New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

DM

The guards shrug. "In camp with Satele-dono. I guess you were late, but they came in to talk about taking back the town."

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Alright," Houshi heads for the camp.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

So much for that plan, Amon thinks to herself as she ducks behind the scenery, making sure to scoop up her scroll before it is seen. Well, at least they don't seem too dange- GOD DAMMIT HOUSHI, GET DOWN. She cradles her face in her palm out of sheer embarrassment for the boy as he is instantly spotted., but is thankful to listen into their conversation. She focuses to sense the chakra of the group, and while doing so senses Yousuke's transformation but otherwise inactivity and guesses at his plan but decides to wait to confirm it. She had considered transforming into some innocuous item to hide on someone's person and slipping in while they allow themselves to be captured, but as the conversation progressed, she decided such a thing would be unnecessary.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon senses chakra of the group. i don't expect to sense much but ordinaries, but you never know and I felt the need to explain how she knew Yousuke had transformed if they weren't in each other's direct line of sight

30% chance just rose to 50... 70... CONFIRMED! Yes, of course, there'll be many ninja forces. She smiles smugly as it is explained Houshi isn't 'alone'. She considers stepping out herself, but thinks better of it. After all, if Houshi didn't do anything too stupid, she and Yousuke could easily follow behind and keep him under watch. But as he agrees to go, she remembers his mission scrolls are still on him - the mission scrolls detailing our technical allegiance in this matter, the mission scrolls that might be checked once they realise no one recognises him and someone of his rank shouldn't be here alone!

Amon thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay... they don't seem very violent even though they're armed. And going by their intentions of taking back the town, these are definitely the villagers. I have no idea if they are behind the raids - no wait. Not personally, perhaps. But their hired help may have gone a bit overboard? Either way, it's the ninjas we have to worry about. I'd guess there's anywhere from 4 to 20 ninja in there, and if one of them can't see through my disguise, I'd be shocked - and if that happens it shall cast suspicion on us. Ergo, I shall take a less resistive route.

Amon looks over to Yousuke for support but sees the note he scrawled on the ground. She herself nods, using a shuriken to scrawl on the ground 'Got it, I trust you.'

Amon nudges around in the bushes, trying to get a few twigs and general sign of chaos in her hair as she flips her poncho off and unbuttons the top of her boyish shirt. With a budge, she manages to disentangle her armour some, leaving her frilly bra slightly visible and undoing her dungaree straps, in short looking like she was halfway through dressing. Making sure her bandoleer and toolbox are tucked away in her bag, she arises a little dazed-looking from the bushes. With the suddenness of Houshi's agreeing to go with the guards, she stutters and blushes as she arises, her clothes loose as if some big meaty hands had been carelessly undoing them. Looking off to the side as if ashamed, she does up her shirt, her armour, refastens her dungarees as best she can and wipes the bush-parts from her hair. In short, she creates the illusion of just being caught getting frisky in the bushes. "Geez, Taro," she addresses Houshi, putting emphasis on the fake name and speaking on a genuine-sounding demure and embarrassed voice. "You couldn't wait 10 minutes, you'll be lucky if the others didn't leave yet..." She keeps her bandanna off, in her pocket for easy access as she carries most of her things in her bag, hidden under her poncho as she carries it less the poisons poking out of the top be seen.

Trying her best to pass herself off as Houshi's lover as an explanation for why she was 'hiding' in the bushes and both of them away from the camp, she meekly requests "L-let's just go fulfil our mission, okay? L-lead the way, countryfolk." The last word is voiced with a bit of a stab, as if trying to hide her own insecurity, when in actuality she's trying to probe them for a correction - i.e. information. She goes with Houshi, blushing all the way and holding his hand whenever she 'thinks' others aren't looking, getting herself looking as she usually does sans worn poncho by the time they arrive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon makes sure to leave her mission scrolls in the bushes.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-06 at 05:15 AM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The guards just shrug when Amon shows up on the scene, but one of the guys point toward the girl's empty forehead. "Where's your headband? The boss ordered all the ninja to wear theirs in the open, so you might wanna put yours on again before he spots ya." If Amon complies, then the three guards lead both genin down into the valley.

Amon and Houshi

The guards lead the pair of sky-nin into the camp without comment or complaint. The quintet of individuals are met with the same indifference a commoner would show an everyday sight. The camp is clearly used to ninja, and do not react oddly at all. The guards lead their charges to a squat tent surrounded by a mixed group of armed and unarmed people all gathered around a single map. Six civilians, five armed and armored individuals, and a ninja dressed in the Soragakure uniform with sky-nin headbands are gathered together. The kunoichi bears a massive scroll across her back. Her skin is as pale as the moon, and it matches her silvery-white shoulder-length hair. Her unnatural golden eyes glare at the map in front of her, and her tight thin lips are turned down into a deep frown. If not for her wide and broad nose she'd be rather pretty. Neither Amon nor Houshi recognize any of the civilians there, nor do they immediately recognize the sky-nin. She looks up as the group approaches, raises an eyebrow at Houshi, then looks toward the civilians. All the civilians present turn to look after their ninja companion, and the guards throw a hasty and sloppy salute.

"We were poking around the north edge, and found these two." The guard jabs a thumb toward both sky-nin, and moves to say something else but the kunoichi present interrupts him.

"They're my students." She looks toward the giant genin, her eyes soften, and she sighs. "Houshi, didn't I tell you to stay out of this? This is my battlefield, and I don't want you killing everybody again." She points toward Amon, then continues on. "Were you taking advantage of her again Houshi? I let you have these pets because they're useful, but I won't let your fun interfere with a mission."

The guards look confused. "But... She said his name was Taro." The kunoichi waves it off. "She's kind of stupid, so she does things like that. She's called him 'master' so long she's probably forgotten his actual name. Don't worry about it. She may not look like it, but she's useful." The unknown kunoichi glares once more at the two genin, almost as if to dare them to deviate from her story.

Know(Tactics) DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    The map seems to detail an attack being launched against the town, but shows two groups outside the village rather than just one. One group is green and has a massive number of soldiers, while the other group is red and has a much smaller number of soldiers. The red group seems to correspond with the camp you're currently standing in.

Spot DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's throwing you a secret "be quiet" handsign.

Know(Ninja Lore) DC 28 [+4 Rep Bonus]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recognize the ninja as the Sky Jounin as Princess Suneko of the Oni. She's a mercenary like Sonia who joined Soragakure out of a need for money. She's individually weak, but is a genius user of the Summoning Technique. She's sold her soul to the oni, and is able to call upon their monstrous kind for support.

Yousuke

The guards leave quickly after Amon reveals herself, and Yousuke is free to scout the area. The sound of bells follows the genin wherever he goes, but they seem to quiet down when others are nearby. The early warning gives the genin plenty of time to hide himself in the event of patrols. If he heads toward where the armed and armored guards have been going, then he finds a small poorly constructed watchtower with four guards posted at the entrance. Several groups of people, all of them armed and armored, seem to be drilling in the use of the spear. Their drill instructor seems to be a fiery-haired buxom woman. She's wearing a tight bodice-like black-and-silvery-white breastplate, black-and-red bracers, and a bright red mini-skirt with black knee-length socks. Her unnatural red eyes and the lack of a headband warn the genin that she's not normal. She bears a long spear with a wide and flat head on it. It doesn't seem to be designed for piercing, and looks more like it's intended to be swung. Even so, the spear looks like it's built for someone like Houshi, but she carries and swings it with the practiced ease of a spear master.

Spot DC 25
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can spot a pair of bone-white protrusions jutting out from her long hair. They seem to be ram's horns, but they look filed down.

Listen DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Alright you lazy mortals, listen up! Spear forward, raise up, thrust! Put your backs into it you filthy mongrels!"

Taijutsu DC 14
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's trying to teach them the Spear Art: Heavy Strike technique.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-09-06 at 10:03 AM.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

As the guards point to her lack of a headband, Amon feels at her bare head as if confused, darts her eyes around embarrassed and feels out for her headband, yanking it on in her regular style. Her acting is a little unprofessional but generally holds up as she feigned it was just the frill of the moment that made her forget her uniform. Very good, test complete. She could almost hear Other Sensei's advice in her ears, 'always keep them guessing, a puppeteer who is seen is not a puppeteer'. I think Sensei's paranoia is starting to seep into me and cloud my judgement, but it seems at least generally useful. Beyond that, she follows them without incident, trusting Yousuke to his own initiative.

---

Arriving at the tent, Amon waivers in her act for just a second as the woman opposite them crafts the next layer of their lies. As she is pointed to, however, she remembers her cue, looking off to the side away from Houshi, doing her best to look generally publicly humiliated. "S-sensei, stop, it's not like that..." she says meekly. She only addressed Houshi by his name. Wonder if she knows me? Houshi did just graduate, after all, it's probably the higher-ups responsibility to keep track of the green horns running around town, not so much those that fade into greater obscurity. I suppose it doesn't matter - if his were some sort of trick I don't know why she would bother sticking her neck out by lying for us.

Amon resists rising to the challenge of being called stupid - a powerful call to action even when trying to stay 'in-character'. Coughing nervously, she says "Myself and master - uh, I mean Houshi... we were assigned a separate contract that happens to coincide with yours, as it happens," she says, twiddling her fingers in feigned reservation. "S-so it's not like Houshi or myself is intruding. Not on purpose anyway." She gives a courtly bow and mumbles her own given name. "Amon... U-use me as you wish tough, sensei. Our contract seems trifling now that you're here."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intended meaning: we were not informed of your presence and the situation has changed from our orders.

"Quite the army that's been whipped up here. The farmland dispute, I take it?" she asks as if making small talk. "Must be expensive... Sensei, we do have some information, it may be important to discuss, we just got sidetracked doing...this."

Spoiler
    Show
    Translation: could we speak in private at some point so I can break character? Also some stuff you should know is in store, duh
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-06 at 01:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke mentally catalogs the image of the red haired woman as he cautiously creeps forward to listen to her training. "Mortals? Was she some kind of demon then?" A cursory examination of the woman proves to be futile, as he identifies nothing out of the ordinary about her, save the enormous spear she seems to be capable of swinging. She was obviously training the villagers, or were they bandits? He honestly did not know anymore.

They were preparing for something, as evidenced by their spear training, but for what exactly? What was a woman, demon or otherwise, doing here? Training the bandits no less. This bore further investigation, but for now he would watch.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-09-06 at 01:35 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Amon and Houshi

The white-haired woman frowns. "Houshi! Did you tell your pet it could talk to me? Ugh. Now I absolutely have to re-train it." She turns to the civilians, who are rather surprised and more than a little grossed out by the entire situation. This seems to be exactly what the woman was going for, as she bows a little and continues speaking. "I'm terribly sorry, but I must be excused in order to discipline this errant dog." The hastily made council just nod, and dismiss the ninja. The woman's pale hand shoots out and grabs Amon by her collar, and starts dragging the girl out of the camp. She doesn't go too fast, and takes care not to rip Amon's clothing. Once the three sky-nin are safely out of ear shot of anyone in the camp, the white-haired woman lets Amon go and crosses her arms over her chest.

She levels an accusatory look at Amon, then starts speaking. "Report. Who are you, and what're you doing here?"

Yousuke

The woman's efforts to train them goes about as poorly as Yousuke could expect. Whoever--or whatever--she was she clearly didn't understand that normal people were simply incapable of performing techniques. They either lacked the chakra, the training, or the knowledge of how to mix the two together and it showed. Her civilian "army" doesn't seem to be picking up any of the skills she's attempting to impart, and the training goes on for awhile. A familiar and sultry voice whispers into the young man's ear.

"Amon and Houshi got caught."

If Yousuke turns around then he's treated to the sight of a woman wearing a giant scroll dragging Amon about by her collar.

Ninja Lore DC 28 [+4 Rep Bonus]
    Spoiler
    Show
    See above spoiler about this.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-09-06 at 01:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke's palm meets his face as he shakes his head disappointingly. Amon was supposed to keep to Houshi out of trouble, not the other way around. They had been separated for all of 5 minutes and somehow they had gotten into trouble without him. Perhaps he should not have suggested they split up after all. At least they had been caught by a fellow sky-nin, and not a foreign ninja. If anything it would be marginally easier to get them out unscathed. Marginally. The shortage of 'true bred' sky-nin meant a reliance on the sometimes ill-mannered mercenaries. He was not yet sure of the woman's identity but regardless, he would have to be on his toes around her. At least until he was sure they could trust her.

Creeping along silently, Yousuke follows them from behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently - (1d20+16)[19]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

"I-I'm sorry, Pet will be good," Amon says fearfully as she's grabbed, walking along gently enough when the rest weren't watching.

Amon gives a salute, proudly jingling her headband. "Amon Yamana, genin of Soragakure. voluntarily discharge due to battle fatigue and permanent injury over a year ago, and re-enrolled into the Team program to join Team 5 not 72 hours ago, ma'am! One of the graduating class had their members shift teams, so I was brought in to replace him."

Amon gives Houshi a nudge, immediately growing impatient as she rifles through his bag for a copy of the mission scroll, yanking it out before he gets her intention. "We were hired to 'clear out' some reported gangsters. Of course, it's quite clear these are not gangsters, their numbers more than double what was reported by my count, and between such bad information being a symbol of poor faith, it also means I'd say it is above our paygrades; not least with a friendly ninja presence in what is clearly some sort of rebellion militia. I hardly expect us to 'clear them off' any time soon, if these are truly our marks."

She holds up her (Houshi's) mission scroll victoriously. "Show me yours and I'll show you mine. Thanks for the save back there by the way, miss...?"

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The woman waits for Amon to finish. She keeps one hand on her chin in thoughtful repose as she considers the implications of what she's being told. "No need. I guess Mitsuyo hired you to take care of the bandits, but didn't think that the rebels were a threat. Or hired you to take care of the bandits, and intended to use you on the rebels as well." She looks up and extends a hand to introduce herself, but suddenly jerks around to look behind her. "Two more? Were we followed?" She relaxes when she spots Yousuke and Cybele.

"Oh, it's just the other genin and their jounin." She motions for the two ninja to join their small three-person group. "Come over here You-chan, Cy-chan." Cybele steps into the open, slithering out of Yousuke's shadow like a snake, and the woman introduces herself whether Yousuke reveals himself or not.

"I am Suneko. I don't have a last name anymore, so Suneko will do fine. I'm here on a covert op from Central. I am to support this rebellion, remove Mitsuyo's family from power, and install a pro-Soragakure leader. It seems, for now, that our goals don't intersect. So you may as well finish your job and get what money you can out of that pig."

Suneko hands over a tightly rolled map of the area. "There's a bandit camp about two klicks east. We tried to recruit them, but they've refused. If you wipe these guys out, then you'll be helping us both."

11. - Top - End - #491

SamuraiGuy

At first he was taken back by the ninja knowing his name but seeing her outfit and headband, he figured that he must be one of the easiest genin to remember, "Sorry but my blade demands its share." He holds his thumb and pointer slightly apart from each other after the next question.

---

As Amon is dragged away, Houshi follows. When their finally alone, Houshi motions to Amon as the jounin already knew his name. Then Yousuke and Cybele join, "Today is good day. This going so much better then out last mission. We get to help Sora on two fronts and take the tub of lard's money. Lovin' it."
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-09-06 at 03:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon chuckles loudly as she's given the information. "Ah good. I'm quite glad really - Mitsuyo accused the villagers of being the ones that were raiding his warehouses and ordered us to 'bring them all here so I can kill them myself, GIVE ME MORE PIE'. However, villagers were not on our contract, gangsters were, right, Cybele? You guys need any help, like an insider to poison Mitsuyo's next 30 pies? This is clearly a politically significant mission, so I might earn my stripes if I make myself useful. Plus, having been made to bow and act respectful to him as he talked of cutting these people up, I feel like redeeming myself with a punch to his blubbery skull."

Amon takes note of the directions and gives an amused nod at Houshi's comment. She stops though, unfurling the scroll to show the portraits of the two supposed leaders. "Are these the bandit leaders?" she asks to confirm.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-06 at 02:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The woman shakes her head. "No, we don't kill clients. Just follow your orders, and I'll take care of things on my end."

When Amon asks her question the woman looks closely at the pictures. "That one", she points toward the picture of the female, "spoke to me last time I went down there. But I've never seen that man before. Sorry."

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hey, I was going to wait until after he's no longer a client. Like we'd take down the bandits, collect our pay, I case the joint for useful info or something, head on back here and help out before I head back to the village. I'm not gonna forego the mission and kill him before it's over." Amon shrugs. "But maybe you're right. Well, tell me how it goes at least. I usually don't like killing people to be honest, but just look at that man - oppressing the poor and eating like an army seem all he's trained or built for, what the **** else could he do with his life?"

Amon grabs her things, donning her poncho as she nods to each of her teammates in turn. "I guess we'll head over there post-haste then. Anything we should know about them?"

Amon smiles. "Ah, this camp was fun, we should do this again sometime. Although, Suneko, of all the things you could have given me as a cover - Houshi's pet? Really? Do I come across that way?" That evil glint she sometimes gives Cybele returns to her eyes for a moment, a sentiment of 'I'll get you back for that'. "Did you just enjoy dragging me around like some slave, perhaps? Also, just look at Houshi here he's what, 12?"

Cackling in her old, hysterical way, she turns to leave, going straight for the bandit camp if her team follows with. "Anyway, thank you for your cooperation, Suneko." She leans in to whisper to Yousuke "Did you grab those scrolls I dropped, by any chance? I remember where I dropped them, in case we need to retrieve them." If needed, she takes a quick detour to retrieve her mission scrolls in case they decide to dock her pay as punishment for losing them

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Suneko shrugs. "You played your part a little too well, so you might wanna think on that a bit. That said though, I needed something too disturbing to ask about, and yet urgent enough that I could be excused. It was the first thing to come to mind."

She has no comment about Mitsuyo or his lifestyle. The entire mission was just a job, and Mitsuyo just another enemy to be destroyed and forgotten. Cybele remains quiet throughout the entire exchange, and makes no overtures toward the jounin or the genin present.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke nods in understanding and points in the direction of the training rebels, "If you are indeed raising a rebellion, then I would suppose that the red-headed immortal woman is your ally. She appears to be teaching the civilians chakra techniques, despite their inability. Not that I would begrudge her for trying, but it seems a wasted effort on them." Inwardly, he was relieved. The jounin seemed to harbor no ill intent toward their team or their wayward sensei. After the chilly reception courtesy of Sonia, he was beginning to believe that Cybele had made herself into the enemy of half of the Elemental Countries. Though, on the other hand, his theory had not been proven false just yet...

Still, she was being helpful at least which was more than he could say about every other jounin they had met thus far. Her ignorance of the second face was worrisome, but completely understandable given her brief experience with the bandits.

"Do you know anything about the bandits that would be helpful in their extermination? Something that we should expect in case of trouble?"

Regardless of her answer, Yousuke bows and dispels his Henge, "We thank you for your help Suneko-san."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Too well? True to the given advice, Amon does think on it, reflecting on generally how quickly she can take to such roles. She shrugs before she carries that train of thought too far. "Maybe I'm just a good actor, you ever thought of that?" she responds. I do take rather well to that sort of submissive role for some reason - not sexual-stuff, just general submission and quite. Maybe it's like the inverse of method acting?

18. - Top - End - #498

SamuraiGuy

Houshi just shakes his head and rolls his eyes at Amon's defensive nature, "That was a really good cover actually. I know I wouldn't have said or asked anything about it. That being said, it's strange that you don't know the other. By their names, they have to be related. Likely, brother and sister at that. Hmm... or maybe I'm just thinking too much. Either way, they will be taken care of."

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't know if I've ever heard of thinking too much, Houshi," Amon comments as she trots along. "Come then, let us 'take care' of them, eh?" She wonders if Houshi got ANY of what her ruse meant. Such innocence to not grasp any of that.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Yousuke's words get a surprised look from Suneko. "Oh? The Red Princess is actually doing what I asked? I'm surprised. That's good, but surprising."

Suneko shrugs at Amon's words. "Maybe." Suneko doesn't give any further help on the bandit front, as she doesn't know anything else.

---

The trio of genin and their jounin teacher head over to the next camp. Cybele disappears into the shadow of one of the genin's. After several minutes the group arrives outside a small two-story rundown fort. The fort seems to resemble a very old Fire Country style fortress, and seems to lack walls. Piss-poor repairs have been made in order to make the fort a slightly more defensible position. Two bandits, armed and much better armored than the civilian rebels from before, stand guard at the small fort's gate. There don't seem to be any patrols or sentries on the roof. In fact, the entire fort seems to be pretty inactive.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon notes Cybele's apparent reliance on people's shadows to hide as they make their way to the bandit hangout. "Cybele-sensei, you MUST teach me how to do that at some point. I'll train as long as you need me to, it's a really cool trick. Although I wish you'd tell us in advance whose shadow you're hiding in, you're kind of creeping me out (and perturbing my thoughts)."

Drawing up to the fortress, she looks the thing over as she turns to her team mates. "Well, this seems easy enough. Not much resistance on the outside. Houshi, why don't you stay here (with Cybele if she would be so kind) while me and Yousuke attempt some stealth to try and search the joint? Any tactical analyses to render before that?"

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon does a quick huddle with the gang, giving a series of pointers and ideas on how to break in and deal with them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Plan check (1d20+8)[13]

"Okay, Yousuke, I have an idea for getting us right to the boss - from there the rest of it is easy. We've learned today they are on neutral to bad terms with the ninja, but with them being this close, only a few minutes walk from the camp, they must at least not be openly hostile. We'll work that angle. Suneko said she met the female leader. So what we need to do is obvious. It's times like this I really wish you could do ninjutsu, Houshi, but we'll work around that. One of us will henge into Suneko, the other her scroll, and we'll take Houshi as our bodyguard and request to meet the leader again. It should at least get us in front of the gate without incident."

Amon turns her back, squatting as she sets her arms backwards towards Yousuke. "Come on, Yousuke, let's do this. There's two roles here - Suneko or her scroll. Take your pick."

---

Spoiler
    Show
    Disguise check (1d20+6)[24] - Plan bonus should apply, but obviously isn't factored in

If the group agrees to her plan, she transforms into Suneko, taking Yousuke as a scroll and Houshi as her second and goes up to the entrance; she stealths her way up there until right in front of the guard's faces for effect, to make her master ninja status in character more believable. Emerging from the cover, she whistles for Houshi's lumbering self to follow and turns to the guardsmen, putting on her best impression of Suneko as she requests to see Mara again on urgent business
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check to get past the door and led to the leader (1d20+5)[14] - again i refer you to plan bonus.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-06 at 08:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke nods, generally aware of Amon's plan to sneak into the bandit camp. "I'll Henge facing outward as the scroll so that I can literally cover your blindspot. Tap on the scroll twice on the side if you need me to break the Henge."

It was as good a plan as any and knowing his teammate, Amon likely had practice putting on different faces. Better her than him he supposed.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Amon and Yousuke

The guards ready their weapons as soon as the two genin get within a hundred feet. They only see it as a woman and her scroll, but they're clearly not friendly toward Amon's disguise. If she tries to take another step forward, then an arrow shoots down from a second story window. The warning shot embeds itself in the ground at her feet, and someone steps out onto the windowsill to make himself known.

The bandit wears a ratty and loose-fitting brown jacket with a gray undershirt. His gray slacks are stained with dark red splotches up and down the legs. He's wearing stubble from several days of not shaving, and bears short cropped brown hair. You can't see his eyes clearly from your position, but you can tell he's dangerous based on the huge longbow he's wielding. He takes aim for another arrow, and points it straight at Amon. Both genin recognize him as the "bandit" from the scroll, but he doesn't have any of the scars or tattoos that his mugshot had. The guards shout from their position at the door.

"Leave! This fortress is under the protection of Lord Mara Soushio. Leave now, for Mara-dono will not be firing another warning shot!"

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon silently curses Suneko, as if it were somehow her fault this disguise didn't allow them in on friendly circumstances. She recovers quickly enough as she faces Mara, ignoring the guards and the arrow. "Warning shot? If anything I accept that as a sign of peace. Against ninja, one can spend their entire life trying to catch one by surprise; if ever I were to be caught off guard, if ever I were to be touched by an ordinary's blade, if that was this day, you have squandered that opportunity. Thus, you either cannot hope to fight me or you consider yourself a ninja. I did not come looking for a lord. I would seek an audience, preferably with Mara Kei." Amon turns her back, as if about to leave, though still looking over her shoulder at the bowman. "I suppose it is not so urgent that I need to kill to gain such an audience, but know this; I intend to be in that fort within the hour. Whether you let me in and have me under your eye and on friendly terms, or I come back after my next errand and break in on my own terms is entirely up to you."

Amon takes a step away from the fort, hoping to trigger something as she keeps watching it out of the corner of her eye. If there is no indication she will be accepted within the walls, she keeps walking, eventually sneaking off once she finds some cover and slinking up to meet Houshi again. Assuming, they don't open the gate or call to her, of course.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check to be allowed in (1d20+5)[19]
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-07 at 01:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

Amon and Yousuke

The bowman makes no movement aside from drawing and notching another arrow. The guards make no movements either. Amon's allowed to withdraw freely.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon taps the Yousuke-scroll twice as she approaches Houshi - as in instructed to wake him up. "Well, that went a lot worse than I had hoped," she remarked, sounding tired, but not dismissing her technique, remaining as Suneko in case they try something again. She explains to them all she had seen, including the archer. "He looked like him, but without the scars or tattoos. I don't know of any way to remove scars or tattoos - to my knowledge no such treatment exists. So it wasn't him, I guess. Maybe a relative? But they said the name... Well, anyone else have any ideas? I'm spent, for now."

28. - Top - End - #508

SamuraiGuy

Houshi nods, "Yes, we go back there and take'em out. We didn't come here to play nice. We came here to take back their leader to sir giggles."

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

"Lead on then, Houshi. You know the most about tactics and seem the best at bopping people with metal, I'll let you decide how we go about attacking the fort." Amon is down for basically any plan.

30. - Top - End - #510

SamuraiGuy

Assuming they Houshi about the archer, "Alright, what's are your two's maximum ranges? While I can definitely close a hundred feet in little to no time, it be better to take him out. If not that, I'm pretty sure Yousuke can scale the wall in a hasty fashion."
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-09-07 at 04:48 PM.