Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon waves him off still. 'Go bug Yousuke'

  2. - Top - End - #1442
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshii sighs again, "Fine." He grabs her and starts walking, excepting resistance and pins her arms.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

    One Hell of an Arena
    OoC
    Group One
    Dice

  3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke

    Reimu doesn't make conversation, but responds to any questions the young man has. She's nice, albeit quiet, company who is not intrusive. The shrine gets literally no visitors--either guests or supplicants--whilst Yousuke is there. It's pretty easy to see how it'd been six months since her last donation. When Yousuke moves to leave, Reimu gives him the directions to the youkai blacksmith in town. The blacksmith in question happily accepts the commission, and sets to work reforging the Roukanken as long as Yousuke turns over his own ironium sword.

    Amon and Houshi

    Komachi gives Amon one final big bear hug, then nods at the genin. "Don't worry hon. Everyone sees one of us eventually." With that cryptic bit of advice, the red-haired woman nods again then vanishes into thin air. No smoke or fanfare denotes her disappearance, and it's almost the same as Cybele's technique. Except that Amon, who had been holding her at the time, immediately feels nothing in her arms the moment the woman disappears. It's as if she ceased to exist.

    DM

    The rest of the night passes uneventfully. Nitori promises to finish Yousuke's sword in six days. Cybele continues to help the sky-nin with their training, but otherwise makes no comment on the days goings on. After all, if Amon wanted to get drunk in her free time then that was Amon's concern.

    ---

    The group travels at daybreak, and they continue their trek through the Fire Country. The group is still on the road when dusk comes, and there aren't any villages nearby as far as their map can tell. Cybele stops the group near the road, then moves off the beaten path a bit. She motions for the genin to follow, and doesn't stop until she comes to a clearing with a large dirt floor. The sky jounin closes her eyes and goes through a minute long series of hand-signs. Amon and Yousuke identify the technique immediately as the Earth Haven technique. The purple-haired jounin finally stops and slams her palms into the ground. The ground shakes and groans as a massive stone structure rises out of the clearing. Trees are turned aside and toppled over as the structure rises up. When the technique finally finishes, the genin are all standing in front of a forty-by-forty foot square stone house. A large door--complete with ornate door and door knocker--stands imposingly before the genin.

    Cybele motions for them to enter. "Kaede-sama taught me this technique, but I never expected to actually use it."

    Inside, the house is furnished like a traditional style home. It has four separate bedrooms, a kitchen complete with a wood-burning stove, a living room, and a study. The study, unfortunately, lacks books but is still available for isolation. The bedrooms are furnished with a nightstand, chest of drawers, and bed--albeit all made of stone. The living room contains several chairs and a long squat coffee table. Cybele does not enter immediately. "I am afraid that I will have to go hunting, so the four of you should be on your best behavior." The sky-jounin vanishes like a breath on the wind, and the genin are left on their own.

    Camille immediately enters the room and heads toward the bedrooms. She picks out one of them, and enters it. Unless bothered, she waits patiently for Cybele's return.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-10-30 at 10:19 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #1444
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi's jaw drops, "Okay, I know you could do things with ninjutsu but that just topped my list. You made a house in a minute... I'll never be able to do that! Ever!" He breathe a quick sigh at his words, "I just have to focus on what I can do, hitting things... hard!"

    Strangely and conversely, he sat down on ground, crossed his legs and began to meditate.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

    One Hell of an Arena
    OoC
    Group One
    Dice

  5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke stops to salute Cybele before she leaves and enters the haven shortly after Camille. Before he enters, he stops to admire the Cybele's handiwork and says to Houshi, "The world is large, Houshi. But if that list is as tall as you, I'm sure you'll be able to fill it eventually." Smirking teasingly he enters the house and settles his supplies in the room next to Camille's before coming to see her himself.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  6. - Top - End - #1446
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Last Night
    "K-Komachi-chan?" Amon dimly remarks as her buddy vanishes, looking quite sad as she realises she's gone. Before the oddness of her exit hits Amon, she senses Houshi's hands closing in. When his slumbering self finally grabs Amon, he finds she's apparently made of straw - a substitute she managed to throw out even in her drunken state. A ways down the street, Amon runs up a wall to get on top of a roof, looking around for Komachi and, finding her nowhere, looks down to Houshi. "Houshi, you ****block!" she slurs, her eyes half open as she thrusts an accusing finger toward him. "Why you gotta be chasin' off nice people now? You just... oh god," she gulps, the drink taking its toll on her sudden movements. "You just stay there or I'll slap you up and down this street, got it? I'mma go find something more fun to do..."

    Amon dashes off, safely outside Houshi's reach on the rooftops, until she puts enough distance between him and herself, spending the rest of the night training in her own way. And trying to sober up.

    ---

    Earlier Today

    "Ugh..." Amon groans as she marches along their path, still a bit out of it as she finds herself in the middle of retelling the story of Komachi to the best of her (blurry recollection). "I'm telling you guys, she was totally into me. And her chest was even bigger than your's, Cybele. And then Houshi chased her off. I think..." The thought of someone being into Amon was probably quite foreign to all present, so she didn't have much hope of convincing anyone of her tall tales.

    "So, what did you guys do back in that town? Hear much on the gods, Yousuke? With all this talk of slaying and the wolf god and the snake god, reading up on stuff might be important."

    ---

    Present

    Amon folds her arms, by now fully recovered save for still feeling let down. She'd hoped to at least hang out in the bar with Komachi for a while longer. Where had she gone anyway? At least the experience had given her a few hours distraction from all that... In an odd way, it had cleared her head.

    "Doton users get all the nice things," Amon comments as the house pops into existence. "Hey, Cybele, speaking of Kaede-" And of course, she's already gone. Hell, with her clone crap, I wonder if she was ever walking beside us in the first place

    Amon snickers as she sees Houshi meditating. "You just said you should concentrate on hitting things hard, but how's concentration exercises gonna help?" Amon was very obviously baiting him to test his convictions with his meditation. If he couldn't phase at least her out, this meditation method wasn't going anywhere. "You know, that form reminds me of the Tadayou method - if you're learning to walk on water, do you need any help?" she asks, giggling. If Houshi responds, she shakes her finger at him, smiling softly as if to say 'keep trying' before giving him a thumbs up ('you'll get there') and waving him back to his training. Whatever the case, Amon finds somewhere nice to sit in the house as she performs maintenance on her leg and considers how she could use the nearby minerals to make something...

  7. - Top - End - #1447
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Last Night

    Houshi shrugs at the drunken Amon, "You gotta have one before I can block it." He waves at her dismisvely before walking off.

    ---

    Eariler Today

    Just as he promised, made sure that Amon could hear his voice, "She said had a job to do."

    ---

    Present

    Houshi doesn't respond, having effectively tuned her out.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

    One Hell of an Arena
    OoC
    Group One
    Dice

  8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    Whilst Cybele is still out foraging a figure approaches from the same direction the genin had traveled. Whilst Houshi is busy meditating the person walks right up to the door and knocks. The knock draws Camille out of her room. The girl is wearing a black tight sweater, and looks like she was getting ready for bed. The girl looks for anyone else in the hallway, then heads toward the door. If Camille--or any other genin opens it--then they discover Houshi outside with a woman in a long labcoat.

    A sultry and adult feminine voice tries to draw Houshi out of his trance. "Well hello young man. My, my, you're strong aren't you? Did you make this house? You don't seem to have the chakra for it, but maybe, just maybe..." If Houshi opens his eyes, then he sees the woman with the labcoat, she adjusts her glasses, and the young man can see that her eyes are exactly the same as Cybele and Camille's. Her long purple hair carries the same shade as both of them as well, and her stance is as stand-offish as Cybele's. Yet, there's a darkness in the woman's heart that's obvious by the way she stares at Houshi like he was nothing but meat.

    Camille, whether she opened the door or not, immediately gasps and tries to back away. She trips over her own feet and falls on her rear, and the labcoat-clad woman's attention goes to the scared girl. "Ah. So that's where the new Eurayle got off to. I'm so glad she didn't die in that horribleness back at Mitsuyo's palace." The woman looks to the genin like a snake trying to decide which rat it would gorge itself on first. "Have you children been taking care of her? Well, you have my thanks. But I will be taking my child back now."

    Camille points to the girl. "A-Ah... T-That's her! That's the person who did this to me."
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-10-31 at 12:06 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #1449
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi stops upon hearing a new voice and rises to his feet, smiling at the compliment, "Oh no, it's impossible for me." His smiles tears into a frown as he feels her ice cold demeanor.

    Once he hears Camille's cries, his hand goes for his blade, "What is your name?"
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

    One Hell of an Arena
    OoC
    Group One
    Dice

  10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    The woman smiles at Houshi. "That doesn't matter to you right now, youngling. Don't worry, I don't need more material for my experiments. I'll just be taking the Eurayle and leaving."

  11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon hears the knocking and sees Camille going for the door. Quickly, she steps forward, putting a hand up to halt Camille as she stands before the door. She smiles as she stops Camille 'one second', before sensing chakra. Nothing except Houshi. Somehow... somehow she doubted Cybele. Too soon, perhaps? She tilts her head to Yousuke then to the Camille 'get her back'. That done, she quickly forms a few chakra threads, subtly animating her little puppet as she opens the door. She no-sells the sight of the stranger. From the way she carried herself, obviously a Eurayle, though every bit of evidence that accumulates quickly points away from her simply being some common sight this close to the grass country, no chance meeting; her direction, her coat... Amon confirms who she is by the time the good doctor says anything. Euryale Setsuna. Camille's screams are unnecessary; she tries not to show it, but a thousand thoughts of ludicrous strategy go through her head.

    Amon shakes her head at Houshi's question, why are you even on this team, though is unsure how she feels about him reaching for his sword. The doctor makes no reaction to his aggression, is the creepy part; no matter who they are, someone that is hit by that blade will get hurt. Were her combat abilities that strong or was she underestimating them?

    "Ah, no need to be so coy," Amon says pleasantly, returning the doctor's smile with one of her own. "There is only one conclusion from your words and appearance as to who you are, Eurayle-sensei* though if you prefer your name not be spoken, I'll try..." She gestures with the hand around her back, the fingers of the hand gripping the animated Shanghai, to Yousuke to get into some sort of position while she uses her words to buy time. He, at least, would HAVE to know who this woman was and certainly her intent. "Although, I am a bit curious, in a professional sense how you created an artificial Euryale - it's certainly something my own expertise has not been able to grasp. Why, the last time I even attempted to heal a Eurayle, I nearly died for my trouble. The feeling of that snake certainly is not pleasant, is it?" Amon asks, nodding expectantly and talking to this crazy doctor like it was the most natural thing in the world. "Though, I'm sure YOU share some of that perspective, or am I horribly mistaken?"

    Maybe if I use my lightning technique, Cybele will come running. If she hasn't gone to far which... yeah, she might have. If she took Camille... maybe we could at least track her? NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT, you are not leaving Camille to an unknown fate. Damn, how can I engage this woman though. Does she have similar abilities to Cybele? I KNEW I should have hurried up my training in anti-Cybele techniques

    Spoiler
    Show
    *she calls her sensei in the Doctor sense, not teacher

    Shanghai is animated with 6 chakra for (6d8+8)[32] HP
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-10-31 at 01:44 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke's face goes grim at the sight of the Euryale scientist and his attention immediately goes to Camille. Kneeling down, he helps picks the girl to her feet and gently pushes her in the direction of the house.

    The swordsman stands protectively over the house and draws his blade halfway out of its sheathe before turning the newcomer over with a cold appraisal. "She is under our protection, ma'am. And more importantly, she is my friend. Her safety and peace of mind is very much a matter of concern to me."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    The woman just ignores Houshi and steps toward the now open door. She further ignores Amon, and continues walking toward Camille. "That doesn't matter now. You'd simply hurt yourself trying to keep me away. Just give me what is mine, and I'll leave you as you are. Otherwise, I might see if I can make a successful head transplant." Setsuna's gaze says everything the sky-nin need to know. There would be no idle banter, no dismissive posturing, and certainly no monologuing from her. They would either surrender Camille, or fight over her. And none of their words would do anyone but waste their breath.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Setsuna's Initiative: (1d20+7)[19]
    Camille's Initiative: (1d20+6)[25]

    Legend: Dark Red - Houshi
    Dark Gray - Yousuke
    Dark Blue - Amon
    Light Blue - Shanghai
    Pink - Camille
    Purple - Dr. Eurayle.

    Need Initiative checks from everyone.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-10-31 at 03:56 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    I won't run, not again, stay focussed, don't let the fear get to you, you can do this somehow... Houshi and Yousuke are in danger here too though, what can I do? If this woman is at all as strong as Cybele, then my use of Shanghai isn't good enough. I need to hit her as hard and fast as possible. But what do we do if Cybele doesn't show up...?

    Patience, Shanghai, and just hope this doesn't kill me.
    Amon ceases her focus on the puppet, letting the little bag of chakra grind to a halt as the ninja herself steps to obstruct Euryale's path. If she shouted for Cybele, Setsuna would know Cybele was coming and, if she was determined, likely know to eliminate the genin before her before backup arrives. In which case... "BEGONE FROM THIS PLACE, EURYALE SETSUNA!!!" she shouts at the top of her lungs. She hoped to catch the exact acoustics of the clearing to best carry her voice, though feared that would not be enough.

    In a quick flurry of hand seals with her now freed hands, Amon unleashes a torrent of lightning. Please, thunder and flash, draw Cybele's attention here. She aims the blast straight through Setsuna as she unleashes her full power, however small. Even before teh last one spurts its last from her outstretched hands, Amon is already forming the hand-seals again...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Deanimate Shanghai

    Attack action - LIGHTNING BOLT (8 chakra)! Setsuna takes (6d6)[15] electric damage. DC 20 Reflex for half. Since she's flat-footed, she takes a -4 to the save, and if her primary elemental afinity is earth, she takes an additional -2.

    Chakra 13/21
    Reserve 10/16
    Defence 17
    HP 32/32

    ---

    If Setsuna is still standing where she was a second ago (i.e. not a clone or something all along), Amon activates a use of Heroic Surge to gain an attack action, which she uses to ready

    Readied Action: If Setsuna performs a technique, use another 8 chakra lightningbolt, same as above, (6d6)[21] electric to interrupt the performance
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-10-31 at 05:20 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #1455
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Spoiler
    Show
    Amon steps 5 foot south before blasting to avoid hitting Yousuke

  16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    Amon's lightning bolt blasts Setsuna, and she explodes into cloud of smoke. The only thing left is a pile of dirt.

    Elsewhere

    The labcoat clad kunoichi smiles as the knowledge of one of her destroyed clones floods into her mind. "Found you..."

    DM

    Around three minutes after Setsuna's clone has been destroyed Cybele returns with three dead rabbits and several wild fruits and vegetables. She looks at the wreckage nearby, then looks to the genin. "What happened while I was gone?"

  17. - Top - End - #1457
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke's eyes widen in shock when the woman explodes into a pile of dirt. He is so stunned that he barely registers Cybele's reappearance but sobers up before long. Standing to attention, he speaks in a clear register, "A woman with purple hair wearing a labcoat approached us and demanded that we relinquish Camille. Amon took action and destroyed what I assume was her mud clone with a lightning jutsu."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "I knew it... a scout clone, no doubt." Amon bite sher lip as she runs inside, animating Shanghai as she prepares for another oncoming opponent. She runs out of juice by the time Cybele returns though. She runs out again, hurrying everyone.

    "Cybele, SHE'S here, Setsuna Euryale, we gotta leave before she takes Camille!" Amon explains quickly, kicking up the dirt where her lightning had left a trough-like crater when it tore along the ground. "She used that earth clone technique as a scout, I should have realised she was acting too reckless to be herself,, now she'll be coming straight here or waiting for her moment."
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-10-31 at 06:30 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #1459
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi motions to over, as they have covered everything, "That answer why she was so damn confident. She wanted us to kill it."
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

    One Hell of an Arena
    OoC
    Group One
    Dice

  20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    Cybele looks confused, but accepts everything she's told at face value. "We can't just run off. Camille is tired, and more over... We don't know the territory. We don't know how long Setsuna has had to prepare, and may be running into a trap." The sky-nin thinks for a moment, then nods her head.

    "We'll move toward Konohagakure. Setsuna would expect us to continue on toward our objective, or turn back to Soragakure. Both of these paths will likely be trapped. So we'll head to Konoha and request asylum. Gather your things, and stay close to me." Cybele waits for the genin to gather everything up, then carries Camille on her back as she starts land-hopping south.

  21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "If you say so..." Amon responds, a little too out of her element to object to Cybele's analysis. "Cybele, if she fights us for real, what can we expect?" Amon asks a little hesitantly as she runs to make sure everything's in order. Budging Camille, she asks "Hey, Camille-chan, are you okay? Don't worry, she's gone now, but Cybele will lift you out of here, alright?"

    As they get going, Amon can't help but bring up "Are you sure she won't account for us going to the closest village? I mean, we're not necessarily on wartime terms yet, right?" Amon's eyes flicker to the scroll they were to deliver. Maybe we will be shortly though, for all I know.

    As instructed, Amon landhops close to Cybele, keeping a keen eye out (all things considered) as she beckons Yousuke and Houshi closer too.

  22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    Cybele shakes her head. "I don't know. I only know of Setsuna by her crimes. I was sent out of the village to Iwagakure shortly after her." When Amon brings up the possibility of another trap being on the way to the closest village, Cybele shakes her head again. "Would you rather wait there for her to attack, or chance one of the other traps? If things go badly, then I want you all to run to Konoha as quickly as possible. Leave me behind if necessary."

    Camille's gone catatonic from the shock of seeing Setsuna once more, and doesn't respond to Amon. She doesn't say anything or do anything unless forced to by someone else.

  23. - Top - End - #1463
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi sternly and flatly states, "No. It didn't work back then and it's not gonna work now. We fight her together or not all." He turns to Cybele, "You got that? No going off and trying to die a heroes death."
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

    One Hell of an Arena
    OoC
    Group One
    Dice

  24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "You know Cybele, you keep ordering me to leave you to an unknown fate but I don't think I have it in me," Amon responds after an over-long pause, smiling hollowly. With Camille and Yousuke and Houshi here... she might actually have to, is the scariest thought, one plastered all over Amon's face as she looks to each of her team mates in turn. "Let's just... let's just keep going and hope such a thing won't be necessary, okay?"

    Amon cringes at Houshi's declaration, not sure how to take it. "He's... right, you know," she says, looking ready to die choking form saying such a thing. "In a way, I mean. Survivability has been shown to increase dramatically whne targets are confronted in a group."

    "Although, Houshi," she feels it necessary to remind him, "We have a catatonic civilian here. We have to be able to be dynamic with how we approach the situation, okay?"
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-10-31 at 08:02 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #1465
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi levels off his gaze at Amon, "No need to remind of me such things. Tactics and abandoning you team to die alone are two different things. If we have to split up, I'd better see you at Konoha." He points distinctly at Cybele, "I don't want to see Amon cry again, you got that?"
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-10-31 at 08:20 PM.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

    One Hell of an Arena
    OoC
    Group One
    Dice

  26. - Top - End - #1466
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke remains quiet for the exchange, closing his eyes to rid himself of the distractions. Konoha was two hours away due south if they moved at full speed, giving Setsuna an unfortunately large window of time to catch up. The only alternatives however, were even less appealing. Snapping his eyes open, he nods in consent. "I agree with sensei. Regardless of Setsuna's intentions she will not be able to move as freely as she otherwise could within a range so close to a village. Even if she predicts our flight to Konoha she will be forced to give chase through what might be heavily policed territory."

    The swordsman approaches Cybele from behind rubs the small of Camille's back comfortingly as he draws his sword. "I hope that it will not come to splitting up but if we must, I will stay behind to aid sensei to help cover the escape. I am not quite as skilled as sensei but I am no liability," he opines decisively. "Amon is better suited to caring for Camille and Houshi will be able to carry her without slowing down. If we must break our advance then they are better suited for ensuring Camille's safety. My skills will be required elsewhere."

    "But as you say, we will meet in Konoha regardless of what may come."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-31 at 09:57 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  27. - Top - End - #1467
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi flashes Yousuke a smile and a nod, "Can't argue with that."
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

    One Hell of an Arena
    OoC
    Group One
    Dice

  28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Cybele

    Cybele grunts. "If you're fighting alongside me, then I can't use everything I've got. I won't stop you from throwing away your lives, but know this: If it comes down to killing Setsuna or saving yourselves, then I want you to choose to live." Regardless of her complaints the sky-jounin continues onward.

    DM

    Spot DC 25
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice a mess of explosive tags up ahead. Many of them are hidden in ways that it would normally be impossible to spot, but your trained eyes pick them out anyway. They seem to have been placed recently, based on the lack of dust or moss.


    The group leap through the Fire Country's heavily wooded territory as quickly as they can. But after an hour Cybele slams down on a tree branch and then skids to a halt. "Stop!" The sky-jounin looks to the tree branches ahead. They don't see to have any traps on them, but she's stopped the group for a reason. "Explosive tags. Recent ones." Cybele's unable to point out any of them, as her arms are full with Camille. The sky-jounin turns around to go back the way they came, but is interrupted by the sound of a person clapping. A labcoat clad kunoichi stands seventy feet ahead of the group. She applauds the vision of those who spotted her trap, and smiles.

    "Congratulations. You fell right into my trap. You thought Konoha would be safe, right? Couldn't go back, because I'd have trapped that way. Couldn't go forward, because I'd expect that. Well, I knew you'd come to those conclusions. Just like I knew you'd come to the conclusion that Konoha would be safer than waiting or running headlong into my traps. So the only trap I laid was right here." The woman quickly performs an unknown technique, and several explosions rock the ground. Soon, the forest floor below you has been obscured by a thick veil of purple mist. The carpet of mist spreads wide through the forest, and seems to be spreading further every second. It stops some three hundred feet way from Setsuna, and it seems like the crazy doctor is quite prepared. It's not hard to figure out that the mist is bad, but the woman monologues anyway.

    "If you look down below, then you'll notice the mist. It's my own concoction of inhaled neurotoxins. Drop down there, and there's a very small chance you'll make it up again. Don't worry, it won't kill you. I might, but the mist is perfectly harmless." The woman smiles, then snaps her fingers as if she forgot something. "Oh, and did I mention that it's lighter than air?" She pulls a gas mask out of a belt pouch, then pulls it down over her face. "You have one minute. Good luck."

    Spoiler
    Show


    Legend:
    Dark Gray - Yousuke
    Dark Blue - Amon
    Dark Red - Houshi
    Dark Purple - Cybele + Camille
    Yellow - Setsuna
    Pink/Purple - Poison mist. It's 100ft below. If you breathe it in, then you need a DC 24 Fort Save or you're paralyzed for 1d6 hours.
    Dark Green - Trees. 110ft tall.

    The party is 65 feet up the trees as they were leaping from branch to branch. The only way to move between trees is via jump checks. If you fail a jump check, then you get a DC 15 Reflex Save to grab a branch on the fall. If you succeed, then you only fall 1d4x5 feet of distance, minus 5 feet per 2 points over the Save DC(minimum 5). If you fail the Reflex Save as well, then you fall the full distance and are subject to the poison mist.

    Setsuna Intiative: (1d20+7)[20]
    Cybele Initiative: (1d20+10)[12]
    Camille: (1d20+6)[19]

    Surpise Round: Setsuna performs an explosive tag seal, which denotes only the tags on the ground to spread the mist.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-11-01 at 03:40 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    At the rip of the explosive tags, Yousuke surges into action, leaping back instinctively at the cacophony of explosions. The swordsman glares at Setsuna from afar, fingers inching toward his sword with every word that drips out of her mouth. "This is my fault...I argued for retreat to Konoha and led all of us into this trap...I should have expected this!"

    As soon as the labcoated kunoichi finishes her spiel, Yousuke launches himself closer to the woman, gritting his teeth as he dashes past Cybele to make the jump over to the next tree and the one after that. "I believe I made my intentions quite clear, sensei." The white haired genin does not seem to direct this to either Euryale but speaks loudly and clearly for both to hear. Whether or not his teammates catch the hint, he glares at the kunoichi and suddenly disappears from sight.

    In what literally occurs in a blink of the eye, Yousuke stands on the scientist's branch and points his sword threateningly at the enemy Euryale. If the danger brought upon the group was his fault then it was his responsibility to ensure that they at least, got the safety.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Status
    Hit Points: 34/34
    Chakra Pool: 19/26
    Chakra Reserve: 12/12
    Armour Class: 26
    Ongoing Effects: Spd Rank 2 (1/5), Tiger Grasps Sword

    Actions
    Free Action~!
    Unleash Speed Rank 2.
    Draw MWK +2 Hit Katana.

    Swift Action~! - Jumping Technique
    Chakra Cost: 1

    Move Action~!

    Jump Check 1: Take 10 for a total of 25.
    Jump Check 2: Take 10 for a total of 25.

    Move Action Action~! - Instant Displacement
    Shift to (8,4) to threaten Setsuna.
    Chakra Cost: 4
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-11-01 at 05:08 AM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    Yousuke heads out, but as he's getting ready to make his second jump an explosion rocks the tree the young man is using. The whirlwind of flame decimates the tree branch the young man is standing on, and he has to act quickly or fall to his demise. Setsuna smirks underneath the mask. "Oh, how terribly rude of me. I forgot to mention, but there's a lot of proximity traps in the area. If you aren't careful, then you'll find yourself in a lot of trouble. And really... Did you think I'd just let you do as you please? I want my Eurayle back, and won't risk her in a fistfight with you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yousuke sets off two trap notes by entering the (8, 13) square. He needs two DC 15 Reflex Saves, plus an additional DC 15 Reflex Save. The first two are for damage vs the traps ((4d6)[17] and (4d6)[11] respectively) and the last one is versus falling 65 feet down into the mist. If he fails, then he'll need a Fort Save(DC 24) or be paralyzed for (1d6)[4] hours.

    The remainder of Yousuke's move action is wasted, but he still has a standard left to use.



    Legend: Red Dots - Blown up trap. Costs an extra 10ft of distance to go around(whether you go up or down over it is your choice).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •