New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Awesome Epic Gesalt Nations Game - rweird

Yo, epic gesalt nations game players: this is the thread drack wants me to make for my meeting with another player, not sure who yet. This might in general be about me. Feel free to drop by. Remember, spoiler private things. Don't use this without actually having a reason to meet me or go to my kingdom. Because none of you besides 'Cry-us Lord Cyrus' knows i'm here yet, I don't think you should post.

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, the tower is, I attempt to enter via mundane means (Walking). Could I have a more detailed description of the tower (Does it look like a watchpost, or a castle? Something in between). Also, how do people react to me?

Knowledge Architecture and Engineering if needed: (1d20+85)[93] (previous one didn't work)

Also, Description of my appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ones before looks curious. There form wavers and there seems to be nine of them, each mirroring each other movements. They has a metallic golden red skin, and wears a robe of white cloth, many stones circle his head. Half of his face is masked by what appears to be an angle's face, and the other masked by that of a devil. He is almost 6 ft. and has six wings, all are feathered like angle's, but four of them seen to be more draconic in shape. He carries a knarled staff engraved with runes. Upon his shoulders, it seems that a cloak of tiny stars forming at his shoulders and falling to his feet. Magical snowflakes fall around them, seeming to sing.

True Seeing Shows:
    Spoiler
    Show
    An ordinary human. There is only one of them.
    Last edited by rweird; 2012-09-17 at 03:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Awesome Epic Gesalt Nations Game - rweird

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, it seems to have trouble with my
    Knowledge Architecture and Engineering if needed to learn more about the tower, so here it is: (1d20+85)[92]

3. - Top - End - #3

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing as 'Cry-us' hasn't responded yet, could you at least give me the name of some other player for me to meet. From my weird's divinations? I know you aren't all that active though I still want to be able to do stuff.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

I would, but there's not much I can do you in that you're in the midle of that guys nation and not somebody else's... Anywho I'll try tossing them a PM...
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

5. - Top - End - #5

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None of my divinations told me anything at all? I'm over another kingdom, but teleportation is easy. Also, has my simulacrum's detect thoughs/evil/law, and tongues tongues abilities frequent use tell me anything about this kingdom (just used on passing by people)?

Also, does me casting Programmed Amnesia allow me to read someone's thoughts. It says: "casting the spell gives you access to all of the subject's thoughts and memories allowing you to implement as many of the following specific effects as you like.", though it makes no further mention of reading thoughts, it allows me to chose what I destroy. What's your ruling?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

rweird:
    Spoiler
    Show

Cyrus strides out to meet the figure, 14 feet tall and resplendent in polished silver-black armour and helmet. He approaches their leader directly. "I am Lord Cyrus Jamie Cavaliere, ruler of Cerulea, High Priest of Asmodeus, hailed Victorious 27 times, refounder of the country, patron of the people. I hope you will not consider me impertinent in asking what is the meaning of your rather unexpected arrival above my capital, and of the considerable discomfort it caused to arcanists in the area. Despite this, I hope cordial relations can be established. I also hope you did not suffer any injuries when passing through the wards around the city, that would be most unfortunate. Perhaps you would like to join me in my throne room? We could discuss matters more comfortably there. I am sure you are eager for more information about this world than the meagre insights of a fool. Such men are old before their time - in that I mean, they should not have grown old, until they were wise."

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have Permanent Arcane Sight and am focussing on this Thallagon.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Cog
    Spoiler
    Show

Arcane sight reviles nothing. (mind blank)
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

8. - Top - End - #8

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What does Arcane Sight reveal? Spellcraft is high enough unless he has something like 80th level spells or items with a CL of in the hundreds. Also, do I detect any magic warding the city?

Questions you haven't answered (not urgent though helpful):
    Spoiler
    Show
    None of my divinations told me anything at all? I'm over another kingdom, but teleportation is easy. Also, has my simulacrum's detect thoughs/evil/law, and tongues tongues abilities frequent use tell me anything about this kingdom (just used on passing by people)?

Also, does me casting Programmed Amnesia allow me to read someone's thoughts. It says: "casting the spell gives you access to all of the subject's thoughts and memories allowing you to implement as many of the following specific effects as you like.", though it makes no further mention of reading thoughts, it allows me to chose what I destroy. What's your ruling?

Cogidubnus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thallagon Algorthen rises into the air so his head is level with Lord Cyrus's and smiles. "Well me Lord Cyrus, I am Thallagon Algorthen, Third of the council of five... The only member now, though that is a long story. I assure you the discomfort of our arrival was unintended and am sorry for that. Our arrival here was through a portal we found, we were wandering in the void until then, and wished to find a universe and end our journey. If I could see a map I could move my nation elsewhere, though it will take some time. The wards haven't troubled me, though let us make for the throne room. I don't know what to make of the fool I met, he appeared when I tried to divine information on this, though the divination was blocked, he answered me almost as well. He appeared for unknown reasons, and then flew away on a cloud, he didn't seem hostile though I sensed a great power within him, has you heard of this being?"
    Last edited by rweird; 2012-08-30 at 03:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Cog
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh my, thanks for reminding me to send that PM

Oh yeah, and do you have mind blank up?
    Last edited by drack; 2012-08-30 at 04:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course. It should be in the (long) list of buffs and defences I always have. Also, where's the current world map to be found?

rweird:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Come with me, I will have aides bring maps and tables to the throne room. Would you care for some wine or other refreshment while we talk? Perhaps you could tell me something about your people as well?

Cyrus leads Thallgon through the castle to the throne room, the magnificently luxurious hall where he meets with formal guests. His attentive servants had already brought tables, placed them next to the throne, and set out velvet-cushioned mahogany chairs for the guests to sit at. Cyrus' most up to date maps are spread on the tables, pinned beneath a bottle of fine wine.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Cogidubnus
    Spoiler
    Show

First post of your OOC should have it

Rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

Arcane sight gives you nothing (mindblank)

12. - Top - End - #12

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thought so. I assume it being SU doesn't change that. Autohypnosis to memorize the map (auto success).

Cogidubnus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In our world, the Blood War, a battle since the beginning of time were demons fought devils, was finally won by the demons and they rampaged the planes. Naturally, I wanted my people to survive, and to make sure the demons couldn't pursue us, or unleash the threat on other universes if they did exist, so the council of five made a Rift into the void, we brought our structures through, and the other four members stayed behind to seal it, then, knowing the demons may be able to do the same, we ripped the universe out of the multiverse, making escape impossible." Thallagon says walking to the throne room. As he looks at the map, taking it all in (I assume this is the new map Drack put up a few weeks ago), he asks "Can you tell me anything about the other nations of this world?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

correct, and yes you're looking at the right map.

14. - Top - End - #14

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do I detect any magic warding the city from Arcane Sight?

Questions you haven't answered (not urgent though helpful):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did none of the weird's divinations tell me anything at all? I'm over another kingdom, but teleportation is easy. Also, has my simulacrum's detect thoughs/evil/law, and tongues tongues abilities frequent use tell me anything about this kingdom (just used on passing by people)?

Another Question: Does me casting Programmed Amnesia allow me to read someone's thoughts. It says: "casting the spell gives you access to all of the subject's thoughts and memories allowing you to implement as many of the following specific effects as you like.", though it makes no further mention of reading thoughts, it allows me to chose what I destroy. What's your ruling?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes... wardings that block teleportation and planer travel... guess you came own another way?

Amnesia: yes, though only while in effect, so you won't be able to autohypnosis recall them all.

Simi: you have one down there?
    Last edited by drack; 2012-08-31 at 06:42 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the end of the day I made a simi and left, though this is i believe technically happening yesterday, its complicated. If he came today, I would have immediately teleported down to meet him anyways, though a simi waited that day, its in the other thread.

What is the warding that blocks planar travel exactly, as in, what is the spell? Forbidence? If so, my SR could block it, though I had no trouble teleporting down here at first, why is that then? Could you specify, if needed, spellcraft (1d20+88)[96]

Programed Amnesia: What if I write it down while I cast the spell?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks for reminding me, I'm gonna request a wording on that wish too as just replicating the spell without a body to enchant is as silly as binding a soul without something to bind it to.

spellcraft: yup, DM forgot about forbidence.

Programed Amnesia: yup, as with saying it out loud. The end result is getting far less info. (you know, a reasonable amount )

18. - Top - End - #18

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have ignore material components, and I have plenty of hairs, it is like I cast it normally. The spell creates the things wholesale from my hair.

forbidence: What CL of the effect?

Programed Amnesia: I thought as much I was thinking about using it on some people I find without altering anything, just for info on this world, though not just yet.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

Forbiddance: honestly you should probably be asking cog about enchantments rather then me...

Programed Amnesia: I figured, but you'll still need a medium (paper or a follower to hear) to remember it.

20. - Top - End - #20

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I probably should, should I ask him what my simi detected, even though he shouldn't know?

Cogidubnus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is the CL of the forbidence effect in the city? Drack said I should ask you about it, I had no idea it was their when I teleported down (to 100 ft. above the ground, not sure if that is in the effect).

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

Could ask him OOC, or mention that having swept your eyes over the city deference you're wondering what spells you saw. In either case I'm far more likely to goof up his wards then him.

22. - Top - End - #22

Cogidubnus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OoC: What wards on your city does Arcane Sight reveal? Outside your palace, where I waited, what does detect evil/detect chaos/detect thought show, just for civilians. Drack said I should ask you because he thinks he it more likely to mess something up than you. I don't think that you IC would know this, however your input is needed for my knowledge gathering.

23. - Top - End - #23

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is the reaction to my messengers from the NPC nations?

Also, Cog has been on since I've posted though he hasn't responded, should I give him a nudge?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

nudging never hurts

Gaiad/Dark Storm: arcon dies due to random monster attacks.
    Stone mountain: Atop the mountain beyond a few massive walls that do not impede flight there is a cave, deep below which a stone golem waits with an amulet tied by red string to it's neck.
    Grog: you eventually find a hole in the ground... there be goblins there... the goblins panic at the sight of a celestial.
    If you send one to the halls of Izeldus it vanishes in a thick fog before your connection is cut.
    Last edited by drack; 2012-09-05 at 06:34 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gaiad/Dark Storm: Description of monsters? Anything at all? Was it a random monster that can kill an archon that would be teleporting around and is ordered not to engage in combat, an Archon with 500 HP, at least +33 on spot and listen, DR, SR, AC 30+, with quickened greater teleport SU ability at will, and spell turning, as well as clerical casting of at least 14th level. That got killed randomly by monsters.

Stone mountain: The archon delivers my message and waits for a response.

Grog: Says "I mean you no harm, I bring a message from the leader of another nation, he means peace. May I speak with an authority figure?"

What about the nation of dwarfs that was shady's?

Just now nudged Cog.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

For DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    An arcon wanders your nation asking around for your leader. When he finds you/a mind-linked proxy he delivers the following message:

"I speak for Thallagon Algorthen, the leader of a nation newly arrived here. He wishes to meet with your nation, establish diplomatic relations, learn more of this world, and possibly trade routes"
    OC: Would the Archon be able to fly through my blizzard that's always going, or did it just teleport/the like? Otherwise fine... This the same day that Gwyn is setting up the interrogation/meeting?

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

Gaiad/Dark Storm: well that's what happens in the second and third most dangerous place on the map... Anywho first you sere somehow cut off, dark storm is a raging storm of elementals with no fixed structures... those killed it.

Stone mountain: "Then you have established diplomatic relations. What is it you desire from us?" The amulet eplies.

Grog: the goblins slow at all the bog words before remembering that kill spells have long words at which point they continue to flee underground.

Dwarves: Heavy fortress denies you entry.

Igneel
    Spoiler
    Show

I have been informed greater teleport at will (SU), and the HP to stand a touch of frostbite.

28. - Top - End - #28

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    Igneel
    Spoiler
    Show

I have been informed greater teleport at will (SU), and the HP to stand a touch of frostbite.
    For DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    OC: Just was asking as there is a wind effect for those trying to sail/fly to the iceberg that spans miles away from the origin point. Otherwise there is a 'eye of the storm' that AussirHurthia rests in.

For DM & rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

The Archon comes to the iceberg most noticeably tinted red from the frozen blood that makes up atleast the majority of the surface ice around the populace's buildings. There are a few noticeable buildings, one of which the population of the iceberg seem to be congregating towards in several lines as security detail is checking them before allowing them passage through the wide front doors only to be checked once more again before passing another set of doors.
    Before the Archon can step through a kobold of white scales and clear white dragon descendant comes up to address the Archon and his message.
    "Our leaders are currently busy with other matters that has their hands tied at the moment. Could you wait a few moments as we try to contact either the Mistress of the Ice or the Lord of White Scales?
    If you can wait, I'm going to have to ask you to wait in one of our guest rooms as we are about to hold a service and we don't wish to have your presence disturb the procession. I'd be more then willing to guide you to such a room as to avoid you getting attacked by the security detail."
    Last edited by Igneel; 2012-09-05 at 05:05 PM.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Igneel
    Spoiler
    Show

rweird is mindlinked/controlling it, so that's probably for him.

30. - Top - End - #30

BlackDragon

Editted, and that's what you get when a lesser minion answers