New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [PTA] Pokemon Tabletop Adventure, The Shards of Arceus IC

Donavon will let out Octavius and let him enjoy the ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

The boat is large, large enough to have three levels of cabins and a pool. There are a few trainers training in the pool with their water pokemon, and some battling on the front of the boat.

Oak smiles and laughs before going onto the boat with you all. "Oak island is the last stop, so we have the rest of the day to relax... and take in what you've just learnt, there is a centre on board, and likely a few trainers as well if that's what you'd like to do, I'll retire to my room for now, if you want me I'm in cabin 110"

*You are assigned cabins 101,102,103,104, (floor 1, rooms 1,2,3,4).*
    Everyone please roll a 1d100 for something happening, and where you are in the boat. (if you are splitting up)
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Donavon will head to the pool and give Octavius a chance to swim. (d%)[72]
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-17 at 11:37 PM.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac looks enviously at Donovan.

It would be nice to go swimming, but it's a risk of sudden violent death for Tinder.

Then Isaac perks up at the mention of battle.

'Hey, Tinder, let's go and watch the battles! Watch carefully, you'll pick up a lot from watching how other trainers and teams do things. If you're feeling up to it, we might battle ourselves'.

'Cynda quil!'. Tinder seems enthused by the idea too.

'Heh, that's my girl. We'll see if there's anyone suitable'.

Isaac checks out his cabin, and dumps some of his stuff there. (Keeping his Pokeballs, potions and his egg).

Then Isaac walks over to where the trainers are battling, and watches, looking for people who'd make challenging, but fair match-ups.

(1d100)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Leena turns around at Razel's hand touching her. 'Bah! I have a conspiracy to unravel, and you are worried about me being sea sick?' She gives a small chuckle. 'So, you are the worrying type then? Very well, I'll find something else to do.' Leena wanders off to where the fights are happening and starts to scan everyone's battling pokemon. She was still working on her own pokedex while she was helping out Principal Bryce. So observing more pokemon could only help her do that.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel just makes a huffing sound at the description of himself. Was he a worrying type? Maybe, but if one person of the group got sick or injured, then the responsibility would fall unto him to make sure they get better again. And the best way to cure sickness and injury was to prevent them from ever happening in the first place. And out of all the people here, Razel probably knew the most about what could happen on a boat, having spent most of his life sailing on one.

"Well, I thank you for caring about my opinion Miss Leena. Not many people actually noticed me back at the academy, thanks to my strange class schedule and tendency to stick with pokemon more than people." Razel tells her in a light tone as she walks away, before moving up to the front of the boat. "Right, Rune, you best come out and enjoy the ride. I got you a little snack." Razel says as he lets his pokemon out of the pokeball, carefully making sure he did not appear near the edge of the boat. Razel then heads over to Rune, pulling out a empty tin can and hands it to Rune, who starts to happily nibble on it. Looking down at his pokemon with a smile, Razel turns around and walks over to a nearby deck chair, sitting back in it and stretching out his body. "Ah, being on a boat again. How I have missed you...." Razel mumbles to himself, pulling out the egg and placing it on his chest before wrapping his arms around it, letting the two sun bath.

7. - Top - End - #157

ElfWarriorGuy

Donavon,
    Spoiler
    Show
    While at the back of the boat, letting Octavius swim, a bird-like pokemon divebombs him, before landing on the edge of the boat and cawing in what you assume is mocking laughter towards Octavious. Before flying up a little, then returning to it's purch and mocking tone. A couple trainers look on in surprise, but leave it to you to handle, it is your pokemon to take care of after all

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head] - | A | B | C | D | E | F
    1 | W | W | W | | |
    2 | W | W | W | | |
    3 | W | W | W | | |
    4 | W | W | O | | | S
    5 | | | D | | |[/table]
    Blue "W" is water, goes 3m down.
    You can be any place outside of the Water.
    Octavius can be anywher inside the pool.

Octavius is up first, as the bird is content to sit and laugh at him for now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    On the front of the boat:
    in the most popular battle there is a trainer with a pokemon that looks a lot like Tinder, only with a longer body, battling a small yellow pokemon with long ears, it looks like the yellow pokemon would take out with an electric attack before it is taken out with a strike that was almost too fast for the eye to see.
    Everyone claps, before dispersing as the trainers return their pokemon and shake hands.

Isaac,
    Spoiler
    Show

There are a few trainers that look like they might be either new, or have a fair matchup against you. A boy with a purple rat wearing has baseball cap backwards appraches you and challenges you, almost decreeing that you can't defeat his rattata.

Leena,
    Spoiler
    Show

As you look around you manage to get a few scans in. Pikachu or Quilava, Rattata, Charmander, and pidgey. You are hit in the side by something wet, it doesn't hurt so much as it is a bother, as you look at what hit you, you can see a magikarp flopping around, almost agressively, if that's even possible at you.

Razel,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rune, quite seems to enjoy his little snack. There are trainers around most of them look a bit tough, some other trainers around include one with a small red lizard with fire on the end of it's tail, and a girl with a bird pirched on her shoulder. You notice Isaac get challenged to a battle by a kid and his purple rat, you heard the word "rattata" so that might be it. As well as Leena get hit in the side by an agressively flopping red fish.

Razel & Isaac, you can scan either the yellow pokemon, or the flaming not-cyndaquil, but not both.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-10-19 at 01:19 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac scans the yellow pokemon, and almost doesn't notice his challenger.

A challenge? This must be answered.

Isaac grins broadly.

'Well, Rattata are pretty awesome. My Pokemon's already battled today but I think - '

Tinder's jumps out of the rucksack and climbs down Isaac to the deck.

' - yeah, she's definitely up for a battle. What's say we make this interesting? I'll wager 1 new pokeball against 200 poke. Sound good?'

Isaac draws an empty Pokeball from his backpack.

'Items allowed? I'm easy either way'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Donavon will start off the fight by scanning the thing and throwing a quick ball with a bit of a curve to it.

Spoiler
    Show
    using curve ball to deal 3 damage before the capture roll.
    capture - (d%-21)[-1]

If that fails, Ocatvius will climb out and pound the little snot.

Spoiler
    Show
    ac 2 - (d20)[1]
    physical normal - (1d12+9)[21]
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-19 at 08:28 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel sees the two pokemon fighting each other with interest, seeing the similarities between the fire pokemon and Issac's pokemon. "Well, maybe just a quick scan, just to show Issac when I see him again..." Razel whispers to the egg on his chest, before unwrapping a arm and bringing it down to fish in his pocket for his pokedex. He takes the dex out of the pocket and quickly scans the pokemon before hearing a wet thump on the deck of the ship. "Eh?!" Razel starts, swiftly turning to the source of the sound, spotting Leena and her assailant before stuffing his dex back into his pocket and rising from the chair. "Rune, let us go see what the problem is, shall we?" Razel tells his pokemon as he walks over to Leena, egg against his chest.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Leena stumbles she she got knocked about. She looks at her assailant.

'Now now, that is no way to behave. If you want to ride the boat, you shall obey the helpful advice I received from Razel and not cause a fuss. Now behave or I shall report you to the captain and have you ejected from the boat.' She gives the Magikarp such a finger wagging ....
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

'Ah, my apologies'. says Isaac.

'I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Isaac Hill, of Goldenrod'.

Isaac sticks out his hand.

'And this is Tinder, my Cyndaquil'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

13. - Top - End - #163

ElfWarriorGuy

Isaac,
    Pikachu, the electric mouse pokemon, pops up on your 'dex.

"Deal" the boy then looks thoughtful for a moment, "Berries only, no items mid battle though, deal?" As he walks away as an afterthought he turns back to you. "Names Joey by the way, and I should warn you, there is something special about my rattata, just to be fair, you can go first"
    [/SPOILER]
    {table=head]| A | B | C | D | E | F | G
    1 | | | |R| | |
    2 | | | | | | |
    3 | | | | | | |
    4 | | | | | | |
    5 | | | | | | |
    6 | | | | | | |
    7 |O|O|O|O|O|O|O[/table]
    R= Rattata

You can release Tinder in any box marked with an O, tinder is up first[/SPOILER]

Donavon,
    Spoiler
    Show
    So much for the map

The ball quickly connects with the bird, and before it can stop laughing or the Pokedex can identify, it is sucked into the ball. The ball rolls on the grould a bit before a click, and it lies waiting at your feet. With the successful capture, the starly entry pops up in your pokedex.

Spoiler
    Show

Starly lvl 4, Female
    Normal, Flying
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Keen Eye

Stats:
    HP: 4
    Attack: 6
    Defense: 5
    Special Attack: 1
    Special Defense: 3
    Speed: 6
    (Nature accounted for, not levels)

Knows: Tackle and Growl

Leena,
    The magikarp stops briefly, before continuing to splash, moving towards you as it does so... it doesn't seem to realise it's fruitless efforts.

Razel,
    The flaming pokemon turns out to be a Quilava, the evolved form of Cyndaquil.

You see the red fish, flopping about on deck towards Leena, however slowly, as she waves her finger at it, and tells it to behave.

Spoiler
    Show
    *Give me a wisdom roll for memory*
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-10-19 at 07:02 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

ElfWarriorGuy

Razel,
    Spoiler
    Show
    You remember from your time around the islands on boats, this fish is likely the magikarp the sailors dubbed "Jack". They say it's because he comes close up to shore, but most trainers don't even pay him any mind, or attempt to capture him, so he gets all riled up and tries to start a fight with the odd one, it usually ends in him being thrown overboard though.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

'Nice to meet you Joey. Does your friend have a name?'

Something special about this Ratatta? Hmm.

Isaac releases Tinder at D7.

'Forward and tackle Tinder'.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tinder shifts to D2 and uses a tackle attack!
    Accuracy (Base 3) (1d20)[11]
    Damage (2d8+13)[25]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel walks forward, approaching Leena before saying "Ah, looks like ole Jack showed up, eh? Sorry if he caused you any trouble Leena, he gets angered by the fact people ignore him a lot. At least that is what I heard from the sailors. Poor fellow, he is probably just lonely..." before looking down at the Magikarp, a sad glint in his eye. Sighing, Razel reaches down a picks Jack up by the body with one hand, before heading back over to the cabin to get a large bucket of water. "Well, rest here till we decide what to do with you, Jack." Razel tells the magikarp as he puts the pokemon in the bucket.

"Miss Leena, mind if I take the privilege of catching Jack off your hands? Seems a tad bit wrong for a pokemon to be ignored. You are special, aren't ya Jack?" Razel asks, before bending down to pet the magikarp on its spine to help it calm down. His parental instincts towards pokemon had kicked up again, and really could not help himself.

17. - Top - End - #167

ElfWarriorGuy

Isaac,
    The boy looks at you as the battle begins, "It's the only one deserving of being called a real rattata, it's in the top percentage of all..." His speech is cut short, as Tinder slams into the rat, and sends it flying, the rat can barely stand. So Joey returns it admitting defeat. "That was a good hit, so I'll let you off easy this time, but next time, don't expect me to go so easy on ya'... wanna trade phone numbers, I plan to travel around a bit, maybe we can get another battle in sometime?" It's almost as if he believes that he was going easy on you, and he had the upper hand the entire time... but that's not possible is it?

Spoiler
    Show
    100xp to Tinder

Razel,
    Jack seems surprised when you pick him up, and he does struggle, thinking you are taking him to the side of the boat, but he sort of stops and waits when he realises your not. He genuinely looks happy, he sits there and stares at you, the first person to actually care... if fish could cry.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

'It does not matter if he is ignored or what, he should follow proper etiquette. Bashing into a lady is not a nice way to get someone's attention.' Leena gives him another finger wagging. 'Razel is a man of the sea, yet he and his friends are courteous and polite. You better follow his example and grow up proper, or we shall be having this conversation again.' She gives Jack a quick pet to show the lecture was over.

19. - Top - End - #169

ElfWarriorGuy

Leena & Razel,
    Jack truly does look a little confused, and ashamed as Leena finishes her lecture, but happy again when she gives him a pat, he also nods to signify him understanding and a loud "KARP" to show how much he likes the attention.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd best be careful. Rattata has tremendous potential.

Isaac smiles, and moves to shake the other trainer's hand.

'I'd like that Joey. Unlucky hit I guess. Here's my phone number'.

Isaac reaches down and picks up Tinder, and gives her a hug.

'You were great. That's the way to handle a slugfest - hit 'em hard off the mark with total commitment'.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tinder Levels to 7. By the way, does the kid pay Isaac the agreed wager?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

21. - Top - End - #171

ElfWarriorGuy

Isaac,
    The kid hands over the agreed upon amount, before going down to the ships pokemon centre to get his pokemon healed up.

You do notice Leena and Razel around a bucket off to the side though.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright! Looks like we eat tonight! I should never have blown all my poke on that novelty berry.

Isaac wanders over to Leena and Razel.

'Hi guys, what have you got there?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel smiles at the Magikarp, Rune walking over to peer in the bucket at the pokemon. "Well Rune, looks like we have a new friend. Jack, if you want, you are welcome to join us on our adventure." Razel tells the pokemon around him with a warm smile on his face, before taking out a pokeball with his free hand and presenting it to Jack. "And thanks for the compliments, Miss Leena. I try to act my best when I see a friend, and my parents have always taught me to be kind to a lady. And, ah, I would just like to point out that Jack here may be female also..."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac scans the contents of the bucket.

'Ah, Magikarp. Lucky. Did one of you guys catch it?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Donavon will pick up the ball and grin. His first catch, and it was flawless, too! Just how he'd always envisioned it. He'll call out Cassiopia and have her and Octavius play together in the pool.

26. - Top - End - #176

ElfWarriorGuy

Magikarp group,
    The magikarp, jumps out of the bucket, landing into the pokeball with enough force to make you drop it, then with a satisfying click, Jack joins Razel's team.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magikarp "jack" , lvl 4, Male
    Nature: Proud
    Ability: Simple

HP: 3
    Atk: 1
    Def: 6
    Sp. Atk: 1
    SP. Def: 2
    SPeed: 8
    (nature accounted for)

Moves: Splash

Donavon,
    Releasing the Starly it's clear that it wasn't expecting to be caught mid-taunt, looking around briefly, before flying up and landing on the pokeball you caught it in, it looks at you a little confused, before landing on Octavious' head. It still seems to be making fun of him, but not openly laughing like before.

You get a few approving nods from the other people on the boat. And without the distraction you now manage to scan a staryu, and a poochyana.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-10-20 at 08:43 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac nods approvingly.

'Nice catch Raz. That's the best way to do it - make a friend, rather than drag some poor mon kicking and screaming into a ball.

Unless of course you're out in the wilderness and you have to use a ball to defend yourself'.

Huh, I can't wait to catch one myself. Still Tinder's doing great, and I've got a egg hatching soon...there's no hurry.

Isaac remembers his parents' advice, catch few, and train them properly, like a responsible trainer. Still, Isaac's earliest memories are of a house full of Pokemon, and it always seemed sad, the way he never got to grow up with any of them...well except Growli...

'You guys should try out the battling on deck. I've just had a go and won my second battle! It's a great way to meet people. I wouldn't mind having another go myself, but I'm a little worried about pushing Tinder too hard - she's still young, and it's been a pretty eventful day for her'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel reaches down and picks up the pokeball, nodding to Rune before saying out loud "Thanks Issac. This is Jack, the newest edition to my team. And I might go for a quick battle or two. Rune did not get that hurt last fight, and it will need to work off the excess energy from the snack in a bit. And Jack might want to see what a pokemon battle is like." as he gets up and looks around the deck, looking for a trainer that might want to battle him.

Suddenly remembering what had brought him over here in the first place, Razel turns towards Leena with a worried expression before asking "Jack did not hurt you, did he? I was worried before, but now that he is my pokemon, I need to take responsibility for his actions. I am sure that he is sorry himself, especially after your little lecture heh, but I would like to extend my apologies as well." as he bows his head down infront of her, a red glow spreading across his face. In truth, Razel was embarrassed from forgetting about Leena's well being from the start, as soon as he saw Jack.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Donavon asks if anyone would like to have a 2 pokemon battle.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

'Did either of you see if there was a health spa or something aboard ship? I'd like to get Tinder a massage after the battling she's done today'.

I hope we have enough money...
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters: