New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

DM

The White Princess shrugs. "I don't question the Human Princess' orders. She said everyone, without qualifiers, and normally that would include you all. But I think it'd be funny to let you go after her. And you have no reason to trust me. That's what makes this fun." She smiles widely at the last word, and finally reaches out both her hands for the genin to grasp. "Take my hand, and close your eyes."

If the genin obey, then the instant they make contact with the woman their bodies are submerged in the utmost coldness. The air vanishes, and its sudden disappearance threatens to pull the breath from your lungs. Bone chilling cold rushes in to fill the void around each sky-nin, and your body becomes weightless. But then air rushes in around them, and the genin are able to breathe normally once more, standing on top of a rundown old building somewhere in a village. If they look around then they immediately notice the large square stone structure Mitsuyo used as a base of operations, and easily recognize the village from earlier this afternoon.

The streets are filled with fighting, and large groups of people rush from street to street with makeshift weapons--from farming implements to sticks, they fight with anything on hand. The stone structure Mitsuyo had been using seems to be besieged by the bulk of the civilian army, and Mitsuyo's guards are no where in sight. The genin recognize the scroll-bearing pale woman from earlier this evening standing in front of a large group of civilians. Either she's done her part of the fighting, or is supporting the army in some other invisible manner.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ettin in the Playground

As the moment is upon her, Amon starts to really think better of this - how significant could the town really be, right? She opens her mouth to raise an objection, but as Houshi and Yousuke reach out, she panics and follows suits, being projected through the void with them.

When the arrive, she falls to her knees, her blood pumping and head spinning as she tries to keep her guts down. Seeing Yousuke similar state, she nods in unusual kindness as she advises him "Let it up..." being cut off by her own vomit as she hurls over the side of the roof, hoping to hit someone not on her side. "Ugh, why did I have caviar before a mission, what's wrong with me?" Wiping her mouth, she finds the group a little cold-scorched as she continually shivers. "Y-you guys okay?" When it's clear only Yousuke seems unmoved by the soul torturing means of transportation, whe produces a health pack, removing a bandage or two. "I think we have enough time to g-get you p-pa-atched up, K-Konpaku-san," she says, her mind awash with unspoken horror.

Spoiler
    Show
    Treat Injury (1d20+5)[11] (I inclued a -2 penalty for being shaken), vs DC 15
    Heals (1d4)[3]

"H-Houshi, I healed you maybe a bit too recently, give me a second to eyeball how soon I can heal you again..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Is Houshi suffering from Chakra Overload or whatever it was called? I wasn't clear on how much time had passed before we met the Princess. Has enough time passed for me to use my healing technique without harming him?

As Amon looks over the scene, she tries to draw some conclusions not readily apparent, but some void of what she saw clouds her judgement. "You know, in the early days of ninja history, they were just glorified farmers in a way, disgruntled peasantry being something of a staple; all our most traditional ninja weapons are essentially adapted farming tools. You should know your history," she babbles, her voice shifting at weird pitches - almsot as if she was speaking just to stabilise her voice, as one would pluck the strings of a guitar justto tune it before playing something more meaningful.

"We can either go see Suneko and trust she wasn' trying to kill us specifically, or we can pop into the Mitsuyo building with tree climbing before he knows what the ****. Yousuke, you seem the most clear headed right now, you take point." Amon is vaguely cute when she's frightened - with her lip quivering and her arms folded for warmth, her stance forced to be a little less expressive; she looks a lot more like the rich, demure girl than usual - a princess without a prince

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I see any windows into Mitsuyo's building or other entrances available via wall walking?

3. - Top - End - #633
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Houshi was warm enough and seemed to have an iron stomach, but what they just experienced blew his mind, "Di-did we just return from the final frontier?"

"Whoa..."

He was obviously distracted by the whole prospect and just sorted nodded his head agreed with the general consensus.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

"H-here, Houshi, hold my hand, it'll stabilise our perceptions," Amon remarks still quivering as she outstretches her hand. If Houshi accepts, she takes his hand in her own as seh crouches, seeming to shiver a little less. She was sharp as a rapier but still this means of travel clouded her judgement - she wondered how bad Houshi was taking it. She did her best to exert her body warmth and focus Houshi. "Better?" she asks, perhaps a little more stable herself.

"Yousuke, get a closer look at the building for us while em and Houshi calm down a bit more, please?" She was clearly too distraught for her usual back-sass.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke is met with an onrush of uncomfortable sensations and blinks at discomfort, finding himself no worse for wear. Taking in his new surroundings, he nods absentmindedly at Amon's request and dashes away from the group, leaping off the rooftop and toward the stone structure. When in range, Yousuke channels chakra into his feet and plants them onto the side of the building to climb onto the tower and in through the highest window.

Spoiler
    Show
    If possible I take 10 on my chakra control and my hide check. If not here are my roll:
    Hide - (1d20+14)[22]
    Chakra Control - (1d20+8)[24]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

The boy quickly darts across the battlefield. The civilians either do not notice, or do not care about his appearance. Yousuke climbs up the wall quickly and quietly, and breaks into the highest room in the building. His feet meet a soft wooden floor, and the room is filled with shelves of books. A tiny desk adorned with small knick-knacks, several half-finished books, and a pink frilly hat. The hat bears a single golden moon and three ribbons--one blue, one red, and one yellow. The owner of the hat or the room seems to be missing.

A single door leads out of the room.

DC 15 Listen check
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear extremely shallow and raspy breathing coming from deeper within the bookshelves.

DC 13 Listen check
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear the crush of stone as some extremely heavy... thing... seems to be climbing the wall behind you.

Houshi and Amon

The two sky-nin watch Yousuke leave. They see that the civilians ignore the young man, but they notice something Yousuke could not. Suneko follows the boy's path with her gaze, and watches him enter the building. The duo see her perform a series of hand signs that Amon recognizes as the Summoning Technique. She pulls up her left sleeve to reveal a summoning contract tattooed into her left arm. The sky-nin bites her right thumb, and splashes her blood across the contract. An explosion of smoke obscures the sky-nin for a moment, and when it's gone a human-sized pot-bellied monstrosity stands before her. The hulking brute stands six feet tall, wields a giant iron kanabo, and bears a single horn pointing from its forehead to the sky.

Both ninja see Suneko point toward the window Yousuke had just entered. She probably says something, but you're unable to hear it over the battle. The hulking monster walks over to the wall Yousuke had just scaled, and starts climbing up it manually. Suneko starts looking around now. Her eyes scan the rooftops and the streets for any hint of Yousuke's companions.

DC 10 Ninja Lore Check
    Spoiler
    Show
    The creature is an oni--a member of a fabled race of monsters supposedly sealed inside the Moon by the First Sage of the Six Paths.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll need a Hide check from both of you. You can fall prone immediately to get a +16 bonus to your check.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

An Oni? What on earth is that thing doing being summoned by a sky-nin? You'd think something sealed away would be forbidden! The sight of the oni incoming to Yousuke snaps Amon from her frightened stupor some. "Is she actually trying to kill us? M-maybe it's friendly? Perhaps she's just confused as to why Yousuke is here and sent the Oni to investigate. Yeah, that must be it..." The thought brings her no comfort though, and as she starts looking around for her and Houshi, Amon reflexively grabs Houshi by his collar and hits the floor with him for cover. Hopefully the distance and being prone would allow them to go unnoticed until they coudl approach this problem on their own terms. Perhaps it was the gaping void of space that had momentarily wracked Amon's brain, but she wasn't in the mood to unconditionally trust anything right now.

Spoiler
    Show
    I got a 31 on my hide check with the prone bonus.

8. - Top - End - #638

SamuraiGuy

Housh, still in a shaken daze, hears Amon but takes no notice of her, "Huh? What now?"

When she grabs his shirt, he doesn't budge, "Oi, you'e stretching it!" He finally decides to lay down after a brief pause to keep his shirt intact. "Why are we hiding?"

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to account for shaken condition, which i believe bestows a -2 on my checks. If so, my hide check was only 29

When asked why she's hiding, Amon shakes her head a little. I don't know, some part of her says. Maybe she was just being paranoid from the teleport, she kept trying to convince herself, but summoning that thing to chase after Yousuke... she tries her best not to impart her fear to Houshi, but can hardly help it. "She summoned an Oni, that woman... she summoned an Oni to chase Yousuke into the building and now she's looking for us. I don't know if us being here messing with her plans has really pissed her off or what, but... I don't want to take my chances. We don't have time for my head to clear - we have to warn Yousuke that a monster is chasing him or tell Suneko to call it off if it means him harm, but how... If the White Princess really was in place to kill us, Suneko definitely didn't expect or want us here, that's for sure."

She rifles through her bag's insides, turning it inside out for speed, looking for loose string, parchment ink and a single shuriken. "How far can you throw a shuriken to literally hit the right side of a barn?" she asks Houshi, hoping his larger arms meant something as she quickly scribles something before even all the supplies are done pouring from her upturned bag.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-14 at 03:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

Houshi and Amon

Suneko finally spots the two genin. She uses the same summoning contract from before to call yet more oni. Two of them--one armed with a sword and the other with a spear--appear before the sky-nin in an explosion of smoke. She points toward the genin's hiding spot, and the two oni trundle off toward Amon and Houshi. They should arrive within seconds, based on how fast the oni sent after Yousuke is climbing.

Spoiler
    Show
    The oni will arrive in 3 rounds.

11. - Top - End - #641

SamuraiGuy

Houshi pops back up, drawing his blade, "Don't think that's gonna matter now." He sighs, "Why does it feel like everyone wants to kill us today?"

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ettin in the Playground

"H-hey wait wait!" Amon shouts at the top of her lungs. She stands as she sees the Oni. "The White Princess sent us - said you'd need the help! I'm sorry if Yousuke got in your way or something! We're a bit out of sorts from the thing she threw us through we weren't meaning to sneak up on you or anything, can't we talk!?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check to talk her down (1d20+5)[24]

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

Amon and Houshi

Suneko either can't hear Amon, or doesn't care about what Amon says. She just watches them.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

"Books...I did not take Mitsuyo for..." Glancing at the desk, frilly hair in particular he mentally corrects himself, "Definitely not his books." Silently, Yousuke approaches the small desk to examine it in greater detal but is interrupted by the sounds of wheezing further inside the building. "Must be a civilian. I should see to him and make sure he's alright." He had personal issues with Mitsuyo but whoever was inside sounded like they needed his help. After all, An innocent had nearly lost his life during their previous mission due to his inaction, if anything this was a chance to redeem himself.

"Or her," he adds as an afterthought. Though if the frilly hat truly belonged to the source of the wheezing he certainly hopes it is a her. Upon hearing the crumbling stone, Yousuke quickly grabs the hat and moves further into the rows of books in search of the raspy breathing. Either Houshi had somehow followed him or something was coming after him. Houshi was still sickened though, ruling the former option out. "I'm still low on chakra," he thinks bitterly, "I should avoid any direct confrontations if at all possible." He wasn't sure if he could protect himself with his current stores of chakra let alone an injured civilian but for the life of him he would try.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon rifles through her bag's half-dumped out contents, kicking them away from the ledge facing the Oni (lest Usagi the Brave fall into enemy hands). She finds the exploding tags she'd bummed off of Yousuke back in the fort, immediately concocting soem way to use them as she whispers her many plans to Houshi. Finding her wild card, there's some hope. Why didn't I have Cybele put a cool technique in this thing? Oh yeah, because we had that spat to start the day when Usgai's charms failed us. But then... she's always sneaking around doing things that strike her fancy - she stabbed me in the ass quick enough. Maybe she put something in this when no one was looking? She picks up the wild card in the same snatch that delivers the exploding tags to her hand. If it is charged, her passive chakra senses should inform her so.

16. - Top - End - #646

SamuraiGuy

Houshi knew he was strong but he wasn't sure he could put a hole in a ceiling. He could try though.

Spoiler
    Show

Strength Check: (1d20+5)[19]

Failing that...

Damage: (3d8+12)[31]

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

The raspy wheezing draws Yousuke deeper and deeper into the forest of shelves. After a few minutes of searching he's found a young pale girl. She's wearing a fluffy pink dress vaguely reminiscent of a nightie. She has the same deep purple hair as Cybele, and glares at Yousuke through a pair of thin-rimmed glasses. Her dark purple eyes are vaguely reminiscent of Cybele's, but lack the same distant glare that she carries. "W-w-who... w-w-what..." Her breathing is extremely labored, and she struggles to reach for a small white breathalyzer just a few feet away from her.

Houshi and Amon

The wild card is empty.

Houshi's capable of shattering the roof easily, and breaks a 10x10 foot hole into it. The room under you seems to be some kind of bedroom, but it's empty of people.

18. - Top - End - #648

SamuraiGuy

Surprised at his own strength, he makes another before hopping down, "That was easier then I thought it would be." He looks around some more before yelling back up, "Oi, I don't know what you're doing up there but I suggest you hurry up."

He stands next to the wall he knows the oni are going have to climb, preparing to stop their ascent.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Troll in the Playground

Feeling pity for the poor girl, Yousuke bends down to gingerly retrieve the breathalyzer, presses it gently into the girl's hands and helps to sit her up. With his other hand he pats what he assumes is the girl's hat onto her head and motions for her to be quiet. When the girl seems to finish with her breathalyzer, Yousuke kneels down and cup his hand against her mouth, leaning in against her to whisper in her ear, "Someone with unknown intentions is following me and for your own safety I must ask that you remain quiet." Being so close to the girl unsettled him greatly, but if she unwittingly gave away their position he doubted in his ability to defend both himself and what seemed to be an asthmatic girl. And for similar reasons, running away was now out of the question. For now he would simply have to hope that the girl trusted him enough to stay quiet or that his pursuer would lost interest. Or ideally, both.

Spoiler
    Show

If I need to make a Move Silently check to help her, here it is.
    Move Silently - (1d20+14)[16]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ettin in the Playground

"Gah, Houshi would it have been that hard to just swoop in through a window?!" Amon squeals as the roof gives way. "Baka! I'm so making you pay at least 60% of the damages on this house, we weren't supposed to..." As Houshi readies her sword against the Oni-facing wall hoever, she catches onto his intentions and falls silent. "Stay right there. I'll tell you to adjust your footing, if necessary, but otherwise be ready on my mark."

Amon heads towards the edge of the roof, facing the oncoming Oni as she runs through some manoeuvres in her head.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

When Yousuke returns the girl's breathalyzer she immediately presses it to her lips and sprays it. She takes several deep breaths, ultimately settling her lungs into a far calmer rhythm. She tenses when Yousuke's hand blocks her mouth, and weakly struggles against him. The girl lacks the muscle strength of even a moderately exercised individual, and cannot budge Yousuke in the slightest. She calms down a little when Yousuke explains, but doesn't remove her hands from his. Whether out of distrust or fear isn't immediately obvious. When Yousuke gets closer he can smell the soft scent of aged books wafting off her.

Several seconds pass before sounds coming from the window announce the arrival of the oni. Glass cracks, wood breaks, and the stone itself crumbles under the monster's great weight. But more important than its noisy entrance is the creature's foul stench. Rotten cabbage and eggs could be favorably compared with the musk that surrounds the creature and permeates the air. The smell threatens to gag the young sky-nin, but luckily his hand keeps the girl from smelling anything. Yousuke's certain she would vomit if she could smell it.

The grotesque pot-bellied ogre lurches its way into the library. A great iron mace drags along the ground behind it. Each step causes the floor to groan, and the mace to screech like metal upon metal as its dragged along. "Come out, come out little boy." The creature grumbles in an almost comically high-pitched tone. "The Princess said you'd be tasty."

Spoiler
    Show
    The oni's searching for Yousuke. He has two rounds to prepare or attempt to evade its notice.

Amon and Houshi

The oni continue to approach, and finally reach the base of the building. They stop there, as if preparing for something. They look toward one another, then show off mouths full of crooked teeth in the strangest grins Amon has ever seen. If the young kunoichi looks around for a moment, then she'll notice a strange sight. A blinking light rapidly approaches from the general direction of the rebel's old camp. It blinks in and out of existence as it moves closer and closer, and seems to be making a beeline toward the city.

Spoiler
    Show
    The oni will start climbing next round.

Cybele will arrive on the next round.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ettin in the Playground

Having charged the exploding tag Yousuke had given her, Amon stands at the ledge of the roof. Standing as tall as she can, she tries to seem imposing. It doesn't seem to go well, herself still shaken from the transport. Readying the tag, she asks "How saddened will Suneko be by your deaths at my hand?" She brandishes the blade of the attached kunai in such a way as to make it clear they're at a disadvantage should they remain on the ground much longer.

She throws down the kunai-exploding tag, not expecting it to attack effectively, only to embed it in the ground for later detonation, and perhaps to get them to scamper up all the faster.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+4)[12] because you never know.
    I couldn't find the specifics on the explosive Yousuke had (i.e. the one I just threw), but I'll assume it can be delay-detonated. If not, then she just throws it down, as is. If it hits, I detonate it immediately. If it can't be remote detonated after it leave my hand and I miss, I detonate it anyway in midair to at least do splash damage, if possible

When their highest point are at the middle of the second storey, whispering the instructions to Houshi to guide him to the right spot, she shouts "NOW!" signalling Houshi to knock the wall out and steps back in, knowing the cieling she stands on might follow in as few as 6 seconds.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-15 at 02:19 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

Cursing inwardly, Yousuke examines his options. Distracting the thing did not seem feasible. The girl before him looked as though she could barely run and the second his assailant finished with him he doubted it would say no to a frilly pink post-meal dessert. Mutely, he pauses at his odd choice of words, "What is with me and girls and sweets..." Dispelling his mind of the notion, Yousuke looks down at the sick bookworm before him and considers his other options. He was not going to chance his ability to fight off the creature, not in his current state at any rate. At this point it seemed that running away from the creature was their only option but for that he would need speed. Hopefully he had enough chakra for that at least.

Clasping his hands together, Yousuke summons up whatever dredges of chakra he has left in preparation of his plan. From the clasped position, Yousuke goes through the requisite seals for the Clone jutsu, causing a copy of himself to shimmer into existence. Sucking in a nervous breath, Yousuke bends down to lift the ill girl into his arms bridal style and whispers into her ear once more, "Are there any exits we can make use of? Or must I escape through the window?" Hopefully she knew more about the building than he did, or else he would be forced to run around their monstrous foe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action to access 5 reserve, attack action to create a clone, move action to lift the girl. If she knows of any exits, Yousuke directs his clone to run into the opposite row of books to distract the oni and unleashes his Rank 2 speed and Rank 1 strength (which is hopefully enough to let Yousuke carry her without penalty) as a full round action and follows her directions. If she doesn't know about any possible exits, Yousuke will still send the clone into the opposite row and try to hook around the bookshelves and back to the window.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

24. - Top - End - #654

SamuraiGuy

"Yes, yes it would've been actually and windows are for chumps. Besides, you act like I can stick to walls or something. Pfft, I am not paying for anything. Blubber butt can pay for it. I know he's good for it. Besides, this was your idea!"

He follows Amon's instruction until it was go time and swings for the cheap seats.

Spoiler
    Show

Strength Check: (1d20+5)[10]

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

The girl shakes her head. The library door was always locked, and she'd never been allowed to leave it. She would have told Yousuke, but the sky-nin did say to be absolutely quiet.

The sky-nin's clone runs out there, and sure enough the oni's too stupid to realize it might be a decoy or trap. It charges after the clone, trundling through bookcases, smashing chairs, and scattering books all over the room in the process. The noise and distraction proves sufficient for Yousuke to dash out the window with the girl in his arms. From his vantage point above the chaos of the battle he can now see Suneko staring at where his companions had hidden earlier.

He also watches the events with the two oni unfold.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll need another hide check to get back to the roof unseen by the villagers.

Amon and Houshi

The oni ignore the thrown exploding kunai. They knew that fire was just a minor annoyance, and climbed at their own leisurely pace. As they get up and into position, however, they find the wall under them buckle and break under Houshi's vicious attack. The cheap clay-like substance gives way immediately, and both oni tumble down to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fall damage (2d6)[7]
    I'll also need a damage roll for the exploding tag, minus 5 due to fire resistance from the Oni. Assuming it's a normal exploding tag and is totally uncharged, then it'd be 2d8. +1d8 per point of chakra spent to charge it.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke lands softly on the roof of a neighboring house, watching the scenario with Suneko play out from afar. Barely supressing a sigh he thinks, "Of course she's out to get us. Not the powerful wind dragon who we had to fight during our previous mission, but the ninja who is supposed to be our ally." It just figured that Suneko would turn on them. Was it too much to ask for allies who weren't out for his team's blood? With the alarmingly high number of mercenaries in the employ of Soragakure, yes. It was too much to ask for apparently. With their rate of success thus far it would not entirely surprise him if the girl he was carrying was somehow a crazy demon child who he had unwittingly unleashed upon the world. Subconsciously, he tightens his hold on the girl and presses her closer to himself. Almost immediately, the 'lessons' his grandfather had annoyingly imparted upon him made themselves known. "That is an absurd notion, Yousuke. How could such a pretty girl lead you astray?" He could practically hear the man's smug voice, even now in the midst of trouble. Thinking better of it, Yousuke loosens his grip and apologizes, grimacing distastefully. "I must apologize, I am rather tense at the moment."

Remembering his manners he asks, "I am Konpaku Yousuke. May I ask your name, milady?" Stupid etiquette lessons, they always left him speaking in an unorthodox manner. Though to be fair, Youki's lessons on etiquette in relation to women seemed to be drawn exclusively from romantic smut literature and the period soap operas he seemed to be so fond of. He was supposed to follow the line up with a compliment or another, something like, "...or might this angel have no name, in return for such a beautiful face." He had probably butchered the line but thankfully his grandfather was not there to smack him for it. Despite his better efforts, his grandfather had an annoying way with weaseling critical mission information out of him and it would not be long before the man found out about the particulars of this mission. At least now he could say that he had tried to be courteous.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

Amon and Houshi

The fall combined with the explosion from Amon's exploding tag causes the two oni to explode in poofs of smoke. They don't leave corpses or blood behind, so it's much cleaner than two dead humans, but both genin certainly seem to have killed their enemies. Suneko looks irritated at the defeat of her minions, but just performs the Summoning Technique again. But instead of calling forth another minion via her summoning contract, she instead goes through a much longer series of hand signs. It culminates with her putting both palms on the ground, and a series of seals spreading out from where she's touching the ground. Then an explosion of smoke obscures the sky-nin from view. When the smoke dissipates a young blond-haired girl stands beside Suneko.

The girl's waist-length blond hair stops at her waist, and she stands a paltry four feet off the ground. A large purple gourd hangs off her right wrist, and it bears several sealing signs across its surface. A cork in the top keeps whatever is inside from spilling out. The girl's lacy white blouse, frilly purple dress, and and overall childish look could let her pass for a human.

Except for the fact that two long spiraling horns jut out from each side of her head. Each horn rests just above her ears, and points straight out in line with her shoulders. Adding to her fierce visage are a quartet of black iron bands attached to her wrists and ankles. All of the bands bears a long chain, but the two attached to her ankles seem to have been broken. The two attached to her wrists bear massive iron balls, but the girl carries the extra weight as if they were made of fluff. Another chain snakes around her waist, but seems to have no beginning or end to it.

The girl turns to Suneko, grins, and the pair have a quiet conversation.

Listen Check DC 13
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm back again, huh? I thought you wouldn't need me anymore."

Suneko glares at the young girl. "Don't give me that. Things changed."

"Oh? Miss Human Princess is in trouble again? Where's your false magic when you need it?" The girl smiles and seems to take the whole thing as some kind of joke.

"Blue Princess Obana", Suneko says with an irritated tone, "are you going to disobey the authority given to me by the Emperor?" Her words seem to irritate the young child, and for the first time since she had been summoned the oni frowns.

"No", the girl responds in a mechanical tone, "What do you need from this obedient servant?"

Suneko gives a smug smile, then points toward the building Amon and Houshi are hiding in. The oni turns toward the pair, her smile having vanished into a deep frown, and starts slowly walking toward the two sky-nin.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Blue Princess will arrive in four rounds.

Yousuke

The girl gasps as the two leap from wall to roof, but otherwise does her best to remain quiet. A luminescent blush overwhelms the young lady's face when she's squeezed tighter, and a light gasp escapes her lips once more. Yousuke can feel her heart beating like a drum, and she gives the young swordsman a strange look. But she averts her gaze and looks to the ground when Yousuke looks toward her. "A-ah. My name is... I-I mean, Mitsuyo-sama named me Eurayle. But, my parents named me Camille."

Yousuke's complement only deepens the girl's blush, and seems to quiet her completely. She does her best not to make any noise, and seems to withdraw completely unless spoken to. Luckily this allows Yousuke to focus on what happens between his team and the oni.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yousuke gets the same Listen check as above, and sees everything Amon/Houshi see. He can rejoin them, but because of the broken wall he'll need to spend two move actions to do so rather than just one.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh ****, SUIKA!

Another one of the Princesses, huh? I really don't want to test my luck here. I already used the 'destroy wall' gambit on those two minions. Summoning something actually powerful should be really hard though - why is she going to this extent to kill us? Amon looks around for a way out of this stupid situation - the oni clearly wasn't enthused about this sitation, maybe if they ran she wouldn't bother chasing. Wait, what's that? It looks like its coming from the bandit camp and - OH, Yousuke's back and he brought a nice looking girl. She looks kind of like - forget it. Maybe Suneko or her minion haven't seen him yet. If we do have that element of surprise what should we do with it? The girl looks to be a civilian, so...

"Remember, comrade, as ninja we should not drag the innocent into our war!" she says, tilting her head to Houshi as if talkiing about the house, but make's sure she's loud enough to be heard by Yousuke, hoping even he was smart enough to catch onto her message to get the girl out of here. The way she says 'comrade' is in that same sing-song voice she addressed Yousuke as 'Yousu-chan' after all, he couldn't miss it.

Her mind cleared by the heat of battle, Amon stands her full height; recognising the echo frequency of the streets, she stands on her tip toes, clasps around her mouth and arcs her back just right to make herself impossible to go unheard by Suneko. "WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU, HUMAN PRINCESS!? WE'RE SOME STUPID GENIN THAT GOT TRICKED BY YOUR OTHER SUMMON INTO THINKING YOU NEED A HAND - SORRY FOR TRYING TO HELP, BUT THIS IS WAY TOO MUCH VIOLENCE OVER A MERE MISUNDERSTANDING! WHY ARE YOU PUTTING THIS MUCH EFFORT INTO KILLING YOUR FELLOW NINJA!? LOOK, WE'LL RUN RIGHT NOW AND GET OUT OF YOUR WAY, SO JUST RELENT ALREADY!"

Content that she's said all she can, she hops down the hole as she finished shouting to stand beside Houshi. "I think we should run. These princesses seem strong - even if this one specifically isn't that much of a threat, if we knock her down, Suneko might just summon another, more powerful Oni, one we might not escape from so easy. She's summoned at least 6 oni today, 3 with unique power and personality, so she may be running low on chakra, but..." If I could get in close before she gets a chance to summon something else, I can break her focus with my sonic technique, wasting her chakra with any luck, but for all I know she's a strong enough fighter herself.

While Houshi and Yousuke coordinate, the demon-girl starts walking towards the team. "Hey, don't suppose we could talk this over, possibly over a cold one, could we?" Amon asks loudly of teh princess, indicating towards what she assumed was booze she was carrying. "It might be at least more interesting than fighting with us just because she tells you to, right, Obana?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy? (1d20+5)[8]
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-16 at 10:44 AM.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Once again Suneko either doesn't hear Amon or simply doesn't care about what the girl has to say. But her stance becomes obvious when she shouts toward the oni. "Kill the loud one first. Painfully."

The Blue Princess' expression darkens as she wordlessly accepts the order. The oni ignores Amon's pleas, and closes her eyes as she moves closer. The authority of the girl's "Emperor" is far stronger than her own feelings on the matter, or the possibility of taking a life. Even so, Yousuke can see the effect that Amon's words have had as the girl seems to walk even slower than normal. She certainly has no interest in brutally murdering two children, and it's obvious from the way she's dragging her feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Obana will arrive in six rounds now.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon nudges Houshi. "She seems like a cool sort of girl. Let's get out of here, now - run as fast as we can so it looks like a proper chase until we're out of her line of sight, at least. You're faster than me, so I hope you don't mind me hitching a ride"

Securing her bag and it's contents, Amon takes off immediately. If Houshi permits, she jumps on his back and rides him as they escape through the hole in the wall, relying on his ability to augment his speed with chakra being superior to her own. She really doesn't want to run on her own two feet but will if forced, taking off at her maximum speed away from the crazed summoner and her unwilling minion. Amon gives a nod to the oni-girl for her kindness, and another to signal to Yousuke to follow them, now. "You'll be hearing from me in a strongly worded letter yet, Human Princess!" Amon shouts as she goes. It's a good thing your competent summons are far less murderous and obedient, otherwise we might have died here. "Men, to our great stronghold, mush!" she says in the fashion of a wartime general.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check to pass message 'go to the bandit-fort' (1d20+1)[16]
    Even if she fails, the result should be Yousuke may follow them anyway, but if the message is understod, he'll be able to meet up with them on the road without taking the risk of bringing the girl into Suneko's line of caring sight until after we've shaken off our pursuers.

Edit: BOOYAH! I could use more bluff ranks though, I think

Amon intends to snake around a few of the taller-building streets until she 'loses' Suneko and any further minions. If Yousuke has not rejoined them, she heads in the direction of the bandit fort, hoping to meet up with him, and hopefully Cybele, on the road. When he does rejoin them, she instead heads towards Soragakure, a little off the main road, trusting Cybele to handle herself, and Suneko to not stray far enough from her post to personally track them.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-16 at 09:37 AM.