New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default United Lands (IC)

The wooden building creaked and yawned from age. The princes estate had waned, but his thoughts were elsewhere.

"I hope none of you were attacked on the way here, I know there are supporters of the king within a mile of this estate."
    His face was gaunt, and his tired eyes darted around.

"But I'm sure you want to know what I'm requesting of you, so I'll try and keep it swift. My spies have alerted me to the Kings first target, an elven town called Erina.

As such, he has sent a large detachment of soldiers to a nearby outpost were they are readying themselves for combat. I need you to delay or stop the attack, otherwise will may have a real war on our hands."
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: United Lands (IC)

Alth stands in the corner eyes darting around looking at every shadow nodding slowly.

Do we know when they are planning the attack?

3. - Top - End - #3

"They hope to strike at dusk three weeks from now."
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Solion nodded, and looked around the room, then straight at the prince. "...I am ready... to serve...again..." It is clear that he is struggling to speak in this form - one of the disadvantages of being returned to health with such an unwieldy contraption.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Nulys Amahar Bladeshatter stands across the table from the prince. Unbound golden hair frames her smooth, elven face. Dressed in a simple white robe, Nulys remains calm and serious despite the revelation that war could be less than a month away. "Erina? Three weeks is a very short time to act - we must be swift."

The ancient elf thinks about the town of Erina and why it might be chosen as a target.
    Spoiler
    Show
    knowledge local (1d20+7)[20]
    Knowledge nobility (1d20+7)[8]
    As a cloistered cleric, I also have bardic knack, if it comes up
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Alth slowly walks to another corner eyes never leaving any person for more then a second. "Do we know if they have any students of the divine or magical arts with them?"

7. - Top - End - #7

"Each side has a small portion of spellcasters, though the elves seem to possess more priests."

Bladeshatter Knowledge
    Spoiler
    Show
    Erina isn't a very significant town, lacking in many resources. It doesn't have nearby mines, and is mainly focused towards farming.

It does possess a decent milita, because of nearby monster attacks which occur at least once per year. This milita is currently supplemented by a garrison of elven soldiers.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Alth smirks slightly. "When do we leave?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

"Erina is of little strategic importance. I cannot fathom why the King would choose such a location to start a war, but I will do everything in my power to prevent hostilities. Is there anything else your spies have discovered that we should know before we embark?" Nulys muses thoughtfully, folding her arms into the sleeves of her robe.

10. - Top - End - #10

Luci Talbot

A spry changeling woman stood before an elaborate mirror hanging on the wall. As she listened to the others, she absentmindedly shuffled her skin color from its natural smooth gray to an olive hue, pale white, a ruddy pink, and back again. Rather than distracting her mind from the discussion, she found that shifting helped her concentrate, as if occupying her body freed her mind. While the others talk, her almond-shaped lavender eyes flicker from one shade to another. She runs a hand through her jet-black hair, and as she combs her fingers through it her locks are instantly bleached white. Those that look closely notice that there are opalescent specks in her hair that shimmer with every color of the rainbow.

"Passage was safe, Highness," she addresses the prince with a curtsy. "There are no dangerous roads when the king's pawns seek nothing more than a mask I wear." The actress listens patiently as the others discuss the elven town, placing a hand on her gently curving chin. She chimes in to answer Nulys' question: "Erina is merely Act One," she says. "Grand openings hardly work; instead, we must beware the subtle start that builds to a grand finale."
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2013-02-17 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

11. - Top - End - #11

"There isn't much more we have uncovered, but if you need to find him. The one leading the attack is a Knight Errant named Cian."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Then Cian is the man we must seek out," Nulys say definitively. She considers how long travel will take from here to Erina, and is otherwise prepared to depart.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Alth nods in agreement leaning back against the wall prepared to leave at any time.

14. - Top - End - #14

Luci Talbot

The actress finally looks away from the mirror. "Oh, we'll find him," she says (at once coolly and ominously). "I'll just require a few minutes for a costume change first." With that, the actress crouches to the floor and begins to draw a symbol on the ground. "Malphas, the Turnfeather, enter stage left!" she shouts.

Binding check - (1d20+7)[23]

As she finishes sketching an archaic diagram on the ground, there's a flash of white as a dule flight of doves bursts forth from the floor. The birds scatter and disappear, revealing a smartly dressed elven male. His black tunic has ornately woven patterns up and down the left side of the torso, but it peeks out only occasionally from the shroud of raven heads that drape over his shoulders.

"Ah, darling," he croaks. "Been a while. Pleasure, as always." His voice cracks as if his throat is sore, and he holds a hand to his neck. He leans forward and whispers a few sweet nothings into Luci's ear, causing her to giggle like a school girl. With that, he disappears, leaving nothing but a fine black mist near Luci's head which worms its way into her ear. Turning back around to the group, she says, "Ready when you are, friends." She smiles broadly, but her teeth are as black as night.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Nulys narrows her eyes and casts detect evil. She studies the unusual actress-turned-revolutionary with a steady gaze.

She is still ready to move out, despite the strange display.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Alth grins for half a second eyes flicking between Nulys and Luci trying to figure out a way he can use the rift between them to his advantage or profit.

17. - Top - End - #17

After gathering your things, the party travelled along the dry road. Every couple of days finding a town to rest in. The weather was more humid then expected, but fortunately it hadn't rained until today.

You currently reside in a private room of a small inn named the Rooks Gaze. The food was "apparently" decent, and the air was warm. The town was small, similiar in size to the Erina.

Spoiler
    Show
    The town you're in is three hours travel from the outpost.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Alth listens to the conversations of the patrons for any rumors of the nearby force staying hidden as much as possible.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen roll: (1d20+9)[20]
    Hide roll: (1d20+34)[45]
    Move Silently roll: (1d20+28)[31]

19. - Top - End - #19

Luci Talbot

The changeling takes a more direct approach to recon than her friends. She shifts her shape into a voluptuous redhead with porcelain skin and takes up a stool at the bar. She looks around the tavern for any men casting glances her way and plays coy, waiting for them to strike up a conversation. She thanks her lucky stars that her rehearsal with Malphas went well; otherwise, she might be falling into the very trap she was setting for these lonely men. As any possible suitors engage Luci in conversation and purchase her drinks, she slyly weaves the thread of Cian into the conversation--subtle enough that they don't even realize that's the man she's truly looking for, but direct enough that she hopes to gain some solid leads.

Taking 10 on Gather Information for a result of 18.
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2013-02-27 at 09:19 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Alth
    The patrons didn't seem to notice you listening, continuing to talk freely. Most of it is relatively useless; talk of a blight in the farms, a young girl who wounded herself pretending to be a warrior, and annoyance towards the price of ale.

But at a nearby table you hear, "We shouldn't even be here. A whole army going to waste." They were talking quietly, with their table placed near the wall.

In a second you were able to focus your hearing towards the table's group.
    "Isn't a waste. The king has a plan for the town, Cian 'parrently knows. If he's going 'long with it, there will be a tactic to this."

Luci
    Most of the men who approach seemed to be mere farmers, seemed to shy to speak more than a few sentences, and nothing of interest. They didn't have any information about Cian.

But two men were soldiers, you noticed immediately from their proud stance and the blade at their waists. These two did have some knowledge.

According to them, Cian was a tactician who defended the old king, not knowing any specifics. They seemed to respect him as their leader.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Alth naturally continues listening trying to move closer while still hidden.