New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

DM

The cat just looks at Amon inquisitively. "Meow?" It clearly doesn't understand what Amon is talking about, nor does it seem to be making any effort to understand. The cat just sits and waits for the genin to move. Amon can sense that the cat still has a moderately strong chakra signature.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ettin in the Playground

"Damn, i wish you could speak." Amon goes about setting aside some things in her bag - removing her poisons to place them in her hidden pouch for example, making plenty of room as she leaves it open. Clasping her hands above the bag's mouth, she seems to invite teh cat to ride n the bag. "It's warm and fluffy in here, you know. You'll have to share a ride with Shanghai though, I'm afraid, but all her pointy accessories are stored in her box." Whether the cat hops in or not, she withdraws her mission scroll from the bag, and hands the bag (and possibly the cat) over to Houshi. "Stay here and keep an ear out. I'll be back in a minute, two tops."

With that and a pat on Houshi's shoulder, she quickly land hops after Yousuke.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon blows a minute or two fashioning some loose fabrics in her bag and around the forest into a makeshift hat, so she should run into Yousuke as he makes his way back with the leaf-nin

Amon confronts them in the trees, making her presence readily known as she spots them, their land hopping hard for even her to miss. She points to the leaf nin as they come before her. "We only need one tracker." Her gaze is heavy and dead, though her face blank save for her tear-strokes. Looking at their faces, her delusional ability to convince herself Kaede is okay or pleased with the situation disintigrates and she simply doesn't want to work with thme beyond what's necessary. "Which of you has had to watch a friend die?" she asks.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-12 at 03:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Yousuke and the three leaf genin meet Amon less than a scant hundred feet away from the camp. When Amon talks the leaf-nin immediately refuse without any sort of time to think about it. Jun in particular speaks on the matter. "You may only need one, but that doesn't matter to me. We just ran into a few Garou scouts, so I know there are enemy ninja operating in this forest. Last time you ran into the Garou you brought Yousuke to me in that condition, so I'm not leaving one of my teammates behind knowing you lot can't protect them."

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

"If it's a matter of competency, fine," Amon says dryly. She holds up her mission scroll, presenting it to show it was harmless, before tossing it into the hands of whoever cared to catch it. "Since you're obviously having no trouble with the Garou, deal with them yourself. My courtesy has run dry dealing with you people," Amon snarls. Whym no, how can Yousuke be so calm around them? Around her? It dawns on Amon how brutal she is acting, but can hardly stop her feelings on the matter, not when it's so soon after.

She goes as far as to say out loud her grudge, her bewildered rage. If not interrupted, she rants. "If we had killed your sensei or your jounin or your friend, you would rightfully brand us as enemies. I don't imagine you would let us leave the forest unscathed, so why do you not view us as threats? Why should we accept you when you would never do the same - when you were willing to attack us for a lie, no. I know why. It's because you hold all the cards. It's because you're strong, strong enough to push us around, to treat us like nothing..." Her voice becomes more manic the more she speaks, the more everything from the day collapses back into her mental scars, until by the end of that tirade she's screaming - with a throwing back of her head, her new layer of tears spray out. As she finishes though, her strength fades and she puts her hands to her eyes, trying not to sob where they can see her, trying to mask it as grunts of rage - and frankly failing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edited out dialogue:
    "Konpaku, let's go before you accidentally make friends."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-12 at 04:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Jun shakes her head. She doesn't even try to catch the scroll, and casually steps out of the way. "That's not our problem. We're here to help you, but that doesn't extend to doing your job for you."

The leaf-nin don't interrupt when Amon goes off on her rant. Mako gives the sky-nin an understanding look, and seems a bit melancholic when Amon claims they would treat her as an enemy. Jun and Koji are more blank-faced and stand-offish while the sky-nin goes through her entire spiel. Once Amon finishes the leaf-nin wait until she stops crying completely, then Mako explains.

"If you had killed Sanagi-sensei, then we'd certainly be upset. But one of our Hokages taught us that revenge only breeds revenge. If we killed you, then we would make enemies with those who called you friend. We would have to kill them, or be killed by them. And either we would make more enemies, or your friend would make enemies with our people. Either way, holding that grudge will just result in more deaths." Mako looks to Yousuke. "Sanagi-sensei tried to her best to capture your friend rather than kill him, but he chose to fight and die. Can we rightly be blamed for his choice?"

Mako's little speech is left on its own, until Jun looks to Amon and shrugs. "Besides. We didn't want to apprehend you because you lied to us. We wanted to apprehend you because Kaede Uchiha was a criminal back home. He kidnapped his sister, attacked his parents and his brother, and betrayed Konohagakure's secrets to Iwagakure. We assumed you were in league with him. Why else would you hide your relation to an S-class criminal? If you hadn't hid things from us, then maybe things would have went differently."

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke remains quiet during the exchange with a thoughtful expression on his face. He had been in Amon's place hadn't he? He, had fortunately, had Youki to guide him back to the light. His teammate did not have this luxury meaning it was up to him. Leveling a gaze on Amon coldly he begins, "Then give up."

Staring Amon down sternly, he continues, "If a single life lost has affected you so, you may as well give up your career as a kunoichi now. The life of a shinobi is one wrought of hardships and I have made peace with that." He lacked Youki's strong guiding hand but for the purposes of the mission, he would be enough.

"What happened to Kaede was a shame but if you wish to take your petulant anger too far you may regret your words when the times comes for you to reflect upon them, Yamana-san. We lost. It happens. Failure comes, and it should be remembered, but one cannot dwell on it. We learn, grow, and move on; or give up."

He would take his grandfather's lesson a step further though, as was customary in the clan. Drawing the sword deliberately and ceremoniously, he holds it in a firm grip, readied to slash at some imagined entity. "As human beings we are troubled by the past, struggle with the present, and worry for the future. It is simply in our nature to be plagued by these insecurities, despite our transient life spans."

Returning his gaze to Amon, Yousuke softens his eyes but does not relinquish his blade. "My sword is a reflection of my soul but it alone, cannot accomplish anything at all. The past cannot be cut. The precise present cannot be reached...as we have seen today. That being the case however, the path I can clear with my sword is...the forever continuing future."

Smirking, he continues in a reflection of his grandfather even tone. "While a man yet lives, he is never nothing. Though he may at first swing his sword wildly, and without cause, there will surely come a time that he will desire carve his existence upon the world."

In a flourish, he sheathes the blade while retaining eye contact with Amon. "Look bravely to new horizons and sever your doubts. Carve a path for your own future, the village's future, and for the sake of your loved ones."

Bowing, he regards the Konoha team with apologetic eyes, "I am sorry you had to hear my half-hearted attempt at philosophy. It seems I have called upon your aid rashly and against the wishes of my teammate. If she does not wish to be in your presence I am afraid I have brought you here for nothing."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sh-shut up... don't talk like you understand..." Amon responds to Mako's talk of the cycle of violence. Despite her words, she does seem just a little less crude, though her voice is still shaky and she's frankly embarrassed to be seen crying by these people. Mako's feelings, good bad, true and false, are still felt by Amon a little - in fact, her making any effort at discussing with her only makes Amon more confused, egging on her tangents - even now that she's cried herself too dry to afford such outbursts. "It's not that she killed him... how can you be so detached..." Amon mumbles incomprehensibly, digging her fingers into her forehead as she does so. "I... I..."

Her fumbling is interrupted by Yousuke, who does well to hold her attention, even if his sword analogies do seem to leave her a bit bewildered. His initial statement holds far more weight though, an uncomfortable shiver coming from her at the suggestion to quit, and a biting of the lip at lives lost and moving on. "I can't... He wasn't my first." She gulps, gathering herself a little, standing her full height. "I made a promise, though no one heard it, it was more a decision. But I decided I would inherit the will of those who sacrificed themselves before. If I quit as a kunoichi then... then...then how will I be forgiven?"

Amon falls silent as Yousuke finishes. Digging out her headband, she reverses its position, her plate of Soragakure pointing away, the knot in her eyes, intentionally covering her now bone-dried out eyes. "I'm sorry, Yousuke... I'm a bother to you, I know. I asked you to get the leaf-nin so we could complete our mission, but I can't help getting overwhelmed." She turns away, and walks VERY slowly at first towards Houshi. "Just... do what you think is right. You're the sanest one here, I leave it in your hands, Yousuke..."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-12 at 05:29 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke frowns when the burden of decision falls upon his shoulders but sighs, knowing that no one else would rise to the occasion. Closing his eyes resignedly he gives his answer, "Given your emotional state, I do not think it wise to continue on the mission." There was only so much torment a ninja could take after all and Amon was already weak in that regard. Ideally a commander would be able to identify chinks in his team's composition and remedy them before they became an issue. He would need to do the same here.

"However," he says as he snaps open his eyes, "I refuse to let this mission end as a failure. If you cannot stomach much more, return to the village with Houshi and remain there until I return. If you wish to retreat then I alone will oversee the mission's completion." He couldn't expect Amon to travel by herself after all. It would hurt to lose Houshi in a fight but in the long run it was negligible if their Konoha allies were there to cover for his loss.

"If you truly wish to inherit the will of your fallen allies then see to this mission's success and wear your headband properly, as a proud kunoichi as Soragakure," he concludes authoritatively, gesturing to his own headband.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Houshi was left there, holding the cat. He scratched its chin and behind its ear, "Hmm... I know she asked already but it was hard to tell but can you follow the bad people that were here?"

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Houshi

The cat looks at the giant genin inquisitively. "Meow?"

11. - Top - End - #1061

SamuraiGuy

"Yeah, didn't think so." He rubs his chin a moment, "Meow." He tries righting his request in the dirt, maybe it could read.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Houshi

The cat looks at the writing in the dirt, then back to Houshi. "Meow?"

13. - Top - End - #1063

SamuraiGuy

"That's a negative." He looks down at the cat, "So you're useless. Just like any other house cat but you seem to understand that I'm trying to tell you something. You're just not getting the message. Hmmm... then why even leave you behind then. What is your objective?"

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

"Kunoichi or not.... with the evens of today I'm finding it hard to care about this mission. Not just after having it put into such a perspective." Despite her words, she grabs her bandanna, lazily but surely rotating it around her head to face the plate forward as she picks up the pace back to Houshi, hoping to do something to hide the cat at least. "Grabbing Cybele and trying again tomorrow might have been acceptable, you know. And we had a last request to carry out in this case too. But i won't leave, not while even one of us stays. I already lost one friend today, Yousuke. And you already died once..."

Amon dashes a little, aiming to return to the cat before the leaf-nin see it. "Houshi, put him in here," she instructs, opening her bag wider. "They might kill us for all I know otherwise. Don't be afraid kitty, just give it a few minutes until I make them go away somehow... We should just go home. The money isn't that important to me, after all."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-12 at 07:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1065

SamuraiGuy

He picks up the cat if it allows him tp, "What? Why? It's a cat. It can't even understand us. What information could they possibly get out of it? I would like to see someone interrogate a cat."

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The cat allows itself to be picked up without complaint. Well, it meows at Houshi, but it doesn't sound like a complaint.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon facepalms. "They're almost to the clearing, don't be stupid. They don't have to ASK it anything to know it's important. The cat has SHARINGAN for god's sakes, if anyone can identify it as significant it will be the Uchiha - they'll know more about it than we do ad we'll be screwed. They wanted to capture Kaede and if the cat means what I think it means, what I hope it does, then they might just do that. Now stop being stupid and let me hide the cat. Also it has the chakra signature of a decently powerful genin, so it would stick out like a sore thumb even if it didn't have Kaede's exact eyes."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-12 at 07:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1068

SamuraiGuy

Houshi quirks a brow at Amon, "And can your bag hide chakra signatures?" He kicks her, right in the shin, "What'd I tell you about that? Anyway, I'll let the cat decide. It's that smart at least." He puts it down and walks away, "You're on your own. Screw it, I'm going home. Don't get yourself killed."

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The cat just sits down where it was dropped. It just waits as the leaf-nin arrive on the scene. The cat turns when Yousuke and the leaf-nin arrive. "Meow!" The cat cries when it sees Yousuke, and then gets up and starts walking toward him. Jun kneel down when the cat gets closer. The leaf-nin reaches out with one hand and wiggles a finger to get the cat's attention. The cat stalks over, wiggles its tail, then leaps at her hand to attack. Jun smiles.

"Aww. He's cute. Where'd you find the kitty?" The cat and Jun play together for awhile, while Mako looks toward Amon and Houshi. The Hyuuga girl looks a bit confused, and remarks to the two sky-nin.

"What's wrong with you guys? I mean... I know you don't like us, but if we're going to be working together then we should at least try to be cordial." The Hyuuga girl puts a hand on her hip. Koji doesn't pay any attention to the situation, and just waits for the group to get going.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-10-16 at 03:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1070

SamuraiGuy

Houshi shakes his head, "Honestly, I have no problem with any of you. Except you..." He points at the Uchiha, "You give off a ****-ish vibe. Just sayin' man. I know **** happens but if you let it get to you, things just get worst. As for the cat..." He motions to Amon with a straight face.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Jun just keeps playing with the cat. She doesn't seem to have noticed the sharingan yet, despite looking at the cat, picking it up, and playing with it pretty closely. She's too absorbed in playing with the cat to notice the argument brewing in the distance.

Koji shrugs. "And you're any better? The Uchiha adopts a mocking tone of voice. ""Oh, hey, we could use your help. But we won't tell you about the S-class criminal we hang out with. Nevermind that you're searching for that criminal's brother, or that he kidnapped a member of your clan. Oh man, why are you guys so upset? We were just lying to cover for that scumbag. No big deal, right?"" Koji scoffs at Houshi.

"And you have the audacity to call me a **** when you were hiding the ******* who kidnapped my aunt? I'm a ****, but you can cover for a traitor just fine? **** you. If Mako wasn't such a bleeding heart I'd have killed you in the forest the moment--"

"Enough!" Mako stops Koji from going any further, because his emotions were clearly getting the better of him. The Uchiha scoffs again, then moves away from the group.

"I don't have time to waste helping people who can't even handle their own missions." He turns to go deeper into the forest. "I'm going to find Daisuke."

"Koji, wa--" Mako reaches out to stop him, but Koji cuts her off before she can say anything more.

"That includes you, Mako." Koji storms off, and does not stop if called to.

22. - Top - End - #1072

SamuraiGuy

Houshi shrugs, "Called it. Also, I already told you I didn't know he was a S-rank criminal. And yes, you are still a **** if can't accept that. Buh-Bye."

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Mako turns to Houshi. "You ass. Do you get off on being a jerk or something?" She immediately chases after Koji.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke buries his head in his palms and lets out a long suffering sigh. Nothing could ever be easy with his team, not even simple things like talking to other people. How was it that he, the friendless jerk in the Academy, know more about dealing with people than his much friendlier allies. Why were his teammates so incorrigible at the very worst of times. Amon who apparently had so many deep-seated emotional issues that she blew up at most everything they encountered on the mission thus far. And then there was Houshi who had so many chips on his shoulder it was honestly a surprise that he had not challenged the Uchiha to a fight himself.

"I am going after the two of them to smooth things out." Turning to his two teammates he points threateningly and growls, "You two! Do not go anywhere. And by no means do either of you open your mouths to speak." Growling impotently into the air, Yousuke dashes into the forest after Mako and Koji.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

25. - Top - End - #1075

SamuraiGuy

Houshi shakes his head, "No but he apparently really likes being a ****! When he's ready to vent some of that pent up anger bring'em back here and I'll straighten him out."

Houshi waves off Yousuke's threat, "Big words from the little man. When you get back, you can try and make me!"

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

Scoffing, Yousuke departs and acknowledges Houshi's immature petulance with a roll of the eyes.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Between the fighting going down and the heated words being exchanged Jun is left to play with the cat. She's successfully shut out the arguing in favor of the tiny world she's constructed between herself, the cat, and her dog. She's somehow taught the cat how to balance on top of Houki's head, and is in the process of teaching it how to stand up on its back paws. Houki looks rather irritated about the whole mess, but doesn't complain too much since Jun had asked it of him.

---

Yousuke finds Mako and Koji arguing in the forest. The Hyuuga girl is physically blocking Koji's forward advance, and the Uchiha leaf-nin is on the verge of physically shoving her out of the way. "Move out of my way", Koji shouts, "or I'll move you."

Mako holds her arms out in front of the boy, and prevents him from just running past. She seems to glare at the Uchiha, but his actions back at the makeshift camp wouldn't be reason enough for her to be angry. "Koji. Koji! Think about this. If you run off then I'll have to stay with you, and Jun will be all by herself. Do you want that?"

Koji growls. "That's low. But Jun's got Houki to take care of her. Now move!" Koji tries to shove Mako, but she's physically stronger and agile enough to retain her footing. Koji only succeeds in wasting energy, but he does gain a bit of ground against the Hyuuga wall.

"Even Houki can't do anything if he's surrounded by enemies." Mako retorts immediately, but Koji won't have any of it. He tries to shove Mako again, but she doesn't budge at all this time.

"You..." Koji clicks his tongue, then turns around. He seems to have given up getting past her, but doesn't make any move to return to the group. "I don't need this, and I don't need you." Mako looks a bit hurt at that, but steels her resolve before Koji sees the effect his words have. The Uchiha carries on. "Go back and watch her. I'll be fine on my own."

"No." "Yes!" "No!"

Koji summons all his anger and strength to shove Mako one final time, and the Hyuuga girl loses her balance. She lands hard on her rear, and yelps at the sudden fall. Koji just glares down at her, but slowly comes to the realization that he's pushing around his teammate. He lets out a disgusted grunt at his own actions, then just starts walking past Mako. "Go back. Let me go." Mako just sits there and doesn't try to stop him anymore.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke watches the entire exchange with a grimace on his face, uncomfortable with the thought of interrupting the emotionally charged altercation. This changes, however, when Koji shoves Mako to the ground and flees. Feeling guilty for his non-action, Yousuke runs in to kneel by Mako's side, eyes closed in shame. "I would not have bothered your team had I realized how ruinous my team would be toward your own." Turning toward the direction that Koji disappeared into, he asks, "Would you like me to g-" Ending his question abruptly, Yousuke sighs and forces his gaze onto the dead leaves littering the forest floor. Was this what it was like leading a bunch of teenagers into missions? If that was the case, then his heart went out to both Cybele and Kaede. Nobody did as they were told and for whatever reason, took great offense with he reprimanded them for their immaturity. "I am not yet thirteen years of age. I should not be the one telling the six foot tall genin that he is being immature..." he thinks bitterly.

Was he the only reasonable one left on his team? First Amon told him to salvage the mission by requesting the aid of the Konoha team. He had done with complicity. And then, for whatever reason, used their second chance to blow up at them and reveal her intentions of abandoning the mission. And then of course, Houshi had to take formal complaint with Koji's less than friendly attitude, leaving both teams in a mess. Cupping his face in exhaustion, Yousuke sinks to both knees and buries his face and arms into his own lap.

Looking at Mako regretfully he says, "Just take your team and leave, Mako-san. My tea-No. I have done enough damage to your team. I had foolishly believed myself capable of leading my team toward but against my better efforts they do not wish to be led."

Casting his eyes back toward the ground he says delicately, "Scream at me. Strike me. Curse my family. I am well deserving of your anger, so do not hold back your ire."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-13 at 04:43 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon recoils from Houshi's blow rather badly, groaning as she leans against a tree. "Ow, what the hell, man, don't you know your own strength, why would you do that..." From that distraction she barley notices the cat until it already in Jun's grasp. She watches in horror, waiting for the inevitable moment where the jig was up - stupid Houshi, what are you thinking - but it never seems to come. It leaves her on edge until the moment Houshi engages Koji in a verbal warfare - something she had hardly anticipated from him, her eyes actually opening fully in some degree of surprise - both at his continued aggression and how badly the otherwise bland Uchiha was taking it. Though she hardly thinks it wise, nor conceives of a way to put a stop to it until well after he storms off.

Amon bites her lip as Mako and Yousuke follow after him. Every time she talked today she made everything worse and she was just calm enough to realise how overwhelmed with irrationality she was acting - for now, Yousuke was her base, her anchor of sanity - a title that until that moment Houshi had proudly bore.

Amon can hardly help herself as Houshi shouts taunt and challenges at EVERYONE as they leave. Tugging at his sleeve, she asks him, whispering with worried eyes "Houshi, why do you want to fight so badly? Why are you so angry? I'm sorry for everything, just... just stop being so angry, please. Y-you're scaring me." Something about Houshi's aggression seems to hold a mirror up to her own rage, dispensing it some. They hardly needed two furious irrational ninja on the team at the same time, and some part of her recognised that rage as her previous downfall. Taking his arm, she hugs it as best she can. "If you want to go home, let's at least do it together... okay? We're still friends after all, right?" At the word, friend, her grip tightens a little,as if afraid he would pull away.

After a minute or so of watching the cat try to balance, she finally accepts it as having the mind of an ordinary cat. I wonder... did Kaede write that note before or AFTER Sanagi drew the conclusion he was dead? For it to be buried like that... either he had a technique he used at the time of death or he swung around and did it afterwards somehow. How then... Amon's head begins to clear the more she manages to calm down. She was still bargaining with her grief, but the hope he was still alive was too hard to resist. "Here, Houshi, since you don't want to work with them, I'll... I'll gather up everything for Yousuke coming back, okay? How about a bet with faith - if he comes back with just Mako, we'll try the mission before we leave. No, taht's too much to ask of you based solely on chance, I'm sorry..."

Amon begins walking through the clearing over to Jun's side, limping where Houshi struck her leg as she goes, clearly no master of taking hits as she crouches down with her, spreading her arms for to invite the cat to leap into them. She was not nearly so good with animals as Jun clearly was. "What is it with you, then," she remarks, not even questioning, her tone utterly neutral and even as she keeps herself controlled - not exactly sure how to act like or fool herself into thinking she's terribly fond of the other team so instead expressing nothing. "You're good enough with animals to teach my pet something yet ignore it as your team seems to fall apart thanks to our uncordial input." She sighs. "Come, kitty." She looks Jun in the eye a moment, not sure what to make of her. "Aren't you going to go with him? Storming off like that in hostile territory never ends well..."

They only needed one, sure, but it was clear between Amon and Houshi on this team, cooperating with the other team simply wasn't an option - with Houshi (of all people) being the way he was at that moment, even if Amon bucked up they simply couldn't gel with the other team for even the simplest things.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-13 at 11:28 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

Mako doesn't look up at Yousuke as she sits there. Instead her pale eyes just drift to the ground, and she sighs. "I-I don't know." Mako begins to tear up as small droplets of water gather at the corners of her eyes. Her voice cracks a little as she goes on. "I-I didn't sign up for this. Jun casually dismisses me whenever I ask for her assistance. Koji will disregard any attempt to correct him. Sanagi rarely choses to support us, but whenever she choses to do so then she dominates the situation." Mako abandons her more flowery speech in favor of honest words choked by sobs. "I-I'm sus-supposed to grow in-into a leader. Like Grandma. I-I'm supposed to be Hokage! B-But I-I'm not a leader! I-I don't know how to d-deal with these people! I can't... I..." Mako draws both of her legs up into a sitting fetal position. She lets her head droop down to rest on her knees, and her hair obscures her face.

"J-just go away."

Amon and Houshi

Jun seems to ignore Amon until the girl gets closer and actually speaks. The cat naturally ignores Amon's attempts to woo it, and instead leaps onto Jun's head when the sky-nin calls it over. The cat focuses both its Sharingan on Amon's nose as it meows at the sky-nin. Jun takes the cat's presence and weight in stride, and stands up whilst perfectly balancing the cat. It sits on top of her head like a statue, and the leaf-nin just reaches up to pet it slightly while she talks. "Oh, hey. I didn't notice you there. What do you mean what's with me?" When Amon talks about her team falling apart Jun finally looks around. She doesn't see either Mako or Koji, and a concerned look falls across her face. When Amon calls the cat a second time, it just looks at her and meows. It's clearly not getting down anytime soon. Jun sighs. "I leave them alone for two minutes and they sneak off to make out somewhere."

Jun looks back to Amon, and seems rather confused when the other girl mentions Koji storming off. "What're you talking about? Mako's probably trying to find the Garou for you, and Koji likely followed her around like the love-struck puppy he is." The leaf-nin finally reaches up and takes the cat in both hands. She strokes its head, looks it straight in the eye, and smiles at the little guy. "He's cute, but you never did say where you found him." She looks to Amon when she says this, and carries on. "I mean. Cats aren't exactly feral around here, so he had to come from somewhere. And you didn't have one on you back at the village. Either Houki or I would have smelled it if that was the case." Jun doesn't seem to have noticed where the other leaf-nin had gone off to, as if she had just emerged from her own little world. She casually pets the cat as she waits for Amon's response.