New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default [PTA] Pokemon Tabletop Adventure, The Shards of Arceus IC

The school is almost eerily quiet, you can't hear students talking or hurrying to their first classes, this may have been the first time in years that you have had this quiet besides at night. Before the silence can get to you though, the morning bell rings through the air.

The events of yesterdays graduation still fresh in your mind, your old room lay almost bare, only the necessities still in your room, ready for the next student to come.

One of your old teachers challenged you to an exhibition match today to celebrate your graduation, though you aren't sure which one exactly, you were told this by the principle/Dean, so you're pretty sure it is a tradition.

The battle begins at 9:00 and it is currently 7:30, givin you more than enough time to get across campus to the field, or do anything else.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-08-04 at 05:40 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [PTA] Pokemon Tabletop Adventure, The Shards of Arceus IC

Donavon turns to his buddy Razel and says, "Do you think she'll be there at the match?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Leena slings her camera over her neck and exits her room. As she was walking to the field where the matches were being held, she wondered who she'd be facing. The pokemon biology teacher, who always argued with her? The theology teacher who she had written that article on, calling him a member of the 'Cult of Arceus'? Or maybe the teacher in charge of the art club? He did always try to get Leena to consider joining the photography club, but she prefered her photos in the paper than on a wall of some gallery. Who had time for art when there was research to be done?

Camera in one hand and Fox's pokeball in the other, she goes to find out what was going on.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel is laying down under a tree, feeling the morning breeze floating gently blowing across him. "Probably, if she was in the same class as us. I heard some rumors that the art teacher had a thing for her or something. He would always try to talk to her, but she would brush him off." Razel tells Stone, recounting the gossip he heard from the kitchen staff.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

"I know, right. She just so... so... " He spreads his hands to encompass everything while a blush creeps up his cheeks. "Isn't she?"

After the inevitable awkward pause, he says, "Anyways, what you wanna do until the match? I think the prof might come by to watch. If so, I'm gonna ask him if he has any last-minute advice for what kind of pokemon I could be facing."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel looks up in the leaves of the tree and lets out a small sigh, before telling Stone "Well, I would love to go to sleep again, really. But if I do that under this tree, I might miss the match. And do you think I would miss the chance to see you be embarrassed in front of your entire class?" Razel tells Stone with a small, sly grin on his face. Razel sits up and stretches, letting out a small yawn, before saying I am joking. But lets head over to the battle area. I feel like cooking something spicy for breakfast, you know, to set the mood for the battle."
    Last edited by WarGruntw; 2012-08-04 at 08:36 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

At the mention of Razz cooking, Donavon says, "You- cook- YES!

C'mon, we should have just enough time for you to cook and we eat it before we have to get down there!
    "

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel nods and gets up off the ground, takes a few seconds to dust the grass off of himself, and heads towards the battle area in a quickened, but awkward stride. "Still not use to walking on land so much. But I must not disappoint my fans." Razel thinks as he feels the ingredients in his backpack, having bought the best he could find in the market the day before.

9. - Top - End - #9

ElfWarriorGuy

(You're all at opposite sides of the school at the moment btw, Leena is slightly closer to the northern side of the arena. Razel and Donavon are on the southern side.)

Leena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk towards the battle field, you pass the breeding centre where you see the Head Breeder carrying four packages and managing quite easily with two on his makeshift backpack, and the other two being held carefully in his hands. He is young and only slightly taller than average, but the small yellow pokemon sitting that sits on his shoulder makes him seem taller than he his.

A young student who couldn't be over 10, comes up to you holding a newspaper "good luck in the battle" and with a large grin on his face he runs off. And it isn't until he leaves that you realise that you didn't know that a paper was coming out today.

The arena shortly comes into view, and you see the head breeder enter through the back entrance.

Razel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk to the arena you pass the kitchen, the smells asaile your nostrils, from being in the kitchen so long you can smell cakes and other celebration food.

Someone does pop out the window and shouts "GOOD LUCK!" before closing up the window quickly and you hear the familiar sound of the head chef's frying pan on fresh skin.

Eventually the arena comes into view, you can see a group of people crouding around the main entrance already.

Donavon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk to the arena you pass the kitchen, the smells asaile your nostrils, you can tell dessert's when you smell them.

Someone also pops out the window and shouts "GOOD LUCK!" before closing up the window quickly and you hear a strange sound coming from inside.

Eventually the arena comes into view, you can see a group of people crouding around the main entrance already.

Time: about 8:00am

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"Give a holler when you've got breakfast ready! I'm gonna see if the prof is in for this."

Donavon will head off to see if Professor Oak is here to see the exhibition matches. After the many summers spent at Oak Island helping the good professor out and investigating all the different pokemon at the island, he looks up to the man as a mentor. Perhaps he'll have some last-minute advice.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel nods as he heads into the kitchen. Walking up to the head chef, Razel holds up his backpack and unzips part of it, showing the ingredients inside. He had spent plenty of his time in the kitchen before, and knowing the answer to his un-asked question, heads over to a unused stove and turns a burner on. He then reaches under the stove and pulls out a frying pan, placing it on a unheated burner before taking a can of cooking spray and spraying the pan with it. Razel reaches inside of his backpack and takes out a few eggs, breaking them on the edge of the pan and letting the yolk fall in the middle of the pan, before placing the pan on the active burner. Razel then takes out some bell peppers, onions, potatoes and a few bottles of seasoning. He lets the yolk cook while he dices up the onions and bell peppers, before cutting the potatoes into small cubes and then dumps all of it in the yolk, which had started to turn a bright yellow color by then. Razel adds a small amount of seasoning on the omelet before folding it in half and covering the entire thing in cheese. Turning the oven off, Razel stuffs the omelet into a lunch box and puts the pan in the sink before nodding his thanks to the head chief and heads out towards the arena to find Stone.
    Last edited by WarGruntw; 2012-08-04 at 10:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Leena flicks through the paper as she walks, seeing what they'd put out with her now gone. Not that they ever took her seriously, of course. The only reason they let her have a column was by making a deal with her to be a photographer.

She stops her reading briefly to spy on what the breeder was doing, and to see what pokemon he had with him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Walking Encyclopedia tells me what it is at a glance
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

13. - Top - End - #13

ElfWarriorGuy

@Leena,
    Spoiler
    Show
    the Paper is a special edition, that doesn't have the normal layout, and it is all about the exhibition match. It seems they took some of your previous pictures of you and three others, Razel, Donavon, and Isaac along with their images.

You can tell that the pokemon is a pichu.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Huh, Pichu? The first irregularity that proves the national pokedex is a lie. As if no one noticed Pikachu was an evolved mon for all that time, absurd!

Leena follows the man in the back entrance and looks for a seat, scanning the article, trying to see if it said why her and these other 3. She still had no idea why she had to battle today. Probably some conspiracy by the faculty to waste her spare time to hamper her research.

15. - Top - End - #15

ElfWarriorGuy

A bell rings out again, this time, it is the battle bell that you all recognise to be when a big battle is going down. You would all either watch it from the TV's in the class-rooms or go there, depending on who was battling and what class you were in.

Leena,
    Spoiler
    Show

As you follow him inm you notice he turns off to the "No admittance" section of the arena. It is the first time you've come in through the back door but you have no problem making your way in and finding a seat, the closest is the contestant seating area.

In the paper it talks about how you four above all others were chosen for an exhibition match against your teachers, It is commented on by your teachers as well.

Yours say:
    Jason Darney GET FIRED! (your Art Treacher): "Good vision, wasting potential on the newspaper" It seems some last minute editing was done on this one with a red pen.

Orion Hera (Pokemon Biology Teacher): "Interesting girl, not too good with pokemon from other reigons though"

Acre Forthright (Theology teacher): "YOU READING THIS YOU SACK OF ****, HOPE YOU MUK UP TODAY call me a member of the Cult of Arceus, DIE A HORRIBLE ****!" Apparently last this one was a last minute edit as well, by the guys in the printer room.

Donavon
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can't seem to find Oak anywhere, he usually comes to these sorts of thing, the croud at the arena begins to enter the arena and you notice a man covered head to toe and wearing a mask enter the arena as well. Everyone has a copy of he school paper as well, but this isn't a usual school paper day.

Razel
    Spoiler
    Show
    The head chef says goodbye, and wishes you good luck in the battle, along with all the other people cooking at the moment, there is cake and brownies, but you smell something more coming from the head chef oven at the back, the smell is almost overwelming. when you get outside you notice that the croud that was out front of the arena has dispersed and is going in right now.

Time: 8:30
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-08-05 at 01:54 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D_Man_7733 View Post
    A bell rings out again, this time, it is the battle bell that you all recognise to be when a big battle is going down. You would all either watch it from the TV's in the class-rooms or go there, depending on who was battling and what class you were in.

Leena,
    Spoiler
    Show

As you follow him inm you notice he turns off to the "No admittance" section of the arena. It is the first time you've come in through the back door but you have no problem making your way in and finding a seat, the closest is the contestant seating area.

In the paper it talks about how you four above all others were chosen for an exhibition match against your teachers, It is commented on by your teachers as well.

Yours say:
    Jason Darney GET FIRED! (your Art Treacher): "Good vision, wasting potential on the newspaper" It seems some last minute editing was done on this one with a red pen.

Orion Hera (Pokemon Biology Teacher): "Interesting girl, not too good with pokemon from other reigons though"

Acre Forthright (Theology teacher): "YOU READING THIS YOU SACK OF ****, HOPE YOU MUK UP TODAY call me a member of the Cult of Arceus, DIE A HORRIBLE ****!" Apparently last this one was a last minute edit as well, by the guys in the printer room.

Donavon
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can't seem to find Oak anywhere, he usually comes to these sorts of thing, the croud at the arena begins to enter the arena and you notice a man covered head to toe and wearing a mask enter the arena as well. Everyone has a copy of he school paper as well, but this isn't a usual school paper day.

Razel
    Spoiler
    Show
    The head chef says goodbye, and wishes you good luck in the battle, along with all the other people cooking at the moment, there is cake and brownies, but you smell something more coming from the head chef oven at the back, the smell is almost overwelming. when you get outside you notice that the croud that was out front of the arena has dispersed and is going in right now.

Time: 8:30
    Donavon will walk over to any student he recognizes and asks, "What's up with the paper today? Doesn't normally come out 'till later this week."

17. - Top - End - #17

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Donavon will walk over to any student he recognizes and asks, "What's up with the paper today? Doesn't normally come out 'till later this week."
    He looks up to you and shakes your hand, you recognise him to be a year younger than you (his name is Philip) "Good luck in the battle Don, the paper is a special edition all about the exhibition match today" He shows you the paper with a picture of your face on it, you notice your teachers names are down the bottom with a quote but philip take the paper away too quick for you to read, and rushes into the arena giving you a thumbs up on the way.

There is a box full of papers at the entrance to the arena if you want to know more.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Donavon will take a paper and leaf through it, trying to learn more about this match that he suspects everyone else now knows more about than he does.

19. - Top - End - #19

ElfWarriorGuy

Donavon,
    Spoiler
    Show
    in the paper, you see mostly information on the four battlers, one of them being Leena, each of you are accompanied by a photo and a few quotes from your teachers, as well as a quick biography of how you did in school.

You notice that in the senior section of the paper, they used the classic innuendo that meant that betting was open for the battle, current odds 10:1 against you guys. (You would have learnt the innuendo when you started senior classes)

Other than that, it is about times and the paper making guesses about who will be battling against who. (no certain answers, each collumn gives a different person)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

<Yawn>

Isaac rolls over in bed, stirring slightly. Then he jerks awake.

What time is it...ARGH! I overslept! Why didn't my alarm clock go off!

Isaac pulls himself out of bed and quickly pulls on some clothes. Then he quickly combs his sandy hair, and grabs his backpack.

Thank goodness I thought to pack it last night.

Just before Isaac heads out, he double checks the contents of his bag.

Four, five, and one friend ball. Good, all here.

Now that he's just about caught up with himself, Isaac heads down to the canteen to grab a quick breakfast.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

'Oh no, almost forgot'.

Isaac reaches to his belt and feels for the lone Pokeball there. Feeling the ridge of the button, he opens in.

'Cynda!'

'Hey Tinder! Good morning to you too'. Isaac picks the little fawn and black mon up and puts her gently on his shoulder. Her little claws dig in slightly, and she peers about happily.

'We're just going to get some breakfast. We've got a little time until the bout, so I'll try and squeeze in a quick warm-up too'.

Isaac looks for the school newspaper on the way to the canteen. Then looks at the food on offer in the canteen.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel walks in the arena, looking for Stone. They had just enough time to eat the omelet he had made, and if he could not find Stone soon, he would go ahead and start eating it.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Leena was shocked. Not at the casual death threat form the Arcean cultist, that was expected from those religious nut-jobs. More at the decline in quality of the school paper. And still no mention of what this is all about. Leena pushed her glasses up and looked like she was lost in thought. Something was going on, she could sense it. And the only way to find out was to wait and see, and play along.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D_Man_7733 View Post
    Donavon,
    Spoiler
    Show
    in the paper, you see mostly information on the four battlers, one of them being Leena, each of you are accompanied by a photo and a few quotes from your teachers, as well as a quick biography of how you did in school.

You notice that in the senior section of the paper, they used the classic innuendo that meant that betting was open for the battle, current odds 10:1 against you guys. (You would have learnt the innuendo when you started senior classes)

Other than that, it is about times and the paper making guesses about who will be battling against who. (no certain answers, each collumn gives a different person)
    Donavon starts looking for Razel, suspecting the food is done. While looking, he scans the paper for all the information on Leena that he can.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel enters the arena, going through the now less crowded entrance, before looking down the hall to see if Stone was there.
    Last edited by WarGruntw; 2012-08-05 at 06:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

ElfWarriorGuy

Razel,
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can see Donavon standing by the paper stand closer to the arena

Donavon,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Under Leena's name you notice profanities from her theology teacher, it also explaiens that she had good grades in most classes, but were not terrific.
    It also has multiple people giving an opinion on how she will do in the battle, most people think it will be a tie, the rest think she will win. You notice Razel leaving the kitchen.

Isaac,
    Spoiler
    Show
    The canteen is serving pancakes for breakfast this morning, along with some pokemon food of all types.

when reading the paper, you notice that it is a special edition that is all about the exhibition match today, along with photo's from each of the competitors (that is you, leena, razel, and Donavon) along with quotes from your teachers.

In the canteen a few people wish you and Tinder good luck in the up-coming battle.

Leena,
    Spoiler
    Show
    you notice your art teacher come and sit down beside you.

"I see you got a copy of the paper" he lets out a brief sigh as he briefly scrolls down to his name "Good luck in the fight today, and don't feel nervous, it's mostly just a test to see what kind of trainers the school is turning out."

You also notice the arena is starting to fill with the students who haven't gone on holidays yet.

(are you looking in at the battling area? or are you sitting in the "locker-room" type area?)
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-08-05 at 06:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel runs into Stone, who seemed to be looking for Razel. "I got the food." Razel tells him as he holds up the lunch box, a delicious aroma drifting from it. "Lets go find some seats and eat this, shall we? I wonder where the others are at, the match is about to start and all." Razel says, making small talk as he starts to head off in the direction of some nearby seats.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

'Honestly, I'm more annoyed than curious. You'd think we'd be at least allowed to know who we are fighting. Highly irregular. Either way, I hope I'm able to snap a few good shots today. Though, now I'm no longer working for the paper, I may take your advice and sell a few of my photos. I'll need money to finance my work in the future.' That should please him. Art teachers like their pupils succeeding, right?

'Truthfully, I'd hoped it would be the Theology professor, Dr Forthright. I'd love to show him up. But based on the article, I doubt it's him.' She cocked her glasses at Mr Darney. 'You wouldn't feel like giving me a hint now, would you?'

Spoiler
    Show
    Charisma check to get him to spill some beans
    (1d20+2)[17]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarGruntw View Post
    Razel runs into Stone, who seemed to be looking for Razel. "I got the food." Razel tells him as he holds up the lunch box, a delicious aroma drifting from it. "Lets go find some seats and eat this, shall we? I wonder where the others are at, the match is about to start and all." Razel says, making small talk as he starts to head off in the direction of some nearby seats.
    "Thanks, man." Donavon says, scarfing down his omlette while reading more in the paper. "Looks like we're in the papers today. Wanna read what they have to say about us?" Assuming Razel answers in the affirmative, Donavon will read the column about himself and his buddy out loud.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

'Aww, man pancakes again? You'd think these guys had never heard of vegetables'.

Nevertheless, Isaac takes a good sized serving - needs energy for the day - and sprinkles some lemon juice on it.

'Now let me see, we decided yesterday that you liked the dry food best, didn't we?'

The little Cyndaquil hides its head in Isaac's shoulder and squeaks it's assent.

'Hey, no need to be shy'.

Isaac serves Tinder with some dry flakes and starts wolfing down his pancakes, one eye on his watch.

'Look Tinder - I hope we win today, but if we lose - don't worry. This is just the start of our journey. I haven't been able to train you much yet, but once I've had a chance we can take on anyone. Just stay calm and do your best. I'll be here for you no matter what'.

Isaac smiles.

'And remember that trick we practised. Let's give the crowd a good show'.

Isaac returns to eating his breakfast and reads the section in the paper on the competition, looking at what they've said about him.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters: