Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke heaved a sigh as he moved pull the girl up from the ground. Did she not have any sense of propriety? Rolling around on the ground like some kind of disgusting animal was simply not proper conduct. "Honestly, you should not b-" stopped mid-lecture by her delirious kiss on the cheek, Yousuke recoils, letting Amon drop to the ground once more.

    "Do not do that again." How shameful. Did she not realize that actions such as her own were simply not done?

    He brushed himself off before responding to Houshi, "And what do you suggest? Sune is our only hope of stopping and rescuing our sensei. Does your honor not burn to have her back?"

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "If anything burns to hot... honor, pride, love, hate... It threatens to consume everything. You temper the flame to forge the blade. Otherwise, when it's time to use the blade, it will be brittle and useless." While it was one big metaphor, he felt that his fellow swordsman should understand, "We need to stick together more then ever. Also, shouldn't we honor what could possibly be our sensei's last order?"
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "Ow, stupid Yousuke, no idea how to treat a girl," Amon comments as he dropd her. "No sense of humour, either."

    As Houshi tries pitching in to keep Yousuke around, Amon adds. "It would take you... 8 hours to reach Sogakure. A little less maybe. By that time, whatever is going to happen will happen and you wouldn't have been around to change anything. If you want to save Cybele, you'd better stay here - if she needs you, you'll be at hand. What if you leave and she's killed and you could have made a difference, taht's all I'll say. If she's taken prisoner, a half hour of waiting will not put any more tension on that situation, okay? We need you here. I specifically need you stand right her in front of Houshi where I can reach you - there ya go..." Criticising Yousuke seemed to have brought her focus back somewhat as she reaches from her arm-cradle to grab Yousuke, using a healing technique to patch him up. "I need my meat shield in prime condition."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yousuke is healed for (5d4+5)[16] damage


    After healing Youeuke, Amon revs up the technique again, this time healing herself, closing her eyes and looking a little angelic as she focuses. After a couple of minutes as the last of her wounds close, her breathing returns to normal. "You can put me down, Houshi, I can handle myself. Though your arms are very comfortable - remind me to hitch a ride again." Once on the ground, she states "Well, taht killed 5 minutes. Anyone else need healing? Houshi, did I get all of your wounds? We could get drunk."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Total chakra spent: 4. Can I use this from my chakra reserves? I'll debate that OOC
    And Amon is healed (5d4+5)[18]
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    He scowled at Houshi's turn of phrase, etching his features with harsh lines. "They will not be her last orders if it is within my power to stop it." With a flutter of his clothing, Yousuke sharply turned away from the group and made to return to Soragakure. "Now if you will excuse me."

    And had he not stumbled on his feet he likely would have made good on that promise. This time he directed his scowl toward at the pink fleshy scar he knew was obscured under his pants. The injury was courtesy of the lucky bandit who had managed to scratch at him at the Sugomaki Caverns. The medic at the hospital had assured him that it would not hinder him in combat, but warned that any harsh or jerky movements would cause him some pain.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    The storm clouds that had been gathering for quite some time finally make themselves known. A soft echo of thunder announces the start of the rainfall, and it quickly picks up. The driving rain batters villagers, the burnt inn, and ninja alike as it comes cascading down. Sojuro looks toward your group, and asks a seemingly innocent question:

    "We need to get Yukiko inside. What are we gonna do?"

    Indeed. What do the sky genin intend to do? Their alienated jounin has vanished, one of their allies is gravely wounded, and the others are emotionally broken or suicidal. Now is the time for them to take charge, but they're floundering.

    Amon

    As Amon attempts to manipulate her own chakra flow she feels something extremely strange take place. A heavy foreign body rests within her chakra pathways, and its moving. When she healed Yousuke, her focus on wrestling with his chakra's conflicting nature allowed it to move in secret, but cycling her own chakra causes its movements to become clear as day. The heaviness slithers from the real parts of her hands to her forearms, and from her forearms to her elbows. Pins and needles shoot through her limbs as the foreign presence crawls its way through her chakra coils. Whatever it is the presence feels malign and dangerous, but most importantly it feels subversive. It's almost as if the presence had attempted to wriggle in between her conscious and subconscious understanding, and that it was consciously attempting to avoid detection. Luckily Amon's expert control over her own chakra allows her to detect its movements this time. She can now detect whenever it moves.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon's eyes bulge as she feels something unnatural within herself. What on earth was that? G-get it out... Is it from when I tried to heal Cybele? What did it do - is it some sort of parasite?

    At Sojuro's question, she doesn't even spare a thought, looking herself over horrifyingly. "Sand-nin, get inside one of the houses and fortify the crap out of it. Wait for our signal to move out," she instructs simply, not even looking at him as she looks over her arms where she felt the presence rest.

    What is this, an invasion of my chakra pathways? P-please, will I not be able to use my ninjutsu anymore. She looks on the verge of losing it all over again. Calm down, calm down. Uh, Cybele mentioned Sune was the one person that could heal her, which must mean she knows of the conditions that surround her - so if there's any way to get rid of this, I should ask her. Just stay calm, you'l be fine... assuming you don't need to use your techniques within the next few hours. The only sign Amon shows of acknowledging the rain is pitching up her poncho above her head like something between a tent and an umbrella with her swordcane. Maybe if I drained my chakra pathways... can I take that risk that it'll be made worse though? I almost certainly can't afford to wait until some combat or other high-stress situation where I'm relied upon to find out that I'm useless. I either have to write myself off entirely or find out my limits. But this thing seems to have a progression. To my head perhaps? Eithe rway, it won't be strictly recreatable, so tinkeirng with it tow may only progress whatever condition has been bestowed on me. What if I used someone else's chakra to - no, that technique might spread this condition to them.

    Looking more terrified than ever but not saying why, she looks up to Houshi and Yousuke. "If either of you can sense chakra at all, I need you to touch me and tell me what you feel. I suspect Cybele may have infected me with... with something." Dare I try and heal myself of this oddest of conditions right now? What if I die? Stupid, stupid Amon, it's time you learned some god damn caution instead of prodding at things out of the ordinary. With your bare hands
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-08-19 at 08:22 PM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Putting her down, Houshi nods, "Yeah, I'm fine now and no we won't. Not the time to be under the influence."

    Houshi quirks a brow at Amon's latest question, "Did you seriously just ask me that?" He follows after the sand nin and helps them starts fortifying.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    Sojuro finds a home to use. The locals say it belongs to a traveling merchant, and that he's out of town. His daughter is living there alone, and offers to let all the ninja stay. She allows Sojuro to use her bed for Yukiko, and begins cooking dinner. The merchant's daughter can't be older than nine or ten, but acts like a fully grown adult given how she goes about the business of preparing supper for several people.

    ---

    Shoin doesn't appear until ten minutes later, when he shows up and talks about something he found. "There's three sets of tracks leading northwest of the village, toward the Wind Country. Two humans, followed by a third human, and they were followed by yet another human. The first two sets are probably my teacher, that leaf ninja, and your teacher's clone. The last set might be your teacher's."

    Amon

    The ninja girls attempts to communicate are either ignored or unable to reach it. The entity within her makes no movements during her attempt, and does nothing in response to her attempt at communication.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "Well of course I wouldn't expect it of him. God, how do I keep forgetting. How does he LIVE without ninjutsu?" That question makes her flinch as she tries to avoid pondering that possibility applying to her. "Yousuke, I have an idea. Give me the scroll a second It said something about a snake and this thing inside me... Just lend it to me. so I can read it"

    ---
    Assuming Yousuke hands over the scroll
    ---

    Amon takes the scroll of Cybele, picking away at it in hopes it wasn't also somehow deadly to the touch.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Disable Device to get rid of traps(?) (1d20+14)[31]


    She cracks it open, skimming the thing in hopes of some meaning coming to light of her condition.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Decipher Script (1d20+5)[24]
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Shrugging his shoulders, Yousuke tosses the pressure cargo to Amon and takes a spot by the door to guard Yukiko. He draws the sword to check for any battle damage. Finding none, he settles the blade on his lap to begin his vigil.

    They needed to get back to Soragakure soon. The rain was sure to erase whatever tracks their quarry had left behind and every second they tarried would make it that much harder to follow behind. If Yukiko did not wake up soon they would just have to carry her back to the village and hope that the weather and travel conditions did not reopen her wounds.

    "We will need to leave soon. I fear for this village's safety and our own should we delay our travel for such a time long.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon doesn't step into the house. Clutching the scroll in hand as she puzzles through it, she shakes in fury.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh I forgot to do this last night; rather than take 20, I spend an action point to augment my original check of 24
    (1d6)[6]
    So the check still only takes a minute. That's an auto-succeed, I reckon, so I read the PM. I don't want Cybele to die, so I'm willing to get myself in trouble for bending the rules - she seems like a fun NPC.

    Edit: That brings me up to a 30, which I believe would normally be a new step of success, though I'm not sure that's necessary since Amon got all the information she needs.


    "I knew it, she intends to die. This essentially her will," Amon observes, grimacing. "I've wasted too much time, she may already be... Dammit, no! If she's dead... I at least want to know. You, bald one!" she orders suddenly, passing the scroll back to Yousuke. "You're leading me on that fourth person's tracks, now. I can't... I can't let her die thinking she wasn't worth anything." Amon storms off, though not before swiping at Houshi's equipment. "I'm sorry, but something has infected my chakra streams so using my techniques is risky. I'm borrowing this summoning scroll, okay?" With that, she pockets Houshi's scroll if not stopped. "You two stay here and be out of here within the hour - you really don't have time to eat dinner, I'm sure."

    Would Bludra of the Village of Powder* run form a fight if it meant leaving a comrade to die - when that comrade was going to throw their life away and think she deserved it? Nay. Then why should I?

    *
    Spoiler
    Show
    Main character of a ninja comic book Amon is a big fan of, by the name of NinJump


    ---

    Amon makes her way quickly in the direction Shoin specified, dragging him by the ear most of the way if need be. She stops on the outskirts of town. "Okay, get tracking. I changed my mind - follow the third set of tracks, the clones, I have an idea. It's risky, but trust me. And keep your head down, for god's sake." hesitantly she forms hand seals, hoping such a basic technique doesn't agitate the entity too much.

    Amon uses the transformation technique to take the form of Cybele when they first met, equipment and all, before following the path

    Spoiler
    Show
    1 chakra spent for a 10 minute transformation.
    In case you need it, Chakra Contorl (1d20+7)[15]


    Sensei... I know I can't beat those two. But damn if I won't at least try to save your life if yet you draw breath - I can handle that much at least. I won't let you die out of guilt. I may not know about Nanako or whatever is in your past... but I may never know if you die now. I'll give you your voice, I'll make you unafraid to share such tales, I'll unburden you, I'll do what it takes to make sure you come out of this alive, so don't you dare die before I get there.
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-08-20 at 06:35 AM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke stands in muted shock but recovers and shares a glance with his fellow sky-swordsman, "We're going after her."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-20 at 11:34 AM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi does stop Amon from taking his scroll, "That's even more reason why shouldn't go you crazy women!" He looks down at Yousuke, "God, you're both nuts! Never thought I would have to be the voice of reason but you are both being guided by your emotions." He sighs, rubbing the the bridge of his nose, "If this gets us killed I'm haunting both of you in the afterlife. You should give him the message though." He points to Sojuro, "You can carry Yukiko back to Soragakure right? They need to know what's happened here in the event that what happens doesn't go in our favor."
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Nodding grimly, Yousuke sheathes his sword and gathers his bag in preparation. "Crazy as they may be, we are yet bound as a team. It is our duty as a team to see them back home safely, damn the consequences." Finally ready, Yousuke stops in front of the door and looks once more to Houshi.

    "If you have no further objections, I believe it is high time that we leave."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-20 at 04:52 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    Sojuro looks at Houshi, then nods. "We'll live. Good luck." He's still empty as he speaks, and nothing but worry and fear edges his voice. "And try not to get yourselves killed."

    Amon

    Sharp pin-pricks dance up Amon's elbows and into her biceps and shoulders. The wriggling squirming mass of chakra swells as Amon feels it feeding on the energy she had spent. But rather than drain her of this energy, it cycles her chakra through itself then lets that energy flow back into Amon's system--tainted, but still there. The flow of chi within her body feels slimy and oily, as if a thin sheen of motor oil had spilled into the clean lake that is her energy reserve.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Amon loses 1 chakra as per normal, but gains 1 temporary point of chakra reserve. This point is spent first if Amon attempts to tap her reserves.


    DM

    The dual-wielding ninja looks at Houshi with a smile. "Whatever happens we'll be ready, huh? Well, we need to hurry. The rain will destroy their tracks otherwise." Shoin willingly goes along with the plan. He happily points out the series of tracks, and leads the team without question or reservation. He certainly doesn't go back if told to. The four of you dash through the underbrush aiming to follow the degrading tracks as quickly as possible. After ten minutes of travel you arrive at the end of Cybele's clone tracks.

    Her tracks stop in front of a small cave. A light burns inside, and you hear no sounds. But the smell of blood is thick on the air, despite the scent of the rain doing its best to overpower it. A dark shape is slumped beside the cave entrance, and a gleaming blade of steel juts out of its back. If you get closer, then you note that the body is a male wearing some poorly made metal armor. He seems to be a bandit, or at least he isn't a village ninja, and he is quite dead. An empty scabbard at his side tells the tale of being killed with his own weapon.

    If you investigate the inside of the cave you discover it devoid of inhabitants capable of fighting. Nine bodies are scattered about: Six dead men wearing the same kind of crappy armor as the fellow outside, plus two living but unconscious women dressed in the ripped remains of peasant's clothing. The men seem to have all been killed by their own blades, but the women are thankfully merely unconscious. They don't seem to be hurt too badly, but both of them had been knocked on the head lately. The final occupant, near the back of the cave, is a familiar-dressed sand ninja. A large silvery-white spike juts out of her stomach, but she's alive and conscious. Barely.

    Hinami's breath comes in deep, ragged gasps. The spike seems driven completely through her abdomen, but someone had healed the outside of her wound. The chain attached to the silvery spike has been coiled around her throat, then attacked to another silvery spike stabbed into the wall above. If Hinami attempted to run, then she'd have to rip open her stomach to do so. And afterward she might not have the physical strength to get away.

    A bloody trail leads away from Hinami and toward a second exit deeper into the cave. It's almost as if someone had left in a hurry while dragging something covered in blood behind them. Hinami weakly grasps the bloody spike with her hands, pulls on it, but lets it go after emitted a pained groan. She just looks at your group.

    "A-are you... a-are you hear to--" She's cut off by a deep guttural growl of pain. The sand ninja grips her wound, and practically screams in pain. "...Damnit. Wh...whatever." Her voice comes out in pained moans, and she leans back as if to accept whatever you intended to do to her.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    The swordsman resisted the urge to turn away from the group, forcing his eyes at the sight of the battered and bloody enemy ninja. Whoever had done this was good. Better than a team of four genin at any rate.

    Had Cybele done this to them? She admitted that her specialty lay in silent killing, but was she even capable of this level of carnage? Could they really attribute the scene before them to her aforementioned assassination skill? If so, where was she now? Did the bloody trail belong to Cybele? Had she given chase to the Leaf missinig-nin or was that trail of blood her own? There was something going on and if they did not figure it out soon, they would be walking right into it.

    "Amon, can you tell if this is an illusion? If what we're seeing here really happened we need to question them."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon twitches, utterly creeped out by the transformation of her chakra. It's leaching off it... and regurgitating it? It's essentially respirating; and it perpetuates, clearly alive in some regard - does it reproduce? Is that what it is, some being that has taken residence in Cybele and has... laid its eggs in me? It must be aiming for my chakra production sites then, and if it reaches them it... oh god, I don't want to think about it. Okay, try to avoid any techniques until I get this thing the hell out of me. Just remain calm, you'll pull through. No more attempting jutsu just to see what happens, that's for sure.

    As the others draw up and she finishes her transformation technique, she decides to lift everyone's spirits a little before they set off. They see before them clearly Cybele as she was this morning, though with a palpable offness, particularly as she smiles and speaks. "Come on, gang. Let's go save, sensei." She can't resist a quick flair, if only to take her mind off the curse, as she smirks and puts out her hips. "How does Cybele-sensei sneak with these things stapled to her chest?"

    ---

    As they enter the cave, a quick assessment of the situation leaves Amon feeling rather grim. At least it seemed to be the enemies who were defeated. Seemed to be. Finding her deception useless, she dispels her technique, returning to her usual appearance of the poncho-clad techie. Pulling out her blade, she cautiously approaches Hinami, making a note to check the bodies afterwards, but for now Hinami was far too high on her list of priorities. Was the thing impaling her a part of the cave - perhaps a launching trap of some kind?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Search for traps (1d20+5)[20]


    Amon approaches Hinami slowly, cautiously, a single shuriken in her off-hand ready to finish the deed if she struggles at all. "Careful, this may be some sort of trick," she obviously informs the others. If nothing stops her or no irregularity is found, Amon goes right up to Hinami once she thinks it is safe, holding her blade far enough that she reckoned the sand-nin wouldn't be able to cut herself on it (judging by her strung-up degree of possible motion) if she wanted to take the easy way out, yet still close enough that Amon would be able to end her life if she suspected something was up. "Where is Cybele and your companion? Further along in the cave? What happened here? I may be inclined to take you prisoner - or end your suffering, if you cooperate."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hang about while I finish my tea and look up the exact class of hostage Amon just made of hostage she just made Hinami, but my money's on dead to rights.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hang on, retcon on account of Yousuke's post showing up before I finished mine.


    ---
    before proceeding far into the cave
    ---

    At the suggestion of checking for illusions, Amon fidgets uncomfortably. Finally, she nods. "I'll need a criteria of illusion to dispel though. And if we're all seeing the same thing... I have the technique on standby if you figure out what part might be an illusion, but I think I've had my chakra vessels badly poisoned"
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi shudder at the carnage but knows at the bottom of his being, that they deserved it. Still, this doesn't stop him from checking on the two innocent.

    While investigating the victims, he speaks up, "No, we aren't here to finish you off. Sensei must have thought that was too good for you." He motions to her stomach, "Obviously. So, just answer the questions."
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-08-20 at 05:57 PM.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Hinami

    The sand-nin smiles. Her white teeth glow red as they're stained by her own blood. She makes no move to resist Amon, nor does she try to get away. "Heh. Kids. Like it's your first massacre. This is what happens when the weak try to oppose the extraordinary. She killed them. All of them. And she did it loudly too, so that they could all watch their friends die."

    Hinami groans as another bolt of pain shoots through her. "Then she staked me like this, "healed" me, and left. So do it. Kill me. I'd rather die from blood loss than that bitch's poison."

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon tries to dispel illusions before they proceed into the cave, but a sudden squirm of the entity throws her off entirely and teh technique is wasted. She looks ready to throw up as she simply progresses into the cave. "...I don't think the technique is worth attempting," she tell Yousuke to justify her decision as she approaches Hinami.

    ---
    Present
    ---

    Poison? Healing? Did she...? Oh god, did she have it too? She expects to die, does that mean I too will... Amon's stance quakes. "I've seen a share of death before, and of corpses - I'm a doctor, after all. Which brings me to this thought; something happened to me when I tried healing Cybele and..." Amon stops shaking herself from her desperation as she realises she's entirely tipping her hand to the enemy. What the hell is wrong with me, I thought I'd calmed down! God, she has leverage now, even like this, are you really so desperate!? She makes a note to turn that around, to make it seem like she said to say it.

    "I think I'd prefer to drag you back to the village in chains and further poisoned to the point of uselessness. That way they might lean a little easier on Cybele if we're able to interrogate you for Yusa's location, but that will have to come later. Now tell us; where is your partner, where is Cybele? Are they still alive?" She tries to seem calm, despite the sickening entity. "Your partner seemed pretty protective of you, didn't she? So why didn't she try and get you down - has she been defeated too?"
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke draws closer to the bleeding missing nin but keeps his sword drawn for good measure. He approaches Hinami warily and asks, "If you are so eager to die, tell me this: Who or what is Euryale Cybele and what business does she have with you and your organization."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon budges a little at Yousuke's question. I had been hoping to ask Cybele that herself. I imagine Hinami-bitch's answer will be far less favourable for any of us. Although this is hardly the time for loyalty. "I second that question. As an aside, as a medic I know a lot of ways to hurt someone without killing them. You know, food for thought"
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon

    The creature crawls closer to Amon's chest. It oozes from her shoulders into her body cavity, just beneath her right lung. Ice runs along its path, and the sky-nin's fingers tingle as it spills into her body. It consumes the chakra Amon has expended, and more of the filthy energy pours into the young girl's reserve.

    Spoiler
    Show
    After Amon spends her 2 chakra for Genjutsu Kai she gains 2 temporary reserve.


    Hinami

    The teenager just grins at Amon. She recognized what the sky-nin said, and likely realized that Cybele's poison had spread into her. Her bloody teeth show through a thin smirk as Hinami realizes that Amon will join her soon enough. She speaks through weak gasps and harsh breaths. "Alright little one, since you're going to join me crossing the Sanzu, I'll tell you. Meiling left. She'd been recalled by her mistress." Hinami looks toward the trail of blood leading away from her.

    "That's the way she went, but don't expect to find her." Hinami's eyes drift to Yousuke when the boy speaks, and she gives him a soft smile. "I'll tell you, but you have to promise me something first. Tell that little girl, what was her name..." For a moment Hinami stares through Yousuke, and the jounin's eyes gloss over as she drifts between worlds. Then a sharp pain shoots through her stomach, she groans in pain, and refocuses. "...tell her I'm sorry, but I won't be able to keep my promise."

    She swallows her own blood and answers Yousuke's question either way. She does her best to control her breath, but something weighs her lungs down. "She's... a living curse, really. In... In Iwagakure, she was the private assassin of... of the Tsuchikage. Her blood... her fluids... even her chakra, they're like a poison. Her skill at silent killing was the only ninja skill she needed. Any target he wanted to die, she could accomplish it. Whether with her body.. a kiss.. being healed.. or using her own two hands..."

    "As for what she is to me... An enemy. A mortal enemy. One that... I betrayed my village and kage to kill. Heh. Useless." Hinami wretches as her blood drains down her throat and into her lungs. The coughing bursts one of the blood vessels in her eye, and she looks at Yousuke with a mix of blue and red. "Leave her. She's just a danger to you." Hinami either ignores, or doesn't care about, Amon's threat. After all, she'd be dead soon in her own words.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-20 at 06:45 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Shaken as he is by he gravity of Hinami's words Yousuke sets his features into hardened frown and nods, closing his eyes. "Close your eyes Hisakawa-san. This lowly dog of a swordsman is plainly unworthy of gazing into the eyes of a ninja, into the eyes of a woman, such as yourself."

    This was almost too much for him to take. He was supposed to be angry. Indignant even, that she had betrayed both her village and team. But instead, all he felt was guilt. Nobody deserved to die like this, not in such an unsightly manner. He could do nothing to ease her pain but he could respect her dying wishes.

    "Rest assured. I will see to it that Tsumaki-san understands the...urgency of your situation."


    When Hinami is finally put to rest, Yousuke turns to Amon. "If she speaks the truth, I fear the immediacy of the situation has increased two-fold. We must rid your body of that toxin and if we cannot return to Soragakure in time for Sune-san to heal you then we must find Cybele-sensei."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Hinami

    A thin trail of her blood seeps out between her lips, and the jounin's chest falls for the final time. She's finally passed on.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon looks to the exit the blood leads up to. She gulps, knowing she won't like whatever lies beyomnd. Dare she simply shout out and hope what lay beyond, if it was still there, was friendly? An idea occurs. This filthy chakra is leaking into me. What were to happen if I were to expend it?

    "All things considered, Hinami here seems like she'll make it - if one cares to pull her off the spike, give her imediate medical attention and absolve her of her 'poison'. Before I let you pass out, what antidote might exist for her poison?" she demands, grilling Hinami "I intend to get at least one of you as a prisoner, and you don't want to die by Cybele's poison, so perhaps we can help each other out here. What say you?"

    Amon leans closer to Yousuke, whispering so Hinami can't hear. "It doesn't... feel like a poison though. More like it's alive... like a parasite. It's... slithering through me. It doesn't hurt, I don't think... more like it pushes and violates my chakra stream. It's really, really gross, but only seems to move when I use my chakra for... well, anything." She points to her lower chest with a shaky finger. "When i tried using Genjutsu Kai, it ended up around here. I don't know what it will do if it reaches my vital organs... But I agree, of course. I don't have a deathwish."

    She turns her attention back on Hinami, pointing along the trail of blood to the exit. "What should I expect beyond there." It's at that moment of turning her attention on the woman that Amon realises she isn't breathing any longer. She grits her teeth. "Oh no, no no you don't. Don't DARE. I just... you didn't seem that bad that..." She herself struggles to avoid hyperventilating. "N-no, how am I supposed to find the cure to...?" NO NO NO! YOU FAILURE OF A MEDIC! Calm yourself, Amon! You'll get through this. You promised Korra you'd come back - that you'd be okay, that you'd be a big, cool ninja she could look up to.. You are NOT allowed to die in a place and way like this!

    However she rallies herself though, she can't help it as the scream escapes her mouth. "CYBELE!"

    Pacing to and fro for a second, shakiing her head, she leans in closer to Hinami, planting her sword in the ground as she checks her over again. "You bitch, if you're feigning death at a time like this, I'll...!" She looks her over as intently as she can.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Treat Injury check to determine if she is truly dead or not.
    Result
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-08-20 at 08:00 PM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    Hinami's body seems to have no external injuries other than the giant spike rammed into the space where her liver should be. Amon can make a reasonable guess, based on the blood coming from her head, that something caused the blood vessels and nerves in her brain to burst. Whether that's Cybele's poison or some kind of suicide technique isn't known just yet.

    The shout causes birds in the trees to flutter away, but draws out no responses otherwise.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    She's actually dead... "CYBELE! I don't care what sins you committed or how bad you think you are! If you can hear me, if you can come, just do me the courtesy! Please! I'm... I'm so scared. Please... Will I even hold out to return to Sogakure?"

    Amon's gaze once again drifts to follow the trail. She stops herself at the last second from following it full-pelt. She goes to one of the battered woman, seeking to revive her in case she witnessed anything important.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Treat Injury (1d20+7)[10]


    "You'll forgive my lack of manners," she proclaims as she tries to bring the woman around enough to speak "Time is of the essence. What happened here?"
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    The women don't rouse. They seem to have been knocked unconscious by a sharp knock on the noggin, and won't wake up from some half-hearted attempt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •