Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke

    The swordsman looks confused, but his stance doesn't change. "What are you talking about? Hinami said your group would take care of things." He seems to think for a moment, and after some internal monologue or deliberation he finally looks at Yousuke and says.

    "Your teacher must have done something to Hinami-sensei. She dismissed us after telling us that Cybele would take guard duty, which means she was deceived or caught in a genjutsu. Your teacher isn't here, and you just happened to know exactly where I was planning to train at."

    His eyes narrow as he takes stock of Yousuke. Luckily the young genin's less-than-bulky frame causes Shoin to underestimate him. The suna-nin draws both his ninja-to as he drops into a defensive stance. "So how should I take this Yousuke? Because right now, I think you're here to kill me, and I certainly hope that's the truth. But you could just be a patsy of your jounin's machinations, and I don't wanna fight you if you're just a pawn."

    Yousuke gets a distinct feeling of being alone here. Not because the suna-nin left, but because his burgeoning combat instincts tell him that his back is open. Wherever Cybele went, she certainly wasn't backing Yousuke up right now.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Feeling like a dog on a short leash, Houshi is dragged along with Amon, mainly couldn't get a word edge wise. He clearly stated when they first met that he isn't capable of performing let alone learning anything he could show him. Though, he didn't feel comfortable letting her wander off alone, even if she is a kunoichi.

    Once he see's the two suna-genin in exchange of passion, he immediately turns around and heads back to the inn, Not what I wanted to see tonight...
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-08-15 at 07:31 PM.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke barks a harsh laugh and draws his sword in kind. The enemy was clearly taking him lightly, but his claims of their village's deception left him blistering. "Oh, as if the team led by an ex-missing nin from Iwa could preach of betrayal."

    He was angry, more angry than he had been in some time, and not just because of the implications the Suna nin was placing before him. Still, he would attempt to keep this diplomatic if he could help it. "Make no mistake, I do not wish to fight here but I will not take your disparaging remarks lightly. I am no traitor nor is my team. If you will not look past your prejudices I will be forced to subdue you."

    "I do not know whatever pathetic styles they teach in Suna, but the Konpaku Style knows no peer."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon

    Amon's shouts elicit a gasp from Yukiko, and the two suna-nin separate instantly. At first both look much like one expects teenagers caught in the act to look, but then Yukiko's ninja training kicks in. She takes the most logical conclusion--that there's something wrong where Yusa is--and throws it right out the window.

    "I knew it! You guys were just gonna spy on us. Well, if you think you're gonna tell anybody then you've got another thing coming!" Yukiko unnaturally assumes you were there to eavesdrop and report to either her teacher or your own. She immediately adopts a fighting stance, but Sojuro just covers his face with his palm at Yukiko's utterly random conclusion. The young man puts his hand on Yukiko's shoulder to hold her still, then addresses Amon.

    "What are you doing here? Did something happen to Yusa?"

    Houshi

    Houshi should be able to make it back to the inn in a minute if he walks, or about if he runs. He hears Amon shouting behind him, and can clearly hear Yukiko's response, but not Sojuro's statement.

    Yousuke

    A wild grin takes over Shoin's face. He was clearly ready for the fight, and certainly wouldn't take his words back if it meant not getting into a battle. "Haha! Coming from you, that's amazing." He adopts a low stance, and gets ready for Yousuke to do something first.

    "Hinami-sensei told us all about your teacher. She was an Iwa-nin too you know. Spent years in their ANBU team, until she gets the hots for some guy and leaves. Not after carving up her team, of course." Unlike Yousuke there's no anger in Shoin's voice. He's more jovial, and seems almost happy that he gets to fight a swordsman from another village. Even so, Shoin knew the value of psychological warfare and took another shot at Yousuke.

    "So I guess she's moving on from your little village now. The way I see it, she's fooled you into fighting me so she can swoop in and kill the winner."

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke faintly recognized that the Suna nin was goading him but instead of rising to the bait, he chose to respond to the swordsman's insults with his own. "You Suna nin may know nothing of loyalty, but in Soragakure we are loyal til the end. I have my reasons to doubt my sensei, but these fears are nothing in front of the loyalty I owe her as my jonin-sensei."

    Yousuke slid into a comfortable stance of his own and watch the swordsman carefully.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi comes to halt to Yukiko's shouts, "Tch... those bastards!" He turns around, draws his blade and sprints back to Amon's side, "Don't worry! I'm comin'!"
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "We've been had," Amon says simply, her words lacking any feeling as they escape her mouth, the dry conclusion of it all sickening her before she launches into a tirade. "Something has meddled with out perceptions, it is as I feared - both teams believe the other was on duty to watch over the prisoner, and so, nobody is. I suspect some genjutsu has meddled with out perception, though by who exactly I don't know. Hinami, Cybele, one of our fellow genin, any number of ninjas who have stalked us from the wilderness, who knows?! By my recollection, Hinami insisted taking first night's watch with your team. I am beginning to wonder if this tripe was even necessary. We must make haste - if some external force has led both groups away from out prisoner, they have a ten minute head start to escaping - even at Yusa's pace, the probability distribution of their location grows thinner by the second. Or worse - if this is an inside job, tehy could be working to remove Yusa's bindings, making our objective nigh-impossible. I ask you again, where is Hinami!?"

    As Houshi hurtles back towards her, Amon holds up a hand in ceasefire to him. "We seek not conflict - whoever initiates conflict now would be the ultimate crafter of our downfall. Houshi, we've been tricked, Yusa is unguarded. I don't think these two are responsible - both teams believe equally teh other was to guard her... DAMMIT!" She stomps her foot, readying herself to dash towards the inn, but thinking better of it. there was no reason for ANYONE to be there, no one had to rest after all...
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-08-15 at 08:16 PM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi and Amon

    Houshi's reappearance while brandishing that giant slab of steel he calls a sword incites Yukiko further. "They're attacking. Sojuro, cover me!" She charges toward Amon! Sojuro seems a bit confused, and was hoping to get an answer to his question, but Yukiko's quick anger would only ruin their chances. He yells out to stop her.

    "Stop you idiot!" Yukiko skids as she tries to stop, but then falls forward and barrels head first into the ground. She turns around to look at Sojuro, and sniffles a little.

    "I'm not an idiot. Jerk."

    When Amon clarifies her thoughts, Sojuro confirms that he was having the same idea.

    "Hinami-sensei told us that your team would take the first watch. Then your teacher brought Yusa with us to the inn. Hinami left with us, then went to train Shoin independently. We--Uh, well, you saw what we were doing."

    Sojuro looks at Yukiko and blushes, and the kunoichi just smiles back at him.

    "Hinami would never do something like this, so I can only believe that your teacher or an unknown third party is the culprit. Logically, the simple answer is usually the best, so your teacher is likely a traitor."

    Yousuke

    Shoin makes no overtly threatening gestures so long as Yousuke doesn't either. "The only loyalty in Sunagakure is to family and friends. Hinami-sensei is a dear friend, so I refuse to believe she would ever do this. If it isn't her, then the only other person sufficiently proficient with genjutsu to fool everyone has to be on your team."
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-15 at 08:32 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi sheathes his blade with a long clang, glaring at Sojuro, "You can throw accusations around all night or we can go and find out." With that, he turns back around and dashes towards the inn once again. Though, he puts a little more into it, trying to get there first, I refuse to believe it just yet.

    He activates speed rank 1 for 40 ft move, ie 160 ft run. Get's there in 2 rounds.
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-08-15 at 08:31 PM.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "We'll decide who the culprit is when we catch them," Amon says simply, thrashing her head with her fingers in an odd attempt at mental enhancement. "Perhaps all signs points towards Cybele, but that information is taking up unnecessary space in my thought filtration, so I can hardly account for it..."

    "Dammit... okay, who here can track? No, that wouldn't work... We were clearly affected by a genjutsu of some sort, but the key is the more powerful it is, the more uncertain any information we have is. However, using multiple instances of a genjustu on so many people presents increasing possible instances of failure, particularly with multiple jouning. Therefore, a more simple technique would suffice... Transformation Technique to impersonate Cybele and escort the prisoner to the inn, then? yes, if we weren't there then a singel operative must have.... In which case they must have spent at least a minute there before Hinami was pleased with accomodation, meaning... dammit! Wait, Hinami willingly left a jounin she didn't trust alone with teh prisoner? Unlikely, nonetheless..."

    Amon spoke so quickly her entire last series of deductions fit into about 10 seconds, throughout which she prepared various pieces of equipment. "Desperate times call for desperate measures - with no jounin around, you'll jsut have to trust my judgement. Houshi, you and Yukiko go find Shoin, NOW! Loverboy, you're with me!" With that order Amon sets out immediately, running and making a beeline for the inn, hoping her designated companion followed her.

    When she is within maximum range, that is to say, about 80 feet of the inn, she grinds to a halt, casting her sword cane aside as she gathers her hand seals. "I hope this bang and light show is loud enough to get everyone's attention - if there is a genjutsu user strong enough to fool two paranoid jounin, we'll need all the help we can get. Raitin: Rakurai no Jutsu!" She conjures lightning, hitting the upper broadside of the inn, arcing the hit upwards to get everyone's attention as thuner crashes and the lightning flashes, that brief instance of light filling potentially teh whole town. Hopefully Cybele and the other's take notice of a technique of that magnitude being used so far into a civilian area. If there was any villain in the building they'd also be alerted to her presence, though she was quite sure she only struck the roof, likely hurting no one. At the very least, if concentration was required, she intended to break it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack action to use Lightning Bolt Technique, at the cost 4 temporary and 1 reguilar chakras. I only hoipe thunder and lightning is enough to grab at least Cybele's attention, since that's the whole point of this technique here.


    That done, she continues charging straight for the inn, crashing through the front door as she steps onto the landing of the place. "YUSA, IF YOU'RE HERE, SHOW YOURSELF!"
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    He somehow doubted that Cybele was behind this, and despite his statements to the contrary he didn't believe that Hinami was responsible either. Cybele herself had admitted her specialty in silent killing, meaning she was not jonin level in Genjutsu. How skilled could a Suna jonin be if they could be fooled by meager genjutsu. Not wishing to disclose Cybele's information to the Suna nin he reworded her admission, "Cybele-sensei is not specialized in Genjutsu and I must doubt that the genin on my team are even capable of fooling a jonin with an illusion."

    Turning his focus on the Suna nin's other statement he added, "And if loyalties in Suna are to family and friends, then are you not insinuating that your own team is a group of potential traitors? I know for fact that we are not friends, after all."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke

    The suna-nin tenses as he prepares himself. Clearly they weren't going to solve things with words, and Shoin wasn't the type to back down anyway. "You're right. My team certainly would kill yours if they were in danger. But Hinami told us to work with you." Shoin grits his teeth as he psyches himself up to betray his jounin's orders.

    "But we're not gonna solve things like this. You have your belief, and I have mine. So we'll just let our swords decide who's right and who's wrong."

    But an explosion of light emanates from the village before Shoin can move to attack. He's completely taken aback, but the sound of the thunder afterward tells both ninja that it was lightning. Yousuke knows that Amon has lightning-natured chakra.

    "So you were just here to keep me busy!" Shoin charges toward Yousuke.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Light Green: Grass
    Dark Green: Trees. Can be hidden in. They range from 20ft to 30ft tall.
    Gray: Yousuke.
    Red: Shoin.

    Shoin charges. Yousuke is not flat-footed, as he was expecting combat.

    Shoin's Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage Roll: (1d8+3)[5]


    Amon and Houshi

    Yukiko and Sojuro follow Houshi immediately after he leaves. Not that anyone would disparage Amon's planning abilities, or the plan itself, but the sense of urgency in the situation meant acting rather than waiting. All four genin arrive within eighty feet of the inn within twelve seconds. Amon's giant lightning bolt destroys the roof, and stops Yukiko and Sojuro in their tracks. Sojuro yells at the sky-nin.

    "You idiot! What if Hinami had been in there?!"

    The roof where Amon had struck collapses and catches on fire. It seems like the building will just burn down, but one of the walls explodes before it does. The pressure wave blasts the flames back, and a familiar woman steps out from behind them and into view.

    The darkly tanned woman looks like she'd been raised in an area where the sun beat down on her everyday. She was beautiful in the right light, but the glow from the flames of the inn wasn't it. Her bright jade eyes narrow as she glares down her sharp nose at the quartet of genin standing in the road. Her glittering black dress, modeled in a more western style with a plunging neckline, seems to ignore the powerful wind kicking up. A black colored gourd marked with the kanji for "Forgotten" covers her back. She hops down, and two others follow her. She's wearing a Sunagakure headband, likely the one Hinami had been wearing, but the symbol has been scratched out.

    The first is a woman you're familiar with, Hinami, but she's changed out her Sunagakure headband for an Iwagakure one with a scar running through the symbol. The second is a light skinned redheaded woman wearing a beautiful dark green qipao embroidered with twin scarlet dragons. Her lithe form is much more of a dancer's form, but Houshi's growing combat instincts warn him of a great deal of danger from that woman. She's probably some kind of fighter, because the only other ninja to give him this feeling was Cybele. She wears a headband with Konohagakure's leaf on it, but hers is also scratched out.

    Hinami's genin are understandably upset, and Yukiko shouts out.

    "Why's she free? What's going on Hinami-sensei?" The ex-Iwa ninja just shrugs. She knew full well what was going on, and so did Yukiko. But Hinami simply didn't feel like answering, or refused to answer as to spare the younger girl's feelings. Regardless of which one, Yusa interrupts any further attempt to talk.

    "We should get going." Hinami scoffs. "I want to watch that Sora bitch burn." She's just waved off by Yusa, as if to tell her to do whatever she wanted, before the ex-Suna ninja leaves. The huge guy from Kirigakure followers her, but the ex-Leaf ninja and Hinami remain behind. Hinami turns to watch the inn burn, but the redheaded ninja just watches the four genin.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Light Green - Grass
    Light Brown - Dirt
    Dark Brown - Inn
    Red - Fire
    Dark Blue - Hinami
    Dark Red - Houshi
    Light Blue - Amon
    Gold - Sojuro
    Dark Green - Leaf Ninja
    Yellow - Yukiko

    Initiative rolls if you wanna fight. Otherwise, Hinami and the unknown ninja
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-16 at 07:20 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke nimbly evades the Suna nin's sword stroke, dodging with the barest of movements, and somehow sniffs arrogantly, "I suppose that's the extent of your abilities th-."

    Before Yousuke can continue he remembered something Cybele had said about the loudmouth earlier that day:

    which makes me incompatible with your Lightning-based chakra.
    Eying Shoin, Yousuke decides on a truce. "There is something going on here that we have yet to see. Regardless of your personal feelings on the matter that flash of light means trouble and I intend to investigate. If you will not comply to a truce then I will investigate it, with your unconscious body slung over my back."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-15 at 10:46 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke

    A growl escapes from the sand ninja's lips. "How do I know this isn't some kind of trick? You sheathe your sword first, then I'll consider it."

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke shrugged at the suggestion, "Fine."

    In any other scenario, Yousuke's pride would not have let him sheathe his blade in the middle of a battle. A clash between two swordsman was typically one of honor and dignity, but there was no honor in fighting a supposed ally while one's own team was in danger. It had hardly been a battle at all, merely a Suna genin's attempt at a slash. Rationalizing it like so, Yousuke sheathed his fine katana, but did not let himself tense.

    Besides, if the Suna nin did plan on betraying him there was nothing stopping him from drawing it once more.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi gaze narrows on the redhead, hand already on his hilt, No visible weapon, exuding blood lust... Definitely an unarmed taijutsu user. He heaves a heavy sigh, "I doubt we can convince you to let us rescue Cybele from some horrible burns and possibly death?"

    Init: (1d20-1)[10]
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke

    The boy holds up his end of the bargain, and looks toward the village. "Alright then. Truce until we find out what's going on." The sand ninja starts running that way.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shoin will arrive on the third round since he isn't using speed ranks. Assuming Yousuke runs, then he'll arrive onith speed ranks, Yousuke will arrive on the second round. Without them, Yousuke will arrive on the third turn.


    Houshi

    The girl in the green qipao just looks at Houshi with a confused look plastered across her face. "I won't stop you, but she might." She jerks an upturned thumb in Hinami's general direction. "And I can't let her get hurt."

    Hinami continues to ignore the group of genin in favor of watching the fire.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-15 at 11:46 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Feeling a sense of urgency, Yousuke unsuppresses his latent speed, and takes off through the forest and toward the fire.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Unsupress Speed Rank 2

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Eyeing the situation, taking everything in, Amon says through gritted teeth, not taking her eyes off the unambiguous enemies, "In response to your question, Sojuro; I calculated that if either sensei was in that building, there was at least a 70% chance they were traitors. If they were alone, that number well exceeded 90%. I played the numbers. And I must retract my earlier statement, Houshi; I hate being right."

    I knew it. A third operative and Hinami working together is easily the simplest solution. The redhead could have taken Cybele's form to accompany her to the inn, but then that resolves nothing owing to the fact the 3 sand-genin didn't seem to hear the conversation of - WHAT DOES IT MATTER, focus! The third operative, Konoha, scratched out headband, same as Hinami. Doubtless both missing-nin - partners? Or more? To be trusted with such a mission deep undercover, either lover or keen organisation. Two woman with nothing in common leave teir respective ninja clans and are seen at a crime working together many years later - only two conclusions, most likely involving organization, unlikely just containing these two, of likeminded missing-nin, those who draw a sense of common ground from their pure betrayal of the ideals they were expected to embody as ex-ninja. Does that mean there are more operatives in the area? Or among our numbers? Cybele... there couldn't be more than one, and my strategy of holding back from the shadows in case something goes wrong certainly seemed up her alley, yet I doubt Cybele is responsible. Rather, there may still be an operative unseen - though the odds of there being more than just one are extremely unlikely. Four person groups are optimal in tactical situations, perhaps an even smaller number in espionage - more group members present means a higher chance of being discovered. What is Cybele's relationship to the group then - a deserter of the deserters? Or simply an old feud? Was she at all related to this? From the state of teh headband, I'd say they came out to recruit Yusa to their ranks - why wouldn't she join? I think I may have seen a man.. dammit, Yusa's outside my range. Forget it, you wouldn't be able to combat her anyway. Focus on salvaging, as planned. I was prepared to try and outmaneuvre Yusa and Hinami, in teh hopes that the tactical knowledge of Hinami her subordinates would have and Yusa's weakening by her only recently released state would allow us to in some way get the drop on them if we had to fight two people of their power. But this third face is throwing me off entirely - there is little we know of her except what we can deduce - and we certainly don't have the drop on anyone now, perhaps that's my fault but there's no time to dwell on a strategic move's bugs. Speaking of...

    Where is Cybele? Did Hinami just say she was 'watching the bitch burn'? There's only so many people she would take such joy from watching the suffering of, but what if it's a bluff? Then again why bother bluffing to gain the upper hand on US? If Cybele isn't incapacitated, should I try and keep them talking long enough for her to get here so that we might make good our escape? What are the odds of us being allowed to walk away? I haven't learned the art of speed as the others know it - running now would be an exercise in entirely surrendering myself to their mercy to not chase me. Do they really need us dead? We ARE witnesses, but do they care about reputation? If Hinami was wiling to be discreet, she'd stick to her regular uniform, or at least wear a mask - their group may want the prestige taht comes with this little jailbreak. If Cybele is incapacitated, she is almost certainly in immediate mortal peril and unable to be saved under her own power, but if she couldn't defend herself, what chance do we have of saving her? Could we even be expected to? Would she want us to take the risk?

    If their eyes were off us for even a second, and if we knew precisely that Cybele was in that room, I could perhaps have a decent way of saving her... Hinami certainly seems distracted, trusting her companion to watch her, not expecting four lowly genin, children to be a threat to the two of them...


    As Houshi makes ready to do battle to save Cybele, Amon grumbles, seeing their fate already decided. Was telling him to wait even an option? Might as well make the most of it - he seemed capable enough, she supposed, at least to draw the Konoha's attention. She was thinking on her feet, hardly an exercise she appreciated as she felt death drawing near. "You know, part of me hoped this was a training exercise - entirely illusory. Our two sensei bicker all day and seem to betray by night, leaving their genin to act at their own discretion as a test, however ridiculously high stakes. Far too late for that now." She forces an obscene chuckle. She doesn't exactly speak loud enough that Hinami will exactly hear her, it's more a sort of angered whisper. "Was there ever a need to rest her here? No, you just needed ten minutes alone to release her seal, explain the terms to her and move out before any one was any the wiser. Cunning, though I would critise the finer points of your plan; I would have waited more than half a day's slow waddle way from Sogakure, when you were further away and harder to track from either village. I wonder, was there ever a need to transport Yusa? Bit suspicious - two low ranked groups of genin and two jounin, both some sort of missing nin, assigned this task when both villages are too shorthanded to oppose such a plan... Maybe I got lucky and that lightning bolt at least slightly disturbed your plans. Or maybe it..." A thought occurs. Was her technique responsible for incapacitating Cybele!? Guilt and frustration anew course through her veins.

    Our only possible use here would be to save Cybele's life, but Hinami almost certainly won't leave until she's finished burning to death. Wait a second, if she could fool Hinami all day, why not now? Actually, on the concept of trickery, I may have just the right Genjutsu. It's close range though, and a jounin may see right through it. Though I wonder if her willingness to believe it would affect her resistance to the effect? If she's dying in there, I'll need 30 seconds to have a chance of getting her on her feet - I won't be able to drag her away very far if she's unconscious. If she is on her feet in there and waiting for an opportunity, i could cast lightning to grab their attention, but they may even ignor ethat... but I only need the attention of one. And if Cybele is beyond saving, unable to help or whatever else, our best option would be to split off and run as hard and fast as we can to get back to town, report what's happened and possibly get backup - they can't get all of us. perhaps there is a compromise between those plans - if some of us leave as if to run, we'll create an opening, hopefully, in which i can retrieve Cybele. But is it worth it to try? Do I even stand a chance?

    Spoiler
    Show
    I've decided to withhold taking any actions until I discuss my plans with the group OOC, or at least until my next post if I'm not patient enough for that.
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-08-16 at 10:24 AM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    Hinami continues to stare at the spreading fire, and makes no move to defend herself or even acknowledge the presence of the genin. Clearly she sees them as so far beneath her that they pose no possible threat. The leaf nin on the other hand takes their appearance much more seriously. She moves closer to Hinami and adopts a defensive fighting stance.

    Sojuro looks toward Amon. "It seems I was wrong. We can't hope to recapture Yusa, so we should flee while we can."

    Yukiko yells at Hinami. "We trusted you! Hinami-sensei, why?! Why would...!" She grits her teeth and seems ready to do something incredibly stupid.

    The crackling flames rise higher and higher as a spiderweb of red spreads throughout the structure. There's no screaming or yelling from within, nor does anyone run out. Clearly whomever had been working during the night was already dead, and whether Cybele is inside or not remains to be seen. Another beam collapses, and the inn's lowest walls bulge out slightly as the weight of the upper floors rest unevenly on the roof of the first floor.

    Yousuke

    The sky-nin and his sand-nin companion will arrive within a scant few seconds, but both of them can already see the burning inn and several people standing around in front of it. "Yusa was in that inn. What's going on? Could an enemy have attacked, or is it betrayal from within?"

    Spoiler
    Show


    Light Green - Grass
    Light Brown - Dirt
    Dark Brown - Inn
    Red - Fire
    Dark Blue - Hinami
    Dark Red - Houshi
    Light Blue - Amon
    Gold - Sojuro
    Dark Green - Leaf Ninja
    Yellow - Yukiko

    Unknown Initiative roll:(1d20+5)[22]
    Hinami Initiative roll: (1d20+8)[11]
    Sojuro Initiative roll: (1d20+6)[26]
    Yukiko Initiative roll: (1d20+4)[9]

    Hinami does nothing. Unknown leaf nin enters an unknown taijutsu stance (DC 21 Taijutsu check to identify) and readies an action to defend Hinami.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi closed his eyes and ready himself with a deep breath. His muscles bulged as he summoned his full strength and lunged forward, blade over head, "Hokujutsu..." He brings it down in viscous fashion but with little accuracy, Damn it! Not the time.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moves 5' NE, 35' North, auto passes check and uses HJ: Daibutsu.

    Hit Points: 29/29
    Chakra Pool: 22/23 0/5
    Chakra Reserve: 8/8
    Armour Class: 13
    Ongoing Effects: Str Rank 1 (1/5), Spd Rank 1 (3/5)

    Hokujutsu: Daibutsu
    Attack:
    (1d20+10)[13]
    Damage Roll: (3d8+14)[26] (1d6)[3]
    Chakra Cost: 4

    If it hits, DC 23 Fort Save or she's knocked prone.
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-08-16 at 06:54 PM.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon nods at Sojuro's evaluation. He's right, we need to get out of here. If Cybele is dying my chances of saving her from this position are nill anyway; if we can make them give chase I might be able to at least circle around, and I don't think a woman of her stature, taht knew the risks and responsibilities, would want her subordinates to die on a hunch. She rests a hand on Yukiko's shoulder. "Get a hold of yourself. If we do anything rash, we'll all die and they'll escape into the night," she instructs her. "Come on, well use the duplicatioon technique and scatter, meeting back at Sogakure - it may not be neutral ground, but it's the closest friendly territory. As long as we remain calm, we'll - WAIT, WHAT NOOOOO!" Amon screams from surprise and frustration as Houshi charges forward. "NOW YOU'RE ASSERTIVE!? WHY WOULD YOU -!?"

    Damn it, just after they line up perfectly, now he's in the cross hairs... Guess I'll have to do this the hard way. "Swim or sink time, you two," she addresses the sand-nin. "Either use duplication technique to cover your retreat and run as fast as you can, or follow my lead and see if you can help me keep your former teacher distracted."

    Amon bursts forward, closely following Houshi, her heart feeling like it was about to explode - looking calm being about all she can muster. Trying to remain close behind him, she tosses overarm a smoke bomb she'd had in hand since they'd emerged from the inn. The smoke is aimed to shroud the ten foot cube containing the two enemy ninjas. "Houshi, get ready to pull back you impulsive bastard!" Sensei, if you were waiting for an opening, I hope that smokescreen qualifies... please...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative 16
    Move action to go 30 feet north, then standard action to toss smoke bomb. Amon should come up just behind Houshi, using him as a wall between her frail self and the enemy ninja
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    Amon's smoke bomb signals the beginning of an orgy of violence. As soon as it explodes Hinami and her leaf-nin friend dash out of it.

    The leaf-nin steps dodges Houshi's swing, then her hand shoots out and strikes the genin's wrist. Her other hand follows the first, but grips the handle of his massive blade instead of striking the genin himself. In a single flurry of movement she's twisted the giant blade out of Houshi's hands and into her own. She plants the blade point-first into the ground then uses it to pole vault herself up to kick the young genin in the chest. She drops the fullblade afterward, then steps on it and resumes her stance--practically daring Houshi to try and take it back.

    "Good try", the leaf-nin says in a songbird's voice, "but what can you do without that giant slab of steel?"

    Yukiko shrugs off Amon's hand after Houshi charges in. "There's no way I'd run!" She charges in toward the green ninja and launches herself into the air for a flying kick. Yukiko's kick meets the leaf-nin's extended hands as she blocks the sand-ninja's foot. Yukiko lands beside Houshi, then looks toward the giant ninja. "Even if we aren't friends, I've still got your back for now."

    Sojuro laughs to himself. "We wouldn't get away fast enough anyway." He moves closer, draws a kunai with an exploding tag already wrapped around it, then charges the tag.

    Hinami finally turns to recognize the genin's presence, and starts to pull of a technique when a blur of motion shoots out from the burning building. Her technique is interrupted by an iron spike stabbing into her left arm. The "kunai", if it could be called that, is a thick slab of slivery-white steel sharpened to a point, but lacks any discernible grip. The spike's attached to a very long chain that Houshi would recognize as the same chains Cybele had worn when you met. In fact, the jounin in question appears behind Hinami with a pair of these strange kunai in hand.

    Whatever technique Hinami was going to attempt had been stopped by Cybele. Cybele tenses up as she gets ready for whatever Hinami is planning to do next.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Light Green - Grass
    Light Brown - Dirt
    Dark Brown - Inn
    Red - Fire
    Dark Blue - Hinami
    Dark Red - Houshi
    Light Blue - Amon
    Gold - Sojuro
    Dark Green - Leaf Ninja
    Yellow - Yukiko
    Light Gray - Smoke
    Dark Gray - Yousuke
    Pink - Shoin
    Purple - Cybele

    Initiative order:
    Unknown Leaf Ninja - 22
    Amon - 16
    Hinami - 11
    Cybele - 10 [Readied action]
    Houshi - 10
    Sojuro - 10 [Delayed]
    Yukiko - 9

    Whew, lots of stuff going on this round. Yousuke and Shoin arrive at the bottom of the map, and may act on their initiative count on this turn.

    Leaf-nin five-foot-steps into range of Houshi then attempts to disarm Houshi. She does not provoke an AoO due to Improved Disarm.
    Unknown Disarm Attempt: (1d20+27)[32] vs Houshi's Disarm Check: (1d20+24)[26] (Houshi gets +9 for BAB+STR, +4 for being large, +8 for his weapon being huge, and +3 from Strength Rank 1 for a total of +24). If the leaf nin succeeds, she drops his weapon at her feet. If she fails, then Houshi is unable to counter-disarm due to her Improved Disarm feat.
    Unknown Unarmed Attack: (1d20+14)[21] to hit vs Houshi's AC of 13.
    Unknown Damage Roll: [roll]1d8+10[roll]. 18 damage.

    Yukiko does a charging unarmed attack vs the leaf-nin.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+14)[27]
    Damage Roll: (1d4+7)[10]

    Yukiko designates Houshi as the target of her Guardian's Mind ability, and grants him a +2 circumstance bonus to AC for 2 rounds.

    Sojuro draws a kunai with a lesser paper bomb on it as he moves, then charges the paper bomb with one charge.
    Chakra Control check: (1d20+5)[19] vs DC 10.

    Cybele makes a charge out of the burning building vs Hinami.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+19)[31]
    Damage Roll: (1d4+3)[6] Kunai + (4d6)[8] Sneak Attack.

    Hinami attempts a technique, but is interrupted by Cybele. She has a +3 Concentration check, so I won't even bother to roll.

    Results
    Leaf Nin potential AC: ~27
    Damage Dealt: 10.

    Hinami potential AC: ~31
    Damage Dealt: 14.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-17 at 09:46 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon resists the temptation to cheer as Cybele appears, knowing that hardly means they're out of danger yet. If that second kunoichi wasn't here, defeating Hinami might be easily doable, all things considered. She's certainly physically threatening, but I wonder if she's the biggest threat... If I could back up Cybele, she might be able overwhelm Hinami so we can refocus ourselves, but in those few moments who knows what might happen to the Genin engaging the enemy Kunoichi. But if CYBELE is overwhelmed, our only chance at victory will vanish. I would shoot a dart filled with poison right in Hinami's ass and hope for the best, but even she's not distracted enough for that to work and I might hit Cybele from this angle.

    As she sees Yosuke approach, she recalculates her odds. She does her best to shout the situation over to him as quickly as possible. "HINAMI IS A CONSPIRATOR - SHE'S RELEASED YUSA AND HAS BACKUP, A KONOHA ABANDONER. SAND-GENIN DIDN'T KNOW, ALLIES - CYBELE innoce-.. NOT GUILTY. ENGAGING NOW!"

    Wait... Hinami's physical abilities likely pale by comparison to her ninjutsu - she hardly has the stature of her companion. I have it! I was hoping to use this technique when those two were put together, but this way may be even better. I'll rob her of her senses - or at least her concentration!

    Amon dashes a little more, going 15 feet north and 15 feet northeast, all the way cursing the short range of her technique but knowing what must be done. "Yukiko, Houshi, get ready to move before you get a kunai in the ass. Houshi, use that superior stature of yours and Yukiko's help to try and knock her into the burning wreckage - the foundations should be sufficiently damages that knocking down a wall and dropping the inn on her should suffice - it'll keep her out of the fight for long enough at least. YOUSUKE, HOUSHI'S HURT, GET OVER HERE AND TAG OUT, ASAP! Cybele-sensei, go all out stabbing her repeatedly, Sojuro, focus on either distracting the the leaf-nin or damaging Hinami, your choice!" She immediately regrets a few of those orders, knowing she may well have put too many expectations upon herself, but knowing her next technique may just do the trick... She prepares the hand-signs, softly murmuring the the incantation in contrast to what would shortly follow. "Rousuru Onpa no Jutsu."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ready an action to interrupt Hinami: if she makes to use any technique, use the Deafening Sound Wave. Amon makes sure to veer it in the opposite direction of Cybele, hoping to keep her out of teh area of effect even if Hinami moves, which she likely will as I think that smoke bomb is due to expand - though the flames of the inn may be supplanting them, the air pressure pushing them away or the smoke of the inn's own fire supplementing it, who knows. Point is, the move will go like so...

    If Hinami makes to use any technique, Amon uses Deafening Sound Wave, focusing it on her. She is allowed a DC 19 fortitude save; on failure she is deafened for (1d6+1)[3] rounds. WHETHER OR NOT she succeeds on the save (as in, this WILL occur, this effect), she takes (2d6)[2] sonic damage, likely thowing off the concentration required for any given move.

    Hinami using a technique should include if Amon somehow misses the use of the technique but sees its results, such as a fireball, I think. Hopefully you're a bit liberal with taht. I'm hoping to get the drop on her here - I'm standing at just a little closer than max range and she doesn't think of me as a threat.

    The smoke is both a blessing and a curse. I hope I haven't screwed my initiative up for nothing here since this may be our only chance to seize the upper hand.


    Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amon - AC 16, HP 25/25. With my delayed action, I should be at initiative 10
    if you need any additional data, I'll edit it in.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi smirked, "This." With a reverse spinning backfist, he cleared a path for the kunai. Little did the missing nin know, that Houshi's taijutsu was just as useful without his sword. If he could get it together that is.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moves 5' NW, auto passes check and uses SHW: Igeki.

    Hit Points: 11/29
    Chakra Pool: 19/23 0/5
    Chakra Reserve: 8/8
    Armour Class: 15
    Ongoing Effects: Str Rank 1 (2/5), Spd Rank 1 (4/5), Guardian's Mind (1/2)

    Sangeki Hissatsu Waza: Igeki
    Attack:
    (1d20+11)[14]
    Damage Roll: (1d4+10)[14] (1d4)[4]
    Chakra Cost: 3

    If it hits, DC 22 Fort Save or she's stunned for 1 round.
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-08-17 at 05:07 PM.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke surveyed the battle and clicked his tongue irritably, annoyed that he was now 2 for 2 in terrible missions. Granted, the first one had been a test, but even that had resulted in a reassigned teammate. And just as if his luck could not have gotten worse, it seemed as if there was now yet another obstacle in the form of a women. Were Konpaku males fated to deal with troublesome women? He would have to ask his grandfather when he returned to Soragakure. And he would return, for he had no intention of considering the alternative.

    Seeing that Cybele was engaged against Hinami, Yousuke wordlessly charged to give aid to his jonin-sensei. Or, whatever was posing as Cybele. It was hard to tell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Points: 23/30
    Chakra Pool: 20/22 (0/7)
    Chakra Reserve: 10/10
    Defense: 22
    Ongoing Effects: Str Rank 1 (1/5), Spd Rank 1 (2/5), Striking Tiger Stance, Charging

    Free Action!
    Unleash Strength Rank 1

    Move Action!
    Charge to (16,5) and draw Katana.

    Attack Action!
    Sword Art: Moon Slash
    Attack: (1d20+13)[18]
    Damage Roll: (1d10+2)[11]
    Jutsu Damage: 2d6[/roll]
    Chakra Cost: 4

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    The leaf-nin gracefully slides under his outstretched arm and moves in closer with the same beautifully efficient movement. Her arms lash out at a speed that neither Amon nor Sojuro are able to follow with their eyes. Two strikes home in at Houshi's heart and head with killing intent. But they don't connect with the big genin. Yukiko hurls herself into the oncoming fists as she aims to protect her fire-forged comrade.

    An uppercut catches Yukiko in the head and sends her skyward. Yukiko yelps like a beaten dog, then slams into the ground roughly as the leaf-nin's foot catches her in the ribs and propels her downward. She bounces off the hard packed dirt, lands on her back, then lays motionless. She's still breathing, but her pained yelps and groans are those of a dog beaten within an inch of its life.

    The leaf-nin retakes her stance and turns to Houshi. "Maybe you can do better."

    "Yukiko! Ahhh!" Sojuro hurls his explosive kunai behind the leaf-ninja, hoping to bring her down without harming either Yukiko or Houshi. The explosion catches the leaf nin by surprise, but she survives it intact--albeit with some singed clothing.

    Yousuke and Shoin charge the sand ninja's former jounin simultaneously. Yousuke's blade finds flesh and draws blood as he cuts the jounin across the stomach. Shoin is less lucky as his ninja-to finds nothing but air and dirt in its path.

    Hinami falls back into the smoke as it spreads, which prevents both Amon and Cybele from acting as neither one is able to see her. Hinami makes herself immediately visible when she summons a sudden and violent windstorm. The slicing winds cut through smoke, grass, and flesh alike as they overwhelm Shoin, Yousuke, and Cybele. Shoin avoids a grave injury, and Cybele avoids injury entirely. The smoke is blown away by Hinami's wind technique, and its absence reveals the jounin in a much more muscular form. Her skin is rough and almost rock like, and she looks near impossible to harm with conventional weapons.

    The sky-jounin steps forward to follow Hinami, simultaneously a dark shadow darts out from the jounin's own shadow and into Hinami's. Cybele's twin spikes dart forward, and the first one finds flesh while the second is narrowly deflected. Unfortunately Hinami's bloodline prevents Cybele from dealing damage.

    But then your teacher appears behind Hinami as well. She closes her eyes tightly, pulls off her glasses, and shouts. "Yousuke, close your eyes quickly!" She hopes Yousuke obeys, and opens her eyes. An intense coldness washes over the genin, as if ice had been injected directly into their veins. A powerful pressure follows it, and it seems like the next movement you make may be your last. Then it's gone, and Cybele's eyes are closed again.

    Hinami is left standing, breathing heavily, and clutching her left arm. Dirt and dust crumbles off her body as she breathes, and a casual glance tells anyone watching that her left arm was now a beautifully crafted statue of a human arm. The weight of the limb threw Hinami off balance, and the jounin struggled to keep herself upright.

    Hinami starts looking around for places she can bolt to.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Light Green - Grass
    Light Brown - Dirt
    Dark Brown - Inn
    Red - Fire
    Dark Blue - Hinami
    Dark Red - Houshi
    Light Blue - Amon
    Gold - Sojuro
    Dark Green - Leaf Ninja
    Yellow - Yukiko
    Light Gray - Smoke
    Dark Gray - Yousuke
    Pink - Shoin
    Purple - Cybele #1 and #2

    Leaf-nin
    Double attacks Houshi, but it's intercepted by Yukiko.

    Iaiken Attack Roll #1: (1d20+17)[26] vs Yukiko's AC of 21. Hits.
    Damage Roll: (1d8+10)[15] + (2d4)[4].

    Iaiken Attack Roll #2: (1d20+12)[21] vs Yukiko's AC of 21. Hits.
    Damage Roll: (1d8+10)[11] + (2d4)[8]. Dead.

    Yukiko
    Yukiko uses Guardian's Heart, spending 2 of her 4 uses for this encounter to intercept both attacks vs Houshi. Houshi gains a +2 morale bonus to attack rolls and weapon damage for his next attack.

    She's brought down from 31 to -7 and is dying.

    If she's still alive, she'll attack the leaf-nin with her fists.

    Unarmed Attack Roll: (1d20+12)[32]
    Damage Roll: (1d4+7)[10]


    Sojuro
    Throws kunai at (11,2), aiming to only hit the leaf-nin with splash damage.
    His kunai explodes for (2d6)[7] fire damage, which the Unknown ninja can halve on a successful reflex save((1d20+8)[11]) vs a DC of 15.

    Shoin
    Shoin's Initiative. Uses Ryuutsuki on Hinami.

    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[12] + Action Point (1d6)[5] - Whiff.
    Damage Roll: (1d8+4)[9]

    Hinami
    Backs up and uses Kamataichi on Cybele, Shoin, and Yousuke. She empowers it to (6d6)[16], halved on a successful reflex save against a DC of 16.

    Shoin Reflex: (1d20+9)[28]
    Cybele Reflex: (1d20+14)[19]

    Cybele
    Clone five foot steps forward then full attacks. Real one Hirameku's behind Hinami, remaining hidden and hiding in Hinami's own shadow. Cybele sneak-attacks with her doujutsu.

    Clone(C2)
    Attack Roll #1: (1d20+17)[24] - Hit
    Attack Roll #2: (1d20+12)[22] - Whiff
    Damage Roll #1: (1d4+3)[5] - DR reduces this to 0.
    Damage Roll #2: (1d4+3)[7] - Whiff

    Real(C1)
    Flat-footed Touch Attack #1: (1d20+12)[19] + Action Point (2d6)[6][6](12) - Hit.
    Flat-footed Touch Attack #2: (1d20+7)[18] - Hit.
    Damage Roll #1: (4d6)[16] Doton + (4d6)[13] Sneak Attack - Unaffected by DR
    Damage Roll #2: (4d6)[17] Doton. - Hit, actually.

    Results
    Leaf Nin potential AC: ~27
    Damage Dealt: 17.

    Hinami definite AC: 24(touch 19; Flat Footed 20; Flat Footed Touch 15)
    Damage Dealt: 68.

    Yukiko: Down and bleeding out.
    Shoin: Minor cuts.
    Sojuro: Mint Condition.
    Cybele Clone: Mint Condition.
    Cybele: Looking extremely exhausted.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-17 at 09:52 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    The leaf-nin looks over to her compatriot, realizes that they're in a bad position, then makes due. She slowly moves away from Houshi, and toward the battered and broken Yukiko. Once she's within range the leaf-nin steps on Yukiko's throat and holds up her hand to stop the fighting.

    "Stop, or I'll kill her."

    She applies a bit of pressure on Yukiko's throat to demonstrate her resolve. The action elicits a pitiful half-groan half-yelp of pain from the injured sand ninja. The redhead ignores her and continues to speak.

    "I'll give her... ten seconds, at best, before she bleeds to death. If you let Hinami and I get away, then I'll let you have her. Otherwise... Well, I stomp her throat in and kill as many of you as I can."

    A bit more pressure goes onto Yukiko's throat, and the beaten sand ninja cries and weakly claws at the pressure on her windpipe.

    "Choose quickly"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Double posting because Red goes first in the initiative order.

    She grapples Yukiko, who cannot fight back due to being in the negatives. She immediately takes Yukiko hostage.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Dammit, I'm so tense I let it cloud my judgement - OF COURSE, she would step into the smoke where I can't see her perform a technique. At least it's gone now. Amon gets halfway through shouting instructions - "So, grab Yu and get her out of there, swordsmen, get Houshi's sword back to him and press the leaf-nin, I'll-" when the leaf-nin grabs Yukiko and it all becomes moot. No no no no, NO!

    She looks helplessly to Cybele for judgement, seeing her more than a little preoccupied. Will either village look on it favourably if we chose the life of a Genin over capturing the only people who could lead us back to Yusa? Forget it, what's right is more important than your career. And it's hardly as if I know these two to be the ONLY link back to Yusa and the rest of their gang.. Her eyes flutter again to Cybele, this time in hope that she knew at least a little. She fit the profile for their members at least, so maybe she knew SOMETHING Nothing else for it... After all, Houshi is a team member and she did just take those hits for him. And if I hadn't wasted time trying to give Cybele an advantage when things were obviously going her way, Yukiko may not have gotten hurt in the first place. I'm an idiot - saving her is the least I can do.

    "Fine, just... just let me heal her, okay?" Amon raises her arms in surrender, casting her sword down as she cautiously takes a step towards Yukiko, desperately hoping this woman was at least sane enough to understand mutually assured destruction. Wasting no time, yet not wanting to appear aggressive, she steps right up to the leaf ninja, her heart in her throat as she stares her down in her arm's reach for the first time - feeling the terror that comes with combating a superior foe. If this woman snapped, Amon would likely be in an even worse state than Yukiko. "Just be calm, okay," she says, her own voice breathless. "I'm just going to perform a medical jutsu to save her. You just..." her eyes flicker to Cybele, trying to get the message across. "...do what you feel is necessary." She turns her attention back to the enemy, hoping she didn't notice her slight espionage-like tactics. "It would be unbecoming of one as skilled and sexy as yourself to not uphold their end of the bargain," she comments with a slight nervous stutter, hoping she was vulnerable to compliments in the same way Cybele was - or at least that the strangeness of calling an opponent 'sexy', however true or false in teh middle fo a fight, would diverge her attention away from the meaning of what she just said to Cybele.

    Gulping, she crouches down to Yukiko's level and performs her hand seals. As her eyes level with the mad ninja - strong, dangerous, beautiful - it throws her off entirely, and she barely manages to focus on the technique. She nods calmly to assure the enemy of her peaceful intent as she lays her hands upon Yukiko to patch her up. If Cybele thinks we should keep fighting, she'll just keep striking her Hinami; otherwise she'll let her escape. Quite simply, as the most experienced one here, the decision is still in her hands. Her eyes flutter up towards Houshi, a silent plea to not do anything rash. A sudden thought occurs. Maybe she doesn't know enough about medical jutsu to know if when she sees it. Maybe I could just for a second catch her off guard and use my technique to - the feeling of the woman's breath on her face strikes an odd fear in her, putting all thoughts of rebellion from her. N-no, she'll kill me, or worse... Her eyes widened from fear, she just tries to avoid making eye contact again for fear of losing all focus on her technique.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Amon - AC 16, HP 25/25, Chakra Pool 17/20
    use 2 chakra to initiate Medical Ninjutsu: Healing - First Rank. Amon will focus on healing this round, on the first round healing Yukiko for (1d4+1)[4] HP, at least stabilizing her.
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-08-18 at 09:21 AM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    The leaf-nin's face remains the same implacable mask of indifference as Amon approaches. "Alright. You can heal her, but only enough to stop her from dying. The rest of you, drop your weapons." She clearly wasn't going to let her bargaining chip die just yet, but she was just as unwilling to let Yukiko go. The leaf-ninja didn't respond to Amon's mindless chatter. She either didn't want to talk, or simply didn't care about what was being said. Even Amon's attempt at flustering her is rebuffed with cold and enduring silence. That doesn't mean she stopped paying attention either, as she remains vigilant against any movement made by the others. So long as no one makes an overt movement the leaf-nin does nothing to cause Yukiko any further harm.

    Cybele, Sojuro, and Shoin all stop resisting and drop their weapons. Shoin looks pissed about the whole thing, particularly since he seemed to honestly believe his sensei would never abandon him or his team. And yet here she was, letting this rogue leaf ninja stomp all over Yukiko like she was some kind of doormat. Shoin grits his teeth as he tries to talk to Hinami, but everything comes out aggressive and angry.

    "She looked up to you...! Why?! How could you just abandon us?" For all his self-righteous anger his words fall on deaf ears. Hinami either doesn't care, or doesn't want, to respond to Shoin's indignation. The rock ninja had more important things to do, and Yukiko's misplaced hero worship threatened to ruin those things. Hinami still looks tired, beaten down, and struggles with the weight of her now stone left arm. But the words that do come out of her mouth in the wake of Shoin's outburst are surprising given her condition.

    "Meiling. Kill her, then the other girl and the boy." Hinami tries to stand up straight, and seems to accept the death that would come after Meiling followed through with her orders.

    "No, don't! Please, let her go. You can have me instead!" Sojuro cries out in a vain attempt to stop Meiling, but the leaf-nin ignores the mewling of children. Even so, she doesn't move to obey Hinami at all either. Instead she just looks at Hinami with all the obvious disinterest of an intellectual watching a particularly rousing session of paint drying.

    "No", the leaf-nin speaks quietly, "Yusa-sama gave me an order, and I am bound to obey. You must survive, and I do not intend to throw your life away on this pointless vendetta." Meiling looks toward Hinami, then shakes her head. "You lost. She won. Let it go before you jeopardize our organization again."

    "Enough", Cybele #1 says while glaring at Hinami, "You win. Let her go."

    Meiling holds her position as Hinami runs away first. After few seconds, Meiling joins her. The second Cybele disappears after them, but the first remains behind. The older jounin's chest heaves as she seems much more tired out than should be reasonable given the exertion she put out during the fight. Her body shakes, her breathing comes in ragged gasps, her body tenses and untenses unnaturally, and she seems ready to pass out. By now, several villagers have filed out of their homes to see the inn burn. Some of them start up a bucket brigade, and attempt to enlist Houshi and Yousuke to help. Fire licked the outside of the inn now, and the upper floors collapsed into the lower one. Soon nothing would be left but ash and painful memories.

    Sojuro and Shoin run up to Yukiko, desperate to know whether she'll make it or not. The girl in question fell into blissful unconscious once Amon started her technique. Once confirmed one way or another Shoin wanders off to be alone while Sojuro remains at Yukiko's side. Occasionally the female sand ninja tenses up, whimpers, and twitches as if she were dreaming of something. The chaos of the villager's appearance, and their requests for help, allowed Cybele to disappear somewhere.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The genin get 1300 xp for defeating Meiling/Hinami. You're free to do as you will for the evening.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •