New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [PTA] Pokemon Tabletop Adventure, The Shards of Arceus IC

Razel had been in a daze, not talking and not really listening to what was said around him. "Ugh, I don't feel so good all of a sudden..." Razel says to himself, as he brings a hand up to feel his feverish brow. "I need to put less pepper and spices into the breakfasts I make, before I kill myself from a spice overdose." Razel dryly comments as he takes the hand away from his forehead, and only then notices where he was at.

"Oh, battle time? Well, at least I somehow got here..." Razel mumbles as he grabs Rune's pokeball from his belt, causally throwing it up into the air and watches as it lands upon the field, before cracking open and spitting a red laser out of it's spherical body. As the laser hits the field, a Aron forms in the center of it, which gives out a metal screech as it stretches from being in the pokeball for too long. "All right Rune, looks like it is showtime!" Razel remarks as he turns to face the charmander across from him, nodding his head towards the chef, acknowledging his presence on the field.

Edit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Level 5 Aron
    HP: 23
    Stats
    Attack: 10
    Defense: 11
    Sp. Attack: 2
    Sp. Defense: 5
    Speed: 3
    Last edited by WarGruntw; 2012-09-11 at 09:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

*round 2: Octavius vs Oddish*

The masked figure winces at the hit, "come on oddy, you can do it"
    After being hit the oddish flails its leaves around wildly attempting to grab octavius but misses.

*Round 2: Pichu vs Tinder*

As Tinder slams into the pichu, you see it's eyes go wide briefly before it falls to the ground, and the referee raises his flag and declares Isaac the winner of the battle.
    The croud roars and as Damian picks the pichu up and returns it to its pokeball.

He walks up to you slowly and offers his hand for you to shake. "Nice job, that was a really good match"

*Round 1: Fox vs Shroomish*

As fox dashes past the shroomish Acre laughs a bit, "that all you got? Pod, show her how it's done!"

The shroomish lunges forward quickly at Fox and deals 14 damage before defense.

*Round 1: Charmander vs Rune*

Chef Lamau tuts briefly "I hope you didn't overcook that breakfast, it might break your concentration. Oven, it's time to turn up the heat"

The little charmander growls at Rune who seams to take a step back from the fierce noise. (Lower attack 1 stage)
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    woohoo! the game lives!

Not one to question good fortune, Donavon will encourage his piplup. "Octavius, take advantage of this break! Pound it out!"

Octavius will pound it again.

ac 2 - (d20)[19]
    physical normal - (d12+9)[19]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

'Oh, come now. You bore me. This is supposed to be a show.' She pushes up her glasses. 'A bug catcher would be more of a threat than you. Fox, have at them!' Fox charges in again.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[13], 3+DEF
    (1d12+16)[19], normal type physical
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

'Thank you sir!'

Isaac beams as he shakes Damian's hand.

'It's all thanks to this little powerhouse. Still got some things to work on though...'

Isaac looks a little distracted.

'I hope the little Pichu's Ok'.

Isaac picks up Tinder, and gives her a hug.

'Well done, but you were supposed to eat the berry after you got hit! Don't worry me next time like that'.

Isaac takes looks around at the other battles.

Hmm...looks like we're finished first...wait is that an Oddish fighting that Piplup? Type advantages are one thing in the wilds, but it's cheap in a trainer battle.

Isaac gets out his Pokedex to scan Octavius' competitor.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Tsk....right, use mud slap Rune! Lets end this fight before it even begins!" Razel calls out to Rune, who hits the ground and summons up a large pile of mud that is thrown at the Charmander.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mud slap [roll]1d6+3[/roll] Ranged, Ground, Special attack

Its been awhile since I last rolled, so I may mess up.
    Last edited by WarGruntw; 2012-09-23 at 08:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

ElfWarriorGuy

*Round 3: Octavious vs Oddish*

As Octavious pounds into the Oddish it goes flying backwards before falling to a slump on the ground in front of his trainer.

*Round 2: Fox vs Shroomish*

Acre lets out a scream briefly before shouting out "Keep on her, break that plush toy of hers!"
    The shroomish quickly bounces back from the hit and rams into fox again.

Fox is hit for 10 damage before defense.

*Round 2: Charmander vs Rune*

As the mud flies into the Charmanders eyes, it quickly brushes it out.
    "NOW oven, scratch it up!"
    The charmander lunges at Rune claws beared and scratches it for 19 damage before defense and type.

Isaac:
    "Nah Chu should be okay, he's can take suprisingly a few more hits than most would expect" He laughs a bit when you teach Tinder when to use a berry "Don't go too hard on her, it was her first battle, or at least close to it... Once your friends are done we should be able to get on with the ceremony.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-09-26 at 01:22 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"Excellent job, Octavius!" Donavon shouts.

He crosses the arena to shake the strangers hand. "That was an awesome battle, sir. I feel that if your oddish hadn't missed that last attack, the battle would have been very different."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

9. - Top - End - #69

ElfWarriorGuy

Donavon:
    The man in black recalls oddish as the crowd cheers again. As you approach he romoves his mask revealing himself to be none other than... PROFESSOR OAK!

"You did a nice job Donavon, sorry about the type advantage, I knew you could do it." He heartily shakes your hand "There is no point worrying about the past now, you one, I lost, it was a greath match"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Caught completely by surprise at this, Donavon just stands there speechless for a moment.

"Um... yes, sir. I thought it very fair to choose an oddish like that. When I head out into the wilderness, there's nothing saying that the wild pokemon will be gracious enough to only use things that Octavius is strong against. Besides, I shouldn't expect other trainers to do anything else. Of course, it goes both ways. Soon as I catch myself another partner, my opponents will have to watch out for the same thing."

Spoiler
    Show
    so, what's the xp drop for the fight?

11. - Top - End - #71

ElfWarriorGuy

Donavon:
    Professor Oak smiles as you talk and waits for you to finish, before he begins speaking. "Well, you certainly raised Octavious well, I think you'll be safe with him at your side... once your friends are finished we can get on with things"

Got your xp here: 180xp for the victors!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"Indeed we can. I hope they do as well as I did."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

'Oh, shut up and just lose. Fox, kick him in the fungus.' The little tiny Eevee once again throws itself headlong at the Shroom.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fox:12/26hp

(1d20)[16], 3+def
    (2d8+14)[22]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm glad the Pichu's OK. Great mon, wish I could find one of my own someday.

Somewhat chastened, Isaac lifts Tinder so he can look her in the eye.

'Hey, I didn't mean to sound harsh, I only say it because I care. Well done! Our first win!'

Isaac holds Tinder up so that she can enjoy the crowd's applause.

Then Isaac looks over back at Razel's battle, scanning Razel's opponent.

Come on, Razel! You can do it!
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Right, Rune, use tackle and lets end this! Make sure that we are not the only ones to lose!" Razel calls out to his pokemon, that then sets off in a full body charge towards the opposing Charmander.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[19] AC 3
    (2d8+6)[15]
    I hope this roll works. Took me like five posts last time to actually manage to get the right roll.

16. - Top - End - #76

ElfWarriorGuy

*Round 3: Fox vs Shroomish*

As fox makes contact the shroomish is sent barroling backwards into the beam of light that returns it to it's pokeball, Acre looks at you menacingly before storming off out of the arena, accompanied by the crowds cheers.

(that's 180 for you as well)

*Round 3: Charmander vs Rune*

The charmander falls back before using its tail to propel itself forward at rune scratching it with its claws. "Keep it up Oven!"

Charmander hits for 16 damage before type and defenses.

All who have won: You notice Proffessor Oak wave you all over to come closer to Razel's court to cheer him on and to talk.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Donavon, seeing as he is already in handshake distance, does not get any closer for fear of being rude.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

'Ah, the so called "Professor" Oak?' says Leena as she approaches. 'I'm a fan of your early work, though I find your recent findings little more than drivel.' Still, he was her old idol, and his work on the first pokedex was what encouraged Leena to find the truth about the so-called '150' pokemon, so she raised her camera and snapped a picture of the famous Professor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Leena uses Snapshot on Oak

(1d20+4)[17], Multiply the result by 20. This is the value of the photo. I may choose to sell this photograph anywhere.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

At first, Donavon was rather excited to see that Leena was going to be standing right next to him. "Now is the time to say something cool and clever, really show her how cool you are!" The optimistic side of his brain said.

Unfortunately, while he was still trying to figure out what would qualify as "cool" to her, she opened her mouth and insulted Professor Oak! "You can't just sit back and let her say something like that to him! He's a respected and accomplished researcher!" The rational part of his brain screamed at him. "If I humiliate and contradict her now in front of everyone, she'll never go out with me." Came the lustful side's retort. "Let's see how Professor Oak takes it before we react. If he defends himself and puts her in her place, you don't have to worry about the professor being insulted and you don't have to worry about losing the chance to ask her out." the rationalizing part of his brain said. Ultimately, it won by default, as Donavon stood there frozen, unsure of what to do or how to react.

"Um..." is all that came out.

20. - Top - End - #80

ElfWarriorGuy

The professor gives a bit of a laugh at Leena's comment before offering his hand. "If I had known you were going to take my picture, I would have combed my hair. Yes I am Professor Oak, and it's nice to meet you Leena. But if my recent work is such Drivel, then perhaps you can tell me about the Larvatair-Tyranitar line? Don't worry I'll give you until we are finished here to think about it" He looks down to Donavon in his almost speechless state,"I assume you have already met Donavon around, but I will say he has been a great help with some of my studies earlier in the year"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Leena shakes his hand. 'Ahh, the Tyranitar line. Strange that the names of the line imply a relationship to bugs, yet none of the supposed members are bug types. That and it's rarity, and being limited to a place forbidden to most trainers, makes me doubt such a pokemon even exists. For all we know, it's a fabrication of some Johtan researcher wanting to make a name for himself. It's not like anyone could go to Mount Silver to verify it now. Until I can find and verify one for myself, I'm highly suspicious of it's existence.'

When he introduces Donavon Leena leans in uncomfortable close to him and adjusts her glasses. She never was the type to pay attention to people's personal space. 'Hmm, the name is familiar, but I can't place the face. I apologize if we have already met, I'm not one for remembering faces.'

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac's already wrapped up in Razel's fight, cheering on his friend. Tinder has crawled onto his head, and fallen asleep - taking a little nap after her fight.

Well, with a Steel-type it's not surprising that he's the last to finish...they play well for long, defensive battles. With a fragile hard-hitter like Tinder, the battle will always be over quickly, one way or another

As he's watching Isaac's distracted by Leena's loud introduction.

This is the famous Professor Oak. Wow! Ok, just stay cool...

Isaac watches as Leena takes the Professor's photograph, and chats with the Professor.

Huh, she stays in character, even outside the column. I wouldn't have the nerve to introduce myself to the Professor, much less do some improv with him.

Isaac sidles next to Donovan, not wanting to interrupt Leena or the Professor.

'Hi again. I liked your style - taking out an Oddish against the type advantage - what a way to finish. It must be awesome to win your first fight in such style, and against a luminary like Professor Oak too.'

Isaac turns back to the field.

'So what do you think of his chances? Personally, I think Razel's got this. If the Fire-type was going to finish it, it would have finished it quick'.

Razel scans the Charmander.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

At last with some traction, he says, "Thank you for saying so professor. I've just done what I can."

As one of his companions speaks to him, he answers. "Yeah, it was really neat to be able to battle Professor Oak today. I'm glad to see that his oddish is doing well. It had just hatched when I saw it last and it was looking a little sickly. Still, seems to have gotten pretty healthy now. I can't take too much credit for style in that fight. I got lucky, and that was it. If the oddish had connected with that one hit, Octavius would be out cold and the oddish barely even injured if at all."
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-29 at 10:39 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Rune, let us finish this match soon, shall we? The others are waiting on us, and it is rude to keep stalling them, eh. Now, Tackle again, and let us end this!"Razel yells at Rune, who replies with a loud "Roonnn~" before charging at the charmander, going into a full body tackle.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[5] AC 2
    (2d8+6)[20] Normal, Attack
    Rune's HP: 20/23
    Rune's Attack stat: 10

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

'Wow, you know the Professor? And you've worked with him before? Very impressive.

Do you have any plans for after graduation?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I've spent a couple of summers at his house helping him out. He's very wise and there's little known about pokemon that he doesn't know.

After graduation? I'd like to go on a journey, see the world. See if I can catch sight of one of those legendary birds I've heard of in Kanto.
    "

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

'Interesting. I've been thinking about taking a year to try and challenge the league - see if I have what it takes to make it as a full time trainer. Travelling can be dangerous though, so I'd like to get a group together. I was planning on suggesting it to Razel. I don't know what he'll think, but would you be interested?'

Capture one of the legendary birds?! I thought that I had a tough dream. What would you even do with it if you caught it? Still, better to have someone ambitious. Someone who understands what it is to dream. Besides, he's a friend of Razel, and I like how he battled against type like that.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"Sure. Traveling the league circuit takes one all over a region. Sounds like a good way to experience a lot of the world."

29. - Top - End - #89

ElfWarriorGuy

*Round 4: Charmander vs Rune*

As Rune makes contact at a speed almost unusual for most Aron, and the flame from the Charmanders tail envelopes it in a birst of light, before dying down to a trickle on the tip of it's tail.

Chef Lamau quickly runs up to the charmander and applies a potion, and a berry, returning the charmander. He walks up to you and offers his hand, "It looks like we got burnt in this one, but like the younger students souffle, we went out with a bang" The crowd continues to cheer for a while before the loudspeaker booms across the stadium.

(180 xp)

Leena, Donavon, Isaac:
    While the battle is still going on Professor Oak looks to Donavon and Isaac "Don't be modest Donavon, while Oddy was a little sickly at birth, you can tell he got better quickly. As the Aron picks up speed and it begins to rush the charmander He looks more at you Isaac "You have a pretty good eye, good call on the fire types though, not always true in the case of Magmortar, and Magmar depending on how they are raised, but a good generalisation, especially for lower evolved forms."

If the professor was going to continue he lost his chance as Rune rammed the charmander and the croud goes wild, you notice he puts a finger in his ear in an attempt to stop some of the noise.

ALL:
    WE HAVE FOUR WINS ACROSS THE BOARD, DONAVON STONE, LEENA BROWN, RAZEL TICAR, ISAAC HILL ARE TODAYS VICTORS. ALL AUDIENCE MEMBERS PLEASE LEAVE THE ARENA, THE VICTORS MAY COME TO THE VICTORY BOX, TO CLAIM THEIR PRIZE

The victory box is up the stairs to the west of the arena, the remaining of your opponents start walking up ushering you along. As Leena catches up with the professor he starts"I have never heard that before, nor have I even seen any of the Tyranitar myself, I may have to look into that, as it wouldn't be the first case of pokemon fraud there has been"

**Unless you all want to continue conversation, we can just skip to the victory box**

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Donavon will head to the victory box to see what the prize is.