New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [PTA] Pokemon Tabletop Adventure, The Shards of Arceus IC

'Ask yourself why the pokedex project includes things like Tyranitar and ' she gives a loud sigh 'Arceus of all things. When you bow to pressure form religious nut jobs, they'll let any old pokemon in. And yet, MissingNo is left out.' She gives her head one final shake. 'Well, it was an honor sir. Despite our differences, I still admire your work, and am glad you are more open minded than I thought. Good day.' She bows to the professor then goes to collect her prize.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel returns Rune back to his pokeball before walking up the chef with a smile upon his face. "Aye, sir, it was a tough fight to be sure. Next time we come back to Academy Island, lets have a rematch shall we? In cooking and pokemon, since I have yet to beat your meals still, ha!" Razel says, shaking the chef's hand.

And then he heads over to the victory box, joining up with Stone.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

"Nice bit of fighting there, Raz. Did you get a chance to catch Leena's battle?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I saw a few pieces of it, but not too clearly. I was more focused on getting through my match, heh, to be honest. Although, from what I hear, you had the toughest fight of us all. Good job on winning that, Stone.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

"I'd really just gotten lucky. After that oddish's first attack, Octavius had nearly been knocked out. If it had connected again, I wouldn't have been able to take it out."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

'Great, we'll talk after the ceremony'. Isaac replies to Donovan.

Isaac smiles at the compliment from Professor Oak.

'Thank you Professor. It's a pleasure to meet you. I've spent a fair bit of time helping with Growlithe, so my experience is mostly based on them'.

Isaac walks up to the Victory box.

I wonder why they wanted to send the audience out? You would think that they'd have the ceremony with them present. That girl's clearly quite sharp - the Professor seemed to think that she might be right about Tyranitar. Goodness knows, I've never heard of it myself.

As Isaac arrives he gives Razel a pat on the back.

'Well done Razel. I knew you'd take him'.

Isaac turns and offers his hand for Leena to shake,

'And well done Ms. I don't think we were introduced. Isaac Hill, and this is Tinder'. Isaac gestures up to his head.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

She nods at the young man introducing himself. 'Miss Leena Brown.' She points her camera at the boy, examining him through her lense scope, and snaps a quick picture of him then the other two. 'Well, I suppose if you three were matched to my level, you must have superior skills equal to my own. Most likely not in the same area, but nonetheless it is pleasant to meet students of intelectual value who do not make snide remarks about my research.' Leena was going off on her own mental tangent. And with Oak nearby to boost her own ego, who knew what she was thinking right now?
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

"Hi Leena, I'm Donavon." He managed to get out.

Yeah, real smooth, Donavon.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

'Yes, the Professor already introduced us.' Leena peers at him over the top of her glasses. 'I must admit, I am jealous. I'd have liked to have a chance to fight the Professor rather than that crazy old coot. There must be something special about you for them to pick you.'

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I have helped him out with caring for pokemon over on his island for years. I guess we're sorta personal friends."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

'Hmm, personal friends with the Professor? I didn't think he had those sorts of .... interests.' Leena takes out a note book and scribbles something in.

-Oak: possible story. unhealthy relationship with young boys? need further investigation.-

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Donavon's temper and sanity, along with Leena's nose, are all very grateful that he cannot read her notebook.

"Um, yeah, he's a real great guy. If you're willing to stop and listen to his stories, you can really learn a lot."
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-01 at 06:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

As you all reach the Victory box, you notice the Principal, Bryce Ronami standing in front of a table with a fairly large rectangular box. He is about 40 years old and his hair is slightly greying but you can still see some of his brown hair throughout, he stands about the same height as professor oak and wears blue collared shirt with tie. Professor Oak and the other teaches go up and greet Bryce before going to stand in front of the table and box.

The Victory box consists of a long rectangular table with a few chairs around it, as well as some more comfortable looking couches on the outside, all looking out the window that takes up the entire wall facing into the arena.

Leena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice that the box is the same that the pokemon breeding teacher (Damian, who Isaac fought) was bringing in to the arena when you were on your way in.

Donavon, Razel, Isaac:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The box looks similar in shape to that of the carry box Damian uses to transport eggs.

Bryce turns to you all after greeting your teachers. "Well, you all did well, as expected. I understand some of you are a bit confused with today's... festivity. Well you may have guessed that it involves seeing the rate of trainers the school turns out, which is only partly true, it also helps the schools funding, but as you can probably tell, there is more to today than that." He looks thoughtful for a moment, then his eyes shift around the room; you can tell he is nervous, before his eyes come to rest on the box,"AH, well we can get to that later, first your prizes, all of you bring out your pokedex' please" As you do so you notice him pull a small box out from his pocket.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-10-01 at 08:16 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Leena hands over her pokedex. After all, it was a normal one, full of errors. If they wiped or confiscated it, no big deal to her.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel nods at the principal, reaching into one of his pockets that were in the inside of his jacket before pulling out the desired object. "Well, to be honest sir, it was fun for me. Plus, it looks like we all made some friends here anyways." he tells the principal as he hands over the pokedex.

Razel looks over at Leena and whispers "The name is Razel, nice to meet ya." to her, if only because he was the only one not to greet her.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Donavon presents his 'dex without a word.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

What's going on? It sounds as if there's something he's trying not to say.

Isaac hands over his Pokedex.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

18. - Top - End - #108

ElfWarriorGuy

The principal takes your Pokedexes off you and lays them out on the table, before pulling a USB out and sliding it in the base of the pokedex. A few beeps, whirrs, and flashes later, he hands your pokedex back to you, and you notice your identification screen has changed. The background has become gold, your status is now "Graduate Trainer" and it has a digital badge counter.

"Now, your pokedex has been upgraded to show the full extent of your trainer qualifications, it has a new background, and has unlocked all the features, including disallowing the school to monitor your progress. You could consider it a digital cirtificate, or "badge".

He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out four cards handing one to each of you. Each card has your name on it, as well as a gold "T".

"These are all-purpose passes for the islands, you can travel to any of the islands, as long as you don't go to the mainland, which is where they'll be confiscated." He hands one to each of you.

Professor Oak pipes up from behind him. *cough* "Back to the upgrades, this unlocks costmetic things like changing the backround to an image or another colour, and I will be handling your Pokedex evaluation, unless you find another professor who you would prefer to handle it for you"

You notice as he moves back, Damian has opened the box and is unlocking four compartments, which Chef', Professor Oak and Damian himself take a case out of a compartment, which you notice have an egg in them. The principal looks around briefly before he notices the last egg in the compartment, before taking it to Leena.

Leena: "Raise it well" the principal hands it over (once your hands are empty) before turning around and walking back to his previous position. The egg is a somewhat dull blue colour, looking almost patchwork.

Razel: Chef Lemau comes up to you holding the egg in his hands waiting for you to take it. "Here's yours, this one isn't for cooking" he gives a brief chuckle. The egg has a bit of a pinkish tinge, there are some darker splotches littered about.

Donavon: Professor Oak approaches you with the egg he holds it waiting for you to take it. "Thanks for helping me with my work, maybe stop by the island sometime?" the egg is a light tan colour, riddle with dark lines that looks like it could resemble scales.

Wordplay: Damian walks up to you, "You raised it's parents, and they wanted you to have this" He waits for you to take the egg. It's a blue colour with a white and black spiral on the middle.

Everyone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Each egg comes with a case, it doesn't take up much room and can easily fit in your pack.

Razel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Upon inspection you can tell that your egg containes a Nidoran (M) Unless you actively try to inspect everyone elses, you don't know.

*TRAINER LEVEL FOR EVERYONE!*

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Donavon accepts the egg with pride. "You can count on it, Professor."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Monitoring our progress? Passes confiscated when we go to the mainland? Hmm, something about that seems strange. What are they trying to hide from the mainland?

'No, you will be fine handling the pokedex data. While I do admire Rowan's research on evolution, I'd need to verify his findings for myself. As for Birch and Elm, well, they are amateurs compared to you. No disrespect to them, it's just you and Rowan are the top of the top.'

She turns the egg over in her hand. 'Umm, Razel was it? You know more about this thing than I do' Leena knew her faults and limitations well. Too bad she didn't know how crazy she was. 'Could you examine this for me? I'm thinking I'll disappear for a bit, see what I can dig up on these islands.'

Leena goes off to the nearest laptop or library to research the islands they were allowed to visit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Leena uses Did the Homework on the islands they are allowed to visit.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel takes the egg in his hand, thanking the Chef as he gets it. "Oh, I know not to cook a pokemon egg. Unless I make one of my supreme omelets again, then I cannot make any promises, heh." Razel tells his old teacher, while turning the egg over in his hands, easily noting the texture, color, and size of the egg. Well...from the texture and size, it would have to be from the Nidoran family, and the color shows that it is the male pokemon of the species. Razel thinks to himself, still looking over the egg to make sure there were no cracks in it.

When he hears his name called out suddenly, Razel starts and turns toward Leena. "Ah, sure. This should not be too hard, I hope." Razel answers to her request, putting his own egg in the case and in his bag before gently holding her egg, looking it over as she leaves.

22. - Top - End - #112

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WarGruntw View Post
    When he hears his name called out suddenly, Razel starts and turns toward Leena. "Ah, sure. This should not be too hard, I hope." Razel answers to her request, putting his own egg in the case and in his bag before gently holding her egg, looking it over as she leaves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The patchy texture of the egg makes it seem like a feebas, but the colour makes you not so certain.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac takes the egg very carefully.

'Thank you, I'll take good care of it. You say I cared for it's parents? I think I've got a good idea of what it is...'

Isaac turns back to the principle and Oak

'Thank you very much. I'd be honoured for you to handle my Pokedex administration sir. May I ask, why are our tickets confiscated if we go to the mainland?'

I guess it's a good job I took those classes if I'm going to be submitting data to Professor Oak. Hmm...I wonder where Ms Brown's off to in such a hurry.

Isaac puts that out of his mind, and walks over to his friend.

Hey, Raz, could you have a look at this egg for me? I'm pretty sure, but I could use an expert eye...Poliwag, right?

'Anyhow, I've was saying to Donovan here, I've been thinking about taking a year to travel around, see if I've got what it takes to make it as a full time trainer, and perhaps challenge for some badges. I'd like to get a group together - would you be interested Razel? Of course, we can always travel for a little bit and see how it goes...

If it's OK with you guys, I was thinking about asking Miss Brown as well. I think we'd each bring a lot to a team'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel keeps examining the egg in front of him, looking closely at the coloration. "Strange....this is quite perplexing. he mumbles under his breath, running his fingers over the egg again. A Feebas, that was what the texture was telling him but the color was giving him different vibes than a usual feebas egg. It seems that miss Leena has quite a few mysteries surrounding her. But not all mysteries are worth solving... Razel thinks to himself, placing the egg in his bag, to give to Leena later.

Razel finally picks up on the que that he was being talked to. "Aye, I would not mind going around the islands for a while. We traveled around them for most of my life, but never long enough to actually go any farther than the port cities. And sure, I will look at your egg." He replies, taking the egg in hand and examining it like the others. I bet Stone will give me his egg to look at also... passes briefly through his mind, but Razel shakes his head and goes back to looking the egg over.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

If he asks to see it, Donavon won't mind letting Razel take a look, but he won't venture that on his own.

"Sounds like a great idea to me!"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

'Thanks Raz'. says Isaac as he hands the egg over.

Isaac smiles broadly as Raz and Donovan voice their agreement.

'Good. Sounds like a plan then. We'll need to get the Pokemon healed up first, then we can head out. I don't know about you guys, but later today suits me fine. Any preference for where you'd like to go first? Personally, I'd like to camp out in some wilderness - give us all a chance to expand our teams with wilds'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

27. - Top - End - #117

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
    'Thank you very much. I'd be honoured for you to handle my Pokedex administration sir. May I ask, why are our tickets confiscated if we go to the mainland?'
    "I think we will get to that soon, It isn't normal procedure but there is a good reason, I believe it is the principals place to tell you, not mine" He looks the principal who still seems to be staring out the window into the arena.

The principal turns back to all of you before taking a breath. "Good idea, Enjoy your victory, all of you meet at the docks and I will meet you there with more information, please tell ms Brown as well." You all notice the proffessor shakes his head a little as he and the principal usher you and the remaining teachers out of the room. Who say goodbye, before heading back to their classrooms, telling you to come see them if you need anything.

Leena,
    Did the homework is completed.

Razel,
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do find that Isaacs hunch was correct, and the egg he gave you was indeed a poliwag egg

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

"So, where to from here?"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

'Well, I guess we should find Ms Brown, let her know about the meet up at the docks, and see if she want's in on travelling with us'.

Isaac pats his backpack.

'I've got pretty much everything here, clothes, pokeballs and such, so I'm all packed ready - I sent the rest of my stuff home to my parents'.

'I guess the only other thing to do is get our 'mon healed up. Anyone know if the academy has any facilities? I'd rather not use up a berry if we can help it'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

"I would assume so, since otherwise it would be difficult to host battle like this."