu calls into the Inn before following the explorers.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

(Figured so)

The men walk to the tents, continuing their conversation.

As you arrive the youngerman motions the guards to stop, then looks at you, "All of you wait here, we'll call you in when we're ready."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Alister also follows the explorers principally to feed his curiosity on the subject. He soon stops as he follows the instructions of the young man.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

11. - Top - End - #11

Daemon

Jeice ran in with his comrades and was surprised when he was stopped.

"Well, well, well, he calls for patience, he does," he said, bouncing on his feet. "Yes, yes, we're here for the ruin job. I'll wait all nice for you," he added, grinning with pointed teeth.

12. - Top - End - #12

Karasu takes a seat, using his claws to carve into a small slab of wood he picked up along the way.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

As you wait, using your time as you can. Waiting you find yourself grown slightly impatient, it's been nearly an hour, how can he not be ready? But yet as your patience seems about to snap a small child walks over to your group, looking at you with a joyous face. "Are you here to help my daddy?" He kicks the dirt where he stands, looking slightly nervous, he has a wooden sword in his hand held behind his back.

14. - Top - End - #14

Daemon

Jeice hadn't stopped smiling that creepy smile of his since he was told to wait. Thus, when the child approached, he turned with what he thought was an amiable expression, but really promised death to whoever crossed his path.

"Well, that depends, kid. I'm here to help someone, yes. Is your father over there?"
    he asked, jerking his head towards the small group they were waiting on.

15. - Top - End - #15

"Don't take your annoyance out on the kid, Jeice," Karasu says, "sorry about him, he acts the way I look when he's annoyed, and sometimes when he's not," and that was saying something, since Karasu looks feral in the extreme, including yellow crow eyes and razor sharp, retractable claws.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Alister takes a close look at the kid and gives a brief but fake smile. Still, he decides to remain silent about the subject. He isnt making any promises before he finds out what were the details of the job and what he would be getting out of it.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

17. - Top - End - #17

The boy lets out a joyous yelp and runs off toward a group of children ranging from his age to a nearly adulthood. Most of the younger ones with wooden swords, axes, and bows. The two oldest looking children sport rather real weapons, one a sword, one a spear.

Watching them it seems that the oldest boys are teaching the younger children how to handle a weapon. In the background a pair of fully garbed warriors watch the group, talking every now and then about something, probably the students form.

A few moments later the younger man appears, "If you're still interested we'll see you now. I apologize for any inconvenience, my brother has a single track mind, had to finish the details he had started discussing."

18. - Top - End - #18

Karasu nods and follows the man.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Daemon

Jeice hadn't stopped grinning. "Right, right, business, yes. Lead on, there's a good chap."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

"Finally. I was starting to get bored." He replied breaking his silence for quite a while.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

21. - Top - End - #21

The man shuffles you in to the tent, and instantly you see a huge table, covered in papers, maps, books, notes, and letters. The tent itself is mostly bare, beyond the table, a pair of beds, a rather large assortment of weapons, and a pair of armor sets.

Thanks Elby for image fix.

The older of the two is standing across from the entrance deeply studying an old book, upon your entering however he shuts it firmly. The younger man moves to the right of the table, studying a pair of books.

The older gentleman eyes you all, "You wish to help us explore the ruins is it? What exactly makes you outshine the other lack... Interested parties?
    Last edited by KingOfLaughter; 2012-10-21 at 07:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

"Jeice and I know the area," Karasu says, "we train ourselves in the forests and fields outside of town," shifting to his own abilities next, "I myself am a survival expert in the area and don't need much equipment to fight," he extends his claws, "so I can hunt should the need arise."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Daemon

Jeice's grin became a smirk. "Karasu's got it. I don't need any fancy weapons or shiny armor to fight. I'm pretty much on par with Karasu when it comes to fetching food. As for my own personal skills? I'm strong, and nothing catches me off guard."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

"I believe my greatest asset comes from my many skills. Also, I can take find and take care of traps and I possess a vast knowledge in many areas." Alister explained.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

25. - Top - End - #25

The brothers look at each other, then the younger one looks at you three, "Alright, meet the fourth man at the Inn, then head over to the ruins, just follow the road south out of town, then follow it east toward the ugh,"The mans voice catches for a moment, "The lost Range, it'll turn south again, you'll hit a fork head east stop on the other side of the bridge, we'll meet you there."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Alister gives a brief nod to show he understood everything he was told. He looks at the other two guys wondering if they were also coming with him to the Inn.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

27. - Top - End - #27

Karasu nods and heads there, ready to get this little expedition started
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Daemon

Jeice spun around, his arm suddenly cocked towards the door. "To the Inn, and the 'fourth man'!" And started marching out, making small "hup, hup!" noises.

29. - Top - End - #29

As you enter the Inn you immediately notice a man sitting very near the door, looking up at it every time someone enters, or leaves. He looks like he may be the man you're looking for, but you're not sure.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Only moments after noticing you the older looking man starts to stand up, slipping 3 silver coins near his dish as he raises. He makes his way over to the trio, his eyes glancing towards Alister as he approaches. He extends his hand toward the shirtless man first offering a firm handshake, "Hello, My names Zudu a pleasure to meet you." whether his handshakes are acceped or not he moves down the line offering his hand towards the clawed individual. "and nice to meet you too." Then finally offering his hand to Alex, "And it's a pleasure to see you again Alex. I wasn't expecting to see you here. I take it you people are here for the job?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-10-25 at 09:49 AM.