New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

DM

Yousuke's attack hits, and the pain causes Jun to jump up to a standing positio. She rubs her arm where Yousuke has cut her, and winces. Her teeth have sunk back into her mouth, and her fingernails have reverted to their normal--albeit well manicured--state. Houki also reverts back to normal, and becomes a shaggy brown dog once more. "Ooow.. What was--" Jun's question is overwhelmed by a blast of lightning from Amon, and the leaf-nin desperately tries to get out of the way.

Once the lightning bolt goes through Jun stands back up and looks at the source. "What the hell! We're on the same side here!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Jun's Ref Save: (1d20+5)[8]
    Houki's Ref Save: (1d20+7)[12]

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ettin in the Playground

Lightning still crackling from her outstretched finger like the smoking barrel of a gun, Amon's tear-spraying eyes glare at the self-ignorant kunoichi, her teeth clenched. Lowering her arm, she directs her digit towards Mako. "ARE WE?! SHE'S YOUR FRIEND, YOUR TEAM MATE, ISN'T SHE? What kind of a beast are you? Yousuke and me watched you about to tear into her even more - and Yousuke would have been next! How can you even..." Amon falls to her knees, the adrenaline leaving her as she pants. "...how... just... hah... you're a healer, aren't you? Why don't you do some healing.... I'm sure your injuries are nothing compared to what you might have inflicted..." she looks about ready to collapse - the only thing holding her back from subduing Jun further is her fatigue. She looks at Yousuke to confirm his condition. "Y-Yousuke... are you....?" she pants out, clutching her side.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-18 at 03:57 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The medic-nin looks to Yousuke, then to Mako behind her and at all the dead Garou. She takes a moment to take it all in, then shrugs and smiles. "You guys put in a lot of work. Good job." She throws an indiscriminate thumbs up toward Yousuke and Amon, then immediately sets to work healing Mako. The medic-nin doesn't seem any worse for wear, and doesn't react with the same fatigue or frustration as the others. In fact, she's just as chipper as she had been prior to ripping out the throats of three Garou with nothing but her fingernails. As soon as Mako starts being healed the Hyuuga wakes up, and tries to brush something out of her hair but Jun stops her from moving.

"You really went all out huh. You should take better care of yourself in the future." Mako just levels a harsh gaze at Jun, then sighs and lets it go as the medic-nin ignores her glare. Mako looks to Yousuke, then down to Amon.

"Is your friend alright, Konpaku-san? The big one, I mean." Jun looks at Yousuke.

"Oh, did the big guy get hurt? Does he need medical attention or something?"
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-10-18 at 04:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon stumbles, indicating with a finger the direction of Houshi's body. "Y-Yousuke... Houshi's back there with the cat.... I... I don't think i can move him like this, can you....?" Her face is red from the exercise and her leg straining where she hit the rgound a little bit too hard coming out of the tree. "I managed to get him stable, but he's still in a bad way... a lucky shot from one of the archers. I also knocked one of the garou out, so..."

Stumbling backwards, Amon quickly goes to collect Shanghai, but doesn't take her eyes off of Jun. "D-don't ignore me... how can you act so intent on killing us one second then the next be all smiles? You're.... you acted like a monster, how can you be oblivious to that? To lose control and then... That you were going to kill us even after fighting the Garou? Your mouth is still filled with blood and bits of flesh from what I see, yet you.... yet you..." Wheezing, Amon veers out as she picks up the doog, stuffing her equipment back to where it should be.

Shaking her head, Amon heads in the general direction of the target, looking for the prisoner. "Just... just keep healing then."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-18 at 04:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Jun looks at Amon a bit surprised, then rubs her mouth. Sure enough her hand come away bloody, and she looks at it as if it were an alien creature. She sighs, then shakes her head. She looks at Mako with soft eyes. "I blacked out, didn't I?"

Mako nods.

Jun lowers her head, and doesn't look at anyone as she continues to heal Mako. She talks, but doesn't move otherwise. "Yousuke-chan? Did I...? H-How..." She can't finish the words, but it's fairly obvious that she wants to know about what happened while she was "blacked out". Regardless of Yousuke's answer she continues to heal Mako, but does so with small rivers of tears running down her cheeks.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon calms down as she sees Jun exhibit some remorse. She'd just explained what had happened, yet she didn't acknowledge any of it until it was staring her in the face. She nods to Yousuke, leaving Jun to him.

With her equipment locked down, Amon quickly goes to look around for the Garou prisoner - or as quick as her dense as lead feeling legs would allow

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's see if this kid is bloodline user or just, like, a kid.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-18 at 04:31 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ettin in the Playground

Clearing her throat as she searches, Amon looks around. She shouts between pants to alert the prisoner to their presence. "Hey, kid? We came to rescue you - the old farmer hired us to drive off the Garou. We're not in the best way right now, but if you come gather with us we should be able to get you to safety. Sorry I don't sound so confident, just... don't be afraid, okay?" Realsing a deficiency in her abilities of detection, Amon closes her eyes, forming a hand seal to begin focussing on sensing out life as she continues searching

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon senses chakra as she searches out to a radius of 30 feet
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-18 at 04:52 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

Amon

Amon doesn't hear any response. When she goes further she finds the kid sitting on the ground in front of a tree. His thin limbs are bound by iron-wire tied around his wrists. The wire loops around the tree and holds his arms above his head. He's been physically abused, and has a multitude of bruises. The young man is bleeding from both his eyes, and they're tightly shut. He seems to be wearing some kind of peasants outfit, and the stitching reminds Amon of the same kind of sewing that had been used back in Sonada Village.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon bites her lip when she sees him, trying to hold back her disgust. She had known to expect as much, but... She approaches him, pulling out a med kit, keeping a kunai on standby to cut him down if need be. "It'll be alright..." she says softly. "Just hold on, okay? I'm a medic, I'll get you out of here, you'l get by, okay? Just don't move too much, okay?" She does her best to be tender with him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Treat Injury to check how badly hurt he is. I take 10 for 17.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon recoils at that odd burn in the back of her head, her eyes widening as she approaches the boy. She feels like she'll hurl all of a sudden and does her best to try not to think about it, to let it slip by. Some sense of danger is about her though, about this boy, no matter what... Was he really from Sonada? "Uchiha... they are a tricky bunch." She uses a basic sensing technique purel as a way to stabilise her thoughts, not really caring what the results are

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon senses chakra

With a deep breath, she dismisses it all, with a rationale known only to her.

Producing a kunai, she cuts him down without comment, pocketing the blade again as she catches him, dragging him back to the group. Looking sombre as she buckles under the weight, she does her best no to cause him any more harm as she leaves him next to Jun, as part of the healing pile, before taking a seat nearby, breathing deeply. She hoped to make conversation but now seemed like a poor time with these two - though the silence was already eating away at her. "One more for you... the Garou sure are sick, huh?"
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-18 at 05:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke gazes compassionately at the guilt-ridden form of Jun and wonders how he can answer her as delicately as possible. "I am uninjured and you have not done any lasting harm to our allies. Be at ease and pay it no mind, Jun-san." In fact, he is feeling so compassionate that he does not bother to correct her when she calls him Yousuke-chan. "It just figures Konoha has a clan full of berserker feral-nin in their armed forces..." Yousuke runs his hand through his hair in frustration as he looks at the clearing Amon emerged from. "I should retrieve my ally before he accidentally rolls over and suffocates the cat."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon nods to Yousuke as she heads off to look for the prisoner. "I can't remember if I told the cat to attack, so be careful, okay?" she jokes in counter to Yousuke's own.

---
    present time
    ---

If neither Mako nor Jun seem too talkative, Amon goes to find the Garou girl that Shanghai's poison knocked out at the start of the fight, in the North-East clearing. She'll remove her mask and drag her back to the group - along with any other living Garou. At this point, her mood was dampened enough that she pays no heed to the two suicide victom-swordsmen as she passes them now.

There was only death this day
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-18 at 05:48 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Jun's silent tears are ignored by Mako. Whether out of compassion or some kind of petty pseudo-vengeance is up in the air. Regardless of her reasoning, the Hyuuga leaf-nin just lays there in complete silence. When Amon returns, the Hyuuga girl looks toward her. She sees the boy's missing eyes, then squints. "But... That's not how the Garou steal bloodlines." Mako shakes her head. "Someone else did that to him. The Garou would only take his heart, and use their blood sorcery to fuse it with their princess."

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon's eyes eyes widen at the news. She already knew that on some level... stealing the eyes was unnecessarily brutal, after all. "Maybe then... he went through another set of hands before the Garou could tend to him?" Amon suggests, trying to think without thinking - or think how to not think in any case. "Thinking of bloodline users like treasure, then a pirate who first discovers a chest can never be fully trusted not to steal a few gems. Though if those gems were only acceptable currency in one land, the captain might not even care as long as he gets the gold," she spews out, though her theory is clear.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Troll in the Playground

Confused by the statement, Yousuke asks, "But who would take a peasant's eyes? It is not as though he belonged to a bloodline, correct? For what purpose would someone, much less the Garou, want with a commoner's eyes? And that only begs the question, what did the Garou want with him in the first place." They were clearly out of their depth at the moment, though this did not particularly surprise Yousuke much at all. All of their missions to date had been permeated by strange occurrences and unlikely happenstance.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ettin in the Playground

"Either sadism or he isn't a mere commoner. It is no coincidence that this whole day they have talked of the Red Eyes, so perhaps..." Amon stands. "Get me a second opinion on how he was subdued, will you?" she asks Jun. "Go grab Houshi and Taro. If you want the answer to some of those questions, Yousuke, I know just who to ask."

Amon quickly heads over to where her own battle began, there to retrieve the lucky girl who got hit by Shanghai's blade. Exhausted, she hauls her nonetheless. "Stupid feral, making me waste all my chakra for nothing...."

Amon returns within a minute with the young Garou girl, the only one still alive, setting her down next to the tortured boy. "Help me bind her and we'll see about interrogation." Amon removes the girls mask, getting a good look at her first off

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ettin in the Playground

"Since everyone but us seems to know," Amon remarks as she binds their new prisoner-Garou's hands and feet and discards her mask. "Why don't you fill us in on this Princess and their blood sorcery?" she asks the leaf-nin.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Jun's non-responsive when Amon first asks, but a second questioning drags her back to reality. She wipes her eyes, sniffles, then looks toward Amon. "U-Uh... Sorry, uh, sure. Sure." Jun looks over the young boy, then looks to Amon. "Uh. His eyes were removed surgically. Whoever did it had plenty of time, and some medical knowledge. A lot of it, because the only incisions I can see are here." She points toward two tiny cuts where the boy's tear ducts should have been.

---

When Amon unmasks the girl she finds out that the Garou is a husky blond. Her eyes are closed, and her hair's a mess. She looks no older than twelve. She doesn't seem to be any worse for wear considering how she was knocked out, but Amon can see bruising along her legs and thighs that wasn't done by Shanghai.

---

When Amon asks her question Mako responds calmly. "They're monsters. The legend goes that, during the upheaval after the rise of the Sage of the Six Paths, the Garou's ancestors attacked a wolf deity who had signed the summoning pact. They killed him, and took his flesh, and used forgotten magic from the age of legends to bind his heart into that of their queen. From then on, their Queen carried the wolf god's blood, and through her the Garou gained his strength. But they also gained his hunger, and the Garou clan began hunting humans. They eat those without special skills or bloodlines, and capture those who do have them. The captured people are then brought to their future Queen, and she consumes their hearts in order to gain their powers."

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke frowns, not at the 'peculiarities' of the Garou but at the direction they remaining clansmen had fled to. "We can discuss this at greater length when we return to Sonada." They were practically inviting another assault by standing out in the open like this. Both teams were currently missing an ally, three of them were almost completely out of chakra, and one of their number was still unconscious.

"Disarm the girl. Retrieve anything that could potentially be used as a weapon and search her clothes for anything dangerous to both herself and to us. Tie her up and take extra care when binding her arms," he says, gesturing to the blonde Garou girl. The Garou thus far seemed to be extremely willing to take their own lives to avoid capture, meaning they could likely expect the same from the young girl. "The Garou know where we are and we are currently in in no condition to retaliate should they return to finish the job."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ettin in the Playground

"An expert moving at their leisure..." Amon comments on hearing Jun's analysis. "This person wasn't captured today then, not in their raids. ..." She curls up a bit against a tree. Looking the captured girl over and finding the bruises, she tries to fathom some meaning there.

Amon nods in appreciation of Mako's mythos knowledge. "Absorbing the power fo the wolf deity and beyond that... their Queen would have to be incredibly powerful from consuming all that power by now then, right?" She looks around more as a gesture than anything else. "Do you think she would be in these woods? Even if she isn't, leaving them is our safest option now..."

Amon produces a roll of iron wire, tossing it to Yousuke. "One minute, I'll get 'im," she pants as she stands, going to retrieve Houshi. Bending down, she tries to call in the way Jun had to ask Taro to ome with her. "Looks like you did a good job, Taro-sama. Now that you've protected my comrade, let's go get him on his feet, okay?"

Amon quickly returns, Taro following her as she drags Houshi, heaving if no one helps her, ultimately bringing him to rest in the growing pile of the wounded. "Do what you can to get him on his feet.... I'm running quite low on chakra, personally." Amon forms a chakra scalpel, the energy cascading like a small blade - a symbol of her training. "Need help with anything though? I'm not very good, but... am I the only one of the opinion this child is a dojutsu user? There's no other reason to keep the eyes so carefully and well preserved then hand his carcass, heart and all to the Garou. Why did they beat him so badly though..."

Turning to Mako, she asks, "Any theory as to why they all seem to be children when they were not reported as children? An all-child division perhaps...?"

At Yousuke's analysis, Amon nods. "Couldn't have said it better myself. Here, help me tie her." She begins binding the girl

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon takes 10 Searching her for weapons and other things for 15

Roll for me o determine how well she's tied or something. if the appropriate check is anything except Mechanics, better leave Yousuke to it instead

"I'll revive her when we're back in town. In the meantime, if we get everyone as good as we can in a limited time, we can regroup at Sonada's farm. Yo never know - maybe this girl is who we're looking for? I hope so, since if Ueki was among the rets of the division then, well... If we weren't busy with certain other... parties fighting us, we could have pounced on the bow users before they escaped to tell the others of our presence. ... let's make this healing quick."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-18 at 07:37 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Jun

"No, I imagine he was captured sometime in the last couple of days. See here?" She points to the boy's cuts again, and more specifically to a series of tiny sutures. "These are barely scarring. He's only had surgery... sometime within the last week, I'd say." She sighs, then wipes her hands off. Then shrugs and looks to Houshi. "I'll give him some first aid and my last Cure Potion, but it probably won't get him walking. I can carry him back to Sonada, but someone will need to carry the boy." She points toward the unconscious Garou prisoner.

Mako

The Hyuuga girl gets up when Jun finishes healing her, then dusts herself off. She looks toward Amon and continues explaining. "I don't know. No one has seen their Queen, only their Princess. I surmise that the Queen is kept someplace safe until she passes, at which point the Princess ascends to her position. But that's just conjecture."

Mako looks at the corpses nearby. "As far as why they're children... I don't know. They're all our age. I... I don't know why someone would make them fight."

DM

Amon ties up the girl easily, as she cannot resist. Taro follows Amon quietly.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon ties up the girl as she asks, "What about the bruising the kid has... when do you think he received those wounds?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If we're using craft (mechanical) for the knot then I take 10, hitting 26

At the evaluation of the Garou being just children, Amon bites her lip. "Well... most new genin are their age, right? It's not like they're alone in making kids fight. Although training them to commit suicide rather than be captured... If we're falling the cycle of ascendancy that comes with a royal line and this Queen-Princess business, perhaps they absorb vassals that mirror that development? My skin-snatchers theory hasn't been shot down entirely you know... That bruising on the leg confounds me, on the girl, though."

Amon is still curled up, though ready to leave when everyone's on their feet. "I'll carry my prisoner here. When everyone can stand, we'll head back to Sonada farm." And so she did. "We'll have to be quick before tehir friends show up, though if we do then we'll only be in worse form if we rush..."

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

Jun

The girl shrugs. "Bruising is harder to place. Anytime between yesterday and the last week, I guess. Might have been the Garou, or maybe whoever transported him got in a fight with him. I can't say one way or another."

Jun moves over to the girl when the bruising is brought to her attention. She kneels down, and looks at it for a while. She turns her head to the side, narrows her eyes, then has a eureka moment. She rolls the girl onto her back, places her hands on the girl's thighs where the bruisers were, then raises the girls legs up. Jun rises up to her knees, and holds the girl's legs up with her fingers.

"It looks like... someone held her like this and..." Jun looks at the girl's position, realizes the only possible recourse involved in having her in that position, then carefully lays her legs back down. "I heard some horror stories, but... Really?"

Jun shakes her head, then goes about healing herself in order to proceed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jun heals herself for five minutes: (5d6+10)[33]

Mako

"I don't know how it is in Soragakure, but our team has undergone thirty menial labor missions, several teamwork exercises, and twenty bouts of sparring against Sanagi-sensei each before we were allowed on this mission. And even if we were hunting a chuunin, we weren't expecting lethal resistance." The leaf-nin remarks when Amon points out that genin are sent into battle as well. Mako motions toward the dead scattered around the battlefield. "Konoha just doesn't do stuff like this. Kids are sacred in our village. The future is sacred."

Mako sighs, but says nothing more on the matter. She casually picks up the wounded boy and carries him to Sonada.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ettin in the Playground

Transported him and fought him, huh? Hmm...

Spoiler
    Show
    Treat injury for second opinion on bruising (1d20+7)[27]

Or Knowledge (life and earth sciences). You know, in case you wanted such a roll. (1d20+10)[20]

Amon stares at the girl, following all the worst trains of thought in Jun's deduction, feeling a little sick as the worst one comes to mind. She doesn't voice it, instead letting it stew, actually feeling rather bad for their prisoner. Amon drags her prisoner-Garou to stand astride Mako as she goes.

Amon quietly lets Mako deliver her report on affairs in Konoha. "Ha, I would kill for a menial labour mission... I was on a dunce team of deadbeats before so we never got trusted with anything too important or challenging, but even then there's only so slack people can be in our village so even we still got the missions 'even that team could handle' if you understand my meaning. Also..." She thrusts a thumb towards Yousuke. "Him, though, he's just out the Academy. This is Yousuke's and Houshi's third mission - and we've only been a group for a fortnight. And our other missions were... well the first one is probably classified as a result of it being an international crisis, but let's just say we failed and we're lucky none of our allies died, including our Jounin - and that was all in the same day that i met my jounin, too so it's not like we had time to train for it or anything. And our second mission we fought an entire fortress full of rogue soldiers on their home turf, which is to say, a fortress. And Yousuke's only like... what are, you, thirteen?" Giving Yousuke a chance to answer, Amon then sighs. "Point is, we're not Konoha. What we consider a D-rank mission is probably pretty different from what Konoha would - we're a fledgling village without the infrastructure or reputation that the leaf has, we don't have enough pointless missions or enough ninja that even people fresh out of the Academy can afford to not pull their weight. Even after we failed our first mission we weren't discharged or anything, because we're so hard up for business that a team being taking off the bar for even a few weeks of discipline would be unacceptable."

She thinks for a moment. "Perhaps we're following some 'Sonia the Deathless' edict - 'if they can't make it on the hard missions, they were useless to us in the first place'. I'm not saying that's right or anything. i know I... I don't like seeing death," she pauses, "but I do agree. Children shouldn't be trained to kill themselves when a fight turns against them at the very least. i don't enjoy this kind of fighting. There's nothing heroic about it." There was an odd nervousness to her voice, some truth she had intended for kaede's ears trying to break through, though Mako wasn't the one to hear it.

Indicating to Yousuke and Taro to come, she extends a hand to shake Mako's, wordlessly for once. Her face stared at a spot a little to teh right of Mako. She didn't look like making amends was her top priority. Just that it was the right thing to do. After a moment whether Mako takes her hand or not, she says, "You fought well. Try to be more careful though. ... Amon Yamana."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-19 at 05:32 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

Mako

The girl looks at Amon, then nods. She can't shake hands since her arms are full with the unconscious boy that Amon brought back. "Hyuuga Mako." She waits a bit longer before continuing on. "Listen, I must apologize about the upsetting things I said back there. Koji's safety means a great deal to me, and I am worried that he is not safe. I blamed your friend for making him leave, and lashed out at you for your friend's transgressions. That was inappropriate, and for that I am regretful."

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon lowers her hand, acknowledging that Mako wante dto maintain her grip a little tighter than she herself seemed to - making Amon redouble her carrying efforts (trying not to buckle or look too weak). The girl might be important in her own right after all... You never know, right?

Amon looks confused for a moment, then gives a depressed gasp, a feigned smile appearing on her face, eyes forward, dutiful. "It's fine. Your words aren't what offended me anyway... Last time my sensei died, I was inconsolable for a year, though it's not like it was just him dying that did it... But I am hardly in my best state of mind right now, myself. I just wanted to take some stress out on something. And you're closer to the ground than Sanagi Bea, I'll just say..." Amon looks to the ground as she goes, though still tries to look like she's smiling. "I kind of needed to see you being mean anyway. For some reason I felt you treating me nicely to be provoking."

Trying to be a little more upbeat, she asks "So... have you asked him out yet?" The fight had only subdued her sadness from Kaede, and it was slowly returning; right now all she could do was distract herself form it. And from whatever THAT was back there in the woods, at least until they were back to safety. Yet though her eyes only spoke of her encroaching sadness as she glances at Mako, she gives a devilish smile of her good natured teasing.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-19 at 10:08 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ettin in the Playground

"I apologise on Houshi's account. I don't know what's gotten into him today, but Koji's not the only one he's showing uncharacteristic aggression to," Amon lifts her dress enough to show where Houshi struck her leg. "He's less mentally acclimated to being a ninja than I am, if only due to experience, so perhaps the stress got to him. Well, maybe getting an arrow in the chest will even out his perspective in some way - stranger things have happened."

She looks back to Yousuke, nodding as she silently tries to convey some means of strategy, though moreso hoping for him or Jun to grab Houshi so they could all get going

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke merely shrugs his shoulders at Amon's assessment. "For what purpose would you send two highly trained swordsmen into a fortress if they were not expected to slay the opposition? Placing Houshi and I on mundane tasks would be a severe misallocation of resources in my opinion." The very notion of a Konpaku clansmen serving his contract holder as a carpenter or household servant was ridiculous at best, how his cousins could bear that kind of life was truly astounding. "I did not think it so strange. My grandfather experienced his first kill when he was not much younger than I, after all."

The fact that Youki had been hailed as a prodigy even by Konpaku standards on the other hand, would conveniently be left out.

"And for your information, I will be turning 13 very shortly after we return from this mission." And then, he would prove to his mother just how thick his blood ran.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

"Huh, okay..." Amon remarks a little weirded out by how specifically intent Yousuke seemed to be for Amon to know he wasn't 13 just yet

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Mako doesn't respond to Amon's attempt at starting a conversation. She's clearly busy with her thoughts, and breaking out of them to talk to the sky kunoichi just didn't seem to be in the cards. Jun hefts Houshi fairly easily, and holds him over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes. She holds his head up in order to prevent the blood flow from getting blocked, but otherwise treats him exactly like a sack of potatoes. She doesn't talk either, probably because Amon had callously mentioned her frenzied activity, and forced the girl to withdraw into an introspective journey of self-guilt. Taro and Houki follow their respective owners, but otherwise make no conversation that anyone other than Jun would understand.

---

The trip takes almost half an hour by foot, but eventually the two groups of ninja arrive in Sonada Village. Just as before there are farmers in the fields, and just like before one of them runs off to the large central home in the village to fetch Sonada. After a few minutes the old man and his much younger daughter arrive with an old woman and a very young girl in tow. The old woman, old man, and woman are all carrying stretchers, while the young girl is carrying a bag with a big red plus sign on it. Sonada, Ueki, and the old woman lay out their stretchers and motion for the ninja to place their wounded on it. Mako and Jun oblige, but help carry the wounded via the stretcher anyway. After a few minutes, both groups are led to a large living room inside the large central house. Sonada and his daughter stand on one far wall watching the old woman and young girl tuck the injured into a trio of futons.

Sonada looks at Mako's damaged clothing, as well as the injuries of her companions, and sighs. "Are you alright young miss?"

Mako nods. "I am fine, Sonada-sama. Do not think that such minor inconveniences as the Garou would be enough to stop a leaf-nin. "

"Then", the old man says with a bit of hope in his voice, "you've defeated the Garou?"

Mako nods once more, then motions toward Amon and Yousuke. "Your employees provided us with substantial assistance, and I believe they are owed a reward for their success." With that said, Mako turns to leave. "I will be outside if you need me, Sonada-sama. I am certain my companions have things to talk about they would prefer to remain private." She walks out the front door unless stopped.

"Hm." The old man says with a slight frown on his face. He looks toward Amon and Yousuke, then nods. "Well, I believe you are to thank for the destruction of the Garou then. Did you find anything concerning my grand-daughter?"

Jun ignores the whole exchange between Sonada and the Hyuuga. At the beginning of it she had slunk out of the front door.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-10-19 at 07:28 PM.