New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Team Rocket: How the Muk are They Still Alive?

Spoiler
    Show
    We're on our third thread! Yeah! Best PTTA Game to get a third thread! We rock!

Thread Two.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Artemis resists the urge to kick the Petilil out of reflex. Hated them in Pinwheel Forest. They just watched you. Constantly. Same with the Pansage. One falling out of a tree would be funny.

She pulls out an Antidote and uses it on the Bayleef. "I'll be right back." She picks up the Grass type and carries it to the crate of potions and carefully applies them to the mon. She felt bad for it. Didn't do anything wrong, just had a trainer that clearly didn't know what they were doing. She's surprisingly gentle with the Bayleef, and leaves it's head resting in her lap until it comes to.
    The Bayleef's breathing regulates upon having the Antidote applied. The potions help, the spray causing tiny vines to shoot over the skin, patching it up before your eyes.

It takes a little over eight minutes before it finally comes to. It is dazed at first before leaping to its feet, looking at you cautiously, leaf spinning slowly above its head.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Meanwhile, Gerald begins the process over at MC2, after grabbing another 10 fresh waters and antidotes to take care of whatever he finds there in addition to the potions.
    You find only a few people that are alive but manage to patch them up fairly easily, all things considered. The only Pokemon here are dead; only one body is clear enough for a scan. A Larvitar, surrounded in the bodies of mangled Skorupi.

As you go inside the cart, you can hear whimpering in the back. A crate marked "Para-Amarid." A few more Potion crates, a box that may be Vitamins, although it is made of metal and has a padlock on it. A quick search doesn't find you any especially useful Pokemon; most are dead outside, although you do find a filled Pokeball.

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Romeo struggles to contain himself when he sees the Vulpix. Sure, Vulpix were naturally gorgeous creatures, making them valued by Breeders, but this one was beautiful. More of a contest pokemon than a battler.

'Jessica, did you get a sense of whether we can convince these pokemon to help us avenge their trainers if the Skorupi come back? The Zangoose, Machop and Vulpix could be helpful. But we can't go letting them out if they'll just attack us.'
    "I can try," Jessica says as she wraps a bandage around a cut. "Autumn's didn't seem very hostile, although that Zangoose may be tough."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Team Rocket: How the Muk are They Still Alive?

Gerald's brow raises at the larvitar. Damn someone was rich...
    "Skorupi are gone now! Safe to come out. Well, certain in one minute."
    Curious, he applies fresh waters to the living before sending the mon out directly outside the cart.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

'Thanks Jessica.' Romeo leans over and helps her with her bandage, before rolling off to see if anyone else needed treatment. 'Mark, any carts yet to be checked for survivors or wounded?'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica, could you come over here? Her Bayleef is a bit nervous around me. While she waits for Jessica to come over, Artemis tries to send it an image of her taking care of the Bayleef and the condition she found it it. If you can understand me, I'm only trying to take care of you.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paul pockets the suspect balls for now and goes to help load out the gear onto the remaining wagons, with Willy and Zippo remaining out and prepared in case the Steelrupi return.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Gerald's brow raises at the larvitar. Damn someone was rich...
    "Skorupi are gone now! Safe to come out. Well, certain in one minute."
    Curious, he applies fresh waters to the living before sending the mon out directly outside the cart.
    You hear somebody crawling out of the wagon which distracts you from the 'mon being released.

"Hello?" the kid from earlier says, looking badly shaken up. "Gerald!" he shouts, running and grabbing you, sobbing all over your leg.

Your 'dex beeps, done scanning the Pokemon. A Pokemon forged deep underground in the mantle. A Pokemon with a hide as strong as steel. A Pokemon with a core stronger than steel.

A Roggenrola. According to your Pokedex, it's pretty bad ass.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roggenrola, Lazy. Sturdy. Level 16. Male.

'Thanks Jessica.' Romeo leans over and helps her with her bandage, before rolling off to see if anyone else needed treatment. 'Mark, any carts yet to be checked for survivors or wounded?'
    "Don't think so. Your friend went up front, he should be back soon."

"Thanks," Jessica says with a shy smile. She stands up as Artemis calls. "I- I have to help your friend."

Jessica, could you come over here? Her Bayleef is a bit nervous around me. While she waits for Jessica to come over, Artemis tries to send it an image of her taking care of the Bayleef and the condition she found it it. If you can understand me, I'm only trying to take care of you.
    The Bayleef stops twirling the leaf as Jessica gets nearer, but it still eyes you cautiously.

"It's just nervous, that's all. Last thing it knew it was almost dead from that Drapion, then wakes up with you right here. It's scared."

The Bayleef seems to nod in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul pockets the suspect balls for now and goes to help load out the gear onto the remaining wagons, with Willy and Zippo remaining out and prepared in case the Steelrupi return.
    Willy stands ready, almost jumping with excitement. While Zippo doesn't seem to be doing anything, every so often you feel the air around your copious ass heat up. When you turn to Zippo it's instantly gone. While it doesn't hurt, you kind of have a waterfall going back there.

Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Tik!"
    Sparky waves her front legs in joy before hopping onto the kid's head, giving him a hug. The kid survived initial contact!
    "You and your parents alright, John?"
    Joe gives a gurgling greeting as well, before waving a fin at the roggenrola.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis slowly approaches the Bayleef. "We were fighting some of those things. Jessica was too, with your trainer before she died." She motions to the Empath. "I was the one who was reviving you." She holds up the empty antidote and several potion bottles before putting them away again, and trying to pet the Bayleef.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-08-05 at 12:11 AM.

Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

'Mark, you said you could sell us stones cheap? How much for a thunder or fire stone?'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"Tik!"
    Sparky waves her front legs in joy before hopping onto the kid's head, giving him a hug. The kid survived initial contact!
    "You and your parents alright, John?"
    Joe gives a gurgling greeting as well, before waving a fin at the roggenrola.
    At mention of his parents John just sobs harder.

Artemis slowly approaches the Bayleef. "We were fighting some of those things. Jessica was too, with your trainer before she died." She motions to the Empath. "I was the one who was reviving you." She holds up the empty antidote and several potion bottles before putting them away again, and trying to pet the Bayleef.
    The Bayleef steps forward, still eyeing you warily. It sniffs the potions and Antidote, then looks at you for a long second before nuzzling your leg.

'Mark, you said you could sell us stones cheap? How much for a thunder or fire stone?'
    Mark thinks for a second. "Won't lose any money if I sell them half price. ^1,500 fair? That's as low as I can go at the moment."

Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Paul taps in to Zippo's mind.

Cheeky bugger. Pun intended. I suppose I need to get to know you better, little one. I am Paul, the person you are currently giving swamp-butt. What are your thoughts of the world during your whole two days or so of life?

He also approaches Mark after hearing of the cost.

I'll take a Leaf Stone, then, assuming those are on the table as well.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"There we go." She keeps petting the Bayleef. "Without your trainer I think you're coming with me. Would survive a lot lover than if we let you run wild here." She keeps petting the Bayleef for about a minute before recalling it. Then she thinks better of it and let's it back out. "I don't know what it's like in a ball, but I have a feeling it is more enjoyable out here. Marginally." She goes to find Gerald, the Bayleef by her. "How's your Growlithe holding up after the fight?"

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

'I've only got 1400, but I could throw in a pokeball for you to cover the loss. I'm wanting one as a back-up incase we really need the extra muscle for what's coming up next. We both know those Skorupi will be back.'

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[23]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Oh."
    Aw judge, what was Arte's advice again? Not violence, not shove off...

He looks to Sparky, who's begun cooing softly and patting the kid's head.
    Oh yeah...
    He pats the kid's back gently.
    "Sorry, kid. Didn't realize..."
    He looks up as Arte approaches.
    Got Wagner healed up at MC 3 before checking the other two. Think John here just lost his parents, mind checking?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Fine, just don't expect consoling from me. She checks what the kid is thinking about.

Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Have to learn how to do this myself some time...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul taps in to Zippo's mind.

Cheeky bugger. Pun intended. I suppose I need to get to know you better, little one. I am Paul, the person you are currently giving swamp-butt. What are your thoughts of the world during your whole two days or so of life?

He also approaches Mark after hearing of the cost.

I'll take a Leaf Stone, then, assuming those are on the table as well.
    Mark does the trade, handing the Leaf Stone over for the cash.

You get a mental snicker from the Heatmor. It fun. Lots of stuff to do. No like bugs. Bugs are mean and nasty and hurt Zippo. Swamp butt funny. People laugh at Paul with swamp butt.

As he says this, you do notice that Psychic chick, Artemis's friend, not Empath one, the other, laughing at you.

"There we go." She keeps petting the Bayleef. "Without your trainer I think you're coming with me. Would survive a lot lover than if we let you run wild here." She keeps petting the Bayleef for about a minute before recalling it. Then she thinks better of it and let's it back out. "I don't know what it's like in a ball, but I have a feeling it is more enjoyable out here. Marginally." She goes to find Gerald, the Bayleef by her. "How's your Growlithe holding up after the fight?"
    The Bayleef follows. Hesitantly, but it follows. It still seems wary of you.

'I've only got 1400, but I could throw in a pokeball for you to cover the loss. I'm wanting one as a back-up incase we really need the extra muscle for what's coming up next. We both know those Skorupi will be back.'

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I even bother with CHA checks for you?

"Deal," Mark says without even pondering, tossing over the stone upon receiving the cash.

"Oh."
    Aw judge, what was Arte's advice again? Not violence, not shove off...

He looks to Sparky, who's begun cooing softly and patting the kid's head.
    Oh yeah...
    He pats the kid's back gently.
    "Sorry, kid. Didn't realize..."
    He looks up as Arte approaches.
    Got Wagner healed up at MC 3 before checking the other two. Think John here just lost his parents, mind checking?
    The kid doesn't say anything, just sobbing into your pant leg.

Fine, just don't expect consoling from me. She checks what the kid is thinking about.
    You see the kid and his mom in the wagon just before the Skorupi attacked. You see the horde rushing the wagon, a few people trying to fight them off it vain. A Poison Sting flying at the kid, stopped by the mom. The mom, slowly dying from poison, the kid having no choice but to watch.

Show

18. - Top - End - #18

I can't deny the comedy value inherent in a sweaty backside. If that's the game you like to play, I think we'll get along fine. I have a few other people in mind who could use some controlled applications of heat. And we're not too fond of the bugs either.

Paul walks over to the site where his former fan still sits with the hole in his chest, and then sending out the man's Zangoose. He speaks to it immediately in case it starts to attack, and does a quick attempt at Channeling to protect himself and the others, mon and human alike.

(1d100-14)[71]

Hold up, big guy. Your owner, well, I'm sorry, but he didn't make it. Those rotten mecha-bugs took him down..

Here he points to some of the Steelrupi carcasses littering the landscape.

If it makes any difference, he took some of them down himself before it happened. You might have heard him mention me before; I am Paul Ticker, another trainer. I want to try and look after you for a while since he cannot. Let me know what you think of that.

If the forced Channel did not work, he tries again in a gentle fashion, if the mon allows.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis relays the image to Gerald. "Another body. Just Muking great. Want us to bury it or something, or are you going to keep crying? People die. A lot. She died saving you. Now grow the Muk up and start being of some use or her dying will have been useless." Still so terrible with people. Yeah, big Muking deal. He needs something harsh to happen in his life, the spoiled brat.

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan dashes over to Artemis and Gerald. Hey, guys. A word? Ethan motions to a spot far enough away the boy couldn't hear. He grabs both of them by the arms, Artemis with his mechanical hand and grabbing Gerald's normal one.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-08-05 at 01:44 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Cos you know one day, when I need it, I'll roll a 1 on a Charisma check

Romeo pockets the stone. He didn't want to evolve Fairy so soon, but he needed it incase things went south. He let Fairy out and told her his plan, just so she would know in advanced. He promised his little pika that he'd try and not use it yet if he could help it.

He then sends out the Vulpix. 'Hey there beautiful. Jessica told you what happened, right? Would you like to help me avenge your trainer and protect these people she wanted to protect with your fire ability? We need all the help we can get.' He holds out his hand to it.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis only manages a "Wha-" before being pulled off by surprise.

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Huh? You said no consoling, not lashing out, Arte. Could've just said another body and be done. Check on a machop at MC1, see if it was up and has a trainer still."
    He stoops down and pulls the kid back gently, so his hands are resting on the kid's shoulders.
    "However, she's right. We are sorely lacking time. So deep breaths, in, out. Then we teach you how to bury pain."
    Ethan grabs his metal hand then.
    "Can we take this kid to Romeo or someone first? Someone who's...well, good at this?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

In a whisper My thoughts exactly Gerald. Niether of you are the most emotionally stable nor the most consoling and we don't need another bleary eyed brat in our midst at the moment.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Another-hey, why are you both ganging up? John's been nothing but polite since I met him. Even fixed a pokeball on his own."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

"Can we please just toss him in a cart or throw him to the Skorupi when they come back? He and his friend have been worse than useless and running after them is going to get someone killed, and someone babysitting them constantly loses us a guard or other able bodied person." At Gerald's comment, she scoffs. "Fixed a ball. Then proceeds to wander off and get attacked by Skorupi when he wanders off without even thinking."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-08-05 at 02:18 PM.

Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

I'm worried about him and niether of you are the best to handle him right now. Lets just let Jessica or Romeo help him alright?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"He doesn't even have a pokemon, Arte! Of course he didn't do much! And I taught him to hide when things went bad, didn't have time to teach him how to slit a throat!"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan forces himself between his coworkers. Stop. We are all on edge and we don't need to be fighitng amonst ourselves. Artemis go get Jessica. Gerald, keep looting.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"Fine." Artemis walks off to find Jessica, mumbling something about stupid kids not belonging here.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-08-05 at 02:28 PM.

Show