New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

Houshi shakes his head at Amon, "Not today. Do you really think she is just going to get away like that? Especially when she knows where we live... I don't like it, not one bit." He sighs once again their situation, which seems to be turning into par for the course, "I guarantee you this part of the report is going to be ignored by Sonia.'

He looks over to Suneko, narrowing his gaze in disgust, Why? I just don't get why a comrade would attack us? He slams his fist into awall, leaving a nice size indention, "Let's go before I change my mind and something stupid."
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-09-16 at 12:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground

"Don't worry about her knowing where we live -if she's serious about killing us, I have a hangout we can use until the dust settles," Amon informed Houshi as she takes of at top speed behind him. "I'm serious, man, if she starts chasing I'll need you to pick me up. You've got longer legs and chakra enhancement - you can handle my lithe figure." Amon bites her lip, hoping Houshi and Yousuke are thoughtful enough not to give her a reason to stop.

3. - Top - End - #663

SamuraiGuy

Houshi sheathes his blade, cracking his knuckles, "I won't kill her." He hops down from the hole he made, landing rather lightly actually, "Just knock some sense into her." He takes a deep breath before opening the First Gate, "Kai-mon, kai!" His body tenses before he takes off like an Olympic sprinter, pumping as hard as he can until he's within about 25 feet of the summon, "Yousuke! Cover Amon while I take care of this!" He leaps 6 feet in the air at the apex and keeps going. He rears back his fist as he comes to a sliding halt and extends with a straight seiken, "Why are you attacking us!?"

Spoiler
    Show

Charging Attack Roll: (1d20+13)[20]
    Damage: (1d4+9)[10]
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-09-16 at 12:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground

"HOUSHI, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN -!?" Amon scolds as he goes against his 'not doing anything stupid' prerogative and heads straight for the summoner. You're lucky she didn't hop up and impale you on her horns, you stupid, stupid boy! Cybele, if you're out there, now would be a good time to do that paralysis crap on Suneko before Houshi faces retribution. If he's all up in her business, she should have to make enough effort to move away that she'll earn another punch to the head for her troubles, but frankly hitting her with the back of the blade would have been more efficient if he hopes to capture her alive!

Thinking fast on anything but criticism of Houshi, she bites her lip and faces Obana. "You have your orders," she remarks with a respectful nod, before pointing at herself. "Houshi may not look it but he's too kind a boy to kill her even if he could, so.... I guess your only concern should be me." She tries to remain stoic, but can't help a gulp. If she chases, Amon runs. Otherwise, she give s a pleasant, youthful smile as she backs away at a pace maybe a little bit faster than Obana's. "Sorry you got dragged into this tiff," she remarks. "You're definitely the nicest Princess I've met"
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-16 at 01:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke scowls at the girl's relation to the piggish man. "Do not call him that. He is not worthy of your respect, so do not refer to him as such, Camille-san." He ends the sentence with an awkward smile but inwardly he frowns, "Is she related to Cybele? They certainly look similar enough..." Regardless of her relation, she was still an innocent meaning his first priority was getting her to some semblance of safety. Ideally, Houshi would be able to deal with Suneko on his own, but he would just have to wait and see. Peering over the edge of his building he whispers, "Hold on tight," and channels the chakra required to bring them back to ground level safely.

Finding a quiet place for them, away from Suneko's line of sight, Yousuke deposits the weak girl gently onto the floor and against a building. Quietly, he draws his sword, eliciting a quiet hiss of steel from the blade and scabbard. "My allies are engaged with the enemy though from the looks of it they seem to have it well in hand. Stay close so that I am better able to protect you. However, if I must move to aid them stay here away from sight and I will return when it is safe to do so."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-09-17 at 01:28 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

Houshi

Obana makes no effort to stop Houshi. Whether out of a strict interpretation of her orders, or sadistic pleasure from wanting Suneko to get hurt. Regardless of her reasoning, the small oni just watches Houshi fly overhead.

Houshi's meaty fist plows into the pale girl's soft skin like a hammer. Her head angles downward with the force of his punch, but she recovers quickly and looks a bit irritated at having been touched at all. She focuses golden eyes on Houshi's own, and her tone is that of an adult talking down to a child. "Why? Are you stupid boy?"

The sky-nin casually rubs her jaw where Houshi had struck her. "Meiling told you about me, and I can't let you live with that information. Sonia would never believe you, but that idiot Taro might, and that will make my life hell. So do me a favor, and just die."

The summoner starts going through the hand-signs for another summoning.

Spoiler
    Show
    Obana will intervene between Houshi and Suneko on the next round.

Yousuke

The girl clutches Yousuke a bit too tightly when he asks for it, and screams when they leap toward the ground. Luckily for Yousuke she weighs very little, as her lightweight doesn't make the landing any harder than normal. She nods at Yousuke's words once hidden away, and remains there unless told to do something else. "Please be careful, Konpaku-san."

Amon

Obana just waves off Amon. "Personally I don't care what happens to the Human Princess, but the Emperor gave me a direct order. I cannot allow her to be killed." The girl casually runs a hand through her long blond hair. "And unfortunately, that order supersedes hers, even if she speaks with His authority. So start running kid. I don't wanna have to kill more than one person today."

The Blue Princess turns and starts walking back toward Houshi. She's rather casual about the whole affair, given that Houshi hasn't drawn a weapon yet, and she'd rather enjoy watching Suneko get beaten up for awhile.

Spoiler
    Show
    Obana will intervene between Houshi and Suneko on the next round.

Cybele

The purple-haired sky-nin drops down from one of the buildings nearby. She's a bit winded, but otherwise is in peak fighting condition. She quickly draws two normal black kunai, and takes a moment to quickly observe the battlefield. She obviously isn't bothering to hide, because she knows Suneko's abilities as a sensor outweigh her own abilities as an assassin. "Houshi! Where's Yousuke and Amon? Did she kill them?!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cybele arrives on this turn with her full round action, and Quick Draws her weapons.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Houshi's fist passes clean through Suneko, but the sky-nin doesn't feel any resistance that would be normal from having punched a person. The image of Suneko fades away a second later. The real Suneko stands behind Obana, in plain view of everyone involved. "I allowed you to touch me once, but you won't get that chance again."

Spoiler
    Show
    Suneko uses a ninjutsu technique in response to being AoO'd. She takes 10 due to Cool Under Pressure, getting a 36 Ninjutsu check.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ettin in the Playground

"Nor do I want to kill you," Amon says in turn to Obana when she says she doesn't want to kill more than one person, in a tone of bored duty matching Obana's own. "But I cannot allow him to die. That is my order; broken under penalty of losing my very being. If you're the same way, I guess there's nothing else for it, Blue Princess Obana."

Amon strikes a pose as if to attack but does no such thing as Obana starts walking off. Instead she shouts, "Houshi, capture her alive no matter what!" Reading Sonia's expression even from afar, Amon has a good inkling as to what was just said; a tipping of the hand. "I have an idea of what's going on, but we'll need to question her. Plus it would make the Blue Princess' boss upset if she were to die, okay?"

Amon can't help but chuckle at the sight of the second, pummelling fist striking Suneko, but that amusement fails as Suneko teleports away from Houshi's grasp, joining Obana by her side. "Dammit."

Spoiler
    Show
    I had an action here, but Suneko's move has invalidated it. I'll put up my revised turn in my next post.

9. - Top - End - #669

SamuraiGuy

"Fashionably late I see. Amon's back over there," he points to the building with a hole in it. "Yousuke is over there." He points to another building which Yousuke went to, "They're fine." He starts back towards Suneko, "Now, time to handle the traitor but first..." He draws his blade on the way, "I'm sorry, I know you are just following order but I cannot allow her or you to kill my friends." He brings his blade crashing down and misses horribly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Points: 27/29
    Chakra Pool: 8/23
    Chakra Re8erve: 6/6
    Armour Class: 16
    Ongoing Effects: Str Rank 1 (2/5), Spd Rank 1 (2/5), Kai-Mon (2/3)

Hokojutsu: Daibutsu
    Attack:
    (1d20+11)[12]
    Damage: (3d8+15)[30] (1d6)[6]
    Chakra: 2

If it hits, DC 24 Fort save or she's not knocked prone

Lol, nvm
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-09-16 at 03:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

Suneko was using jutsu now, meaning the situation was much more dire than he had expected. Even with Cybele on their side, Suneko was a dangerous foe with a very dangerous ability. His team would need him by their side if they hoped to bring Suneko down. Before leaving to join the fray, Yousuke casually retrieves the cat doll he had received the day before his previous mission and presses it into the girl's hands leveling his gaze to meet her eyes. "I will be returning for this, so please keep it safe for me. I hope that it brings you the fortune that it has failed to bring me. Scream my name if you require my aid and I will be at your side as soon as I am able."

Dashing around the building, Yousuke makes his presence known, brandishing his new katana. "Now, Houshi. I do not intend on letting anyone kill me."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ettin in the Playground

"So what's your deal then, are you Meiling's contact?" Amon asks as she approaches Suneko, her cane at the ready, piecing everything together as she sees Cybele. "Were you banking on her killing us? Or were you just that trusting of the White Princess? Baaakaaa~ on both counts - for such a commanding person, you don't know your own forces very well." She smiles, giddily, generally trying to make herself as annoying as possible to buy some attention away from Cybele. And she intended to momentarily take that plan up a notch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move 30 feet towards Suneko, ready an attack action:

If Suneko makes to use any technique, Amon uses her Deafening Sound Wave technique on her in the hopes of breaking her concentration

6 chakra (pricey, but worth it). DC 19 fort save to avoid being deafened for (1d6+1)[3] rounds. (2d6)[7] sonic damage, no save. (f u, evasion, even though in this case I'm certain she doesn't have it)

If Obana is in the area of effect when the technique hits (a 10 foot square intended to include Obana if she doesn't have the good sense to leave Suneko's side), Amon also quickly shouts "Sorry, Obana-hime," as she performs the technique

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Obana expertly dodges Houshi's attack. "Sorry big guy. Try not to die, okay?" She charges Houshi with reckless abandon. The genin realizes she's intentionally leaving herself open to be attacked, and he could have taken advantage of it if he had just been a bit quicker. The small girl throws a punch at Houshi's gut with almost as much strength behind it as the giant genin could muster. However, Houshi gets the distinct feeling that she's intentionally holding back. For whatever reason she seems to be punching slightly slower than her status would suggest.

Suneko finishes her technique, which provokes an attack from Amon. The loud deafening crash of noise does nothing to stop Suneko. The girl finishes her summoning technique, rolls up her right sleeve, bites her thumb, and smears her blood all over the summoning seal branded into her skin. A burst of smoke obscures her form for a second, and when it dissipates another person has entered the field.

All three genin recognize the new entry as the dragon masquerading as the red-haired kunoichi Meiling. Suzunabu still has its son cradled in its arms, and only looks around surprised at its new surroundings. The dragon wearing the girl's flesh turns to face Suneko, and the oni-summoning woman points toward Amon, Yousuke, Cybele, and Houshi in turn. "You're under contract still. One year and one day. Kill them."

Suzunabu looks to each of you in turn, then back to Suneko. "I refuse." Its flat-voiced refusal sends Suneko into a red-faced fury.

"How dare you?! You're mine to do with as I please, and that means you don't get to refuse! Now kill them you worthless dog!" Suzunabu stares at the oni-summoner as if it were looking at a particularly disgusting insect, but it turns toward Yousuke anyway.

"Very well." She says whilst addressing Yousuke. Yousuke can feel no killing intent from the dragon, and can infer that it has no intention of fighting. But even so, it still needed to keep up the illusion that it was obedient.

Spoiler
    Show

Legend
    Dark Red - Houshi
    Dark Blue - Amon
    Dark Gray - Yousuke
    Dark Purple - Cybele
    Dark Green - Suzunabu
    Yellow - Suneko
    Pale Blue - Obana

Concentration check vs DC 17: (1d20+16)[24]. Suneko succeeds even on a 1.
    Fort Save (1d20+14)[17].

Obana
    Charge Attack vs Houshi: (1d20+13)[24] vs AC 14(16-2 for charging).
    Damage Roll: (1d4+7)[10] non lethal.

Suneko
    Finish technique: Summon Suzunabu

Suzunabu
    Does not get to act this round.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-09-16 at 04:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #673

SamuraiGuy

Taking a sharp blow to the gut, Houshi notices the lack of killing intent, Tch, so that's it. She holds her contract. Right, she's trying to get beat. I would too if I was forced in to servitude. He nods and swings away half-heartily, "I promise only to try."

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+11)[18]
    Damage: (3d8+15)[26]
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-09-16 at 05:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

Sighing, Yousuke meets Suzunabu's eyes and nods, "If you must. Though if you plan on fighting I must ask that you secure the safety of your child before you think to attempt anything. He has seen enough conflict today." To emphasize his point, he gestures in the direction he came from and away from the battle. Noticing that the small female oni's back is turned to him, Yousuke settles into a charge, katana held low and below his hip for a sweeping strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Points: 25/30
    Chakra Pool: 5/22
    Chakra Reserve: 5/10
    Armour Class: 22
    Ongoing Effects: Str Rank 1 (3/5), Spd Rank 2 (3/5), Striking Tiger Stance, Charge

Move Action~!
    Charge to to (11,4) and attack.

Attack Action~!
    Standard Action Attack
    Attack: (1d20+15)[17] +5 from my Action Point making the result 22.
    Damage: (1d10+2)[11] Slashing Damage
    Targeting Obana
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-09-17 at 01:39 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

INVALIDATED
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amon's horror at seeing Suzunabu vanishes ironically at Suneko's order; she doesn't even get past 'you're stil under contract' before Amon can tell from the slur in her voice that her technique was successful - her eardrums overwhelmed by her sonic technique, Suneko is temporarily DEAF! This is perfect - she already has such poor control over her summons.... if Amon can just buy a few seconds, it could turn the tide of this entire battle.

Just as Suzunabu says 'I refuse', Amon pounces at her chance; before Suneko manages to read her lips, she distracts her as best she can, while exploiting her deafness to carry her voice across the battlefield free of the great 'sensor ninja's' scrutiny. Producing her last 'smoke bomb', Amon sprints forward, and shouts to Suzunabu "Suzunabu, quick! Step towards me before your son inhales this!" and hurls the bomb, whereupon it explodes into foul smoke. The whole affair completely drowns out Suneko's complaint about her authority with the contract

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon moves to (10,13). She throws her Saruhire poison gas bomb to fill (9-10,8-9). It should expand by 5 feet in all directions next turn. If I got the grid right, Suzunabu should be just outside the gas limits, as should her son, but Suneko is not so lucky

Just for fun, have Suneko roll her saving throw. She can only fail on a roll of 1, but if she does she'll take (2d4)[3] Intelligence damage

Amon quickly turned her attention on Suzunabu. "Suzunabu, before she can properly invoke her contract, get out of here, now - this is no place for your child, anyway! Let not your kind heart serve her wickedness!" She indicates quickly, before Suneko can clear herself of the poison fog, to the nearest corner, which should also be the direction Yousuke came from after dropping off his innocent. "If there is no way out of your contract, no loophole that would restrict you from her service, at least safeguard the youth - now hurry lest my poison or the heat of take him!"

Taking advantage of the stolen senses of teh summoner, Amon shouts across the battlefield. "CYBELE, Suneko is temporarily deaf and shall remain so for at least 15 seconds more!" she informs Cybele. "If we want to run, now's our opening to escape! If we want to fight, now is also that opening!" For a jounin, she seems to be a complete *****. That or she's too dumb to summon something more obedient "If we try and corner her, she may summon something far more powerful, so be ready to break her focus!"

Seeing Yousuke and Houshi pound Obana as best they can, Amon surmises she will likely just vanish as the earlier oni did, or at least she severely hopes so. "Obana, if we should meet again, let it be in cooperation - your talents are wasted in this woman's service."

When Suneko emerges, no doubt furiously, from the poison mist, she's met by Amon's biggest grin - her most punchable expression she can muster to best distract the crumbling Jounin as she hopes Obana poofs out and Suzunabu runs from the heat of battle as instructed. She mouths 'disgraceful' as obviously as she can
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-17 at 10:34 AM.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The two sky swordsmen strike true with their attacks, but Obana meets their blades with her fists. A bit of her blood--a much lighter pink than normal human blood--stains both blades from where they've struck her palms. But the blades do not sever her limbs, or go much further than surface cuts. Both swordsmen realize that she's much hardier than a normal human, and sense that their blades did less damage as a result. Even so, the oni remains dour at having been forced to fight. A giant opening appears in her stance as she strikes at Yousuke with a telegraphed punch.

Suneko seems to wait for something, and Meiling is still slightly dazed from being summoned.

Cybele blinks out of view as she dashes from area to area. Eventually she ends up behind the oni, and stabs at her with both of her kunai. Both of them find the oni's flesh, but just like Houshi and Yousuke she's dealing slightly less damage than normal. The oni looks slightly worse for wear, but looks toward the group with a smile growing on her face. "This is starting to get fun~!"

Spoiler
    Show

Legend
    Dark Red - Houshi
    Dark Blue - Amon
    Dark Gray - Yousuke
    Dark Purple - Cybele
    Dark Green - Suzunabu
    Yellow - Suneko
    Pale Blue - Obana

Initiative: Amon - 24
    Suneko - 22(delayed to 2)
    Obana - 22
    Yousuke - 9
    Houshi - 3
    Meiling - 2(delayed)

Obana
    Attacks Yousuke with her fist. Suika's Gambit Stance allows both Yousuke and Houshi to take an AoO against her. If they do, then she refuses to take an AoO in return.

Both sky swordsmen realize she has DR 6/Thorium.

Attack: (1d20+13)[31].
    Damage: (1d4+7)[11] non-lethal.

Damage dealt: 5(Yousuke)+20(Houshi)+29(Cybele)=54 total.

Cybele
    Attack: (1d20+14)[32]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[2] + (4d6)[13] sneak attack

Attack: (1d20+14)[21]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[4] + (4d6)[19] sneak attack

Meiling delays until the end of Houshi's turn.

Suneko delays until the end of Meiling's turn.

And we're still waiting on Amon's actions.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-09-17 at 03:28 AM.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

"Suzunabu, if there's no way out of your contract, perhaps you had best ground yourself to best fulfill it?"

Spoiler
    Show
    game terms: requesting she delay until after Amon's next turn, Bluff check to pass message, take 10, +1 for 11, enough to pass a simple message like that secretly

"I'm hardly a threat with how much chakra I used retrieving your son. Speaking of, it would be wise to set him down gently somewhere before he is dragged into our tiff. Your contract or your master gave you permission to secure him at least, did she not?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check to request she use her action to secure her son's safety rather than fight us for one round. Taking 10, I get a 15

Amon starts forming hand seals rapidly. If she wasn't in range already, she steps forward to bring herself in range. "You need only stand between me and your noble contract holder to shield her from my final technique."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check to pass simple message, take 10, yadda yadda, to send message 'don't dodge'.

Move to 13,10 if wasn't there already. If i had to move more than 5 feet, use my attack action to begin a full-round action performance, to be completed on my next turn when I expend another attack action for the same effect. Otherwise, I use a full round action if already within 25 feet to use the Mind Transfer technique, in a line targeting Suzunabu.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-18 at 01:49 AM.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ettin in the Playground

Never Mind, previous move okay'd

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon sizes up Suzunabu, as if confirming her presence on the battlefield. Seeing everyone go to town on Obana, she was quite certain they had her well in check. Hopefully. She refocuses her mind for a moment; trying to summon up her strength, she realises how truly powerless she is. Mind Transfer, no... poison bomb, no.... Maybe she was deafened successfully and I can skillfully coordinate the participants. No. She strongly considers finding a corner to sit in until the competent people have it sorted out - Suneko seems stouter than she should be to shake off her sound wave attack like that; she's pretty certain she has little chance of actually breaking her focus. She could try going for the scroll and... nope, Suzunabu is in the way. She sighs, realising she simply doesn't have enough chakra left to kill Suneko even with her best move working at its fullest. If Suzanabu weren't here, then at least we could all gang up on Suneko. Even if she merely pretends to fight us, it will still deter us. Screw it, let's run away. No wait, she seems to be distracted. Maybe, MAYBE I can just slip over there before she does that teleport crap and... no.

Wait, Amon, think. Summoning all these demons must take effort; I don't know how much chakra it took to summon Suzunabu, probably a fair bit, assuming any, so looking at the psychology of the summoner there is a lot of resource management. If she pulled out Suzunabu, that must mean she is certain Suzunabu can finish this fight, but to fall back on her summons when it was just us genin.... that can't be cost efficient. Is it possible... that oni summoning is her only power? More importantly, though if possible her super-strategy would undoubtedly include setting aside some 'rainy day' chakra. Unless summoning Suzunabu took no particular store of chakra to summon on account of being a seperate contract, she'll probably still have that strategy in mind; to have one, super powerful summon left up her sleave she'll be teetering on the edge of using. If she doesn't have enough power to summon it, she'll switch to summoning a lot of smaller monsters, possibly to cover her escape, though mostly out of frustration.

Resource check: Amon. Some minor chakra left, about 1 third capacity. Can be annoying. Suneko. Unknown degree of summoning powers. Is a bitch who can't fight.

Snapping her fingers, Amon just decides 'screw it' and dashes forward, hoping to catch Suzanabu and Suneko off guard. "How's it hanging, Ryu-san," she remarks casually as she draws up to the dragon, as if simply asking her how her weekend was. "Know of any way I can take control of her contract over you? A gamble against Satoko, perhaps?"

In one fluid motion as she charges, she produces her sword and stabs out at Satoko as best she can, all the while taunting her loudly to draw her attention away from Houshi and Yousuke. "You better summon up some stronger friends than this: I put a fuinjutsu on Suzunabu - she couldn't harm me if I tried!" she obviously lied, trying to give Suzunabu an out. "If you give up now, it'll decrease the chances of me scraping off your summoning tattoos, burning your scroll and perverting your body by at least 10% when we win!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge to (9,10)
    Attack! (1d20+4)[13], Damage (1d6)[5]

Hachidoku. If the sword hits, she must succeed at an initial fort save DC 18, or suffer an additional (2d8)[10] damage up front

AC 14, HP 20/25
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-18 at 01:48 AM.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Suneko frowns, then starts performing a technique. Amon identifies it as the Dimension Shift technique.

Suzunabu watches as Amon performs her technique. It looks right at the genin, smiles, then puts her son down gently in between the two of them. She takes a deep breath, then begins cycling her chakra for a technique of her own. After a few seconds her skin becomes red and her chakra signature explodes into an overwhelming source of strength. Black stripes made of chakra spread down her arms and legs as if she had tiger stripes. Suzunabu makes no attempt to dodge the Mind Transfer, and does not resist its effects so long as Amon makes no attempt to touch the boy.

Obana looks at her bloody hands then shrugs. "I guess I got too hurt. I don't wanna die, so... You can handle the rest, right little leaf-nin?" With that, Obana willingly ends her summoning and disappears in a cloud of smoke.

Spoiler
    Show

Legend
    Dark Red - Houshi
    Dark Blue - Amon
    Dark Gray - Yousuke
    Dark Purple - Cybele
    Dark Green - Suzunabu
    Yellow - Suneko
    Pink - Suzunabu's son

Initiative: Amon - 24 (as Meiling)
    Yousuke - 9
    Houshi - 3
    Cybele - 3
    Meiling - 2(delayed)
    Suneko - 2

Suneko
    Use Dimension Shift

Suzunabu
    Move action: Place son on ground.
    Attack action: Activate Fierce Tiger Energy Release.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

With Obana now out of the picture, Yousuke turns his attention toward their sky-nin enemy. Dashing in, Yousuke dips his blade low in preparation for one of his more lethal techniques but twists his grip in a manner that would suggest otherwise. In one swift motion, Yousuke slashes upward in a vicious arc, ascribing the ascent of the moon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Points: 25/30
    Chakra Pool: 3/22
    Chakra Reserve: 5/10
    Armour Class: 24
    Ongoing Effects: Str Rank 1 (4/5), Spd Rank 2 (4/5), Striking Tiger Stance

Move Action~!
    Charge to to (10,8) and attack.

Attack Action~!
    Sword Art: Moon Slash
    Attack: (1d20+11)[20]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[7] Nonlethal Damage
    Jutsu Damage: (4d6)[16]
    Chakra Cost: 3
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-09-18 at 01:58 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon nods as the boy is let down at her feet, Suzunabu seeming to accept the terms. She visibly sweats and pants as she draws out nearly the last of her chakra, her body wavering a little as she struggles just to keep on her feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon used a swift action to tap reserves for 3 chakra; using her technique has brought her down to 1 point in her chakra pool, and a mere 5 reserve less in her own body. She's fatigued until she can recover some chakra.

In a triumphant flair, she throws out her hands in a odd-like hand sign, as if framing Suzunabu's image. Crouching a little to soften the fall she anticipates, she readies her body to lie softly next to the child. She gives a little whisper. "I'm borrowing you for a bit then, Suzunabu." With that, there's a sudden surge of chakra, Amon's eyes glaze over and she collapses, seemingly unconscious...

Ah, oh god... such movement, such strength... my son, no not my son, but he is. No, focus, this is your body now, at least for a bit. Oh god, so many instincts, so much power, I don't know how she can remain calm. I.... I love it. Maybe it's just the tiger-like technique - I'll have to learn how to use it msyelf.

---

As Obana shrugs the duty off onto her, Suzunabu gives a brief, amused sigh. "I think I can handle it alright. Farewell," she says a little awkwardly, as if drunk, as she feels oddly at her face. A sudden change in her dazed state comes about as she springs into action when Suneko begins her technique. "I found a loophole!" she says excitably, as she kicks out at the summoner, bringing her foot down like an axe and breaks the ground beneath her mighty tread, the chakra seeming to pour from her

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO rolled OOC

Suzanabu giggles maniacly. "Were you hoping I'd cover your escape so you could use that teleport to get out of here? I get it now - you thought I told these children of you; I am not so foolish." Grounding herself from her last hit, she faces her assigned targets, still standing as they rally after the disappearance of Obana. "Yousu-chan, Cybele-chan, Houshi-kun, surround her! Either grab her hands so she can't summon in anything more or whack the bint as hard as you can!" She spins around, giving them all a second to get into position, before seeming to lose patience and lashing out anyway, delivering a powerful punch in an attempt to smack her at least once before she vanished like she did with Houshi's attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Delay until Yousuke's turn so both of us gain flanking. Assuming I started at my 24 initiative, anyway.

Attack! (punch) (1d20+14)[32]
    Damage (1d8+9)[12] Nonlethal

HP 20 (+2 temporary)
    Defence 25
    Chakra Pool 20, Reserve 18

As she throws out her fist, Suzunabu remarks "I really should thank you for giving me such a powerful body. This Meiling is enough to take you down, I think!"
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-18 at 10:03 AM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Amon finds nothing under Suzunabu's heel but dirt as the summoner dodges out of the way. Yousuke, on the other hand, has a better go of it as his sword slices through her flesh with ease. She stops doing her hand signs to grab her arm, and curses the genin.

"Ugh! Goddamn kids. You weren't supposed to be any good, but I guess traitorous minions will make even ants into trouble. I'll remember this. I'll get you all, and that includes you too Meiling!"

The next time Amon attacks Suzunabu's fists find nothing but air. They pass harmlessly through the afterimage left behind by Suneko's spacetime technique. The summoner doesn't reappear elsewhere in the square.

Cybele makes a few hand signs, then places her palms against the ground. Her eyes close, and she concentrates on something. Whatever it is draws her full attention, and she does nothing unless directly spoken to. After six seconds she raises her head and speaks--shouting to be heard by Amon and Yousuke. "She's not touching the ground wherever she went. Or she could be on the ground, but outside my detection range. So she's either on a roof, or somewhere further than 110 feet away."

Spoiler
    Show
    Suneko can't possibly meet the DC 37 Concentration check she needs, so her technique fails when Yousuke hits.

She uses her spacetime technique to dodge Amon/Suzunabu, taking 10 to get a 36 on her Ninjutsu check in order to do so.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

Scowling, Yousuke quickly looks around the area for traces of Suneko before grumbling and turning toward the direction he came from. "I will head east and try to detect her chakra signature." Drawing away from the group, Yousuke dashes toward Camille's hiding place and plants on the side of the building. Breathing in concentration, Yousuke holds up his left hand in a half-seal to detect any signs of Suneko's chakra and opens his eyes and ears for any indication of her presence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not taking 10 because I don't think it's going to be enough. I'll just have to chance it this time around.
    Spot - (1d20+5)[9]
    Listen - (1d20+5)[6]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

The boy finds Camille where he had left her. She's no worse for wear, but seems a bit confused about the whole thing. She remains quiet and hidden unless spoken to, or unless beckoned.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

Finding no significant chakra signatures, save for Camille's Yousuke drops down to the floor beside her. "Her chakra is...certainly something else. Perhaps Cybele will be able to shed some light on that front..." Breathing a sigh of relief, Yousuke beckons Camille closer to him. Suneko was nowhere in sight but at least Camillle was safe for now. Hopefully his allies were having better luck on that front. "I apologize for the wait, Camille-san. I hope your wait was a pleasant one."

Gesturing to the way he came from, Yousuke continues, "My team is just around the corner. If you would follow me they would gladly see to your needs." Well, no guarantee on that but if the girl was indeed related to Cybele she definitely needed to see their sensei. Remembering the girl's difficulty breathing Yousuke adds, "Or perhaps you would rather I carry you to them?"
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-09-18 at 12:46 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

The girl shakes her head. "It was no trouble, Yousuke-sama. I was just worried about you and your friends." When Yousuke mentions his team, then she stands up and takes shake-y steps toward the direction he pointed in. When the sky-nin mentions being carried, she simply blushes deeply and shakes her head. "I-I will be fine." She follows Yousuke unless stopped, and the pair arrive quickly.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

At the sound of the honorific, Yousuke coughs uncomfortably and blushes. "Y-you don't have to refer to me as such Camille-san. I am not nearly as worthy as you deem me to be." It was flattering really, but something about it made him feel intensely uncomfortable inside. Swallowing nervously he turns away from her to hide his embarassment but notices her unsure movements and turns back around. Still blushing, Yousuke takes her hand and leads her back to the group. "If you need my help do not hesitate to ask," he says, keeping his gaze leveled on the ground.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground

As soon as Suneko vanishes, Suzanabu tuts loudly and dashes towards toe west-most building in the square, climbing it with the tree climbing technique. "You coward, come back, I wanted to use this technique to take a decent shot at you, dammit. I never got to PUNCH your stupid face, even Houshi got to punch you!" Once at the top, she gives a quick look around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20-1)[14]
    Listen (1d20)[13]

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ettin in the Playground

Suzunabu looks around at the building's top, clearly annoyed. She's going to run away, then what? Nothing else for it.... Suzunabu senses chakra as best she can, focussing in spite of her radiant tiger-like chakra

30. - Top - End - #690

SamuraiGuy

Houshi shrugs, sheathing his blade, "We're not gonna find her. Too many variables, places above ground and she can teleport."