Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [nWoD] Campus Vigilantes 2: Halloween

For me, Leon's reaction wasn't entirely based on his character. I lost my brother at the beginning of the summer, under circumstances that don't let me blame anyone but him, and I can't even do that. If somebody saw me bringing flowers to a memorial to him, and tried to stop me from honoring my "psycho brother," I think I'd wind up with an aggravated assault conviction. So I sympathized pretty heavily with Allison, which flowed into Leon, hence his fiery reaction. Don't worry, though. I'm okay with the way this is going so far.

Anyway, Presence + Persuasion? That'd be 2 dice: (2d10)[1][1](2)
    In case of tens: (2d10)[1][9](10)
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

@ ToySoldierCPlus: ...Damn. I really hope my themes and scenes aren't painful to you.

@ Savior: Here's your roll. (5d10)[6][2][7][2][2](19) - No successes...
    Potential 10-agains: (2d10)[2][1](3)

Just a warning though, I'm going to treat hacking somewhat realistically and avoid such silliness as everything being online. Some info like security footage cannot be found from your laptop, no matter how many successes you roll.

Edit: Update coming tomorrow. Savior, despite the poor roll, I'll still give you some of the info you're looking for, because some of it can be found via a simple Google search (college's website for the map, post-massacre news articles for biographical info about Ian Keating, etc).
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-08-12 at 10:21 PM.
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing:
    Campus Vigilantes 3 - The Root of All Evil (nWoD)

Playing:
    Ill Met By Morrslieb (WFRP) as Pieter, Ranald-worshipping revolutionary
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, renegade pyromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaque Lamar -- Cracked.com
    Well, that's it. The written word has peaked. Time to shut down this whole "literature" thing. Please burn down your local library on the way out the door.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
    @ ToySoldierCPlus: ...Damn. I really hope my themes and scenes aren't painful to you.
    No worries. Like I said, I can handle it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't be here.
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

I'll roll Semira's Presence 2 + Persuasion 4.

(6d10)[6][5][5][2][8][5](31)

Yeah, could have been better.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-08-13 at 11:14 AM.
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing:

Playing:

Well, that's it. The written word has peaked. Time to shut down this whole "literature" thing. Please burn down your local library on the way out the door.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks for rolling that for me. (Long day. Long story. Involves rain and mouse surgery).
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

(OOC: Are my updates too long? Don't be afraid to tell me so.)
    Not too long, per se, but it'd be nice to be able to have a chance to interact with the NPC's in between their conversations with each other.

Not that I know a way to do that smoothly.

Anyways, I interrupted the post...
    -Odentin

Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <@Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

7. - Top - End - #37

What we did last time was just to interact as we saw fit, and try to fit our narratives together. Anyway, I find it interesting that we're supposed to be hunting monsters, and here we see monsters that we're expected to protect. Gregory and what's-her-name (Maria, now that I remember. I'm not editing Leon's comment, however) were the vampires we took down in the last episode, for anyone who's curious and didn't read the first game.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just waiting for this to explode in my face. Adam is built to stake a vampire at a quarter mile, not social situations.
    -Odentin

[00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."

9. - Top - End - #39

Meh. Leon's not built for social situations, either, but is that stopping him?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Leon's dice pool for most social situations isn't a chance die, though. >.<

Adam literally grew up on the road learning how to hunt with his father, spending a lot of time in bird's nests, alone. He's a great marksman, but massively stunted, socially.
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-08-13 at 04:47 PM.
    -Odentin

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Err... Kale's solution for most situations when he needs information is to lie through his teeth. (or if he is going batman ) grabbing the person around the neck, slamming them into something that will make a loud noise and then intimidate them until they talk.

So yeah.... not the most social....

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Im reallly really sorry but is it to late for me to take part in this game? ?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Semira and Jaime are the only two that are Social Primary, and Jonah is at least Social Secondary. All of the rest of us put it in third place. Heh.

Also, I think I know where Sentinel is going with this chapter, which makes me sad. I won't say what I'm thinking, in case I'm dead wrong (or right), but I really hope I'm mistaken...
    -Odentin

14. - Top - End - #44

Hey, Misaat! It's up to Sentinel if you can join up now, but I'd like to see you back in.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Thanks i hope i can get in too. Even as a side character XD . I cant wait to open the haloween shop! XD
    Last edited by Misaat; 2012-08-13 at 05:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome back, Misaat. I was sad to be unable to contact you in time for the game. While eight characters is a bit harder to manage, I'll gladly let you in. You can be among the crowd at the memorial or, if you need time to catch up, you can be introduced a bit later. Don't forget to spend your 12 XP from last game!

Savior, try not to get too Batman-y, please, as this is a low-level game with low-level threats. My concept revolves around students working part-time as vigilantes to protect their campus, not vigilantes pretending to be students to throw off suspicion. (If you insist on playing it like a high-level game, I'll raise the stakes accordingly and set an international conspiracy against your character. )

Everyone, allow me to congratulate you once more for your level of activity. This is quite a bit better than the last game.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-08-13 at 07:47 PM.
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing:

Playing:

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Welcome back, Misaat. I was sad to be unable to contact you in time for the game. While eight characters is a bit harder to manage, I'll gladly let you in. You can be among the crowd at the memorial or, if you need time to catch up, you can be introduced a bit later. Don't forget to spend your 12 XP from last game!

Savior, try not to get too Batman-y, please, as this is a low-level game with low-level threats. My concept revolves around students working part-time as vigilantes to protect their campus, not vigilantes pretending to be students to throw off suspicion. (If you insist on playing it like a high-level game, I'll raise the stakes accordingly and set an international conspiracy against your character. )

Everyone, allow me to congratulate you once more for your level of activity. This is quite a bit better than the last game.
    Awesome! Ill need some reason for my character to have been away... mmm maybe a draft? ill send ideas to you through pms ^^

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Sent! Does anything change based on Adam's actions? Or should I do another post after?
    -Odentin

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by Misaat View Post
    Awesome! Ill need some reason for my character to have been away... mmm maybe a draft? ill send ideas to you through pms ^^
    A draft wouldn't work. A) There hasn't been a draft in America since Vietnam. B) Your character would be gone for something more on the order of two years instead of an hour and a half if he had been drafted.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

No real need. It's been only ~2 hours of in-story time since the start of this episode.
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing:

Playing:

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

"I slept in" is a pretty viable excuse, considering what time it is...
    -Odentin

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Could Matthew see all this on tv?

If so he might have just slept in because he spent all night playing a new video game. Then when he woke up he went to the rpg club to open the shop and watched on tv what went on.

23. - Top - End - #53

AssassinGuy

Sentinel can we try for a medium between the two? My character's concept does not exactly make for a normal student but he's no batman. The way I'm playing him is that the amount of death in his life left him unable to really cope with it and move on, so he threw himself into his vigilante work with all of his resources and dedicated his life to it as a way to get out of facing his problems.

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by savior indra View Post
    Sentinel can we try for a medium between the two? My character's concept does not exactly make for a normal student but he's no batman. The way I'm playing him is that the amount of death in his life left him unable to really cope with it and move on, so he threw himself into his vigilante work with all of his resources and dedicated his life to it as a way to get out of facing his problems.
    Which is why I was wondering what brought him to Maxwell in the first place back during recruitment. That's not my business now, though. I would like to remind you that it's maybe 12:30 in the afternoon in-game, and the campus is going be on high-alert after the vandalism, Kale's threat, and the confrontation between Allison, Michelle, and the others. Walking around in your armor may still be a bad idea.

EDIT: And now I'm really hoping she'll let Leon walk her back to her dorm, or to wherever she's going now.
    Last edited by ToySoldierCPlus; 2012-08-13 at 10:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

AssassinGuy

The memorial mainly. Finding people who had the same 'pastime' as him was just a bonus. He's a transhumanist he's driven by two things; his inability to cope with the deaths of his family and Sophia, and his refusal to accept that Humanity is not at the top of the food chain.

Kale's goal is to ensure that humanity evolves into the completely dominate species he believes it can be. He feels that humanity can transcend it's physical weaknesses through participant evolution. He's about the perfection of the human race, and Vampires, werewolves, criminals, and other supernaturals generally don't allow that so he 'removes' those beings that stand in the way of humanity.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Time for some intra-party conflict!
    -Odentin

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Here is my sheet

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=376899

I made a section of the things ill be offering in the "shop" at the rpg club. Tell me if there is something you dont like or dont feel is supposed to be there

I bought 2 specializations (Motorcycle and Homemade)

Homemade because of practicing with the weapons i make and Motorcycle because he often hangs out with Karen and sometimes she lets him ride her bike.

And the other 6 points i used to buy Quick draw (Firearms) , Fresh Start and 1 point of Contacts in the form of Mr X ! Which if you let me i was thinking it could be that guy that stole my video of the vampire authopsy and posted it as his own XD

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Odentin View Post
    Also, I think I know where Sentinel is going with this chapter, which makes me sad. I won't say what I'm thinking, in case I'm dead wrong (or right), but I really hope I'm mistaken...
    All I have to say about this is... we'll see.

Could Matthew see all this on tv?

If so he might have just slept in because he spent all night playing a new video game. Then when he woke up he went to the rpg club to open the shop and watched on tv what went on.
    Sure. The TV crews left before the confrontation between Michelle and Allison, though.

Quote Originally Posted by savior indra View Post
    It's alright. Just be aware that Resources 5 is not a blank check for any number of worldwide contacts, illegal equipment, military-grade software, backup secret identities, access to classified databases and such. Some of these things require Merits in other things (Allies, Contacts, Status), as well as the Storyteller's green light. Most importantly, what you own should be established early on, not pulled out of your ass to suit the needs of the moment. What made me raise an eyebrow was your attempt at searching the Web by passing through three proxies in four different countries.

I'm also well within my rights, if I feel you go too far, to allow reality to crash down on you. Kale owns a lot of things that might cause the police to make his life difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    I would like to remind you that it's maybe 12:30 in the afternoon in-game, and the campus is going be on high-alert after the vandalism, Kale's threat, and the confrontation between Allison, Michelle, and the others. Walking around in your armor may still be a bad idea.
    Heh, my thoughts exactly. See my warning above regarding reality crashing down.

I'll update tomorrow. Whew, with that much player activity, this game is quite time-consuming... (Not complaining!)

Edit: A map of Tyler Hall might take a few days to come. It's not something I want to rush into.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-08-13 at 11:08 PM.
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing:

Playing:

29. - Top - End - #59

AssassinGuy

That was excessive for 2 dots in computer. I apologize. I keep getting the dots mixed up with a character i'm playing in real life. I'll look over the sheet thoroughly tonight to make sure i'm not confused again. And yeah Kale doesn't have worldwide contacts, backup identities or access to classified databases. And I won't give him that unless I take merits in them.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since I messed up the rolls in the topic

I'm not entirely sure what roll would make sense for the gathering of opinions, but
    Iím pretty sure itís manipulation + something (Either investigation or Persuasion so Iíll go with the lower one.)
    (1d10)[1] (1d10)[5] (1d10)[5] (1d10)[3] (1d10)[3]

Also a wits +Investigation roll (1d10)[10] (1d10)[4] (1d10)[8] (1d10)[6] (1d10)[7] (1d10)[7]

In case of explosions: (1d10)[6] (1d10)[9] (1d10)[7] (1d10)[1] (1d10)[9][/SPOILER]
    Last edited by McGonigle; 2012-08-14 at 09:03 AM.