New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

"I don't know if its possible they would fail to notice him gone," Amon shakes her head. "A couple of them escaped the fight - if they report back to their master, that their entire team guarding the prisoner was wiped out, it will be a no-brainer to figure out their prize is no longer secure." Thinking, she adds, "Though even then they would have to check the roads - as far as anyone knows, this was largely a konoha-effort. Houshi fell almost instantly in the fight, before half the Garou saw him, and he was the only one prominently wearing his headband - Yousuke is still holding onto mine, and he hid both the plates for... he didn't actually tell me why he hid his identity. Anyway, they might suspect with that data that we would take the prisoner back to Konoha, or be distracted by attacking the leaf-nin still present in the forest, in which case Sanagi can handle them I'm sure - 'strongest Jounin in Konoha' and all that gaff."

Pointing a victorious finger up, she says, "Therefore if we take him by any road but by Konoha, the odds of them attacking us will be greatly decreased. Sure, we'll leave tracks, but they won't be ableto identify which tracks are carrying the prisoner and would bank on Konoha if anything, so even if they split their forces to chase after both of us and they managed to overtake us, the thick of the Garou, their strongest members, would assault the other team who, without the prisoner, would be less handicapped." She smiles. "I think i wouldn't mind taking him to Soragakure in that case, unless he consents differently. think I could handle his weight while land hopping?"

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground

Kaede

The sky jounin nods at Amon's assessment. "In that case, I suppose you have everything all figured out then. So once Yousuke and this prisoner wake up, then we'll move out based on the prisoner's choices."

Old Man Sonada stands up from his sitting position, then nods to both of his guests. "I'll go help Yu prepare your lunch then. This village hasn't forgotten its hospitality, and we'll send you on your way with something to eat at very least."

Kaede starts to refuse, but then just nods and says. "Thank you. It would be quite nice to have something to eat that isn't a soldier pill."

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ettin in the Playground

"...You don't need to be nice to us. We couldn't bring back your granddaughter, you don't owe us courtesy," Amon says, toying with her hair and avoiding the sweet old man's gaze.

Clearing her throat, she holds out her hand. "Hey, Kaede, can I have the crystal back? I intend to deliver it myself - you might get yourself struck by lightning again."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-22 at 10:38 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The door flies open, an enraged Houshi steps through, "Alright, who forgot my sword?!" He clearly isn't happy. He takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself before his heart explodes, "Just take me back to where ever it is."

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Kaede

The sky-jounin fishes around for the crystal in his pocket for a few seconds, then hands it over quietly. "It shouldn't need to be said, but what happened yesterday is strictly between us. After all, what would Cybele think if she found out I had been captured by the Garou, or nearly killed by Sanagi Bea?"

The old man's already gone by the time Amon tries to raise any objections, and he's certainly not there when Houshi bursts through the door. Kaede just looks at the giant genin and motions for him to calm down. "It's just a sword. You should be thankful you survived."

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

Taking the crystal. Amon remarks "Well the Garou thing would be more our fault for needing you to bail us out, and it's not like you CHOSE to fight Sanagi. Really, I'm just glad you made it out alive, Kaede. I mean... I was afraid Cybele might try and avenge you and end up dead too." She bites her lip, stopping just short of revealing how she had intended to kill or cripple Sanagi Bea - an idea that even in her worst state she knew was godawful enough to not act on it at least. Smiling a little, she puts on her best war face as she clutches the crystal, nowhere to deposit it in her getup. "Although, you could always make it worth my while to remain silent~" she offers in a creepy sing-song manner.

Before she can start listing terms, Houshi barges in. Immediately sensing his anger, she jumps out of the room, bolting down the hallway unannounced to retrieve her own gear. Stepping back into the room, she holds up the Shanghai doll. "Sh-Shanghai's really sorry, aren't you, Shanghai?" "Yes sir, mista Houshi, sir. I was too busy sticking people in the throat and dragging your body to safety to worry about that big slab a' metal. Way too heavy for Shanghai, I be reckoning."She's apparently decided to use ventriloquism to give Shanghai a bit of a hard to place yet distinct accent, swaying the doll as she speaks.

Shaking, she peers out over Shanghai's head, biting her lip as she offers her condolences. "I-It was on the battlefield, where you fell. It's been there since you lost consciousness. We could probably get there and back in a half hour, but... it's kind of risky don't you think? I mean, I just explained the situation with the Garou to you when i was healing you - if we go to retrieve your sword now our chances of being attacked increase from about 20% to 60% or perhaps way more. C-come on, borrow one of Yousuke's swords until we get home, okay? I-I'll make you a new big sword when we return to town, 'kay? I know you said someone game you one, but surely the spirit of the blade - to protect your comrades and yourself, outweighs the need for the blade itself?"

Come on, Yousuke, rescued boy, someone give me an out.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-22 at 01:52 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

Kaede

The jounin returns Amon's creepy song with a creepy partial smile. "Or I could wipe out your memory of the event~" He stops though, and gives the sky-nin a genuine smile. "Or we could both not mention the other's failures, and just hope Cybele-chan doesn't get too upset."

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

He face palms at Amon's antics, "This isn't something to just laugh about and forget. A swordsman blade is just as important as a ninja's jutsu."

He thrust his hands to Amon, "Do you really think I can properly use one of those things with these? God, I thought you were supposed to be smart. I wouldn't tell you just to leave your puppet behind and I sure wouldn't tell Yousuke to leave his sword behind! Would you?" He looks around the room, "Speaking of him... Where is he? Yousuke!"

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke's hands hover over the boy's shoulder, stopping short of touching Shogo. The boy obviously needed consolation, who wouldn't after such a crippling loss? "But am I the one to give it?" he asks himself quietly. His last attempt at compassion had ended up disastrously, leaving a young and unstable girl in tears. Could he expect it to be any different with Shogo? Would he be any better than his mother if he simply let a child alone to his tears?

Breathing out a sigh, Yousuke extends his hand to rest on the blind Mibu's shoulder. "I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you but if there is one thing I have learned in my life, it is that there is no such thing as wall insurmountable to a man who desires its ascent. I will not poison you with false hopes so I cannot rightly say that you will be able to continue your career as a shinobi but know this: Should you succumb to your despair then the wall truly will become an impossible obstacle." He could not ensure of the Mibu heir's receptiveness but it would not be for lack of trying.

Giving the shoulder a firm squeeze, Yousuke continues, "I am going to ask you a few questions now. You do not have to answer me if they make you feel uncomfortable."

Unless Shogo specifically does not wish to participate, Yousuke will say, "I know it is painful to think about but do you remember who this girl was? What she looked like?" Shinobi could take alternate forms of course but it did not hurt to ask the more obvious questions.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon frowns at the suggestion of wiping her mind, though her brow twitches in challenge. "Our mutual failures, huh..." She pouts snobbishly, though it's mostly just for show; she was mostly amused, though her next sentiment did have that slight quiver of sadness she couldn't keep out of her voice. "You made me embarrass myself enough when I thought you were dead. It would be wrong not to get back at you for that in some way for toying with a young maiden's heart, don't you think?" There's no way he hadn't seen the tear-streaks that caked her face.

---

"He's with the prisoner we freed," Amon informs Houshi. "I'm not telling you to leave it behind, necessarily... there's a difference between asking someone to drop their weapon and motioning to not venture too far into territory to retrieve a weapon. Look, we'll land hop bakc to Soragakure, if my plans go well, we won't encounter any resistance and I'll personally craft you the finest sword your hands have ever been laid upon. She says hopefully, though knowing he wouldn't take her up on the offer.

Okay, fine, fine... "The whole team can't go. I can navigate our way back there, but neither you or I are decent scouts. How about this; Yousuke and I will land hop over there and back, lickity split. If there's trouble we can at least avoid detection with any luck. We took about a half hour to walk while dragging you, so at our top speed there and back should be a quarter hour. This is still really, really risky but if there's no other way I guess we'll have to. But because this will leave a fresh set of tracks, we WILL have to leave at top speed as SOON as we meet up again. We'll also be giving up the advantage of misdirection - I had intended to lead them to think that the prisoner was being taken by the Konoha team. If we're leaving the prisoner then we absolutely must NOT meet back here but instead arrange to meet outside town or else they'll know where he is. Yesterday's events may even draw the attention of the Rinnegan-user themself, someone we can't possibly identify until it is too late, but if they were trusted with such a bloodline they are doubtless a powerful ninja in their own right.

"So I'll tell you now, if we meet ANY resistance, even just some Garou gathered around the battlefield, Yousuke and I will leave without taking your sword. I'll have to clear all this with him first, of course and I don't think you grasp at ALL how risky this operation is. We can't take you because you can't climb, sneak, use any techniques not focussed on killing things, and according to your present insistence simply cannot fight without your sword - and most importantly I KNOW THAT LAST BIT WOULDN'T STOP YOU PICKING A FIGHT YOU COULDN'T WIN!"
    Amon's usual stress from going off plan seeps in pretty quickly and evidently. Things were going pretty well until Houshi suddenly decided that of all the people and experiences in his life, that slab of metal he called a sword was the one thing he would be irrationally sentimental about.

"Kaede, you have a better grasp of your own resources than I do. If we're splitting the team, will you come with me and Yousuke or stay with Houshi and the boy?" She ponders a moment. "How are your reserves - did you even sleep last night?" she asks, worried

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Titan in the Playground

Kaede

The older man just sighs. "Alright... I'll do something for ya, but only if Cybele-chan doesn't find out about this." Kaede looks to Houshi. "Do not speak to your teammates in that manner. It is not conducive to good teamwork, and it's unwarranted no matter what the situation is."

When Houshi forces the issue about his sword, Kaede reprimands the boy. "Do not harbor any delusions, Houshi. You are not a swordsman or some samurai from the Land of Iron. The moment you put on that headband you became a shinobi of Soragakure, and nothing will change that except your death. The sword you've lost is nothing but a tool to a shinobi, and you should view it as such. No shinobi would demand that his teammates risk their lives in order to retrieve a tool, no matter how sentimentally valuable that tool is."

He turns to Amon and shakes his head. "Without firm information on the enemy's strength or positions we're not going to risk splitting up and searching the woods. Especially if this boy is what you think he is, because that means their Princess and her elite guards will be out there. It's simply too dangerous to either split up or try to find this tool of Houshi's."

The older ninja just stands up and motions toward the door. "Gather up Yousuke and the prisoner. It's best if we hit the road before things get too bad."

Yousuke

The boy just nods his head at Yousuke's words. "You're right. If I give up, then nothing will be the same again. As for the girl... I don't know. I don't think she was very pretty, or very old. But she needed my help, so I gave it."

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon nods. "Oh thank god, another sane person." She turns to Houshi and bows deeply. "I'm really, really sorry that I didn't grab your sword. It was big and heavy and I couldn't drag both you AND it out the warzone. I intended to pick it up on my way out, but with Jun's frenzy and the prisoner, it slipped my mind. I'll make it up to you, i'll replace it, I swear. If that specific sword is so important to you then maybe we can make the return trip for it when the Garou are wiped out or exile the area, but not now. I'd forge a sword for you right this second if I had the tools and materials, but I don't typically carry a fully equipped iron melting oven. But if we leave right now at top speed, you won't NEED a sword until we get back with any luck."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-23 at 02:44 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, maybe if you throw enough logic at him, it'll stick." Amon retreats to her room, saying "I'll get changed into my clothes and armour. If the prisoner is awake, then we'll ask him where he wants to go. We could always hire another ninja to take him there from Soragakure and he'll be safe from Garou hands there for the time being. Two minutes." She nods towards Kaede, seeming to defer roundup duty to him, before turning on Houshi. "If you peek, I'll destroy you," she declares with a pleasant smile before closing her door and getting to work changing as she said

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Troll in the Playground

The world could be very cruel sometimes, the shinobi world especially. "Do you remember anything about the person who...took your eyes?"

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

The boy shakes his head. "As I said: I do not remember anything about the girl, except that they were the same person."

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ettin in the Playground

"BY THE WAY, KAEDE!" Amon shouts from her room, even there barely audible beyond the door's stifling as she removes her shorts in favour of something a little more battle-ready. "How's the Garou we captured doing?"
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-23 at 04:55 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ettin in the Playground

Deciding Kaede was apparently too polite to shout in the house, Amon finishes getting dressed and gathers her things, though now leaving Shanghai's case open for easy access (and remembering this time to keep a medical pask in Shanghai's little otherwise-weapon sack). Exiting the room, she wears a dress a little more breezy than before, leaving her legs quite visible as it terminates halfway down her thighs - optimal sneaking-wear, really, as it is at least all black. Her hair is obviously stuck in the position she usually keeps it in with her bandanna, but otherwise flows, quite curly down her sides, her blonde hair possibly her downfall at such sneaking. Clutching her handbag close, she clops over back to the living room of sorts where everyone seemed gathered. Clearing her throat, she's a little embarrassed to repeat her question, and considers just checking on the girl herself, but goes ahead any because why not.

"Is she talking? I haven't figured out what to do with her - we can't just leave her in Sonada's care indefinitely, she's a hostile ninja. If her loyalties are unable to change organically over time - like, if it's impossible to start after many months to question the authority of the Garou, then if there's no hope for her... What do we do? Release her? Take her back to Soragakure for investigation?" Saying the last thing does bring some certainty - "If another team is facing a Rinnegan, then surely we owe it to them to bring a research sample or at least evidence. Although this would present another risk to consider if we got in a fight I guess..." She looks over sadly towards the door beyond which Yousuke and the boy resided. "Why did things have to get so messed up this mission. Child torture, mind-raping bloodlines... It's almost like there's no decency in the shinobi world." That last comment is made as a rather dark little joke, as soem part of Amon wonders if Kaede will laugh.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

Kaede

The jounin waits patiently for Amon to return, then explains his findings. "She hasn't changed, but I did give her some sedatives to keep her quiet while I transport her back to Soragakure. I wouldn't dream of leaving her here, because these people aren't ninja. More over, they're civilians with an emotional connection to her. And that means someone will eventually free her, and then she might kill someone else."

When Amon talks about how there isn't any decency in the ninja world Kaede's face is stone cold. "No. There isn't."

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, her getting loose was a forgone conclusion. if she had any recollection of living in this village or even recognised that everyone else seemed to know her, she would find it quite easy to work the 'I'm all better now' angle and guilt her family into getting her loose."

Having expected him to smile and remark back with something like 'you're just now figuring out that we're all bastards', Amon's taken aback by Kaede's change of expression. It takes her a second to recall Kaede's intentions to leave the village and the objections to the intent of Shinobi that no doubt implied. She nods seriously to signal her acknowledgement of his thoughts. "How do you put up with it for so long?" she asks, knowing she shouldn't. She immediately looks apologetic. "N-never mind, I'll just go check on the boy..." she drifts over to Yousuke's room, though her pace gives Kaede time to start speaking - if he gives an answer, she'll pause and let him say his bit, otherwise she'll quietly open the door to see how the boy's doing

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Titan in the Playground

Kaede

The Uchiha just looks at at Amon with a somber look on his face. "I can put up with it, because my clan carries one of the darkest secrets in the world of shinobi." When Amon pauses, the Uchiha motions for her to sit once more. He speaks without his ubiquitous smile or happy tone. "As you know, the Uchiha bear the curse of blood known as the Sharingan. As you might not know however, its basic form is the larval stage of a far greater--and far darker--power."

Kaede sighs and starts to recount the tale of the Mangekyou Sharingan. "Within our clan, the Sharingan denotes the passage from childhood to adulthood. It is unlocked by a loss of innocence, because it will not awaken unless something happens to put your life in danger. Only then will it come to save you--or damn you, as the case may be. Anything the Sharingan sees cannot be forgotten, no matter how much time has passed. However, as the adults accumulate indestructible and unforgettable memories through the Sharingan, they become unstable."

Kaede looks off into the distance as he gets to the next part. "As this instability grows, an Uchiha becomes dangerous to his comrades and family. Eventually, he goes mad and kills them. The perfect recollection of their death drives the Uchiha deeper into madness, and the loss of love that results evolves the Sharingan a step further. It becomes the Mangekyou Sharingan."

Kaede looks back to Amon, then closes his eyes. "My clan learned of this, and developed a method to unlock the Mangekyou Sharingan no matter what. All children are born in pairs--an elder and a younger--so that the eldest may slay the youngest. The Mangekyou flows out from the spilled blood of siblings. I did not learn of this until I became a jounin. My father confirmed that my dear younger brother had been born solely so that I would murder him. It's why I left Konohagakure, and why I kidnapped Momo. To spare her from such a fate."

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon is surprised by the invitation, but doesn't hesitate to sit across from him as he tells his story. Not sure or caring where the sudden openness was coming from, she sits and listens intently, looking positively sick towards the end at the mention of murdering siblings. "I don't get how the prestigious Konoha could have a clan whose main MO is killing half their members to gain power..." she mutters. "Why, even? What's so special about the Mangekyou that such trauma is necessary? What sort of clan values a trauma-crazed murderer of his own family over some code of basic loyalty just for a little more power?" Her inability to comprehend such disgusting unpleasantness at first leaves her to spew questions that for the most part, she already knew the ever-depressing answers to. The bile of the thing just made her wish she had something wash down such things with. "You said it yourself, as time goes on the horror of the Sharingan makes one unstable - a threat to those around them, so why... Why do they want the Mangekyou?" she repeats.

Looking to the floor, she collects herself for a bit before looking Kaede in the eye. "Momo is good to have a brother that cares for her enough to spare her such things, huh?" she asks, knowing her attempt at being upbeat would fail. "I'd say you did the right thing though - I wouldn't allow any harm to come to my sister either. That Koji kid, the Uchiha on the other team, he really seemed to hate you for your exile from Konoha. I can't imagine he knows the truth, does he..."

"Although... I don't see how knowing any of that helps you put up with the cruelty of the world. Do you mean what you know is so horrible, it makes all the other horrors obsolete?"

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

Kaede

The jounin shakes his head when Amon questions the power of the Mangekyou. "In the past, a single Uchiha with the Mangekyou rivaled the power of the entirety of Konohagakure. Before that, the Mangekyou allowed the Uchiha to rise to prominence as one of the two greatest ninja clans. Their sole rival was the Senju, and that rivalry only existed because the Uchiha were so small while the Senju were half the size of Konohagakure today. The Uchiha and the Senju would have destroyed one another, if the Senju had not made the Uchiha an offer: Join arms, and become Konohagakure together, so that they could rule the ninja world. That's why Konohagakure allows the Uchiha to thrive."

Kaede sighs. "With the Mangekyou, I could rule Soragakure like a bully rules a sandbox. Sonia, Kai, all of the jounin of Soragakure: Even gathered together as one, they would be as wheat before the scythe. But the cost would be my soul, and my sanity."

When Amon talks about Koji, Kaede just shrugs. He never met the kid, so he wouldn't know one way or another. However, when Amon talks about the horrors of the ninja world Kaede just closes his eyes and sighs. "Maybe. Maybe I'm just so jaded that I've forgotten what it was like to be surprised when some clan does something horrific for power. It seems... that the world just wants to become stronger, no matter what they have to sacrifice. If I could stop that, I would, but I can't."

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon had expected to hear that the Mangekyou was powerful, sure, but his boat of being able to use it to take over Soragakure himself catches her quite off guard. "You could...?" she looks at him incredulously before her eyes widen as she realises there isn't a punchline coming. Nervously, she seems to add one herself "Well, you'd at least make a better boss than Sonia if you took over, heh..." feeling only more awkward for it

The only saving grace there is his assurance that it wouldn't be worth it due to the price on his soul - followed up by his intention to stop the clans always grabbing more power for themselves. "It always is an arms race with some shinobi, isn't it? The Garou came to this town to capture one bloodline user and readily tortured and ensared the very souls of an entire generation of its populace, all to make things that little more convenient for themselves."

"You really should let me in on more of your schemes." Amon suddenly stands in her oftentime dramatic fashion, outstretching a hand to shake Kaede's if he'll stand with her. "I told you the day we met, I wanted to become strong enough to protect everyone, but I would never do so at such costs, to defeat my purpose. So personal power failing, I would call upon my friendsship

"Swear to it them, Kaede Uchiha. If you gain the strength to ever improve the world, then do it with, and with me at your disposal."
    She looks serious enough for once despite how ridiculous her melodrama may look to an outside observer. "You are the strongest and best intentioned shinobi I have ever met. I won't have you speak of futility in front of me."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-23 at 12:52 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

Kaede

The Uchiha just smiles and reaches out with the hand opposite of Amon's. But instead of reaching for her hand the leaf-nin reaches for her head, and just pokes the sky-nin's forehead. "Power to defeat power would only stoke the flames of war and hatred. One much change the fundamental nature of what it means to be shinobi in order to change the world." With that said, the leaf-nin grins and pats Amon on the head.

"Besides, I already have one devoted follower. I don't need more than that, you know?" The heavy conversation from before slides off the leaf-nin's back like water off a duck, and he just motions toward the door behind Amon. "Be sure to gather up Yousuke. We've got to leave quickly." The leaf-nin dons his fox mask once more, and his grin is sealed away beneath the fox's own playful smile.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ettin in the Playground

"Who said anything about 'followers' and 'defeat'?" Amon asks, attempting to communicate with Kaede in the language of grins. "I ain't Cybele. I'm saying if you found a way to change those fundamentals, some 'trick', i want in. I'd be happy to learn from you, sure..." her grin becomes a deal more genuine. "But I'm your partner in that, not your follower, Kaede-kun." She thinks for a moment, trying to articulate things. "I think the world needs a deal more heroism. I wouldn't mind shinobi to move towards that and away from mercenaries. Pathetic as far as thoughts go, perhaps, but still."

Sure enough to his advise though, Amon goes to Yousuke's door. Amon stops smiling when she's certain Kaede can't see her face. She felt like his smile was a lie somehow, having seen a little more of him than she'd bargained for, yet she was still glad to have seen it. There was more she wanted to ask him, something niggling in the back of her head, something she couldn't quite process on her own, but with Houshi's loud presence in the room fussing over his sword, that level of freeness wasn't going to be attained. She just hoped he didn't slip off as soon as they got back to town - for how would she find him otherwise.

Amon slides open the door, eyeing up the boy, seeing how he was doing. "Oh, you're already on your feet?" she asks a little quietly, rather embarrassed by how little she could do for him. It just feels too stupid to just ASK him how he's doing, too offensive. "W-we're going to go to Soragakure now, would you like to come?" Amon asks him.

Spoiler
    Show
    treat injury to identify his physical state, I take 10

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Kaede doesn't respond to Amon's last word, and just starts to get everything ready for the trip.

The boy looks to the door when it opens, but his face is blank and his eyelids are closed. Amon can see that he's recovered from his beating, but is otherwise still blind. "A-ah. Y-yes. I need to get back to my family."

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon nods to Yousuke. "We're leaving then. Yousuke, grab your stuff. We kind of... forgot Houshi's sword but if we're taking a civilian with us we can hardly afford to retrieve it." She clears her throat, not sure what to say to the victim boy. "We'll get you as far as Soragakure then. We have a giant on the team - carrying you at top speed should be no problem." She draws a little closer as if she were going to physically comfort him as Yousuke had, but refrains from doing so. "I'm... sorry. I did what i could for the bruising, but your eyes were nowhere to be found and even if they were, I'm no master surgeon, just a medic. I-I'm sorry we couldn't do more..."

She turns to Yousuke, "try and get this kid some warmer clothes - it's raining, I don't want his health disturbed any more than it has to be."

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke gives Shogo's shoulder another firm squeeze as he smiles lightly, "Do not worry Yamana-san, I believe Shogo-kun is more able than you give him credit."

However, he does reach into his bag to pull out a spare change of clothing and begins folding over the sleeves before handing it to the young Mibu. He makes sure to present the article of clothing in a fashion that makes it clear where the boy's head should go into. When Shogo finishes dressing himself, Yousuke removes his travel cloak and drapes it over the boy's shoulders.

"I am as ready as ever, of course."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ettin in the Playground

Shogo...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ninja lore (1d20+9)[26]
    Will Save (1d20+4)[9]

I know what you're thinkin', why a will save. I'm trying to decide how well Amon may take certain news, depending on her check

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'm sure of it," Amon says with a respectful bow before realising in a goofy fashion similar to Yousuke had that he can't see her perform such a gesture, getting a bit flustered at her stupidity. "I just meant between what you've gone through, Shogo, your immune system may be rather worn down. I'll go and get you some food before we leave, if I can. It will take some getting used to, moving without sight - just for today, since we need to get out of this territory as quick as possible, let us take care of your means of travel, okay?" she says reassuringly to the boy, a wink in her voice. "You'll be safe in no time this way, don't worry."

Sensing the boy about the change, Amon makes good on her promise to go gather food to give him some privacy in case she was making him uncomfortable. She goes looking for Sonada, and invokes him "Sorry to ask things of you, but could you spare a quick meal for our little friend? We'll be eating it on the road, I imagine."

Spoiler
    Show
    Craft (pharmaceutical) knowledge should allow her to make an optimal meal for his physical condition given the time

Preperations complete, Amon calls to Houshi, Yousuke and Shogo as she goes to the door, gathering everyone astride Kaede. "I think we're ready, Kitsune-kun," Amon greets in reference to his prominent mask. "I may have a course to plot to better avoid detection if you want. It might add another 10 minutes to our journey, being off the beaten path, but should do the trick."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-23 at 03:15 PM.