New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

Yousuke

Roukanken sharpens once more as Youmu tenses. "Are you saying my Roukanken is dull? You foolish boy... The things that cannot be cut by my Roukanken, forged by youkai, are next to none!" Yousuke watches as his mother goes into the low-legged stance for one of the Konpaku-style techniques. She takes a deep breath, then unleashes a wave of attacks in the style of the technique: Deva Realm - Five Signs of the Dying Deva. Youmu's sword fades into intangibility as she swings it. The first swing seems to phase through Yousuke rather than strike him. The second misses completely, but seemingly injures the young man anyway. The third hits the ground and cleaves through the tatami mats under Yousuke's feet. The fourth and fifth narrowly miss the young man's stomach.

Spoiler
    Show
    Youmu burns 12 chakra to use the Konpaku Style: Deva Realm - Five Signs of the Dying Deva technique.

Attack Roll - (1d20+11)[22] - [Whiff]
    Damage Roll - (1d10)[6] + (2d4)[7] non-lethal damage.

Attack Roll - (1d20+11)[31] - [Hit]
    Damage Roll - (1d10)[10] + (2d4)[5] non-lethal damage.

Attack Roll - (1d20+11)[16] - [Whiff]
    Damage Roll - (1d10)[5] + (2d4)[2] non-lethal damage.

Attack Roll - (1d20+11)[19] - [Whiff]
    Damage Roll - (1d10)[1] + (2d4)[7] non-lethal damage.

Attack Roll - (1d20+11)[23] - [Whiff]
    Damage Roll - (1d10)[8] + (2d4)[3] non-lethal damage.

If two hit: Yousuke needs a Fort Save(DC 20) or he takes a -2 penalty to AC and saves.
    If three hit: Yousuke needs a Will Save(DC 20) or he's shaken for (1d4)[1] rounds.
    If all five hit: Yousuke needs a massive damage save (DC 15 Fort Save) or he's reduced to -1 and unconscious.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-10-27 at 04:41 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke proudly weathers the storm of blades but gasps in pain as one of the blades seemingly knocks the wind out of him. "How...I was so sure I had dodged that..." Barely able to prevent himself from doubling over in pain, Yousuke blinks at his mother through a haze of pain and grimly intones, "Then use that conviction to cleave through your son's heart. Roukanken will decide the rest."

Standing up to match Youmu's height, Yousuke braves his mother's assault to get in range for an attack of his own. "But in that case I will die a Konpaku swordsman's death. On two feet and with a sword in his hand. Ever defiant in the name of his princess."

Spoiler
    Show
    Status
    Hit Points: 4/34
    Chakra Pool: 4/26
    Chakra Reserve: 6/12
    Armour Class: 26
    Ongoing Effects: Str Rank 1 (2/5), Spd Rank 2 (2/5), Tiger Grasps Sword

Actions
    Attack Action~! - Upward Cut
    Attack: (1d20+13)[18]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[12]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-27 at 05:05 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ettin in the Playground

Last Night

"I didn't mean any disrespect or anything, I wouldn't wnat to get anyone in trouble. I'm just... I can't help but worry how she turned out, you know?" Amon's guilt sets in as she looks to the floor. "We were intimate and now she hates me, it's complicated. But one of teh first things you ever said to me was to not let the guilt affect me, so... I guess you know about my last team.." Amon has still staunchly refused to take his advice to not let it get to her, as much of a misquote as that may be.

Spoiler
    Show

Amon stands on top of her bookshelf to reach the roof, scanning it for any irregularities. That done, she pulls up a plank or two of the floor, looking under the floorboards before replacing them. While kaede's gone, she busies herself looking over the no doubt unused furnace room of her's. She looks around the corner of teh room where the Cube was left for anything out of place. It had been a week since she THINKS such a memory took place, so she wasn't sure what to expect. Maybe they tampered with her comic book collection using them as mats for the blood or something...

When Kaede returns, if he's timely at all, Amon will have narrowed down to where she was sure the prisoner had been and be standing around where she had last seen him, ready to apply the luminol or whatever he brought to the patch to see if they couldn't find a trail of sorts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon sniffs around the floorboards where she suspects the prisoner was. Does she smell bleach or other cleaning solvents?

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

Youmu swings at the boy's sword this time, trying to shatter the physical representation of his resolve.

Spoiler
    Show
    Youmu attempts to Sunder Yousuke's sword, provoking an AoO from him.

Attack Roll - (1d20+11)[13] vs AC 5 + Object's Size Modifier + Yousuke's Dexterity
    Damage Roll - (1d10+7)[15]

Steel has hardness 10 and 10 HP/inch, I'd say the sword has 30 HP.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing his mother go for his sword, Yousuke grasps the opportunity and uses the openings left from Youmu's untrained sunder attempt for a dangerous charge. The shock of meeting his mother's blade head on sends tingles into his hands but in that moment he sacrifices the integrity of the blade's steel to return the favor. Bolstered by the success of the strike, Yousuke follows up with another attack. "You may shatter my blade, mother but you cannot shatter the will that carries it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Status
    Hit Points: 4/34
    Ongoing Effects: Str Rank 1 (3/5), Spd Rank 2 (3/5), Tiger Grasps Sword

Actions
    Attack Action~! - Standard Attack
    Attack: (1d20+13)[22]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[13]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-27 at 05:26 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

Youmu and Yousuke clash swords once more, and the young man's blade cracks. Youmu and Yousuke clash again, then Youmu makes another attempt on the young man's blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Youmu makes another sunder attempt vs Yousuke's blade, and Yousuke gets another AoO.

Attack Roll - (1d20+11)[24] vs AC 5 + Object's Size Modifier + Yousuke's Dexterity
    Damage Roll - (1d10+7)[9]

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

The sword could not take much more punishment. However, Yousuke continues to fight on in spite of this, pushing the weakened blade to its utmost.

Spoiler
    Show
    Status
    Hit Points: 34/34 (30 Non-lethal)
    Ongoing Effects: Str Rank 1 (4/5), Spd Rank 2 (4/5), Tiger Grasps Sword

Actions
    Attack Action~! - Standard Attack
    Attack: (1d20+13)[20]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[10]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-27 at 05:44 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

The boy's strike clashes against the Roukanken once more, and the blade cracks down the center. However, Youmu's Roukanken shows up worse for wear. The blade's energy recedes back within Yousuke's mother, and the pieces of Roukanken fall to the ground at Youmu's feet. His mother falls to her knees, then falls on her right side. Yousuke's mother lays unconscious at the young boy's feet, and Yousuke has successfully refuted her claim.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yousuke gains Broken Roukanken.

It's a +3 Mystical Katana. It's broken nature makes it deal a d4 rather than a d10.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

Fully exhausted from the fight, Yousuke sinks to his knees and breathes in and out in heavy stuttering breaths. He had finally done it. He had proven his right to succession and bested his mother in a duel of honor. Words do not escape Yousuke's lips as he stares down at the prone form of his mother. "But I was not alone was I..."

Bending down, Yousuke lifts his mother into his arms and uses the last vestiges of his strength to carry her out of the dojo. Somewhere hidden deep behind her cool facade was the mother who had raised him from infancy. That Youmu had stayed her blade today. It was she, who he attributed his victory to.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

Last Night

Amon silently wonders where Kaede got to after a while

Today

"I-is it over? H-he won?" She looks to Youki. "That's a win, right?!"

Amon throws up her arms, grabbing Camille's hand with her own as if to declare her the champion of something, even doing the same on the other side with Houshi. "WWWOOOOOOOOOOOT, that's our BOY, Konpaku Yousuke don't take nothin' from nobody, **** yeah!" she declares, considering smashing the glass just to quicker pat Yousuke on the back. Amon turns her head to where she had last seen Youki. "Konpaku-san, I'm a good blacksmith, medic and team mate - do you need any of those? Yousuke's girl may want a word from him if he can keep on his feet," she declares, nudging Camille in the side with a smile. "Isn't it great, Camille? He gets to stay!"

She springs to her feet, still holding everyone's hands a little too tightly as she laughs

---

Amon calms down a little as she sees how stoic Yousuke is in dragging Youmu out of the room, clearing her throat as she reduces her enthusiasm to a smile far wider than she'd given in quite sometime. Dragging Camille, she runs down the stairs, waiting just outside the dojo if not stopped, waiting for Yousuke to emerge in case he wanted Youmu back on her feet
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-27 at 06:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

Amon - The Night Before

The genin falls asleep almost the instant Kaede leaves the room, and does not wake up until 10 minutes after 8. As a consequence, she arrives late to Yousuke's fight.

Current Day

Yousuke leaves the dojo to discover Amon and Houshi standing in the living room. Camille is no where to be found, and when Amon looks for her she doesn't find the purple-haired girl. If questioned, Youki reveals that the girl snuck off near the end of the battle. Regardless, Youki congratulations Yousuke on his success.

"Good work my grandson. You have defeated your mother, and proven that her way is unacceptable for the Konpaku. In accordance with the trial, your mother must abandon the Path she has chosen." Youki places his hand on Yousuke's shoulder and smiles. "I'm proud of you."

Youki consents to Amon healing Youmu if asked.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ettin in the Playground

Morning

When waking up, Amon gulps to find herself late, and has to rush about at such a speed that she almost forgets what she had been in the middle of. But she does in fact not forget such a thing, instead mulling it and it alone all the way up until being greeted by Youki.

Another blackout... that's what, FOUR this week? she thinks to herself trying to make light of the situation. Why would I be home... did Kaede knock me out? Why wouldn't he at least leave a note...? I don't remember checking for... dammit. Should I go back there before I leave? Without Kaede, would that be safe? ...Maybe if I ask Cybele?

Present

"Yousuke, that was awesome..." Amon says wondrously, smiling wistfully. She clears her throat. "Sorry, Camille pulled a Cybele when i wasn't looking. I think she got the gist of it though." She extends a hand to shake Yousuke's own. Her hair sits flat and sleek, having not worn her bandanna in over a day now. Her hair is still a bit frizzy from her sleeping as she did and being entirely too rushed to brush it. "Looks like you're stuck with us for just a while longer."

Turning her attention to Youmu, Amon stretches on the spot a little as she whips out a kit, applying herself you Youmu's wounds. "Nice sword there, pity it seems pretty broken. But then, it was like that before the fight, wasn't it? I wish I could make things as good as that... I could take a shot at repairing it if you want," Amon offers. Feeling a bit embarrassed for no doubt being insulting, she turns her attention to Youmu again. "She'll be fine, let's see if I can get her on her feet..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon takes 10 to revive Youmu or relieve her nonlethal damage
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-27 at 08:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke quirks an eyebrow at the mention of Camille, "I had not realized she was here. But it is fine, she will some see me when she is ready."

He waves away Amon's concern over the Roukanken. "The ancestral blade is no mere toy. I appreciate your offer but you will find no such luck with the weapon. A blade forged by youkai can only be reforged by youkai. Such is the Roukanken."

Smiling very easily at his grandfather in spite of his fatigue, Yousuke grips the old man's hand with his own. "I know. But I have had your pride for many years grandfather. I look for recognition elsewhere..." he trails off as he looks at his unconscious mother.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-27 at 08:14 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ettin in the Playground

Just as Youmu should start coming around, Amon nods towards Yousuke. "I'll make sure she's okay then give you privacy if you want. Just make sure you don't strain her too much... She's not exactly a delicate flower, but she's currently my patient, okay?"

She clears her throat as she gets up a little. "Help me get her to a chair, she's not getting enough air in this position. I'm sorry to insult your sword. I'm just trying to help. Still though, even if I can't reforge it, whacking the blade into conjoining in my forge can only be so hard. Assuming touching the blade isn't enough to kill me, of course." Looking to the sword, she remarks "That wasn't a fight of skill or strength... but of convictions and truths. Why else would she fruitlessly struggle against your blade itself?" Amon chest pumps. "There's more to it than that with you though, right?"

"I'll go find Camille - come outside and talk when you're done here. I brought here so she might understand something." There's a sudden pain and wisdom in her voice as she speaks from experience. "There's nothing more sour than to lose a lover during a quarrel with them. Such a thing would bring only regret."

Bowing to everyone in turn, she leaves the room once Youmu can speak again unless stopped and goes to peek around for Camille. She doesn't stray too far from the house, intending to meet Yousuke as promised if and when he left the house. She'd made a decision, even if life conspired last night to make it seem obsolete.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amon revives Youmu then exits the building, waiting for Yousuke. Among other things, she'd like to know if he was going to try coming on the mission in his state - she hoped not, yet needed the help.

On her way out, she turns to Yousuke, "She told me she had every intention of keeping her oath no matter the cost, so hold her to that. But she also used the term 'bondage'. Show her she wouldn't just stay here for the sake of teh result." She nods respectfully to Youki before leaving. She readies her headband, hoping to get her speech properly recited this time
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-27 at 08:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Houshi smiles brightly at his teammates, "A blade forged by demons... Man, that's awesome. Though, I imagine there's some sort of downside to that but still... So cool."

He becomes a bit more serious, bowing, "As a shinobi... No, as a swordsman, it was honor to be a witness to your duel and an important moment in your clan's history."

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Youmu remains asleep after being treated by Amon. She sleeps peacefully, and Youki carries her over to the couch. Youki turns to his grandson, and explains that he'll watch over Youmu until she wakes up. Outside, Amon can't find Camille as she's disappeared to wherever. It's possible that she's had a several minute headstart on Amon, and the sky-nin couldn't possibly catch up to her. Either way, the purple-haired sky-nin is gone either way.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ettin in the Playground

"Glad you enjoyed the show, Houshi," Amon remarks as she re-enters the house. "But it wasn't like it was for OUR benefit. Let's pat Yousuke on the back and take our leave. Clan business and all that." I hate being kept out of the loop

She bows in apology to Yousuke. "Sorry, don't mean to intrude again, but Camille is long gone it seems. However, I stressed the importance of her being here upon the idea that were you to lose and be made to leave, it would be tragic not to share a goodbye. So i'm not sure whether to take her retreat as a sign she feared a goodbye, or if she understood simply that you had won anyway. Either way, make sure you treat her right from now on." I told her if she holds out, good things will happen, just as you did - you don't want to make us BOTH liars, do you?

She smiles, holding up her hand as she forms a chakra scalpel. "I am sure Youki-sama would agree there's nothing that dreadfully teases a maiden's heart more than someone who's only a romantic hero some of the time. Anyway, I'll make an excuse for you if you're not up to today's mission, otherwise how about we see whta we can do for those wounds?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Treat injury to identify Youmu's state, just in case the sword affected something. I take 10.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-28 at 07:53 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke casually brushes off Amon's worries as he re-enters the dojo to retrieve the Roukanken shards. "You need not worry. My mother is safer under the care of grandfather than she would be under you."

When he returns to the room with the shards bundled up he bows at Houshi, "The Roukanken has a will of its own but so long as my spirit is unwavering, the Roukanken is unmatched on this earth."

He presents the bundle to his grandfather, "Mother did something to wield the blade despite its condition. What was that?"

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

19. - Top - End - #1369

SamuraiGuy

Houshi sighs at Amon's words, Like you'd understand anyway.

Houshi quirks at brow at Yousuke's words, "Really now? Interesting... Anyway, we also have mission waiting. We'll let ya clean up and change." He leaves Yousuke to his own devices as he makes his way to the meeting point.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well then... I have certain matters that require my attention. I woke up about 10 minutes ago, so I haven't had breakfast yet for one thing. God though, my cooking is awful, I hope the food my parents left hasn't gone bad already..." Amon bows and leaves. There is an odd worry returning to her eyes now that there's no distraction from it as she goes.

Unless stopped, Amon heads home to get a quick meal, load up on some equipment, and head to the meeting point

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

Yousuke

Yousuke grandfather looks at the young man with a disappointed look on his face. "I did not raise you to talk to young ladies like that Yousuke. Go get changed, then go apologize to that girl. Your mother will explain everything when you return from your mission." Youki points toward Yousuke's bedroom as he reprimands the young sky-nin. "And be polite."

DM

After an hour of resting or otherwise fooling around Team Cybele assemble at Central. The three genin wait for ten minutes after the meeting time before Cybele finally shows up. The purple-haired jounin is wearing an odd choice of casual clothing. A black skirt, pantyhose, and matching black dress shoes are paired with a black low-cut tank top. A pair of long arm-length black silky gloves cover her arms, but Cybele's hands are uncovered for some bizarre reason. Naturally her long purple hair is left untamed and unadorned.

Beside the leggy jounin stands a small girl the quartet recognize as Camille. The two purple-haired ladies approach slowly, and all three genin can see that neither of them are wearing a Soragakure headband. Camille's obviously not yet taken the entry exams, but Cybele generally wore a headband. Regardless of her reasoning, the jounin and her charge stop in front of the group. Cybele wordlessly retrieves a trio of small scrolls from a belt pouch, then turns them over to the three genin present. The scrolls are written in a meticulously well done script, and they read very simply:

Code:
    Operation Ravenholme
    Primary Objective: Escort Euryale Camille to Jinnin Village in the Grass Country.
    Secondary Objective: Deliver a message to Kusagakure, then return with their reply.
    Potential enemies: Bandits.

Greetings. My name is Euryale Camille. I... was a civilian until recently, but my problems are my own. I have found that life here in Soragakure is unacceptable. I have requested an escort to Jinnin Village in the Grass Country, so that I may find my way to the Dragon Sage Scarlet Satoko. Thank you for your kind service.
    Central: Team 5 will be given one scroll to deliver to Head Jounin Euryale Miyoko in Kusagakure. Any reply they give will be returned by the same team. Team 5, remain on your best behavior.
    She waits for each genin to open and read his or her scroll, then speaks in a calm tone. "We will be escorting this one", Cybele says as she places her hand on Camille's head, "to the Scarlet Mansion. From there, we will travel to the Euryale clan grounds in Kusagakure, and speak to the leader of the Grass. Any questions?"
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-10-29 at 09:59 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1372

SamuraiGuy

Houshi figuratively shakes off the daze of seeing Cybele in civilian attire, very nice civilian attire, "N... no." He blushes for a moment before remembering something important he needed to say.

He bows to his sensei rather suddenly, "Thank you very much sensei for letting us choose our own path!"

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

Cybele

The sky-jounin blushes and visibly recoils at Houshi's sudden outburst. "U-Uh... W-what do you... I mean, u-h, you're... welcome?"

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon gets patently bored of waiting for Cybele and abandons all concept of surprising her, instead coming out in the open and stretching her leg(s?) while she awaits her. She hates being left to stew in her thoughts; when the others aren't looking she swallows something, a pill from a bottle she thought to pick up on the way out of the house, and seems a little less skittish. When she sees them coming at last, she waves to Camille and Cybele, approaching them as she produces Cybele's crystal as she approaches. "Hey, you two, how's things? Camille, don't be running off, it's rude to make us worry, ya know?" Smiling to Cybele, she passes over her crystal in exchange for her mission scroll. "Sorry i took so long returning this. I wasn't sure where to find you - and Kaede's a bit to unreliable ain't he?" Amon giggles teasingly, obviously trying to get a rise from Cybele knowing her dedication to him, before seeming a little more serious all of a sudden. "Seriously though, Cybele, I'm sorry if i betrayed the trust you put in me by lending me that crystal. I'll try and make it up to you if I caused you any trouble."

Amon reads the scroll, figuring she'll have time to catch up afterwards. "So Camille, what you doing out here? Bit early to be fielding missions, isn't it? As you can see, Yousuke won and gets to stay, isn't that gre-" She finally focuses enough to realise everything after five words into the scroll was not a typo. She falls silent and looks worried as she reads, rubbing her wrinkled forehead. Biting her lower lip, she pockets the scroll, looking to Camille darkly. "I'm sorry..."

"Camille, I... we were the ones that got you cursed, we were the ones that dragged you here, we were the ones that promised that if you kept your chin up, good things would happen, yet we have provided so poorly for you that you've decided to leave after only a week..." I should have known... in this world of dramatics, one never has the option to wait for them to come around. "I'm a horrible friend and Yousuke has no stamina as a romantic, so I know we're hard to deal with... I hoped you would find a certain inspiration on your own, but I guess without us to stoke the flames of your hopes..."

When Cybele asks if there's any questions, there's a flicker of coldness from Amon. If Cybele wasn't connected and willing to lend her aid, Camille would at least have to stay and confront her issues rather than running away. Dammit, Cybele, if you didn't want to take care of the girl, no one asked you to train her as a ninja. I'd have looked after her if you'd asked. Why would you endorse this? Did you just want an excuse to return to the Grass? Just another person with clan business. Dammit, this isn't the way to end a lover's spat! This is wrong!

Amon had planned to proudly don her headband to celebrate this new mission, but now only tucks it further into her bag. She wants to be angry at Cybele, but she can't. Cybele's presence was a mere incident. That and, as angrier as it makes her on the inside to be affected by something so stupid, she simply can't resist how cute she seems in response to Houshi's outburst. Cybele was just a girl at the end of the day, a girl with a poor understanding of any goodness in people as far as Amon could tell. It wasn't her fault. But their mission still robs Amon of what would otherwise be a chuckle and a tease in response to Cybele's stuttering

She sighs. Why do we need to see Eurayle if we;re dropping her off elsewhere first? this already stinks.

Amon waits for Yousuke to say something, ANYTHING to Camille.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-29 at 11:59 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Cybele

The former stone-nin refuses the crystal. "While I am glad that you have taken care of it, I do not need it any further. Taro", Cybele distinctly does not use an honorific with the man's name, "has made himself an enemy of Kaede-sama. I have cut ties with him as a result." Cybele's statements are straightforward and honest much like the girl herself. Regardless, she does rise to Amon's statement. "Kaede-sama never does as he's asked, and is an utterly unreliable master." She seems a bit irked with Kaede about something, but lets it go when questions are directed toward Camille. She looks toward the young girl, and Camille responds to Amon quietly.

"It is not your fault, Amon-chan. Nor was it your fault that I am who I have become. That fault lies with Euryale Setsuna." Cybele looks away, as she herself feels greatly responsible for the girl's sickness, but the sky-jounin says nothing. Camille continues on. "Besides, you had your mission to deal with, and your own problems, just as I have mine. It would be quite silly to assume that you should take care of all of my concerns. I would simply be a burden upon you if I stayed, as I am already a burden on Cybele-sensei, Sune-sama, and Kaede-sama." Once again, Cybele says nothing. She most definitely would not have called the girl a burden, and it seems as if Camille has come to that conclusion on her own. "Therefore, I wish to go someplace where I am a burden to no one and can rely only upon myself. I believe the Scarlet Mansion will be such a place."

The sky-jounin catches Amon's eyes when the girl glares at her, and Cybele's own stance softens as a result. It was almost like she was saying "this is what Camille has chosen" and "it is not my place to tell her otherwise". Nonetheless, Camille turns around and starts walking toward the Main Rail. She continues to do so unless stopped, whilst Cybele remains behind to watch the genin.

26. - Top - End - #1376

SamuraiGuy

Houshi just smiles whimsically, "Kaeda-san and I had a talk that helped to see my life in a whole new perspective. That being said, I'm thanking you for treating us as adults." He hangs his head for a moment, "I was just too childish to see that back then but now, I know I'm a shinobi and will see this through to the end."
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-10-29 at 01:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ettin in the Playground

Before reading scroll

"I never heard of an ANBU leaving their position before. Seems dangerous. I... I'm sorry I told Taro so much. I should have read the situation a little better; if I had, he might have not received enough ammo to launch his revolution and Kaede would not have been professionally hurt." Amon scratches her hair, thinking. "I suppose it was inevitable you would be off his payroll eventually though,you never struck me as the type to be '100% loyal' to anyone except him." Amon winks. "He seemed to get the impression for a second in our first meeting that I was into him - quite the egoist isn't he, that Kaede? Did he tell you about our last mission? Seriously, there are some serious threats to bloodline users like you out on the road now, so let's be on our toes..."

---
    After reading

Amon's return glance to Cybele is a waving of her hand in disbelief 'just because you can't say no doesn't mean you shouldn't encourage her to rethink things!'

Amon is a bit wordless as Camille says her piece. She is so open and pleasant now, but earlier, with Yousuke... As she turns to leave, Amon can't hold back, grabbing Camille lightly by the shoulder. "Camille... you're not a burden. I'm glad to know you. To be able to watch over you, to know that you're safe and happy despite what our incompetency robbed you of - that more than anything is payment enough for whatever service we render. If you want to be independent... do you really need to leave the village to do it?" Amon swings around in from of Camille, leaning in a little closer than what qualifies as personal space. "Please, Camille... I won't stop you from leaving if that's what you truly wish for, if you truly think you'd be happier away from here. But just... I don't want any regrets. You might not be able to return if you change your mind later - and..." There's a horrid recognition of a parrallel with herself in Amon's eyes.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-10-29 at 01:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

Yousuke scowls and clicks his tongue at his grandfather's chiding, "Tch, fine." After several seconds Yousuke realizes his slip and bows to hide his flushed, "I mean, yes sir!" The swordsman bows low and quickly scampers off to his room to change before his grandfather can reprimand him for his disrespect.

---
    The white-haired genin arrives at the station at precisely the appointed time, working out the kinks in his shoulder as he approaches. He stands idly during the ten minutes, working up the nerve to apologize to Amon but is thankfully saved by the appearance of Cybele...and Camille?

"What is she doing here? Sensei is not seriously bringing her on a mission is she? It is too soon..."

Regardless, he waves at them politely as they near the station. He gratefully accepts the scroll and wordlessly reads the scroll, mouth growing more slack the further down he gets. Yousuke watches in uncomfortable silence as Camille explains her reasons for departure. "I have only just returned mother to the village, why does Camille have to leave?"

When Camille walks away, Yousuke dashes after her and snaps his arm toward her to grip at her wrist. If he has her attention, Yousuke stares down into her eyes and say, "You are not a burden, Camille..." The swordsman looks as if he would like to say more but releases the girl and remains silent.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ettin in the Playground

Amon nods to Yousuke as he draws up to Camille. She releases Camille's shoulder, but does not back off entirely; she does give her a wider berth as she observes her reaction. With a wave of her fingers,she indicates Houshi to give the two some privacy, and possibly Cybele, Amon herself being about ready to sprint off if she felt it necessary

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Cybele says nothing in response to Amon's statement. After all, it wasn't her fault that Taro had a problem with Kaede. That lay between Kaede and Taro, and Cybele was simply choosing her side. Cybele remains quiet throughout the exchange between Camille and the sky-nin.

Unfortunately for the sky-nin their attempts to convince Camille otherwise only harden the girl's stance. "Yes, Amon-chan, I do have to leave. If I don't, then I will remain here and stagnate. The world is different than I expected, and I must adapt to it." When Amon gets closer, the girl just steps back to put distance between the two of them. "I most definitely will not be able to return. Suzunabu-sama told me as much. It is not as if I do not--" Camille's interrupted by Yousuke grabbing her hand and running off. Cybele just shakes her head as she watches the two teenagers run away.

Camille allows herself to be dragged for some distance, then stops abruptly. Her body is much stronger than it was when Yousuke had first saved her, and it's probably not just from the training. The purple-haired girl shakes her head when Yousuke speaks. "I am who I am, and I have chosen accordingly. There is nothing more between us that will interfere with your life, Yousuke-sama. Go live as you wish, and I shall do the same."