Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon growls, as if it's the women's fault for being so badly beaten up that she can't get them awake fast enough. Setting them both down, she gets to her feet, deciding there's nothing else for it as she follows the trail of blood. She activates her sense chakra ability, showing some at least fundamental sense of protocol even through her stress as she follows the trail quickly. I might not have long enough left to live to waste time being cautious. Please, Cybele, be around here. The uncertainty is killing me - I feel like it would be BETTER if you just told me for sure I was going to die... I don't want to die... It's the only landmark she has, after all. Of course, in her delirious state, she doesn't even ask the advice of the tracker, who she would otherwise ask to lead her back down the path for a bit to confirm all the paths ended her. But on a subconsicous level, she wrote such things off as taking too long.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    If Hinami didn't close her eyes, Houshi slides her lids down, "I'm not gonna leave her like this." He proceeds to try and pull the spikes free with his superior strength, "She was not a mercenary dog like them. Maybe she didn't deserve better but she doesn't deserve to rot away here. Though, a any type of burial is going to have to wait unfortunately. Let alone a proper one."
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi

    Removing the stake is easy for the strong and uninjured genin. Hinami's body slumps over without the stakes and chains holding her up.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi puts her in a dignified position of rest before going to join Amon.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Yousuke nods at Houshi's work and leaves to join Amon. "We should hurry. Amon, don't strain yourself anymore, just focus on conserving your energy until we can find Cybele-sensei."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    The four of you follow the trail of blood. Shoin seems a bit distressed at the possibility of facing your jounin, but follows anyway. He'd gone this far, and to go back now would be doing you all a grave disservice. The second cave exit leads through a deep trail of upturned dirt that eventually turns into a trail of mud. The mud's normally brown color has been corrupted into a thick dark red from whatever is being dragged through. Eventually the trail leads the group to a rain-flooded culvert beneath one of the main roads through the area. A bloody and muddy leg pokes out from underneath the rocky overhang, and a small stream of blood-stained water flows out from within the culvert.

    If you investigate the leg, then you discover that it's attached to a very young woman who could be Sune's twin sister. Her vest is in tatters, and she doesn't seem to have adjusted it at all since Amon got hurt. She's clearly been dragging herself through the mud, and had reverted to crawling at some point in the journey. Her hands are a bloody mess, her left leg has a serious wound, and there are several bruises and lacerations across her poorly covered upper body. She's quite unconscious, and isn't roused by the genin's approach.

    Shoin points off to the northeast, along the road toward the Fire Country and away from Soragakure.

    "It looks like she was going this way, and decided to sleep in the culvert. That other ninja might have went that way. Should we pursue?"
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-20 at 11:45 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon slows to a stop, gathering her breath as Yousuke advises her to conserve her strength. "i might drop dead at any moment for all I know, staying calm is a bit of a luxury I don't have, you know!" she squeals. Panting more from stress than anything else, she looks around, finding Cybele, or what she assumes to be Cybele. With a drawn out deep breath, she regains focus. "Okay, okay... you're right. Give me a boost up, would you?"

    Amon stands above the prone form of Cybele, being a little cautious as she crouches down. Hinami mentioned any contact could provoke her poison. Rememering to be cautious, Amon pulls on her gloves, wishing she's worn a long-sleeved top as she tucks her poncho into the gloves for extra coverage, ever wary of direct touch. Especially with all that blood, after all. As an extra precaution with improvised equipment, she pulls on her gas mask, figuring it couldn't hurt.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Treat Injury to assess Cybele's condition (1d20+7)[15]
    treat Injury to apply first air (1d20+7)[27], heal (1d4)[1]


    "Come on Cybele, I'm not having you die on me too. If you feel that bad, at least give me a hint..." She looks down to Shoin and the tracks. "How far away, fast traveling, healthy, and numberous do you think the enemy is?" Being this close to Cybele, she came to wonder if she was really able to help. She'd had an idea bounding around for a while now of how to cure herself of this affliction if it came to that, but she would definitely be disabled from being any further use if she went through with it, and she'd need to go back to at least the last town to get supplies if she wanted to drain her chakra.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Shoin

    The genin follows the tracks for a bit, then doubles back to explain. "One. They're dragging their feet, bleeding, and stumbled a bit down that way. My guess: They're pretty hurt. Can't have gotten much further ahead."

    Amon

    The medical ninja overlooks Cybele's prone form, and can make an educated guess on her overall health.

    Spoiler
    Show
    With the +1 from first aid she's at -3 and stable.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "Right... Cybele is stable enough for now." Amon considers moving her, thinking better of doing it herself. "She'll small enough to be carried like this quickly enough, and safely too." She tucks Cybele's leg away from plain sight, just in case. "Hard to believe she did all this in such a state... If we're going after the last ninja, we'll grab Cybele on the way back. We might actually be able to defeat this one - it'll be our only chance to do so. After my first big defeat, I studied a couple of moves specifically tailor made to defeat even vastly superior opponents, but if I'm like this I'll need your help to set them up; by my reckoning, it will only be safe to use a single move. Let's talk strategy."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Plan check (1d20+8)[10] for the four genin against Meiling
    Plan is done off screen like all dramatically tense plans are - Amon will say if things went according to plan if not.


    Knowing time is of the essence, if the majority of the group and Yousuke, respectively, consent, she performs the following actions (2nd action contingent on the 1st being accomplished)

    1. set out immediately along the trail, knowing time is of the essence
    2. take the scroll she gave Yousuke and leave it on Cybele's body as a sort of unspoken message - 'we were here, and we're not letting you act on your deathwish'

    Spoiler
    Show
    Also she'll apply poison to everyone's weapons en route, just as soon as I work out the particulars of how long poisons remain active and such. Do Taijutsu techniques require concentration if struck halfway through performing? I'll look a little harder for both these inquiries I guess.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Upon sighting Cybele, Yousuke immediately rushes to her side but backs off a ways when Amon begins her treatment. He had no experience treating injuries like this and didn't want to get in her way. It was good that Cybele was safe but they still had a job to do. Their sensei had gone after the dangerous jonin on her own but as her team they would finish the job she stared.

    "Don't push yourself. We don't know how far that poison has traveled and I don't want to take any chances right now," he warned. The four of them were finally back together, their number was not going to fall to three if he could help it.

    "So what's the plan?" he asked, throwing his coat over Cybele's prone form.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-21 at 11:51 AM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon nods at Yousuke's insistence as she removes her gas mask. "Don't worry. I don't intend to die. I have a family that I made a promise to that I would be okay, and a sister I promised mentor. I'm not going forward with any plan that involves any of us dying. I think I may know how to quell the 'poison', though again I reiterate that it doesn't FEEL like poison so much as some sort of parasite or symbiote, but if I go through with it, I will be disabled and useless; this is the only opportunity we may have to actually capture this woman and fulfil sensei's goal."

    "Okay, here's the plan as I see it; like I said, I have a technique or two that I learned specifically to deal with superior opponents. One of them is Jukusui no Jutsu; if I touch the opponent, they will gradually lose their senses, losing consciousness. The only way to assert their willpower to maintain consciousness beyond the 20 seconds the technique normally takes to manifest is to feel the pain that comes with taking a rather hefty sum of physical damage, physical damage our opponent could not afford to inflict on herself in her current state. If we can get the drop on her and do everything in or power to lower her defences, I'll take the most opportune moment to swoop in and slap her with the technique; then we all back off, wait for her to lose consciousness, then tie her up, maybe apply some poison for good measure, and drag her back to the village. All i need is a good strategy to get into that position. What can techniques you 3 do? I have another technique called Rousuru Onpa no Jutsu that can almost unerringly throw off her concentration if she attempts any sort of technique, though as you said, it is best I conserve myself, lest the effects of this 'poison' worsen. So all I can really do is use my sleep technique. Ooh, and apply poison to all your weapons if you want." Amon flashes her bandolier of bubbling, deadly poisons. "Should screw up even her. I didn't get all that many combat-focussed poisons, but a few of these in anyone's bloodstream should do the trick. So what do you guys do?"
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Amon looks contemplative for a moment. "Yousuke, do me a favour and leave the scroll Cybele gave us on her body. It shall be a symbol of our promise to fulfil our duty; to strike down our enemy and all go home together alive. It reads as her last will and testament after all, something I intend to invalidate. You honourable types like symbols, right?"
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    He lets the other two rush to Cybele while he looks around cautiously. After Amon stabilizes her, he moves in, listening to the plan. His min was focusing on taking down the enemy, though he did breath a sigh of relief at their sensei being alive.

    Once asked about his skills, he flatly states, "I hit things, hard. Really hard at that. Seriously, without nin or genjutsu, I'm only good for melee confrontation."
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "Well, is there a precise way you can hit things to impede them? You can at least do Taijutsu, which I know none of. I figure... okay, Yousuke, you're pretty well coordinated I think, so you throw a poisoned shuriken from the shadows, I'll apply some heavy dose stuff to Houshi's blade, Houshi charges and Shoin, what have you got? Either way, we should be able to apply enough poison to made her almost useless in the fight, and I'm sure Houshi or... well, any of you Taijutsu types have a way to knock the breath right out of her. That's when I'll spring out and use the Sleep Technique; if I connect, we'll all pull back, running outside her reach so she won't be a threat as she drops unconscious, then we head back to her, bind her, maybe lacerate her key arm joints a little so she can't move properly enough to escape, and drag her back. Simple enough, right? The key here is I would like this," she holds up the Ghost Chains poison, "to hit true. It'll reduce her agility and her ability to use chakra to augment it, making her easier to hit with my technique and less capable of running away. if anyone has a better plan than 'poison, surprise, stun and sleep technique', I'd love to hear it - that isn't even a boast or a mock, I'm feeling kind of too panicked to draft this like I usually would, so any suggestions are welcome, but we have to head out within, probably, the next minute if not sooner."

    "Oh and don't touch Cybele; she's covered in blood, whcih i believe to be poisonous to foreign bodies including ourselves. I'll clean her off so we can transport her on our way out." I told Sojuro to get going before the hour was up. If he's smart, he'll already have left town with Yukiko, so the only ones in danger now are us four. And Cybele. I wonder if we can afford to have someone stay and guard her? I'd do it, but... I can barely defend myself in this state.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi nods, "I have couple in fact. Rendan Kidouki and the first strike of Sangeki Hissatsu Waza. The later depends on her fortitude. I also have a couple that could potentially knock her prone but I don't think they'll be of any use."
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "You'd be surprised; lying on your back is a severe tactical disadvantage for just about anyone. Though a simple swing to put her off balance and aid me would suffice; it all comes down to this once strike, as I've said, unless someone thinks of something better" Amon comments. "Anything else before we head out?"

    "Yousuke, you seem the stealthiest, why don't you tell us how bets to get the drop on her? Shoin, if you can track I'll assume some basic knowledge of how to use features of the land to our advantage. Advise away." If there's nothing, Amon tells Shoin to lead the way. She'll apply her poisons to everyone's weapons on the way.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll describe what poisons are applied to what in a later post, possibly OOC. let's focus on dex damage - which thankfully my poisons are quite good for. There'll be time in the journey to assume further strategy talk.


    Before leaving, she comments, "I wonder if you should use that summoning scroll, Houshi. You could have a turtle carry Cybele or at least protect her. It could lean over her and use its shell to ward off attackers if need be. What do you think?" That or I could guide it back to the village to treat Cybele... but can i really afford to leave these bozos alone? No way in hell. This is a four-person job, if you ask me. She'll hold until we get back... I hope. With an awkward twinge she remembers the sudden death of Hinami, hoping events don't repeat themselves.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "Before I forget, Yousuke, Houshi..." Amon produces a small capsule of poison, offering it to them. "This affliction progresses every time I expend chakra. i was hoping o self-administer this in a more controlled environment, but in case something goes wrong, I need you to shove this down my throat immediately; it's nonlethal, Fireseed Spice - it drains once's store of chakra. I've theorised it might at least halt the entity. It will leave me dry of the chakra I'll need to progress, but it may be the only way to save my life since the entity is leeching off my chakra somehow. Just... shove this down my throat if I'm incapacitated, by my condition or otherwise, okay? And try not to get too hurt, since I'mnot sure if I can heal you without spreading the affliction."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Amon gives one of her two Fireseed Spice capsules to whoever takes it first.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "There is not much to stealth that you likely do not already know from the Academy. Even battle weary, she will be a very dangerous opponent. We must strike at her with all that we have and more. When she is within sight I will engage her while you, Houshi and Shoin circle around to cut off her retreat. I do not know how long I will be able to hold her attention for so you must be quick about your plan."

    If Houshi could knock the woman on her back there job would be that much easier. But they would need to plan around the woman's speed and natural resistance. "I will require a poison capable of dulling her speed or a poison designed to attack her fortitude."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "Alright, cowboy, you're on. You get the best dose of poison I've got. Ghostly Chains - my only dose of the thing. The only thing i have that could damage her fortitude would be Hachidoku, but you'd have to wait a minute and hope she doesn't tough out her initial reslieicne to the poison as it progressed. Although it is the best poison i have for causing raw damahe, if you're prefer. Ghostly Chains will stop her using her speed. Like, at all. if you think you can handle this awesome responsibility..." Amon cranks open the Ghostly Chains (or Hachidoku or indeed anything else if Yousuke stated his interest lay with another poison), applying it to Yousuke's sword. "Make it count."

    "If we're lucky, we may be able to drain her agilty to the point of paralysis. If we're really lucky, we may be able to do so in one blow." She holds up a sample of Ocean Breeze. "Does anyone know how to use a blowgun?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Can anyone make unarmed strikes with parts of the body other than their hands or would they be willing to use one hand for a turn or two? I was going to add Ocean's Breeze to a glove and have someone slap Meiling with it. Contact poison.

    So far I'm thinking Nightlily paste on Shoin and Houshi's weapons.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    The trio of sky-nin plus their sand-nin companion follow Meiling's tracks. Shoin complains of the difficulty in the rain, but as luck would have it she isn't trying to mask her passage. The quartet finally find their victim after a minute of following.

    About thirty feet ahead the four of you spot a leaf-ninja with a tattered and ripped qipao wandering toward the Fire Country. Her right arm and left leg are made of stone, and she clutches at her chest with her good hand. Blood, possibly her own but also possibly another's, drips from her stone limbs. It seems like after they had been turned to stone she simply used them as clubs or bludgeons in battle. Free flowing red hair dances on the breeze behind her, and she bears blade injuries across her flesh-and-blood limbs. When you get within sight range of her she takes notice of someone's presence. The ninja doesn't seem to have spotted the group yet, but definitely knows someone or something is around. She stops and looks around. She's become visibly wary but without a direction to focus that wariness in.

    "Whoever's out there... Make yourself known. I'm not interested in fighting random bandits or animals."

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi whispers, as quietly as he can to his team, "Now?"
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    The rain manages to obscure the leaf-nin's visibility just enough that you're able to remain hidden despite extremely poor attempts to do so. However, she looks quite wary and definitely hasn't been surprised. She simply waits for the enemy to make themselves known.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Color Key
    Green- Grass
    Dark Green- Trees, approx. 120ft. Provide cover vs ranged attackers on the other side of them.
    Dark Gray- Yousuke
    Dark Blue- Amon
    Light Blue- Shoin
    Dark Red- Houshi
    Light Red- Meiling

    Initiative: (1d20+5)[11].

    Initiative Order: Amon - 20
    Meiling - 11
    Houshi - 10
    Yousuke - 8

    Meiling delays until end of the initiative order.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-23 at 02:21 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Before Fight

    ---

    Amon applies her poisons to everyone's weapons and her own ammunition.
    Spoiler
    Show
    list of poisons here

    Amon wraps sunburst tag around a kunia-like shuriken, applies Nightlily Poison, careful to keep the components sheltered by her poncho as they move.

    ---
    Present
    ---

    Amon stops breathing as the heat of the moment nearly overpowers her; for all her planning, for a split second it is all for not; the horrifying conditions of her opponent invoke a pity and surprise that almost entirely throws her off. Nevertheless, her plans have yet to change all that drastically; hit her with poison and everything we have until she falls down.

    With a spin, Amon tosses the special shuriken herself, hoping against hope that it lands true. I can decide this fight in one hit, she thinks, hoping to end this prematurely, before anyone else get's hurt.

    Move Action
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charge sunburst tag, DC 15 chakra control
    (1d20+7)[18]

    There, I redeem myself through the sacred art of 'giving up a clear success to roll where the GM can see it'
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-08-23 at 04:34 PM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Sensing the sunburst tag charged and hoping the curse isn't provoked by her use of chakra control, Amon breathes deep, hopong for the best of her deadly combination; her opponent is severely weakened, the wind is in their favour. It's almost too easy, even. This was teh one chance to catch her unawares. Don't let the pressure get to you...

    Amon tosses the sunburst tag-poison-shuriken combination.

    Standard Action
    Spoiler
    Show
    Throw Shuriken. 30 feet away, 10 foot range increment so... -4 to attack. Combined with Plan and dex bonus...
    Attack (1d20+3)[7]
    Damage (1d3)[2]

    If it hits, she takes a -4 to save against the sunburst tag, and is subjet to Nightlily Poison
    Nightlily: DC 18 fortitude save or (1d3)[3] Dex damage (initial)


    As the combination nears it's target, Amon focuses, triggering the sunburst tag as it looks like it hits its target, hoping it conneted. She shields her eyes as she shouts "Last chance to surrender before you end up like your partner!"

    Swift Action
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trigger Sunburst tag. Within 15 feet, so just her on my initiative, must make a successful DC 15 fortitude save (-4 to the save if the shuriken hit) or be dazed for (1d4)[2] rounds


    Maybe we can actually beat her before this curse get's any worse...
    Last edited by TraceHyde; 2012-08-23 at 04:52 PM.
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Meiling

    The sunburst kunai lands nearby, but Meiling quickly shields her eyes with her useful arm. Her flesh-and-blood limb lowers and she looks toward where the kunai had originated from. Meiling's eyes light up with recognition as she spots Amon.

    "Are you here for revenge? I don't want to kill you. Please leave before my hand is forced."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Meiling delays until everyone else moves.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    Houshi shrugged, Answers that. He took a deep breath, releasing his full strength and speed, then commenced the operation.

    He burst forward, coming to Meiling's side in a few long strides, drawing his blade in a wide, falling arc, "Hokujutsu..." He comes to a sliding stop, pivots on his foot and swings for the cheap seats in amazing display of strength, skill and excellent planning, "DAIBUTSU!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moves 40' North, auto passes check and uses HJ: Daibutsu.

    Hit Points: 29/29
    Chakra Pool: 13/23
    Chakra Reserve: 8/8
    Armour Class: 13
    Ongoing Effects: Str Rank 1 (1/5), Spd Rank 1 (1/5)

    Hokujutsu: Daibutsu
    Attack:
    (1d20+13)[33]
    Damage Roll: (3d8+14)[32] (1d6)[5]
    Chakra Cost: 4

    If it hits, DC 23 Fort Save or she's knocked prone.
    Last edited by zeone3000; 2012-08-23 at 05:39 PM.
    My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow Pirates - Chapter Four is now up! Enjoy!

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    "Revenge would not be so sweet."

    Yousuke breaks past Amon in a flash of speed and pivots at an angle to redirect his approach at Meiling, aiming to pinch the kunoichi in a position between himself and Houshi. He dashes with his sword drawn, converging on the target with a low, upward aimed strike.

    The technique was easily one of his most most simple techniques, but if the plan involved inflicting a poison he would swallow his pride.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Points: 30/30
    Chakra Pool: 16/22
    Chakra Reserve: 10/10
    Armour Class: 24
    Ongoing Effects: Str Rank 1 (1/5), Spd Rank 2 (1/5)

    Move to 12,7 to flank with Houshi.
    (Diagonal movement to 13,12) 20ft
    (Forward to 13,8) 20 ft
    (Diagonal to 12,7)
    5 ft

    Sword Art: Upward Cut
    Attack: [roll]1d20+17)[/roll]
    Damage Roll: (1d10+1)[3]
    Chakra Cost: 1

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    Houshi's and Yousuke's pincer attack captures the missing-nin between their blades. Houshi's giant cleaver separates bone and flesh like butter, and Yousuke's blade cuts clean through until it meets Houshi's. Both ninja are splashed by Meiling's blood as it sprays outward from the orgy of violence between the three of them. The leaf-nin is certainly dead.

    But then her body explodes into a puff of smoke, and her blood vanishes into the air.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Amon/Houshi/Yousuke get 225 XP for defeating Meiling's Kage Bunshin.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TraceHyde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    (free action to talk)

    "Revenge for what? Freeing your boss? Beating up Yukiko? The girl lives and you were following a sense of duty, I see no reason to bear a grudge. And it is OUR duty to beat you up and either kill you or drag you back to the village. Your partner is dead, I 'treated' her myself, and you seem to know when to call it quits, so just give up before you lose another limb." As the blows strike true and the clone dissipates, Amon swears under her breath. In truth she knew this would happen but had hoped it wouldn't. A beefed up clone technique. Should we run? I had accounted for this at least a little in my plans, though now things will slip out of control quickly. Do we run?

    "If my hunch is right, you should be no better for wear than your clone appeared to be. But then, how were you able to perform hand seals with an arm like that? Come on, surrender now and as a limited time offer, i won't harvest your blood on the way back to sogakure."
    Was given wrong medicine. Will hopefully improve soon >_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soragakure OOC (I II III IV V VI)-IC (I II III)

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Team Cybele: The Hare and the Snake

    DM

    Amon's taunts get no response. Not even the casual sounds of crickets or small game come from the forest's darkness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •