New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

As Hinami's order to kill rings out, Amon's heart skips a beat. It's all she can do it that single moment of facing death to let out some of her bubbling rage - "Oh, you antagonising hussy, I'll -!" When the situation evolves further though, and she is left alive as the two flee, it's all she can do to keep her head down and keep healing, hoping to not draw anyone's ire.

Once the two enemies make good their escape, Amon holds back tears as she tries to speak, no words forming at first. A great shame weighs heavily in her heart, of failure. One tactical decision on her part may have cost them the entire fight - if she'd just incapacitated the leaf-nin in some way rather than trying to claim glory by helping Cybele they may have won by now... She continues her healing in sullen silence as another jolt of healing sets in.

Spoiler
    Show
    After 5 rounds, probably just after negotiations have closed out and the two depart, Yukiko heals an additional (1d4+1)[4] HP

Then again, i know we were bending the rules a bit in haviung her be healed at all while unconscious, so as a compromise I decided to write in that I essentially can't raise her above -1 HP (or 0 HP) at your discretion. Either way, she's not back on her feet is the point, which seems more or less in keeping with the intent of the technique, so I thought it would be okay.

"I'm sorry, sensei," she says in the direction she thinks Cybele lies as the sand-genin gather around her. "If I'd kept a cooler head, if I'd been stronger, Yukiko wouldn't have gotten hurt and... and they wouldn't have had a hostage to... I'm so stupid..." She tries to look up, only to see the worrying gaze of Sojuro and having her shame compound once more. Sniffing, she admires her handiwork a bit. "She'll.... she'll be fine. This technique isn't quite designed for getting people back on their feet like this, but... she's certainly stable. She'll make it, just get her some bedrest." As she speaks in her doctor-like voice, she forces herself to calm down a bit more, lest her sorrow eke into those that need it least.

Amon at last stands. "T-trust me." She clears her throat. "She'll be fine - any furtehr healing on my part now would just slow her long-term recovery. Get her a bit away from the fire and -" She stops, taken aback as she looks to Cybele, and finding her gone. "No... dammit..." Breathing deep to keep herself calm, she turns to the sand-genin, putting on a smile and some attempt at bedside manner. "I'll leave her in your care, loverboy." Before her guise of calm breaks, she turns to face her teammates.

"She ran off," she says, trying to pull them a little out of Sojuro's earshot - he had enough to worry about. "She's our only potential link back to this mysterious organisation and the only one caapable of posing those two a threat. Best case scenario is that she gave chase, but that's hardly favourable - she looked to be in an oddly bad way." She makes to give further evaluation, of her not waiting to receive healing for her exhaustion at Amon's hand before making off, but she suddenly finds her mouth very dry. Her strategies had been failing her all night, so perhaps shutting up for once would be best. If I were that smart, I would have slit Yusa's throat while we were travelling. Could you imagine the look on Hinami's face when she turns around and finds her comrade - leader even - bleeding to death, killed by a lowly genin. Giving a sick laugh on the inside, she stumbles, her knees buckling as she falls back, flat on her back.

I guess we'll just stay at an inn in this town and hope Cybele comes back in the morning. Wait, I guess the soldier pills make sleeping imposible. But we can't be splitting up and Yukiko's in no travelling condition. Maybe if I stick my hand down my throat I can coax myself to throw the pill up, ha. I'm certainly mentally checked out, it would be nice to match that with a fluffy bed. If Cybele isn't bach by morning, I guess we'll leave a note and try t get back to Sogakure before something bad happens. Wait, what if just the sky-nin returned - backup would arrive by morning easily then, of course! From the ground, she simply lies, spread out like a star, her prosphetic fingers twitching as if itchy. "I'm not attentive or fast enough to find Cybele, nor smart enough to know what i should do if I did find her. The best we can do is... well I guess help get this fire out. I'm fairly certain everyone was dead, but I still started this fire, I think, so I might as well help put it out before it spreads to the rest of the town. Wait, there may be important evidence within!" The sudden idea stiking her, Amon springs back to her feet.

Amon looks over the inn, about ready to jump in and drag out a body or two for autopsy, before the second floor falls on top of the first. Well, they're not getting any more destroyed than they are right now. Shifting her bandana around to the lower half of her face to shield from the smoke and let her golden bangs hang free for the first time all day, she goes to join the bucket line. "Next mission, I must remember to earn some sort of fire-extinguishing technique." Amon does everything in her power to help the townsfolk put out the flames.

"Hey, Yousuke, you're the fastest. By my estimate, if you run, you should be able to get back to sogakure in maybe two hours. If you do that, you should be able to get another jounin or two out here - our sensei is at best missing and at worst..." the events of teh night had made her look upon everyone as a potential traitor in her delirium, a condition she becomes aware of at that moment as she reels it back. "Either way, 6 genin are not capable of handling this, so if you could be a dear and do that, that'd be swell."

Once the major flames of the building are extinguished, Amon treads lightly to not disturb the already tattered inn's structure as she looks around for any signs of life. Or indeed corpses. Either would be fine for her purposes - even 1 corpse would be fine and she's certain there must be many. If there are none, well...

Spoiler
    Show
    Search check, I guess (1d20+5)[7]
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-08-18 at 02:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

While the town's population goes to work fixing up the wreck of the inn, Amon returns to the group. "Houshi, come here, ya big palooka - crouch down so I can reach your wounds. Look at you, I think she broke your jaw, hold still while we fix you up, okay? Speaking of, we won't be able to sleep our wounds off I think, so everyone line up to receive healing once I'm done with our friendly giant here." She seems to slap him with the healing technique. "You had me worried back there, kid..." she whispers to Houshi as she begins healing. "You be sure to thank Yukiko for taking those hits for your crazy ass when she wakes up, got it?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If Houshi stays still, Amon uses Healing First Rank to heal him over the course of 25 rounds at the cost of 2 chakra
    Initial damage healed (1d4+1)[5]
    Then over the next 5 round increments, 1. (1d4+1)[5] HP, 2. (1d4+1)[3] HP, 3. (1d4+1)[4] HP, and 4. (1d4+1)[5] HP
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-08-18 at 07:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Houshi gives Amon a death glare, picks up his sword and shuffles off to help the villagers, "I am not a child... not anymore. Therefore, do not call me kid. I know you mean it an endearing manner but I'm in no mood." He peers back at Yukiko prone form, shaking his head with a heavy exhale, "I don't need you, of all people, to tell me that. I saw it, I was there and worst of all, I couldn't stop it!" He starts clearing derby and putting out fires, No one said being a ninja would be easy, but damn... It's our first mission and this? Seriously? I hope when we look back on this, we are stronger because it.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Did Houshi shuffle off before or AFTER I finished healing him? Or indeed before or after I started applying healing? Those 2 points of chakra might be important, after all

Amon falls silent for a moment, her forced joy fading fast as his talk of not being a kid strikes a chord with her. She walks with him, making to continue lending aid by his side. "You don't want to be called a kid and you don't want to feel as powerless as you tend to do when facing down a superior foe - only to be saved by the sacrifice of an almost-stranger. You and I..." She exhales softly, thinking. "I know the feeling, Houshi," she says, suddenly serious. "I've spent the last two years being thought of as nothing more than a child - I almost starting believing it. That I couldn't get anywhere beyond that, that I was powerless... If you let the guilt of powerlessness set in, it never leaves. It's like I've always said." She grabs Houshi's hand, putting her mangled one in his as she holds the two of them up as close to his eye level as she can muster, showing the missing fingers all over again. "This was the least of my losses. You think I've not been in fights like this before, where the fight turns against you? Listen to me well, Houshi and never forget it. Things turned out grandly this day. Yukiko will live, that's more than I got last time **** hit the fan. You fought your hardest and as smartly as you could; this world is filled with people more powerful than you. But never feel the fear or shame of powerlessness. I won't allow that in you. You're old enough to make something of yourself, a hero a guardian, whatever you aim for, but you're certainly too young to be collecting regrets like some venerable sod of a soldier. Okay...?"

God, the nightmares that come from having 3 people lose their lives or perhaps WORSE defending your own worthless ass... those never end. That's not something he should have to feel.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke scowled viciously, irritated with yet another failure on his part. Every time it felt as if he was becoming stronger, reality reared its head and slammed him back down to humility. They had been 'victorious' at pushing back their opponent but they had clearly been defeated in virtually every other aspect of the mission. Not only had they been unable to contain their prisoner, they had been forced to comply to a hostage situation by the mysterious missing nin, to think nothing of the potential response from Suna. One of their number was on the verge of death and the others were currently fighting at half capacity. He was the only uninjured genin currently on the mission and possibly the only one capable of fighting at full capacity and for that reason he could not comply with Amon's request.

"I will not leave either team alone until Cybele-sensei returns. Two of our number were very nearly killed today while I was off foolishly wasting time."

Because of his foolish pride he had nearly gotten into a fight with swordsman from Suna and delayed their arrival at the scene of the fight. Were it not for him, they would have been able to offer their support at the onset of the battle, rather than help to clean up after it had been mostly decided.

Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew that his presence would not have made a significant difference, but had he actually been present, could he have prevented Yukiko's savage beating? Thinking otherwise hurt too much to believe. He was yet unworthy of bearing the Konpaku name, and this failure of a mission only served to illustrate his weakness.

"I will stand guard over her, you should heal out 'allies' for now and check on any injured villagers." Yousuke sympathized with the Suna team; he knew how much it hurt to be abandoned. And how would Yukiko take the news of her sensei's betrayal?

Yousuke sits on the ground near Yukiko with his sword on his lap. They would not be claiming the girl's life while he still drew breath. He would not permit another failure this night. When they returned to Soragakure he would need to restart his training in earnest. He had been too negligent in his training and if he could be thankful for anything on this mission, it was that it had opened his eyes to the realities of his own inadequacy. The amalgamated sword style he had now was not enough anymore. They required integration into the Konpaku school, but for that he needed to convince his grandfather to kick up his training schedule.

If his grandfather would not teach him the secrets of the Konpaku style, he would have to figure them out himself.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Villagers

With Houshi's help the burned out husk of the inn is quickly extinguished. Unfortunately the fire gutted much of the structure's support beams, and it remains extremely unstable. A significant amount of the upper floors collapsed onto the ground floor. Even so, the villages were able to retrieve the scattered remains of a two different people. They're burned beyond recognition, but the villagers bury them all the same. The villagers thank Houshi, and several of them offer him a warm bed for the evening.

While Houshi's talking to the villagers he notices the bald sand ninja walking away from the village. He seems to be going in the direction that Meiling and Hinami had fled in. He had made no attempt to help the villagers, and apparently didn't have the medical expertise to help Yukiko.

Yousuke

Sojuro remains at Yukiko's side the entire time. He whispers reassurances to her, strokes her head, holds her hand, and quietly curses himself at times. The boy's cold nature had been shattered by Yukiko's predicament, and each groan of pain or whimper in her dreams causes the boy to visibly worry. He doesn't speak to Yousuke, and seems to either ignore or not notice the sky-nin, unless he's spoken to. Yousuke can clearly hear the sand ninja blame himself.

"If we had run, if I had been faster, if I had been stronger, if... if..."

Amon

Amon's the first to notice Cybele returning to the village, but something seems strange about her. Her dark purple hair is still brushing her thighs, but she seems smaller overall. The jounin's long limbs seem smaller than normal, and her beautiful physique reminds Amon more of a well-trained teenager than an adult woman. As Cybele gets closer Amon is able to see that her initial assessments were right. Their jounin did seem small, but that was because she physically was smaller.

The same ninja uniform that a beautiful woman had once worn now graced the thin frame of a young teenager. The girl couldn't be any older than 16, but she wore the exact same uniform Cybele had worn during the evening. Of course, it fit her poorly, and the baggy clothing stood as a sharp contrast to how tightly it had once hugged their teacher's vivacious curves. Cybele didn't seem nearly as tired or beaten down as she had when she disappeared. The teenage jounin heads straight toward Amon as soon as she spots the genin.

"Yukiko", Cybele's sultry voice has even changed to that of a higher pitched teenager, "did she make it?"

7. - Top - End - #157

SamuraiGuy

Houshi just sighs with a smile, "Amon... You talk way too much." He chuckles lightly, "This won't stop me. I can't let it stop me or I won't be able thank Yukiko properly." He looks up to the night, "Just means we have that much more to go. Then, considering we've only taken the first few steps... It's a long road we walk. At least we aren't alone. That would suck."

Houshi thanks the villagers in kind but declines their offers. He only ask them to take care of Yukiko and themselves. He excuses himself after then chases after the bald genin, "Wait! Don't be a fool. You'll just get yourself killed."
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-08-19 at 01:13 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Houshi

"What do you expect me to do? They're out there, and only Sojuro or I can follow them. He's broken right now, and that leaves me. I have to know where they are, and when they move." The sand ninja looks at the ground, clinches his fists, and continues.

"If I don't, then I could never look Yukiko in the eye again."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

"Maybe you don't talk enough, Houshi," is all Amon says in response. She strains herself reaching up to pat his shoulder before he runs after the bald one. "I'll be here if you need me, okay?"

At Yousuke's talk of watching over Yukiko, Amon hesitantly nods. "Okay, fine. Just try and have an upbeat bedside manner, okay?" Before he makes off though, she makes sure to swipe at him in turn, keeping him for a second. "It would have been impossible for you to arrive any sooner, I assure you. My lightning signalled the start of that battle, your response time could only ever have been so fast. All the craziness that ensued was my fault for not rallying your presence first." After that, she releases him. And despite my own advice, I'm still here blaming myself. "Go to where you feel needed, Konpaku-san."

Before Cybele's reappearance, Amon looks over the populace. "Is there anyone in need of a medic?" she asks simply.

Spoiler
    Show
    Times like this I wish I had taken Forensics feat. I don't suppose you'd let me make a treat injury check to see if I detect anything about the bodies for old times sake, would you?
    (1d20+7)[18]

As Cybele draws closer, Amon is taken aback by the suddenness of it. "S-sensei? But no, sensei had the nggh and the aaah and the..." as she makes vague reference to her female persuasions, Amon gropes or strokes at the air somewhat inappropriately in example. For a split second it seems like she's about to CRY, tears and all as she unflatteringly wells up - ne'er shall the world see such magnificent legs and breasts again, nay! What's the point of it all when the sexiest among us lose our mojo...

At Cybele's question about Yukiko's health, Amon snaps back - brushing off the delirium that tends to come to her after a fight. When Cybele gets within ten feet, Amon steps back to maintain that distance. "Yeah, she's fine," she says, her heart beating. "Right now your appearance is clouding my thoughts - is that a conscious manipulation of my perception to throw me off, sensei?" She keeps stepping back, striking a defensive stance as she pulls her blowgun up to her lips, brandishing it at young Cybele. "Wouldn't you like to know what's in this?" she says as she points.

Spoiler
    Show
    hint: the blowgun is totally empty. If cybele is perceptive enough, she might see or guess that; after all, Amon wouldn't keep a tube loaded with a poison injector when it spends most of the time dangling around her neck, after all. She already doesn't have the biggest chest, the last thing she needs is poison in there if she trips on a rock while walking.

"Cybele," Amon says, trying to seem intimidating - trying not to stutter, though likely forgetting to stop her knees from shaking. "How deep in are you? Or how deep in were you, rather. I have a hunch as to what their organisation is, and there isn't a thing I know about you that doesn't meet their recruitment criteria. Your personal wronging of Hinami isn't something on the books, is it? What do you know of them? Where would they go?" Her chest heaves in stress against her poncho and bandolier as she hopes Cybele doesn't just snap and kill her there for confronting her in this way. "They've run off and you're the only possible lead back I've identified, so..." she says as if trying to apologise in the eleventh hour, though hardly waivers in brandishing the empty blowgun, trying so hard to not tak her eyes from Cybele for even a second.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-08-19 at 09:03 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160

SamuraiGuy

Houshi shakes his had, "Don't even say that to me!" He stops and exhales, releasing now is not the time for anger, "Look, I know she's your teammate but she wouldn't want you to run off to die. Are you even a tracker? Can you find several high class missing nin that don't want to be found? She wants you to live and stay together. Otherwise, what's the point of surviving?"

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Houshi

The sand ninja scoffs at Houshi's question. "Of course I'm a tracker. I learned it in case exactly this happens to Sojuro. And I'm a damn good one too. Those two were running too fast to cover their tracks, and I need to find them."

Cybele

The now teenage jounin seems confused for a moment, then looks down at herself. She sighs, then shakes her head and just waves the entire issue away. She further ignores Amon's threat, because both ninja know the genin could only hit Cybele if she wanted to be hit.

"If I were your enemy, I would have killed you without you ever knowing I was there. And I won't tell you where they are, but I'll explain why and who when I return."

Cybele hands Amon a small scroll. The thin tube bears the intricate web of seals from some kind of sealing technique, and the kanji for "Snake God" on the top of it. "I tracked them somewhere nearby. I'm going to go kill them. Stay here, and don't get involved. Wait for one hour, then head back to Soragakure if I don't return. Give this to Sune."

Cybele impresses the seriousness of the situation on Amon again. "One hour. No more. Bring the sand ninja if need be, but save yourselves first and foremost. Am I understood?"

12. - Top - End - #162

SamuraiGuy

Houshi sighs, sagging his shoulders, "Alright, fine. What happens when you find them then? You can't be them. None of us could." He lowers his head replaying the events that transpired moments ago. Mainly him losing his sword and Yukiko's sacrifice.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

"Who is Sune?" Amon finally releases her blowgun, letting it swing to and fro as it dangles as she hesitantly takes the scroll from Cybele. "Very well.... but do try and make it back, okay? I don't think I need to tell you to not get in over your head. While we're exchanging packages, here." She fiddles with the brooch binding her poncho, throwing down the fabric to reveal her well-stocked bandolier of poisons hanging over her dungarees. Her upper body is pretty lithe, one may now see - that same flatness one generally sees on ballet dancers, quite possibly related to Amon's dexterity. She indicates to some of the nastier poisons. "I stole these from the hospital yesterday - they were in stock to be synthesised into antidotes. They're pretty deadly. Take your pick and show them what for."

If Cybele doesn't have an interest in any particular equipment offered, Amon produces two droughts of Hachidoku, shoving them into the now teen-Jounin's chest to force her to accept them. It ISN'T just a visual illusion... they're gone - no, focus, Amon, you're trying to seem reverent here. "Come on. If I can't be there to help you out then at least let me help you now. Try and come back alive. If you do have any information, you're worth a lot more to us alive than dead. Come to think of it, so are they, right? An organisation of powerful missing-nin with Yusa in its leadership - kind of too big a deal for us to just kill those two and call it a day, right? I'm not oblivious...Cybele-sensei." She pauses,thinking. "You got hurt back there. Are you sure you don't need me to heal you first?" She holds up the scroll she was given, securing it in her toolbelt. "Can I read this by the way? I'm curious. And if you dont' want anyone else getting involved you may want to get going before anyone else here grows a pair of eyes - a criticism I should never have to levy against anyone else." She nods once more. "I was going to head back to the village shortly enough anyway. Yoru plan sounds good enough. Do you really think it would take you a full hour to find your chance to swoop in and head back here?"

--
    If Cybele makes to leave without healing or further conversation
    ---

Amon gives a deep breath, trying to form something sentimental; it flows quite naturally from her mouth as she starts to say it, really although it is hardly comforting: "...I trust you sensei. Even though part of me tells me I shouldn't. Please prove that part wrong."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Cybele

The sky jounin shakes her head when offered poisons. Not that she didn't need them, but they'd take too long to apply and she couldn't do it on the run. Cybele doesn't make any effort to stop Amon from touching her, but she still refuses to take the poisons.

"You can try to read it, but it's coded. Only Sune would know the cipher." She ignores the questions about her health, and her plan. Whether intentionally or not is up in the air. "One hour. I can't stress that enough. If they win, then they might come here to finish the job. Don't be here if they do."

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon needs a Will Save.

Houshi

The sand ninja grumbles at Houshi. "Y-You're right. I can't fight them. But damnit, I need to do something. I need to set up some way to get revenge. I... I can't let it go otherwise!"
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-19 at 01:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Inwardly he scoffed at Amon's forgiveness. At least she had done some good by healing the allies and alerting him to the presence of the missing nin. She had done all that she could, more than he could say for himself. However, he decided to humor her for now, "...I will keep that in mind...thank you."

Finally released by Amon, Yousuke glances at Sojuro, curious of the boy's connection to the unconscious girl. Were they siblings of a sort? Or perhaps they were in a relationship together? Either way, the genin was probably feeling even worse than he did, given that he was unable to protect his own teammate. Feeling somewhat charitable, Yousuke spoke to him in an attempt to alleviate the boy's guilt.

"If there anybody here to blame it is me; I should have been strong enough for both teams but instead I was found to be lacking."

It hurt to admit but it was sadly true. He could not hope to defeat his mother with his current level of skill. She was a trueborn Konpaku who had been training years to learn and master the family style. And he was her son, and despite his better efforts he was still leagues away from bridging their gap. With his admission said and done Yousuke returned to guarding Yukiko.

---

Shocked as he was by Cybele's sudden appearance, he found that his surprise was somewhat muted at this point. Weird happenstance seemed to be par for the course where their sensei was involved. "Give me the scroll sensei. I will transfer it to the possession of your sister without fail."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

16. - Top - End - #166

SamuraiGuy

Houshi nods, "Yes, you do. We all do. We need to be stronger then we were yesterday, then today. Even right now. So, when something like this happens again, we'll be ready." He holds out his fist, "Right?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Houshi

The sand genin looks at Houshi's fist for awhile. Then he sighs, and a heavy weight drops off his shoulders. He raises his hand and fist-bumps the giant sky genin. "Alright. I'll wait for now."

Cybele

The sky-jounin had already given Amon the scroll, but addresses Yousuke anyway. "If Amon feels it necessary, then she can hand it over. So long as all of you promise not to get involved then I don't care who delivers it."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon becomes oddly intoxicated with her sensei's chakra during that one moment of contact. Even as she pockets her poisons, she hesitates to take her hand away. A dangeous aura is in her, a sense of a ledge... yet Amon is nothing if not a thrillseeker in her heart of hearts.

It's as Amon takes her hands away from her less than casual contact with her sensei's chest that she becomes aware of the feel Cybele' outer being, piercing the thin illusion with her medical knowledge as her eyes widen. A Genjutsu used in such a way, why? "Sensei... I know you're hurt. Are you really going to try and kill anyone? I'm not stupid enough to not know when you're dodging a question. You're in no state to fight, you're resigned to not coming back, and you didn't even think of a good enough lie as to why we should get going. if they were going to come kill us after they're done with you, it would be immediate - and if you plan on arriving there at the pace you say, that you wouldn't even have a quiet moment your stealth should grant you to apply my poisons, I imagine they would be back here in less than ten minutes after you left."

An hour. What happens in an hour? All manner of unflattering accusations about Cybele's allegiance some rushing back to Amon as she wishes she was a better judge of character, but she quells such thoughts for a moment. "Hold still, sensei, at least for a moment. If you even think about leaving in this state, I'll follow you, I swear it. We have a tracker ready to follow those two - i hear him over there. How good would you say my odds of surviving are if I have to follow you by the medium of those psychopaths? And further how good the odds of this scroll being delivered if it comes to that? Ill do it anyway though, because there's only two conclusions I can draw about you in this state; that you're going to get yourself killed, or that you're.... that you're not going to fight them at all."

She gives a nod. Grabbing the hemp of Cybele's clothing all of a sudden, she pulls aside her top garments, positioning her body slightly to obscure Cybele's figure from the boys as her professionalism takes over. She is a doctor, after all, a human body is nothing one can afford to be bashful about. Certainly not while on duty. "Dispel your stupid genjutsu and hold still while I evaluate you, Cybele." With a flash of chakra, she presses against her teacher's chest again to use her evaluation technique.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon uses 1 chakra to use Iryou Ninjutsu: Iji - Shinryou Jutsu. The Diagnosis technique. Look it up for details, but with one full round action, I should be able to detrmine all her ongoing conditions including approximate health.

"As a doctor, I must ask," Amon asks, her eyes glazed over in concentration. "Do you have any existing effects I should be aware of? Diseases, medication... bloodlines?"
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-08-19 at 03:06 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Cybele

Cybele doesn't resist since Amon threatened to follow her. She didn't know how good the tracker Amon claimed to have was, but she did know the trail was easy to follow. The jounin's clothing proves more resilient than Amon first thinks, and under it lies a chain mesh that obscures her young form. Yousuke notes that the body Cybele currently wears is almost exactly like that of Sune, and the two of them would be twins were it not for the fact that Cybele's clothing is much more conservative. Cybele doesn't dispel her genjutsu, but makes no attempt to resist until Amon attempts to perform her medical technique.

"No, wait!" But it's too late. Cybele's chakra connects with Amon's own, and the medical ninja can't force it back. An invisible poison floats on the connection between jounin and genin, and it fills Amon as if she were a cup held beneath a waterfall. Ice cold runs through Amon's veins as the jounin's poisonous chakra flows through her genin's form. It solidifies chakra pathways, damages veins, and causes Amon's entire body to unnaturally and painfully tense. Luckily the pain causes Amon to reflexively sever the connection between them, and she's saved from death.

Cybele sighs. "Don't act on your own like that. The only person that can heal me is Sune." The jounin pointedly ignores the question about diseases, medications, or bloodlines.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Leaping to his feet, Yosuke planted himself between Cybele and Amon, cleanly separating the two before the situation worsened. Why was nothing ever easy when it came to Cybele? Even helping the woman resulted in some sort of pain. "That's enough of that sensei," he says roughly.

Grabbing Cybele by her shoulders, he continues, "You are a part of Team 4 now sensei. Whether you like it or not, you cannot just leave us when the team when we need you most. When I need you most."

"If you are as injured as Amon says you are then you are also in no shape to be fighting." Now realizing that his sensei was without her shirt, Yousuke sharply turns away and crosses his arms, "And for decency's sake put some clothes on..."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-19 at 03:54 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon collapses, gagging from the pain and surprise as she falls on her back. She lies quite motionless for a time, struggling to try and speak before giving into silence. She struggles to breathe or even draw on her medical knowledge. What the hell was that? C-calm down, breathe, breathe.... eventually she forces her respiration into a rhythm, stabilising herself, but feeling utterly defeated. There's no joy left in her to wisecrack. She stares into the night sky, her eyes drifting lazily as she hyperventilates. She convuleses violently as she suddenly coughs up far too much blood, doing her best to just take it in her stride. She knew she was at least through the worst of it.

Her gaze finds its way to her sensei and her expression freezes as her prone form meekly seems to slink away, quite freaked out by the events and on an instinctual level terrified of Cybele. She looks at her sensei with fear in her eyes she had before only allowed Meiling to see, her mouth flapping in useless apology. She reaches up, covering her eyes in shame, not wanting to be seen, clearly groveling as if about to crying; possibly the truth of the matter underneath that hand of hers. "I.... I... J-just go. Don't look..." She rolls over in time for another dose of coughing up blood, twitching due to her shot nerves as she holds back tears she doesn't fully understand. Why am I so afraid of her? She didn't do anything... I... i still need to heal her. She fumbles around for her bag and its contents digging out a first aid kit. I can do this at least... "S-sensei... you still need..." she sobs. "You still need to be healed."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-08-19 at 04:03 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

SamuraiGuy

Houshi thumbs over his shoulder, "Good, now let's head back and check on the others."

With that, Houshi arrives in time to see a whimpering Amon on the ground, "Uh oh, what did I do now?" He looks at the new girl, then at Yousuke, then back to her, "Wait a minute... Sensei? When did you get back? Way back at that and..." He does exactly what Yousuke did, "Why are you topless?"
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-08-19 at 04:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Cybele

The jounin shrinks a little, and Yousuke can see just how much smaller she is now than he. She was a full 9 centimeters shorter than her genin now, and her thin frame and small body exacerbates that difference. She just watches Amon's pain with a despondent look on her face almost as if she'd seen that exact same thing happen before. She drifts away and becomes detached almost as if she'd done this many times before. The somber look in the sky-jounin's eyes says she expects Amon to die. She simply waits through Yousuke's outburst, and watches the boy with the same detached eyes that watched Amon cough up her own blood.

"I'm not part of your team." She finally speaks when Yousuke finishes his statement. She takes a step back at the same time to put real distance between herself and her genin. "Because I'm just a danger to you. I'm a danger to anyone who looks into these eyes." Cybele just gives Yousuke a forlorn look. She reaches out to touch him, but stops part way and just lets her hand drop. She shakes her head at the persistent medical ninja, and shrugs off Amon's attempt to heal her.

She backs away again and makes no attempt to adjust her uniform. Her shoulders slump, and she speaks quietly. "Don't follow me. I'll just put you in danger. I'm better off alone." With that, she vanishes again. No smoke, no flashes of light, and no fanfare. Cybele is simply gone.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-19 at 04:29 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

SamuraiGuy

Wide eyed, scratching the back of his head and confused as ever, Houshi ask, "The hell did I just miss? I go off to convince a fellow ninja to not go off and get himself killed. Now I have the feeling sensei decided to anyway."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

The swordsman watches Cybele disappear and seethed with anger before forcing himself to a calm, and impassively stares at the assembled genin. "It seems that I have forgotten my station." Cybele was gone and Yousuke doubted his nonexistent tracking abilities would be good enough to follow her trail. Instead, he turned toward Amon with an open handed gesture. "Give me the scroll. As you say, I am likely the fastest of the genin. I will return to Soragakure and retrieve Sune-san." He knew he had promised to protect Yukiko but that promise would have to take a backseat to the issues at hand. Cybele was certainly a skilled kunoichi but a fight against both Hinami and the mysterious 'Meiling' would be sure to result in trouble.

"I will take a head start. When Yukiko awakens or when the hour is up, whichever comes first, escort their team to Soragakure. Fill in Houshi while I am away."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-19 at 04:38 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon heaves as she regains her composure, sitting up just in time to see Cybele... well, to not see her anymore. "NO, SENSEI! Don't, you can't! You can't blame yourself for my foolishness, I-" Amon coughs and splutters as she struggles to get her message to her before Cybele is out of earshot. "I-I'm sorry, I overreacted, I'm not that bad, see?"

She struggles to her feet, trying not to provoke her all encompassing wounds. "I just got surprised, okay? It was an accident. Please, please don't get yourself killed! Be careful! I don't...! I don't want the death of two teachers on my soul. I don't want to be that weak anymore..." She sniffs, wiping her tears as she prepares to bellow one last heartfelt plea. "You're more than a killer, you're our sensei and there's nothing more I want in the world than for you to return here alive! Senseeeei - glach!"

Once again, Amon collapses, exhausted and still quite disoriented from whatever Cybele's chakra did to her. As she lies in the grass and Yousuke asks for the scroll, her eyes seem to lose focus. She digs around her tool bag, retrieving the scroll and handing it to him, reaching out her other hand in the hopes that someone helps her to her feet. "She's right, we'd just get in her way..." she mutters. "Okay, get going if you're going," she instructs Yousuke simply, planting a delirious kiss on his cheek if he lifted her up.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Once on her feet, Amon staggers, her body rocking to and fro as she seeks her centre of balance; her body was used to getting a bit beaten up, but not like this. "Okay, here's what we do... if we're taking off in an hour then Yukiko will need a head start." Approaching Sojuro, she passes him a small bag of money and tries to seem authoitive even when spluttering uselessly. "Get the fastest cart you can rent and leave for Sogakure immediately. If a storm is descending, Yukiko will be further endangered."

Sitting down astride the couple to conserve her strength, she beckons Houshi to lean in so as to not strain her voice. "Cybele is going to try and kill those two. She said if she's not back within the hour, we need to leave. She gave us a scroll to deliver, which Yousuke has. She's using an illusion to make herself seem healthier than she is - she's in a bad way, beaten up and exhausted. I don't think she intends to survive, but when I tried to heal her, her chakra..." She flinches a little, just remembering the feeling being traumatic. "It feels like there's a monster inside her... my concentration lapsed and I ended up getting... 'bitten' to put it in lamen terms. I don't think I've seen anything like it." She pulls herself from a coughing fit. "How's your own wounds, did i get all of them?" she asks, feebly trying to change the subject before Houshi decided to do something stupid.

28. - Top - End - #178

SamuraiGuy

Houshi sighs, rolls his eyes and shakes his head at Amon all at once, "Would please worry about yourself for once. I can see written all over your face. I'm not gonna do anything stupid. Not right now anyway. Heck, I stopped someone from doing something like that just a second ago." He picks her up carefully in his large, muscly arms, "Now, I'm gonna make sure you don't either. We're going home and we're gonna find a way to save our sensei if it's the last thing we do as ninja."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Before being scooped up, Amon gets halfway through giving one last instruction - "Hey, bald one, go with Yousuke, watch his back on this critical mission. That or..."

Amon kicks a little, but feels far to weak to break free of Houshi's grasp. "H-hey, wait. C-cybele said to wait an hour. I was going to find somewhere to hide and leave a note in case she came back. Y-yousuke can retrieve backup well enough, right? We shouldn't just leave her here when we could still - blach!" she coughs up a bit more blood, more surprised than anything that she hadn't let it all up yet. "S-sorry, I think I got some on you..."

"I don't like depending on other people... I don't like being a bother..." Despite her objections, Amon leans back in Houshi's arms, perhaps ready to pass out from all that bloodloss. "I-I'll live," she says, honestly. "Grab my poncho, i was a gift from my sister, okay...?" Looking a fair bit pale, she closes her eyes, looking fairly baby-like in Houshi's grasp. "I'm just... I'm just going to rest my eyes for a bit. Rouse me if you need anything..." God, I wish i hadn't taken that soldier pill. I can't even get bed rest like this. Despite the medicine, you swear you hear her snore lightly.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-08-19 at 05:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

SamuraiGuy

Houshi yells, "Yousuke, hold on! I don't think an hour is going to help in the long run. Also, no telling if anybody else may show up. If we send the only two that in any shape to fight off, we might as well be making our death beds."