New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

Amon

Alice's home is still well hidden, but Amon recalls the path there. The broken down home that hides her doorway is still unoccupied, and unlocked. The elevator doesn't respond at first, and pushing the button again does nothing. After a minute the elevator finally dings, and out steps the very tall Hourai. The doll's soulless eyes focus on Amon's own, then it stiffly bows in greeting. Hourai doesn't say anything, but she does steps to the side of the elevator and motions for Amon to enter. If Amon enters then Hourai sends the elevator down, but otherwise she waits patiently for the genin to go through.

The elevator opens out into Alice's living room, where the young-looking puppeteer is sitting having team with an older white-haired gentleman with a wooden right hand. The large Goliath doll blocks the entryway into the kitchen, but seems to be waiting to serve the two humans as they both casually sip their tea. The older gentlemen turns when Amon enters, but Alice doesn't look up from her tea. She does, however, casually reprimand Youki for looking toward the door. "Do not pay her any mind. It is merely my faithful dog returning home. Good morning, dog." Alice turns to Goliath, then motions toward Amon. The wordless exchange causes the large doll to go retrieve a cup, then pour tea for the young sky-nin.

Youki introduces himself with a slight bow of his head. "Ah, it must be a good morning indeed to be surrounded by two beautiful young ladies. My name is Konpaku Youki. And yours is...?" The older gentleman extends a hand as he waits for Amon to fill her name in. If the genin takes his hand, then he quickly leans forward and kisses the back of her hand.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke sees the woman's muscles tense and he growls, "Never call him that again! I don't care about your feud with grandfather but a man like him is never deserving of such insult." Flinching at the mention of Youki's problems he continues bitterly, "Is that what I am to you? A problem? Or should I say grandfather's problem. Given how quickly you delighted in passing over the responsibility of your own son, this must be the case." Despite Youki's words to the contrary he had always been afraid that Youmu had never wanted him. And today his mother's actions only proved this lifelong fear.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-25 at 05:42 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

The woman glares at Yousuke. How dare he try to tell her what to do? Did he think he was his grandfather or something? She should teach him a lesson. She could do it, too. Just hit him. Youmu's thoughts are betrayed by the anger marring her face, and the rise of her left hand. But something holds her back, and she doesn't slap the young boy. Instead, Youmu just breathes out slowly, and her anger deflates as she comes to some hidden realization. Youmu replies in a soft tone of voice unlike her fury from before.

"I could not take you with me. That much was obvious. Your grandfather almost died for you. I almost died for you." Youmu takes a deep breath once more, then looks around the room twice before she realizes Youki isn't around. Further, she notes that the Roukanken isn't resting in the center of the living room as it should be. "Where is your grandfather? And where is the Roukanken?"
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-10-25 at 05:59 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke's tone changes as well, when his mother seems to soften. "That man came in search of you and sought to steal the blade. Grandfather fought with him for some time until I returned home from a mission. and when the swordsman made to attack me, Grandfather intercepted the blow and...lost his arm in exchange for my life..." Would Youki have eventually recovered the use of his arm had he not been forced to intervene? Keeping his eyes away from his mother, Yousuke despondently continues, "Grandfather risked his life to re-obtain the blade...and allowed it to fall into my hands. We fought for only seconds before the man parried my strike. The sword broke shortly after my assault and the man disappeared while I ran to get help for Grandfather..."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

The older woman grits her teeth at the mention of "that man", and looks toward the door. Yousuke can see the desire to leave plastered across her face, but whether she wishes to leave for vengeance or not is up in the air. "That sounds about right. The Roukanken can't be used by anyone except me right now, so it should have broken." Youmu finally looks away from the door and to Yousuke.

"Take me to your grandfather. He and I have words we must exchange." She makes no attempt to comfort the young swordsman, and seems indifferent to his suffering. She has changed much from pursuing the Path of the Sword, and her heart will remain in darkness so long as her footsteps follow that man's.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ettin in the Playground

"What, no 'congratulations on a mission presumably well done', Alice-sensei?" Amon jeers back. She felt thankful to be able to exchange wits with Alice again - she hadn't quite readjusted her mindset to her more civilian life since returning to the village yet and wouldn't have enough time to for tomorrow, but she could do this much at least.

Alice bows her head to Alice and the new entry, the meaning of the prophetic he wore now not becoming clear until after he introduces himself. "K-K-Konpaku Y-Youki?" Amon looks dazed, yet there's an excitement in her eyes as she tries to keep her fangirl nature from making her say the exact wrong thing as she recognized she had a tendency to. Still shaking with excitement, she sets down her tea, trying to be cool as she flicks her hair back, extending her hand. "Amon, sir, just Amo- kya!" she gasps and is thrown off balance again as he kisses her hand, earning him a very prominent blushing red of the cheeks from the young maiden, though she doesn't recoil.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-25 at 06:37 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Titan in the Playground

Amon

Youki looks up at the blushing sky-nin. "Such a pretty young lady shouldn't be so surprised at something as minor as this." Youki releases Amon's hand and smiles. Alice on the other hand just sips her tea before speaking.

"Please do not flirt with my dog. It's quite disturbing." Her blank face and immunity to showing her emotions remains as firm as ever, and Alice doesn't show any emotion as she both admonishes Youki and derides Amon. Goliath returns with a cup of tea for Amon, and offers the tea to her just as the elevator opens once more. Hourai waits for Amon to move before entering the room behind her. Alice motions for the sky-nin to sit on the couch beside Youki. "Sit down. You've surely come here for something. Unless you just wanted to be petted."

If Amon tastes the tea, then she finds it to be properly made: Black, no milk, with just a pinch of sugar. Alice couldn't have made it, as she hadn't moved since Amon entered the room. So obviously Goliath had learned how to make tea at least.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ettin in the Playground

"P-Pretty?" Amon repeats, scratching at her prophetic fingers, her blushing only deepening. "Oh, no, I..." She suddenly takes notice of Youki's own wounds, recalling why he would be here - the prosphetic hand. Clearing her throat, she tries to regain her mental footing as she takes the tea, sitting beside Youki, a little too awkward to risk accidentally rubbing up against him, but still perching adjacent to him as she sips. Hey, not bad. I like my tea with milk, really, but it's probably best to not try my luck - who knows what sort of viscous white substance Alice keeps in her kitchen i might end up imbibing. She shoots the puppet a quick thumbs-up, genuine even though she knew it would go unappreciated. She pointedly doesn't address Alice's accusation of flirting, just a little too nervous about the whole thing.

Awkwardly avoiding eye contact with Youki at the moment, she tries to speak to Alice like she normally would (without a legendary swordsman breathing down her throat) though lacks her usual loudness that Alice was accustomed. "Well, in a rather outrageous bit of administration, my next mission is in only 24 hours, so i thought I should fit in a quick lesson or two before taking care of my errands for the day, but if you're, you know, busy..." Alice could tell from previous experience that an invitation of 'if you want to pet me though, be my guest' was on her lips, but she dare not utter such a flirt in front of such mature company. It was one thing to make Camille uncomfortable, it was another entirely to paint herself a fool in front of a hero.

Amon can't help very obviously looking at Youki's wooden hand, her eyes repeatedly flickering to it, but no words occurring to her that seemed terribly safe

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

Amon

Alice just shrugs. "Youki here is just leaving. He was getting a bit tiresome with the flirting either way." Youki makes a faux hurt expression.

"Why, madam, I would never bug one such as yourself with my clumsy advances." Alice just gives Youki a flat look and the older gentleman smiles. Regardless of Youki's statement Alice just waves him off.

"I would be happy to help you. After all, my loyal dog needs her training as well." When Youki notices Amon glancing at his wooden hand, the older gentleman hides it beneant his real one. He's clearly still self-conscious of the limb, and doesn't want to talk about it.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ettin in the Playground

"Alice-sensei, don't be so mean to Konpaku-san," Amon smiles. "I was wondering if you could help me give a bit more of a kick when using Shanghai's weapons, actually..." she starts with her request.

When Youki looks uncomfortable, Amon shoots up her feet, bowing in apology. "I-I'm sorry sir, I d-didn't mean to embarrass you..." She touts up the travelling cloak Kaede gave her, and indicates her her own wooden leg. "Yousuke-kun never told me how you lost your's so obviously it's personal. I was just curious, but it's none of my business obviously." She sits back down, this time a little further away from Youki, too embarrassed to look at him. She mutters, "Y-you get used to it after the first month. The kinks in the material and... the staring. I always get looks, too..."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-25 at 07:51 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ettin in the Playground

Clearing her throat, she tries to change topic. "Y-you'll be glad to hear Yousuke's back safe for today," Amon informs Youki. "He ought to be more careful. He really worried me on our last mission - he almost..." breathed his last.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Konpaku-san, Yousuke seemed to know a fair bit about the Garou and the Rinnegan - I assumed you had told him. Do you have any further knowledge on those topics? I haven't been told the details of my next mission with Yousuke, but it may concern those two things and I would want to be better prepared than I was yesterday."

She nods to Alice to indicate she's free to pitch in to that inquiry too.

---

When Youki leaves, Amon begins training shortly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon takes 10, hitting 34! to spend her first 4 hour training block mastering Body Substitution

I successfully quarter the time taken to master the technique, reducing it to 2 hours for both the 1st AND 2nd step of mastery

2 hours to obtain 1st mastery
    2 hours to obtain second mastery

Amon expends 8 chakra to train

Amon gains Body Substitute (2)

Amon still has a 4 hour training session left.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-25 at 12:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke watches his mother through impassive eyes and sighs. This was exactly what Youki had warned him about. The Path of the Sword was truly one of ruin and because of it his mother's heart was steeped in darkness. In spite of himself he knew, that somewhere beneath the cruelty and anger was his mother. If he left her unchecked the darkness in her heart would truly swallow her last bit of light.

He makes to lead Youmu to the door but at the last minute stops and throws his arms around his mother from behind, hugging her tightly.

With his arms wrapped around her he buries his face in the crook of her neck and says, "Forgive me for my selfishness mother. I know you regret my birth and wish nothing more than to be rid of me...but I cannot bear to see my mother leave me yet a second time."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

Amon

Alice nods, and motions for Hourai to come over. She whispers to the giant doll, then sends it away with an impassive look. The puppeteer makes no other comment or conversation, and is happy to sip her tea in peace. Youki, on the other hand, is much more talkative.

"I must apologize deeply for the way my grandson acts. He is... He has much to prove, young lady. And I am certain the presence of one so beautiful muddles his mind greatly." The older man bows his head very far, much further than one would if one were simply apologizing out of conventions. It seems Youki is truly sorry for his grandson. "I am truly grateful", the older gentleman continues with a somber tone of voice, "that there are youth such as yourself who count him as a friend."

Yousuke

Youmu visibly stiffens and tenses under the sudden touch. Her face visibly softens as she reaches to hug Yousuke, but stops part way. She just closes her eyes, pats him on the back, then sighs. "If you dod not wish for me to leave, then you only have one day to prove that your path is stronger than mine. One day, Yousuke."

Youmu reminds her son that they need to leave, and if Yousuke leads the way then they make it to Alice's in short order.

Amon and Yousuke

The elevator buzzes as someone requests entry. Alice sends Hourai up to fetch them, and shortly afterward both Yousuke and Youmu step into the living room. Immediately Alice sends Goliath out for more tea. Youki turns to look at the new arrivals, and nods at Yousuke. Youmu and Youki stare at one another with cold gazes, but Youki softens quickly. "My grandson, and my daughter. It is a surprise to see you grace our small party with your presence." The old man smiles sincerely, but Youmu rebuffs him with a cold shoulder.

"Yousuke and I will compete for the Roukanken in the morning." Youki's eyes widen as he seemingly realizes for the first time today that it's Yousuke's birthday.

"Ah! Yes, it's your birthday Yousuke... Congratulations, and I'm sorry you must bear this burden." Youmu looks to the old man's prosthetic, and her cold shoulder warms a little.

"F-Father. What happened to your...?" Youki waves the question away, and hides his prosthetic under his cup of tea. Luckily Goliath arrives with tea for everyone who needs a cup, and prevents an awkward conversation from starting. Youki seizes the initiative, and looks to Yousuke, then motions toward Amon.

"Yousuke, this young lady was just telling me about how much she's done for you. I must say, you are quite lucky to have such a beautiful and talented teammate." The old man lays it on thick, and Youmu just rolls her eyes. She accepts tea, but doesn't sit down. At the same time, Alice doesn't offer either of the younger Konpaku clansmen a seat.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon is rather surprised even now at the swordsman's kindness. "I doubt it highly sir, he already has one girl falling at his heels, it would be most improper for me to tempt Yousuke-kun knowing he frailty of the girl's heart, and I am not so dashing as to srike anyone's heart passively," she retorts playfully, trying to balance the mood at Youki's genuine apology. At his last statement, she does look a bit distraught though. "I'm fairly certain Yousuke won't ever count me as a friend at this point. He's pretty cold. Although, he is kind of young, so maybe he'll grow out of it." There's a doubt in her voice towards the end. "Although on my end... it made my heart soar when I got him breathing again after that ambush, to have done some good for him..."

Amon is surprised to see the new arrivals and how readily Alice was just letting people into her house. She could hardly keep in contorl of her property with all these swordsmen floating around after all. Surprised to see Yousuke again so soon, she doesn't actually spew the formalities as she tenses up at the sight of the newest face, observing Youmu quite intently. It isn't until she shows concern over Youki's hand that Amon drops her guard a little. Alice seemed collected in her own way, so Amon supposed things were safe anyway, but that slight shift helped her compute things a little better. If it's Youki's daughter, and judging by the conversation, AMon guessed this was Yousuke's mother. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in some ways.

And all over again, distracted by Youmu and Yousuke, Amon is caught flat-footed by Youki's compliments, blushing again in embarrassment. "I'm hardly either of those things, please..." Amon's vulnerability to compliments might have been discovered sooner if anyone ever complimented her.

Clearing her throat, unsure that it was her place, but hardly able to stand the tenseness, Amon reaches for a couple of chairs with her own threads, pulling them up around the table in offering to Yousuke and Youmu. "I guess there's no chance of you resting for a day to recover the internal damage you suffered is there, Yousuke-kun?" she wonders aloud. "So, ah, who's this?" she nods to Youmu. "When you said you were having your birthday soon I thought you meant within the next month or two not, you know, the next day. I didn't get you anything."

She waits to see if Yousuke will raise an objection on account of having a mission tomorrow
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-25 at 04:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke scoffs and rolls his eyes at Youki's praise for Amon, "I do not doubt her talents. I merely question her attitude toward our mutual profession."

He makes no movement to introduce his mother but when Amon brings his health into question he waves away her concern and says, "You need not concern yourself with my clan affairs, Yamana-san. Under no circumstance will I postpone the duel with my mother. Win or lose, she will know by this time tomorrow that my convictions are stronger than hers could ever hope to be." At this point Yousuke is no longer even looking at Amon, instead watching Youmu out of the corner of his eye. "And I have no intention of losing."

Turning back to Amon he finishes, "The only birthday presents I need are the Roukanken and my mother's acceptance. Nothing you could prepare would amount to anything if I have those."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

Amon and Yousuke

Youki smiles. "I didn't know you two got along so well. Look at you Yousuke. You're sharing your thoughts so freely." Before Youki can tease the young man any further, however, Youmu steps forward.

"Father. I demand to know how your arm was hurt." Youki nods, then turns to tell the story to everyone.

"Well, there I was, minding my own business..."

---

KABOOM!

The door explodes into splinters as a giant man wielding a katana with a jagged and broken edge steps through. He raises a pale and sickly looking hand to point at Youki, and grumbles in a voice as cold as the grave.

"I will send you across the Sanzu tonight!" Youki leaps up from his humble meal, and draws the sword he always wore but never tells anyone about. A sudden burst of wind catches the old man's hair and cloak as he poses heroically before his enemy.

"Never! All shinigami fear trying to take Konpaku Youki!" Youki rushes the giant man, but a single swing of the enemy's katana sends Youki flying backwards! It destroys much of the Konpaku house, and turns their battlefield into a ruined crater. But a seasoned, muscular, and handsome fighter couldn't be hurt by such a maneuver. Youki stands up in the middle of the crater, dusts himself off, and smiles at the enemy. "You'll need to do better than that!"

Immediately his massive, ugly, and foul-smelling foe leaps down upon Youki.

BOOM!

BAM!

SLAM!

The two of them engage in a duel for hours. Then Yousuke appears! His young grandson rushes onto the scene and shouts down at Youki. "Grandfather, nooo!"

"Get down! Don't worry about me and save our family heirlooms!" Youki shouts back.

"Noooo! I can't leave you on your own!" Then the enemy takes advantage of my--I mean, Youki's--distraction like the coward that he is.

SNICKERSNACK!

Off goes Youki's arm. The enemy's blade slices it clean off, but of course Youki shrugs off the pain and continues fighting. Just then, Yousuke leaps into the crater with his own sword drawn!

SMACK!

CLASH!

KAPOW!

The combined might of Yousuke and Youki create an entirely new division in the Konpaku Style! The enemy's weak, so Yousuke and Youki gather their strength to use the Grandfather and Grandson Technique: 10,000 Yojana in 2 Slashes technique...

---

Youmu interrupts the story by looking at Youki incredulously. "That isn't how it happened at all." Her gaze turns to Yousuke. "Tell us what really happened."
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-10-26 at 12:51 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ettin in the Playground

Sensing Yousuke's serious, Amon does show some herself. "Fine, so I'm out of the loop and it's important to you, I get that. But as the team doctor, I just felt it necessary to give my personal opinion." That feigned coldness doesn't last long though as Youki begins his story.

Amon looks wondrously on, clasping her hands together and gawking at Youki's tale, lapping up his every word and occassionally gasping when a dramatic moment right out of her comic books happened. She even can't help a snorting titter are Youki's impression of Yousuke is heard with a great whining 'no'. Mentally cheering on the dream-Youki and openly cursing "**** that guy, mess him up!" when the enemy cuts off Youki's arm ever so dishonourably. Ah a low-volume fangirl squeal escapes her mouth, ever growing as Youki starts to deescribe the grandfather-grandson style, only to look utterly crestfallen as Youmu interrupts.

"It... didn't happen?" Amon asks. "But isn't it more believable of the Great Konpaku that way?" Amon looks to Yousuke, silently pleading for confirmation of Youki's tale. Deep down, as in just below the surface, she knew it was all crap, but she would be a poor cheerleader if she wasn't willing to give Youki the benefit of the doubt

Spoiler
    Show
    Youki might actually beat Alice in the 'Trace's favourite NPC' award now after that tale

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke watches his grandfather tell the theatrical event with something like embarrassment on his face. There was a reason someone other than Youki wrote the novels. Even as exaggerated as the novels tended to be, they at least had the benefit of not reading like pages out of a comic book.

At Youmu's request, Yousuke looks at his mother incredulously. Not an hour had passed since he had explained the situation to her. Had she simply not been listening? "Of course not...she clearly reacted to the mention of Rasen and the shattered Roukanken..." Blinking at the thought, it dawns on him.

Staring at the table with lidded eyes he despondently answers, "...if you are here simply to retrieve the Roukanken then take it and leave. I have no desire to fight someone who scarcely even recognizes my existence. You do not have pretend for my sake any longer, mother..." Breathing in and out slowly, Yousuke clenches his fists and tries to suppress his emotions but fails as his anger continues to rise. Screwing his eyes shut he yells, "If a sword and grandfather's would-be murderer mean more to you than your family, just leave! Leave and never come back!"

In a fit of anger, Yousuke tears his swords away from his belt and throws them to the floor violently, "If following the Path of the Sword will turn me into...you, leave me out of it! Can you believe I once wished for you to return home!? That I stayed up at night wishing you had taken me with you on your journey!? Well now I wish I had never been quite so stupid! For believing in a mother who never existed!"

Turning away sharply, Yousuke exits the home and vehemently slams the door on his departure.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-26 at 02:46 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke and Amon

"Yousuke!" It's not Youmu that reprimands the boy, but Youki. When Yousuke rushes out, the older gentleman goes with him. Unfortunately the elevator makes it rather impossible to slam the door, and Yousuke has to share the tiny box with his grandfather. Youmu remains behind, and just quietly gathers up Yousuke's swords.

Amon

The white-haired woman doesn't say anything to either Alice or Amon as she gathers up Yousuke's weapons. Alice, naturally, says nothing until Youmu is nearly done. "He only wants to be loved, you know. Recognition? That's a trivial end to this story. Rather, that boy desperately wants a hug." Alice doesn't look at the swordswoman as she speaks, and simply talks as if she were talking to her tea. Her blank expression and even tone of voice carries the same connotations as if she were talking about the weather. "But it's far from my place to intervene." Alice conveniently ignores the fact that she had intervened during the situation with Camille, and casually dismisses Youmu with that statement.

Unless stopped Youmu turns around and leaves.

Yousuke

Youki looks at Yousuke with a soft gaze as he reaches toward his grandson. The swordsman realizes he unconscious used his primary hand, and immediately switches to his left hand instead. "Yousuke", Youki says as he rests a hand on the genin's shoulder, "I... Your mother hasn't seen you in a decade. She has changed, greatly, from the girl she had been when you were born. She's still in there though, Yousuke. You can bring your mother back. But you can't do it if you give up." The older swordsman looks at his grandson with imploring eyes. "Please, bring my daughter home, Yousuke."

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ettin in the Playground

The awkward silence as the elevator is waited for gets to Amon. All she could do was watch in horror at Yousuke's sudden break and Youki's pursuit of him, not really sure what to make of it, except the sudden understanding that deep down, behind that cold judgement, Yousuke was hurting. Some things click in to place as the observes the woman's care for the swords. Alice's words certainly ring true, but there's something more there. On her end... did Yousuke ever even mention his mother to me before? I suppose he wouldn't. It isn't my affair, yet... How can I be useful? Perhaps say something Yousuke cannot. Amon leans back in the sofa, thinking a moment as Youmu awaits the lift. By Amon's estimation, it hadn't even delivered Yousuke yet. "If you two are dueling, I would like to know the time and place. Two people hacking each other up is best done with a medic on hand unless both intend to kill the other. Which I doubt Yousuke does... and I hope you don't." She looks over her shoulder at the mother.

"I've not seen Yousuke angry before - well, perhaps once. I've brought him back from the brink of death, seen him overwhelmed, discovered unworldly horrors, and even been on the brink of a fight with him. And the only time I've seen him display interest, anger, is when I insultingly questioned his commitment to the sword. He's been bottling it up for a long time, for you, I'd wager, so you're endlessly important to him. If you win... If, no, when he takes your challenge, and if he loses anyway... what then?" This situation is clearly too much pressure on young Yousuke. He'd placed this woman on a pedestal, it seems. Weren't Yousuke's family supposed to be serving the princess? But then, Amon hardly knew their ways. She just hoped she didn't intend to butcher the boy for his weakness.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-26 at 05:55 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

Amon

Youmu doesn't respond to Amon's questions for a long time. She carefully gathered the blades, stands up, bows apologetically to Alice, then looks to the sky-nin. "If you wish to watch, then you merely need to go to the Konpaku residence at 8 AM tomorrow morning." When Amon questions about what happens if Youmu wins, then the woman shrugs. "Then it will prove that my path was the correct one, and we will follow it. The entire family will leave, and go back to their nomadic roots. This was the pact made between Youki and I ten years ago."

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ettin in the Playground

"That's a lot of pressure on young Yousuke. I wonder if the correct 'way' the Konpaku should follow is what he'll be occupied with thinking on." Amon looks to the wall, lost in thought. "To wager so much on Yousuke's fighting skills. For all his talent, he lacks certain understandings that can only come with experience. Why not fight Youki? He would better understand the paths, and even without adjusting to his new hand perhaps prove more of a fair fight than your son." Her tone makes it clear that an answer is not required as she just thinks out loud. "I suppose it's a test of upbringing. But is pure swordsmanship really the only virtue your family should impart?"

Amon sips her tea as they wait for the elevator before finally looking directly at Youmu. "Clearly there is a lot riding on this fight, a decider between the virtues you have chosen for no doubt many years. I wonder though, would either of you really be satisfied to lose that virtue in a single match..." She sits up a little to look her in the eye, concluding her monologue at last as she seems to actually speak to the woman. "And... if Yousuke defeats you, you will stay?" Amon wonders what the conditions of this contest will be, though she was fairly certain from Youmu's tone it would not be to the death
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-26 at 07:53 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Titan in the Playground

Amon

Youmu shakes her head. "Youki cannot restrict my movements, even by an honorable contest. Our clan does not allow things like that. Only a member of equal standing within the clan may refute my change of Path, and the only other member is Yousuke. Youki bet his freedom against my own with the boy."

Youmu nods her head when her conviction is questioned. "I made a pact, and will keep it. Even if it has taken ten years to come to fruition."

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ten years, huh..." That's longer than I remember back in my own life. I doubt Yousuke even remembers his mother's warmth. Poor kid. "Out of curiosity... what is your Path? Or perhaps I, who have not truly held a sword in years, would not understand... I hear tell Konpaku Youki's branch stil serves the Princess."

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

Amon

Youmu shakes her head. "It doesn't matter to you." The elevator finally returns, and Youmu leaves without sayinthg anything else to Amon.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course not," Amon remarks, closing her eyes as the conversation finally ends. As the door closes behind Youmu though, Amon remarks a last request, "Just make sure you take good care of him regardless of the result, okay? Your Path may not matter to me, but Yousuke does."

When she's gone, Amon looks to the ceiling, sighing through clenched teeth. "Well, today took an odd turn, didn't it?" Amon remarks to Alice. She finds her tea cold by the time she returns to it, and forces herself to finish it all the same. "I'm sure your life wasn't so loud before I brought such company, Alice-sensei."

Amon stands, hanging up her cloak as she stretches, her short dress seeming to proudly display her legs in spite of the dirt still caking one of them. "I tell ya, Alice-sensei, that was one hell of a mission. It's never straightforward in thus business is it?" Amon makes an effort to swing back into her normal mood, probing Alice for that reaction that always helped Amon cheer up in their conversations. She could do with some friendly company for a while before getting down to business.

Smiling, she asks Alice, "So, how was your day without little old me to brighten it up?"
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-26 at 12:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

Training Session
    ---
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amon attains 3rd level of Mastery in Body Substitution technique just by taking 10.
    With 2 hours left, I learn Minor Kunai Trap, again by taking 10.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke stares into the distance; anywhere but at Youki and asks, "Can I really? Can I really hope to bring mother back to u-to you, when she has no desire to return?" Without looking at his grandfather, Yousuke reaches up to his shoulder and places his own left hand to rest softly against the man's fingers. "But I will try."

Laughing somberly, he turns around to face the swordsman with his face screwed into a grim smile, "After all, I can't give up until I hand pass my sword over to you right?" He could remember very fondly their last heart to heart talk. "Mother may have years of experience over me and the Roukanken on top of that but if that is all she can muster, I must be thankful. For I have you, the Princess, and the combined will of our ancestors on my side."

"If The Path of the Sword is truly so lonesome then it is also my duty as her son to save mother from such a fate."

"I just wish it would not be so difficult."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-26 at 05:14 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

The old man sighs. "I am sorry to put so much pressure on you, my grandson. But knowing that your mother is safe will calm my turbulent heart." The old man smiles. "And I believe in you, Yousuke. I believe that you'll prevail. Your mother needs you to. I need you to. So I believe in my heart that you will." With that said, the old man offers one last training session before the battle.

---

The day passes for the genin without trouble, unless Yousuke searchs out trouble. Breakfast isn't provided, as fighting on a full stomach would just sicken the young boy. Nonetheless, Youki meets him in the living room with the same happy smile that he's always worn. The old man doesn't say anything, but simply points to the family dojo. The doors to the dojo are both open, and the room exudes a palpable aura of danger. The young sky-nin realizes that the moment he steps past that door will be the end of his previous life.

For better, or for worse.

Amon

The day before the duel, however, Amon still has a variety of things she needs to do. The hospital naturally does not allow entry to see Shogo, as Amon is neither direct family nor an official Soragakure interrogation expert. For that matter, any attempt to masquerade as a nurse proves futile as the hospital's security has heightened greatly due to the possibility of the Garou infiltrating--or worse, one of the traitorous sky-nin. With the hospital out of bounds, Amon is left with either visiting her family or going to the meeting with Kaede early.

Unfortunately for the Amon, the family estate proves unacceptable as well. The gates are closed, and no one answers the buzzer. Even if Amon hops the gate, then she discovers no one inside the estate. The family seems to not have returned from their trip, and no letters or notes have been left to explain their absence. Whatever they've done, or what their reasoning for remaining behind, the fact remains that Amon's once again left utterly alone in the large estate.

If the genin goes off to meet Kaede, then she finds the jounin standing around outside her "office". He greets Amon with a wave. "Hey, uh, evening. There's... something wrong with your office. It smells like blood in there."