Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: Fortune's Favor (OOC)

Full-blown Revolving Door Afterlife, in other words.

This might be a blessing, because Kath just botched his Will save.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll be doing a few of these 'trick' rolls. You saw an example with that option I gave Kath earlier to use a failed reflex save to succeed. In this case, it'd seem obvious that the will save is to avoid what happens due to reading the book, but nope! It's to avoid closing it. Making willpower work against your better judgement.

I'm all but certain that this is a lot less sneaky than I think it is, but there you have it!
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elvish Evoker, as depicted to the left

Currently Running: Fortune's Favor and The Elements of Power

Look! Another Heal/Hurt thread!

3. - Top - End - #93

GnomePirate

Well, obviously it's less sneaky now that you've told us how you do it!

4. - Top - End - #94

I know I keep dropping the word 'companions' around, and I'm not gonna put keeping track of them all on your shoulders. So! I'm editing the very first post on the very first page as a placeholder for an inventory of sorts. You'll be notified in the IC thread as well when you officially recruit an individual, but that placeholder is where you can check what's what at any time.

Right now Denara is the base of sorts; the listing will tell you their name, their class, how loyal they are to the group, etc.

Hopefully this helps both now and down the road!

(A note about loyalty: While this score can have repercussions, don't pressure yourselves into minmaxing the scores. Just roleplay what comes naturally and the rest will sort itself out. Heck, you don't even have to chat on downtime if you don't want to. Note that repercussions don't include 'screw this, I'm outta here'. Once you recruit somebody, they're with you period.)
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elvish Evoker, as depicted to the left

5. - Top - End - #95

GnomePirate

Elias means Door B. Since Orin's moved into the hallway, Elias can probably see all five doors.
    Of course, he chose it completely at random, since he isn't listening for the hum.

6. - Top - End - #96

Alright, I'm so far behind I don't think I can possibly catch up at this point. Life has been pretty crappy the last couple of weeks and I can barely muster the energy to stay involved in the other pbp that I've been playing for quite a while now. I haven't really been able to get into Uregaunt's head as a character either. I actually feel bad for hanging on this long when someone else might be having a lot more fun in my spot, so I'm gonna go ahead and formally withdraw from this game. I've been so uninvolved that it should make very little difference. Feel free to NPC Uregaunt or have him casually fade away. Let me know if you want to NPC him and I can wait to delete the sheet as I've been meaning to go through and remove some of my Myth Weavers sheets that are definitely never going to be used.

Goodbye and good gaming folks.
    2e PHB fighter avatar by Kymme.

Play competitve Pokemon? Wanna earn badges and become a champion? Wanna be a gym leader? Join the Giant League!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry to see you go JPIL, hope things settle down to normal for you soon.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

8. - Top - End - #98

I share Malak's sentiment. It was good to know you.

As to the fate of Uregaunt, two things:

Firstly, I personally would feel a tad cheap playing a chaarcter that isn't mine. Frankly, I don't think I could do him justice, and I'll have my hands full with the companions.

Secondly:

Spoiler
    Show
    UREGAUNT -

It would be a long time before the Sword Coast again heard of the ancient-blooded magi, but when they did, they heard him as a herald. Uregaunt, riding at the head of a group of Harpers including Elminster of Shadowdale and Storm Silverhand, lead a charge against the Zhentarim hordes that would finally seek to conquer all in their path.

The battle was long as bloody; swords rang and spells flashed for many days and nights, but at the end, the bards would recount, the symbol of the Harpers rose from the circles of bodies that lay scattered across the scorched plains. Among the survivors, no one spoke the name of the archmage leader, but this was not his last appearance.

When next in the following years Mystra appeared in physical form, her Chosen magical disciple risen from the blood of Netheril and the spirit of the harp always appeared at her side.

9. - Top - End - #99

Wow, that's a heck of a sendoff on short notice. Well done. And thanks all for the well wishes.
    2e PHB fighter avatar by Kymme.

Play competitve Pokemon? Wanna earn badges and become a champion? Wanna be a gym leader? Join the Giant League!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry to see you go, JPIL. I was looking forward to getting to know the first wizard I ran into on a PbP game. Hope things get better for you, dude.

As a side note, I'm moving into my new apartment tomorrow and over the weekend, and I don't know how soon we'll get internet going, so if I don't post for a day or two, that would be why.
    Thanks to Kymme for my sweet avatar of Bendar Roy, my kick@$$ dwarven rogue.

11. - Top - End - #101

GnomePirate

Sorry to see you go, JPIL. I guess Elias'll have to hold up the arcane end of the party for a while.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Damnit... Look's like Santino's gunna have to take a virtual level of Internal Decorator .

Anyway... I'm guessing it'll be the usual DC 20 Disable Device check to bypass this trap, so if one of you can give me a hand, I'll have a 50/50 chance of doing it .

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

13. - Top - End - #103

Not unless Santino can suddenly cast dispel magic, unfortunately.

The top four drawers are untrapped and therefore fair game, though. I forgot to add that Elias' knowledge of Spellcraft means he knows they look to be vulnerable to something as simple as Open/Close...maybe.

14. - Top - End - #104

GnomePirate

Well, that would be useful... if I had prepared that spell. Barring any unusual stuff re: the mirror, the mysteries of the Pink Boudoir of Doom may have to wait for another day. There are still four unexplored doors on this third floor.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Isn't bypassing a magical trap a DC 20 Disable Device check?

16. - Top - End - #106

In cases where the magical trap has a trigger that can be nonmagically removed, yeah. But this is more like Explosive Runes than Lightning Rod - there aint an off switch.

Unless you have rubber gloves lying around or something, maybe.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

No rubber gloves, but maybe strips of leather wound around the hands, if I remember rightly, leather is low conductive.

18. - Top - End - #108

True, but the traps aren't a one-charge and it's still magically locked from the inside anyway. *shrug* Those darn wizards.

19. - Top - End - #109

GnomePirate

Let's check over the mirror and come back to this room later, then.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Does that silence mean I cant hear the others moving and talking in the bedroom? (Even with the door open) ... Just checking if I have your meaning right before Orin reacts.

Also, if he calls out right now - will the others hear?

21. - Top - End - #111

Ah, no, you can hear the others just fine, for now. But aside from them and that humming, the rest of this floor is quiet.

22. - Top - End - #112

GnomePirate

Yay, forums are back up!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

So at my new apartment, we had an interesting couple of days where we had internet, via plugging in an ethernet cable, but every time we plugged in a different computer, we couldn't plug in a different one. Apparently we need a router to use my roommate's computer and my laptop, not to mention his XBox all at the same time.

Anyway, he should be bringing a router when he comes back from visiting his fiance tomorrow, so I should be able to catch up on everything then. I assume we're already well into another quest, so I'll probably just stay out and catch up when you guys are done?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree fully Aquila.

As to what Santino is up to (apart from trying to keep the very scant contents of his stomach from coming up at the sight of the very pink room), I have no idea what he can really do at the moment apart from being the proverbial door/wall/floor/lock checker... And maybe occasional wise crack maker .

EDIT: We're still just checking out the house @ JBT.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-07 at 01:00 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115

GnomePirate

Very little in-game time has passed since you last posted, JTB... mainly due to the forums being down for a couple days. I think it's no problem if you want to join in now.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aw, sick! Cool. I'll post in the IC thread soon, then.

27. - Top - End - #117

GnomePirate

Could all of us hear the voice, or just Orin?

28. - Top - End - #118

Anyone standing in a position to see inside the door. It's a wide arc, but still selective telepathic communication.

29. - Top - End - #119

In response to Aquila's question: I'm not really ready to NPC Tankerred until TSM officially calls it. Fortunately, we have an easy excuse.

He's a dwarf! He's probably just getting blitzed in the tavern!

30. - Top - End - #120

GnomePirate

Ha, how could I forget that? That's the excuse we always used in my IRL group when the dwarf's player was absent. He spent more time drinking than adventuring...
    Well, off to find Bria then.